Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Hmm, I see.

Btw, did you ever play Devil Summoner?

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:57 pm

madarrao wrote:
jorgiguel wrote:
madarrao wrote:
jorgiguel wrote:
i'll save mine for the next event since I already have Tamamo

lucky bastard...

oh well, i`ve accepted our Saberfaced overlords so im happy with Arturia now...

so,what servant are you waiting for?

in my case its Euryale,Nursery Rhyme,and Medea Lily

Semiramis, Semiramis, Semiramis, Semiramis

well, for your sake,i hope she`s not the unlock for Babylonia

probably
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Hmm, I see.

Btw, did you ever play Devil Summoner?

yes, i got as far as talking to Louis once... why?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Just wondering what your thoughts were. Why did you not finish?

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:10 pm

i think it was a pc meltdown and then Dark Souls 1 came out...

never got back to it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:18 pm

I guess youccouldn't have been that into it.

I don't get the Dark Souls hype

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:38 pm

you could say so, but the same thing happened to Nocturne. and Raidou 1 isnt at Nocturne level

id say you should try playing it. but playing darksouls without knowing how to play darksouls is a pain.

i only started enjoying it and liking it after i watched a lets play of the first 2 bosses and figured out how to play
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:44 pm

got dark souls 1 on steam (Had played Demon Souls on PS3)

tried playing it with a keyboard mouse... not user friendly at all.
So bought a game pad, felt quite the difference (mostly in close quarter battles, like the first boss that you are supposed to run away from but I want to kill it with my puny broken sword (forgot that I needed a catalyst to throw spells and you get that once you run away (or manage to defeat it by a miracle.

Created a mage, thinking it would be easier to just shoot spells at it and avoid its long range attacks... nope they deliberately don't let you be able to do that. Just your 2-8 (sometimes 11) Damage points you can shiv off of it with your broken sword. :/ Like I said they force you to run from it to get better gear and come back to defeat it later on. While at the same time you can test your luck and skill in defeating it with your starting gear and after defeating it.. you get a weapon that you cant use as its requirements are too high at that stage... but atleast you can use it as a crafting item... later on in the game to make a better sword (but still not that better than the best sword that you could make(or get) via normal play through.

So one would ask.. why go through all that trouble.. well the simplest answer is.. for the kicks.
The Soul's series make you try hard to be good at a game, use caution and feel a sense of accomplishment in defeating tough enemies. (you have a chance of loosing all your experience points if you die twice in a row, without claiming your lost souls right after the first death).

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:47 pm

You didn't finish Nocturne?! D:

Well, I don't expect anything to be at Nocturne levels. I am super hyped about P5 though. I might actually buy it new. That would be a first.

Eh, I'm not interested. Western rpg style has never appealed much to me. Even the western rpgs I have played like Gladius and LotR The Third Age were turn based.

Really, the only thing DS seems to have going for it is environment, which is like putting mustard on a plate and forgetting the bread and meat.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
You didn't finish Nocturne?! D:

Well, I don't expect anything to be at Nocturne levels. I am super hyped about P5 though. I might actually buy it new. That would be a first.

Eh, I'm not interested. Western rpg style has never appealed much to me. Even the western rpgs I have played like Gladius and LotR The Third Age were turn based.

Really, the only thing DS seems to have going for it is environment, which is like putting mustard on a plate and forgetting the bread and meat.

that was the first time i played Nocturne,

the second time i picked it up was when you started playing, i finished that playthough on True demon ending

Shadow-Heart wrote:

So bought a game pad, felt quite the difference (mostly in close quarter battles, like the first boss that you are supposed to run away from but I want to kill it with my puny broken sword (forgot that I needed a catalyst to throw spells and you get that once you run away (or manage to defeat it by a miracle.

Created a mage, thinking it would be easier to just shoot spells at it and avoid its long range attacks... nope they deliberately don't let you be able to do that. Just your 2-8 (sometimes 11) Damage points you can shiv off of it with your broken sword. :/ Like I said they force you to run from it to get better gear and come back to defeat it later on. While at the same time you can test your luck and skill in defeating it with your starting gear and after defeating it.. you get a weapon that you cant use as its requirements are too high at that stage... but atleast you can use it as a crafting item... later on in the game to make a better sword (but still not that better than the best sword that you could make(or get) via normal play through.

So one would ask.. why go through all that trouble.. well the simplest answer is.. for the kicks.
The Soul's series make you try hard to be good at a game, use caution and feel a sense of accomplishment in defeating tough enemies. (you have a chance of loosing all your experience points if you die twice in a row, without claiming your lost souls right after the first death).

the trick is to pick the black fire bombs as a starting gift. they are enough to kill the boss if you land 7-8 of the 10 you have.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Oh okay. :0

I'm going to play through this time with the bad/permanent Vortex ending, then Musubi, then Shijima, then Yosuga, then TD ending. Basically, reverse order of how much I care. I did the good/true neutral ending my first time.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:

or you could just get black bombs as a starting item and kill it that way.

or you could actually just kill it with your puny weapon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:04 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Eh, I'm not interested. Western rpg style has never appealed much to me. Even the western rpgs I have played like Gladius and LotR The Third Age were turn based

Dark Souls is for achievers and explorers. If you are not one of those, then it's not for you
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:14 pm

yeah It was laterz when I read about the black bombs trick.. but I already got sold on getting the skeleton key... was a bummer when I couldn't use it to open the jail doors that you come across right after you exit your own :/

Also had spent a good hour or so on creating my character that I didn't want to go through it all over again. I'll keep trying to take it down by using the trick of staying close to its backside and attacking the legs.. just have to roll at the right second and avoid getting hit twice or thrice cause thats all it takes to get the wizard class taken out. I do manage to get it down a quarter of its life before I get backed into a wall or mess up my timing :/

But practice makes perfect. Also after every death, I go back to the prison to kill the 3 zombies. Due to the number of times I've died, I've already farmed up a thousand souls so getting killed by the tutorial boss(twice in a row) is not a good thing. Need to really practice rolling if I mean to keep those XP and level up my stats a good amount once I reach the first checkout.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:15 pm

That's probably true.

Hey, Maddy do you want to play the Prisma trivia game, SMT/Persona edition? Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 3680231627

1. Who is my favorite SMT protagonist?

2. Who is my favorite demon/Persona?

3. In what order do I favor the series alignments?

4. Who are my favorite human secondary characters? Hint, it's a tie, and they're from the same game.

5. What is my favorite skill in the series?

6. Who is my favorite pairing?

7. Who is my least favorite human character?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:

4. Who are my favorite human secondary characters? Hint, it's a tie, and they're from the same game.

1. Gilgamesh

2. Gilgamesh

3. Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh

4. Gilgamesh and Gilgamesh

5. Gilgamesh

6. Gilgamesh and Gilgamesh of course

7. Archer
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 2332200876

We can always do a Nasuverse edition. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 4134108735

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
That's probably true.

Hey, Maddy do you want to play the Prisma trivia game, SMT/Persona edition? Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 3680231627

1 p3 mc

2 Orpheus

3 Lawful neutral

4 Junpei Akihiko

5 hama

6 Mitsuru and Akihiko

7 Fuuka

its all p3 cuz i dont remember anything about what you said about other series
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 2332200876

We can always do a Nasuverse edition. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 4134108735

1. Who's my favorite male servant?

2. Who's my favorite female servant?

3. Who's my favorite male non-servant?

4. Who's my favorite female non-servant?

5. What's my favorite Noble Phantasm?

7. Who is my least favorite servant?

8. Who is my least favorite non-servant?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:05 pm

All wrong lol.

1. Who is my favorite SMT protagonist? - Demi-Fiend

2. Who is my favorite demon/Persona? - Metatron, with Michael in close second

3. In what order do I favor the series alignments? - Neutral, then Law, then Chaos

4. Who are my favorite human secondary characters? Hint, it's a tie, and they're from the same game. - Argilla and Gale

5. What is my favorite skill in the series? - Morning Star

6. Who is my favorite pairing? - Junpei and Chidori. I'd accept Argilla and Roland too. Oh, that scene where they die fighting together. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 4287004830

7. Who is my least favorite human character? - Heat, followed by Isamu

-------------------------

1. Who's my favorite male servant? - Gilgamesh

2. Who's my favorite female servant? - Semiramis

3. Who's my favorite male non-servant? - Waver?

4. Who's my favorite female non-servant? - Rin

5. What's my favorite Noble Phantasm? - Ea

6. Who is my favorite pairing? - Hmm... Shirou and Sakura?

7. Who is my least favorite servant? - Lancelot?

8. Who is my least favorite non-servant - Shinji

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:

Payne wrote:also, jorg, did you have a photo for Archer? : o
Spoiler:

Payne wrote:

no worries then. : o
I can just type them out from the images.

oh... DX
I'd forgotten about that.

A new show in the same vein as Archer, is out.

I definitely like the atmosphere. The colors and art is quite appealing to me. Its got that cyberpunk or classic Miami Vice feeling to it or something. Whatever it is, its somehow refreshing and relaxing to my eyes Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 2382268751

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2767765-Moonbeam-City-online-free
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
1. Who's my favorite male servant? - Gilgamesh

2. Who's my favorite female servant? - Semiramis

3. Who's my favorite male non-servant? - Waver?

4. Who's my favorite female non-servant? - Rin

5. What's my favorite Noble Phantasm? - Ea

6. Who is my favorite pairing? - Hmm... Shirou and Sakura?

7. Who is my least favorite servant? - Lancelot?

8. Who is my least favorite non-servant - Shinji

1. Correct

2. hmmm close, but no cigar, while I desmonstrate a lot of interest in Semiramis I still do not know how her personality is, as such I can't say she's my favorite since I don't know her enough. As a result my favorite female servant ends up being Tamamo.

3. Wrong! It's Kotomine of course, you got to love that troll.

4. Really? While she did rub on me in the anime, Sakura continues to be best waifu :<

5. This one will be a surprise for you. Gae Bolg is my favorite Noble Phantasm.

6. Correct

7.  Li Shuwen from Fate/Extra. Every servant leaves a mark on me, either it's good or bad, even Fate/Zero Assassin who was a waste of a servant still managed to leave me a mark of disastifaction and wasted potential. Li Shuwen? I didn't even remember he was a Servant, and he was a major boss through the story, that's how unimpressive he was too me.

8. Ryuunosuke, why are you so generic?!
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:41 pm

I knew you liked Tamamo (for some reason...), but I didn't know that much. I would have guessed Medusa second.

Again, I knew you liked Sakura, but I didn't know that much.

I should have known Kotomine. I don't know why I didn't guess that.

Gae Bolg? Huh. Interesting.

Most of the computer Servants were kind of bland, but Li Shuwen was definitely the most bland.

I'm surprised by that actually. Probably the most surprising.

Can you guess what mine would be for the same questions?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I knew you liked Tamamo (for some reason...), but I didn't know that much. I would have guessed Medusa second.

Again, I knew you liked Sakura, but I didn't know that much.

I should have known Kotomine. I don't know why I didn't guess that.

Gae Bolg? Huh. Interesting.

Most of the computer Servants were kind of bland, but Li Shuwen was definitely the most bland.

I'm surprised by that actually. Probably the most surprising.

Can you guess what mine would be for the same questions?

There are multiple reasons to like Tamamo

I relate with Sakura a lot

Hey that's a lie, most of them were pretty good. Nursery Rhyme death continues to be one of the most tear jerking moments

Gilles is the cool one, Ryu is the extra baggage that nobody notices.

1. Archer

2. Medea

3. Tokiomi

4. Rin

5. UBW

6. Rin and Archer

7. Gilles

8. Kiritsugu
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Eh...

Is there a worm pit in your basement too? :/

1. Yep
2. Yep
3. Yep
4. Yep
5. I might actually say Bellerophon, but UBW is one of my favs.
6. Yes. If we're speaking canonically though, it's Shirou and Sakura.
7. Yes
8. Actually Ryuunoske. Kiritsugu is in 2nd

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 13 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next