Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:45 pm

I didn't get anything good. Only a bunch of 3 star servants. But I'm 2 stars away from doing another roll
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:48 pm

jorgiguel wrote:
madarrao wrote:
because Medea Lily lost a magic battle to Solomon so she`s force to do his bidding, which is to destroy history, for which she needs 2 things, the Ark of the Covenant(which appears together with summoning David), and a God(or in this case Goddess Euryale) to sacrifice to it,cuz the Ark destroys anything that touches it and if a God touches it,it destroys what created that god,which is always Humans

Medea is magically bound from telling what she`s doing to anyone, but everyone not named Jason has already figured it out,Medea told Jason it`ll make him the strongest being,capable of fufiling his wish of ruling over a Utopia,(well,with no one around, of course he`ll be the strongest,and it`ll be a utopia).Plus, Medea sorta remembers what Jason did to her, so she`s fine with destroying the entire world to prevent Jason for betraying her

but with Herk being Herk, despite working under Jason, he keeps on making a beeline towards Euryale to try and kill her and prevent the destruction of the world,Jason just thinks he`s to berserk to follow the order not to harm her

so Asterios sacrifices himself to keep Herk still while Hector pierces them both with Durindala,but Herk rezzes  cuz God Hand, and you fight him 4 more times till the MC has the idea, that if Herk keeps on going after Euryale, he`ll grab Euryale and jump over the Ark, Herk runs into it, and then Indiana Jones happens.

they must`ve gotten lazy with P4, in P3 they went thought the effort of changing all of Mitsuru`s English into French

that sounds awesome. Also Solomon servant confirmed?

Did we just read the same thing? Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 pm

we did. But I'm not american like you, I don't need guns in my stories for them to be good.
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 pm

jorgiguel wrote:
I didn't get anything good. Only a bunch of 3 star servants. But I'm 2 stars away from doing another roll

well, i dunno if its permanent, but at least for now, the chance of rolling 3 star servants is 40% instead of 20%

did you get any Euryale,David or Hector?

i admit, i was slightly dissapointed when Herk didnt go SSJ3(3rd ascension) for one final battle before getting killed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:53 pm

yeah I got them
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:56 pm

jorgiguel wrote:
we did. But I'm not american like you, I don't need guns in my stories for them to be good.

That has got to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
jorgiguel wrote:

That has got to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said.

It's called a joke, I know you americans are sensitive towards everything, but you really need to chill. Everybody knows the story of FGO is garbage. But everybody knows that it's a mobile game, so it having a story, however ****ty it might be, is already good enough. AKA it's the same with Melty Blood, it's a complete mess but no one cares because the story isn't the main focus of the game.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Again, I love how the only thing you seem to know how to do is lump Americans together with smug, undeserved superiority.

Great logic, if it weren't for the fact that all we're discussing at the moment is the story. Nor does great gameplay negate the fact that it is a garbage story.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:11 pm

F/GO prologue and Fuyuki,and Dango and event is written by Nasu,

Orleans is written by Higashide(F/apocrypha)
Rome is written by Sakurai (SnS)
Okeanos is written by Higashide again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Again, I love how the only thing you seem to know how to do is lump Americans together with smug, undeserved superiority.

Great logic, if it weren't for the fact that all we're discussing at the moment is the story. Nor does great gameplay negate the fact that it is a garbage story.

Holy ****, it's a joke. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

Quote :
Nor does great gameplay negate the fact that it is a garbage story.

(facepalm) tell me outside of RPGs, how many games do you think there are out there? :V
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:37 pm

you know what, let me go outside and breathe, I'm the one who needs to chill here before I say something that I'll regret
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:06 pm

madarrao wrote:
F/GO prologue and Fuyuki,and Dango and event is written by Nasu,

Orleans is written by Higashide(F/apocrypha)
Rome is written by Sakurai (SnS)
Okeanos is written by Higashide again

I feel like this is, in some way, meant to sway my opinion.

Mission failed.

jorgiguel wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:

Holy ****, it's a joke. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

Quote :
Nor does great gameplay negate the fact that it is a garbage story.

(facepalm) tell me outside of RPGs, how many games do you think there are out there? :V

Probably. But do you believe it to some degree? Guaranteed. I've heard enough of your anti-American comments to believe it. I'm not offended. My blood pressure hasn't risen one PSI. I just get annoyed when I hear people making obviously uninformed generalizations. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

I know there are a metric ton of games out there, the majority of which have garbage stories. That also explains why I haven't played them. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

Even rpgs can have some stupid stories.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:16 pm

"All jokes have truth to them"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:20 pm

They are not anti-american comments. To be anti-american I would have to be hating america, which I don't.

You are american, so my comments and jokes are going to be targeting americans since that is what the context asks for. If you were english or spanish or portuguese then my comments and jokes would be targeting those countries instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:25 pm

want to see anti-other countries?

Spanish:
Make sure not to lose your pillow, how else are you gonna sleep all day long?

English:
How's it feel being the ass of every joke?

German:
So world war didn't work so now you plan on conquering the world through economy?

French:
So tell me, is that smell cheese or you?

Portuguese:
You mean Spain?

American:
Did you take your freedomburger?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Except you know me pretty well and know that I'm not an avid Call of Duty fan who drinks beer and swears by Die Hard movies and Sylvester Stalone. So generalizations like that miss the mark by a lot. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

But anyway, I think we keep missing signals here. I'm not saying Fate/Grand Order doesn't deserve to exist. I'm saying it has a crap story that they definitely could have put more effort into. You can enjoy it just fine for the merits it does have. I like Crash Bandicoot games, and God knows they're not exactly Oscar-worthy entertainment. But if someone mentions the story to me, I'm going to give my honest opinion on it.

Really, it's not even that it's the worst story ever. There are far worse ones out there. It's all contextual.

For instance, I'm pretty good with willing suspension of disbelief. I can buy a millionaire playboy building a super suit in a Middle Eastern cave. I can buy a universe where the Norse gods are still around. But throw the two together and rain aliens down on New York, and you lose me. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

These days, people just seem to have the idea that the only way to improve to add more. Cause more must be better. Hey, a movie with one superhero is cool. Let's add five! A game with seven Servants is cool. Let's make it a billion and throw all nuance out the window!

----------------

....lol. The Germany one was actually pretty funny.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:35 pm

ok :0

(before you tell me "that's all you have to say?" Yes, that's all you have to say since I agreed with everything you said.)

Do spanish sleep all day long? no, do they sleep at random times? some places. Are English asses? Nowadays no, but the old generation still is. Are Germans world conquering fanatics? no but they were at one point. Do French smell? Yes. All? no, but a good chunk of them do. Are Portuguese Spanish? no, but they were at one point. Are american freedom crazy? Yes, all of them? No, but most are.

There's truth in every joke. Because a joke is meant to be a parody of reality.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:38 pm

^^

I get that. And believe me, I'm not exactly PC at the best of times. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 4276320252 But I'd think you know me well enough to know I don't think [anything + guns = awesome].

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:40 pm

what about Eagles + Guns? :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:41 pm

No. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

Speaking of nothing to do with that, I just started watching the Constantine series. Too bad it got canceled after season 1. It's pretty entertaining.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:44 pm

I started reading......Frankenstein Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Oh, what do you think? :0 I love Frankenstein. The Monster is an incredibly fascinating character to me. The Doctor... is basically the world's wangstiest douchenozzle. Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 2332200876

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I don't like it. I'm around chapter 6. I found the proloque really impressive since it created a really good imerssive feeling. The start was also decent I liked the doctor's family backstory since it gave a lot more depth to the character. BUT, I still cannot forgive how fast and how simple the whole "Oh yeah I can reanimate people and I'm going to do it" was handle, like one page of him going "while watching a body decompose I was enlightned by heaven and discovered the way to revive someone". ONE PAGE FOR THIS **** WHILE THE PROLOGUE IS 20 PAGES LONG?!
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Probably because the author (and keep in mind the time it was written) how no actual idea of how to explain the science behind it. So she just glosses over it, hoping that you'll buy the premise. And, really, how he brings the creature to life really isn't the point of the story. I think chapter upon chapter of the scientific method of modern necromancy probably would have lost most people lol.

Short version: it's a character study, not sci-fi.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:58 pm

it's actually a horror story. But whatever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly   Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly - Page 33 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 20: The Good, The Chat, and The Ugly
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next