Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous

Go down 
+5
Pika
madarrao
RyubosJ
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage

Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I agree.

I think there's hardly anything you can spoil about FFVII. It's kind of public knowledge at this point lol.

Sephiroth's goal was to figuratively kill the earth and use it as a spaceship to sail out into the stars.

(Meira disapproves)
Back to top Go down
BBomb
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
BBomb

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Okay I will Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 87804517

No it wasn't he deserved his head to be cut off :-/

Rob is awesome, he's like my fav character
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:46 pm

can't get into game of thrones
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 pm

\too lazy to find the episodes online
Back to top Go down
BBomb
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
BBomb

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Primewire

.ag

Didn't want to link it

Not sure if it'll cause problems for the site

Go to tv shows

Type GoT out and wal lah

It has all the eps and the new trailer

It gets them almost as fast as TV from what I know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:53 pm

*Watches House instead*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:54 pm

i find it predictable, i remember looking at the cover book with the boromir guy king whatever in a weird throne of weapons and with crows at his side and i'm like "that guy dies, right?" and my friend is like "how do you know?" "crows represent death in northern myth"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Good.

No, he didn't. >.> I don't approve of his actions, but he killed enemy captives. I don't think that deserves a beheading - especially considering you desperately need his troops. Keep him imprisoned. Even behead him later if you're that convicted about it. But don't do it in the middle of a war!

It's Robb. And I do like him. But he doesn't make the wisest decisions.

How can you not get into it?

More like "He does cause it's Sean Bean and he dies in nearly every role." Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 4276320252 And big deal, so you guessed that. Believe me, if there's one thing about GoT, it's that it is anything but predictable.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
BBomb
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
BBomb

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Ehh true enough

I'm strangely tired I'm going to sleep for a little bit

Night :0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Good.

No, he didn't. >.> I don't approve of his actions, but he killed enemy captives. I don't think that deserves a beheading - especially considering you desperately need his troops. Keep him imprisoned. Even behead him later if you're that convicted about it. But don't do it in the middle of a war!

It's Robb. And I do like him. But he doesn't make the wisest decisions.

How can you not get into it?

More like "He does cause it's Sean Bean and he dies in nearly every role." :rolleyes:And big deal, so you guessed that. Believe me, if there's one thing about GoT, it's that it is anything but predictable.

maybe for you, but for me stories where the theme of "anyone can die at any moment" arent impressive considering that's the type of stories i've seen the most.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Night. :0

Yeah, I've seen "anyone can die" stuff. But nothing plays it as close to the mark as Game of Thrones. They really have no qualms about killing anyone.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 pm

it also doesnt help that it's a cheap attempt of lord of the rings and that it's fan are constantly spoiling it everywhere and anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 pm

It's not a cheap attempt of Lord of the Rings. The two things have virtually nothing in common. Obviously you don't know anything about the series.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:27 pm

both having heavy influence in northern myth is a pretty big thing in common, except GoT fails in the fantasy part, which was the core essence of northern myth
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm

They don't both have a heavy influence in Northen myth... Each area in GoT has some basis or influence in Europe. The North, where the Starks are from, does have some basis in Northern stuff. But that's one small aspect of the world. And that would hardly make Game of Thrones a Lord of the Rings knockoff. As I said, they have virtually nothing in common.

LotR is a typical "hero's journey." GoT is far more of a political intrigue. I find it much more similar to the Tudors, if you've watched that.

LotR has many different races. GoT is basically all humans.

The world foundations and lore have absolutely nothing in common.

LotR is a light vs dark story. GoT is very much shades of grey, with no defined "big bad" and very few characters you can outright define as "good guys," most of which proceed to get killed off as all time goes on.

Back to top Go down
Leiv
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Leiv

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:36 pm

The North is more similiar tot he scottish highlands than the Norse. The Tyrells on the other hand are much more similiar to France. the dornish are actually the most related to a population that being the ottomans. And the free cities design and personality is very similiar to Venice just with super weird time framing, as that personality was brought upon by the spice trade and the prevelance of blackpowder weapons. GoT is interesting but certainly just jumps around randomly in its time framing of different cultures, which in itself makes for an interesting fantasy world.

GoT also uses pre-Tolkien european fantasy with the children of the forest being similiar to the Fey realms.

Lotr invented the heroes journey as a fantasy medium so its not a typical anything its the foundation for the high fantasy genre, and is far more based on the events of WW2 and WW1 than medieval european history.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Yeah, I read all that. I like that it feels closer to the real world and deals with grittier, more relatable things. I love LotR, but I enjoy GoT even more.

Yes, I'm aware of all that LotR stuff.

Back to top Go down
Leiv
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Leiv

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:43 pm

different takes on fantasy and utterly different stories so makes sense, however both are wonderfully written. Tolkien does better on scenery, atmosphere and the "money scenes" while Martin does one of the best jobs on character creation and progression you will ever see Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 442579085
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:44 pm

sorry leiv, but Lotr invented nothing of the Hero's Journey, hero's journey can be predated as far as Gilgamesh's epic and is most commonly found in Greek, every single myth of theirs is a Hero's Journey. Also you are right on the medieval history since northern myth is far older than medieval. Like The Hobbit is literally the retelling of Beowulf.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:46 pm

The Epic of Gilgamesh is not a "hero's journey." We're talking about the literary device of "band of good guys travels from point a to point b to defeat the evil entity." In any case, he's talking about modern literature.

The Hobbit is nowhere near a re-telling of Beowulf. >.>

Back to top Go down
Pika
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Pika

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:58 pm

would a Fantasy based RP be to generic for you peeps?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 am

It's an incredibly generic premise, but I expect you're going to develop it more than that.

Back to top Go down
Pika
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Pika

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 am

I've been going through my scary closet and found my old D and D books, and also my Pathfinder books, so I got to thinking of doing a fantasy RP.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:21 am

I guess you could. No harm in trying.

Back to top Go down
Pika
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Pika

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 am

I need some good human races
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous   Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous - Page 41 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 7: Gedo Fabulous
Page 41 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next