Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland

Go down 
+6
Dannytheman1
Silver90
Spiriter
Rin
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Leiv
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:58 am

Ember

Ember was about to reply to Faust's remark, as she opened her mouth part way, but stopped the moment he said never mind with a slight smirk on her face.

"Thanks, thought I don't really think I need it." Ember stated with a grin of zeal on her face, as she pulled out both of her guns and quickly enchanted them with fire enchantments, firing blazing and destructive shots that tore through the building like it was paper.

The building collapsed in multiple directions, some falling towards the main group that showed up unannounced while others fell around the old exorcists from before, creating shards of dust and bits of iron flying around, causing chaos.

"Sounds like a plan." Ember replied now in a much more serious tone, as she dashed as fast as she could out of here.

Sain

"Interest... never have a hated the word so much." Sain mumbled in hatred, as was hit by hazard after hazard with his face growing more and more irritated the more he came across. And how the hell was this floor so slippery? He's a vampire for gods sake, was this floor enchanted just to be a extra pain when he crossed it?

This went on until he ran into a group of men with tar and feather, effectively turning him into some strange vampire-plant-chicken mutant hybrid that... he didn't even know.

"And now there's tar, this better not mess up my vines." Sain ranted, as he finally sound some peace when he entered the room full of spectators.. hoping that this would be the end of...

"OW, you gotta be kidding me." Sain yelled in pure annoyance this time, as his face literally had the worst scowl on it that could possibility exist on his face for as long as he could remember.

Finally Coyote decided to talk to them, as Sain listened to the situation switching between a rather interested expression to one of malice as his back was being used as a chair for the next second in almost an instant.

Sain would let Katrina handle the talking for the time being, he was rather annoyed at this point and didn't want to go off on a tangent from all the hell that has happened in the last 10 minutes.

Vela

Vela breathed a sigh of relief with a kind smile on her face when she heard her mother finally state it was her, even if she was a vampire it seems like she didn't mind it much. Which surprised, she parents sheltered her like a princess when she was a kid.

"Thanks, but to be honest I didn't expect this place to still be standing... I heard a few things about this place during my travels and assumed..."
Vela stated, not growing quieter as it went against her demeanor around her mother, but more uncertain as she pondered the situation.

"Regardless, I want to help out. As you can tell, I have unusual talents now."
Vela uttered, as she demonstrated this by filling her hand up with life energy healing one of the scratches of her arms that she got from her journey.

But Vela's eyes soon darkened afterwards, as she came to address the shady character comment. It didn't appease her at all, because her family were known for their more isolationist attitudes.

"This shady character and meeting though... can you tell me more about it."
Vela stated grimly, as her gaze shifted towards the door where she heard the footsteps for a moment, wondering what the ruckus and urgency would be about.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:46 am

Prayer

Due to the collapsing building, Prayer ducked out onto the side where Ember and Faust were. Seeing as he couldn't exactly get to the others now, specially with psychopaths around, he decided to join Ember and Faust in getting out of there, taking out his Walkie-talkie, and speaking into it "There's kind of a building separating us, so I'm gonna head off with these two for now", before putting it back on his person, and quickly following after Ember and Faust.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:47 am

Katarina

The string of accidents finally overcome her as she couldn't help but laugh out loud at sain's predicament.
"Oh come on, i think it suits you" Kat uttered in sheet amusement to sain still openly laughing at him.

Coyote's sudden appearance startled her a bit but she soon got over it as he started talking basically describing himself as an irresponsible leader that pushes all his work onto his subordinates.
"Pretty much the same, having everything out there trying to kill or eat you starts getting dull after a while so a change of scenary was in order, and apparently we made the right choice." Kat said while glancing over at sain during the last part and letting out a chuckle at his state.

"Anyway, you telling us about this "trouble" is your subtle way of hinting you want us to help solve it?" Kat finally spoke somewhat serious, half expecting something like this when she decided to come to a domain.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
TheDarkestAnimeFan

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Vela
Her mother nodded to herself when Vela offered assistance, though she did not answer her further questioning as Markov stood and looked to the doors. She gave a sigh and waved him back to one of the chairs on the side of the room. "In that case, stay, and you will find out all you wish to know. You to Markov, I'm sure there will be no objections to having a bodyguard in my own home." She turned her head and grinned a bit at Vela. "And how could I send my darling daughter away?" A moment later the door opened and one of the men guarding the door said simply, "They're here." After getting a short, impatient wave from Vela's mother the man nodded and shut the door once more.

It opened only moments later, with the same man walking in first, followed by three other figures. Two women and a single man, their looks separating them into very different walks of life but their attire spoke of uniformity. They all wore cloaks that used to be white, grey and dusted over time, though the outside of them had been outright dyed black. Small pins were on each of their lapels, little dull silver things with what seemed to be a small, circular maze of sorts, all paths twisting towards the middle like a whirlpool. The rest of their clothes was made up of militarily-efficient garbs, long-sleeves and pants with pockets and hooks from where an almost bizarre level of equipment could be held, though many were left empty, and looked to be where weapons would be held. The grey-haired woman who came in first actually had a small screen with a keypad below it strapped to her side, with wires running through the seams of her clothes. Her face looked younger than one would expect from such old looking grey eyes and hair. The second woman was dull, permanently slumped over with brown hair, a demeanor that hardly seemed assertive, and extraordinarily empty eyes. The man looked just as haggard as the others, something that spoke of this being yet another task over several weeks of doing such things. He still wore a hood over his head, and only a neutral mouth and strands of hair hanging over his nose were visible beneath it.

Vela's mother took them all in in an instant, and gestured to the chairs facing her on the back wall, near where Vela was. Two of them stepped over to them, though the brown-haired woman had to be given a shove, as if she hadn't been conscious of the decision until then, and then they all took their places. After waiting a polite enough amount of time for the hostess to get situated, the grey-haired woman spoke up first.
"Good day, Miss Aqil. I would like to tell you that we are overjoyed at your response to our diplomatic efforts." she said with a practiced tone, her face hardly seeming to get above bored, much less joyous. The way the man sat over seemed to say he had been in many meetings like this recently and didn't quite consider this one to be too worthy of note, as he almost dozed off in the first few minutes. The brown-haired woman simply sat stalk-still, her empty eyes gazing off at nothing in particular. "While I am quite happy simply to have been invited here, I must of course ask, have you considered our offer." Vela's mother had her gaze locked on the woman speaking since she came in, and held her hands on the desk in front of her for a moment before leaning forward to respond. "I have considered.. but quite recently several things have changed. While I can't outright allow or refuse your offer at the moment, I am more than willing to send someone with you to investigate the proposition further." The man practically groaned in his seat, more work, and for what seemed to be obviously a stall tactic. Impatience crept into the representative's eyes and something almost dangerous seemed to fill the air, but Aqil cut it off shortly. "Naturally I do not mean to wave you off by sending you traipsing around with some peon." She gestured to Vela now. "This is Vela Aqil, and she will join you on this proposed venture and render decision immediately following its conclusion. I trust this will do?" The representative sat back and pondered for a moment before giving out a sigh. "Fine. But we cannot be kept long, we leave within the hour and will have to start immediately." Aqil nodded at this with a practiced smile as two of them got up, one of them cuffing the brown-haired woman so she got up as well, and then filed back out of the room. Aqil breathed a sigh of relief and turned back to Vela. "Not quite as enlightening as you had hoped, no doubt, but you can certainly help here. These.." She stood and waved her hand around, trying to find a word. "Creatures.. I suppose they used to be exorcists of a sort from the things I have seen them do. They seem to have formed some kind of organization, and one day they come to me, asking for talks with smiles and enough weapons hidden to level a city block. So I agree, not due to the threat but because they actually seem somewhat reasonable in this insane city. They perform well enough but tell me nothing of their leader, where they are, nor their purpose. They offer a small mountain of supplies most of the city would kill their families for, insisting they want to "rent out" the eastern tunnel we use to reach the bay. Its not our only escape route but it is quite important and naturally quite close. I've seen them moving something, but I cannot find out what it is." Now Aqil had moved over and stood directly in front of Vela. "I need to know, find out what they really are, what they're really doing, and what they really want. Once you have done that, I am confident you can make this decision on your own."
Back to top Go down
Leiv
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Leiv

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Ghosty
“Excuse me for pointing out something so obvious to such well versed individuals as yourself” Louis said cordially “But if it was still your land and home than me and my kind would be unable to breach the threshold of the occupied residence without traumatic effects.” Louis finished with a slight smirk which broke his respectful façade for just a minute.
Louis gave a polite smile at the acceptance of the dinner offer and gave a low (if exaggerated) respectful bow. Louis strode out through the front door and at once disappeared with a slight hiss and feint odor of sulfur. The small group was suddenly standing before a magnificently adorned large golden dining table. The “room” if you could call it that was bathed in the flicker of flames from a floating chandelier. There appears to be no walls, just endless swathes of blood red fabric and curtains which distorted the shape and size of where they stood as to make wherever they were unrecognizable.
Endless delicacies were stacked on the table to the point of spilling across the deep shimmering gold of the sparkling golden table. At the head of the table sat a large floor length crystal mirror which didn’t reflect anything and simply stood as a bright silvery opaque hole. Louis stood patiently at the side of the table with a polite smile creasing his face and a deep red suit. “Welcome honored guests, please enjoy our hospitality, My Lord shall be with you momentarily.”

Chryse, Ray, Rover, Selena, Carlos
The weird mousy women’s brows furrowed “Nooo, it clearly says here Lady Blythe are you sure your fisherman and not nobles?” The strange women flipped a large heavy leather ledger around “See right there Lady Blythe” She flipped the book back around before anyone would realistically be able to read it. “His spiderness is waiting for your upstairs” The strange little women ushered the group up the marble staircase to the landing of the second floor which posed a scene that was far more bizarre than the women they had just left.
A man sized spider sat reclining in an overstuffed armchair, two of its bottom 4 legs were crossed over the others while the other four arms were preoccupied holding up a pair of large heavy books to its bespectacled 8 eyes.

Jack, Jasmine, Zhi
Dionysus turned a narrow gaze upon Zhi while jasmine was already looking longingly at the exposed bodies in the room and the sweet blood which poured through their full delicious veins. “Halt mortal.” The greek god commanded Zhi after Jack had left the room. “You do not seem to have… acclimated to our delectable surroundings.” The girl on his lap gave a moan of pleasure as she writhed against him. “If you would like to further enjoy the protection offered by my selfless hospitality and remain here with your far more agreeable friend” Dionysus let his gaze linger on Jasmine, a rush of pleasure and longing for more coursing through the young vampire. “You must do something for me. The man who was just here, Jack, he is stealing from me in my own realm, eliminate him from my domain and you may stay.”

Prayer, Ember, Zack, Faust
Revs through his arms together, the air rippling around his small group as Zacks attacks cracked against the invisible wall he created, before throwing his arms up moving the shield above them to provide shield to the explosion, the heat making his cheeks burn. “Mathew!” Revs yelled to his brother.
“On it” Mathew leapt into up and then seemed to do so again, seemingly jumping off solid air, as he made his way onto the roof with Ladd in moments. His twin blades appearing in his hands as he dashed towards their attacker at a speed normal humans were simply not capable of, his blades were elading as he pounced on Ladd with a upwards cross slash.
Then building groaned and snapped in protests, as its supports gave way, the iron and concrete snapping and cracking as the structure crumbled. Glass, iron and stone seemed to explode forth like a giant grenade. And a grey cloud of dust descended upon the area making visibility all but nonexistent.

The first blow staggered Ember, the second sent her crumpled and gasping for breath to the floor, and the third was a pair of brutal kicks which knocked the guns out of her hands. And the large blast of fire barreled down on Faust. “You got it all wrong dear, the rhyme goes its London bridge falling down.” The fire gleaming in John Winter’s hands illuminated his pale face and danced in his intense blue eyes. “I was having a pleasant reunion with my old school chum Revs, and your little stunt with the building rudely interrupted it.” A vicious kick to her ribs cause Ember to double over in pain. “So then what is appropriate punishment for impetuous little brats these days… I’m open to suggestions for the class.”
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:41 am

Leiv wrote:
Ghosty
Spoiler:

Maxwell almost let a retort escape his lips, but then thought it wise to not argue with the messenger boy. It wasn’t like it was going to change anything at the moment. What was done is now in the past. Everyone needs to move forward and take the next steps, accordingly. And the next step at the moment seemed to take them over in an instant.

Looking up, Maxwell peered into the starless darkness. It was like looking up at the ocean, the deep black abyss, during its darkest hour. Maxwell half expected to see a few trailing after images of some luminous deep sea creatures in that dark void. Training his gaze lower, the deep crimson drapes that appeared to be flowing down from the very ocean above, melding with the floor, covered by the same vibrant texture, illuminated by the shimmering chandelier that sent shadowy, disfigured limbs on the floor and drapes, those which were close enough of the distorted maze like.. area that the three were brought on; somehow, Maxwell felt a bit attached to this place. He even felt like he could live here, till he got bored... But then, getting back at face level, his neck returned to see straight ahead, the human child with the demon inside, standing next to that crystalline structure, the Golden table with the extravagant food for a party of a hundred or more mouths. The food was not enough to cover the hideous image that tore at Maxwell’s eyes, like daggers piercing through his sockets.

A cringing moment for sure, Maxwell had to hold himself back from threateningly wielding his weapon, but after managing to hold himself back, he finally replied back. “Nice place, you got here…” a twitch got loose at his right eye, “though you could have done away with a little or all of the Midas’s Touch.” Glancing towards the blood red drapes, for a change of scenery, “Though I am in no position to question a Host’s taste. We’ll gratefully accept your hospitable gestures.” Maxwell let lose one of his fake smiles and slightly nodded his head while facing the suited, booted, retainer.

Tsk!! Nice place? You gotta be joking. You should see what I’ve done with my place. My dining hall, blows everyone else’s out the park.” Raven ended with a huge smirk on her face that lighted up the fire in her eyes.

Surge, instantly shot back at the disrespectful woman in the tight black leather clothes, “Little Woman, you can’t throw stuff like that, we are their guests, act like one, even if you don’t approve of it. This is not the time or place to be picking fights.” Surge, cheekily grinned at the next part as he motioned towards the table, “Why don’t you distract yourself with all the shiny objects, maybe if you play nice, they will let you keep them.” Surge chuckled at the end.

Raven shot daggers at the cloaked figure standing two feet behind Maxwell’s right side, as she challenged him, “I’m not a magpie, you lightning shitting zombie!! Plus if you ever call meLittle Womanone more time.. I’m going to rip you apart and shred you into so many strings that you wished you never came back. I may look younger, but never forget, who the older one from you two is!!” her hands at her sides, bent back with those razor sharp nails at the ready to claw at her bantering partner.

Surge instantly backed up by pushing his body away, without leaving his spot though; with his palms pushing the space in-between her and him, “Oh!? I was being generous…” he then regained his posture and with another evil smile, “but then if you prefer to be called anOld crone”? Well then, I got no issues with that.” Surge continued to tease her like it was something he found pleasure in doing so.

Raven was just at her limit, her short fuse going to explode and ready to pounce at her teammate, when she grudgingly turned away and moved ahead to take a seat at the lavish table in front, but not before a strict cough was heard, coming from a few paces in between the two, “AHEM” Maxwell signaled a wordless warning, ordering them to back down before he got any more angrier; for hidden to them, veins were just about popping levels, at Maxwell's forehead.

Following suit, Surge took a place at the left side of the table, leaving a few seats in between Raven and him. Maxwell headed to occupy the middle seat; with Raven near the head and Surge not far off from Maxwell, they had once again reprised their initial positioning, that of which having Maxwell surrounded from either sides.

I apologize on their behalf. I hope their foolish banter wouldn’t further affect the mood of this meeting.” Maxwell addressed his concerned voice towards the young boy.
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Chrys

The strange woman and her allegations about the origin of the Blythes forgotten, the young pair climbed the stairs and stopped in front of a strange sight. It was a spider, a giant spider. While something like that wasn't so surprising for a lycan, what it was doing was another thing. For regular lycans, it was not exactly habitual to act ... human ... to that extent. The spectacles they could somehow understand, but the fact the spider was reading was baffling. However, there it was, sitting in a red chair. That was enough for Chrys. She stepped forward and adressed the spider politely: "Mister Anansi? I'm Chrys Blythe. I come to you seeking information about my family. Could you help us? " Ray stood right behind her the whole time, acting like a mental support.

Jasmine

After she finished the wine, Zhi suggested they explored the place. Jasmine, still mad at him, gave him a toothy grin that was not friendly at all: "Yea lets." She was gonna pay him back for making fun of her. Holding onto that thought was actually helping her to resist the temptations around more easily. But it seemed her fun would have to be delayed, since Dionysus still had things to say to the human monk. Jasmine stopped in the doorway and listened in on the conversation. So, Zhi was not welcome. Perfect. While her mind was full of complaints about the trouble the human was causing her, she was already sniffing the air to keep the trail of the girl she just drank. There really was nothing else to do but to comply with the request, and she was sure Zhi would see it the same way. Nevertheless, she waited for his response before moving on.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:41 am

Zack

Vino immediately headed towards the sound of gunfire that didn't originate from the main battlezone(ember) only to arrive and notice Winters had already "claimed dibs" on this group.
"Well guess i'll clean up the mess instead", with that simple statement, Vino began walking away while uttering some strange words, if one payed attention they could pick up that they were mostly associated with wind. After chanting the spell, the red headed psycho extended his hand as strong gusts of razor sharp winds seemed to blow into the direction of his extended hand blowing away the dust and slicing or atleast trying to cut whatever was on the main street.

Ladd, his instincts told him he was in danger though not how or from what but that was quickly answered when the exorcist showed up infront of him swords in hand trying to eviscerate him. Tossing himself back with all his enhanced strength/speed he could muster while using the shotgun to try and deflect the blades with one hand while with the other tossing a grenade towards mathews head. Ladd was betting on mat dodging the grenade, or simply letting it pass by so it would get behind him before exploding thanks to the opposite trajectories, this would also help use mat as a meat shield versus the explosion and shrapnel.

Zack was just smirking like a madman on top of the building when the dust rose, he kept track of everyone that could sense his killing intent but the others were temporarily shielded from his sight as he stalked from the rooftop waiting for the prey to show itself.

Zhi

The god's words shocked Zhi, what the hell could that guy from earlier steal to piss of Dionysus, he was practically giving out everything one would need for free though humanity's greed can never be underestimated apparently.

"As you wish... now to go to track him down", the last part being accompanied by a sigh as searching randomly could end up as wasted effort and also as a not so subtle hint that he would like to be informed by his location instead of having to find it himself.

If jasmine accompanied him, he would not object and ask her how she was holding up.

Zhi actually wanted to find Jack as he was very curios about what happened that could enrage dionysus so, sure he wasn't pleased about himself not losing his head like the rest of them but atleast he somewhat tolerated the former monk.

Faust

As he expected, things turned out badly thanks to the rash actions of ember and prayer, why couldn't they just run away in peace for once was the thought that ran trough faust's head as he jumped onto the ground and roll away from the fire, the duck and roll preventing him from getting seriously burned even if he would still get a bit singed.

Vino's appearance only made things worse but atleast he seemed to ignore them and instead began to remove the dust cloud with some sort of wind magic, just great, they blew their cover for nothing and by the looks of it would have to deal with both a pyrokinetic lunatic and a wind user by the looks of it.

Having no choice, Faust started gathering and mixing demonic and holy energies as his hand and eyes began to glow an eerily pale blue.

Carlos

Carlos just followed them absent minded since apparently he wasn't allowed to shoot anything right now and nothing around really interested him, even the sight of the spider on the arm chair left him cold as he ignored his instinct to draw his gun and shoot the giant bug. Selene was in a similar situation exept that instead of violence, the threat she posed was in the form of snide comments.
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 am

Jasmine

Just as she expected, Zhi accepted the ultimatum. When the human passed her while muttering something about where to find this Jack, she pointed in the right direction and said curtly: "That way. " Being a vampire, it was a child's play to follow the smell of blood. As they weaved through the entranced crowd, Jasmine could thankfully feel the devastating effects of Dionysus' s presence weakening.

Nevertheless, she was still angry at Zhi and tried to keep a bit ahead of him, discouraging conversation. But the man apparently couldn't take a hint and inquired about her state. Turning sharply to face him, she hissed: "I am fine, though certainly not thanks to you. Now let's get this bothersome business over with so I can sleep." With these words, she pushed her top hat a bit upwards, releasing three of her butterflies from under it. The artificial creatures fluttered up above them, not minding the drizzle falling from the sky. They would move ahead of the pair as they were closing in on Jack and his obscure activities.

With the front guard that should warn them of any possible traps, the two should be able to sneak within sight of Jack unnoticed. Jasmine watched the book he used with a frown; this seemed to be unnecessarily troublesome already. She looked at Zhi before making any decisions though; for one this was his task, and then he was more of an expert in matters like this.
Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Jack: readjusted his posture and looked up straight forwards, staring into space. ...That's quite interesting Vampire, butterflies in the night rain... You know if anyone else noticed that they'd quickly draw the conclusion that something is wrong... The body before jack had already had it's eyes removed, and it's forearms split into two smaller separate limbs, each with so many of the fingers, and half of a wrist. But the thing is, you might have found the one person on this earth who would be comforted by such a sight rather than alarmed... he slowly stood to his feet, But there is one thing. Jack slid his knife into an open sheath at his side. One thing wrong... He turned and looked directly at Jasmine, The acrid smell. Jack looked at her, his face was solemn but calm. Jack's gentle blue eyes gazed at both of them. His next words carried a hint of amusement but the maintained a serious tone that matched his expression, That woman cannot stand a stench.

Jack casually took a few steps towards the pair Sooooo, how can I help you? I assume, based on your expressions that you are here to kill me, or at least do somthing to me that I wouldn't like Jack casually lights a cigarette and take a slow drag in the rain. I'm afraid I can't be so pleasant if we're going to fight though. I'd like to talk this out if it's possible.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
TheDarkestAnimeFan

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 am

Katarina, Sain
Coyote's ears perked up at Katarina's last words. "You catch on quick kid. Scoop your friend up and come over to the table, I got an itch that the guys here just can't scratch." Suddenly the three of them were in chairs next to the table, though Sain had arrived upside-down. Without pausing to chuckle at the latest misfortunes arriving at Sain's doorstep, Coyote pointed a now human finger at the right side of a map on the table. It was a map of the presidio, what was now the remnants of the old HATF effort. Coyote ran his finger from the southern bay shore to the right and then towards treasure island, areas that used to be mostly coven territory. "Tunnels. Dark, wet, cramped, and apparently impassable. Issue is, I can't get a report back for someone to tell me what the problem is in the first place! Even had a guy with a radio held to his mouth the whole time, got a gasp, maybe some static, then nothing." His eyes flicked to the vampires and he gave a grimace. "Sounds bad eh? But hey, I'm not asking for you to go clear em' or anything, just.. get some eyes on what's down there and come back. Your sort work better in the dark than the humies anyway- should be a cinch." He shrugged and waved off an ever-growing stack of papers someone attempted to shove in front of his face. "I don't feel like sending a scout team in blind, so here's the clues we got so far." An aide took a thin folder out of his jacket pocket and offered it to Sain and Katarina. "So the next question is, what do you guys want from me?" A now literal coyote said with a toothy grin, his chair tipping around wildly but never falling over, though it bumped Sain's and he went crashing to the ground.

Folder contents:
Three blurry photographs of the underground. Dark and unfiltered, the only thing one can make out appears to be a purplish hue emanating over what otherwise is your usual dilapidated underground tunnels.
Aide Note 1: Tunnels used to connect to the Citadel after a branch was opened, but like most new branches it collapsed when the exorcist underground parking garage exploded.
Aide Note 2: Relics of the dead factions that used the area still remain, mostly charred bits of paper files and the occasional garment or weapon. - Not enough to recommend a scavenging mission however
Aide Note 3: Gerard recommends ceasing operations with any tunnel system associated with Treasure Island. When pressed on the subject he showed further signs of repulsion as well as memory loss. Inspection by our leader (finally) showed his memories had been altered. The only phrase we were able to extract from him further was "HK-137".
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:24 am

Zhi

The fact that jasmine was the one to tell him the way so quite unexpected but thinking it over it made sense since vampires could sense blood, she apparently was a little annoyed with him but zhi just shrugged it off since he wasn't really sure what she was blaming him for.

"Now that's messed up... i really thought you just phrased your request for the girl badly, but ****..." Zhi commented upon witnessing jack's handywork, he wasn't squirmish or one of those nut jobs that thought killing was wrong no matter what but corpse desecration was about where he drew the line.

After the few seconds it took to "admire" the corpse, Zhi finally replied, matching jack's gaze with a stern one of his own.
"His words were to eliminate you from the compound for stealing something of his, i was actually curios as to what you have stolen to make him enraged. I was actually hoping to talk it out since I do not believe in shoot first ask questions never, but seriously what possible reason would you have to kill the girl and butcher her corpse, exept being a psychopath?"

Zhi actually wanted to escort jack out of dionysus' domain instead of killing him at first, but now he wasn't so sure anymore. Normally he wouldn't care about random people killing each other or getting killed as it was part of the cycle of life and he didn't know them, however the corpse thing really made zhi second guess if he should just leave jack's fate to karma.

Despite appearing to be defenseless and full of openings, Zhi was actually ready to counter attack at any second, creating the mirage of openings in defense was one of the most basic things for a true martial artist, however despite being ready to fight at any given second he wouldn't start one... for now atleast.
Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 am

Jack:
Stole something?... oh her soul? Jack broke his serious expression and chuckled a bit. She was dying of the neck wound, the vampire gave her. He held his hands out in a shrugging position, being careful not to appear as if he was about to attack. No hard feelings on that end, I'm just recycling. He let his hands fall to his side, his face softening further. You say Dionysus sent you? I wasn't aware he had any way of holding onto souls that leave their mortal body, else I would have taken my business elsewhere. Jack carefully pulls the book from his belt and shows it to the two. I came here because the notion that souls are punished for partaking in copious amounts of pleasure in their days alive, doesn't sit well the me. So instead of letting God toss her to burn in a fiery pit, I sealed her soul away in this book. I've done this multiple times within Dionysus's fiefdom, and many more times outside of it. No-one deserves an afterlife in hell, especially not for sex and alcohol. I'm just holding onto to them until I can pass them along to a better place... I guess Dionysus has become perturbed by my gathering of souls, pitty, I liked him more than I did most gods around here.

Anyway as far as the corpse goes He looks over at the mangled corpse. I believe I've voiced my distaste to the Christian God, carving up the body is something between an art project, a middle finger to God, and a bit of a scarecrow for bandits. You know the story of vlad the impaler goes right? Jack chuckled once more, You put grotesque sh** in your yard and people tend leave you alone. His expression remains warm as he casually slides his hands in his pockets. I get the monk vibe from you, I realise that messing with corpses and such thing is something you'd probably find particularly disturbing, sorry about that. I wouldn't have taken her soul and carved up her body if she hadn't already been dying or dead respectively. She has a beautiful soul... poor thing. I'm just a bit of a believer in pragmatism friend, let nothing go to waste, not even the corpses.

In any case Jack let the cigarette fall out of his mouth before stepping on it to put it out with his sandal. How is it we're gonna work this out? You two seem like the nice type. I would like to actually have a word with Dionysus, but I don't exactly know what his orders were to you, so I figure we'll have to resolve this first.
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 am

Jasmine

Against all odds of probability, Jack noticed the butterflies in the darkness. In fact he was even able to associate them to her, which made the vampire consider whether he was really just a human. But she would not let any of her thoughts show on her face; instead, she replied cooly: "Well most people here are too busy to look around." As the conversation progressed, she let Zhi do the talking, exactly for rhe reasons listed before. She wanted to know how much potential trouble could this character be.

However as for the mutilated girl, she didn't care much. She was confident the woman would have lived after her bite, despite the circumstances, and how others spent their time didn't interest her; unless it directly affected her, of course. She did notice that it bothered her human companion, however.

When the former monk questioned Jack about it, the man's answer made her twitch almost imperceptibly. He called her vampire again . Such insolence. "Jasmine. And the girl would have lived," she interjected before letting Jack finish his explanation. When the book came into focus again, she felt a sort of accomplishment since she figured out its importance beforehand. The man sounded reasonable and she thought this could be solved with minimal hassle; that is, until he asked to speak to Dionysus. A sigh escaped her as she formed a response in her head: "He said to eliminate you from here, exactly as Zhi told you. Now I don't think that necessarily means killing you, but I cannot imagine that he'd be glad to see you again," she concluded, sarcasm clearly seeping into her voice towards the end. Jasmine personally would prefer if Jack just left peacefully, but she was still leaving the final decision on Zhi, since it was his responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Jack
Heheheh, well you haven't told me your name until now hun, I'll call you Jasmine if you would like He replaces the book on his hip. I was of the opinion that she would have died, I would hate to have ended her life prematurely, but as I said, I won't have someone dying and then suffering because of a divine beings moral opinion. He holds his arms rather seriously, but his voice remains soft. These gods prove more and more to be quite arrogant, and irritable, though I suppose that is what you can expect from a being with so much power... goes to their head. Anyway. Jack turned his gaze back towards Dionysus palace in the distance. As I said, I'd like to come before Dionysus, I'd like to see just what he makes of this situation, however... He adjusts his posture and turns his attention back towards Jasmine and the monk If you are of the opinion that my going to see Dionysus would result in the monk getting thrown out, I will go, though it's worth mentioning that after speaking with Dionysus, I will leave anyway unless he asks I stay. Consider it a stranger asking you for a favor, feel free deny me, but of course I'd be appreciative if you obliged me. WE WILL get our word around to Dionysus one way or another, but I will leave that task to someone else if it would be the difference between the monk having a place to stay or not. He goes quiet for a brief moment but then snaps his fingers, Oh, or secret option 3, I could always use some traveling companions. Not like I really expect you to accept that offer, he laughs, but it does get lonely on the road, I always figure I'll try asking.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Zhi

Zhi listened to motives and conversation though not really being swayed one way or the other, the amount of psychopats who killed "in the name of god" along the history of human kind is incalculable, even though this was a reversed situation of the usual type.

"Well you're not the first self-righteous guy in history, nor is your "art", also the amount of religious beliefs is beyond vast, each with their own version of the afterlife, assuming the god of abraham's is the only one sounds quite close minded, what if the eastern religions thesis about reincarnation is rea?, if your book does trap souls within then you condemned her to faith far worse. Anyway about your request, i wasn't given a dead line, or any specifics really on how to "eliminate" you, so if you want to speak to him i won't stop you, though be warned he might actually be more specific about the elimination process this time, if you decide to just leave i'll escort you to the gates." Zhi finally spoke making his decision of solving this non violently while awaiting Jack's decision.

"By the way, the term monk not might be the most accurate in my case, i might of spent more then a decade surrounded by buddhist monks, but i found the earthly desires just to much fun to pass up."
Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Indecisiveness leads to loss, and I've had plenty of experience with Jehovah and his fiery red closet lover. The worst case scenario for this girl was eternal suffering, I can't let that happen. He smiled at the monk, But don't worry... actually i didn't catch you name?... anyway, the book is only a stopgap measure to protect men from their cruel masters in this world. Regardless what is real and isn't, our plan is to move these spiteful, violent, hateful, lecherous, forsaken, ect. all of the souls who's fates lie in jeopardy we will bring them to a place where there is certainty and where the forsaken will be safe, and the hateful and violent can be rehabilitated. Places a hand on his heart, I act out of love, and i act out of logic. Love says this soul needs to nurtured. Logic says her body is a bag of flesh deserving no honor or respect as it no longer houses a life. he shrugs. This is my philosophy and I have chosen to act on it. If I was of the belief that time wasn't of the essence, perhaps I would have more time to ponder what's real and what isn't, but time is of the essence, so I can't

In my opinion friend, there's nothing wrong with enjoying worldly pleasures, hence why i came here in the first place. I was not aware that it would cause hostilities, we need to rethink our plan.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 am

Vela

Vela listened to the conversation between the two with mild interest. She knew of these people slightly during her travels with Katrina and Sain, but she never got much out of them. Mainly because they were still considered exorcists and they were still considered vampires, so it was just unnecessary conflict.

That was until her name was brought up that Vela raised an eyebrow at the comment, she didn’t like the idea that she was being used for a bargaining chip, but she did agree with her mother’s reasoning all the same and was curious about the situation.

“Don't worry, I’ll do it. I just hope no one minds my condition.” Vela replied to her mother, as she glanced over at the door that they left for a brief instant until she turned her gaze back towards her mother.
“We do still have some time until they go though, how’s father been doing?” Vela curiously asked, and as much as she didn’t want to continue to ask about him she found that she couldn’t resist either way.

Ember

“You little…”
Ember muttered in a spit of rage, as she gasped from the various kicks. She didn’t think anyone could be this fast, the only person who rivaled this kind of speed was that demi-god they met sometime back and that bastard teleported.

No one else was acting; they all stared like they couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Or at least that’s what it looked like when Ember’s face was in the dirt….

Still, Ember was about to just let this man kick her repeatedly, as she reached into her pocket to grab her uzi and quickly aim it at the man that was kicking her, firing the gun the moment she got the chance to make him back off for some breathing room.

Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Jasmine

The vampire girl didn't react to anything else that Jack said. By the time he finished, she was already getting bored of the whole situation. She sighed impatiently and summed up all that was told to the man by Zhi and herself: "There is no 'we'. You and us is not a group, there is just you and your actions. While I don't care what you do at all, I am not stopping those that do care either. As Zhi said, if you want to talk to Dionysus, it's at your own risk." After that, she considered the topic closed and would not interfere with further remarks unless directly asked. If Jack decided to leave right away, she would tag along to do the escorting; if he wanted to talk to the Greek god despite everything, she'd only follow up to the door of the central room, not wanting to be exposed to his influence directly again. And waiting at the door also meant she had the escape route under control, should it become important.
Back to top Go down
Silver90
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Silver90

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Katarina

The mission Coyote wanted to send them on picked her curiosity mostly because it was the covens old territory and upon studying the file it only got even stranger. Collapsed tunnels, memory alteration, possible misticism amd whatever the hell now lives down there, yup it all sounded like your run of the mill suicide mission.

"So... another borderline suicide mission against hell knows what... did you ask the coven survivors for information or you guys on non-speaking terms? Well anyway the reason we came here was to stick around for a while and actually manage to sleep without having to wake up mid dream and kill whatever monstrosity was trying to eat you. Taking a short pause to let everything sink in, she then added, asking casually. "Why are the tunnels of such interest to you anyway, you don't seem like the type to care about some moldy caverns?"

Since Sain had been quiet all the time, well exept the sounds from him being a runnin gag,Kat decided to disturb his "fun" time. "So you going to actually say anything useful or you going to keep up the comedy stunt?"
Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Jack chuckles, Forgive me Jasmine, I was not referring to you or Zhi when I said 'we', I was referring to my group... I would call it an 'organization', he chuckles further, but if I'm honest with myself, that might be pushing it a bit. Jack only waited for the monks response to decide his next course of action. He was conscious that he was beginning to wear the vampires patients thin, and hoped that the situation would be resolved soon.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Prayer

Using his enhanced senses of smell and hearing, Prayer could tell Ember was being attacked. Getting on his feet around when the wind user appeared and started clearing the dust, Prayer picked up a chunk of building near him, and flung it at the rogue exorcist, just as he was dodging Ember's retaliation. He then zipped through the still-lingering parts of the dust cloud, picking up and flinging more building remnants, and moving each throw, so as to not be detected, keeping as silent as possible.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Sain

"Sorry, kind of hard to talk when I get hit by something everything I move." Sain replied, as he looked over his shoulder to make sure a rock wasn't about to smash him back into the ground or something. Sain then took a quiet deep breath to calm his nerves, as he looked a coyote curious about a few questions as well.

"That and the situation with the other barons is starting to get out of hand, it seems like one after another likes to cause wars on our doorsteps." Sain replied with an annoyed response, as it wasn't just monsters that bothered them. Being lone travelers tended to get you picked on during these times and in all honesty he was quite fed up about it.

"This was a good place to start since we know you, but I want to do something about some of those others barons eventually." Sain continued to say his eyes focused on coyote for how he would answer Katrina's question as well as his one.
Back to top Go down
Leiv
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Leiv

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Chryse, Ray, Rover, Carlos, Selena
“Will I” The large spider said absently while flipping a page in one of the books “The word you are looking for is will, child, can would imply that I had the capacity to help you, whereas will is an inquiry into if I will participate in the assistance.” One of Anansi’s crossed legs gave a little tug on a gossamer string of webbing as he stepped up right out of the sofa, his body morphing into that of a tall black man with a weather beaten face and 6 markings around his eyes which still gave his hint the aura of a spider. “So then child would you perhaps care to rephrase your request, as the answer to your previous one is yes I do have said capacity.

Ember, Prayer, Faust, Zack
The uzi came out into Ember’s hand met with a directed blast of flame which burned her hand, the heat forcing her to drop the now glowing red metal. “Please little Crusic try to have a little more dignity than dear papa did at the end.” Winter’s hand cocked back a flaming whip shooting out as his arm dropped down the whip cracking forward. Suddenly a stone crunched into Winter’s shoulder, the force spinning him around and sending him down to the floor, however Winter’s managed to recover into a defensive crouch, his liquid blue flame eyes flaring. “Whoever did that is getting dressed up like a pig and released in Jamaica wearing a sign saying ‘Pot Piñata.’” Another rock hissed by his head, while the another would have taken out the arm he was using to support his weight if he hadn’t spun away. Winter’s inhaled deeply and shoved both his arms forward, a massive spout of flame pouring forth in a giant cone down towards the general area that the stone projectiles where coming from.
Whatever predatory sense Winter’s seemed to have sent alarm bells coursing through him as the hair on the back of his neck rose, the man spinning around with the grace of a cat to catch Faust gathering his power. “Still pretending to be an exorcist Faust?” Winters laughed maniacally towards the other man as he snapped his wrists, another two flame whips appearing as the cracked through the air towards where Faust was.
Mathew’s blade sheered clean through the shotgun ruining the weapon as he flipped into the air avoiding the grenade. Before Mathew could hit the ground he threw his legs back planting them into Ladd’s back and shooting himself forward into a summersault while also launching Ladd back towards the explosion. Mathew came up with his swords crossed before him “Dude… you suck at this.”

Revs came flying out of the dust cloud, before Vino blew it away, landing on the roof opposite Zack. Four guns (two eagles and to barrettes) floated around his head, while his hands held a pair of uzi’s, all aimed at Zack. “I don’t suppose you will just surrender and leave?” Revs asked.

Ghosty
“Oh not at all” Louis said with a polite smile. “The master, unlike most his contemporaries is rather amused by the antics of you mortals.” Right then the crystal mirror which reflected nothing shimmered briefly, and a golden mist poured forth from it. The gold mist was not warm nor was it inviting, rather it was the cold sense of greed, the gaseous version of treasure trove built on blood and backstabbing. “Presenting my Lord and Master, the great displaced god, a prince of hell, distinguished warrior of the falling, the fallen seraphim, lord of riches, Lord Mammon.” Louis finished with a sweeping bow as the mist began to materialize before the mirror. At first it was insubstantial, simply the outline of a large humanoid but slowly it took form. Mammon was massive, easily eight feet tall, his skin was the color of gold coins and his tailored red suit did nothing to hide his flabby body. A pair of wings far too small to support his immense weight protruded from his back and his bald head was adorned with a pair of small horns. “Welcomed honored guests. It is such a pleasure to have such rare creatures as yourselves present at my modest abode.” His voice gurgled ever so slightly, as if his throat was lined with honey.
Back to top Go down
Rin
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Rin

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Chrys

The young weretigress listened to the spider god with a slightly confused expression. She didn't really get what he was saying; she understood the words, but Anansi twisted them enough for her to require time to figure out the meaning. A few seconds, her expression cleared up. "You do know something! Will you help me, please? She still wasn't sure what exactly he said, but that last part was clear enough.

Ray, in the meantime, was stoically standing guard behind his friend. He was not impressed by the god's transformation; after all he was used to lycans. That was not to say he had no respect for Anansi, however. If the spider had information, as he claimed, he was already the best lead they had in the last 6 months. And it was never wise to belittle the gods, especially not in their face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland   Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Anarchy Rising Book 2: A Hunted Wasteland
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next