Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat

Go down 
+8
Shadow-Heart
NoIn-LoKi
TheDarkestAnimeFan
Nexius
Spiriter
BBomb
Zyketh
madarrao
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 pm

That’s cool. Of the three heroines, I ship Shirou with Sakura most.

I really want to see it. Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 4134108735 I started replaying the VN in anticipation of the movie.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 pm

i think it's release should be in april or sooner :0

ready to see Lancer die a horrible death?! 8D

btw, did you watch Fate/Apocrypha?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:06 pm

I hope sooner.

No. Poor Lancer. Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 4134108735

I did. :0 The first twelve episodes that had been dubbed anyway. Got me to the part where Shirou Kotomine exorcises Darnic-possessed vampire Lancer. I was really enjoying it. Bummer that they haven’t gotten farther than that.

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:08 pm

ah i see, you're watching through netflix. Poor Vlad, he got the short end of the stick, dieing while turned in to the thing he hates the most.

it get's worse from there btw, the story anyway. Shakespear and Semiramis are what kept me going to the end Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:09 pm

It’s on Netflix? Wish I’d known that. I was watching through a free site.

I love Shakespeare so much. Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 4134108735

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:13 pm

i think you'll love semiramis and shirou by the end. the two make a suprisingly good couple.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:41 pm

I do like the two of them. They have good chemistry. And the two of them with Shakespeare thrown in is just gold.

I think the only character I don’t like is Sieg. He’s so boring. Which is strange, cause his whole existential plot is great on paper. Maybe it’s that he feels so uninvested in it. Say what you like about my homunculus in Grail Games, but he was hellbent on living on his terms.

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 pm

nobody likes sieg. and that's normal. Seig doesn't get any better as the show goes forward. He's literally just a placeholder for the author to go on a power fantasy and date Jeanne. He's the sole reason Fate/Apocrypha is the worst fate.

Which is sad cause Fate/Apocrypha has some of the more interesting servants
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:00 pm

Grand Order is the worst...

I think Apocrypha has an interesting plot and good characters otherwise. I do think Apocrypha’s one weakness is that it’s the least focused. Even when F/Z has multiple viewpoint characters, you can tell who is the protagonist- Kiritsugu, with Waver as a secondary focus. In Apocrypha, everyone tries to hog the limelight- Sisigou and Mordred (who seem to start off as the protagonists but quickly lose focus), Jeanne, Sieg, Shirou, the two Yggdmillenia siblings, Chiron and Achilles rivalry, Astolfo being Astolfo, Jack..

FSN works best because it has a close, personal focus. Even Extra does that well enough.

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm

you still on the FGO hate? I don't see why? Join us! Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 4016036344

Join the salt! Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 4287004830
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:18 pm

It’s so awful...

Everytime I get curious to take a look, I just see a bunch of scantily-clad Servants with huge jugs. Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 4276320252

Here’s the thing. One of my favorite parts of Fate was being able to imagine and create different Servants. And FGO seems determined to make a Servant out of everyone that ever existed. There’s such a thing as oversaturation.

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:25 pm

Oh yeah, let's point at the scantily-clad female and ignore the outright bare chested males all over the place Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 4276320252

I don't really see the point. I mean all of them are pretty unique and differant and the story is pretty good. I guess it would be oversaturation if you just look at the new servants without knowing the context of their existance. :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 pm

Hehe. Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 521859387

Seriously, it’s definitely not proportional though. And anyway, I don’t mind scantily-clad if it fits. But oftentimes, there doesn’t seem to be much reason behind it.

Look at FSN. There were awesome Servants there, and no one had to dress up like a stripper. The designers cared about crafting the character’s looks to suit them. Now, it seems like they just do it to please themselves and/or the fans.

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:42 pm

well generally speaking the first ascention is considered their normal form and it's where you'll find most servants as in other forms of media. Their other ascentions are more like "if they were at the best of the best form" kind of deal or the "fanservice" kind of deal. I agree that some of the ascentions are stupid in both males and females. But other actually improve a lot of the character. Nero is a good example of a servant where the later ascentions look amazing.

Generally speaking, it's just a game mechanic to make the game more enjoyable. I mean, look at Semiramis in FGO, she got released yesterday and everybody is conplaining about her silly look :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:52 pm

I do like some designs. I’d even say some are an improvement. But there are a lot, particularly for new Servants that are just... eh.

Plus, Servants were considered so awesome and super rare that seven in one spot was a miracle. Now there’s like five thousand, and they’re as interchangeable as Yugioh cards.

Yeah, it looks bad. :X

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:05 pm

technacly speaking that's incorrect. Servants are rare in the sense that it's difficult to find one in nature. There needs to be a summoning for you to find one, thus it is rare. If I remember correctly, it was established early on that Holy Grail Wars happened all over the place quite frequently. FSN's holy grail war was unique because the it used the Third Magic and had the Servant system. But it was never said that servants couldn't be summoned outside the grail war, only that it didn't make sense to do it since servants without a goal or command seals would be too difficult to control.

Technacly speaking FGO doesn't go that out of the way to make it possible. They took fuyuki's system as the basis and built an even greater system. Makes sense since Chaeldia is a whole organization while fuyuki's was just three families.

Heck, Chaeldia was even working outside of the Magus Association's control for a long time, ence why the current storyline is the magus association taking control and screwing everything.

It's also important to note that the summoning thing is for the most part a mechanic. Storywise the MC only has Mashu and whatever servant is willing to lend a hand during the story.

Servants are still awesome and super rare in my opinion, yeah there's like 150 something. Consicering how many humans exist, that's not even a rain drop, that's smaler than a atom. I think if you were up to date to the story you would have a differant look at it. It's true that the first arcs are iffy at best, Rome being the worst of them. But it got a lot better over time. Camelot and Babylon were one of the best arcs out there for me and the more recent ones about Moriarty and Abigail were pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Eh... but you raise another point. With that many characters, every Servant is basically a glorified cameo. You can’t really develop that many characters in any satisfying way.

Just work on the Tsukihime remake already and stop milking Fate till its udders fall off. Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 2332200876

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:26 pm

that's also incorrect. Yes, it is true that they will never be as developed as those that have been in other stories. But even so, allot of sidestories are made for many of them. Yes, some suffer neglect, like Phatom of the Opera and Eric Bloodaxe which most people forget they even exist. But those two are the only servants that are even in that position. Even less popular servants like Penthesilea have grown in popularity due to several sidestories being made for them. You have to remember that a lot can be transmited with a few words.

Just today I was going through Brynhilde's lines in my game and even though I know nothing of her story in Fragments, I could tell a lot from her lines and short story to the point that I went from "I don't care about you" to "You need a hug!"

You also have to think about the possibility this brings. Altera or Attila was another character that nobody liked, nobody understood why the **** she even existed(me included) and they made a game where she is a main character and suddenly she's a fan favorite.

The originals will always have be better because they are more unique and the basis of all the rest. That's why they are always talked about and glorified regardless of their star level and weaknessess. But I don't think that makes the others any less enjoyable.

I'm not sure if that's going to happen any time soon. Nasu probably dropped that after the flop that was Aoko's VN. And it's very unlikely that fate is going to be dry out any time soon. Fate is considered a clasic in japan and is likely to stay for a very long time. The question I want to make is, can they please have more than just Fate in Type-Moon? >.>
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:21 pm

I can’t say you don’t have valid points. Just take it as an outsider’s perspective on why I’m not interested. Obviously, I don’t have the full story, so I could be off or biased on some points.

Yeah, Nasuverse is so expansive. I’d like to see some new things come out of it.

If they were going to stick with Fate though, I still can’t figure out why they haven’t done Prototype. The material is all there. But somehow, they instead made a prequel to something that technically doesn’t exist!

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Probably because Nasu is too lazy to make it and no one wants to write someone's else idea :0
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 2416964522

Oh yeah, I got a free Ambesia bundle. You played those games, right?

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:39 pm

amnesia? I watched them and I forgot to get the bundle so, I havent played them. You playing them now? :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:03 pm

Not right this second lol. But I’m a decent amount of the way through Dark Descent. It’s so tense. And there was this part in these flooded tunnels where an invisible things attacks you in the water that had me freaking out. DX

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:09 pm

the water monster is the most famous part of the game. Everybody freaks out with it. :0

so how are the rps going?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:27 pm

Oh, really? I’m glad I didn’t know so I could be surprised.

“Woah, where’d the water come from? Guess I should... Wait, was that a monster growl? Oh crap, the water’s splashing, something’s coming, I can’t see what’s happening holycraphelpaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!” *red screen of doom*

Good. :0 A little slow, but moving along. Getting toward the climax of the GC sequel. I’m kind of thinking about a Persona rp. No one’s tried that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat   Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat - Page 22 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 24: Two Girls, One Chat
Page 22 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next