Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat

Go down 
+3
madarrao
Shadow-Heart
Prisma*Illya
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:03 pm

When I have I trashed Fate/Extra? I think it's fine. Not up to my expectations, but nothing I'd really complain about. The plot wasn't anything special, but the characters were rather good, and I found all the deaths really quite sad. I think the only things I've ever said about it were Rider/Drake's design and CCC's gratuitous sexploitation that distracts from what would otherwise be an improved sequel, but there's nothing wrong with the plot, and the gameplay seemed functional. It had the decency to exist in an alternate universe so as not to poo all over the canon. So yeah, I don't ever recall ever trashing F/E. F/GO is an entirely different story...

See, I would never gave Fate/Extra a thumbs-down because at the time Type-Moon still realized that relatable characters are the key ingredient to an engaging story.

Okay, fine. Point is, as far as this game goes, I believe it's supposed to take place on earth. So how are Servants involved? In the world of Fate/Extra, mana is supposed to have dried up on earth. There's no way for a Grail War to exist there. Kind of the whole reason they bothered to have it on the moon in the first place.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:13 am

type moon characters are still as relatable as they have always been.

where are you getting this idea that it's happening on earth? it's stated nowhere and as the pics show, it's happening in a virtual reality like all the previous ones
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:21 am

Yeah, no. Let's be realistic. When you have a cast of five hundred people like FGO, it's impossible to have them be relatable. There's no way to devote time to fleshing them out. You just tack on some easy tropes and move on to the next one.

See, the fatal flaw in Type Moon now is this determination to make games. Type Moon's strength was always in story and character, which is why FSN worked the best. It used the optimal media (VN) and devoted time to really make the characters come to life. It was quality vs FGO's all-you-can-eat buffet quantity.

I was pretty sure madarra mentioned it. Maybe I'm wrong. Again, if it's not, that's sort of worse. Cause I can't think of any reason why there would need to be ANOTHER Moon Cell Grail War.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 am

Illya, maybe you dont know, but its not Humans making grail wars on the moon, its the Moon making grail wars for humans...thats the plot of Fate extra.
The plot of Fate Extra CCC is fighting your way out of the recycle bin

also, while im here,

Dantes in action

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 am

Exactly. CCC was breaking free. So, logically, another Fate Extra would be a regression of the progress they've made. Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 2332200876

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:22 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Exactly. CCC was breaking free. So, logically, another Fate Extra would be a regression of the progress they've made. Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 2332200876

no one said anything about breaking free... just escaping the recycle bin.

in the Normal route ending ,where BB is the last boss,you just pop back in at week 4 where Rin/Rani offer to help you fight your battles
in the Servant ending,(max out servant affection) your either:
Live out the rest of your digital life in the mooncell with your servant(in the case of Tamamo and Nero)
Trail through warzones (with Emiya)
or Explore the Galaxy (with Gil)
in the CCC route,where Kiara is the last boss you escape the mooncell and upload Sakura`s and your mind into real bodies

please pick your "Canon" ending
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:51 am

I thought that the last one was the canon ending.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Spam Email message Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 3680231627
Fabiola Macduff - Subject: From a neat lady wrote:

Good morning I made a promise you that I'll send to you my photo. <Deleted Weblink> Pardon me possibly i was correct. Yet I met you at the park. You not forget the woman in white trousers. Take Care

I haven't been to any parks in a long long time XD And the last time I was in, there weren't any people in the park, other than stray cats Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 1493148415
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:10 pm

You not forget the woman! Lol.

By the way, I warn anyone who gets the idea to look up Gollum fanfiction to see if he gets a happy ending. There's smut. A lot of it. Even with the Ring. Yeah... He makes use of it as a different kind of ring.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Lol yeah, I've yet to see one with proper English and not even a single mistake, anywhere in the message :-D
Then again, they're usually from China or Russia or some African Continent :\

Back in 2000 I once replied back to a sender, saying that I know what you are trying to do as I am fully aware of the Viruses that are present in the attachment. So please don't waste your time sending me emails.

A reply came back stating that "she" was sorry and she did not know the file had a virus. She just wanted to make friends and would love to keep chatting.

I don't think I replied back to "her" but I deleted the emails from the inbox (as Junk/spam filters weren't that efficient at catching these as they are now-a-days). Didn't get any more response from that sender again Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 2120966141

Aww poor ole Gollum, finding love in all the weird places that he can Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 442579085

Lol I thought him dying while holding his precious in his arms could be the happiest ending for him. He did die in a blazing well of fiery passion. in a way :0

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I thought that the last one was the canon ending.

the last one just requires you to complete any other ending first

its as canon as Heavens Feel, the stakes might be at their highest, and the MC may have sacrificed the most for it, but it doesnt make it the one true ending that the sequel will be made from

also known as "lol, Melty Blood follows Sacchin Normal End"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:31 pm

I don't know why you bothered replying in the first place lol.

Yes, I suppose in a way it was Gollum's happy ending. But I would have liked to have seen him go back to being Smeagol and hang out in the Shire with Frodo.

Well, usually true endings require special conditions over the normal endings. You can't compare that to HF because VNs don't work the same way as video games.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:04 pm

I was young and probably felt that I should show my Virus busting intellect to "bad" people XD
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 4276320252

Maybe she was actually just trying to find a guy as her ticket out of whatever hellhole she was living in, a la mail order bride.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Or maybe it wasn't even a female but some male pedophile who wanted to kidnap someone or some hacker, hoping to install a keylogger and steal all kinds of information :/

either ways, I don't help people, those I can't physically see ... usually XD
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Who knows? But yeah, I never respond to anything unsolicited.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:00 am

and lol also, if it was a plea of help, it should have clearly stated it. It was your normal "want to be friends with an unknown person" kind of message. :P

Yeah, like I said, it was a long time back and I only did it once. I just delete them now, or they automatically get deleted when left for some time in the Junk/Spam box.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:12 am

Well, I think the idea is that you're supposed to fall for them without knowing you're just a ticket out. But yeah, it probably was just virus bait.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:34 am

Ah, lol
I thought you were talking about a someone kidnapped and trying to escape the hellhole

What you may have meant was "hellhole" as in a bad relationship and so she wanted alternatives. Just to escape from the current one and be free and not looking for a real relationship with the new person.)
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:50 am

O.O
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:59 am

I meant hellhole as in some third-world country lacking human rights.

Well well, look what the cat dragged in. Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 1493148415 Hello, Spirit.

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:21 am

Wow I haven't been here in 2 years. I see you haven't changed a bit :P
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:41 am

why weren't you here Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 4178685722
you missed your Birthday Party Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 2120966141
there were lots of balloons and confetti and cake and other stuff like Illya throwing dynamites and destroying everything... in fun Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:08 pm

I don't think it's been quite that long. Has it?

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:53 pm

okay these definitely are contacts Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 4178685722
Spoiler:

It could be. I think he might have left when DRO Concept thread was opened :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 4 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat
Page 4 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next