Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats

Go down 
+2
Nexius
Spiriter
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:49 am

And why is Naraku not a known user? He's the freaking poster boy.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:54 am

madarrao wrote:
which season do you like more?

Well so far the first season since it was 24 episode fleshed out more with comedy, but 2nd season is split into 3 parts so I am gonna wait till all 3 finish before I can say first or 2nd season.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Out of curiosity, and as a conversation starter. But before committing to watching a series, I take weeks, sometimes months to decide to do it.

I think Orphan Black is the first show I dived into blind, but that was because the person who recommended it to me has like the same exact taste as I do.
Ah so that must be why you still haven't started on Lost Girl... even though its has focus on Girl Power Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 3680231627
You should be supporting your fellow Female Fairies Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 3694477269 Though it does have its share of male casting (Werewolves, Dwarfs, Siren, Vampires, Djinns, Naga, and many many more including humans Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 1781513469 )
There may be variety of creatures from the Fae Kingdom but it doesn't make you feel as it is over crowded.
Out of all the characters/creatures... my favorite is the.... wait for it... Kenzi, the Human Female XD
Spoiler:
She's not in the attached picture above but the third one is also a Human.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Well, I'm busy with Orphan Black at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Ah there's always time for another 45 minutes :/ lol take your time XD
Orphan Black: I really hate the cultists ... actually I hate all cultists in any franchise.. they're always go to extremes and well have the viewers hate them cause they're mostly forcing themselves/their ideologies onto an outsider that they kidnap. Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 2099932306 Still I do like the Russian... at times :/ mostly feel sorry for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
How many cartoons do you know that have a useless, chubby, fat retard as a protagonist? Lol.

family guy and simpsons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
So laziness, in other words.

Eff you, half-baked animators.

because cartoons are still viewed by most westerners as children programs. which means the the targeted audiance is limited and doesn't sell well.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Helena is an incredibly interesting character. You can't empathize with her, due to being totally off her nut, but she's highly sympathetic. She easily kills and maims others, and yet has a childlike sense of vulnerability.

Cartoons in my day were for kids, and yet they were more mature and better animated than now. I'm also confused as to why anime was pretty mainstream for a while, with quite a few in Toonami's regular block. Most people I know grew up fondly with them, and yet they simultaneously find anime for weirdos. Admittedly, a lot can be pretty odd, but still.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Cartoons in my day were for kids, and yet they were more mature and better animated than now.

it is because of this mindset that cartoons are still seen for kids. Even you view them for kids, when in reality they were never targeting kids. The fact that most old cartoons had sexual inuendos and a lot of cultural refences is proof that those cartoons were never for children.

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I'm also confused as to why anime was pretty mainstream for a while, with quite a few in Toonami's regular block. Most people I know grew up fondly with them, and yet they simultaneously find anime for weirdos. Admittedly, a lot can be pretty odd, but still.

because media controls the public opinions.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Well, I think there's a difference between something having kids as a target audience, a something being solely palatable to kids.

The things we used to watch when we were younger fell into the former category. Kids watched, but adults could enjoy too. Disney and older cartoons follow this, and thus have longevity.

Most of the cartoons nowadays fall into the later. You could argue nostalgia playing a part, but I disagree. It used to be about putting out a quality product. Now it's just about distracting dumb kids.

That's true, but mainstream media pretends anime doesn't exist.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:36 pm

I miss Billy and Mandy
Back to top Go down
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:38 pm

When a cartoon is actually made to be targeted for a slight older audience it doesn't do well for some reason.

Even thou the show is really good, I.e; teen titans, young justice and so forth.

Teen titans was replaced by a more kiddy teen titans go, which is not that funny :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Renshi52 wrote:
When a cartoon is actually made to be targeted for a slight older audience it doesn't do well for some reason.

Even thou the show is really good, I.e; teen titans, young justice and so forth.

Teen titans was replaced by a more kiddy teen titans go, which is not that funny :/

I find it decent, but the fact that its supposed to be Teen Titans just pisses me off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:49 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well, I think there's a difference between something having kids as a target audience, a something being solely palatable to kids.

The things we used to watch when we were younger fell into the former category. Kids watched, but adults could enjoy too. Disney and older cartoons follow this, and thus have longevity.

Most of the cartoons nowadays fall into the later. You could argue nostalgia playing a part, but I disagree. It used to be about putting out a quality product. Now it's just about distracting dumb kids.

i'm not going to act like I'm an expert because I don't know anything about that. But there are a couple recent cartoons that do that fall under that category and are quite popular. Like Adventure Time or Seventh Universe.

or you do have My Little Puny filling that weird gap of a cartoon for children that is mostly watched by young male adults

Prisma*Illya wrote:
That's true, but mainstream media pretends anime doesn't exist.

that's because for the majority of the mainstream media, it actualy doesn't exist. Think about it, majority of that media is rule over my old corpses that haven't realized that their dead. In their small little world, a subculture like anime doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:15 pm

It did do well... In our time. The next generation is a different breed though.

Lol. I love the way you talk about old people, Jorg.

I think the thing about anime and jrpgs and such is that they're always willing to explore interesting concepts that other media don't think to explore or are too afraid to. Just look at the SMT and Persona games.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Lol. I love the way you talk about old people, Jorg.

I live with a 100 old grandma who cries all day long because she wants to go home and everytime she sees me she thinks I'm a burglar. I have a big animosity torwards people who have long run out of their worth.

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I think the thing about anime and jrpgs and such is that they're always willing to explore interesting concepts that other media don't think to explore or are too afraid to. Just look at the SMT and Persona games.

it's mostly a cultural thing. The west is used to avoiding inovation, specially old generations. We like to stick to a formula and run with it so long as it works.

The east is the opposite. They love inovating, sometimes even ruinning good formulas just for the sake of changing.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Yeah, my grandmother no longer recognizes any of us or can speak properly. In some rare moments of lucidity, she's asked to die.

I think you'd like one of the main characters in my book. She finds that as a prime example of how unsightly humanity has become by either tenaciously clinging to life past your time, or refusing to allow others to pass on because you can't cope without them.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Argh restaurant people  Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 926905690  I may have repeated 10-15 times "No Pickles!!"
The manager also told the staff "No Pickles for the customer"
And then I get a phone call and with one hand I'm using the mobile, the other I'm taking out the Ketchup and said no pickles .. they say yes and start putting the 3 shopping bags in my free hand while I'm still talking to the employee on the phone.

The employee has to be told the same thing over and over again in different ways till he finally lets up. I reach home and start taking out the food... what do I find at the bottom of it all.. PICKLES!!! Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 4178685722

Either they do it out of spite or obligation or just force of habit... I don't care!! When I say No Pickles.. I don't want to see even a single one of those salted vegeteables.. give me raw salad if you want but the heck you put pickles in there.. extra 4 whole packs of pickles Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 87804517

If I didn't have to walk all the way to the shop .. I really would have gone and blown my fuse on them  Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 2079203061 than bug you innocent and sweet folk here Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 2416964522
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:03 pm

then remove the pickle and stop complaining about first world problems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Yeah, my grandmother no longer recognizes any of us or can speak properly. In some rare moments of lucidity, she's asked to die.

I think you'd like one  of the main characters in my book. She finds that as a prime example of how unsightly humanity has become by either tenaciously clinging to life past your time, or refusing to allow others to pass on because you can't cope without them.

how do you feel about those people that go like "Oh wow, it must be amazing having someone in your family live that long" to you whenever they find out?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:09 pm

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) the number of times I've asked for a plain hamburger and gotten... Not that.

I mean, how much simpler can it get than throwing a patty between two buns? And then they always look at me like a deep sea fish when I have to tell them it's wrong.

Doesn't really come up since I rarely mention her outside my family. Even then, I don't tend to bring it up. In my mind, she's already dead. The person she used to be isn't there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Omae wa mo shinderu
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:40 pm

yeah usually I do have to take out the packets and give them back then and there but sometimes they hide it underneath all the other items and when you're in a hurry or preoccupied, you choose to trust them to do their task correctly.

Now I'll have to make the effort and look for someone on the roadside who'll take the pack of pickles that no one in my family eats or is allowed to eat by the doctors (cause of the high salt).

So giving them to us is a total waste. We cant throw them as that's just plain immoral and wastage of food, which someone else could have enjoyed over forcing it down ones throat just so that it doesn't rot or go to waste now that it's in our possession.

If it wasn't given to us.. it would have been given to someone more deserving and appreciative.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Immoral? Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 2332200876 I get that it's a waste, but keep it in perspective. It's a pack of pickle slices, not the cure for AIDS.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

But what if pickles ARE the cure for AIDs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats   Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats - Page 36 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 17: Game of Chats
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next