Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games IC

Go down 
+3
RyubosJ
Spiriter
Dannytheman1
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Tue May 20, 2014 12:17 am

Gedo - Church

Raphael stared at the door, having closed over a minute ago. He was still unsure of what to think of the young woman with the fire of the sun in her hair. Calisa...

She was leading herself toward self-destruction. He knew it. He knew it only too well. He would have to pray fervently that his words had reached her... or else that the Lord would be more gentle with her than He had with him.

"......."

Exhaling softly, Raphael turned to leave the chapel when the sound of something falling caught his attention. Meng Yui, who had gone unnoticed in all this, had fallen to the ground. Blood poured from the wound she'd jarred open, staining the dark wooden floors.

"Tch..." he muttered, hurrying over to her and guiding her into a sitting position.

"I... think I have a fever..." she muttered, staring blankly at the stump for confirmation. Whether that was the case or not, her mind didn't seem stable at the moment. Wasting little time, Raphael scooped her into his arms with ease and carried her through the door in the back of the chapel, heading for her room. Once there, he set her on the bed and hurried to retrieve the first aid supplies.

"You need to be more careful. You're still weak," he chided her, though his gruff voice was gentle. His fingers moved deftly over the wound, unwinding the bandage and applying disinfectant before resealing it once more. The young woman was quiet throughout the procedure, watching with blank eyes. Perhaps she was running a fever. Raphael touched his hand lightly to her forehead, brows furrowed. She did seem a bit flushed.

"Rest," he ordered her, setting a cold cloth on her forehead and retrieving the supplies.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Tue May 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Ryu, Gedo - Warehouse

Ro stood in the warehouse as usual, completely undaunted by the state Meira was in. It would probably be quite easy to end her days right now.... but that wouldn't be a good course of action with Berserker here. So, instead, he just took his usual posture, not betraying a single of his emotions by expression or movement.

When the call for food came, lacking the usual courtesy, he simply disappeared from where he was to fetch the food. He quickly prepared it, almost autonomously. Once he was done, he returned to the place where the completely wasted master of the place was. "The food is ready" And that was all he said, after which he promptly returned to his position, giving a slight nod to Berserker, as if to acknowledge his presence.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Tue May 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Fooly, Illya, Noin - Streets

The look on Logan's face remained impassive through Jayce's greeting, as well as Lancer's comment about the other Servant not being Caster. By process of elimination, that left only Saber then. Now, it was even more important to see who the Master inside was, because it would go a long way in making the rest of the pieces come together.

In the back of his mind, Logan visualized the map hanging on the wall over the couch for a moment, but he let the image fade as Jayce continued talking.

"Must be a boring meeting..." Logan commented dryly. "Or is the collar a bit too tight?"

A slight smile curved his features at Jayce's question. "Curiosity is a funny thing. Too much of it can be dangerous, but without any, life can grow rather dull. Wouldn't you agree?" He leaned back a bit in his chair, his eyes traveling to the restaurant across the street again. "Tell you what, I'll answer your question if you answer mine. Who's Nold having lunch with?"
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Wed May 21, 2014 3:33 am

Payne, Illya, Fooly - Streets

"I think you're referring to the proverb 'Curiosity killed the cat'," Jayce suggested and sat up straight. "But some cats have nine lives," he added with a light shrug.

His eyes wandered over to Lancer again and came to rest at her face. There seemed to be some kind of fascination for him that he couldn't pull away from. Lancer stared back impatiently and looked more annoyed than flattered by his attention.

"Are you gonna answer his question or not?" she finally asked.

Jayce blinked and returned his focus back to Logan. "Sounds tempting, except I don't trust you and I know you want my information more than I want yours," he explained and pulled over a napkin. He wrote one word on it and turned it over. "Answer my question and tell me what you wanted with Calisa and you will get your answer," Jayce counter offered and kept two fingers on the napkin.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Wed May 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Logan actually smiled when Jayce flipped the napkin over. Unlike their conversation, if you could even call it that, the night before, this was tame, almost enjoyable even.

"You're right. I do want the information more than you do." He responded. "However, I think I already know the answer. So, you might simply be confirming what I already suspect." Logan reached across the table, taking the pen that Jayce had just used. He scribbled Dowth's name down on a napkin and turned it over, placing his hand on top of it. Given the high class environment, he was the most likely to call a meeting here after all...

"I propose we play a little game." Logan said, sliding the pen back to Jayce. "I'll answer your question, and then we'll both reveal what we've written. If they're the same name, I get an extra question. What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Wed May 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Jayce chuckled and even though his face looked friendly, his posture clearly expressed refusal. "I thought you were smarter than that, Logan," he said and shook his head lightly. "You ought to know when to stop pushing. I would've given you this information gladly, but now you're just becoming greedy."

His lips curved into a predatory smile, revealing a row of white teeth. "And thank you for confirming what I already knew. You rely on luck and guesswork. I suppose that means you already answered my question."

And with that, Jayce got up, folding the napkin and letting it disappear in his pocket. "I hope for the sake of your lovely Servant that you aren't the first ones to die." He tipped an imaginary hat to Lancer and without another goodbye he left the table, heading back t the cafe he previously sat in.

After he left, Lancer leaned forward. "Did that go as you planned?" she asked, still looking a little impatient.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Thu May 22, 2014 12:10 am

Payne, Noin - Restaurant

Saber raised his eyebrows slowly at Archer's hostility. Whether or not he too sensed the incompatibility in their natures was uncertain.

"Such hostility, Archer. I suggest you play nice if you don't want to ruin your Master's plans."

Archer smiled, though it was decidedly frigid. He wouldn't rise to any feeble baits by the other.

"How many men, Saber? How many placed their faith, their hopes, their very lives in your hands - only to be crushed like so many grains of dust beneath your relentless stride?" he asked, his voice low and dangerous. Saber seemed untouched by the accusation, as though the words had no meaning to him.

"Does it matter?" he replied flatly. There could have been no more hateful reply to Saber. His killing intent boiling up, sharp and white-hot, but as a testament to his self-control, he did not attack. After a moment, the hard mask of his features softened slightly, and the palpable loathing for Saber receded. Turning his back on Saber, Archer moved to the edge of the roof before speaking.

"One day, Saber," he said quietly. "You who have never known anything but conquest... I will make sure you know defeat. And when you lie with your face in the dust of all you have sacrificed heedlessly to your selfish desires, you won't escape the realization of the monster that you really are."

Archer's words hung in the air, even after his corporeal form had long vanished.

--------------------

"Well, if that's all we have to discuss, then I shall take my leave," Jacques said after several moments of silence, during which they had contemplated the information exchanged. Dowth made no move to indicate that he had heard, but Jacques wasn't expecting the same cordiality the other magus had offered upon his arrival. After all, he'd given Jacques some very useful information that had put him at an advantage over Dowth, even with divulging all that he had learned.

"Archer, I'm heading back now. Make sure I'm not followed," Jacques relayed to his Servant as he exited the restaurant with a crisp, efficient stride, heading toward the library.

--------------------

Dowth sat in silence at the empty table after Jacques departure, feeling rather annoyed. It had been a profitable venture, certainly, but one could not deny it had been costly. It was fortunate that none of Saber's Skills were overtly indicative of his true name, but one could never be sure what could be drawn from them. And if Nold were able to hold such a strong hand against him...

Casting the issue aside, he stood and headed out through the back entrance, hoping to evade any prying eyes. He should be able to get out through the series of alleyways and into the main streets close to city hall without being noticed.

"Saber, we're leaving," Dowth told him, eyes scanning the horizon. They still had some time until nightfall to decide what to do with their newfound information.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Thu May 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Logan raised an eyebrow at Jayce's refusal, and the words that followed, but he didn't vocalize whatever was on his mind. If the other man was unwilling to the play the game, there was nothing he could do about it. To be honest, it was probably better this way anyway. Maybe Jayce wouldn't bother to go after Calisa if he didn't know how involved she was with things, and having the other man under the belief that Logan had been figured out was good too.

He gave Lancer a half smile when she leaned across the table. "Did it go as I planned?" Logan mused back, as if thinking about it. "No, but it did go as I expected."

His eyes drifted to the restaurant again, and he saw Jacques exit onto the street. "More on that later though. Nold is on the move, which means our target will probably be leaving soon as well. Has the other Servant made a move yet?"
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Thu May 22, 2014 5:57 pm

She left Logan's musings without a comment. The conversation with Jayce had seemed rather pointless to her.

Lancer shook her head when he asked his question. "Not that I can tell," she said. "Archer vanished, probably leaving with his Master." She shrugged.

"You want me here when you follow?" she asked, implying that it was smarter if she took her spirit form to keep them from detecting their exact location.

-------------------------------------

Jayce had already moved to the back of the restaurant, waiting out of sight. He was torn between trying to find out more about Logan and following Dowth. His advantage was, that he had a pretty clear idea of either of their plans.

Finally following Dowth won out. Instead of following, however, he went out ahead. His gut told him that Dowth might return to his base and from his scouting during the previous days, he had a pretty good idea where it was.

Sometimes the best way to follow someone without being spotted is not to follow at all, he thought to himself, but remembered to check back periodically to make sure he was still on the right track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Meira (Warehouse)

Meira obtained FOODULAR ITEMS and began eating while working on her little card game. At first it seemed she was just messing around, but gradually she began mutter 'Minus one.' 'Zero.' 'Plus one.' If they had any knowledge of it, it would be obvious she was counting cards. A few minutes of that, and she stacked the deck up, piercing it in the upper left with one of her clawed fingers. She reached into the back and got another deck out, then shuffled it masterfully in with the marked ones. Despite the metal on her arm, her handling of the cards were masterful. It wouldn't be hard to deduce that she probably cheated smucks out of their money in her spare time. She dealt hands again, once more muttering. 'Minus one A.' 'Minus one B.' 'Zero A.'

Another few minutes passed and she seperated the unmarked deck with ease, piercing two holes into them before taking out a third deck. Once more she shuffled, once more she dealt, once more she counted. This time it took even longer before she was pleased with her progress.

Then it was four decks. Another thirty minutes spent. By now she was done with her food, kicking the remain over to Ro without a word. Normaly she would have made a comment about 'eat up', but her focus proved it was clearly she wanted it out of the way.

Five decks. Four marked. By now the 'deck' was getting rather unwieldy. Instead of dealing, she simply slapped the cards faced up and counted the different decks. Since the last batch, in all, it took an hour. After that, she opened up the other bag without hesitation, digging into and using up at least half of the powder. She went back to work. Six decks now, five marked. It took a painful two hours until she was going at full speed.

Next was seven decks. And it took thirty minutes. It wasn't that she was getting impatient and gave up. Meira had finally gotten the knack of it. Eight. Nine. Soon she was counting ten different decks at an incredible pace, hardly blinking. At this point she was more like a child rapidly drawing and slapping down a card just to see what the number was. But she absorbed it all.

And it was barely 1 PM when she checked the time. Definitely annoyed, she went back to her cards. As if she had nothing better to do, she started her routine once more. But she wasn't muttering additions. Instead she was muttering one card after the other, as if she planned to memorize the 10 sets of 52 cards.

And by the end of the day, she had.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Fri May 23, 2014 12:41 am

Transition - Night III

Schloss Eller

Calisa sighed from her place on the beautifully patterned sofa in the drawing room, her long hair spilling over the arm beside her. Her eyes stared blankly into the fire at the end of the room, watching the flames of the same color as her hair dance about in the dark recess of the fireplace.

It was painful to relinquish freedom after tasting it. But as she had told Rider, she could not expect freedom to be handed to her; she must be strong enough to grasp it for herself. She was loathed to admit it... but it seemed that she just didn't have that strength yet.

The sound of the front door's clamor made a shudder run through her at the thought of Jamie's return. Quickly, she stood and slipped from the room, hoping to escape unnoticed to her bed upstairs. But -

"Ah, sister!" came Jamie's voice loudly, as her wrist was seized. "I was just about to call for you."

"Jamie," she replied neutrally, trying not to wince at the bruising grip on her wrist.

"And what were you up to today?" he asked. His tone seemed casual, but there was something in his eyes that made her throat seize up in fear.

"I.. I only..." she tried to  say, but the words had difficulty coming up. Suddenly, Jamie twisted hard on her wrist, causing her to cry out.

"Let's try again. What were you up to today?" he asked, his tone manically pleasant in contrast to the cold glower of his eyes.

"Training," Calisa spluttered, legs buckling under the awkward angle at which he held her arm, "Training with my rapier to defend you."

Slap! The blow stunned her and made her stagger back against the wall, mouth opened wordlessly as she tried to process his actions.

"You lying bit of scum! Did you think I wouldn't have your activities monitored? You went out again, despite my orders! How dare you disobey me!"

Calisa tried to find words, formulate an apology, do something to hold back the explosive tide, but it was useless. Jamie seized her by her braid, wrenching her forward in an agonized gasp and throwing her to the ground.

"I guess I can't just ask nicely anymore," he hissed, baring his teeth in a half-smile, half-snarl. "I'll have to put you on a leash like the b*tch that you are."

Calisa stared at her reflection in the polished marble floor, the haunted gaze staring back at her like that of a hopeless animal. That's what her worth was to him - to all of them.

A stab of revulsion so potent it nearly made her sick tore through her - not for them, but for herself.

For allowing it.

Jamie seemed to be expecting some reaction from her, and when he did not received it, strode forward and reached to grab her. His hand, however, never reached her. Instead, he found his forearm seized in a powerful, vice-like grip as Calisa stood up, eyes fixed like cold steel on his eyes.

"If you ever lay a hand on me again, Jamie, it will be the last thing you do with it."

She shoved him back away from her, and he stumbled back, staring in wide-eyed disbelief at her.

"Y-You can't-" he bleated feebly, but his words were cut short as she pulled out her rapier, the point extended at his heart, and advanced on him.

"You're right about one thing, Jamie. I was worthless - because I gave you the right to define me as such. That ends now."

The tip of her rapier pricked at his chest, and he recoiled with a muted gasp.

"I'm leaving this house."

Poke.

"I'm leaving this family."

Prick.

"I'm leaving this life!"

Jab.

"And if you ever try to stop me, I swear I'll kill you, Jamie."

The look on Jamie's face might have been comical had she not been so incensed. He turned from his wild-eyes sister to his Servant, standing idly on the side-lines.

"Rider, do something!" he screamed, but his Servant only shrugged indifferently.

"Is that an order, Master?" he asked quietly, and Jamie understood only too well the implication as he grasped at his Command Spell automatically, weighing the cost. But Calisa had already brushed by him, storming down the main hallway as though unconcerned whether a Servant or an army of Enforcers tried to pursue her, her long and fiery hair swaying fiercely behind her. The front door slammed shut several seconds before Jamie could finally muster himself and give a snarled curse, gripping his hands tightly into fists.

"You were fortunate to come from an age where women knew their place," he muttered to his Servant, his fingers grasping at the small pin-hole in his jacket. But Rider only shrugged, looking impressed with the display.

"I like women with spirit," he replied, his eyes fixed on the same spot as his Master, replaying the same scene, but with a much different look to them. Jamie turned to glower ugly at Rider.

"Surprisingly, I don't care what your preference in women is. I just want my sister back."

Of course, Jamie didn't care about having Calisa there for her companionship, or even concern for lack of protection without her serving as his bodyguard. No, his only concern was about maintaining his order and control over her. The idea that she would leave of her own free will, disregard any orders to the contrary, was intolerable.

"Shall I fetch her?" Rider asked, though from his tone he certainly wasn't volunteering for the task. To his surprise, Jamie exhaled deeply and shook his head.

"No..." he replied softly, eyes narrowed. "She'll come crawling back on her own."

As Jamie strode away up to his room, Rider felt his Master was being rather naïve. No one who had seen the display could mistake the change in dynamic between the siblings. Calisa would never return, and things would never be the same.

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Fri May 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Following Dowth hadn't been much of a task. When Lancer had alerted Logan to Saber's fading presence, they'd quickly left the cafe and followed. At first, Logan had suspected that Dowth was leading them to a false location, but as the older man disappeared inside the manor, Logan had seen Jayce slip down the street on the opposite side of the gate. If he'd been led astray, so had the other man, and it seemed unlikely that Jayce would leave without being sure.

"I think we know enough to work on our battle plan now." Logan said as he turned back down the street towards the bakery.

There were several seconds of silence between them before he spoke again. "You seemed," Logan paused, looking for the right word. "disinterested with today's events. Is something bothering you?"
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Fri May 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Payne - Bakery

Lancer waiting until they were further away from Dowth's place before she suddenly appeared next to Logan. She took a look around to make sure no one was close enough to spy on them.

"Why does it matter to you what I feel?" she asked back and looked at him with her dark eyes, expressing real curiosity. Just then they arrived at the door that lead up to the apartment and Lancer turned to go ahead.

"Being a heroic spirit means, I don't have to care about every petty human interaction," she added when they entered the apartment. "Believe me, I've had by far enough of those in my lifetime."

-----------------------------------------------

Illya, Fooly, Payne - Streets/Bakery

Once Jayce arrived at the City Hall ahead of both, Dowth and Logan, he circled around the building and came back from the other side. If Logan was smart enough, he would've trailed Dowth. Waiting patiently in the shadows, his eyes scanned for movement and were finally rewarded when Logan turned around the corner.

Satisfied, he slipped away and waited a few seconds for him to leave. Then he followed him, giving him enough space to almost lose him and widening the gap after he saw Lancer appear next to him. Thankfully at this time of day, hardly any people were around and Jayce kept so close to the walls, he almost melted wit the shadows. From time to time, Lancer and her Master were so far away, it seemed they were only shadows themselves.

Finally they turned towards a door and Jayce stopped to watch them go inside. Well this evening had finally produced some results. Without another glance, he turned around to make his way back to the library through some detours to give Jacques his report.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Jorg - Park

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Calisa's feet ached from the long walk by the time she reached the park, but it was only a dull acknowledgement in the back of her subconscious as she sat down on an empty bench.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Calisa wiped angrily at her face, discarding the tears as though they were an insult. Jamie didn't deserve them. None of them did.

Her wrist still ached as she clutched at it, Jamie's words coming back to her.

All this time... all this time she'd meant nothing to him. She'd never been able to love Jamie, but she'd tried to hold to some standard that a sister should be.

Nothing but lies. Nothing but shackles.

But now I'm free.

She tightened her hands into fists, trying to hold onto that thought. It seemed difficult to believe. She was finally without restraint, without bounds, without rules. Her life was hers to do with as she pleased.

But somehow, the victory seemed tainted by the humiliation of what she'd endured. Had she really gained the strength to stand on her own, or had she simply been unable to stand the abuse?

Calisa pulled up the collar of her jacket against her throat as the wind picked up. Exhaustion, both physical and emotional, were beginning to assail her. Well... she could at least stay here for now and give herself time to rest and figure things out. As she laid back against the hard wood, staring up at the dark, cloudy sky above, kindling the flame of anger and resentment to keep her warm. She needed to be strong now. She'd broken free at last, but she needed to persevere and prove that she was strong enough to stand on her own.

She would show them.

She would show herself.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sat May 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Illya - Park

A silent wind blows as a body begin to form in front of Calisa, it was Caster. Caster's look was that of concern and hesitation, clearly a face one would not expect from a servant. However that only lasted an instance, and soon Caster's face was focused and determined.

"Cmon Calisa, you won't show your worth to that man by just sitting there."

Caster steps closer and gets on one knee while holding Calisa's hand, her eyes companioned and caring. Calisa was in a dangerous condition and Caster hoped to both take advantage of that and help her heal her emotional wound.

"You have so much potential, join me and I'll unlock it."

Caster hoped Calisa would simply accept things right off and ask question later as Caster preferred to answer only if she was certain that Calisa would not go back on her word.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sat May 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Noin - Bakery

Logan was somewhat taken aback at Lancer's response, and he found himself unable to answer before they'd already entered the flat. "It matters to me because for the remainder of this death game, you're my partner." He replied as he threw his coat onto the hook by the door. "And I don't like working with people I can't talk to. If the conversation bores you, I can understand that, considering the action that filled your past life, but I would at least like us to be personable while we go about our work."

"For me, it's just easier to get a job done when you can absorb yourself in it. You've seemed detached from it though, and I'm unsure if that's from lack of interest or simply because you find it easier to work from that angle." He paused for a moment, considering something.

"To be honest, part of me also wonders all of this because you're back here for only a short time, and I feel as if I would want to enjoy that time a little more if I had another chance to live, even if only briefly..."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 am

Illya - Library

Jayce knocked on the door to Jacques' study and entered, walking softly and quietly. He sat down across from the old man, waiting for him to look up, an indication that he was done with whatever he was reading.

"How did your meeting with Dowth go?" he asked. "Is he going to cooperate?"

-------------------------------------------

Payne - Bakery

As soon as they were inside, Lancer sat down on one of the kitchen chairs and crossed her legs, contemplating his words.

"You couldn't possibly understand," she said. "Yes, I agreed to help you because who you are and what you strive for seems honorable. We're partners, yes, but it doesn't change who I am or who you are. We each have our tasks and mine is to keep you alive and eliminate the competition."

She shrugged, her expression not make it clear if she was displeased or not. "So if somewhere in your rambling there's a question you want me to answer, you better spell it out."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sun May 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Noin - Bakery

Logan stared at Lancer for a few seconds, unable to formulate a response to her statement. Then, he took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before slowly letting it out.

"You're right. I don't understand, and I'm not going to try to, because as you stated, it's beyond me." He reached up and gripped the bridge of his nose between his fingers, massaging slowly. "What I do want to make sure of is that your focus isn't thrown off by the methods I'm using to gather information. For both of our survival, it's best that we both stay on top of our game. So, the question is, what can I do to make it easier for you to work with me?"
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Payne - Bakery

"I don't have a problem with your work methods," she replied. "…yet," she added quietly.

Lancer let a few seconds pass and then pulled a piece of paper closer. A few minutes went by while she was drawing and finally she slid the paper over to Logan. It contained a drawing of Jayce and had captured the hard look in his eyes when he refused Logan's offer.

"You don't have to worry about me. Just do what you need to do."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sun May 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Noin - Library

Jacques noted Jayce's arrival but did not look up from his book or acknowledge him as he continued to finish the page he had been perusing. Thankfully, Jayce knew him well enough to respect that and awaited until he had looked up - an unofficial permission to speak.

"Ah, things went as well as I could have expected," he told the young man. "I gave him the information you and Archer had obtained - at least, what I felt was relevant - in exchange for knowledge of Saber's Skills."

Rubbing his face wearily, he inspected the clock before pushing his books aside.

"The non-aggression pact should extend indefinitely, as should our information agreement," he told the Enforcer. "At the least, we shouldn't have to worry about Dowth and Saber for a while."

No... Jacques concerns were more on the Servants who had thus far moved undetected. Berserker was a surprisingly unseen presence, given his supposed predicament, and a silent Caster was a threat to all. For the moment, he was content not to overextend their reach. Let one of the other Masters make the first impetuous, irretractable move. They would be ready.

--------------------

Jorg - Park

Calisa bolted upright at the sight of Caster's appearance, but strangely enough, she didn't feel afraid. She watched, tense and silent, as the Servant approached her, the golden eyes she'd once thought terrifying now strangely alluring against the black of her form and the night sky. It was strange to see compassion and care in the gaze. It was strange to see such things directed at her.

Caster took her hand and spoke of showing Jamie her worth and unlocking her potential. Yes, Jamie had always resented her attempts to discover her own magecraft, to threaten his right as the sole heir of magic in the Lannister family. The best way to get back at him would be to strengthen her own power and become a more powerful magus in her own right. But... would that really get her what she wanted? Could she start a new life of freedom without severing all ties to her old one?

Calisa opened her mouth to respond, but it was hard to know what to say. There were so many questions she could ask - Who was she? Why was she so interested in her? What did she plan to do?

But in the end, as her eyes locked with the golden orbs, the words that seemed to spill naturally from her mouth did not form a question, but a statement. No... a resolution.

"Okay."

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sun May 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Calisa's Corner is a strange variety show filled with commentaries, interviews, and trivia.

If you wish to avoid being sidetracked,

or if you would like to keep the characters' images, please be warned.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sun May 25, 2014 7:55 pm

III
Eternal Bonds

Spoiler:

A grassy field beneath the stars, in the shade of apple trees. This is where their story ended. Or was it where it began?

It began together. It ended together. Not as two, but as one. Theirs was a love purer than any other. None could help but marvel at it.

But in the imperfection of this world, that perfection had to break. Cruelly, unjustly, the hands of death reached out to separate them, to shatter a bond never seen before nor would be seen again.

Blood ran down into the soil, into the earth, into the land of the dead, carrying the spirit of his most precious love. He held the cold body in his hands, a shudder of the greatest agony tearing at his own heart, as though the mortal blow were his own.

Perhaps it was. Life could not exist apart. Life only had meaning together. If that were the case...

His fingers tightened around cold, lifeless flesh, clutched to his bosom as though refusing to let the spirit within depart.

No. He would not live without, nor follow into death. If their love did not belong in this world, then they would not live by its rules.

What was death - a meaningless barrier. Nothing would hold him back from reclaiming what he lost.

"These stars are ours. We have a lifetime to live in their light. So come back to them. Come back to me. And this bond of ours shall never break."

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Sun May 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Noin - Bakery

Logan sat in silent contemplation long after Lancer had faded into spirit form for the night. Her words hadn't been harsh, but the intent behind them was clear. She was his ally only for as long as their goals lined up. He would need to remember that...

With a sigh, he pushed himself to his feet and moved to the window, looking out at the moon where it hung in the night sky. "Father keep me, for I know not what I'm walking into..." Logan muttered to the wind before turning to his bedroom and disappearing inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Mon May 26, 2014 7:24 am

Illya - Kaiserpfalz

Light passes through the windows and invades a room, decorated in beautiful furniture and cloth, it was a room of luxury, and in the middle of the room a bed resided with a bulge in it. The bulge moves discomfortingly as the light hits her face. Slowly opening her eyes, she wakes up, it was Calisa.

The room exactly like her previous, no doubt once her senses came to, she would be confused as to where she was, and while all that happen, hands extend from behind and grope Calisa's chest, giving a tight squeeze.

"Hmmm, modern women sure are gifted..."

An annoyed voice of a woman, it was Caster, who apparently had gained an interest in Calisa's chest, though not for good reasons it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11Mon May 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Noin - Bakery

As the sun peeked over the horizon, Logan once more found himself observing the map on his wall. A few new points had been added to it, and considering the events of yesterday, the drawing of the strange girl had been moved over next to Dowth's picture. Was she really involved in any of this? Lancer had seemed to think so, and for the moment, he couldn't write her off because of that.

The only two Servants without confirmed Masters were Assassin and Caster, but given what he knew of the other competitors, he could be almost positive which of the two remaining Masters went with each. Logan's hand moved down to the stitches that still tugged at his skin where Assassin had cut him. He couldn't afford a repeat of that... Assassin was the obvious first target, but the question was how to find him...

Maybe that was the wrong question to be asking though... "How do you hunt for something that's hunting you?" Logan asked aloud, knowing that Lancer was somewhere in the room, even if she hadn't materialized yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 11 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games IC
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next