Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

General Gaming Discussion!

Go down 
+5
RyubosJ
Leiv
Shadow-Heart
Prisma*Illya
Dannytheman1
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:46 am

I always tend to use the default no-cost attack in games unless it's a boss fight. I'm always stingy with mana/mp in games. And items. And money.

I tend to finish games with a full inventory and the max money. I'm always worried I won't have it when I need it, but then never use it when I could.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:23 pm

lol I'm the same with items and money. Though I would buy the highest damage and armor when they have either a good design or name or just give a high enough increase from the ones I would currently be using.

For Mp mostly the samne
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:28 pm

That's another thing. I'll stick to equipment I like the look of, even if it isn't the best.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

yeah, I may have x99 Health Potions but I won't use them till its really really unavoidable. The only potions I may use are the poison and other debuff antidotes... that is if I'm too far from the recovery spot (Free or Inn)
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Exactly lol.

I think one more reason Gladius is such a well-crafted game is that your mp is five skill points, and every turn you recover one. Each skill you have uses different amounts of skill points, so it's all about calculating cost vs recovery time for interesting strategy.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:52 pm

ah lol those types are even more annoying.
You can't just enter every match and do the most flashy or your favorite skill (over and over). Either its once or you wait for the build up.

Golden Sun series had something similar.

You equip Djinns. The more djinns you have set as active, you have varied spell set.
Every skill you use cancels out a djinn and sends it to suspend mode. The more djinns that get into suspend state, the fewer spells you are left with and the other buffs that you may have had while equipping those djinns (different combination of Elemental djinns would make you into a different job/class/character type).

Once you have 3 of the same Djinns in suspend, you can summon a Creature for high damage or other special statuses (healing your team or putting up a defense wall that lasts a few turns, etc.) At later levels when you have a mix of elemental djinns, you can summon a mixed elemental creature (say 3 water djinns and 2 Wind Djins may summon a Lightning creature)

The Djinns themselves have different versions. EG: 4 earth djinns, each has a different name and each may grant a different spell set or passive buff when soloed or matched with other earth or any other element djinns. (but 3 of any djinn in suspend would unlock the fixed elemental summon)

Each character story wise has an elemental affinity and thus will learn a unique spell set that may be used to solve puzzles outside of battle. In the battle (If I remember correctly) they can have spells of what djinns they are equipped with. But Story wise, I think you have to equip them with the proper element till they unlock the spell the character may need to progress in the map/puzzle. At a time, you can have max 3 characters and there are quite a few characters so at times you have to choose accordingly as to who to take with you in one team and who to set for the second team (if the party is splitting up in the story.)

I remember in the second game (there are 3) I had wind fire earth but got stuck when I reached one puzzle area where I needed water/ice so I had to go back and swap one with the Ice kid. To make it easy, this was the Ice kid's hometown or the place where we rescued him earlier from and now had to sneak back in, so if I was going with the story, it would have been understandable to use the ice kid as he would have been familiar with the place :P

It's really a diverse game and at the same time, once you get used to the mechanics, it doesn't seem daunting at all. It also has a nice story about Alchemy and djinns and friendship/teamwork with character development and some emotional parts.

Overall, a really enjoyable experience for me and thus a game in my top 3 or 5 General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 521859387
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:
ah lol those types are even more annoying.
You can't just enter every match and do the most flashy or your favorite skill (over and over). Either its once or you wait for the build up.

I like that though. With how powerful combo attacks in the game are, it would be far too easy if you could use them over and over. So you can either combo and use the affinity power (another gauge for magical attacks) that the combos build up while your skill points recharge, or you can use more specialized attacks for less cost. There's really lots of strategies based on your character's job class, the arena terrain, etc.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:44 pm

oh yeah, in that case it's fine because you do have access to other stuff like the low cost ones you mentioned.

So the combos would be the summons and the fire balls, wind slash, deluge, etc. would be the low cost ones :-D

lol now I feel like playing Golden Sun 3... I still haven't ended that one General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 1494320738
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Here's a bit of gameplay I found.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Here's a bit of gameplay I found.

that looks horrible, even for an old game

and not just the graphics. Like the gameplay looks horrible and the soundtrack does not help the monotiny of the gameplay
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Hmph. I think the graphics are fine.

It's fairly early in the game, so it's showing only a few basic classes and skills. It gets much more varied later on. I will admit that the music can get pretty monotonous though.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:57 am

aand 
News Article General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 3680231627 

http://wololo.net/2016/03/31/cemu-wii-u-emulator-for-windows-updated-to-1-4-0c-improves-speed-graphics/

Another Console gaming onto PC .. finally I can play the Bleach Jap games General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 2733086858 ,,, if I don't feel lazy and get them in the first place cause I'm pretty sure those were Wii games not Wii U XD
Still Super Smash Bros should be fun General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 4016036344
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 am

Bleach... General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 2332200876

Smash Brothers is kind of dumb fun. The sort of thing to play with friends when you're bored, not during serious play time.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:39 am

lol of course
some mindless fun from time to time is good for... health
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:01 am

True. I just find that those sorts of games don't hold my attention for long.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:41 pm

For SMT and Fire Emblem fans

Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE

Trailer

Gameplay
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 pm

Why is this for SMT fans?

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:52 pm

they said so in the second video... right near the beginning General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 1347326296

probably something to do with fusions or something (later on in the vid).

it shares some elements from both franchises. So they said.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:24 am

Definitely doesn't feel like any SMT game.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 pm

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Detroit-Become-Human

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 521859387 Once again an exclusive title that makes me want to get a PS4  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 470036726

Detroit: Become Human E3 2016 Trailer

http://games.boxofficebuz.com/video/detroit-become-human-e3-2016-trailer

Detroit: Become Human Announcement Trailer

http://games.boxofficebuz.com/video/detroit-become-human-announcement-trailer
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:48 pm

That looks pretty good. I like the idea of choice games.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:40 pm

So I Started this game. Is pretty Time Consuming as you can easily get lost. But is still a likeable game for me, even though it may seem repetitive.

Spoiler:

So this was the First Planet I landed on.
Quite the Hot and arid kind. I would have named it Faux-Marz..
If I didn't stray too far from my Spaceship, lost my way, couldn't get back to the safety of the ship in time before my Exo-Suit's Life support died out and I died of probably a Heat Stroke or just burned or suffocated General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 2733086858 ...

Still, as I definitely didn't like the Planet, I deleted my save file and restarted the game.

Spoiler:

With the New Game. I spawned on a different Solar System and a much nicer Planet.
Spent a good 15 Hours traversing this one. It's colder but not that cold. Seems to have a decent supply of needed Crystals and abundant in Carbon (which is one of your main source of powering your Exo-Suit's Life support and Mining Beam of your Multi-Tool)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:44 pm

What game is this?

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:49 pm

First Spoiler >> First Image  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 1493148415

About | No Man's Sky
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:54 pm

All I could see in the image was O Man's S

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 7 Clock11

Back to top Go down

General Gaming Discussion!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next