Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

General Gaming Discussion!

Go down 
+5
RyubosJ
Leiv
Shadow-Heart
Prisma*Illya
Dannytheman1
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BBomb
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
BBomb

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Oh ;.;
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I can't connect online with my 3ds Bbomb, so I can't get my friend code right now

lol, okay General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2120966141

How was I supposed to know you had no ways to make money? I was just joking either way....
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Dannytheman1 wrote:
I can't connect online with my 3ds Bbomb, so I can't get my friend code right now

lol, okay General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2120966141

How was I supposed to know you had no ways to make money?  I was just joking either way....

I know. General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 142249227 
Back to top Go down
BBomb
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
BBomb

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Oh, well Ill post mine when I get my game + new charger
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:12 pm

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 4287004830

When is the working age for you then?

Okay Bbomb :0
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Dannytheman1 wrote:
General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 4287004830

When is the working age for you then?

Okay Bbomb :0
when i finish A levels O: (17/18)
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Blazblue is coming out March 2014 for the US, they finally confirmed it :0

And Kokonoe was released in the Japan version almost a week ago, and she's really scary and powerful right now.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Kokonoe. General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 4134108735

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:36 am

New game on it's way: Nintendo 2/3DS and PSVita.
The catch line (from a review)
Spoiler:

Links:
Children of the Seven Stars

conception-ii

Collectors Edition

Buy Page: EU region holding 3DS people can not get the physical copy with the soundtrack CD. It's only Digital Game Download for them.
US release

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also came across an old game.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:07 am

So I tried the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Beta (At the office computer)
Lagged much, even at all low settings. Though I was running it at 1920x1080p resolution and had increased my Field of View by 10points from the default. :{

Anyhow, I saw my team firing grappling hooks and scaling the two or three story house. 

I said, Cool, I want to do that too.
ran towards the house, vaulted over the burning cop car, stood in front of the ground floor window, shot my grappling hook and pressed [Spacebar]. 

Marvelled at how I was being pulled up and getting closer to the window where I saw my teammates firing inside. Just like how it is in action movies.

Reached the broken window. So much smoke inside, so I used my rifles scope to zoom into the room. Saw an enemy from within the smoke, looking back at me.... I died.   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 1885608744

Death Cam: Enemy's perspective.
Throws smoke grenade. Bullets whizzing past him. Takes cover behind a wall and peers through the splintered door. Spots a cop dangling in front of the window, in plain view. Takes a shot and two. Gains XP.  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2079203061

Moral of the game-play. 
If you see something "cool". Don't go about trying it without thinking on how to properly do it XD

The teammates had scaled the building, avoiding the window but either peering in to shoot inside from the sides or completely turning upside down to only poke their head to see and gun to shoot.

Also I probably would still have died for the above reasons, even though if my game wasn't lagging. My reaction time wouldn't have been enough to avoid the shots from that free piniata state that I placed myself in  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2848778206

My team still lost the round so meh, it wasn't like if I survived longer, I would have been much help.

The beta servers went down as soon as the match ended. So I can't test if setting the res low and FOV to default would have made the movement any less laggy.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:27 pm

I didn't know you did beta-testing. :0

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:11 pm

only on rare occasions :P

The last game that I remember being part of a Beta was Guild Wars 1 When it first came to light (back in Dialup internet connection days). Even before it became Guild Wars Prophecies.

Lol I still miss my original Necromancer's default armor and avatar as a whole. When the game went through a lot of changes and still much later I went back to that game, I realised that the character creation had changed and so had the defaults. My character, from a pale necro with spiky hair, turned into a dark skin toned, average build (from the somewhat skeletal) and bald head to top it off General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2848778206

At least I had taken a few screenshots of my character before the turn so I can look back at his "good days" image XD

Tom Clancy seemed to me a really neat game with new innovations that I have not experienced in other First Person Shooters (FPS) so I took the trouble of downloading the 7-9GB of download/install. I got 2 days before the Beta ends. Not sure if I'll get the time again but heh, enjoyed what little I did get to play. The visuals were very attractive, when compared to other shooters.

The other anticipated game that I really want to play is Tom Clancy's - The Division. The visuals and gameplay is just what I would want a military/mercenary themed game to be like. 

It has got seasonal ingame weather changing, including rain, snow, windy, storms. And the gameplay also changes along with the dynamic weather. EG: in snow covered areas, you may be able spot shoe prints or tire tracks but in summer they won't be visible as the snow would have melted away. in a stormy weather the field of view would be battered whereas on a clear day, you'll be able to snipe much further.

There was Dynamic Weather in Metro - Last Night (Redux) (where you had to wipe the rain off your goggles from time to time) and I hear dynamic weather will be present in the latest installment of Metal Gear Solid, but they are completely different games.

Best of all, The Divison lets you use some really cool military grade gadgets so that's a plus for me.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 am

I sort of rage quit :?

I'm getting some good action, killing one or two enemy units and then this suicide bomber approaches me and kills us both General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2416964522 To make it more annoying, it has heavy armor and face/head protection General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2416964522 General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2294963316  
5 out of 8 matches, I died because of the suicide bomber.

1 match I died because my thrown grenade, bounced back next to me. General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2848778206

1 match I was spread out on the floor to decrease my hitbox but got trapped when the enemy threw a grenade and it rolled right next to my face General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2848778206 

Lastly, died in a blazing gun battle against 5 v 1. I 
I Threw a grenade next to the bomb that I was to diffuse but apparently it can only be defused by the item "bomb diffuser" (understandable, we are there to stop the bomb from exploding :/  Still It would have been fun to see everyone explode, even if the mission failed XD
So the grenade didn't to anything other than have all the enemies in the room start firing at me at the same time. I flew in the air from the impact General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2382268751 

The lag seemed to have somewhat decreased with the lower resolution (again at the office computer. My home one should be able to handle the game fine though I still didn't test it.)

Still I think it's a fun game, somewhat challenging but still fun, if you don't feel too bad with all the suicide bombers spoiling your kill streaks General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2416964522
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:42 am

I just saw previews on tv for that Rainbow Six Siege game, but it doesn't really tell you anything about it.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:41 pm

lol generally they don't. They want you to visit their websites for "further details" : D

The first time I saw it was during the E3 stream. They revealed an entire round, so a great deal of gameplay elements were shown to us.

Usually teasers and trailers aren't that helpful, unless they show some proper gameplay footage.

At the E3 gameplay, they showed a cop deploying a charge on a reinforced wall. I tried planting it on a simple barricaded wall (wooden planks) but the enemy heard me and they shot down the planks. I was left standing with a detonator in my hand and guns pointing at me in front.

"Umm... thanks I guess General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 1494320738 "   
BANG BANG BANG !!! I'm dead. General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Then again, seen one FPS, you've seen them all. General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2332200876

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:40 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500

http://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2444759183 aaargh!!
I wanted to be the first one to write up a review for Dragon Dogma - Dark Arisen (PC Release) which got its worldwide release only a few minutes ago. 

But apparently one has to play for a minimum of 5 mins to be eligible for making a review on Steam.

I pre-ordered it today (last day, had only 7Hrs left to purchase it) so I could download it before time.
But my net speed is acting sporadic, it goes up and down. Sometimes it shows 4 days then shits to 17 Hours, back to days and back again to hours. General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 4178685722 

This way I'm sure people who can already get into the game now (For most, its telling them that'll it'll take another 1 hour or less to unpack/unlock their pre-loaded game files); the early adopters will get a chance to review before me General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2416964522 

Oh well, my fault, I decided to purchase it on impulse. But darn net speed, so unreliable. If it went on its proper speed, I should have had it download maybe within 5 hours. Definitely before or close to official release. And so I could just start the game and let it run for 5 min and then quickly post the already typed review.

I've played the original PS3 version that came out years ago and my review is a general type about the Game / story and not on how the PC-Port plays so it wouldn't have mattered if I had low Playtime  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 3680231627 

Oh well I'll still post my very first review on Steam, ever. And hopefully it'll make people feel happy reading it and for those who've never played the game, it'll make them want to purchase or get into it, purely based on my story and gameplay experience  {"^__^}

~~~~
Oh bugger  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 87804517
There's already 7 reviews out  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Well yeah, how can you review it if you haven't played it?

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Technically I did play it but yeah not the PC version >__>

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 3769223626  In less than an Hour.. So many players already In-Game... and I'm not one of them  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 3344888384
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
And increasing by the minuite.  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 4134108735
For me.. 2 Days left. 2.9 GB Downloaded out off 13.9 GB  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 1885608744
Right now I'm in the mood to play it... Don't even know if I'll get the chance later. :\
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Top Ten Games I've Played

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Persona 3/4
Gladius
Dragon Quest VIII
God of War
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Kingdom Hearts
SMT: Digital Devil Saga
SMT: Devil Summoner
Eternal Poison

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Apart from Eternal Poison and probably Gladius (name sounds familiar) I've dabbled in all of the rest D:
All good games, though none that I've ended XD

I don't think I have a top ten list at my finger tips :/

I game on and off so randomly that I can't seem to keep any favorites.... except for Final Fantasy 6. that game will forever be immortalized in my memories. General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2888084956

Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen is also a great game to me, in which I spent quite some time on, along with Demon Souls, but none of them I fully completed thus I can't really feel too attached.

I fully completed FF6 and loved every bit of it. I may not recall it completely but I can feel it that I loved it. FF2 is also something I feel I liked, but for that game it was only two things that I really loved and those were only couple of the Soundtracks of the game. 

Final Fantasy I& II: Dawn of Souls (Origins)
 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZphL4gPXFCBULzc9z0ttWjTDPg5De6gb
1) Chaos Shrine

2) Underwater Temple

Spoiler:

3) Ruined Castle

4) Castle Cornelia

Spoiler:

Actually thinking back and re-listening to these soundtracks.. I think I really liked the game as well General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 3680231627

So make that 
1) FF6 (Originally in Japan, I believe it was FF3 but the English Version was named FF6)
2) Sword Of Mana ~ http://mana.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_Mana_(game)
3) FF-Origins (Game has both FF1 & FF2 compilation)
4) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (series)
5) Golden Sun (Series)

Geez. Now you made me reminiscent about the good old days lol General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:
Apart from Eternal Poison and probably Gladius (name sounds familiar) I've dabbled in all of the rest D:
All good games, though none that I've ended XD

Both criminally underrated games. Gladius was actually rated one of the Best Games You've Never Played.

General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 2294963316

Haven't played any of your list.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:51 pm

well, can't speak much for other Final Fantasy Games as I haven't fully invested in them.

FF4 I have ended it so I can say that its story was also good.

FF5 was played by my sis and she liked it. (She also stated that its story was quite long but still enjoyable for her)

FF6 like I said earlier, is my all time fav.

FF 1 & 2 also has a solid simple yet great story.

FF 7,8,9,12 I've barely touched them but people stated that they were quite good.

FF 10 I haven't played that at all but again people have praised it.

FF 13 I played the demo and it was fine.

FF Crisis Core (Prequel of FF 7) Now I didn't end it but did enjoy it for however far I reached.

FF Dirge of Cerebus (Spin-off Sequel to FF 7) Again I didn't get to play it but always wanted to and its story was also something I believe I would have enjoyed. (It also partially ties in or picks up from one of the story lines of Crisis Core. And as I liked that game, FF DoC's story was automatically a winner for me.)

FF 15 would be the Latest installment in the Final Fantasy Universe. From what's been revealed of it as of yet, it feels like another good story that I could enjoy.

Apart from the Final Fantasy Univers
There are the Tales Universe and Mana Universe
A classic from the Tales would be Tales of Phantasia NES ver. or (PSX or PSP ver. that people said has better translations.) 

Though Chrono Cross/Trigger would also be a game with an in-depth story that people have praised over the years.

Apart from Sword of Mana, I haven't completed the other two games I just mentioned but I did enjoy them for however little I played (kept going back and playing them from the start over the years :?

Sword of Mana had a touching story and in my opinion very well done.  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 3184048689
http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_ROMs/Sword_of_Mana_(U)(Mode7)/44505

http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/16/final-fantasy-adventure-sword-of-mana-remake-coming-to-mobile-this-year/

Sword of Mana is the kind of game that I could never get bored off replaying  General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 521859387
At the start, you have an option to chose the Male lead or Female Lead. Their Origin story is different but the overall plot would tie in as they later on, meet each other and continue on their journey for their personal reasons.

And If you like Magic, Alchemy, and Djins and of course, a good story, then Golden Sun is also a good contender to delve into.

Sword of Mana also had Djins but I think they were called Spirits in it. Works a little similar to Golden Sun Spirits/Djins. 

Golden Sun Djins though could unite together for better spells combos so that combat concept also becomes quite attractive. Along with clearing map obstacles / puzzles, depending on what djinns have been equipped.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:05 pm

The only one I ever played was FFXII. I quit partway through because, while the environments looked nice and I thought the characters were okay and the story was decent, the gameplay was AWFUL. And when I got to a part where I needed to grind to deal with the next section, I gave up. Just not worth it.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Yeah that's why I preferred the classics. Less grindy, pure fun and great stories
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming Discussion!   General Gaming Discussion! - Page 5 Clock11

Back to top Go down

General Gaming Discussion!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next