Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape

Go down 
+4
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
Renshi52
Payne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Morgan

"Sorry...." Morgan stated in a solemn tone in response to Pierce's outburst, as his eyes widened at Pierce's story. Quickly turning his gaze towards Kenny to gauge his reaction, as he returned back to Pierce with a more serious expression.

"Thanks for explaining, it's just the goatman seemed to have such a heavy grudge focused on you so I was hoping he'd slip up somehow in his rage. First the money outburst at the start and now... this." Morgan stated, as he placed his hand under his chin and began pondering for a few moments hiding his face inside his hood naturally.

Though, that does pose a problem of who's staying behind and Morgan certainly wasn't giving up after coming this far. Unlike the others he had his whole phony medium business, and there was no question if he stayed behind he'd get 'this' treatment until he admitted it.

"I'm guessing you didn't see Yu Zi or Jacke?" Morgan stated awkwardly, crossing his arms in front of his as he looked towards the corner of the room. But he had a little bit of hope in his voice, as he tried to dodge the uncomfortable vote out that was to come.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:36 pm

- Luna -

“Yeah, well, you can take your martyrdom and shove it.” Luna quipped. Her tone might still be biting, but there was an understanding in her eyes that hadn’t been there before. Now the reaction to the drowning room made so much more sense. Actually, his reactions to a lot of things made more sense.

“The way I see it, I should have been the one left behind last time, but you took that on yourself. So, if anyone here deserves a free pass this round, it’s you.” And by proxy, that meant she should be the one to stay behind. The rules had been clear though. Don’t volunteer.

Luna glanced around the room and sighed. They either needed to vote or find some way to make the decision random. “To be honest, if this really is the last room, I’m kind of surprised that goat man hasn’t smeared something about Kenny or I on the screens. It all seems too methodical for the two of us to be left out like that.”
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:13 pm

- Remy -

She sighed. Luna was right. She really didn't want to leave behind Pierce, especially after this. And to show the Goatman that he couldn't get his way all the time.

But that meant someone else would have to stay behind or be voted out.

Her eyes wandered to Luna. Somewhat she understood what the other woman was saying, that she felt she should be left behind.

"Who's trying to be a martyr now?" she murmured towards Luna.

How on earth were they going to solve this dilemma?

She looked at Cyrus, her hand clenching to a fist. He'd volunteered before? Would he be willing to stay behind again? Then there was Luna, also indirectly volunteering. And from the looks of it, it didn't appear the relationship between Morgan and Cyrus had drastically changed...did that mean Morgan would receive the most votes if nominated?

"I ... think we have to vote again?" she asked, keeping her voice careful. Her eyes drifted back to Cyrus then to Alecia.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Master Post

Foyer

Pierce shook his head at Morgan’s question. “I didn’t see anyone else. Not that that means much. The room was dark, and they could have been tied up and gagged like me. Or unconscious.”

Or dead. But no one wanted to say that.

Luna’s question brought up an interesting point though. Alecia pondered the monitors, which had gone back to red.

“Maybe he just doesn’t have anything,” Kenny suggested. “I mean, what could you have possibly done?”

Alecia shook her head. “I’m not sure it matters. I don’t think it was ever about airings our dirty laundry, or ‘sins’ rather,” she said. “They were just a means to get us to judge and turn on each other. Pierce’s... situation was put up because he’s clearly who the Goatman wanted us to judge.

As Remy proposed that they needed to vote again, an uncomfortable silence fell on the group. Luna seemed to be implying that it should be her, but no one seemed to take that well.

“Luna...” Kenny began awkwardly, but Pierce cut across him.

“Don’t be stupid,” he said, narrowing his eyes at her. “I didn’t get myself gassed and tortured for you, just so you could turn around and try it again.”

Kenny stared at him, then looked away uncomfortably. “So... voting?”

Pierce shot him a look. “Go ahead. I already know what your vote is.”

Kenny nodded. “I vote... myself.”

Everyone turned to look at him with a start.

“Kenny-“ Alecia began, shaking her head.

“I’m not going to change my vote,” he said, voice quivering slightly. He looked at Pierce and swallowed. “You’ll...?” He glanced meaningfully at Luna.

Pierce gazed back at him a moment, then nodded.

Kenny swallowed, then looked at the others. “Go on. We don’t know how much time is left.”

Alecia sighed heavily, covering her mouth with her hand. Finally, she looked up and nodded. “Kenny.”

“Kenny,” Pierce echoed, the hostility drained from his voice.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 pm

Morgan

"What? Kenny are you joking?!" Morgan stated in aggravation as he glanced aghast as Pierce and Alecia voted against him as well, as Morgan's face turned a frustrated red him walking over and gripping Kenny by the shoulders.

"Don't you care about your life?! Why would you sacrifice yourself, why do all you sacrifice yourselves?! I don't understand..." Morgan stated beginning to shake the boy slightly, as he suddenly stopped and walked in the other direction eyeing Luna, Cyrus, and Remy with a stern and concerned look.

He had spent all his time growing his connections with Yu Zi and now the only other one who he decently liked was throwing himself to the goat as well! This was completely unacceptable! He needed something out of this damned place.

"I vote Cyrus. Say whatever, I will not leave another person I give a damn about behind!" Morgan stated with a scowl, as he crossed him arms walking away before another bombardment of insults was hurled at him from Cyrus and Luna.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:48 am

- Remy -

Remy gasped. This couldn't be happening.

"Kenny you can't..." she started to say. But Pierce and Alecia also cast their votes.

She bit her lip. She didn't like any of those solutions.

Then Morgan voted for Cyrus.

Remy's eyes glanced between Kenny and Cyrus. Who would have the better odds?
She swallowed.

"I vote Cyrus," she said, giving him an apologetic look. If anyone could do it, it was him.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:20 pm

- Luna -

“Well, I didn’t ask you to get yourself gassed or tortured, cue ball. So, I don’t see how your opinion on the matter is that important right now.” Luna huffed, slouching back against the wall. To be honest, she didn’t have a good answer right now. Someone had to stay behind, and while she didn’t want it to be her, that also made the most sense.

Imagine her surprise when Kenny voted for himself. Her face must have blanched as she turned her eyes in his direction. Did this poor guy think she was a complete innocent or something? No. She caught the brief exchange between Kenny and Pierce. Now it all made sense, but that hardly mattered.

Three votes for Kenny. It happened in an instant. Remy and Morgan both voted for Cyrus, but there was no way the man would vote for himself. That meant the best case scenario was a tie, and that would get them nowhere.

Luna glanced at Kenny again, considering him in a new light. He might be lacking a lot of things, but at least the guy had determination. She chuckled, a dark, hollow sound. “Fine. You want to know what kind of person I really am?”

She reached behind her head, pulling the pins to let her hair down. As the waves of her hair fell over her shoulders, Luna pushed away from the wall and made her way over to Kenny. Reaching up, she tugged on his coat, pulling him towards her.

“You’ve got a spine after all. So, I’ll reward you.” She whispered in his ear, too low for the others to hear. Luna pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek before pulling away. From her sleeve, something fell into his coat pocket, her metal tipped drawing pen, which had been one of the pins holding up her hair.

“This is my gift to you.”

“I vote Kenny.”
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Cyrus Winter

If anyone else had started the vote against him, he wouldn't have hesitated. Instead, it was Morgan. Morgan never has good intentions. There was simply no way the man was voting anyone other than Kenny for altruistic reasons. There must've been some angle behind it...

Cyrus snapped out of his bubble to vote himself. "Cyru-" he was cut off by Luna declaring Kenny's name instead. Apparently he'd taken just a moment too long doubting Morgan. He facepalmed, then looked at Kenny apologetically.

He sighed. "I was going to vote myself, but that's a moot point now. Kenny."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Master Post

Foyer

Kenny stared into Luna's eyes as she approached. When she pressed a kiss to his cheek, he inhaled softly, eyes wide. He reached into his pocket, fingers clasping around the pen, then nodded.

"Take care. If you can... come back."

The others said their goodbyes, backing away to the doors. Pierce still remained beside Luna, so Alecia moved to stand by Cyrus, leaving Remy and Morgan together.

"Be strong, Kenny. We will come back," Alecia said as they all stepped through.

--------------------------------------------------

After winding down the long, dark tunnel, Alecia found the door in front of her. Cyrus pressed in behind her before she found the latch and turned it.

The lights were bright - no, they were normal. They'd just become so used to the dark lighting of the escape rooms that it came across as jarring. Alecia blinked, looking around.

And felt her stomach sink.

They stood inside a courtroom, having entered by the gallery. And they weren't the only ones. Pierce and Luna entered by the bench, and Remy and Morgan by the juror's box. How was this possible? The rules said-

She walked forward and stopped. A glass wall seemed to separate the courtroom into four segments. The door leading out was against the wall opposite the juror's box, out of reach for all them.

This couldn't be a coincidence. Not anymore. Alecia leaned against the plaintiff's table and ran a hand over her face. "Can you all hear me?"

"We hear you," Pierce replied. Evidently, there must be holes or something high above to allow air and noise to travel. "What's this all about?"

"Morgan, Remy, Luna," she asked. "Have the three of you ever been on a jury?"

[OOC: The answer to this is yes, btw.]

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:09 pm

- Remy -

Remy looked back at Kenny until the door closed behind her. She followed Morgan down the corridor.

When they entered a room, she was surprised to find it lit up and bright. It was a courtroom. Upon looking around, she could see the other two pairing, only glass panels separating them.

She walked up to the glass and touched it, her finger leaving a reverberating sound as she gave it a light tap.

"Yeah, I've had jury duty" Remy finally said.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Morgan

Morgan threw his hands up into a fit of rage, as he walked down towards the corridor to exit the room.  WELL!  There goes all his connections he worked so hard to build up in this death trap, everything looked so promising... the fame from a celebrity and the online scene would of allowed him to take it easy for a while... but now. UGH!

"A courtroom great!"  Morgan stated with exclamation, glancing around seeing the others in various parts of the room... this was different... though it was the last puzzle from what Pierce said so they just had to get through this.

"Unfortunately.... not sure how a spiritual medium as my occupation didn't get me sent off." Morgan stated shaking his head, as he waited to see what would be happening because at the moment there wasn't much he could do.

Though, at least he was paired up with Remy. She was probably the best candidate out of everyone else, though she seemed to be more fed up... probably better not to get on her bad side or propose anything for the time being.

"At least you had the sense to vote Cyrus, I didn't even see gas come in this time..." Morgan muttered to Remy, giving her a quick glance as he turned his attention back to Alecia who probably had the most experience here.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus walked into the strange separated court room looking a bit distant. This might not have been the first time he'd been forced to leave a man behind, but it never got easier, and this most certainly was the first time he'd been forced to leave an unprepared young civilian behind. He sighed and looked around. "A courtroom? how quaint. Our goat friend certainly likes to play judge, after all." He mused to himself as Alecia asked the others whether they'd done Jury duty before.

"Well, I guess this is your forte, Miss Daniels. Take the lead." He told her, leaning against the glass wall.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:54 pm

- Luna -

“Of course I’ve had jury duty.” Luna responded, rolling her eyes in the process. “Who hasn’t?” Her mouth hung open on the last word. With wide eyes, she turned to Pierce, then looked back at each of the others.

“That’s what this is about! I knew you all looked familiar, but I couldn’t tell you why until now.” Luna shuddered, suddenly getting a very uncomfortable feeling about where this was all leading.

“And that’s why he wants all of us to know we’re guilty. Because we all passed judgement on someone that day too, each of us in our own way.” Now it all made sense, and now she was also even more angry than before. This entire night was, no doubt, a direct result of someone from that case not getting their way. Flawed as the justice system might be, Luna liked to believe that it worked, but if whoever was behind that mask wasn’t behind prison bars, clearly there were some issues.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 pm

Master Post

The Courtroom

Pierce glanced around at Remy, Morgan, and Luna as they each confirmed that they'd served on a jury. Morgan seemed incredulous that his occupation hadn't disqualified him.

"Yes... I wonder why." Pierce rolled his eyes. What was the point of...

His eyes widened. They'd served jury duty. Alecia... she was a prosecutor. And he'd been involved in a case with...

No, it couldn't be.

He glanced at Cyrus, hating to admit it. Cyrus had been employed by him at that time, even served briefly as a witness. He'd thought it far too coincidental for the two of them to end up here, but now it seemed impossible to be anything but premeditated.

"It was that criminal case with my former employee," he said Alecia. "You were the prosecutor on that case, weren't you? When we first walked in here, you thought I should recognize you..."

Alecia nodded grimly, her eyes drifting over to the defense's table. It couldn't be a coincidence. Seated on a pedestal on the table were three white busts in the shape of goat heads. On the table in front of her was a human bust, its plain white face graffitied with red spray paint to say "DEAD MEAT."

That... must be her.

"I was the prosecuting attorney in a case several years ago against one of Pierce's former employees, a charge of cyber terrorism in retaliation after his termination. Pierce, of course, served as one of the witnesses and a key testimony in the case."

"So did Cyrus," Pierce added, nodding at the other man.

"And the rest of you... served as the jury. Each of us played a role in sentencing and condemning a man." Even as she said it, her skin crawled. She was sure of it now. "That case has to be the key to this puzzle."

"You think it could be him? But he's in prison," Pierce said, his jaw tightening. "And good riddance. Besides, he was guilty. How can he point fingers about that?"

Yes, he was. She was sure he was at the time. That's why... She shook her head. "We can't know for sure if it's him or someone else related to the case. What's on your end?"

Up in the judge's box, Pierce and Luna searched around. Pierce stepped down to the witness box and stopped short.

"Busts," he said. "Two on the witness stand." White, faceless, and graffitied with red pain. DEAD MEAT.

"Two witnesses," Alecia murmured. "You and Cyrus, I think. And the jury box?"

Morgan and Remy would find six busts total on a pedastal in the center of the jury box - one for Jacke, one for Join, one for Kenny, one for Luna, one for Remy, and one for Morgan. Four of the busts were defaced. Two were pristine.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:44 pm

- Remy -

Remy followed the conversation between Alecia and Pierce, trying to remember the case. It was difficult, apparently she hadn't paid particular attention while doing her civic duty being on the jury.

"I only voted Cyrus, because he volutneered before and because I think he's the only one who could actually take on the goatman," she replied to Morgan.

She looked around the jury box until she found the busts.

"We've got six busts over here," she called out. "Four of them are...defaced. Two are intact."

She swallowed, wondering what that meant. If Cyrus and Pierce were the witnesses and Alecia was the prosectuor that left the rest of them for jury. Including Luna, there were still 3 memebers of the jury here.

Remy sighed. Well who knows what two jury members these two intact busts were supposed to represent. Maybe they'd had already condemned them to death by voting them out.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Morgan

"My thoughts exactly."  Morgan responded to Remy nodding, as he listened to the conversation unfolding around him his face getting more annoyed by the second.

So he was here because he ruled guilty on someone?  That's ridiculous!  the evidence probably pointed to the man's guilt, how could he be faulted for that?!

"God dammit..."  Morgan muttered staring at each of buses, as he glanced at each of them examining them for any defining details that he might notice.  It might give them some kind of clue, but it was hard to tell with the marks.

"Aren't we missing one?  There's 6 jury, 2 witnesses, and the prosecutor..."  Morgan asked a little confused, as he turned his head towards Remy at the comment about what the pristine ones mean.  It couldn't be alive as there were still three of them left... could it mean killed?

"I think the pristine ones means that they've 'paid' the price so they're not 'guilty' anymore... after all Join is dead and Jacke has been gone for a long time... Kenny only recently got left behind so he's fine for now....  And I think I would remember someone like Yu Zi on the jury..."  Morgan said as he began pulling on the collar of his robe, feeling the heat of the situation starting to get to him.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm

- Luna -

“We are one short. Maybe Yu Zi was connected in some other way?” Luna commented as she sank into the judge’s chair, rubbing her temples.

“Pierce, do you remember why the employee was terminated? Anything that happened before the court case?”

There had to be a connection somewhere. The goat man had been too methodical to have miscounted them and added Yu Zi as an accident. If he was here, then there was a reason.

“Honestly, if this is all about a grudge, I’m not sure why the goat man has gone to all this trouble. He could have just killed us in the first room.”

Maybe that wasn’t entire true though. Clearly, the man wanted them to all suffer for their “crimes” before they died.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus folded his arms and turned his gaze to Luna. "From what we've seen, I'm sure he just wants to prove a point. Something along the lines of 'you're just a bunch of judgemental trash that'd throw each other to the dogs to survive, how dare you call me guilty!' Or some such."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Master Post

The Courtroom

Pierce leaned against the judge's box and folded his arms as he tried to recall the details. It had been a few years back.

"He'd been in accounting," he said. "Wasn't bad at his job, per se, but he seemed to get flustered and make mistakes, which already put him on thin ice. But I then discovered he'd been doctoring files and records to cover for his mistakes and smooth things over so they weren't noticed. He didn't give me enough credit, obviously. Tried to give me some spiel about really needing the job and thinking it was harmless. But I couldn't hand wave such a serious breach of protocol and ethics."

He shrugged and looked away. "Anyway, not long after he was fired, someone from the outside tried to hack into our server and delete our accounts. If we hadn't just recently backed up, we could have had serious loss and damages to the business. It was obvious it was him. You're right, though... if it were just a grudge, why this elaborate ruse?"

Cyrus explained his thoughts, and Alecia nodded.

"I've thought that as well. It only makes sense when you assume the Goatman's been trying to prove a point with all this."

She nodded thoughtfully as Remy described what they had over in their box. It was starting to make sense. Yu zi was missing, however. It was true, someone like him would have been hard to miss from the jury. But how else would he have been connected?

Alecia turned back toward the gallery, brow furrowed. Then, slowly, she walked between the rows of seats, searching. Ah, there! Toward the back, another bust with DEAD MEAT like the others. She picked it up to show the others when she heard the sound of a latch. The platform she'd retrieved the bust from had rise slightly now that the weight of the bust was missing.

"I think I understand," she announced. "Yu zi... when the case was going on, I remember a celebrity weighed in on social media declaring the plaintiff guilty and criticizing the case from dragging on so long. The defense actually tried to use the opportunity to prevent media reporting on the case to prevent external biases from leaking in, but I argued against it and won. I never knew who it was, but it must have been Yu zi."

She shook her head, turning the bust over in her hand. It had been a while since they had to leave him behind. Was he already...?

"As for the puzzle," she said, walking back toward the glass. "This court room is set up the way it was back then. But the busts can moved... which means, we're supposed to rearrange it."

"Rearrange it how?" Pierce asked, frowning.

Alecia glanced around the room. "We're on trial. Right now. That's what this is about. So... we need to make the roof reflect that."

Alecia picked up one of the Goat busts from the defendant's table and placed it on the pedestal in the center of the plaintiff's table, which sunk slightly with a click. Goatman definitely saw himself as the prosecutor here, leveling charges against each of them and seeking to smear them all with his so-called evidence.

"But how do we move them around?" Pierce asked, then rapped his knuckles on the glass. "In case you hadn't noticed, we're all blocked off from each other."

"There has to be some way to move them around. Look carefully," Alecia told him.

Pierce sighed and continued to search again, along with the others. After a little while, he straightened up and smirked. "Hah. Here we go."

Built into the glass nearest the juror's box was a transparent handle. When he pulled, a small portion of the glass swung open like a drawer. The compartment was just big enough to fit the busts through. When he pushed the handle back into place, he could see the compartment swing back into the jury's side.

"Check the walls adjacent to the juror's box. There's a handle that pulls open a compartment. We can pass the busts through... as long as we know where they're going."

============================================================

Puzzle V: The Court Room

Spoiler:

Rules:

1) You only have one chance to enter the 6-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in the room.
2) Answers and clues can only be communicated IC. Keep it realistic.

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
Clues
1) There are thirteen busts in total - three Goats, and ten people
2) The busts need to be arranged from the trial of the past to the trial in the present.
3) The busts can be passed through compartments to any of the three main areas - the judge's box, the juror's box, and the gallery.
4) Removing and placing busts on the pedestals in these areas will activate pressure-sensitive levers that will remove the glass barriers once all are in their correct places.

Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 am

- Remy -

Remy watched Alecia closely as she placed the goat head on the table of the prosecutor and Pierce discovered the hidden compartments in the glass walls.

She looked around, trying to grasp what was expected of them. They definitely had their work cut out and it seemed like they couldn't afford to be wrong.

"Would the Goatman also want to be judge?" she asked Alecia and gestured to the emtpy judge's seat. "Or I suppose the actual judging happens in the jury..." she added and looked slightly confused.

"...and executioner..." she murmured so they could hardly hear. Wasn't that the saying? To be judge, jury and exectioner?

Her eyes travelled from the jury's box back to the table of the defense that would be empty if they placed all three goatheads somewhere else. If the goatman wasn't the defendant anymore, then who was?

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:37 am

- Luna -

Luna weighed Remy's words in her mind as the others looked for a way to move the busts. In this situation, the goat could definitely be considered the judge. What did that make the rest of them though? The... She tried to recall the word. Defendant! That was it. Were they the defendant in this situation?

She mentally sketched the courtroom, placing the busts in their respective positions. The goat was both the prosecutor and the judge, but that left one more goat bust. Was he also the jury? And why were there two pristine busts? Did they need to be placed separately from the others?

Luna let her head fall to the desk with a groan. "There's nothing artistic about this." She grumbled to herself before sitting bolt upright. "Artistic license... He made us decide on who to leave behind." Looking over at Pierce with wide eyes, Luna gestured to him and then herself. "I think all of us are the jury."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:50 pm

Master Post

The Courtroom

"Would the Goatman also want to be judge?" Remy asked, gesturing to the empty judge's seat. "Or I suppose the actual judging happens in the jury..." she added and looked slightly confused. "...and executioner..."

Alecia nodded. "Judge, jury, and executioner. You're right, in theory, but we have to think specifically in legal context. He's the prosecutor, bringing charges against us." She gestured to the goat head bust on the prosecutor's table. "He's the jury weighing our guilt and innocence. And he's the judge... passing the final sentence."

She placed Yu zi's bust on the defendant's table. "That would make us the defendants." With the two remaining two goat head busts in hand, she walked up to the glass barrier and passed them through the box into the jury area.

Pierce nodded, feeling his mood darken. That goat bastard... putting them all through this.

"There's nothing artistic about this." Luna grumbled to herself before sitting bolt upright.

"Well, if it's who we think it is, he was a bloody accountant. I don't think art fit into his life at all," he said, folding his arms.

Luna barely seemed to hear him though. "Artistic license... He made us decide on who to leave behind." She looked over at him with wide eyes, gesturing to him and then herself. "I think all of us are the jury."

Pierce stroked his chin, pondering her words. That made sense, actually. But that couldn't be the full picture, because...

"Hey!" he called over to where Remy was taking the goat busts from Alecia. "Van Gogh here makes a good point. We would be the jury, since we were weighing on innocence and guilt by leaving someone behind, right?"

Alecia nodded. "Right..."

"But we were also putting one of our own on the defense, which would mean every time we voted, one bust should get moved."

"Okay, I follow you," Alecia said. "There's six of us now... so we should leave one goat and six human busts on the table."

Remy passed through the remaining busts to Alecia, who placed them on the defense table.

One goat on the prosecutor's table.

Four busts on the defense's table.

One goat and six busts in the jury.

And one goat on the judge's bench.

Everyone waited with held breath at the sound of moving gears from the pedestals, but... nothing happened.

"Damn it," Alecia muttered. "That should be how things are now. We're missing something."

Pierce stared through the glass at the jury box, studying the human busts. "Could it be... the paint? Four of them are marked. Two aren't."

Alecia glanced over at them, biting her lip. He might be right. But then, that wasn't telling them how things were now.

That was telling them how things would end.

Spoiler:

Rules:

1) You only have one chance to enter the 6-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in the room.

Discovered Information:

Room:
Clues
2) The busts need to be arranged from the trial of the past to the trial in the present.
3) The busts can be passed through compartments to any of the three main areas - the judge's box, the juror's box, and the gallery.
4) Removing and placing busts on the pedestals in these areas will activate pressure-sensitive levers that will remove the glass barriers once all are in their correct places.

Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Morgan

Morgan thought about Pierce's words for a few moments thinking about what he said as he forgot out the puzzle around him for a few moments, and started thinking back to some of his seances...

Interesting, apparently the convicted gotten fired and then they thought he hacked into the system afterwords?  But, if he was actually the guilty, then this whole scheme seems overly elaborate like they said...  Maybe the man was actually innocent, and that's why they are considered guilty?

"Are you sure he did it?  If he was wrongly convicted that would better explain his actions and his rage, trying to get us to also wrongly convict others just like how he framed Jacke killing Join.  His actions remind me of some of my clients I did seances for..... after... never-mind..."  Morgan proposed with a grim look on his face that switched to an expression of guilt and discomfort when he mentioned his clients, as he glanced between Alecia and Pierce to see their response.

"Regardless, As I recall, we're all considered 'guilty' by the goatman."  Morgan stated shaking his head, as he let out a deep sigh whenever the combination didn't work as he mind began to grow more and more panicked, as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead.

"So, wouldn't we be the defendants trying to absolve our guilt? while the pristine ones have already been 'cleansed' of their sins making them the jury with the goat who judge us after we left them behind?"  Morgan commented pointing to one of the pristine busts.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:15 pm

- Remy -

Remy looked around as Alecia and Pierce placed the busts in their new places. She held her breath for a few seconds, but nothing happened.

No. They had gotten it wrong?

At Pierce’s comment about the marked busts, her eyes wandered back to the jury box.

When Morgan spoke up, she nodded. It made sense that the ‘clean’ busts would stay with the goathead in the jury box. Slowly she began to pass the other four soiled busts through to Alecia.

“So…if this is supposed to reflect how things are now…” she began, her voice sounding somewhat scared, “and we’re changing things…does that mean, we have to keep voting people out?”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Master Post

The Courtroom

Remy's question brought a lump to Alecia's throat, and she shook her head.

"I wish I knew," she murmured, taking the four remaining defaced busts.

As she brought them over to the defendant's table, she heard Morgan talking with Pierce about the Goatman's innocence... if he was indeed the same defendant from that case.

"Of course, he was guilty," Pierce said, folding his arms. "The evidence was overwhelming."

He glanced over at Alecia, who hesitated as she set the busts on the table.

"The evidence was certainly... convincing," she murmured.

Pierce narrowed his eyes, mouth opening to question that, when she slid the busts into place. With a noise like the shifting of weights, the pedestal sank, and the glass barriers lifted to open up the area.

"Hah," Pierce said, smiling. "Not so clever after all. Now just this door, and we're out of here."

Would it be that simple? Alecia glanced back at the defendant's table and felt her stomach squirm. Not likely...

They approached the escape door and the keypad. Above it were etched the words: "What's the verdict?"

Spoiler:

Rules:

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
Clues

Answer
Spoiler:

Door Code
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 13 Clock11

Back to top Go down

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next