Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape

Go down 
+4
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
Renshi52
Payne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Cyrus Winter

Just as they'd reached the surface, the madman finally made himself known and tried to pull Pierce down again. He'd been expecting the guy the entire time, so he wasted no time pulling the splintered leg from his belt and plungingthe jagged, splintered end right into Gilles jugular from behind. Ripping it out, he then grabbed his head and violently twisted it much further than any human heads should go, illiciting a sickening snap. Next, he grabbed Pierce again and finally brought him ashore.

"Sorry if that was a bit violent for you. Figured that was the only way to deal with an axe-murderer." He commented to the exhausted tycoon before looking around and finding one body and another soon-to-be body. "And here I thought I was done with bodies when I quit the forces."
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am

Yù zǐ shuǐjīng - At the pool-room - - Dead-man sleep talking to fishes

The hard fall did quite a number on the pale man's body. Blood spluttered out, staining his pristine white teeth with crimson. Yù zǐ felt it. His time was over. He could hear the gates creaking open. The shuffling of feet and the scraping of wood and wheel of the chariots riding through. His vision was fuzzy, it was clouded and had a tint of dawn. He was finally free. The glorious sun shone brightly. Yet he couldn't see anything with clarity.

"Ah, so this is the after. I am sorry guys, but it seems like I'll be going out first." Yù zǐ spoke out into the air, not knowing if there still was any live audience around him.

Suddenly, his heart clenched and his body instantly felt freezing all over. The man clutched his chest while the rest of his body retracted into the fetal posture. Yù zǐ gasped for air, finding it difficult to breathe or speak. As he forced himself with the last of his energy, the man gave his last performance.

"Repetition is Insanity... I tried to break out... couldn't fake it enough... to......"

Yù zǐ's body jerked and spasmed twice, before it finally gave up and went stiff. A final short cold mist streamed out through his ghostly lips as his eyes clouded up with greyish swirls, taking the light and beauty away from the once bright Jade.

~Fin~
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:26 pm

"You've ruined everything!" Gilles howled, his voice cracking in hysteria. "The chimera is dead. I'll have to start again from the ashes. Yes.... yes! This time, I'll be a phoenix, rising from the ashes!"

"The only burning you're going to be doing is in hell," Pierce snarled, the muscles in his arms aching against Gilles' adrenaline-fueled bestial rage.

Cyrus dove at Gilles, plunging the splintered chair leg into Gilles' neck. Gilles' eyes went wide, the knife slipping from his hand beneath the bloody waves, as blood gushed from his neck and open mouth.

But the horror on Gilles' face slowly gave way to wicked pleasure, and his blood-stained lips twisted into a smile.

"If I die... you will too," he mouthed.

Pierce's eyes widened. Wait... "Cyrus!"

The name had barely escaped his mouth before the mercenary had grabbed Gilles' head and snapped his neck. The hideous smile lingered on Gilles' face as he sank beneath the bloody water, a mysterious beeping noise following him beneath the waves.

--------------------------------------------------

As Alecia frantically tried to make sense of the control panel, arranged in a way only Gilles' mind could decipher, a large indicator light at the top of the panel, which had previously been inactive, suddenly switched to red.

"What?" she murmured.

The ground shook with a distant explosion. Alecia whirled around as Pierce and Cyrus clambered out of the pool, soaked and winded.

"A dead man's trigger," Pierce said, his voice shaking. "Gilles' wired the place to blow if his heart stopped beating."

He ran up to the panel by Alecia, who was now sweeping over the controls with shaking fingers.

"Well?" he demanded as another explosion rocked the building.

Alecia closed her eyes, stilled her breathing, and thought. A puzzle... just like the rest.

She opened her eyes, studied the controls, then snatched a lever and pulled it. Instantly, the doors from the room rose up, freeing the way.

"Hurry!" Pierce yelled. "Everyone, out!"

Alecia rushed over to Remy, who was shaking so badly she was having trouble moving, and braced her. "Come on, you can do it. We're almost out."

She spared a glance at Kenny and Yu zi, her throat constricting, but she forced herself to remain in the moment. There would time for regret later.

Meanwhile, Pierce caught hold of Luna's arm after she'd finished freeing Jacke.

"Let's go, Picasso," he said. "We've made it this far. We're going to stick it that goat bastard one more time and make it out of here alive."

He rushed after the others, fleeing down the hallway into the study. The room was beginning to collapse as smoke billowed and flames licked up the walls. The way into the lobby loomed open and free before them.

Freedom... at last.

The wall collapsed around the fireplace, and the roof began to cave in behind them.

"Run!" Alecia screamed, leading the rest of the way to the exit.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm

- Remy -

Remy’s head shot up when Morgan first yelled at her and then slapped her. She stared at him, bewildered.

After he loosened her ropes, she couldn’t bring herself to stand up. She didn’t trust her legs.

However, it still wasn’t over. Pierce and Cyrus were fighting in the pool of blood against Gilles. It was like a horrible accident. She wanted to look away but couldn’t bring herself to avert her eyes.

And just when it seemed over and Gilles sank into the depth of the pool, a new danger loomed over them. Distant explosions sounded as the ground began to shake.

That seemed to pull Remy somewhat from her daze. She shot from her chair and supported by Alecia ran out, following the hallway and towards the exit.

“How did you open the door?” she gasped, looking at Alecia as they ran.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Cyrus Winter

As he made to twist Gilles head, Cyrus felt something was off, and Pierce's shout reinforces the idea... but it was already too late. "****." He breathed as he lugged Pierce out of the pool.

Alecia somehow managed to open the doors, however, so they began a mad-dash to get out of there in time. Realizing Jacke was probably in no shape to be running, he gave the other man and hand and ran along with the others, thankful seeing Remy running just ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:01 am

- Luna -

Luna let herself be pulled down the hallway and towards the exit. Her feet were moving, but it was all mechanical. Morgan's angry words played on repeat in the back of her mind, right alongside the last look on Kenny's face. The worst part was, the would-be medium could be right. Maybe more of them could have walked out of this hell at the end of the night. Now, they would never know.

She had the opportunity to escape now. Several of the others had lost that, and she had played no minor part in the events that had played out in that final room. One could argue that the blood of all the others could have been on her hands, and that didn't exclude Luna herself. Giles had been bigger than her, probably stronger too. The only reason she'd gotten in the blows she had was because he'd underestimated her.

Now, with the events weighing on her mind, Luna honestly wasn't sure how she would return to her daily life.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Jacke

Jacke unsteadily got to his feet, giving Luna a grateful glance. A rumble caused Jacke to wildly look around the room, attempting to find a source.

His eyes widened as Pierce declared the existence of a dead man's switch. No! He wasn't going to die here, not after witnessing the horrors of this "escape room". At Alecia's beckoning, Jacke began to follow her, but stumbled as the room began to collapse behind the group. On the brink of falling, he as saved by Cyrus helping him back to his feet and steadying him as they dashed towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:51 pm

Alecia shook her head at Remy. "The panel was oriented in a circle, just like this place. Once I could orient which controls went to which room, it became simple."

She cut herself off as an explosion came from nearby. She staggered, almost managing to lose her footing and drag herself and Remy to the ground, but caught herself at the last minute. They made it to the doors and fell against them, but the doors remained firmly shut.

"The hell are you waiting for?" Pierce bellowed, racing up with Luna a moment later.

"They're locked," Alecia gasped, her breathing shallow.

"No panel this time," Pierce said as Cyrus, Jacke, and Morgan joined them. "Let's break this bastard down."

The building shook, and more ceiling collapsed, burying the fireplace room from sight. Oh god. They probably had one shot at this before they were crushed as well.

"Come on!" Pierce rallied, pulling everyone into line. "One, two, go!"

They all surged forward and slammed against the doors. They gave - and the seven survivors fell to the ground outside. The roof began to crackle and buckle, and they all scrambled away just as the last supports of the building gave way, burying everything within.

For a long time, they could only sit on the ground, panting and catching their breath. Alecia pulled her hair back, tears streaming down her cheeks as she shut her eyes against the flames consuming the nightmare before them. Pierce could only cover his mouth with his hands, the glow of the fire dancing across his face.

After a moment, he finally cleared his throat.

"I know the last thing anyone wants to do is think right now," he said, his voice unusually mild. "But we need to make a decision. Removed as this building is, a fire of this kind isn't going to go unnoticed for long. So, what do we do?"

Alecia opened her eyes and tried to focus on him. "What do you mean?" she asked, her voice cracking.

"The police will arrive and start asking questions - a lot of questions. Do we want to answer them and continue to drag this nightmare out... or do we want to leave now while we can?"

Alecia looked away. It was hard to come to a rational decision right now, but she knew deep down he was right.

"Whatever we decide... we need to be in agreement and hold to it," Pierce said. "So, what will it be?"

[A: Wait for the police and explain everything.
B: Escape now and let the truth remain buried.]

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:59 am

- Remy -
[Choice: B - Escape now and let the truth remain buried.]

Remy sank to her knees after they'd broken down the door in a joint effort. Behind them the building collapsed in a heap of rubble and debris.

She was crying, not in desperate sobs, but quietly with tears streaming down her face. She was looking at the ground until Pierce and Alecia spoke up.

With shaking knees she got up. "He's dead, isn't he?" she asked. "There's no way he made it out, right?" she asked, more to reassure herself than to get an actual answer.

"Whatever you decide, leave me out of this," she said after a thoughtful moment. "I don't want to deal with any of this. I can't deal with any of this anymore. I'm done!"
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Morgan [Choice: B - Escape now and let the truth remain buried]

"He's dead because Luna decided to play a hero while tied up, instead of letting Kenny free me. "  Morgan spat in response to Remy's whining, as he gave a deathly glare to Luna before turning his head to the bawling Remy his face shifting to an even deeper scowl.

Pathetic girl, she can't even rationally think in this situation.  It's crazed emotions like this that caused the deaths of Yu Zi and Kenny....  It's stupid.  Completely.  IDIOTIC.

"I don't want to see the police, they're probably IN on this!  How else could a crazed madman get away with murdering all those people in such a popular attraction?!"  Morgan furiously called out as he started slamming his foot into the ground out of frustration, kicking some of the rubble away from the building.

He felt like a heat begin to rise up in his throat.  He hated everyone here, everyone!  Time and time again they did nothing but annoy him, and now the only two that he gave a **** about are lying dead under a bunch of RUBBLE!

"This was nothing but a nightmare, and I don't want to see ANY of your faces EVER again!"  Morgan yelled, as he began to stomp off in a direction away from the house.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Jacke

B: Escape now and let the truth remain buried.

Jacke stumbled to the ground after escaping the mansion, falling onto his back. He was content to just lay there while he recovered, but some of the other spoke up, prompted by Pierce's declaration.

He raised his head at Morgan's outburst.

"They're dead because-" he was interrupted by a coughing fit, taking a moment to compose himself before continuing. "They're dead because of some sicko's twisted idea of justice!" He pushed himself onto his feet, looking unsteady. He noticed blood marks on his jacket... which he promptly tore off and  threw to the ground.

"I thought this would be just something fun to do... I just want this nightmare to end."
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Cyrus Winter

The door finally gave way after giving it the 'ol iron knee, and the group rushed out right before the whole place collapsed.

Predictably, people starting losing their **** once they were safely outside. With Pierce calling a vote, the majority opted to leave quietly. He couldn't blame them after what they'd just been through. Cyrus gave a low sigh, then pulled a small plastic tab in a rubber casing from his pocket.

"Alright then. I'm guessing none of you have any transport or communications with the whole place going up in flames. I parked outside, we can take my car. I can contact my team there as well so if you want this buried, I'll have them pull every string too."

Then, realising he probably wasn't making the atmosphere any better, he put a hand to his face. "Anyone need help walking?" He offered a hand. He honestly hadn't seen something this bad off the battlefield himself, that was a real mess.

[Choice: default to B - Escape now and let the truth remain buried]
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:33 am

B) Escape now and let the truth remain buried.

- Luna -

It was finally over. At least, that's what Luna wanted to think. Funny how life didn't work that way though. While she could appreciate the need to just put this entire night behind her, Luna wasn't so certain that it would be so easy.

As Morgan stormed off, she sank to the ground. Whatever energy she'd possessed during the ordeal was gone, and to be honest, Luna would like nothing more than to sit here until the authorities arrived. Since none of the others seemed quite so keen on that idea, it seemed unlikely that she'd get to rest that long.

She tried to rise back to her feet and drew a sharp intake of breath, reaching to grip her shoulder. In the chaos, she'd forgotten about it, but now that the adrenaline was wearing off, it was pretty clear that she'd need medical attention. Which meant she'd need a cover story to use her insurance... Oh, and medical bills... Great. Something else to drain away her measly savings.

Tilting her head back, she groaned. "Screw you, life!"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:04 pm

The group seemed unanimously in agreement to keep the truth buried. Alecia felt conflicted on that, but she nodded in agreement when Pierce looked to her. That's all she could really manage at the moment.

"He's dead, isn't he?" Remy asked. "There's no way he made it out, right?"

"He's dead," Pierce said bluntly. "Cyrus filleted him like a fish and broke his damn neck. That was before being buried in burning rubble."

He was as dead as it was possible to get, and that was only just enough to reassure Pierce.

"He's dead because Luna decided to play a hero while tied up, instead of letting Kenny free me. "  Morgan spat, glaring around at everyone.

Pierce shot him an equally heated look, but Morgan didn't seem to notice.

"I don't want to see the police, they're probably IN on this!  How else could a crazed madman get away with murdering all those people in such a popular attraction?!"  Morgan furiously called out as he started slamming his foot into the ground out of frustration, kicking some of the rubble away from the building.

"Let's not get carried away with conspiracies and fantasies," Pierce muttered. "Even if that is your area of expertise..."

"This was nothing but a nightmare, and I don't want to see ANY of your faces EVER again!" he yelled before stomping away.

The feeling seemed to be mutual, as no one got up to convince him otherwise.

"Alright then," Cyrus said, back to business. "I'm guessing none of you have any transport or communications with the whole place going up in flames. I parked outside, we can take my car. I can contact my team there as well so if you want this buried, I'll have them pull every string too."

Pierce sighed and nodded. "That sounds good. If you need any financing to get it done, let me know."

Cyrus asked if anyone needed help and went over to Remy and Jacke. Pierce glanced over at Luna, who seemed to stop short in pain as she tried to get up.

Tilting her head back, she groaned. "Screw you, life!"

Maybe it was humorous, maybe it was just the relief of being alive right now. Either way, Pierce broke out in a chuckle.

"Come on, Van Gogh," he said, helping her up. "We'll get everyone looked at. I have a private physician on call I bring in. Unless Cyrus has connections for that too."

He glanced around at Alecia, who was the only one to remain still, staring into the flaming remains.

"Alecia," he called. "Come on. We need to get moving."

She looked up at him, studying his face. "You seem different."

He blinked. "Yeah... I guess I am." For the first time in a long time, his head felt clear, his spirit somehow lighter. He didn't feel good - no one could in that moment. But he felt like he'd come out of the furnace refined.

Alecia turned to stare back at the wreckage and bit her lip. "I want to believe something good can come out of all this. That all this suffering and death doesn't have to be meaningless. But..."

She buried her face in her hands, her body shaking.

"How can I go back to my old life? To my job! I can't stay a prosecutor after everything that happened. All of this is my-"

"If you're going to say this is all your fault, then save it," Pierce cut in.

Alecia looked up, surprised. "But..."

"Goatman... Gilles made his choices. I'm not going to justify your actions, but you're not responsible for what he decided to do. So don't start a guilt trip, cause it's not going to help anything."

He turned his back on her and started to help Luna to the car.

"Quit your job if you really can't deal with it," he said over his shoulder. "But if you want my advice, I don't think that'll solve anything. Make a change where you are now. That's where you can make the most difference."

He and Luna walked off, and Alecia stood up from the ground. Maybe he was right. Quitting her job might ease some guilt, but it wouldn't solve anything. If she wanted to make an impact, she could do it where she was now.

No more winning at any cost. No more trying to get ahead just to prove herself. She lost sight of her original goal somewhere along the way, but now maybe she would have a chance to reclaim it.

To find justice in this world...

They made it the Cyrus' vehicle and climbed inside. Alecia gave one last glimpse back at the ruins of Escape Mansion and clenched her hands.

"What do you all think?" she asked softly. "Do you think something good can come from all this? Even from..." She hesitated, then steeled herself to finish. "From what Goatman said? About judging others?"

Pierce set his jaw as he stared out the windshield into the night. "I plan to make some changes going forward. At my company... In my personal life. I won't let this break me."

[A: Some good can come from this.
B: Nothing good can come from this.]

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:02 am

- Remy -
[B: Nothing good can come from this.]

Remy wiped her eyes and looked at the others, relieved that the others also had no invested interest in waiting for the authorities.

She shrunk back when Morgan scowled at her as he vented his feelings. Remy watched him stomp off towards the street.

“I wouldn’t mind a ride,” she said to Cryus and then realized her own car keys, her phone and her ID were still in the collapsed and burning building. She gasped.

“What if they find our IDs and phones? Will they think we’re dead? What if they find us to ask questions?” she stopped, realizing she was on the verge of panicking again.

Quietly she followed the others to the car. Cyrus did say he would take care of everything, maybe she’d just have to trust him. Then she realized that it would be difficult after what happened with Kenny. That very trust foundation she had into humans had been shaken.

Remy was looking out the window into the dark night when Alecia prompted another question.

Remy scoffed. “What good can possibly come from ruining so many lifes?”
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Cyrus Winter - B: Some good came from this

"I do, actually." Cyrus chimed in on Pierce's comment on physicians while briefing his team on what transpired and what to get done. His car was on the higher end of the spectrum, and had a work line specifically built into it. He next called higher ups in the company and asked them to hush things up for him after giving them the short version of the incident.

He listened to the conversations in the car all the while, and when he was finally done making calls, he responded to Remy's pessimistic lament.

"Well, Ms. Remy, it's probably not so much about what good came out of the horrors that madman wrought on so many but what some of us may have learned about ourselves through the ordeal. It may not make the world a better place, and it certainly doesn't make what happened good it any way, but maybe those people themselves may have come out better as people from the whole fiasco."

He glanced at the back seat through the mirror, eyeing Alecia and Pierce for the briefest of moments before returning his eyes to the road. "We'll be running into my troop soon, I've instructed them to bring our medics so whoever's hurt, hold on for a little longer."
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Morgan

Morgan shifted down the street dragging his feet and pushing the various Autumn leaves that lie dead on the ground.  Now that he blew up, everything felt heavy and tiring, he just wanted to lie home in his bed and forget about today.  Though, he knew it wouldn't be that easy.

"Conspiracy theory?  Please.  all those people had families and people who cared about them, all of them went missing at the same place after telling their relatives about it... How would the police not of investigated by now?"  Morgan muttered in his breathe as he glanced up to see their car drive past him as Morgan watched it drive away with a scowl on his face.

He should of acted nice for a bit longer, got a ride, but whatever, he wouldn't want to be in a car with those stuck up pricks anyways.  They all act nice, but at the end of the day they're all just as rotten and black as he is.

Suddenly a sharp pain shot in Morgan's shoulder as he turned his gaze to see the upper right of his clothes to be damp with his blood... Right, the goatman had stabbed him there.....

Morgan quickly pulled off his cloak, and ripped off a bit of fabric and put pressure on the wound.  It wasn't great... but it should at least make it till he could go get proper treatment.... Though, he wasn't sure how long he'd be able to wait before the corrupt police came to tie up the loose ends.

"It's time for a change a scenery, maybe this wasn't so bad.... I can finally get out of this god awful town."  Morgan muttered, as he pushed his hands into his pockets to feel a piece of paper.  He pulled it out and saw the overly-gaudy business card that Yu Zi had handed him at the start of this nightmare....

"What an idiot, who's going to take your place now?"  Morgan muttered in frustration.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:58 am

A) Some good can come from this.

- Luna -

"It's not funny." Luna huffed as Pierce helped pull her to her feet. It didn't help that she only now remembered that one of her legs was bleeding, and of course, that hurt. Actually, now that she stopped to think about it for a minute, everything hurt, and not just physically. This entire mess wasn't the kind of thing you walked away from the same as you were before.

Both Pierce and Cyrus seemed more than willing to offer the assistance of private physicians, which would definitely save her on the medical bills, but it didn't feel right to take them up on it. After all, what had she done besides throw a tantrum and get several of the others killed?

Luna shook her head, trying to force that thought away. No. Her actions might have been rash, but the others had made their own choices. Especially Kenny. She refused to feel bad for the man that could have put a stop to their suffering at any point. In a way, he was actually worse than the Goatman. He had seemed trustworthy, even though he was clearly inept. The fact that their entire ordeal was a result of him cowering before some psycho dressed as a goat would have put the poor guy at the top of her shit list, if not for the fact that he'd given her the knife at the end.

She shivered as Pierce put an arm around her shoulders, and Luna realized that she was cold again. "I think I lost your super expensive coat... Sorry."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Alecia felt a small spark of hope well up in her at Cyrus’ words. Despite Remy’s pessimism, she wanted to believe he was right.

If this experience could change her for the better, even a little, then all that death didn’t have to be completely meaningless.

She glanced back at the wreckage as they pulled away.

Join, Yu zi, the judge and other jurors....

Kenny...

Hopefully, they were at peace somewhere. And until her time came, she was going to make the most of it.

—————————————————————————

His jacket...

Even with his arm around her, Pierce hadn’t noticed the missing jacket. In a way, that’s how this had all started. He hadn’t thought about it much when he’d given his jacket to her. It had been pure instinct at the time, but that simple action had started him on an entirely new trajectory.

It was a shame, though. It had been expensive as hell, and one of his favorites, too. As they climbed into the car and settled into silence, it didn’t seem to mater much at the moment, though.

“Don’t worry about it.” He tightened the arm still around her as she shivered. “I never liked that jacket anyway.”

It didn’t seem to matter at all.

FIN

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Several months later...

Humans were resilient beings. Even after something traumatic, there was a natural inclination to settle back into “normal,” even if was a new normal.

Pierce stood inside the art exhibition, watching people move to and fro among the paintings. He sipped on his champaign, letting his thoughts wander.

It was hard to believe, but Cyrus’ men had managed a thorough job at cleaning things up. The police had labeled the mysterious destruction of Escape Mansion an unintentional fire due to electrical wiring and left it at that. Once some finality seemed to come to the situation, everyone felt free enough to move on with their lives.

For his part, Pierce had started to make some changes in his life. And they’d been noticed. His company’s reputation climbed steadily with every month, with workers astounded at how much better the environment had become. Benefits had increased, pensions had been instituted, and the top man had become a far less intimidating figure.

Not entirely unintimidating. Pierce glared at a couple of rowdy teenagers, who immediately shied away into the crowd. He still had some reputation to maintain. But the edges had been softened, bit by bit.

Intimidating and stern, yes, but reasonable, patient, and even charitable in his way.

His largest project had been a huge success. Funding the center for trauma therapy and treatment had been a risky move with little financial security, but he didn’t regret it. People had speculated this and his recent changes at work were the starts of a planned political campaign or something, but as time passed and no declarations of political ambition were voiced, they began to believe he really was just trying to do some good.

Hopefully, he was.

Pierce blinked. Ah, there she was. Her back was to him, which made it easy to approach without being seen. Stopping just behind her, his eyes settled on her small, delicate shoulders, and he couldn’t help but think they’d look better with his jacket draped over them.

“They’re good,” he said to Luna. “You should be proud of yourself.”

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Several months later...

- Remy -

Remy stepped through the gate and exhaled in relief. She never expected this, but this place actually made her feel safe. Or maybe a good deal had to do with the furry companion by her side.

Almost leisurely, she wandered up the path towards the imposing building of the Trauma Therapy and Treatment Center. Unintentionally her thoughts moved back in time to the day she had showed up at the doors for the first time.

Oh what a mess she'd been. After the incident, she had just wanted to get away. Get away from everything and everyone that reminded her of that day.

Her first attempt to cope was to lock everything away. To just not deal with it. Of course, that hadn’t helped the nightmares. Or the anxiety.

So, Remy decided to leave. To start anew. She began travelling, trying to keep busy. And for a while it worked. Her mind was full with all the new things she was seeing and experiencing. In the end, she came to the realization that she was just masking the pain. She wasn't living, she was just functioning.

Eventually, she found her way back. And that just forced all the repressed emotions and memories to the surface. The nightmares came back. So did the anxiety and the fear.

Her breathing quickened and her heart was racing. Her walk had slowed until she stopped.

Then she almost jumped when something cold touched her hand. She looked down. The dog that had been accompanying her stood in front of her, wagging his tail like he didn't have a care in the world. He licked her hand again and looked at her expectantly, like he was wondering what the hold up was.

Seeing the dog almost instantly dispelled her dark thoughts and she kneeled down to pet him.

"Thank you," she murmured and got up.

At the entrance door, she was greeted by a middle-aged woman.

"How far did you go today?" she asked with a smile.

"Just until the edge of the forest," Remy said. "I couldn't go in."

The woman held the door open for Remy and the dog to enter. "Still," she replied. "That's farther than last time."

"We have some new arrivals," the woman continued. "Why don't you introduce yourself and Leo to them? Make them feel at ease and show them how working with the dogs works" she suggested.

After making some progess on her own journey, Remy had found that by using her experiences, she was able to connect with others and start helping them on their own road of recovery. It felt fulfilling to her to see the progess other people made after she was able to help them. And this Center that Pierce had built provided her with exactly that opportunity. Who knew that in the end something good could've come from this.

"And then there's your group therapy this afternoon, so don't forget," the woman added.

Remy nodded. She wouldn't forget. Not now that she had a real chance at healing. The right way.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 pm

Cyrus Winter

Unlike many of the others, Cyrus didn't develop any psychological trauma from the whole fiasco. Thanks to mobilising so much manpower and so many connections, however, he'd basically had to face hell at work for the last several months.

Under his instruction, the whoke thing was labeled a freak accident, and his own troupe secretly dug through the wreckage and retrieved the bodies buried beneath. A couple were grotesquely disfigured, but they managed to retrieve them all. After that, they returned the bodies to the next of kin with various different excuses as to how they ended up dead. At least they'd have proper burials.

On the company side, things became pretty hectic thanks to his request going through several high-ranking military and government personnel, enough that the CEO decided he wouldn't deal with it, forced his position on Cyrus and ran off on an early retirement. He'd been dealing with the aftermath since and things finally calmed down.

Finally having time to himself, he turned some of the company's funds towards Pierce's new Trauma Centre. Deciding to pay a visit, he took a long awaited day off and came down, finding Remy at the gates about to head in. "You seem to be doing well. Certainly much better than last time I saw you." He called out to her from behind as he approached.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:01 pm

- Luna -

It had been a long road back to herself, but standing in the center of the comically inclined paintings, Luna could finally say that she'd arrived. The first month or two had been particularly bad. All of the darkness from that night had filtered into her art. For someone working at a studio that produced animations for children, that had spelled disaster for her job.

After being let go from the position she'd worked so hard to earn, Luna had sought out some real therapy, courtesy of the center Pierce had opened up. After a few sessions, she'd been able to see fewer shadows in her art, and now, the only remaining darkness in her paintings was intentional.

Still, the last couple of months had been a roller coaster ride of emotions. From the valley of losing her job to the peak of tonight, an exhibition for local artists, where she was one of the top three contributors, Luna could only hope that what came next would be equally thrilling.

She jumped as a voice came from directly behind her, and her heart raced, even after the moment of panic slipped away. Hand over her heart, Luna took a deep breath to settle herself, then turned towards Pierce.

"I'm glad you approve." She responded with a smirk. "Hopefully, the buyers will too. Painting supplies aren't cheap, and neither is rent."

"I'd say that I'm in the starving artist stage, but this delivery guy keeps bringing me food that I didn't order three nights a week."
Luna raised an eyebrow at Pierce. "He tells me that it's already paid for, and he won't take it back or accept a tip. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" The meals had only started coming after she'd begun her therapy sessions. So, Luna could only conclude that Pierce had been made aware of her current employment status.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Trauma Therapy and Treatment Center

- Remy -

Remy spun around when she heard her name called. She instantly recognized the voice, even though it had been a while.

She smiled, sort of forced, but friendly nonetheless. Her fingers intertwined with the dog fur, feeling the warmth of the animal.

“Cyrus,” she greeted him. Take a deep breath. Focus on the present moment.

“Thanks. I’m doing better,” she replied. “I even started auditioning again.” Well, the key word was started. Nothing had come of it yet, but the entertainment industry was a hard judge.

“How about you?” she asked. “How is life treating you?”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Pierce shrugged noncommittally, avoiding her eyes and glancing around the gallery instead. Charity still made him feel vulnerable. “Sounds like you’re not the only one who can be stubborn.”

She’d never cashed that check, in the end, no matter how much she’d needed it. And he couldn’t do anything about it, once they’d gone separate ways. He’d never gotten her contact information - and he could never quite decide if that was his fault or not - so it wasn’t until she’d used his trauma resource center that she’d gotten back on his radar, so to speak.

“Speaking of buyers,” he said, pulling out a check book. “I’d be interested in taking home some of your works. How many are you willing to sell?”

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 15 Clock11

Back to top Go down

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next