Share | 

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37
AuthorMessage
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

"It's good to see that you're still alive and kicking." Lisa smirked as she gave Raidon a quick hug.

As she pulled away, she gave Alexei a wary glance. "It's probably best if both of you follow me. Alina wants to speak with you."

----------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

"It wasn't okay."
Alina responded in a soft tone. "We displaced hundreds of families and created a situation where government aid was practically unheard of for the duration of setting up the new administration. Nothing about that is okay."

"What you don't understand is that I spent my entire life trying to fix things from inside the system, through tact and diplomacy. While an uprising might have been the first thing the Old Guard was prepared to try, it wasn't even on my radar as an option until there were literally no others left."

She sighed, leaning forward in her chair. "I still regret that my actions lead our people to the situation that they had to endure, but I do not, for even one moment, regret removing Adalia from power. The man might have been a visionary, but he was also a tyrant."

"Now,"
she glanced at Raidon as he entered the room, giving him a smile, "how about we discuss ways to get the Capital back, and if you still feel like trying to take over the government after the fact, you can try doing it the right way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Nadenka

Nadenka tried her best to hold her tears of relief, but when Alexei's big hand gently reached out to her, she could not help it, but let it flow. She hold his hand with her own, but quickly she tackled the man in front of her. "You are okay, I was so.. so worried." her voice trembled, but with joy. It seems that she had forgotten that she was surrounded by heavy atmosphere, talking about future of Kaddath. In any case, she did her best to compose herself, and put a brave face once more.

"Well, what do you have in mind? I suggest that we try to disorganize their army. I still believe some old guards are willing to listen to Ariana. And I think this can only be done by Ariana alone."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Ergo Research Lab

Ariana

Ariana listened with rapt attention as Alina described the difficult decisions and consequences she'd dealt with leading up to and after the revolution she'd helped instigate. Ariana looked away, sensing Alina's passion and conviction in her words. It was a far different spirit behind her words, something genuine and pure. Ariana knew she'd never had that, knew her own motivations had never been anything other than purely self-serving.

"I don't want to take over," she murmured, bowing her head. "I just want to go-"

...home.

But no, she couldn't say that. She didn't have a home to go back to. Never much of one to begin with, and certainly not one now after what she'd done.

Alexei and Raidon entered, and Ariana watched as Alexei and Nadenka reunited. The woman seemed to radiate happiness, and Ariana felt another pang of guilt knowing they'd almost both been executed at the Old Guard's hands.

"I suggest that we try to disorganize their army. I still believe some old guards are willing to listen to Ariana. And I think this can only be done by Ariana alone," Nadenka suggested, finally turning her attention back to the others.

"Maybe," Ariana replied, a sinking feeling in her stomach. Who knew what they thought of her after her disappearance. "I'll try."

--------------------------------------------------

- Raidon -

Raidon was surprised by Lisa's quick hug, and he blinked a moment before returning the embrace. "I'm glad to hear that."

It seemed as though Alina had the situation pretty well in hand right now dealing with their captives. Recently, it had seemed like Alina was more willing to intimidate rather than cooperate, but she seemed to have warmed up on that approach now. The truth was, they needed allies more than they needed captives.

"Before we make any plans," Raidon interjected, motioning to Lambda, "you should probably hear this."

Lambda stepped forward, playing the recording she'd been sent.

Spoiler:

"So that's the story," Kokonoe murmured, shaking her head.'

"Kurik is an Arusian..." Raidon said, stroking his chin. "What do we know about him? Ariana might be able to convince the Old Guard to stand down, but if that doesn't work, we might be able to get through to this Kurik. If he's the linchpin in this whole plan, that could unravel everything."

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 am

Ergo Research - Containment Suite

- Lenka -

“Oh no,” Lenka’s face seemed to only consist of her blue eyes as they widenend in surprise and her hands covered her mouth.

“He’s got Alex and he turned him into a Redcape?”

Lenka suddenly jumped up.

“I have to go tell Rise and the others right away,” she said, “They are worried sick about him.”

And before anyone could stop her, she was out the door.

———————————————————

- Ehlana -

Ehlana looked up when Alexei and Raidon entered the room. Alexei immediately went over to Nadenka. Their reunion was emotional, much more than she’d ever seen from Alexei.

He didn’t even look at her however. Ehlana cast her eyes back down. And why should he? She was the one who rebuffed him when he had only come to save her. That probably left some anger.

To distract herself, she directed her attention to the situation at hand.

“He’s not,” she suddenly heard herself say loud and clearly.

There was a pause.

“Kurik I mean,” she added and stumbled through the words, “He’s not Arusian...he’s from your country... from Kaddath.”

She knew she’d have to go on and explain further. Ehlana’s eyes looked up. She avoided Alexei. She didn’t want to see the anger or betrayal in them. Her glance only lingered very shortly on Alina and Kokonoe, not in the mood to deal with their cold stares. In the end she settled on Raidon.

As calmly as she could, she continued.
“Kurik came to us about two years ago. Much of what we know about magic strains and the Kaddathian government comes from him,” she said. “He has two strains himself and as far as I understood, Kurik was part of your military. So hopefully that means you still have a record of him...?”

Ehlana cleared her throat.

“Anyway, his blood is the basis on which the mutation was developed that creates the Redcapes and his training is also the basis for everything we learned and developed before we were sent here.”

Suddenly she looked at Ariana as if something had occurred to her. “You know when we were in the tunnel, Maxim only sent Kurik after us. There is a chance most of the Old Guard doesn’t even know you’re gone. Maybe that can be used as an advantage.”

With that, she cast her eyes back down. This was probably the most words anyone in Kaddath had ever heard her speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Aegis

- Alina -

Alina reached across the table and put a hand on Ariana's shoulder as the girl seemed to collapse in on herself. "Breathe." After a brief squeeze, she pulled back, allowing her hand to rest on the table again.

She turned her attention to Alexei and Ehlana. "Can either of you patch one of our broadcast devices into the Arusian network? If we could broadcast to the devices in possession of the Old Guard within the castle as we make our entrance, it could create a more chaotic situation."

Frowning, she glanced at Ariana again. "I'm not sure how they'll take the news that you're not planning to actually overthrow the government though. I'd venture to guess that'll be a different tune from the last one they heard you singing."

----------------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

As Lenka dashed from the room, Lisa followed her, giving Raidon a nod as she left. Between the two of them, he and Alina could handle any sort of situation, even outnumbered. Besides, it looked like their 'captives' were more friendly than they'd originally expected.

Right now, she wanted to talk with the newest members of Aegis. Despite everything going on around them, she wasn't sure they were mentally prepared for what was about to happen, and after the last uprising... Well, she wasn't going to chance it. Before things got any more hectic, she needed to ensure they were ready for the reality ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Nadenka

"I am confident that you will be able to do it, Ariana." Said Nadenka, encouraging the young girl, "Even they do not listen to you, you are doing something to change, and following what you have decided for yourself." She smiled warmly at Ariana.

"That depends on which division he was in." Said Nadenka, as Ehlana mentioned about the records, "Some records were lost as the system went through the change of administration." Then she looked at Alina, "Were you able to create an antidote for redcapes?" She asked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Yesterday at 3:13 pm

- Raidon -

"Kurik..." Raidon murmured, stroking his chin. "If he were in the Army, then yes, there has to be a record of him somewhere."

"I'll do a search," Lambda replied.

Ariana, only partially listening, looked up when she felt a hand squeeze her shoulder. To her surprise, she saw it was Alina, who pulled back after a moment. Ariana blinked, then glanced over at Nadenka. She was right.

"No, the Old Guard won't know I'm missing," Ariana said, nodding in Ehlana's direction. "Especially the main force on its way to the capital. Maxim was planning to use me as a martyr in the chaos of the take-over, I'm sure of it. Without me there, I'm sure he's trying to decide how to change the narrative now. But..." She looked around at everyone. "If I contact the main force of the Old Guard before they reach the capital, they might stand down. At least for the moment. If he doesn't get reinforcements, Maxim can't hold the capital for long."

Raidon nodded. "Anything helps."

"We can get around the jammers," Alexei said, putting an arm around Ehlana's shoulder, the other around Nadenka's waist. "And you could probably use some Arusians to help negotiate with the rest of Arusia once the Old Guard is dealt with."

Raidon folded his arms and regarded Alexei. Already angling to help himself and his comrades avoid blowback. He was right though.

The topic turned to the Redcapes, which was something they would need to worry about if they were going in. Alex was already something worse than that, and Maxim could make more Redcapes on demand.

"I made an antidote," Kokonoe piped up, causing Alexei and Ehlana to look around in surprise. "Don't worry, I'll handle any Redcapes that come up."

"You're coming?" Raidon asked, turning to her in surprise.

Kokonoe raised an eyebrow. "They took Keynes hostage. Just try to stop me from coming."

Raidon couldn't help but smile. "Fair enough."

--------------------------------------------------

- Rise -

Rise rested her head on James' arm as he worked, waiting for the others to finish up with their interrogation.

"We need to go on vacation after this," she murmured, half to herself and half to him. "Somewhere quiet."

The quiet would have to wait, however. Lenka returned in a hurry, followed by Lisa.

"What's going on?" she asked, straightening up as that familiar tension began to grip her.

~Let's put on a show!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Today at 3:56 pm

- Ehlana -

Ehlana was listening to the conversation, keeping her eyes on the table.

Suddenly she felt Alexei's hand around her shoulders. For a moment she was startled, but then decided to look up.

At least they were on the same side now. Still, she owed him an apology. However now was not the right time for it.

"The jammers aren't a problem," Ehlana agreed. "I wonder more about how you're planning on getting in without detection."

-----------------------------------

Ergo Research - Cafeteria

- James -

"We will," James replied. He tried not to think about what this adventure had done to his work or school career. Friends and family always came first.

"We'll go somewhere quiet and warm and with no cellphone reception…"

Suddenly Lenka appeared, followed by Lisa. Lenka looked quite distressed.

- Lenka -

Lenka skidded to a stop at the table where her brother, Rise and the others were sitting. She gave a quick smile towards Marcus before focusing on the question on hand.

"Lambda played a message from Keynes. He seems to be okay, but..." Lenka hesitated, looking somewhat sad, "but... Alex... he must've gone there because..."

Lenka closed her eyes, mustering up the strength to say the words she knew would hurt James and Rise.

"...because this Maxim guy from Arusia turned him into a Redcape. Only he didn't turn into an ordinary Redcape but something stronger and darker."

"I'm sorry," she added. "I just thought I should tell you right away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 37 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37