Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:16 am

Ergo Research - Hallway
Luke Jaron

Luke sighed, "Yeah, thought as much." He smiled then looked at Lenka. "Well, I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate you for being here." Then Luke felt something broke inside him, then sighed once more.

When Lenka touched his shoulder slightly and asked him if they could still be friends, Luke grinned, "Why wouldn't we? I mean, it will take awhile for me get my feelings sorted out about you, but I will never stop liking you as a person, Lenka. It just that I probably need to stop loving you... Hopefully...?" Then Luke chuckled, "That being said, you know what? I feel bitter and yet, better." Luke blew out air, then back to smiling. "Thanks for being honest with me, shall we get back to readying ourselves to save the day, and bring back Alex home?" said Luke.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Ergo Research

- Lenka -

Luke's reaction to her rejection was...polite? It felt a little off, like he wasn't really being honest with her about how her words made him really feel.

It felt like he was putting on a friendly face.

"I..." Lenka didn't quite know how to react.

Finally she nodded and followed Luke out the room. "Let's get ready. I have to get to my room to get some stuff," she excused herself. "So I'll see you later, kay?"

Why had it been so much easier to let Luke down? Maybe they just hadn't spend so much time together?

When Luke left her sight, she began walking down the hallway.

"I only wish, you'd been honest with me too," she murmured to herself. "Hopefully you can open up to someone."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Ergo Research - Hallway
Luke Jaron

"Right! I will see you then!" Said Luke and waited for Lenka to disappear from his sight, then when she disappeared, he went back into the room where he got his rejection. Luke leaned on the door, and it felt like his leg gave up on him, sliding through the door as if he was in liquid form. Luke sighed deeply as his hips touched down the cold floor. Or was it cold?

Then Luke realized something dropped from his eyes; Luke rubbed it off, and then again. Then again. "Pathetic..." Luke muttered to himself, shaking his head. "Glad that I did not show this to her..." Luke gave weak chuckle, then he wiped it off again. "At least, we are friends... so that's good? Right?" Then he stood up, breathing slowly to calm his emotions down, but whatever that was dropping from his eyes were not going to stop that easily. He sank again, then bang his head gently to the door. "Luke, you have a friend to save, remember?" Banged his head one more time, "Stop it." And that seemed to work.

Luke breathed in and out, this time his eyes finally gave it up to his determination. "I can cry all I want after this." He told himself. After that Luke finally left the room, he looked back at the empty space of the room one more time, he gave a weak smile. "Good bye, first love. Better luck next time." Said Luke, not losing his weak smile. In all honesty, Luke was all ready, and what he really needed was to wash his face and get rid of unwanted stain. 'Oops, I lied to her... twice...' Thought Luke, he shook his head, "Well, I couldn't help it." He answered his own thoughts, "If I brushed it off easily, maybe she won't feel too bad about it...." He sighed, at least with the positive thought that Lenka was not feeling any guilty about rejecting him.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Ergo Research - Containment Suite

- Alexei -

Alexei chuckled as Nadenka mentioned him enjoying many women's embrace.

"No need to be jealous," he teased, "I saved the best for last."

He squeezed her a little tighter, letting his thumb trail across her skin. When she mentioned Ehlana, however, he glanced over with a raised eyebrow.

"Plenty of time," Alexei told her. "People communicate different ways. Arusians... we don't use as many words as you Kaddathians. Don't worry. She'll be fine."

They weren't just empty reassurances. He knew his team, his people. Ehlana had needed that talk, that venting, but she had her head on straight again. They would both make it through this, maybe even stronger and better than before.

Belo, too.

--------------------------------------------------

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Rise -

Rise watched Lenka head off and patted James arm as he sighed.

"She'll be okay," she reassured him. "We all will be."

Even Alex. She had to believe that.

"Come on." She pressed a kiss to his cheek and took his hand. "We should meet with the others to leave."

The two headed down the halls of Ergo Research together, hand in hand, memorizing each other's warmth until they moment they would have to separate.

Ergo Research - Com Bridge

- Ariana -

"You've already helped more than you know."

Alina's words made Ariana's eyes widen in surprise. Did she really mean that?

Alina seemed intent on dissuading her, bringing up Ariana's own concerns that returning to the capital would put her directly in harm's way. That might harm their endeavor, and even their budding relationship... whatever that might be right now.

Ariana hung her head and nodded, unsure what else to say as she followed in Alina's footsteps toward the meeting place.

- Everyone -

One by one, or in pairs, the members of Aegis and their new allies filtered back into the containment suite, ready to head off for the capital. Everyone seemed solemn, but there was also a quiet assurance in their faces.

"Everyone's clear on their assignments?" Raidon asked, just as Alina and Ariana entered as the last of the group.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:18 pm

- Everyone -

James squeezed Rise's hand as they entered the containment suite as everyone else slowly arrived.

He was still worried about having to leave Rise and Lenka and the others, but at the same time he knew he could trust them to take care of each other and themselves. And they would make it back, just like Rise said.

He nodded in response to Raidon and then stepped up to the two Arusians and Nadenka.

"While I'm trying to erase any doubts about where your true allegiance lie, I'm trusting you that right now, we have the same goal," he said and took a duffle bag from his shoulder and placed it on the floor in front of them.

"And that's why I brought your weapons so we can work together."

The duffle bag was slightly open, revealing the classic Arusian batons and the weapons Alexei and Nadenka had brought when they arrived.

"Is there anything else you need?"

----------------------

Ehlana had woken up from her sleep when the door of the containment suite opened. Surprisingly she was immediately wide awake. Two hours wasn't enough to fully recharge her, but it was enough. She felt awake and probably as ready as she was going to be. And the hot shower had helped immensly.

Making her way towards the main room, where Aegis and the others had filed in, James had brought up a major concern on her part. Weapons.

She felt relieved when he put the duffle bag down and took her time to inspect her weapons and test out their functionality. They appeared to be working fine.

After she placed them on her belt, Ehlana could still feel James's searching gaze on them. Apparently he expected them to say something. Internally, she sighed. Why did everything need to be voiced?

"I'm good," she said. No word of thanks.

----------------------

Lenka, after gathering everything she needed from her room, had arrived quite early at the containment suite and followed the interactions. To be honest, she's much rather process what had happened to her earlier this evening, but she knew of all people, she couldn't afford to not have her head in the game.

With all this newfound power, that she still couldn't quite control, she didn't want to be the person that needed to be watched or rescued.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:26 am

Luke Jaron

Luke washed his face, and wiped it clean, and dry. He sighed, then shook his head. He looked at the mirror and tried to smile.

"It's okay, Luke." He said it to himself, and then he slapped his face with his palm, "USU!" then he walked out, feeling recharged; and he was going to let his emotion all out after this anyway.

He entered where everyone is meeting, "Let's do this!" geared and ready to bring Alex home and hopefully bring peace between the country once more.

________________________________________________________________________________

Nadenka

Nadenka gave a peck on Alexei's cheek, "That's good to hear." She smiled with warmth, "Let's bring the remaining one as well." Her arms wrapped around Alexei's neck, she locked her eyes with Alexei, "You know, he really cared for his team. I am sure you will be able to bring him back, too." She smiled.

When they all gathered, with James bringing weapons for Arusians, she smiled at James as Ehlana said her's thanks. Well, kind of word of thanks. Nadenka decided to make it sure those words could be heard. "Thank you, and if you could bring medical kit, that would be nice, too." Said Nadenka.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:19 am

Aegis

- Marcus -

Marcus watched as the others entered the room. He'd been sitting by the door since a few minutes after his talk with Lenka. With the deadline for their venture bearing down on him, he hadn't allowed himself the time to think about things too much. For now, his head needed to be in the game, and regardless of her answer, getting his feelings off of his chest had helped with that. Unfortunately, it seemed to have had the opposite effect on Lenka, who was looking around the room as if she were in a daze.

Frowning, Marcus pushed himself to his feet and made his way in her direction. At best, Marcus could rarely pull of stealthy, but she didn't seem to acknowledge his existence as he closed the gap. So, he gave her a gentle pat in the center of her back as he stepped up beside her. "Game face on, partner. Finals are coming up, and it's crunch time. There'll be plenty of time to space out after the tests are through."

-------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

Upon entering the room, Alina pulled Lisa aside to give her some specific directions. Judging from the look on the other woman's face and her darting gaze, she wasn't sure how Ehlana and James would take the news, but that's why Alina had told her directly.

Silence fell over the other occupants as Alina made her way to the center of the group, giving each of the others a determined smile. "Alright. I've always been a fan of actions over words. So, let's skip the speech and get on with it."

"Lambda will teleport me first so that I can get into place to draw attention."

"One minute later, she'll return for James' group and drop them off at the coordinates I've supplied to her."

"There will be a five minute delay from this point until the majority of you can be transported to the coordinates where she retrieved the women earlier. During this five minutes, the first group will be infiltrating the upper floors, and I'll be causing a commotion in the main courtyard."

"Once the rest of you arrive in the underground, get into the prison levels and work your way up, freeing prisoners and mopping up enemies."

"If all goes well, I'll have Keynes arrange breakfast in the Council room. It'll drive them nuts to see us eat off their polished table."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:15 am

- Rise -

Rise followed James over to the Arusians, still feeling a bit of trepidation being around them. They seemed surprisingly mild, however, even if Ehlana still appeared disgruntled being around them. Alexei, however, seemed more amused than anything else as he retrieved his weapons and swung them around.

"Heh. You Kaddathians are very trusting," he said. "I kind of like that."

Rise wasn't sure if that was supposed to be reassuring, but she did feel sure that they wouldn't betray they at this point.

"Here," she said, handing Nadenka a first aid kit. "Hopefully, you won't need it."

Rise squeezed James hand, smiling as she looked into his eyes. It would be hard not fighting together, but they had to be strong.

"Good luck," she told him before pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

Once they separated, she reluctantly let go of his hand before walking over to stand with her group. She had to be a leader now. Time to be strong.

"Yeah, let's do it," she replied to Luke, nodding.

- Ariana -

Ariana watched as Alina entered the room and consumed all the attention. As she gave off orders, Ariana could see how naturally leadership came to her.

People had only followed her because of her name. Or what they thought her name was. Farrington was probably the only one who saw her as more than just Adalia's heir.

Alina, though... People followed her because they believed in her.

"Lambda will teleport me first so that I can get into place to draw attention," Alina began.

Would she really be able to do it all by herself? Maxim would soon find out that the Old Guard wasn't coming to support him, and he might be desperate enough to try to remove Alina without thinking it through. Maxim was brilliant, but maybe too brilliant. If all his carefully calculated plans unraveled, who knew what he might be capable of.

If she were there too though... it might give Maxim some hesitation. And she could provide some backup if worse came to worse. No one should have to go in alone.

"If all goes well, I'll have Keynes arrange breakfast in the Council room. It'll drive them nuts to see us eat off their polished table," Alina finished up.

The others all smiled, some even giving cheers. She really did give them spirit.

Alina nodded to Lambda, who approached her and began conjuring a summoning circle.

"Wait!" Ariana called out, rushing forward. The circle expanded, slipping past her feet before she could register it.

There was a flash of light, and the next moment, Ariana found herself standing with Alina at the steps up to the palace. After a moment, Lambda nodded and vanished again for her next assignment.

"I..." Ariana's words failed her. She had intended for this in the end, but it was so sudden that it still caught her off guard.

Caltha - High General's Office

- Maxim -

"What do you mean?" Maxim demanded, trying to keep his demeanor calm, even as he felt the blood drain from his face.

"Just as I said," General Thorne replied, his face grim. "High Lady Adalia ordered us to stand down, and we've complied."

Maxim exhaled slowly before answering. "There must be a misunderstanding. Perhaps she-"

"The misunderstanding was ours," Thorne cut him off. "We thought you were caring for High Lady Adalia's well-being. Then we find out that not only is she not in your protection at the capital, but she has no intention of pursuing her claim further."

"That's-"

"The Old Guard pledged to stand beside the legacy of the Adalia name as long as an Adalia was willing to claim it. However, our time has come to its end."

"You can't be serious." Maxim stood up from his chair, his fingers gripping the desk. "High Lady Adalia must be being coerced. We must find her again and restore her to her rightful position. That is the Old Guard's duty."

Thorne narrowed his eyes. "Prove that's the case. Until then, I suggest you tread carefully. The Old Guard are still proud Kaddathians. If you attempt a foreign coup, we will stand with the Grand Army of Kaddath to restore order."

The transmission cut out. Maxim sank back into his chair and tugged at his hair. This was an unmitigated disaster. With shaking fingers, he picked up his com.

"Kurik, please come to the High General's office. I need to speak with you..."

[OOC: Noin, you can skip to just having Kurik reacting to Maxim's news.]

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

"Let's do this." Lisa said as Lambda reappeared in the room, noticeably without Ariana.

As James, Ehlana, Alexei, and Nadenka moved to surround Lambda, Lisa took a deep breath to compose herself.

A moment later, the familiar (and stomach turning) motion of the teleportation spell dropped them in a small garden with a creek that James was sure to recognize. Poor guy. Not that Lisa really had the time to consider his phobia while she was trying to keep her dinner from making a repeat appearance.

After a few seconds, Lisa exhaled and stood up a little straighter, feeling a little less green. "Okay, everyone. In order to get into the heart of the castle, we're going to have to do something a little... Strange."

"Beneath the surface of the water is a drain that filters out into a fountain inside one of the castle courtyards."
She gave James and Ehlana a sheepish look. "In order to make sure we all get there without drowning, I'm going to need to use my magic on you to create an air pocket over your heads."

She glanced at Alexei, giving his shoulders an assessment. "Someone may also need to push the big guy from behind. It'll be a tight squeeze for him."

- Alina -

Alina sighed, then chuckled, shaking her head. "You're not very good at taking 'no' for an answer, are you? Jane was the same way."

Reaching down to her calf, Alina pulled a long, slender knife from her boot and held it out to Ariana. "I'm assuming you know how to use this?" She smirked, already anticipating the answer. "Since you decided to step into the circle without a weapon, it's all I've got on hand to offer you."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:46 pm

- Lenka -

She noticed when Marcus stepped up to her. For a moment she felt nervous. Would they be able to work well together after what happened? Would it be awkward? Her nervousness faded pretty quickly when he spoke.

Lenka grimaced at Marcus' word and she placed her hands over her ears. "Oh stop it with the school analogies!" she said. "I feel like you're trying to be a soccer coach." She shuddered, looking amused nonetheless.

"And no, I don't want to feel like a sports player or a student before finals."

She watched as first Alina and Ariana disappeared and a few moments later Lambda returned to transport James and his group.

She swallowed and took a deep breath.

"I'm ready," she declared and gave Marcus one last look before turning her attention to Rise.

-----------------------------

Aegis

- James & Ehlana -

James had prepared himself for the familiar rush that transported them to the palace. When the world, reappeared, he placed a steadying hand under Lisa's elbow, remembering the last time they had travelled like this.

One look around showed him where they were and his face fell.

"Really?" he asked, his voice laced with irritation. "We have to do this again?" James sighed. It wasn't the water he feared, it was the darkness and the tight space. Thankfully, this time he'd waterproofed his equipment.

"Lisa just for the record, I'm not very happy about this," he murmured.

Lisa earned an equally irritated look from Ehlana. She clearly wasn't happy about having to yield to Lisa's magic, but she didn't protest.

Being here, in the darkness, actually made her feel more comfortable and even the idea of going through a tight and dark space didn't bother her much.

"I can go behind Alexei," she volunteered.

James nodded his agreement.

"I'll go first," he said and pulled a small flashlight from his pocket. "I know the way."

"And if Lisa goes last, she can make sure you don't get stuck or drown."

-----------------------------

- Kurik -

"No! You can't be serious?" Kurik echoed the words Maxim had used only minutes earlier. He still couldn't believe it.

Together with Lorrin and Annabelle, he'd been on his way to the control room. They were still in the process of searching the palace when Maxim called him into the High General's Office.

Kurik was still reluctant to think of it as his office.

Kurik ran his hand through his hair. What Maxim had told him were the most troubling news. In fact it was a disaster and he was lucky no other soldiers from the Old Guard that were currently at the palace were within earshot.

"How did this happen?" he shook his head. "It's my fault really. I should have never let her escape."

If the majority of the Old Guard really took General Thorne's stance, they would be left exposed here at the palace.

He felt upset. With himself, with the Old Guard. The whole situation had lead to a disaster.

"What do we do?"
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 am

Luke Jaron

Luke wanted to say something, but he stopped. Marcus was already there and helping Lenka out, he shifted his gaze as if he didn't see anything. It was no good, even though, he did say he is going to get his feelings for her sort it out, it was hard. Luke shook his head, 'Come on, I got this.' He said it to himself in his thought.

He took a deep breathe, calming his mind and focusing his attention to something far important than his personal struggles.

Nadenka

"Interesting" Said Nadenka, this was her first time seeing the strain being used in such a way; perhaps, if the strains could be used for daily uses instead of 'weapon', the people could set aside their differences?

In any case, Nadenka volunteered to be the next, "I am pretty good at swimming." Said Nadenka, "I should be able to reach there quicker as well to check out if its cleared."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 pm

Caltha - Tunnels

- Rise -

Everyone seemed ready by the time Lambda returned for the third group. Rise surveyed the others - Raidon, Kokonoe, Lenka, Marcus, and Luke - and nodded.

"Let's go, Lambda."

There was a flash of the light, and the group found themselves in a dark tunnel.

"Didn't expect to be back here so soon," Raidon mused, tugging on the visor of his hat.

"Can you lead us back to the way you got out of the prison cells?" Rise asked.

Raidon nodded, though she felt certain he was wondering the same thing she was. How likely was it that Maxim's forces hadn't covered for this oversight yet?

"Until the jammer is taken down, I can't proceed further," Lambda said, biting her lip. "Please, take care."

Rise nodded. Kokonoe patted Lambda's shoulder before heading down the tunnel with the others.

"Remember to stay back," Raidon told her. "I intend to keep you safe."

Kokonoe pursed her lips. "I brought weapons of my own," she said, pulling out a vial of strain crystals. "I can defend myself."

Raidon smiled, though it was tinged with regret. "I don't doubt it. But I can't look Keynes in the eyes again if anything happens to you."

Kokonoe lowered her gaze. Jane... even now, that responsibility still lingered over him.

"Hey." Kokonoe snorted and looked up at him. "If anything happens to me, it's Keynes who should be worried. I'll haunt the crap out of him for getting himself into this mess."

Raidon chuckled. Woah, that was a rare treat.

"This way," he said, leading them down a tunnel to the left.

Caltha - Palace Gardens

- Alexei -

This Kaddathian magic transportation was just unnatural. Alexei grunted and rubbed at his forehead, trying to push away the disorientation.

The one girl - Lisa? - leading them explained their entrance route, which was going to involve swimming and magic bubbles for them to breath.

"These Kaddathians do the strangest things with magic," he murmured to Ehlana, shaking his head.

Lisa turned to him, and for a moment he thought she'd caught him talking. Then she scrutinized his shoulders. "Someone may also need to push the big guy from behind. It'll be a tight squeeze for him."

"Sorry," he offered, shrugging. Even in Arusia's relatively confined space, his size had never been a problem. Oh well. First time for everything, apparently.

Ehlana offered to go behind him and push - making the suggestion before he could. She was the only one he really trusted to do that. These others were too thin and twiggy to rely on. He eyed James a moment - boy needed more meat on his bones - before turning to Ehlana.

"You going to be all right?" he asked, nodding his head in the direction of the water. He was more concerned with her recent trauma with almost drowning than Lisa's questionable magic.

Nadenka offered to go after James, and Alexei stopped to touch her shoulder. "Be careful," he told her, letting his fingers drift down her arm before releasing her.

Caltha - Front Gate

- Ariana -

"You're not very good at taking 'no' for an answer, are you? Jane was the same way."

Ariana dared to glance at Alina, but to her surprise, it wasn't reproach on the older woman's face. She almost looked approving.

Reaching down to her calf, Alina pulled a long, slender knife from her boot and held it out to Ariana. "I'm assuming you know how to use this? Since you decided to step into the circle without a weapon, it's all I've got on hand to offer you."

It wouldn't be the same reach as her rapier, but the weight and movement should be the same. Ariana twirled in her wrist, then tucked it into her belt.

"I'll manage," she said, nodding.

They approached the gates to the palace, and Ariana stared up at them with a sobering grimace.

"Okay. I'm trusting you," Ariana murmured.

- Maxim -

"What do we do?"

That was the question, and Maxim had no way of answering it. He couldn't even look Kurik in the eyes. He'd led him all the way to this point, and now he'd sentenced him to failure and treason.

"Kurik..." he murmured. "I..."

The com lit up again, and Maxim dragged his eyes over to it. Reluctantly, he answered the call.

"Sir," one of the guards reported. "We've spotted Alina Grey and High Lady Adalia in front of the gates! Orders?"

Maxim was on his feet before he'd realized it. This was too good to be true. Yes... too good to be true. Alina Grey wouldn't march in here and offer herself up without good reason. But it was quite literally their only chance to rectify this situation, and they had to take it.

"I'll-" Maxim stopped halfway to the door and turned. "No, my apologies. You're High General now. It's time for you to take the reins. I'll leave Alina and Ariana in your hands. Leave the prisoners to me."

As Kurik went to leave, Maxim put a hand on his shoulder. "Remember, we need Ariana alive at all costs. Both of them, if possible. But just as importantly, none of the Old Guard with us can know the current state of things. If Ariana should tip any of them off... they can't be allowed to relate that information."

He hated to put Kurik in that position, but with their power balanced on a knife's edge, there could be no room for mistakes.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:02 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

"Sorry." Lisa gave James a weak smile as she found her legs again. "Alina and I both knew you wouldn't be thrilled. That's why I didn't say anything before now."

Moving throughout the group, she touched each of the members briefly on the back of the neck. "Sorry." She apologized to Ehlana as she pulled her hand away. "If it helps, just think of it like a breathing mask."

After applying the last circle to herself, Lisa motioned for James to lead the way. "We'll come out at one of the inner courtyards. From there, we'll only have to slip past whatever security is between us and the jammers."

- Alina -

Alina gave her young accomplice a long look before heading up the stairs. This girl had carried a weight she wasn't yet ready for because of Farrington, and that wasn't something that could ever be undone.

"You can trust me." Alina responded as they crested the top of the stairway. "But also trust yourself."

Drawing her rapier, Alina took a deep breath. Then, a wave of cold poured out from her, leaving behind a layer of frost on the ground across the courtyard and freezing over the open gates that they now entered.

"I am Commander Alina Grey of the Kaddath Army, and I would have words with the squatters in this palace!" She bellowed, letting her voice echo through the courtyard.

- Marcus -

"I would probably make a good soccer coach." Marcus responded with a grin. "It was one of my favorite games growing up at the home."

"Glad to see it got your head in the game though."
He continued, nudging her with his elbow. "Let's go kick some ass. Then, we'll have a cool story to tell when we get back to the university."

As the rest of the group turned their attention to Rise, he did the same. Clenching his fist, he focused on her words. Now was the time for him to use the strength he'd been given. Marcus couldn't help but feel as if the reason he'd been given his magic was for today's events.

The teleportation was rattling, but having experienced it before, Marcus was able to get his bearings quickly. He glanced at the others, ensuring everyone else seemed to do the same. Now that they'd arrived, all he could do was follow Rise and Raidon's lead.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

Caltha - Palace Gardens
Nadenka

"Don't forget I saved you from drowning, bear-man." Nadenka gave playful smile and gave him a wink. "I have a date I can't miss. Of course, I will be careful." Said Nadenka, giving a little squeeze of Alexei's She stretched a little, ready to enter the water at the sign of go.

"Whenever you are ready." She told James, confident in her ability in swimming.

Caltha - Tunnels
Luke Jaron

'Need to concentrate on saving Alex.' Luke told himself, he closed eyes, trying to focus his mind. When he opened his eyes, he smiled slightly. All these time, when he was around Lenka, he could not focus much, but after the rejection, it seemed like it became easy. Perhaps, his feelings towards Lenka was not too strong after all? Then again, the pain of rejection, he could feel that its still there. He massaged his neck a little, calming his back muscle.

After the teleportation, everyone followed Raidon's lead, and so did Luke. He stayed close to Raidon and Rise's lead, ready to strike any enemy that may appear in front of them. Even if it was Alex himself.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Belobog Volkov

Belobog was conflicted; his mind was at war. Doubting about every mission he had entered. Was it really for Arusia? Or was it for Kurik?

It could be both, right? Right?

But...

Belobog shook his head, he stood up and geared up. It was time for him to make some round so that no one was sneaking inside. He turned on the radio that had been muttering some useless chatter among the soldiers. He had not been hearing from Maxim nor Kurik for some time though. He sighed, and then his eyes shifted towards the empty chairs. 'If there were no hiccups along the way, Alexei and Ehlana probably would have been here...' thought Belobog, then he quickly shook his head.

He gave a short breath, "Hope we don't see each other in battlefield, comrades." Belobog muttered to himself as he leave the room with his radio on.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Caltha - Palace Gardens

- James & Ehlana -

Ehlana nodded towards Alexei. "I'll be fine," she said. "Stop asking." She'd committed to this and now there was no turning back.

This had always been her mindset when a mission started. Even though the prolonged exposure to magic made her feel uncomfortable, as long as it was a necessity, she wasn't going to make a fuss about it.

Ehlana gave no reaction when Lisa touched her neck. Instead she gave the girl a long look. "You apologize a lot," was the only thing she said before turning around towards the water.

James waited until Lisa had applied her magic to all of them before carefully stepping into the water.

"See you on the other side," he said and dove under.

He swam a couple length and then waited, turning around to make sure the others were following.

The flashlight didn't brighten the place up, but provided just enough light so they could see the person next to them.

Once he saw Nadenka's shadow, he swam on, trying to ignore the darkness that felt like it was creeping in on him.

For a moment it felt like the tunnel was never ending and he felt his heartbeat and breathing quicken when he tried to fight down the panic that began to set in. Suddenly the end of the tunnel became lighter and a few moments later his head broke through the surface.

James breathed a sigh of relief. He wouldn't have made it much longer. And even though he wanted to jump out as quickly as possible, he stayed low and turned off his flashlight. Only when he confirmed that no one was in the courtyard, did he move out of the water.

Ehlana waited until Alexei had disappeared under water. Then she followed. For a few seconds she was hesitant to breathe, but she could distinctly see the bubbles swirling around her head. Swallowing her hesitation, she took a deep breath. It worked. Still, she kept her breathing long and deep and her heart rate low.

-----------------------

Caltha - Tunnels

- Lenka -

Lenka rolled her eyes at Marcus.

"And here I thought you assured me in the very beginning that you didn't care about fame."

She winked at him with a light grin. Thankfully, it was still easy to talk to him, despite everything that happened.

A moment later Lambda transported them into the tunnel.

Even though she experienced the teleportation before, it threw her slightly off balance and she staggered against the tunnel wall.

"Eww tunnel slime," she said and looked at her dirt covered hands before wiping them off on her pants.

A look from Rise told her to be quiet and she looked at her apologetic. More quietly, they followed Raidon, Kokonoe and Rise down the tunnel.

-----------------------

- Kurik -

Kurik exchanged a shocked glance with Maxim when the message that Alina and Ariana were in the courtyard was delivered through the com.

What were they up to?

His immediate thought was, that it was a trap.

There was a determined look in his eyes when he faced Maxim.

"Yes, I understand. Leave it to me," he said. "Make sure the guards to a sweep for any other entry points and keep them away from the entrance courtyard. I don't want a spectacle there."

Before leaving, he pushed the button of his com. "This is High General Akatsuki. Captain Simon, Captain Davidson and Belo report to the control room."

With one more nod towards Maxim, he went off to the control room. A few seconds later, Lorrin, Annabelle and Belo arrived.

"We have a situation at the front gate and I need your help," he explained the situation to them, leaving out any sensitive details that could tip his hand towards the Old Guard.

"I won't force you to do this. I'm asking you. This is deviating from any plan we had. It is more risky than anything else we've done or faced and I can't guarantee for the outcome."

"Tsk," Annabelle clicked her tongue. "Our pension is crap anyways," she said and picked up her axe. "And you're a decent guy."

Lorrin also nodded after a few seconds. "Aw you've made Annabelle care," he said with a light smile on his face that earned him a light punch in the shoulder from Annabelle. "How can I refuse then?"

And after a pause Lorrin added. "You're my friend and I think I've lost enough of those. So let's go."

Kurik looked at Belo.

"This isn't about right or wrong," he said. "It's not about who has the power. Whether it's Arusia or Kaddath or the Old Guard or a completely new order… this is about making sure Arusia will find a place in Kaddath in the future."

"That's all I care about. Forget revenge. Forget the Old Guard. The current system just needs to be broken up," Kurik explained. "Don't you agree?"

OOC: just as a reminder, the profiles of Lorrin and Annabelle:
Spoiler:

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Belobog Volkov

Belobog hesitated at first when Kurik called his name to report, and using the high general title... Belobog was not so sure how to respond to that. 'I could not respond...?' Thought Belobog, 'but such thought would be betraying Arusia...' another thought jumped in. Belobog eyes drifted to the sharpen dagger he had acquired, 'Perhaps, ending my life here...' He closed his eyes, then opened his eyes again. Such thought made him feel sickened and disgusted; his thought sounded like something he disliked the most, a coward. Belobog went to the high general's office to report in.

When he entered, he could see that the other two were already there. It became clear that their loyalty did not rest with Old Guard, but with Kurik. Belobog would have smirked in other circumstances as Kurik had such effect on some people, but at the moment, he could not.

"I don't have an opinion, I follow orders." Said Belobog, "And you know where my loyalty lies. As long as it leads to better future for Arusia, I will fight by your side." Said Belobog, getting himself to ready to meet their foes.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Caltha - Front Gate

- Kurik with Lorrin and Annabelle -

Kurik put a hand on Belo's shoulder. He could only imagine the pain he had gone through by losing two comrades, especially since camaraderie had a completely different meaning in Arusia.

"Thank you," he said. "And while I know things have been difficult for you, I want you to know that this means a lot to me and to Aruisa."

With another nod, he lead them towards the front gate.

"I hope you brought some Redcape serum," he said to Belo. "That could come in handy."

As they drew closer, he could already feel the temperature fall.

"Remember, the goal is to capture Ariana alive."

When he placed his hand on the handle, he took a deep breath and then opened the gate. It was open just long enough for them to slip through in the darkness. There was a distinct possibility, Alina and Ariana hadn't seen how many of them stepped out.

Kurik gestured for the others to stay back and then he stepped into the light.

"I demand to know what a disgraced Army Commander is doing here!" Kurik didn't raise his voice much, just loud enough to carry it through the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Caltha - Palace Gardens

- James & Ehlana -

"You can trust me. But also trust yourself."

Ariana looked up into Alina's eyes, her lips parted in surprise. Then, her lips tightening, she nodded. Yes, she had to rely on herself as much as Alina... and let Alina rely on her too.

Drawing her rapier, Alina took a deep breath. Then, a wave of cold poured out from her, leaving behind a layer of frost on the ground across the courtyard and freezing over the open gates that they now entered. Ariana conjured up her strain, her body tensing as she fought to mimic those feelings she'd had back at Ergo that allowed her to match Alina's own cold wave. With a small cry of exertion, she let out a wave of cold on the heels of Alina's, amplifying it even further.

"I am Commander Alina Grey of the Kaddath Army, and I would have words with the squatters in this palace!" Alina bellowed, her voice echo through the courtyard as they marched in.

It didn't take long until they were met.

"I demand to know what a disgraced Army Commander is doing here!" Kurik responded, his own voice carrying. Accompanying him was a small contingency - two of Ariana's own people and the remaining Arusian agent.

Four on two... not two odds.

"What are you doing here, Commander Akatsuki?" Ariana asked, cold seeping into her veins as she stared him down. "I believe I ordered the Old Guard to stand down. As my Commander, that includes you."

Caltha - Palace Gardens

- Alexei -

Ehlana nodded towards Alexei, not pleased by his question. "I'll be fine," she said. "Stop asking."

That just made Alexei smirk. A very Ehlana answer. Good.

When it was his turn to head into the water, Alexei dived in without a moment's hesitation. Hesitation never got anyone anywhere, and now wasn't the time to start doubting or worrying. Maybe he wasn't an agent of Arusia anymore, but that training and mindset still had its uses, and right now, he just needed to follow one order.

Swim.

Propelling himself forward, he made his way down the tunnel. At one point, he did find himself in a tight squeeze, but Ehlana's reassuring hand was there to help him force his way through.

Soon enough, Alexei emerged into the air, expanding his large chest to swallow a deep expanse of fresh air. Ehlana came out behind him, and Alexei patted her shoulder.

"Not so bad," he mused. "But dry land's better."

He looked around for Nadenka, who seemed perfectly fine, and approached her to smooth her wet hair back. When the group at last had all made it through, he nodded to James.

"Lead on, boy," he said.

Caltha - Tunnels

- Rise -

Rise's group huddled by the entrance upward into the prisons, counting down the time they'd been given before they were to head up.

"I'm not sure if we should tell Alina to get these obvious holes in security fixed," Rise muttered. "Or if we should keep them open just in case we need to infiltrate this place a third time..."

Caltha - Grand Council Chamber

- Maxim -

Maxim drifted into the Grand Council Chamber to make sure the prisoners were all accounted for, though he his mind was only half present. Even now, Kurik was a constant thought in the back of his head. Would he be able to apprehend Ariana successfully? Would he be safe? Would the Old Guard rally behind them once more? How would he remove Ariana from the picture now to ensure that Kurik would still ultimately end up on that throne?

He stared up at the High General's chair, lost in thought as the Blackcape morosely writhed and huddled away in a corner as though trying to disappear from notice.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:03 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

Lisa waved her hand, and the air swirled around each of her companions, pushing the water away from them as it traveled down their bodies.

"You're up." She gave James a grin. "This was as far as I knew to come. Beyond here, I'm just fire support."

"So, where would you setup a battery of signal jammers?"

- Alina -

"You do not get to make demands of me!" Alina responded as she raised her rapier, pointing it in Kurik's direction.

As her cool eyes rested briefly on each of the faces before her, a crown of frost began to form on her head. She'd anticipated a larger turnout. Had Maxim seen through her plan and held back most of his troops?

She glanced in Ariana's direction when the young woman spoke, but Alina couldn't allow her vision to remain away from her opponents. In both politics and combat, you could never show an enemy your back...

"If you stand down now, I'll petition the Council to lighten your sentences when this is all over."

- Marcus -

Marcus chuckled at Rise's mutterings, but quickly covered his mouth to stifle the sound. Lenka's "tunnel slime" comment a few moments before had also drawn a slight snicker. Despite the severity of the situation, Marcus was still enjoying the company of those around him.

Still, he needed to focus on the task at hand. Things could go sideways at any moment, and he needed to remember that.

Up ahead, the tunnel walls took on a different pattern. They seemed less 'old', somehow. Maybe that meant they were progressing into a portion of the sub-floor that actually got some traffic now.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Caltha - Front Gate

- Kurik with Annabelle, Lorrin and Belo -

Kurik gave Ariana a cold smile. From the corner of his eye, he could see that Annabelle and Lorrin had moved slightly towards her. That was all that he needed to know. They would deal with her once Alina was otherwise occupied.

"I was promoted to High General after your sudden departure" he said to Ariana. "And in case you hadn't noticed during our last encounter: I was never your Commander. Your orders don't apply to me."

Then he turned his attention to Alina.

He shook his head amused. "Why would you bargain with something you don't have?"

"Even if I believed you, your word means nothing to me. You are your father's daughter and he didn't hold word either. What makes you so special?"

He shrugged, seemingly unfazed by her drawn rapier as he keps his hands in his pockets. "Instead I'll make you a counter offer: Hand over the girl and you may depart as you wish."

----------------------

Caltha - Palace Garden

- James and Ehlana -

"Agreed," Ehlana replied. Dry land was much better.

Her eyes adjusted quickly to the dim light and so would Alexei's. She could see everything in the palace garden clearly.

James ground his teeth when Alexei called him boy, but he kept his mouth shut. It was useless to argue this now.

He let his eyes travel around the darkness of the palace walls.

"Mh...probably at the highest point," he said to Lisa. "That's where you get the most coverage for all outgoing and incoming signals."

James turned towards Ehlana and Alexei.

"Unless your Arusian jammers can directly splice into the network?" he asked them. "Then we'd need to find the control room."

Ehlana shrugged. "Both are possible. At any rate, we have to get inside."

James nodded. "As long as we find some device that's connected with the network, I can trace where the jammer are," he explained. "But please, let's try to avoid killing anyone over it."

"Let's go then," Ehlana said and pointed towards the door on the right side of the courtyard. "I can hear a guard rotation coming from the left."

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 am

Caltha - Front Gate
Belobog Volkov

Belobog had his eyes set cold at the two foes, his fingers ready to fire weapon that had bullets that could turn the two into monstrosity.

For Belobog, Kurik's deal did not sound unreasonable, but just letting the previous high general to leave, that was just asking for future trouble.

In any case, Belobog was ready to fire it up-on if he was given a signal to do so.

Caltha - Tunnels

Luke Jaron

"I think it should always be open." Said Luke as he closely followed Rise and others. "I mean, High General needs to escape here to take a break right?" Luke chuckled, "Besides, I think it's alright to have some holes in security for safety measures." Said Luke as he continued the path with others.

Caltha - Palace Garden
Nadenka Orlov

Nadenka followed James lead, and with Ehlana's sharp senses, it looked like they were helping each other very well. Nadenka looked at the left side where Ehlana had pointed out, Nadenka was not so sure, but she looked at the other woman with amazement. "You can hear that? You are amazing." Said Nadenka in whisper as she wanted to be careful with her wording and such so that it won't alert enemies.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Caltha - Palace Gates

- Ariana -

Ariana took a step back under Kurik’s derisive gaze. A joke... that’s all he saw her as. Her eyes darted to her former lieutenants and saw that they had no higher regard for her than Kurik did. Maxim had done his work well enough. Perhaps she’d been able to stop the bulk of the Army, but Kurik had indeed succeeded in forming his own loyalist faction in the Old Guard.

"I'll make you a counter offer.”

Ariana looked up as Kurik ignored her and spoke to Alina as though she were no more than walldressing.

“Hand over the girl and you may depart as you wish."

Spoiler:

Ariana clenched her fists. Hands over the girl... Just another prop, a bargaining chip. Cold fury rushed through her veins, frosted the tips of her clothes as she stepped forward. Magic rushed through her, more easily and naturally than ever before. With a wave of her hand, three enormous icicles manifested in midair, hovering before her like javelins.

“Negotiations are over. You want me, Kurik?” she cried. “Come and get me. Mabufudyne!”

The icicles hurled at the opposing forces - one at Belo on the side, one at Annabelle and Loren on the other side, and one directly at Kurik.

----------------------

Caltha - Palace Garden

- James and Ehlana -

Alexei waited patiently for James and Lisa to figure out their course of action. This was their plan, after all.

When James mentioned avoiding killing anyone over their mission, Alexei grinned and nudged Ehlana - who didn’t seem nearly as amused.

“Boy thinks we’re bloodthirsty murder hounds,” he mused. “Don’t worry. We’ll resist our primal urges.”

Ehlana, ever on point, mentioned the guard rotation to everyone so they could keep moving. As they hurried off, Alexei paused to brush a hand over Nadenka’s arm before moving on.

——-———————————————-

Caltha - Tunnels

- Rise -

Rise checked her com and nodded. Time to make the move.

Leading the way, she climbed up to the grate and very carefully slid it aside. The coast seemed clear, so she motioned to the others and crawled out into the empty prison block.

As Rise approached the end of the room and peered around the corner, a guard walked right into her. They stared at each other a moment, then Rise whipped her fan aside and smacked the man’s head into the wall. He slumped to the floor, unconscious, but Rise heard a cry and darted around the corner to see another guard rush down the hallway - no doubt to alert others.

“Agi!”

Rise swiped her fan at the circle she conjured and sent a fireball sizzling through the air, nailing the man in the back and toppling him to the ground.

“Whew...” she sighed, wiping her forehead. Hurrying back around, she found Raidon and Kokonoe already up, and the others following in their wake.

“Hurry,” Rise urged them. “Alina should have already started things up at the gate. We don’t have much time if we want to help her too.”

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Aegis

- Lisa -

After slipping past the first patrol, Lisa lifted off her feet and floated to a window overlooking the hall they were about to enter. Without speaking, she signaled to James that there were five guards inside near the door. If they could capture them, then hopefully one of them would have a comm that was tied into the network, and James could use it to trace the jammers.

As everyone else took their positions, she turned towards where the previous patrol had been, making sure they were nowhere in sight. Everything seemed clear on that end. So, she chanced another glance through the window before signaling for the others to breach the door.

- Alina -

Alina kept her composure through Kurik's words, but apparently, Ariana couldn't do the same. She couldn't blame the young woman for her actions, but the sudden escalation of tension before combat rushed over her much too swiftly.

"While I understand the injustice that you're suffering from, it would have been better to let them talk for a few more minutes." Alina jokingly said to Ariana as she prepared herself for the inevitable counter-attack. Between herself and Kurik, the ground was rapidly frosting over, taking away from her opponent's traction, even as the chill in the air would dull their senses.

"After all, we are the bait, not the hook." She chuckled.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Palace Garden

- James & Ehlana -

Ehlana’s eyes wandered over to Nadenka, looking a little confused. “Thanks?” she murmured.

Ehlana cracked a light grin at Alexei’s words. James’ misconception probably wasn’t that far off. He and Aegis were much softer than they were, so it was probably a good thing he had mention it. Not that it would be of much use in a tight situation.

James and Lisa lead the others inside, carefully moving around the currently empty hallways until Lisa found a hall with guards in it.

"There's five guards inside," he relayed the information towards the others.

James frowned. "You couldn't have found equipment without humans attached to it?" he whispered towards Lisa.

He allowed Alexei and Ehlana to step through the door first after Lisa's signal.

Thankfully, they had surprise on their side.

Ehlana quietly slipped through the door, knowing that at least Alexei was right behind her. The first guard she encountered, didn't even stand a chance. Before he could usher a word, Ehlana was behind him and her baton crashed down on his skull, hard enough to knock him out. After this first second of surprise, she turned her attention to the second guard that was closest to her.

-------------------

Palace Gate

- Kurik with Annabelle and Lorrin -

Ariana wouldn’t stay quiet and before Alina had a chance to answer Kurik’s proposal, Ariana reacted.

Strongly.

Icicles formed in front of her and rushed towards them. Kurik saw them from the corner of his eyes and with a quick movement ducked out of the way and away from Annabelle and Lorrin, landing softly on his feet.

Annabelle seemed to have just waited for this opportunity. A feral smile played around her lips and her dark eyes had been locked on Ariana for the entire time. Without giving Lorrin a chance to react, the axe was in her hand in an instant. With a swift side step, she crushed the icicle with her axe. Small icy parts shattered everywhere.

“Don’t worry, Kurik,” she said and kept looking at Ariana. “We got this.”

Behind her, she could hear Lorrin whisper a few words, using the timely distraction to cast a few boosting spells.

“Makakaja,” he cast to the left towards Kurik.

“Sukukaja,” he cast towards Annabelle, who was already slowly approaching Ariana.

“It seems you don’t have what it takes,” Annabelle said towards the girl. “I mean what are you trying to do here? Throwing a fit?”

With a flick of her hand, a magic circle appeared before her. “Mudo.”

Kurik watched Alina, a look of curiosity on his face as the ground began to frost over.

He snapped his fingers."Marakukaja." The ice stopped about 3 feet (1m) before reaching him.

"I'll take that as a 'No' then."

-------------------

Palace Hallway

- Lenka -

As Lenka climbed out of the tunnel behind the others, she could hear a commotion in the hallway.

Nervously, she pulled her hair behind her ears, feeling her heartbeat in her chest. Hopefully this would work.

Rise had obviously dealt with the imminent threat and they found themselves in the now empty prison block.

Together they hurried down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:27 am

Palace Gate

Belobog Volkov

Belobog quickly dashed to the side, avoiding the attack made by the girl who once was mark that he had to protect.

He looked at the others who got rid of the projectiles with ease, 'Hmph.' Thought Belobog, little annoyed that these guys had easier way of dealing things. Belobog draw his weapons, ready to fire the bullets to get rid of the two, but his eyes went to those three.

Kurik's actions? He understood pretty well, but with other two? It seems like they were just war hungry soldiers... He wasn't sure if he could trust them well.... Then again, he could think about that later as they were in battle.

"One monstrosity coming up." Said Belobog, he quickly aimed and fired his weapon to Alina, it was time to put to an end to her reign of Kaddath so that Kurik could quickly take it over from her.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Palace Garden
Nadenka

Nadenka smiled as Alexei as he went past her with Ehlana to take care of the guards. She made it sure that guards were completely knocked out so that they would not interfere with their plans and that they were not too injured.

"Well done, it seems these guards are going to have long beauty sleep" said Nadenka, inspecting knocked out guards.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Luke Jaron

Luke continued to follow the lead and as he was quite good with running and such, it did not take long for him to be at the front runner of things, Just behind Rise, Raidon and Kokonoe. However, something was off, or so he thought as he had infiltrated other places before.

"I think something already been started. The guards are very thin here than I expected it would be..." Luke commented.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 39 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next