Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:43 am

Aegis

- Marcus -

"Beautiful indeed." Marcus muttered, just loud enough to be heard. His eyes weren't drifting around the room though. They were focused on the only other occupant.

"Believe me. When I realized how much I was watching you, I thought it might be creepy too. But even after making a conscious effort, I couldn't not pay attention to you." He mused while Lenka flitted about the room, snapping photos.

When she turned her attention back in his direction, Marcus couldn't keep a thoughtful smile off of his face. "Likewise, I'm happy to have gotten to know you better, but the bravery that you're referring to isn't typical of me. You brought that out in me." Marcus said, pointing a finger at her.

"You are stubborn, and a whole other host of things. But you're also brave, and seeing that in you made me want to be the same."

"The decision I made that day wasn't bravery though, and I'll tell you why. You see, this is my true fifteen seconds of bravery."

"That decision was a no-brainer because I've been in love with you since before I knew what to call it. The opportunity to join you on this journey, to have your back, and to actually get to know you from somewhere other than afar? Missing out on that would have been the worst mistake of my life."

"But now, looking at what's next, I needed you to know. Even if nothing comes of it."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 am

Ergo Research - Hydroponic Garden

- Lenka -

Lenka looked at Marcus, speechless. Her bright, blue eyes began tearing up when she heard his confession of love.

Gently she took his hands, looking down.

"Marcus... I...," words failed her for the first time.

"Marcus, I like you so so much," she finally said. "And that's why I will be honest with you."

She looked up for a second to see his expression before looking back down. "What you said makes me feel appreciated and loved."

Even though she said the words, Lenka felt they didn't really express how she felt. His confession was so honest and heartfelt and she wished she could reciprocate those feelings. but deep down, she knew it would be a lie.

"I know you're wishing that I could say those words back to you… and I wished that too... but I can't. And telling you anything else would be unfair to you. You're a good person. Brave and kind and strong. And you deserve to be treated right."

A tear dropped on Marcus' hands that Lenka was still holding.

"And I'm sorry, it can't be me right now."

She gave his hands another squeeze and then turned around to leave.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Where Mark is~
Luke

Luke knocked on the door, "Come in!" bright voice of his friend was heard, Luke smiled. He entered and fortunately enough, his friend was alone.

Mark eyes gently smiled at him, and Luke smiled back. "You start to smile more." Mark commented, Luke sighed and take a chair sat close to his friend. "Yeah, I start to. Thanks to friends I made." Mark gave a flicked on Luke's forehead. "Don't be try hard, I know you got things to talk about." Luke rubbed his forehead, remembering Alex giving him a flicker as well.

"Well?" Mark asked, then Luke sighed. He spun the chair so that his crossed arms could lean on chair's back. "I am going to jump into one dangerous mission." Luke continued, "and you know, there's no guarantee I am going to come back alive." Mark listened silently, "So, you know, I want to really express how I feel to that girl." Then Mark was really taken a back. "Huh? You mean you are worried about how to express yourself to the girl?" Luke scratched his cheek, embarrassed, "Yeah, I mean, what else I would be here for?" Mark tossed pillow hard at Luke's face. Luke caught surprised, said it with annoyance. "Hey! I really mean it!" Mark sighed. "You know, here I thought you were going to say good byes, but you are here to talk about a girl... what's wrong with you?" Luke grinned, "I am going to come back alive you know, and with everyone else. I said that no guarantee of coming back alive so I could be really determined in telling her how I feel," Luke scratched his hair, giving awkward laughter. Mark shook his head, "You... Are you the same Luke I knew? You changed a lot..." Luke smiled gently, "I did, didn't I? You know, Mark? I am going to quit university when this is all over." Said Luke, looking at the window, "I am going to travel all over the places, meet new people, face new challenges and do my best to cheer up people." Luke opened the window, letting the wind blow in. "And not just that, I want to become a bridge between people...." Luke smiled, "But before that, I want to be honest with my feelings, too." He said, firmly. "And you know, it took awhile, but I think I really like that girl. I mean, I am not getting that much of support, nor I think I am so close to her... I mean, she barely knows me and I barely knows her... I mean..." Luke sighed, "I know I would probably be not her type and she probably doesn't have good first impression on me....and I..." Luke sighed again, "You know I get the feeling that she will definitely reject me..." Mark who was listening to all these, sighed, then smiled at his friend. "So why not? Being rejected by a girl isn't the worst thing in the world." Luke looked at his friend, "Hey!" Said Luke, but Mark continued, "You want her to know that you have feelings for her, yeah?" Luke nodded, "Yeah, I do." Mark shrugged, "Then let her know. You know, let her know that she's being appreciated." Luke smiled weakly, "So...you think I should just say it and get rejected?" Mark then laughed, "I mean, from what you have told me, it sounds like it's a miracle for her to like you!" Luke looked at his friend with annoyance, "Hey!" Mark gave a good chuckle, then he calmed down a bit. "If she rejects you, then come to me. I could laugh at your sorry ass." Then Luke smiled, "Yeah, good idea."

Then Luke sat down again, looking at his friend with genuine smile, "So, how's this place treating you so far? Getting visits?" Mark grinned, "Yeah, unlike you, I got a girl who always visits me." Luke gave a gentle punch on his friend's shoulder, "Hey~ Not fair!" Mark gave a gentle chuckle, then he looked at Luke, "I know you found something you want to do, Luke. But maybe, you should finish the studies. You know, traveling musician, with the knowledge of how to teach kids, maybe you could brightened up more people that way." Mark then grinned, "And I don't want you to miss my wedding as well." Luke shook his head, "You..." Then he smiled, "Yeah, maybe I should finish what I started." Luke sighed then he looked at his friend, "And seeing my friends being happy, I think I should just do that before I take on the world." He gave warm smile to his friend.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Aegis

- Marcus -

Tears. Marcus had expected several outcomes of this conversation, but tears hadn't been on the list.

As she released his hands and turned to leave, Marcus wrapped his arms around Lenka from behind, pulling her against his chest. "Hey. I didn't mean to make you cry." He smiled, despite the sting of rejection.

"I do wish that you could say it back, but I wasn't expecting you to, and I'm glad that you were honest about that."

"I'm not gonna let you walk out of here all torn up though."
He squeezed her gently. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, you've still got a friend right here. Your brother is somewhere in the building if you need to talk with him, and if this has scarred you for life, Lisa is an excellent therapist." Marcus threw in the last tease to try and lighten her mood.

"If you really want to go, I won't stop you." Marcus loosened his hold, making it clear that Lenka was free to leave if she wanted. "But don't think that this has to be all or nothing. I just selfishly needed to get this off my chest. That doesn't mean I won't be around just because you told me the truth about how you feel."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Ergo Research

- Lenka -

Lenka turned around when Marcus hugged her, allowing him to pull her in. She closed her eyes to stop the flow of tears.

“I understand,” she said, forcing her voice to sound calm. “I just need a minute alone. Sometimes it’s best to talk things out with yourself first before you talk to anyone else.”

She took a deep breath and looked at him.

“Thank you for also being honest,” she said and backed out of his hug. “I promise, we’ll still be friends. Don’t worry. Just give me some time.”

Lenka smiled genuinely at him. She meant it.

And with one last look she turned around and calmly walked out of the hydroponic garden. Once the door closed behind her, she wiped her eyes, unsuccessfully trying to remove any evidence of her crying. It was no use and she blindly walked down the hallway, not paying any attention in which direction she was headed.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Ergo Research - Containment Suite

- Alexei -

Alexei allowed Ehlana to vent out all her feelings as he sat quietly. He hadn't realized all she'd gone through, all she must have been feeling this whole time. And feelings of his own - guilt that he'd let his squad down, let them be torn apart this way - began to well up.

Reaching out, Alexei put a heavy hand on Ehlana's shoulder. Though he opened his eyes, he kept them fixed on the ceiling.

"I'm sorry," he offered, "that you went through all that. It should never have happened."

He sighed and let his hand drop.

"I don't know all the answers. I don't know what's right or wrong," he admitted. "But there's no point in looking back. This is the hand we've been dealt. We can still make something of all this - for you, for me, for Belo. And maybe, we there's still a chance to make a bridge between Kaddath and Arusia."

He looked over at her for the first time and offered a smile. "It's not like us to give up, right?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Rise -

Rise beamed up at James and kissed his cheek. "Glad to hear it."

James asked her what things she needed, and she paused to think when Lenka stumbled around the corner, clearly crying and too distressed to realize where she was going.

"Lenka?" she murmured. Oh no...

"Can you get my fans? That should be it," she told James, giving him a helpful nudge in the other direction. "I'll catch up."

Rise hurried over to Lenka and caught her. Geez, what had Marcus said to make her cry like this?

"Hey, you all right?" Rise asked, rubbing her shoulder comfortingly.

Caltha - Arya's und Raidon's apartment

- Arya -

Raidon smiled and nodded. He should have known Arya would be strong enough to handle all this.

"I will," he promised.

Then she told him she loved him. He'd heard her say it many times, from across a room with a sweet smile to a faint whisper of warm breath against his skin. But no matter how many times he heard it, it never felt old.

"I love you too." He couldn't forget that if he tried.

There was a pause when he knew he should go, but couldn't quite bring himself to break away yet. And then the question came to him, and he knew he needed to ask - needed that answer to hold onto as he went into battle.

"Have you decided yet?" he asked. "On names?"

Aegis

- Ariana -

Ariana sighed and hugged her body as the transmission finished. In a way, it was a relief to make the speech, just as it was a final blow. Even if she made it through the live, or without charges that put her away, she had nothing and no one to go back to.

[color=#00ffff]"That was... Powerful."

Ariana turned around, blinking in surprise at Alina's presence in the room. Kokonoe glanced between the two of them, then silently slipped away.

"It may have been the name that attracted them, but I can see why they were willing to follow you."

Ariana didn't know what to say to that and dropped her gaze to the floor.

"For the record, I don't know why Farrington convinced you to believe in who you might be. However, if you want to know, I can tell you who you really are."

Ariana glanced up, eyes widening. "What... what do you mean?"

If her father wasn't Arzei Adalia... was it someone else she knew of?

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 pm

- Ehlana -

It felt good to hear Alexei say those words.

“Thanks, you don’t have to be sorry. I stopped feeling sorry for myself a long time ago,” she said. “They actually treated me decently considering what I did.”

She took a deep breath and looked at Alexei, giving a light smile for the first time in ages.

“You’re right,” she agreed. “Let’s move forward.” A practical thought, typical for her. Even though she still looked tired, her eyes looked clear. An indication that the old Ehlana was still in there.

“What about you?” she suddenly asked. “What happened to you?”

And then added in a much lighter and almost amused tone, “And also what’s going on here?” her fingers pointed between him and the next room towards Nadenka. “That’s not the Alexei I knew?”

---------------------------

Ergo Reseach - Hallway

- James -

"Sure", he replied to Rise, giving Lenka one more look. Clearly Rise wanted to handle this, so he left.

She seemed to have a better clue about what was going on. Besides, he wouldn’t know what to say anyways.

- Lenka -

Lenka looked up when Rise stopped her. In the next moment she had thrown her arms around the other girl, squeezing her tightly.

“I don’t know”, Lenka admitted. “I feel just awful.” She really tried to hold back more tears, but it was somehow impossible. Maybe this had just been the one event in all that had happened the past couple days that drove her over the edge.

“Marcus told me that he’s been in love with me for a long time”, Lenka paused. “And I couldn’t say the words back. I just couldn’t. It’s not how I feel right now.”

She buried her face on Rise’s shoulder.

“What am I supposed to do now? We are such good friends. What if that ruined everything?”

“I don’t want to lose him,” she added quietly.

Apartment

- Arya -

She kept looking at him, loosing herself in his eyes, neither of them willing to hang up. Arya smiled at his question.

"No",  she shook her head, "I don’t want to decide alone. We can decide together when you come home."

"I do have some news.... It will be a boy and a girl," her face lit up with radient happiness.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Luke

Luke sighed as he left the room, then his face smiled gently. He was lucky to have a friend like Mark, Luke breathed in and out, his eyes beaming out with determination. He was not so sure how did it go between Marcus and Lenka, but he was sure going to tell Lenka how he felt about her.

"This is it, or never." Thought Luke, "I am going to tell her how I feel, get the answer, and move on!" He was so set on telling Lenka, but as this was something hard to put into words, he could feel his heart was going to explode in any moment.

The problem was, Luke was not so sure where she was. He walked aimlessly, and was this fate? He could see Rise and Lenka. He was about to rush, but his good eyes caught Lenka crying and that made Luke quickly hide.

Whatever happened between Lenka and Marcus probably had led Lenka to cry, Luke sighed, it seems like he was again off with timing. Luke rubbed his neck, little frustrated. All of his determination fading away; Luke looked at their direction again, Luke gave out another sigh, it was obvious that Lenka needed some time. "Perhaps I should tell her after everything is over..." Luke muttered himself.

He quietly got himself out of the scene so that Lenka and Rise could have private conversation they need. "Time to get myself ready then." Luke smiled weakly, then he shook his head. He slapped his face with his palm with great force. "U-SU! No time to sulk around, Luke! Got to bring back Alex home!" Revitalized, Luke went where equipment are stored, so that he could get himself ready for the coming battle.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 am

Aegis

- Alina -

"Well, I did have you give me some blood to confirm your identity, didn't I?" Alina asked, although it wasn't really a question.

"While the results weren't what you claimed, they were fairly definitive." She made her way to the projector and plugged her comm into the port before pushing a couple buttons. One password protected screen later, and two figures appeared on the display.

"As far as our DNA data bank is concerned, these are your biological parents."

She touched the outline of the man, and the display updated with information. "Martin Pike. An electrical engineer, who specialized in ventilation systems."

Sliding her fingers through the woman's figure, she brought up a second display. "Maria Doe. She was an actor, although not a well known one."

Alina took a step back, gesturing that it was okay for Ariana to approach the projections.

"Unfortunately, both have been dead for several years, but I thought you might rather know than wonder."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:22 am

- Alexei -

Alexei smiled and nodded. "Yes... they're not so bad, these Kaddathians. I could get used to them."

Their talk seemed to take a load off of her, and some of her usual spark came back to her eyes. It was good to see that.

“What about you?” Ehlana suddenly asked. “What happened to you?” And then added in a much lighter and almost amused tone, “And also what’s going on here?” her fingers pointed between him and the next room towards Nadenka. “That’s not the Alexei I knew?”

Alexei rubbed at the back of his neck sheepishly. "A long story. But you weren't the only one who was almost taken out by our own side. When the Kaddathians attacked the Old Guard base, they tried to blame it on Nadenka, the pin me as an accomplice. She didn't deserve it, and neither did I. So we escaped and..." He shrugged, still not good with explaining emotions after all that happened. "We connected. She cared about me in a way no one had before. I hadn't realized it was something I wanted. Needed."

------------------------------------------------------

Ergo Reseach - Hallway

- Rise -

Rise blinked in surprise as Lenka threw her arms around her in a sudden, tight hug. Wow, it must have been rough. That's what she got for thinking Marcus could finally pull this confession off.

The tears began to spill, and Lenka blurted out what happened. “Marcus told me that he’s been in love with me for a long time”, Lenka paused. “And I couldn’t say the words back. I just couldn’t. It’s not how I feel right now.”

Rise cringed. She hadn't expected that, of all scenarios. "Oh, Lenka..."

And poor Marcus, too. She knew all too well what he was feeling right now.

Lenka buried her face on Rise’s shoulder as more tears leaked out. “What am I supposed to do now? We are such good friends. What if that ruined everything? I don’t want to lose him,” she added quietly.

Rise squeezed back and sighed. Well, she was going to have to take some responsibility for this, and she couldn't let poor Lenka go into battle in this state.

"Come on," she told her, leading her into the adjoining hallway and over to a bench. Once they were seated, she patted Lenka's hand and smiled.

"You guys will be fine, trust me," Rise said. "I know from experience. I... uh... sort of told Jax I was in love with him before our assault on the capital. Then I kissed him."

She blushed. Ugh, it was still embarrassing to think about. She didn't regret it - she'd never regret developing feelings for someone as sweet and full of heart as Jax - but it wasn't her proudest moment either.

"He turned me down, of course, as gently he could. And it still hurt. A lot. But he was still my friend, someone I couldn't imagine not having in my life. It never crossed my mind to cut him out of my life." Rise smiled and squeezed Lenka's hand. "And if Marcus really loves you, there's no way he'd stop being friends with you over this either."

Apartment

- Raidon -

Arya smiled and shook her head. Naming, it seemed, was something they would have to do together.

"I look forward to it," Raidon replied, his eyes softening.

Then Arya gave him the news. The twins would be both a boy and a girl.

"A boy and a girl," he repeated softly, drinking in her joy. "We have a lot of planning to do."

A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. He wished more than anything he could come home to her right now, but he had something to finish first.

"I'll see you soon," he promised. "I love you, Arya."

He lingered a moment, then cut the call after her farewell. With a sigh, he stood and turned back for the lab.

Ergo Research - Com Room

- Ariana -

"As far as our DNA data bank is concerned, these are your biological parents."

Ariana stared at the display as information came up about her parents. So this was her father. And her mother.

At Alina's gesture, Ariana approached the screen to study them more closely. The woman was quite pretty, but there was nothing that particularly stood out about either. She wanted to feel something more, some kind of connection, but it was like looking at strangers.

Both dead. Both gone. Now she knew.

"Thank you," Ariana murmured. There was some relief in finally knowing, but a sinking weight in realizing this was the end of the road for her answers. "That's it then..."

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:03 pm

- Ehlana -

Ehlana patted Alexei's hand affectionately. It turned out she wasn't the only one who had experienced betrayal.

"I'm glad you managed to pull through it and that you're still alive," she said.

When he told her about Nadenka, she sat up straight to look at him. It surprised her. Alexei had never seemed like the type to settle down. At the same time, she could tell that he really cared about her, even with all the words he didn't say.

"I'm happy for you and Nadenka," she said with a smile.

They sat together in companionable silence for a few more minutes. Eventually Ehlana stood up.

"Thanks for this," she said. "I hadn't realized how much I needed it, even though we never used to need to talk."

"And now I'm going to take a hot shower. My clothes, my hair...everything is still sticky and salty from the sea water. And I feel like everything hurts."

Ehlana grimaced. She was sporting a purple bruise under her eye from her encounter with Kurik. Undoubtedly that wasn't the only bruise on her body.

"And then I'll try to get as much rest as I can before we have to head out."

-----------------------------

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Lenka -

It took a little while for the words to reach Lenka.

Streaks of tears still ran down her face, but she looked at Rise with undisguised curiosity.

"You were in love with Jax?"

While it made no sense, it made so much sense at the same time.

Lenka forced herself to focus. She couldn't get side-tracked now. In her mind she reflected the relationship she'd seen between Rise and Jax. They seemed like good friends. And from what James told her, they were very close friends. It never sounded like it was anything more.

"Hm."

Lenka took a deep breath and used her sleeve to wipe her face dry. All of the sudden, she felt childish and slightly embarrassed.

"I trust you," she finally said. "And I trust him. He said he wanted to stay friends no matter what."

"So I just have to try my best to make that work," she added with renewed eagerness. "Because our friendship is important to me too."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Aegis

- Alina -

That's it then...

The defeat in those words was enough for Alina to rest a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Not quite." She forced the words out as she tapped the screen. The display changed, shifting from Ariana's parents to an image of Jane. "This is Jane Doe, who would have been your half-sister, since the two of you shared the same mother."

"Unfortunately, she died during the fall of the Adalia administration."
Alina reached up to wipe away a tear before it had the chance to run down her cheek. "I'm sorry that you lost her before you could get to know her, because she was a wonderful woman."

"If you'd ever like to hear about her, I'd love to share the stories with you. It's what she would want."
Smiling now, she gave Ariana's shoulder a squeeze. "This woman was also my half-sister, through our father. So, while you and I share no blood with one another, you're my last link to her."

"In my family, we take care of our own. While Jane never accepted the name of Grey, it was always hers to take. Perhaps, someday, you'll accept that gift in her place."

---------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

"One of each, huh?" Lisa asked, just as Raidon turned in her direction. She'd come around the corner a moment before and had been about to leave when she heard him say it. "They're going to run you ragged." She continued with a grin.

"But before we get to that, I need to have a serious discussion with you about my sister." Lisa put her hands on her hips, suddenly looking menacing. "I've still not been invited to a wedding, and I'm not a fan of my sister as a single mother." She raised her hand before he could cut in. "And yes, I know you love her, but between you and me, the rest of the world doesn't know that. She's a working woman, and people talk. Maybe you should think about making your intentions clear before anyone else gets the wrong idea."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:37 pm

- Ehlana -

When Ehlana stood up, Alexei followed suit and nodded at her.

"Yes, you need a good wash," he said, offering a teasing smirk.

He patted her shoulder and watched her leave before returning to Nadenka. She smiled as he entered the room, and he once more resumed a position against the wall and held out his arm for her to lean against.

"Back with the Army again," he said, looking at her. "You okay with that?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Rise -

Rise blushed as Lenka cocked her head, staring at her curiously.

"Yeah... not something I really advertise, for obvious reasons," she said, picking at her cheek.

Fortunately, Lenka seemed to turn her focus back on herself. And after a deep breath, she pulled herself together.

"I trust you. And I trust him. He said he wanted to stay friends no matter what. So I just have to try my best to make that work," she added with renewed eagerness. "Because our friendship is important to me too."

Rise smiled. "Good. Now that your head is in the game, let's find James and get ready for this fight."

She took Lenka's hand, and the two headed off.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ergo Research - Com Bridge

- Ariana -

Jane Doe...

Ariana stared at the picture. Wait, she knew that name. When Farrington had made her study the previous government, she'd seen that name listed among the Army's top agents.

That... was her half-sister?

"Unfortunately, she died during the fall of the Adalia administration."

Ariana looked at Alina. That news didn't surprise her, but what did was Alina's reaction, wiping a tear away at the memory of Jane.

"I'm sorry that you lost her before you could get to know her, because she was a wonderful woman. If you'd ever like to hear about her, I'd love to share the stories with you. It's what she would want."

Ariana nodded, surprised but hopeful as Alina squeezed her shoulder. It wouldn't be the same as having family around, but it would be nice to at least have some stories to hold onto.

"This woman was also my half-sister, through our father. So, while you and I share no blood with one another, you're my last link to her."

"What?" Ariana stared, eyes wide. Jane was Alina Grey's half-sister as well. It was hard to believe.

"In my family, we take care of our own. While Jane never accepted the name of Grey, it was always hers to take. Perhaps, someday, you'll accept that gift in her place."

If the first statement was enough to stun her, this next one made her completely speechless. After everything... she'd really take her in like that?

"I..." Ariana murmured, looking away. "I don't know what to say."

The doors opened, and Kokonoe strolled in.

"I hate to break this up," she said, "but I have an update. We've confirmed that the Old Guard forces have stopped advancing on the capital and are on standby while they try to decide what to do."

"It worked?" Ariana exclaimed.

Kokonoe nodded. "For now. But we need to secure the capital before Maxim's group there figures out what's happened and finds a way to convince them otherwise."

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Raidon -

"One of each, huh? They're going to run you ragged."

Raidon turned in surprise to find Lisa grinning at him. He couldn't help but crack a smile as well. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous, but it wasn't the same fear he'd had before. He couldn't keep that fear, not when he felt so... hopeful.

"But before we get to that, I need to have a serious discussion with you about my sister." Lisa put her hands on her hips, suddenly looking menacing. "I've still not been invited to a wedding, and I'm not a fan of my sister as a single mother."

Raidon opened his mouth, but she raised her hand before he could cut in. "And yes, I know you love her, but between you and me, the rest of the world doesn't know that. She's a working woman, and people talk. Maybe you should think about making your intentions clear before anyone else gets the wrong idea."

She had a good point. Raidon stroked his chin and nodded to himself. It wasn't as though he hadn't thought of proposing to Ariana many times before. Somehow, he just hadn't been able to do it. Maybe, he'd subconsciously been leaving the door open for her, for something better...

But no. She loved him. She wanted a family with him, chose him as a father to her children. He felt a fool for even waiting this long to decide to do it.

"You're right," he said, nodding. "Once we take care of this crisis... I'm going to ask her."

But there was something he needed to make clear, to make sure there was no misunderstanding here at all about his motivations.

"I don't disagree with you. Your points are all valid," he said. "But I'm asking her for one reason alone. I want her to be my wife. That's all."

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:50 am

Nadenka

Nadenka smiled warmly when Alexei came back, and she did not try to hide her passion for him at all. She felt like he left her for long time, perhaps herself was... When Alexei held out his arm to lean against, she did. Not only that, but she could not help herself to burrow her head to his chest.

"Back with the Army again," Said Alexei and her eyes met his. "You okay with that?" She smiled warmly, "Don't forget, I was and still am soldier, too." Then she held him tightly, "I don't think army is that bad if I could be with you. But you know, after all this... I really want to start a family, our family." Then realizing that she might be asking too sudden, and too fast, she quickly let go of Alexei, turning around, looking at the wall. Her face turned red.

"I mean, I would like to know you, know you in...in..." she gave silent gulped, "intimate relationship...?" Was it because she felt like this was going to be a hard battle? Or was she that jealous of Ehlana internally that much? Nadenka was not so sure, but it seems like through Alexei she was experiencing things that she thought she would never experience again. She was definitely in love with this man.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Ergo Research - Training Ground
Luke

Luke gently practiced his martial art form, moving to one place to another, like an air gently breezing through the trees and obstacles. If anyone saw his movement, one may mistake it as if he was dancing. Then Luke's movement became much solid, and roared with power. Soon he ended with letting go of long breath. Then Luke sighed, he could not believe that he was not able to tell Lenka what he felt, and in itself frustrated him. Then again, how could he tell that to the girl who was crying.

What he wanted was Lenka's smile, not her tears. Luke lips were curled, he was not so sure anymore. Then he gave himself palm slap on his face. "Concentrate, Luke! Its important that I do my best so that everyone could come back in one piece!"

'That might be too late' said the voice in his head, a negative thought that he had for some time.

Luke shook his head hard, trying to get rid of it. He clenched his fists, his eyes burning in determination. "Who cares! I want her to smile that's all!" Then Luke rubbed his neck, blushing as that actually came out from his mouth.

He cleared his throat, and gently breathed in and out, refocusing his concentration for upcoming battle.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 am

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Lenka & James -

Lenka nodded and wiped her eyes one last time. They walked down the hallway and after a few minutes found James. He was in the storage room where they kept all their weapons and the equipment from the cruiser.

He stood at the table, inspecting his katanas. Next to him Rise's fans, already looking clean and sharp. When he heard them approach, James turned around.

Lenka looked a lot better and he smiled at her. Thankfully Rise seemed to have found the right words.

"I got your fans ready," he said to Rise.

"And I have something for you," he said to Lenka.

Lenka raised her eyebrows. Up until now she didn't really feel like James had been on board with her even going to the Palace.

He handed her a handful of silver chain. The links weren't as clunky but rather slender and delicate. Yet it looked very sturdy. It measured about 2 - 2.5 meters (6.5 - 8.2 feet) and the end was fittet with small spikes and a longer sharp tip at the end.

"I figured if I can't stop you from going, I might as well make sure you're well prepared," he said. "And -"

Before he could say anything else, Lenka had thrown her arms around her brother in a tight hug. James patted her head. He hadn't expected such a strong reaction, but given the fact that they were heading into a dangerous situation, he wanted them to be on the same page.

"It's okay," he said. "Just promise you'll be careful. I know you're a strong girl, but sometimes you tend to be a bit reckless."

Lenka nodded and released James from her hug. "Thank you," she said.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Aegis

- Alina -

"You don't have to say anything right now." Alina responded as she pulled herself away from Ariana. "Consider it a standing invitation."

She nodded at to Kokonoe as she made her way towards the door. "I'll gather the troops then."

"Ariana, the room where we brought you dinner is yours for now. I can't thank you enough for what you've done to help us get rid of Maxim, but it might be best if you didn't wander the facility too much, considering the prior circumstances."
Alina turned, giving the young woman a weak smile. "Not that I don't trust you, but the less trouble you have the chance of getting into right now, the better for your case."

- Lisa -

Lisa waited until Raidon finished before giving him an approving nod. "Good answer."

Grinning, as if she'd just won the battle, Lisa turned on one heel and marched down the hallway, leaving Raidon to his thoughts. At least now, if anything happened to her, she'd know that Arya would be well taken care of.

To be honest, she'd known that for a while already, but sometimes, a girl just needs verbal confirmation about these things. Men could be so dense sometimes...

Her mind wandered for a moment back to Alex, and she gritted her teeth. Yeah, like a lead block.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:09 am

- Alexei -

Nadenka snuggled into him, content with their circumstances as long as the were together.

"But you know, after all this..."

"Hmm?" Alexei let out a deep rumble, closing his eyes as he waited for her to continue.

"I really want to start a family, our family."

Alexei's eyes flew open. Family? He whipped his head around to look at Nadenka, but she'd turned away to hide her face from him - not that it stopped him from noticing the red of her ears. Alexei tried to speak, but his voice seemed to be lodged in his throat.

"I mean, I would like to know you, know you in...in..." She gulped, "am intimate relationship...?"

He laughed. That probably wasn't the reaction she was expecting - hell, neither as he - but he couldn't help the rumbling laugh that burst out. He grinned at her and shook his head.

"How about we try a date before we try making babies?" he asked, pressing a kiss to her temple.

--------------------------------------------------

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Rise -

Rise and Lenka found James in the storage room, where he presented Rise's fans all clean and ready to go.

"Thanks," she said, kissing his cheek before stepping aside to let him address Lenka.

To her surprise, he presented his sister with a weapon to go into battle, and she reacted with an enthusiastic hug. Rise grinned, happy to see them reconciled and on the same page for once.

"I think you might be the first girl to hug someone after being given a spikey chain," she said, giggling.

--------------------------------------------------

Ergo Research - Com Bridge

- Ariana -

Ariana nodded as Alina let the offer hover in limbo for now. Hopefully, there would be time and space to consider it properly later.

Alina turned to leave and gather the others to return to the capital, but she paused to address Ariana one last time.

"Ariana, the room where we brought you dinner is yours for now. I can't thank you enough for what you've done to help us get rid of Maxim, but it might be best if you didn't wander the facility too much, considering the prior circumstances." Alina gave her a weak smile. "Not that I don't trust you, but the less trouble you have the chance of getting into right now, the better for your case."

"But..." Ariana's eyes widened. "You're not taking me?"

It was probably for the best. There's no way Maxim would let her stroll back into the capital without making sure she ended up a martyr for his cause as quickly as possible. Even so...

"I can still help," she murmured.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:38 am

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Lenka & James -

Lenka looked at Rise and then at the chain in her hands. The comedy of the moment occurred to her and she started giggling as well. It felt good, after everything that happened. It made her happy.

"You're right," she said, still chuckling. "I can live with that. Not every girl wants flowers." Lenka grinned. Her mood had clearly improved and she'd regained some of her lightheartedness.

James simply shook his head, amused.

"Do you need anything else, Lenka?" he asked her. "If so, it might be best to grab the rest of your gear. I feel like there's not much time left."

Almost hesitating, he paused before he asked the next question. "Also, how are you feeling since your strain awoke? Did you eat something?"

Lenka's eyes narrowed for a second, but it looked like it was only his normal level of worry.

"I'm actually feeling pretty good," she said. "I haven't even felt any of the weakness I had before a fainting spell. It's like I have a lot of extra energy now."

James nodded, choosing not to comment any further. She looked good too, not tired or weak, but energized.

"I'm gonna grab the rest of my stuff," Lenka said. "Where do I meet you later?" Waiting for the answer, she headed back to her room afterwards.

James exhaled audibly when Lenka left.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:05 am

Nadenka

"Of course, that's what I mena!" Said Nadenka in protest, and she was about to explain to Alexei that he got it wrong, but that did not happen as Alexei's kiss on her temple. Nadenka just held Alexei's arms tight, smiling, "You know, maybe I am not very good person. Just losing you from my sight made me feel worried." Nadenka gave little chuckle, "I mean, you have a fault in this you know. You did sound like you enjoyed many women's embrace." said Nadenka, letting go of Alexei's arm to turn around and face him, her arms and hands gently and tightly wrapped around Alexei's neck and her playful, yet gentle eyes met Alexei's eyes. "You sure you had enough time? I thought you two needed more time." Said Nadenka, somewhat worried that her presence had influenced him to rush things.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Luke Jaron

Luke sighed, and his eyes stared at the ceiling aimlessly. Even after the good warm up, and extremely good cold shower, did not help him. Then he stopped, shaking his head. "I could never..." then he spotted Lenka, who looked like in better mood. Luke then sighed in relief and could not stop himself, but smile in relief as well. Then Luke quickly take long breath, and breathed out. Whatever happened between Lenka and Marcus, he should not be affected, Luke told himself.

"This is it." Luke muttered it to himself, "Hi, Lenka." and Luke waved at her. Luke cleared his throat. "I woul-would like to speak to you. If you are okay, that is." There was still shyness in Luke that he could not control, but he was determined to tell her how he felt about her. Luke hoped that he would not make her cry, and he hoped he won't be crying after what hears.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 am

Aegis

- Alina -

She paused at the door, her hand resting on the frame, and considered Ariana's words. Although she was glad to hear that the young woman still had a measure of determination, Alina wasn't particularly thrilled that this was the moment she chose to exercise it.

"You've already helped more than you know." Alina responded.

Turning to look in Ariana's direction, she realized the words wouldn't be enough.

"If you go with us, you'll have a target on your back, and if Maxim can remove you from the field, he might be able to rally the Old Guard again by telling them that we killed you." She sighed, hoping that Ariana would understand. "That means all those people you just saved from needless conflict could be dragged back into this, not to mention the fact that you'd be dead."

"Don't get me wrong, but we've only just had our first civil conversation with one another. I'd kind of like to keep you around for a while."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Lenka -

Lenka was still on her way to her room, when she suddenly heard footsteps behind her. Slightly surprised she turned around. It was Luke.

Lenka smiled. Luke seemed to have something on his mind, but it took him a few seconds to get the words out. His shyness was somewhat adorable.

"Of course. What is it, Luke?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Ergo Research - Hallway
Luke Jaron

"Oh, uh... You see..." Luke cleared his throat, "ummm.... So....." Luke was had to clear his throat once again. Luke sighed, he never felt so nervous.

"S-so.." He sighed, "I mean, can we speak some where else... privately?" Luke thought himself, 'YES I finally said it!' But, another thought came to his mind, 'but where?' He definitely did not show much of panic, but his heart was racing. He hoped he was the only one who is hearing such beating of his heart.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Ergo Research - Hallway

- Lenka -

Lenka raised her eyebrows. Something surely had Luke worked up. He really had trouble finding his words.

"Sure," she agreed and looked around. A little further down the hallway she could see another door. As they approached it, she knocked and then opened it. The room was empty, so she went inside.

Turning around to see if Luke had followed, she hooked her thumbs in her back pockets.

"So, what is it that's so important?"
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Ergo Research - Hallway
Luke Jaron

While Luke was in somewhat panic mode, Lenka found a place where they could talk privately. As they went in together, Luke smiled warmly and commented. “You really are something, it would have taken me for awhile to find some place like this.”

When Lenka asked him what was so important that he had to tell her, Luke breathed in and out. He tried to calm himself down.

“Well... I don’t know if it’s important to you... but it is very important to me.” Luke looked at Lenka, his eyes finally finding the courage to look at Lenka, “Lenka,” Said Luke, and he quickly made a bow at Lenka, his face turning pink, “could I be your boyfriend?”
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Ergo Research

- Lenka -

Lenka leaned back against one of the tables, prepared to listen.

Luke's question caught her off guard. Her mouth fell open. This couldn't be happening. Not in one day.

It was... unexpected. How had she not seen how Luke felt about her?

Lenka's expression softened.

"Luke, I'm really sorry," she said. "You're a really good friend and a good person, but I don't think that's possible. That's not how I feel about you."

She touched his shoulder lightly, hoping he wouldn't be too upset with her.

"I appreciate the feelings you have for me," Lenka hesitated. "And you will find someone who will love you back. Hopefully we can stay friends?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 38 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next