Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Tue May 24, 2016 4:01 pm

Aurora's sobs finally began to subside. Jordan released his hold on her and helped her to her feet.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be callous, but we have to get off this mountain before we catch hypothermia," he said. Aurora nodded, still holding onto his hand. Jordan gave her a reassuring smile, then looked around for Mati. He didn't know what to think about him know, but there would be time for that later.

"Come on," he said, leading the way into the woods. They trudged along through the snow - pained, exhausted, and cold.

"Hey, I know this might be a little soon," he said, but how did you pull it off?"

Aurora swallowed thickly and stared out into the woods.

"I found your bottle in the woods. I knew she would try to turn me, so I swallowed your bottle of ashes to get it in my blood. I kept my own as a decoy."

He had to hand it to her. That was really smart. Of course, she would know Larka's weakness. Bram had demonstrated it earlier as well.

"Family..." he thought. It always seemed to come back to that.

"Where did he go?" Aurora asked abruptly. He knew who she meant, and he wished he had an answer.

Suddenly, they heard voices up ahead. They hurried forward and caught sight of Hannah, scythe raised.

All thought of what he'd seen before went out the window. Jordan sprinted forward, Aurora's cry of dismay so much white noise in his ears.

"Hey, stop!" he roared, rushing between Hannah and Mati.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Tue May 24, 2016 11:51 pm

Mati heard Jordan's cry, Mati smiled, thinking he probably was imagining and hearing things..

However, the scythe he waited did not come to end his life. Surprised by how long it was taking Hannah to slash him, Mati opened his eyes. 

Mati was shocked to find Jordan standing between Hannah and Mati.

Hannah eyes became narrowed as Jordan came between Mati and her scythe,  her eyes stared at him coldly.

"Step aside, mortal.  He might have saved your life, but that doesn't mean you could do the same for him."

The cold eyes of Hannah looked at Mati then back to Jordan. "He had made his promise and he broke it. He is ready to meet the consequences of his action. Do not interfere, mortal."

Mati tightened his jaws, "Yes, Jordan. Please, let her do her job. I am... My existence would put this world in danger." 

Mati's eyes were cast down, and he was on his knees.

Hannah glanced at Mati, then she looked at Jordan once again. "Move, mortal. Do not test my patience."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Wed May 25, 2016 1:04 am

Fighting against a perfect chimera like Larka Van Helsing had been a frightening experience. But staring down a reaper was downright terrifying.

Still, Jordan held his ground. He swallowed thickly, but he refused to flinch, even as the scythe glinted menacingly out of the corner of his eye.

"Screw you and your patience," he growled. "I'm not moving."

He glanced back at Mati. He didn't fully comprehend what was going on - he only had a vague impression that the power Mati had displayed earlier had something to do with it - but he didn't care.

"If I learned anything in the Army," he said, "it's that you never leave a man behind. You want him? Then go through me."

It looked like he wouldn't be able to keep his promise to see his family, but he hoped somehow they would understand. Cause his comrades... they were family too.

"And me."

Jordan blinked as Aurora stepped slowly toward the group. She was afraid too, but there was a cool determination in her eyes as she placed herself next to Jordan.

"He made a promise and helped me. So now, I'll help him," she said simply. Jordan managed a faint smile, then turned back to regard the reaper.

"Well?" he asked. "What's it going to be?"

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Wed May 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Hannah bite her lips, staring at the two mortals. Her cold eyes were loosen then she sighed and let her weapon dissolved into thin air. 

"Remember this, mortals. You might be thinking that this is saving his life, but it is not. It would be better for him to die for your world, for heaven, and even for hell."

Hannah cold eyes shot back at Mati; Mati's eyes were cast down, still sitting on his knees. He looked like a repenting sinner; he looked like he had committed great sin against humanity he had promised to protect. 

Mati's shoulder that somehow always looked heavy, looked even heavier than before. It looked like someone had placed another burden on his shoulder that no one could understand.

"You live for now, Matityahu Grey. But, when I come back... Depending on my boss' decision, I will end your life." Hannah turned around gracefully walking away from the group. Then she glanced at them once again. 

"Well, angels might start their hunt for you as well, they must have felt your power's hungriness. In my honest opinion, I do not trust Jericho to be powerful enough to put leash on every angels. In other words, you might have to worry not just about me, but angels too. When they start to hunt you, you might as well give up your life, Matityahu. If you don't, you might lose more than your life. 

Hannah let out a long sigh, then she faced forward again.

"Mortals may have recorded them that they are merciful than demons, but they are not so different from the demons. Remember this Matityahu and mortals, some demons were once angels."

Then the reaper herself made an exit, the deathly graceful figure was no longer there. Mati bite his lips, his voice trembling. "You shouldn't have stopped her... You should have let her kill me..."

But before he could speak more, Mati felt unexplained tiredness, it looked like something was awaken inside him and it had drained him... No, it looked like some kind of barrier inside him broke. A voice whispered into his head, a familiar voice. "Rest, my child."

Mati made his fall to the white snowy ground.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Wed May 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Day was breaking as they reached the old church. Jordan hefted Mati higher up on his shoulder and pushed open the heavy wooden doors.

The scene was quite somber. Bram's body lay on the steps to the pulpit, draped with a purple cloth. Ava was still sitting on the front pew, asleep. Sera was standing a little ways off, still stress smoking. She looked up at the sound of the doors, guarded relief in her expression.

"You're all okay?" she asked, hurrying over. Jordan set Mati down on an empty pew, his body aching.

"We're intact, I guess," he said. Between the unconscious Mati, his blood-stained chest, and Aurora's bloody neck, they weren't a cheerful sight.

"Come on," Sera said, waving them both over. "Sit down, and I'll treat you both. Then you can tell me what happened."

Jordan nodded, and Aurora followed silently in his wake. When they reached the front, he caught sight of Pip, his head in Ava's lap. He still looked pale, but he was no longer trembling. His shirt had been unbuttoned, and his face, neck, and chest were covered in sweat. It looked like he'd gone through a bad fever.

"Is he going to be okay?" Jordan asked quietly so as not to wake them. Sera nodded.

"Yeah, he'll pull through," she said as Jordan removed his shirt for her to treat his wound. "How about Mati?"

Jordan's brow furrowed as he looked over at Mati.

"I don't know."

------------------

"You didn't do it."

It wasn't a question. Death didn't even look up as he took another bite of his bacon cheesburger, grease pooling around the edges of the bun. He'd heard it said that Texas had some of the best burgers in the country, but he'd needed to try it for himself.

"I assume you have something to say," he added, looking up for the first time at Hannah. He was not surprised to see apprehension in one of his reaper's faces - even one of his favorites. Angels might go through their rebelious phases, and loyalty in demons was a lost cause altogether, but a reaper always knew their place.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Wed May 25, 2016 8:21 pm

"Give me one more chance, Boss. I had unexpected obstacles, but when I find him again, I am definitely sure I could end his life."

Hannah said it confidently, her cold eyes unwavering. Many reapers who had been signed up as watcher of their target, they start to develop emotions. However, Hannah was different. She was one of a kind who knew when to throw away such feelings when it comes to her work.

"Even he did not use his power to harm anyone, being able to summon such flames, he must be eliminated."

She added, Hannah was surprised by herself by reporting 'extra' detail of what had happened. She curled her lips, maybe she did develop some emotion towards her target. However, it was still clear to Death that she was still capable of slaying Matityahu Grey, who Death had called miracle child.

It depended on Death's decision now; if he ordered Hannah to kill Matityahu, she would definitely use all of her powers to do so. If not, Hannah would be protecting Matityahu with a condition that Death would like to place on him.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 pm

"Obstacles."

Death said the words dryly, dipping a drooping French fry into some ketchup. He pointed it at her, then the chair across from him.

"Sit," he ordered. He turned his attention back to the fry and popped it into his mouth. He chewed it thoughtfully, then dabbed at his mouth with a napkin.

"Death does not deal in hypotheticals," he said, his eyes piercing. "Death is absolutes."

He picked up his burger once more and bit into it.

"The boy has done nothing. Leave him," Death said. The conversation appeared to be over. As Death seemed to entirely ignore Hannah, it seemed safe for her to leave. As she got up, however, he set his burger down.

"He doesn't listen well to warnings though, does he?" Death said abruptly, looking thoughtfully into the distance. "Next time it happens, kill one of his friends. I'm sure he'll get the point."

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu May 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Hannah's cold eyes were cast down, she expected it would come to this.

"Yes, boss." Hannah voice had no emotion, it sounded like she was expecting such order to be given.

With that answer, she was gone. 

Mati finally opened his eyes, and he quickly got off from where he was. His hands covering his eyes, "Why am I still alive?"

It looked like Mati was not aware of where he was, nor who he was with.

"Why... Why am I still breathing?"

He sounded like a person who wished to die, but did not lose his life by unwanted luck.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu May 26, 2016 6:41 pm

The group looked around at Mati. Jordan had been patched up, the only visible indicator being the gauze visible through the tears in his shirt. Sera was just finishing up with Aurora, adding gauze to the side of her neck.

"Don't start with a pity party," Sera said, snapping her first aid kit shut. "We have enough misery here to go around."

As soon as Sera had finished with Aurora, she withdrew to the pulpit and sat beside Bram's body. Sera watched her go, then sighed and joined Jordan as he approached Mati.

"You all right?" Jordan asked, his brow furrowed. Sera gave an impatient huff.

"Look," she said, placing her hands on her hips, "I asked for all the details, and what I got was a patchwork story with more holes than Swiss cheese. I pressed for answers, and these two-"

She hooked a thumb in Jordan and Aurora's direction.

"-told me I would have to ask you. So, out of respect for them, I waited and didn't force the truth. Now, do you want to tell me the whole story?"

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:30 pm

Mati looked at Jordan and then towards Sera, he bite his lips. He was not so sure about he should let them know what he is...

Then again, he knew too well that he could no longer hide it. Maybe... After learning truth about him, they would put him down...?

"I... I am not a human." Said Mati heavily, "I am being born from an angel and a demon... The reaper was supposed to kill me if I use my power..."

Mati bite his lips, he was not so sure how they would react to that, he gave out another sighed and spoke "... Angels and Demons believe I have powers to destroy this world... "
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:53 am

Jordan looked away at Mati's words. Sera merely folded her arms and closed her eyes, thinking deeply for a few moments.

"Do you?" she asked calmly. Jordan turned back toward her, surprised by the question. It wasn't the reaction he'd expected.

"Well, if this is going to be a problem, we need to know how to handle it," the Winchester replied, shrugging. "Although I wish it could have waited."

She looked back at Aurora sitting with her ancestor's corpse and Ava holding Pip's recovering body. Jordan frowned, understanding what she meant.

"He's not going to destroy anything," he said tightly, although part of him was feeling a bit distant from Mati. Was it the surprise of seeing the extent of his powers? The fear of seeing his friend so ready to accept death? The anger of seeing him suddenly dive into this shell of a man?

Maybe he wasn't being sympathetic or understanding, but he couldn't help it. A lot was happening all at once.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:31 am

"It's alright, Jordan. M.o.L should view me as a threat if they must."

Mati smiled weakly, even though, he had revealed his secret to Sera and possibly to M.O.L, an organization that might hunt him down along with angels and demons, he felt his shoulder becoming lighter.

"You do not need to worry about me right now though, at this very moment, the power is still within my control."

He assured Sera and Jordan, his eyes staring at his hand.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:51 pm

Sera and Jordan were uncomfortably silent for a moment. Then, there was a sudden groan from behind them. Both whipped around to see Ava give a start and stare down at her lap.

"P...Pip?" she whispered. Pip had opened his eyes and was staring weakly up at her. He attempted a smile.

"Hey."

Ava broke out in fresh tears and immediately bent her head to press her lips to his. Pip sighed as she pulled away a moment later, his eyes twinkling.

"If I knew this would happen, I'd have had a near-death experience sooner," he muttered, voice scratchy. Ava laughed and scowled at the same time.

"Don't you dare put me through this again," she said. She buried her face in his hair.

"God, Pip... I thought we were gonna lose you," she sobbed. Jordan sighed and approached them.

"Give him some air, Ava," he said, frowning. "He just woke up."

Ava glared at him through blood-shot eyes, but let go of Pip all the same. Pip tried to sit up, but he winced and looked dizzy.

"Take it easy," Sera said. "You went through quite an ordeal."

Pip looked around at all of them, taking inventory.

"Everyone's okay?" he asked. Jordan grimaced and cast an eye back at Bram's shrouded body.

"Not everyone."

Pip looked over at Aurora, still seated beside the body, and his face fell.

"Don't," Sera said, putting a gentle hand on his shoulder. "We need you here with us, Pip. Don't ever feel sorry about that."

Pip attempted to nod, but stopped with a wince. He still wasn't looking great.

"Fortunately for you," Sera said. "All of you, really, there's going to be plenty of time to rest and recuperate. I don't want to see any of you hunting for at least this month."

Pip smiled, especially when Ava took his hand.

"And I'm not letting you out of my sight till then," she said. "No arguments."

"I wouldn't dream of it," he said, smiling and brushing his thumb across her hand.

--------------------

Sera left the two lovebirds alone, shaking her head. Pip and Ava... How did she not see that one?

Pushing the thought aside, she sat down beside Aurora and sighed.

"What's next for you?" she asked. Aurora didn't respond for a few moments. Then, slowly, she raised her head.

"Back home," she replied. "I'm all that's left of the Van Helsings. I have to carry on Grandfather's legacy."

"Last of a long line," Sera said, inclining her head respectfully in Bram's direction. "It's a heavy mantle, but you can manage it."

Aurora couldn't manage much of a smile, but she nodded gratefully.

"Thank you," she said. "All of you."

Her gaze drifted to Jordan and Mati in particular. She didn't know what was the full extent of what the fall-out of tonight would be for them, but she knew they would need each other to get through it.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:38 am

Mati's eyes looked towards Aurora's direction as she said her thanks, but soon his eyes were cast down. "... I did nothing to deserve your thanks..." Mati rose up, and walked passed everyone.

"...I take my leave..." Said Mati, his voice deep and sad. He headed out, trying to leave the group before 'he' may ruin everyone's mood.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Mati made it outside into the cold light of dawn. The town might have been asleep, just like any other, were it not for the stain of blood on the stones where Bram had once laid. For a moment, the image of Larka slaying the grieving Bram tore through his mind.

The moment at which everything had gone so wrong.

"So, that's it?"

From behind Mati, Jordan spoke. He stared at Mati, showing the signs of the physical, mental, and emotional toll the previous night had taken on him. He rubbed a hand over his face, not sure if he wanted to hit Mati or hug him.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:09 am

Mati bite his lips, even though he did not get so well with Bram, he and Mati had something in common.

They wanted to keep their identity hidden, and not just because they maybe hunted down, but for the sake of the world they live in. 

Bram failed, and he too failed miserably...

Then there was a voice of whom Mati did not know how to react any more.

It was Jordan, "So, that's it?" Said Jordan, Mati turned around. Mati's eyes, however, avoided him. "You should have let the reaper kill me, Jordan. I was prepared for it."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 am

Jordan felt his temper rise. They way Mati avoided his gaze, the painful words he said...

"Yeah, well, maybe I wasn't," Jordan growled. He ran a hand across his short hair and sighed.

"I thought I understood you. We both wanted to control our power. We both wanted to see our families. Now you're recklessly pulling out your power, talking about dying, not caring if you see your family again."

Jordan had to will his breathing to slow. His heart was hammering hard against his chest.

"Fine," he said, more quietly. "I'm going to go back and see my family, like I promised. You can do whatever you want."

Jordan turned and headed back inside. He knew he should try to understand, shouldn't leave things like this, but he was too upset to make sense of things right now. The best thing he could do for himself right now was to cool off and try to repair the relationships he did still have.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:06 am

Mati's head was raise and stared blankly at Jordan's back. He held his hand high to grab Jordan, but he could not.

The moment he hesitated, Jordan was already too far away from him. Mati cast his eyes down and turned his back once more.

He walked towards his car, probably the only place for him to call home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line   Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line - Page 2 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Supernatural: Legacy - Last of a Long Line
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2