Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Good thing my guy basically focuses on good old fashion stealth and brute-force nuking.

Hey, at least you didn't have to tweak mine so much Nexy~
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:04 pm

No I'm not going for strong, I'm going for casual Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 4134108735

all his spells are at novice level

they're all mostly basic strength so they won't be doing that much damage. I definitely don't see me one-shot anyone with these spells. Probably have to do at least 3 times to kill an enemy. D:

also we're supposed to level up, so the spells will only be powerful when the character is of high level :0

Don't get fooled by the descriptons. It's the same in all games. The spell power level only increases over time (as you put points in them) but the spell description stays the same :/

Also I'm not demanding. Every time you've said no, I just made a new spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 4287004830
And you gave us option of 20 spells/skills so I don't think I'm breaking any rules Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3769223626
Sorry to frustrate you. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 4134108735

Hey I added a PasteBin link in the above character sheet.
You can simply copy the text from the RAW section and paste it. It'll make your life of editing very easy Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2996506124 Take your rest Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 442579085
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:13 pm

@Spirit: Yours had clear goal; disruption, stealth and killings enemies before they detect you.

Ghosty, on the other hand, need to be tweaked or else we are going to have a character that's not going to reach its full potential before the final boss fight.

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2416964522 No, Ghosty, I am not saying you are breaking the rule in that category, it just that when you try to be perfect character (like trying to have no visible weakness per se) in this story, you will become the most slowest growth character and the RP will end without one of your character fully developed.

The reason why Leon asks Samir to become a team player is because he wanted Samir to give a space so that he could develop his skills into perfection while others would cover the areas that he might not put too much focus, not because he felt Samir was really weak.

In any case, yes, I need a rest... Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 621929346

May be I am feeling like this because I have not been sleeping well Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2416964522
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm a bloody human and there are monsters.. monsters I say... a lot of them.
Ofcourse I have a weakness. My head and limbs can be easily ripped apart Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 1347326296

This is not earth and its animals and we are not veteran hunters. It's more like humans versus the Dinosaurs. So having a little self-defence help may not be enough Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3694477269

Plus I wanted to call (summon) Captain Planet Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627 
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:29 pm

If you have simple magic to cycle, and because of that you are able to perform dozens of the powerful summons (that are elementals)... Now that's already itself an OP character, but I will gladly approve it.

This is just a hint of what you could have made your character as... You probably doesn't need other offensive spells or whatsoever when your character master elemental summons to the master tier level because you would have your elementals to defend or attack....

I was really hoping someone to bring "elementals" aspect since so many games talk about elementals (Some game used as summons, some used as bosses, some used as some kind of beings to help you with the quest...)

In any case...elementals are going to be powerful... I am out...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Lol. I feel sorry for you, Nex. But yes, the more open your character creation, the more problems you'll have to deal with. Even maling it restrictive doesn't guarantee ease, as people will always try to push the limits.

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Marie-Sig-200

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Yes Illya, I am learning that lesson in hard way..
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Spiriter wrote:
Good thing my guy basically focuses on good old fashion stealth and brute-force nuking~

You do realize those are completely contradictory skill sets, don't you? The only reason to use stealth is to avoid battles you're not strong enough to handle.

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Spiriter wrote:
Good thing my guy basically focuses on good old fashion stealth and brute-force nuking~

You do realize those are completely contradictory skill sets, don't you? The only reason to use stealth is to avoid battles you're not strong enough to handle.

Illya. I'm a glass cannon. Stealth helps quite a bit when I want to get a hit in without dying.

In game terms, I'd be something like an Assassin.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:37 pm

hehehe I'm always pushing Nex to the limits so that he can be able to take over the world
Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 37650902
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:40 pm

@Spirit: Illya has a point though, your character would be using novice set of skills so it would be hard battle until your damaging abilities become decent.

@Illya: I think Spirit wanted to be some kind of assassin so I let him. However, could he utilize it to the fullest? Well, that depends on Spirit's skill Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627

@Ghosty: Well I am not so sure about that, but I really hope you get what I mean...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Assassins aren't glass cannons. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2332200876 Something like a black mage would be a glass cannon, using super destructive spells but dying in one hit. To play them correctly, you stick them in the back lines to stay safe and wreck things up. Assassin/thief types are an entirely different style. They don't deal nearly as much damage but attack quick and often. It's the death of 1000 cuts.

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Well, with pure wind spells, I don't have much defence. But yea, my skill set was made so I could throw as many high-damage attacks as possible without getting hit. Just to increase my survivability.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Nexius wrote:
@Spirit: Illya has a point though, your character would be using novice set of skills so it would be hard battle until your damaging abilities become decent.

@Illya: I think Spirit wanted to be some kind of assassin so I let him. However, could he utilize it to the fullest? Well, that depends on Spirit's skill Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627

@Ghosty: Well I am not so sure about that, but I really hope you get what I mean...

I always use this kind of character in games so, I should be good xD
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:57 pm

you said 500 posts of using weapon smith skill (or Armor) to reach the next level and again for the higher level..etc

Practically in story-mode, one can not be seen making 500 posts, one after the other, just to increase his level one tier. It'll take much more than double of that and getting 500 posts by itself is not practical. (in an online game, yeah sure you can spend your time being a smith till you master it and then start on story mode /quests) but onver here, its not a simple thing to do Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3694477269 ( one may not be getting the opportunity or freedom to do stuff like that)

So leveling up a summoning skill to master level or any spell, will take a long time. and by that time. one relying on weak or non-offensive spells would be too risky (in my opinion / thinking) 

Ocourse I could be worng but hey, I'm not the GM so I can't know all that stuff Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627

For Example: when I played Skyrim or Oblivion or any elder scrolls game: What I did was choose my spells during character creation and then started spamming them onto walls till I leveled them up as the mechanic was to just use it to level it. It didn't matter if you killed something or not, you just had to use it over time.

So I did that and reached all my skills to master level while my character was still lvl 1 and then next I went and did the story, kill monsters with master level skills. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2079203061 
 Though I had to run away and heal when I would get hit   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 309538222
So yes, doing that in a Solo-game is doable but in a group activity, everyone has to keep moving and can't hold the others back, just so that they could level themselves up :/
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:
No I'm not going for strong, I'm going for casual Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 4134108735

all his spells are at novice level

they're all mostly basic strength so they won't be doing that much damage. I definitely don't see me one-shot anyone with these spells. Probably have to do at least 3 times to kill an enemy. D:

also we're supposed to level up, so the spells will only be powerful when the character is of high level :0

Don't get fooled by the descriptons. It's the same in all games. The spell power level only increases over time (as you put points in them) but the spell description stays the same :/

Also I'm not demanding. Every time you've said no, I just made a new spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 4287004830
And you gave us option of 20 spells/skills so I don't think I'm breaking any rules Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3769223626
Sorry to frustrate you. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 4134108735

Hey I added a PasteBin link in the above character sheet.
You can simply copy the text from the RAW section and paste it. It'll make your life of editing very easy Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2996506124 Take your rest Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 442579085

500!? That's ridiculous.... i only have like 5 500s in my entire post count.....
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:20 pm

That's a lot of posts.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Unlike Smithing skills, you are continuously using your spells to fight off the enemy so it will be easy to level up and don't you guys already get the idea that "DRO" is some kind of project that is in disguise of a game? Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2416964522
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Chaos Sphere - Passive: All objects within 150 Foot (50 Yards) from the caster are within the Caster's range to use a Gravity altering Chaos Blast.
Chaos Element: The Caster uses the spell to change the course of moving or stationary objects by altering the Gravitational Forces around the object. (Caster doesn't have control of the object but can only alter the Gravitational Force around it.) Objects have to be within 150 Foot (50 Yards) from the Caster, to be in the Chaos Sphere's manipulation field.

Ghosty, I said you don't get to have full control over the gravity. Having this as passive is what you are going against what I told you...

This is really getting no where if you don't listen to the GM...

Have a spell that affects gravity, for instance, look at Ocenyx's Dark Pressure, where it would affect the selected area with his gravitational power.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 am

Nexius wrote:
Chaos Sphere - Passive: All objects within 150 Foot (50 Yards) from the caster are within the Caster's range to use a Gravity altering Chaos Blast.
Chaos Element: The Caster uses the spell to change the course of moving or stationary objects by altering the Gravitational Forces around the object. (Caster doesn't have control of the object but can only alter the Gravitational Force around it.) Objects have to be within 150 Foot (50 Yards) from the Caster, to be in the Chaos Sphere's manipulation field.

Ghosty, I said you don't get to have full control over the gravity. Having this as passive is what you are going against what I told you...

This is really getting no where if you don't listen to the GM...

Have a spell that affects gravity, for instance, look at Ocenyx's Dark Pressure, where it would affect the selected area with his gravitational power.

What are you talking about. Did you even read everything about the spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3769223626
Spoiler:
My spell is doing exactly or very similar to what you stated Ocenyx is doing Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 1347326296

I have an area of 50 yards in which my spell can be used. (that is why is called a sphere. Because if you had to give my range of effect a shape, it would look like a dome or bubble.) Within that "sphere" I can shift the gravity around an object from any direction but it works as a pushing or pulling force.(or a blast of energy if you want it in simpler terms) I am not creating a bubble that is being constantly powered.

From what I understand by reading on Ocenyx's spell. She fires a downward gravity force (or basically increases the Gravity (linked to the planet's core) around that area that suppresses the enemies movement from anywhere in the map that her eyes can see. (((That is if you want to consider it as Gravity manipulation. Because it could be any kind of pressure. It could be undersea pressure or air pressure that is being pushed down onto the objects)))

My spell instead of a downward pressure sends the "pressure/ force" from any direction of the object. Meaning I can throw this "pressure" from underneath the target, which would send it flying upwards in the air, or from the back of the target, thus pushing him towards me. etc. (It would do the opposite but whatever.)

Scientifically I'm temporary changing/shifting the center of gravity around it and thus the object gets pulled towards the new gravity core from various angles, depending where the gravity core has been shifted too. And it is for a limited time, thus, everything reverts back to normal in say to limit it even more 3 seconds. This would make the object fly up into the air for 3 seconds and then free fall back down to the ground.

This is not control. Control is when I could freely move the object around with sheer will power or thought. 
  Instead of a downward push (ocenyx) I'm doing any angle push.

For another very simpler explanation. Think of an uncontrollable blast of wind throwing the object about in the direction the gust of wind was blown from. Except in this case, the "blowing in the direction of the wind" is due to Gravity.

If you still can't understand it then it's okay I'll remove the spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 442579085

You want it worded differently? Here try this:

Gravity Ball:
Chaos Element: Creates/summons (whatever the GM wants to think it as) a visible orb of gravity (Dark Purple hue) that pulls everything towards it. Objects are stuck to this new Gravity Core for 5 seconds before the orb disappears and the objects are released.

Scientifically:
Objects will fall down to the ground because that's where the planets gravity is pulling them towards, 
If used in a Zero Gravity (space) then the objects will stay where they are till they push themselves away from each other.

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:43 am

Nexius wrote:
Unlike Smithing skills, you are continuously using your spells to fight off the enemy so it will be easy to level up
So? it'll be quicker to upgrade your spells. The spells should have a higher post count to level up.
The smithing should be much much lower as you won't be using it (able or allowed to) that often.

Like I said, if it was a game, it'll be fine. In real world if you don't allow someone to stay at their smithy and work on their skills then it's impractical to put such high restrictions/limitations/requirements........ unless you don't want the people to take on that skill. Then it may serve it's purpose to put such high requirements.

If people see that and say.. Forget it, It's too tiresome to do, I'll choose something else.
Then you win, you got what you wanted.. if that's what you wanted or were aiming for.

Nex wrote:

and don't you guys already get the idea that "DRO" is some kind of project that is in disguise of a game? Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2416964522 

So you're saying that justifies not supplying us with a User Manual (game guide./ story Rule Book)?

You know what?
Just say it. You don't like my character and don't want it in your "World".
It's fine with me. Al I have to do is delete the posts.  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627

I made a Human Theif in Leiv's and Darkest's RP and they said he is too weak and will die as soon as he faces the enemies.

I scrapped him and created Maxwell. A human Assassin/mercenary. 

He died in his first encounter with the Vampires.

A Goddes of Death had to resurrect him, transferring his soul into a body of a dragon born (offspring of a Dragon and a female priestess). 

He would so gain a body that could only be mortally damaged by pure gold, repairable damage from Silver and brush of bruises from Iron, leaving no damage from any other element or physical damge except for Magic or magic imbued/infused weapons.

For offence, he had Storm Weather Control (Ice-Wind-Lightning) The Lightning though was from a Lightening imbued sword.

So like I said. If you don't like GR3Ett, then just say so and I'll scrap him. I really don't mind Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 442579085
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:42 pm

I have misunderstood your gravity spell... perhaps my imagination is too wild and over-thought about the things you could do with your gravity power....

Alright, I approve it Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 4134108735
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:
Nexius wrote:
Unlike Smithing skills, you are continuously using your spells to fight off the enemy so it will be easy to level up
So? it'll be quicker to upgrade your spells. The spells should have a higher post count to level up.
The smithing should be much much lower as you won't be using it (able or allowed to) that often.

Like I said, if it was a game, it'll be fine. In real world if you don't allow someone to stay at their smithy and work on their skills then it's impractical to put such high restrictions/limitations/requirements........ unless you don't want the people to take on that skill. Then it may serve it's purpose to put such high requirements.

If people see that and say.. Forget it, It's too tiresome to do, I'll choose something else.
Then you win, you got what you wanted.. if that's what you wanted or were aiming for.

Nex wrote:

and don't you guys already get the idea that "DRO" is some kind of project that is in disguise of a game? Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2416964522 

So you're saying that justifies not supplying us with a User Manual (game guide./ story Rule Book)?

You know what?
Just say it. You don't like my character and don't want it in your "World".
It's fine with me. Al I have to do is delete the posts.  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627

I made a Human Theif in Leiv's and Darkest's RP and they said he is too weak and will die as soon as he faces the enemies.

I scrapped him and created Maxwell. A human Assassin/mercenary. 

He died in his first encounter with the Vampires.

A Goddes of Death had to resurrect him, transferring his soul into a body of a dragon born (offspring of a Dragon and a female priestess). 

He would so gain a body that could only be mortally damaged by pure gold, repairable damage from Silver and brush of bruises from Iron, leaving no damage from any other element or physical damge except for Magic or magic imbued/infused weapons.

For offence, he had Storm Weather Control (Ice-Wind-Lightning) The Lightning though was from a Lightening imbued sword.

So like I said. If you don't like GR3Ett, then just say so and I'll scrap him. I really don't mind Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 442579085

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 2416964522 IF you really feel like my RP was not prepared properly, I am so sorry....

But do you get manual for everything in every game? Do game provides manual for entire game? You probably need to search for guides made by other players and etc to get entire manual of the game...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nexius on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm not reading that....
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:12 pm

You shouldn't...

It is a spoiler of what your character will find later Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 12 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2
Page 12 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next