Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Spoiler:

You have to remember that any summoned beings will be controlled by me and Multi cast is not possible for the characters with novice spells Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:29 pm

I can learn Multi cast later.

creating the doppelganger is not a summon it's a creation spell.
You've got the dragons and Chaos and Ice monsters.
I'll keep my characters and their twins, thankyou.

Editied Chaos Clone with Vid/picture
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:57 pm

If it's a creation spell, then no.

Make it into order element spell if you want to be creation spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 3680231627

If you want to be in the element of chaos spell, you are summoning something that enables you to create your twin so it is summoning spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 3680231627

If it is a creation spell you are going to have more limitation then that as creating another life form is very very exhausting and do come with risk.

Last edited by Nexius on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:01 pm

I cannot have any spell that would make exception to the world I have planned for this so please do understand for being picky. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 4134108735

Only that could go against any physics of the world in this RP are the enemies you guys have not faced yet Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 4134108735

Fear not, each player will get his/her hands on the spells that is OP in later part of the story Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2733086858
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:40 pm

............................................................. but in Naruto.............and in all general magic, everything is creation. You use magic / elements to create all spells.

You create and Ice Spear. You don't summon something to create an Ice Spear or a Fire Ball.

But yeah I suppose your game world runs differently as I just remembered about those invisible elementals that you mentioned before that grant the people power, even though they have dragon souls to use as catalysts.

Gah Game Logic >___>

lol, fine I still got 10 or so more slots for spells. I'll add the Sonic Waves creating tectonic plate shifting and causing seismic activity, leading to opening up fissures underneath the enemy Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2120966141 later on in the story.

Let it be considered as Chaos Element and summoning some chaos deity, Meganum Ooze, that enables the caster to create the sort off sinister looking clone. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 1493148415 or whatever goes in your world's logic Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2336118501
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:47 pm

lol Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 4134108735

Well if you are creating a being with independent thinking and with its own life force, it's totally different Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 3680231627

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:11 am

Posted. :0

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Marie-Sig-200

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:25 am

Thank you Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 4134108735
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:27 am

P.I. wrote:
"Yeah," Ashley agreed, sweeping her blonde hair away from her face. "I think we've done enough exploring for now."

hahaha. We get the first "hair-flick" ... Samir's in the game Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2733086858

lol just some silly nonsense that when a girl flicks or moves her hair to show her face in front of a guy, means she's conscious of her looks and wants the guy to appreciate them or compliment them Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 3680231627

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating/top-10-proven-signs-shes-interested_10.html
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 am

Nexius wrote:
lol Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 4134108735

Well if you are creating a being with independent thinking and with its own life force, it's totally different Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 3680231627

Ah yeah I wasn't fully decided on that.
For now I only stated the limitation of the clone having half the power (strength and endurance) of the original Dragon Rider. But what I didn't decide upon was if the Dragon Rider Looses half of its power as well. That would have been too taxing on the Rider, especially if more than one clone was made then it would keep eating away 50% of the already 50% power that was remaining.

So all subsequent clones would at the end make the Rider be left with only 0.5% power. (Theoretically)

So instead I preferred the only limitation being that the Rider is always at full power level but all the clones would be at 50% of the Rider's power.

The other concept / alternate version of the spell was. That The Clone can make another clone but with that clone becoming the origin. So the second clone (made by the First Clone) would be at 50% of the First Clone... which would technically mean 100% weaker than the Dragon Rider... Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 746295744  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 1599202770

So I scrapped that and just had it that any clone created, either by the First Clone and its subsequent clones or The Dragon Rider himself... all the clones would be at a base 50% weaker than the Dragon Rider.

In this case, the alterations between A clone creating a Clone and a DR creating a clone or more:
DR Creating A Clone: Clone has past experience and random skill from the DR's pool
Clone Creating A Clone: The new clone will have past experience of the Clone that created it and the knowledge of the skill set that the Clone Maker has.

---Creates----Gains
DR >> Clone: Healing & Uproot
DR >> Clone2: Focused Blast & Yeti's Breath
DR >> Clone3: Thunder God's Strike & Chaos Clone --- Clone3 >> Clone3.1: Thunder God's Strike & Chaos Clone  Clone3.1 >> Clone3.1.1: TG's S & CC C3.1.1 >> C3.1.1.1: TGS&CC (etc.)

DR >> Clone4: Chaos Clone & Eternal Breath & Poison Nova --- Clone4 >> Clone4.1: CC & PN --- Clone4.1 >> Clone4.1.1: CC & PN --- C4.1 >> C4.1.1.1: CC & PN (etc.)
-------------------------------------------------------------Clone4 >> Clone4.2: EB & PN
--------------------------------------------------------------Clone4 >> Clone4.3: CC & EB --- Clone4.3 >> Clone4.3.1: CC & EB --- C4.3.1 >> C4.3.1.1: CC & EB (etc.)

DR >> Clone5: Eternal Breath & Multi Cast & Spell Teach
(This clone is completely useless in its offensive battle situation. Apart from being able to traverse areas with Breathing limitations and teaching all three of its spells to any other sentient being (a Chaos Clone or Player Character or NPC)
In the case for Chaos Clone: This Clone can only teach its spells to a Direct Clone from the DR. (DR >> Clone1/2/3/4/etc.). The Original Clone will be able to use Spell Teach to teach any spell from its spell pool to any other Sentient being but that will consume one out of the three charges of Spell Teach. If the Original Clone teaches Spell Teach to another Being, then it will use two charges of Teach Spell and using the last Teach Spell will make the Original Clone to forget Teach Spell, thus removing it from its Spell Pool. If the Original Clones know Chaos Clone spell, then they will be able to transfer Spell Teach for a maximum of 3 times. (to Three Replicated Clones) But any new Clone it creates, prior to expending Teach Spell, may have a probability of being born with Teach Spell and one other Spell that the Original Clone has in its pool (which may have become 5 or 6 if the other clone taught all three moves to the Original Clone with 2 or 3 base spells.)

With this chart, you can understand that the DR makes a Clone:

If the Clone Doesn't get the Chaos Clone Spell as a Random Pick then it has to fight with the spells it was "born/made/summoned/etc." with.

If the Clone gets a Chaos Clone spell along with another spell: Then it can replicate itself but with the same two spells, over and over again (or its family of clones replicate themselves but always with the same 2 spells that they acquired via past experience from their Maker (which was a Clone of the DR and only knew the 2 spells) (These Clones will never learn more than the 2 spells they were born with.)

If the Clone gets 3 spells which may include Chaos Clone: Then any clone it creates has a probability of acquiring Chaos Clone and so replicating itself. But if the new clone acquires the set of spells in which Chaos Clone is not present, then that Clone is stuck and cannot replicate itself.

The Original Clone with 3 spells, including Chaos Clone, Can replicate itself as normal but its subsequent family of clones may or may not have Chaos Clone in their spell pool: Unless a rare occurrence happens and the clone created has the capability of learning 3 spells: In that case that Clone will be able to replicate itself and have an equal chance creating its family of clones with either 2 or 3 spells which again if a 2 spell clone is created then it may or may not learn Chaos Clone, if it does then it can replicate itself like any other Chaos Clone with Chaos Clone Spell learnt and one more spell and also it may never replicate itself into a clone that can learn 3 spells as this maker clone never had the experience of being able to know more than the two spells it knew.

Technically, any clone, replicated from any other clone, should be able to randomly be born with any 2 or 3 spells from the Dragon Rider's spell pool because they would have the past experience of its maker, who in turn had the past experience of the Original Clone, who in turn had the past experience of the Dragon Rider who had learned multiple spells. But The Chaos Element / Attribute nullifies that and makes the spell acquiring a Random luck of the draw/universe and subsequently places limitations on the Clones as such I have explained above.

This Information can be added in the Character Sheet as a Spoiler for the Chaos Clone Spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 442579085
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:25 am

I've given quite the thought to this spell and to limit it. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 4134108735

We are not going to have legendary dragons and 2 maxed out spells and Epic Weapons, anytime soon.

So it'll all be up to us Newbies in the Dragon world, with only our skills and intellect from the outside world and our past experiences based on the character backstory Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:02 am

If its going to be like that, then no, better make it simple or your magic will be useless in other world Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:37 am

: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 746295744 : its very simple to me XD
you create a clone and if the clone is created having Chaos Clone then it can create its own clone if not then that clone has a very small family Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 4134108735 

Tell me more about this magic in the "other" Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 521859387 world :

Or is it that you prefer a very simple spell
Create a ditto copy of the Dragon Rider with all spells available to it and the same level of the Dragon Rider. It can't get any simpler than that. :\

... or you can consider my character as the Consumer type. He paid to get the advance bonus Pre-Order pack which unlocks stuff for him before the normal Free-to-play people. So this way he has access to any spell from the start and can be over powerful early on, when compared to characters who didn't spend any money outside or in the ingame store with real money Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2079203061

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:41 am

Ghosty... Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2332200876

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:48 am

what ??? 
I always have meat shields following me in every game I play (Q_Q)
I'm never alone or with just one sidekick. I have an Army that does my bidding and that's just normal aloud gameplay style. So what if it is considered being cheap or overpowerful in the eyes of characters that are Barbarians or paladins and try to solo stuff because of Pride and stuff.

I have minions and I don't get, even a scratch on me when I play Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2733086858  I survive much longer than those soloers even at lower character levels than them. All because of my skill /spell set and be-safe-gameplay-style Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2079203061

This is a world with Unlimited potential (or it was advertised as such). So why am I facing so many restrictions at every step and corner of the way  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2294963316
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:56 am

Shadow-Heart wrote:
what ??? 
I always have meat shields following me in every game I play (Q_Q)
I'm never alone or with just one sidekick. I have an Army that does my bidding and that's just normal aloud gameplay style. So what if it is considered being cheap or overpowerful in the eyes of characters that are Barbarians or paladins and try to solo stuff because of Pride and stuff.

I have minions and I don't get, even a scratch on me when I play Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2733086858  I survive much longer than those soloers even at lower character levels than them. All because of my skill /spell set and be-safe-gameplay-style Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2079203061

This is a world with Unlimited potential (or it was advertised as such). So why am I facing so many restrictions at every step and corner of the way  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2294963316

Because game balance. Unlimited potential does not equal *casually creates army of clones that are each half as strong as oneself*
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:07 am

You play any summoner build and your companions rarely die, unless they are swarmed by 30 - 50 monsters with high Damage/per/second attacks and you can't heal them fast enough or you encounter a much higher level small group of enemies or a very high level single enemy / boss

Games want you to win.. not keep dying and make you rage quit. They'll loose their player base like that. Just see how many people still play Wizardry (the Hardcore, once killed, forever killed, game. and if you aren't careful, you easily die).

If you arm yourself with proper skills and gameplay style, you should be able to easily kill mobs, lower or equal leveled or a max 5 levels higher than you.

So I really don't see the point of forcing us to be weak as cannon fodder or put too many restrictions, just so that we have feel the suffering and grinding, amplified.

But whatever. You're the GM, it's your way or the Sky Road. So whatever. I don't really care.

If I feel like it, I'll just destroy the world, however I can Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 442579085
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:23 am

Except this is an rp, not an actual game. The GM can't have you running around with a clone army. It would ruin things.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:27 am

for whom :0 
the bad guys?
Isn't the sole purpose for us to defeat the bad guys Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 688243022
or is it planned that we have to miserably fail (you didn't get even a glimmer of winning chance against your first mini big monster)
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:29 am

Yes, but it's not supposed to be easy. If it was, there would be no conflict or stakes.

Even in actual games it gets boring if you're overleveled and enemies give you no challenge.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:31 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Even in actual games it gets boring if you're overleveled and enemies give you no challenge.
So not true for me.  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2294963316

I prefer to overwhelm the enemy till the end  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 2079203061

In any RPG I play, the first thing I do is get my characters to at least 50 levels higher than the starting stage by grinding over and over at the first patch of enemies that keep respawning and once I'm satisfied at the level I want, I play the story.

EG:
In pokemon my monsters are close to level 80 and I have only progressed to claiming the first Gym badge for the story and I haven't gotten bored of killing the monsters that try to attack me.

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 am

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 746295744

I don't even know what to say.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:44 am

like I said, different game play style... and there really shouldn't be any objection to it. If it is possible to achieve in the game mechanics then it shouldn't be considered wrong, doing it like so.

And don't give me that, if you are able to do something then it doesn't mean you should do it.

This is a person's life we are talking about, there is nothing wrong in being able to do whatever it takes to minimize being killed and doing everything to protect yourself from getting harmed.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:49 am

Yes... Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 746295744

But again, challenge is one of the essential parts of gameplay. Some people seem to like overleveling, but I can't imagine anything more dull than continuous grinding, followed by effortless battles.

And you do realize games are designed to discourage this. That's why enemies give more experience later in the game as higher levels require more experience.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 am

Oh no, no, I am saying that it would work on DRO, but your characters that's going to enter in first chapter would not be in 'DRO world' per se, the more simple your magic, you would less likely lose the property of your magic....

All the approved characters have simple magic and cloning yourself is not a simple magic and naruto was supposed to be OP character but it took him awhile to be one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 8 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2
Page 8 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next