Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 am

that's the reason why I am telling you to change it into summoning spell instead of creation spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2332200876

Creating life form is "not easy"
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:58 am

Also the concept of:

Tough love?
It's okay to get knocked about sometimes. You'll just get up and be stronger and carry on. 

What kind of bull**** dogma is that.

Tough love you say?
Here take this.. it's okay get up, if you can dish it then you can take it too, can't you. just go to the nurse and patch yourself up and then come again for another round..
oh noes, I think I ruffed them up a little too much. Darn it, this one is a goner, he won't make it... Next.

Screw Tough Love. I rather be so strong that nothing can touch me, than get even a little bit ruffled up.  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 926905690

I don't like to get into a challenge. I would rather make myself so much higher that when faced with that challenge, I would be able to blow past it.

Yeah sure they give higher XP later on but its technically the same. They take that much effort in killing them and you got the risk of dying multiple times and doing it all over again just for that Xp but if you are much stronger, you die less and can carry on for much longer, thus save time and keep getting a continuous flow of Xp. And at the same time don't feel discouraged because you kept dying and or winning after many tries. sometimes one to many is one too many a try. If you can't suceed in killing something, you need to go back and Grind till you can.

So if you grind much early on and become OP then isn't that almost the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 am

I already told you to consider it as a summoning spell Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:08 am

Shadow-Heart wrote:
Also the concept of:

Tough love?
It's okay to get knocked about sometimes. You'll just get up and be stronger and carry on. 

What kind of bull**** dogma is that.

Tough love you say?
Here take this.. it's okay get up, if you can dish it then you can take it too, can't you. just go to the nurse and patch yourself up and then come again for another round..
oh noes, I think I ruffed them up a little too much. Darn it, this one is a goner, he won't make it... Next.

Screw Tough Love. I rather be so strong that nothing can touch me, than get even a little bit ruffled up.  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 926905690

I don't like to get into a challenge. I would rather make myself so much higher that when faced with that challenge, I would be able to blow past it.

Yeah sure they give higher XP later on but its technically the same. They take that much effort in killing them and you got the risk of dying multiple times and doing it all over again just for that Xp but if you are much stronger, you die less and can carry on for much longer, thus save time and keep getting a continuous flow of Xp. And at the same time don't feel discouraged because you kept dying and or winning after many tries. sometimes one to many is one too many a try. If you can't suceed in killing something, you need to go back and Grind till you can.

So if you grind much early on and become OP then isn't that almost the same thing.

Okay, now you're mixing it with real life, which is an entirely different issue. I definitely believe in being overprepared in life when it comes to packing for a trip or studying for a test or something. It's not the same as games which require a calculation of risk, effort, and reward in much more literal terms.

As for tough love and getting knocked down, no one says you should want it. But sometimes it happens despite best efforts, and all you can do is learn from it.

Not really. You don't have to automatically have to go for the absolute toughest or absolute weakest enemies. If I have to grind, I usually go after enemies that give enough exp without being too difficult. And I only ever grind enough to the recommended level for the next area.

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Marie-Sig-200

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:10 am

Well, then the complication of creating several of yourself is out of the way.

If it is a summoning spell you cannot summon several of them at once with rider's power.

Your dragons' summoned monsters would be nothing but meat shield (probably only for buying time) Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627

And your 'clone' is in my control if that's so. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:26 am

why can't you summon more than once. 
You said one spell per post Unless it's one buff and one spell 
So 3 posts is equal to 3 clones.  And if the Clones have Chaos Clone learnt then they can summon a clone of themselves in their post turn.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:33 am

So you rather take breaks while enjoying a story than continue without any hindrance?

Well that's up to your mind set. 

I would get annoyed if I find myself "stuck" and can't continue the story because I was too weak / the enemy is too tough to beat and thus I have to stop.. grind... try again... fail.. grind again.. and hope this time I clear through.

If that's how you like to do it then sure go ahead.

I rather not let myself fall into such obstacles. If I'm powerful enough from the start then there is nothing to stop me from enjoying the story of a Game.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:35 am

I will repeat what Leon said, magic in DRO is "living thing" what your character is trying to achieve is abusing that power and it will go very wrong and your character is going to be consumed by it and become nothingness. If that's the path you ever want for your character, then go ahead. But it will be punished by the "magic" itself.

And furthermore that power will be diminished even more so as you guys would be coming to the world where "magic" is dead.

The more you use your magic; the later your magic will become powerless...

I am already spoiling a lot for the sake of creation of your character.... Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 4134108735

That much I care about your character Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 4134108735
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 am

lol so if I want Cifujis to learn magic, I ought to do it before Chapter 1 Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2294963316 
So much for having started a Fantasy game with Magic as its attraction, only to have it taken away or be penalized for using it. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2294963316

Good now I can happily go the destructive path Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2079203061 

Okay approve my Character as is, I'll see what to do for my other 10 Spells.. probably as there will be no "new" magic, I'll have to consider taking up Skills. 

Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Maybe bribe the troll to give me his stuff Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627 

For Cifujis.. he'll be a weakling and I'll have to rely on my sword as apparently there will be no Ammo for his weak turrets. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2294963316

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 am

I'd rather enjoy the story and play in equal measure. Dealing with all the gameplay at once and then all the story at once is pointless. You might as well just read a book then.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:48 am

Seriously Ghosty Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2416964522

You really want me to spoil everything for you so that you are going to be happy? Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 621929346

Cifujis is going to be better and stronger than your second character no matter what as all the players would receive a magic that could make "magic" alive....

there... happy?

I am so not in the mood for the post right now...
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:50 am

What is really fun in that if you want "me" to spoil everything for you? and I said "nothingness" meaning your character stop to exist, and might not even appear for long as well if you do take that path.

Gedo was trying to make that kind of character and that's the reason why he dropped off from my RP Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2416964522

Last edited by Nexius on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:52 am

how is it spoiling. If I know everything from the start it's so much easier for me to "play" lol.
Thanks. and sorry for the trouble. I really didn't mean to make you sad  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 4287004830

But yeah you should know me by now. I hate secrets and surprises. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627 I enjoy stuff so much more if I'm aware of what I'm getting into  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3184048689
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:57 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I'd rather enjoy the story and play in equal measure. Dealing with all the gameplay at once and then all the story at once is pointless. You might as well just read a book then.
 Well I sort off do the same thing with a book

I'll read the ending and if I liked it, I'll read it from the start  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2001369995
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:01 pm

In any case, I am really tired from searching job so I will post later Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 4134108735

Ghosty, make edited version of your character or edit the part that I kept on telling you about it in a simple manner or just accept how it is going to be played.

I will update IC after my short nap/long nap...
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:08 pm

I don't know how to Edit Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 4287004830  as I can't follow (fully understand) your thinking Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2099932306

But yeah if you are talking about the Chaos Clone spell then like I said, do whatever you want Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627 
I don't mind. It's your Game. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2733086858  I'll play it however you want Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 442579085

Good luck Head Hunting...ooops I meant Job Hunting XD
Depending on your Field of expertise, you can try for a governmental Job or a private Sector Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 442579085

And once again, Congrats on your brother Graduating Uni  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 29879966

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:
 Well I sort off do the same thing with a book

I'll read the ending and if I liked it, I'll read it from the start  Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2001369995

..... I give up. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2332200876

Why are you job hunting, Nex? I thought you had a job?

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:16 pm

He got free from that "Job"
That's why he had free time to come back here to us :]

lol yeah, We already had that conversation. Where I told you that I would sometimes just pick up a book and read it from the middle and if I found it interesting, I'll go back a little and if I found it even more interesting, then I'll read it from the start Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2382268751

It all started when I found a book in the thrift shop (bargain Bin) with it's starting quarter was torn away. So I had no choice but start reading it from the middle but I liked the story and always wished to read the beginning but could never find a physical copy (don't want to order it online).

So then on, I pick up a book and read the ending or middle and if I get intrigued, I start reading it from the beginning. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:18 pm

That's so... unconventional.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3803612740
Gosh took so freaking long to find the book ( I only remembered the word Tower from the title Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627 )

Spoiler:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Tower-Geburah-Archives-Anthropos-ebook/dp/B005D1HY82

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/192977.The_Tower_of_Geburah#

It's been given Mixed reviews, mostly decent. But mostly that the other books in the series weren't all that great. Some still say that they were though... so yeah lol mixed reviews.

Anyways I definitely didn't read the start of it as, like I said, it was torn away.
So to me it was a full on Fantasy novel but if you read the synopsis of it... you'll understand why some people were skeptical about it XD

I don't know If I'll read it now, knowing about the start of it all, but then again I do remember liking it from the middle to end soooo lol not sure if my tastes or tolerance level has changed, as it was a very long time back.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:24 pm

If I found a book with part of it missing, I would just put it back. Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2332200876

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:33 pm

lol I can't seem to find a free download of it Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 4276320252 
so once again it'll go into the long bin of "search-for-free-download-&-read-later" later. XD

I just need the first quarter or half and I'll be done. I can always continue it from the physical book that is somewhere in my home library Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:33 pm

lol Ghosty, my brother just went to uni Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627

As I couldn't make it to his high school graduation, I promised him I am going to go for his uni's graduation Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 2733086858

The IC post for DRO will be up after another hours of sleeping Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 142249227
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:41 pm

Nex, you never said you quitted your job. What happened?

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Let just say, my job was never stable job Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 3680231627

It had expiry date and it came to that point Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 4134108735

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Riders Online OOC #2   Dragon Riders Online OOC #2 - Page 9 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Dragon Riders Online OOC #2
Page 9 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next