Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:48 pm

i see :0

since this is supposed to be during victorian age, it should be rather interesting
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:49 pm

yeah.

gotta see how many people are interested in playing the remaining Masters or some of the Servants.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:10 am

You must use an SnS character design! Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 2733086858

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 am

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 4276320252
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 am

But they're all really good. And Victorian. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 4134108735

You should be M. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 4134108735

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Hqdefault

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:16 am

be honest Kitty...

do you have a trench coat fetish? Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 am

They are pretty cool. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 3680231627

M, Castiel, Constantine... they all pull off the trenchcoat look. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 4134108735

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:32 am

O.o
I'll be honest... I totally didn't expect you to admit it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:39 am

Well, it's not a fetish lol. But they can be pretty cool. I think I've seen more cases where I didn't like it than where I did though...

Are you going to read more? Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 4134108735

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:46 am

Not tonight, but assuming I don't get into anything tomorrow, I should have quite a bit of time then.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:50 am

Yay. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 4134108735

I'm hoping to write up some of the new material I thought of tomorrow.

Well, I should get to bed. Night. :0

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:37 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:
Hmm. Dunno. Maybe increase all stats by 1, but when it comes down, stats are reduced by 1.

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well, the buff would be the strength of the tower, with the debuff being the calamity that breaks it.

Shadow-Heart wrote:
So in essence:
XVI - The Tower - Temporarily grants the Master's Servant  EX-Level stat boost to all stats, leading to a much more powerful/potent NP. Upon the end of the cards effect(Or use of EX-NP), All Stats are dropped lower than their original levels

This way it is used as a double edged ability. You may get your one shot calamity onto your enemies but at the same the calamity of The Tower, also effects you (the crumbling of the tower in the tarot image - you fall down along with or on top of your enemies). 

The stat drop at the end means that you have to pick yourself up from the rubble and start climbing a new tower all over again.

It is a buff and a Debuff power.

.......isn't that exactly what I said? Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 2332200876
This was what was in my mind when The Tower was mentioned from the start, but yeah you had a similar idea too Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 442579085

Mine actually was to make the servant reach its max potential and then for the debuff, the stat points are returned to what they were before the card was used but also further decrease them all as well... Which I am not sure if you meant that as well or your decrease in stat of 1 meant that the 1 stat that he gained are taken away so +1 then -1 ... that would balance out, bring the servant back to its original state. It could be that you meant +1 then -2.

Anyhow another debuff could be that after his stats are dropped back to their original stat (no further decrease) the servant becomes imobile or extremely slow. So if for some reason its opponent survived the EX-NP then The-Tower card user is extremely vunerable for a counter (or from any other on looking servant that was hiding and waiting for the chance to take down the survivor who naturally would be exhausted after a battle, but in this case, extremely exhausted).

A separate Tower ability, linked to its destruction could be, that the servant gains the knowlege of summoning and using a randomly selected NP from all current servants that were summoned for the war (alive and defeated ones). The power level of the NP used is based on ammount of cards the Maseter currently holds so the only way this card is used is by eating up all other cards in the Masters hand. Just having The Tower card will not activate its ability.

In essence:
XVI - The Tower -  Servant aquires a Random NP from all summoned servant pool but usage of the card destroys all other cards, granted the Master is holding a card other than The Tower. Spell can only be activated when a card other than The Tower is in users hand. A successful card use will destroy all chosen to be discarded cards including The Tower. (NP Power level is dependant on the ammount of cards the Master chooses to discard)

In this way, it doesn't have to be all bad. The user can have a choice of controlling the NP power level by choosing how many cards he want to use to power it up.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:03 am

Shadow-Heart wrote:
Mine actually was to make the servant reach its max potential and then for the debuff, the stat points are returned to what they were before the card was used but also further decrease them all as well... Which I am not sure if you meant that as well or your decrease in stat of 1 meant that the 1 stat that he gained are taken away so +1 then -1 ... that would balance out, bring the servant back to its original state. It could be that you meant +1 then -2.

Yes, I meant -1 from their original stats.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:52 am

will there be female masters? :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Of course. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 142249227

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:00 pm

well back then gender inequality was a big thing so I was wondering :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Well, yes. That's true. I expect magi will be a little more tolerant, but it will play a factor.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:45 pm

This war is set a little differently...

The association isn't involved in it, aside from probably trying to stop it once they realize it's happening.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:03 pm

Payne wrote:
all stats EX is essentially a sure kill scenario...

right?
Possibility is there but in the update posted above I balanced it out by adding that the user becomes extremely vulnerable after using their EX-powered NP

Anyhow another debuff could be that after his stats are dropped back to their original stat (no further decrease) the servant becomes immobile or extremely slow. So if for some reason its opponent survived the EX-NP then The-Tower card user is extremely vulnerable for a counter (or from any other on looking servant that was hiding and waiting for the chance to take down the survivor who naturally would be exhausted after a battle, but in this case, extremely exhausted).

But Jorg said that all or any EX stat is too dangerous so I suggested another use for the card.

XVI - The Tower -  Servant acquires a Random NP from all summoned servant pool but usage of the card destroys all other cards, granted the Master is holding a card other than The Tower. Spell can only be activated when a card other than The Tower is in users hand. A successful card use will destroy all chosen to be discarded cards including The Tower. (NP Power level is dependant on the amount of cards the Master chooses to discard)

In this way, it doesn't have to be all bad. The user can have a choice of controlling the NP power level by choosing how many cards he want to use to power it up.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:03 pm

Well, it's not organized by them, no. In fact, I have some ideas about that.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:09 pm

The current Assassins Creed (Syndicate) set in Victorian London, has a Female protagonist (Sister of the male Protagonist) that the players use for covert options. The Brother can be bit more loud in his actions while also being the leader of a gang.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:09 pm

I still feel like that puts too much importance on that single card though. They were meant to be moderately equal in power.

Feel free to pm me ideas Kitty. I've got a baseline in mind, but it's not set in stone.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:20 pm

... player1 uses Death card on P2
P2 plays Tower card and attacks P1
P1 barely Survives and regains upper hand because P1 doesn't have anything left to use plus is drained out
P3 drops in, uses Hanged man  and assassinates P1 and P2

I think it all depends on how the RolePlayers ... play their cards and characters. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 2382268751

Also people want the World Card which only appears after all cards are used or in one persons hand
Either ways The World card doesn't have much to offer in combat
In that case I thought like this, the Players/masters will have some inclination or purpose to gather all cards. 
Sure getting all would enable them to win by using The World but trying to aim for The Tower with as many other cards will entice the battle hungry masters.

Say some one gathers tons of cards and then uses The Tower but he fails in defeating the opponent or gets killed by the 3rd party.. the emergence of the The World card would instantly increase as only a few cards would be left on the battle field. (because many of them got used up) versus one hoarding all and then The World appears to him.

Also if I understand correctly, 19 cards are used up, then the master holding the 20'th card will automatically gain the 21'st card (the World) or will the World card magically appear somewhere in the world for everyone to chase after it? Or that will happen when the holder of the 20th card uses his card.. then the The World appears somewhere in the battle field?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Since I'm seeing a lot of EX Rank stats being thrown around. I will simply state the only example of a EX Rank stat in the Nasuverse.

The name is Spartacus and he's a Berserker, overall he is one crappy Servant with **** mobility and a weak Noble Phantasm that needs time to good/ridiculous. But he has EX Rank Endurance.

He lost his feet, was crushed, impalled, all at the same time and he kept moving forward with a smile on his face.
Spoiler:

The only way he was stopped was by putting him inside a prison created by Caster until he faded away.

And he was a Berserker with crappy stats in general. Now imagine that on a Servant with good stats and decent NPs
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:39 pm

@Jorg: that's true but Spartacus had EX stat for the entirety of his summon  (if I'm not mistaken)

Over here, servants will get EX stat for only 30-60 seconds. That is not enough to give them a full upper-hand as the other servants could initiate a cat and mouse scenario or just hide till the timed effect wears off and then continue the battle as normal.

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 12 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next