Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games OOC IX

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Well, what would get the most attention?

Nope...

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well, what would get the most attention?

Nope...

attention? bleach, naruto, one piece
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:19 pm

jorgiguel wrote:

you could just force them into it, i mean trick them into believing it's something else and then just trap them there. there isnt much one can do once you're in the war other than join it or die in it

sorry, I think you misunderstood. : o

the fact that the humans don't want to go to Paranoia was a hook for character creation/development. I already have a way of forcing them to go...

jorgiguel wrote:
attention? bleach, naruto, one piece

unfortunately, he's right...
a lot of the people out there don't want to branch out without that initial RP experience, and those are good introductions into it.
although if we're being honest, bleach and one piece aren't good environments for an RP. of the three it would have to be naruto.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:22 pm

Out of what we've mentioned. >. > You know that's never going to happen. We have standards here!

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:25 pm

"standards" don't do you any good if you can't keep up the community.
you need something that will attract a wider audience, and the big three have proven to do that.
the problem is, the big three have also been done so many times that butchering them just feels natural in RPs now. if anything from them was ever to be done properly, it would have to be a grassroots sort of thing, like creating an RP that only took into account the things that were told in season 1 of any of them.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:39 pm

We're small, but it's not like we're dying out that we need to take desperate measures.

Anyway, there are still plenty of alternatives that a lot of people may like.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:41 pm

It's a bit like ________ RP

?

[Ex my Inuyasha got a lot of interest just because it had the name and some similiarities]
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:41 pm

true.
I'm just saying, don't rule anything out because of 'standards'.
a bad RP concept is a bad RP concept, but a universe itself isn't inherently bad, just the interpretations of it.

also, damn you for starting this. :x
talking about my RP concept makes me want to make a thread for it in the conceptualization section.
and I don't have time for it...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Yeah, that one was workable. :0

If the Big 3 weren't as equally worthless in concept as execution, I might agree.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Conceptwise, Bleach was good for the first season or two

Then it became DBZ with swords
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:54 pm

I actually like One Piece, in both concept and execution. I just know there's no point in making an RP out of it because of how random the powers are. It's an interesting universe, just not suited for RP.

Bleach had one of the best concepts and executions of any anime created for the first two seasons, and anything using only that part of the cannon would make a great RP. The problem is where things went after that point. The entire universe is a swamp of screwed up power combinations now, and it's too muddy to wade through for a good RP.

Naruto has a good concept, although a fairly simple one. The problem with it was the execution, or lack thereof. Too many things were grafted into it over time, and people go into RPs under the Naruto title with the misconception that cannon abilities are greater than anything they can create themselves. So, the characters in Naruto RPs often lack originality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Aren't jorg, maybe madarra, and I the only ones with time to run an RP?

lol
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:07 pm

well, if I wasn't already in one, I could run one. : x
but I've only got a few months before I might potentially vanish for an extensive amount of time, and I don't want to abandon an RP I'm already invested in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm

i have time, i dont have attention spam for it
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:13 pm

One Piece is stupid and nonsensical. It has no potential. It's a drunk five year old's concept of pirates.

Let's not over inflate it. Bleach's concept was decent and workable, even if that's all it had going for it. Then it became... Yeah, DBZ with swords and an obnoxious attitude.

Naruto's all right on concept. It doesn't have much rp potential though. It's a little too open, and the power creep is bad.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
One Piece is stupid and nonsensical. It has no potential. It's a drunk five year old's concept of pirates.

Let's not over inflate it. Bleach's concept was decent and workable, even if that's all it had going for it. Then it became... Yeah, DBZ with swords and an obnoxious attitude.

Naruto's all right on concept. It doesn't have much rp potential though. It's a little too open, and the power creep is bad.

so, what you're saying is that you're not skilled or capable enough to make an RP out of any of the above? The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 4276320252

I think we're missing the point here though.
the big three are really only a good window into the RP world for people that came from an anime site.
what about RPers from other RP communities?
I mean, I've seen Harry Potter RPs out there. I even stumbled across a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy RP once. (which was a hilarious read by the way)
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:22 pm

I could do a Harry Potter rp. I'm very knowledgeable with the world. I don't have time to manage it though, even if I could set it up. It would work nicely if people could manage themselves and not have to be led by the hand to every class.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:42 pm

I posted btw.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

i posted too.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Gracias. :0

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Enigma Classifications:

Incarnate - The most rare and powerful class of Enigma. Incarnates are an embodiment of a concept or higher power, and their powers are directly linked to that which they represent. Of the four classifications, Incarnates are the most human in appearance, often only displaying a few defining characteristics, although there are some exceptions.

Elemental - The other humanistic classification of Enigmas, Elementals can often pass for humans with some quirks. They are composed entirely of the element they represent, and their powers manifest through the extension of that element or its properties in the world around them. However, unlike Incarnates, Elementals also bear all the weaknesses of their defining elements, not only their strengths.

Fiend - One of the two more common classifications of Enigma, and often the most disfigured. Fiends vary greatly in shape, size, and consistency, but they are generally considered grotesque in one manner or another. They often possess enhanced strength, speed, durability, or sensory perception.

Species - The most common classification of Enigma. Species are a representation of the more animalistic traits in humanity, giving them the same general body structure as a human, but with animalistic features. Members of the Species class are somewhat unpredictable in manner, as sometimes they are more animal than human and vise versa.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:59 pm

no problem.

oh before i forget, just a quick reminder. you know i'm leaving again on saturday for two weeks. i'll be in germany, so i should have internet on my phone, however i have no idea how the reception will be in the mountain forest >.> worst case scenario, i won't post for the entire time
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Look good.

Oh okay. Thanks. I think it should be workable.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Gedomaru wrote:
Aren't jorg, maybe madarra, and I the only ones with time to run an RP?

lol

i`ve got time, but i dont have writing prowess
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Well, surely the three of you combined can make one half-decent GM. The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 4276320252

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games OOC IX   The Grail Games OOC IX - Page 26 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games OOC IX
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next