Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly

Go down 
+6
Silver90
madarrao
RyubosJ
Pika
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Well, I do think it's a good idea to lessen emotional responses to things, as it's always better to deal with situations logically rather than emotionally.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:06 pm

I think you got your adverbs mixed up Illya.

Shayu Wolf wrote:
Gedomaru wrote:
\desensitized to life and it is a horrible thing

Depends on what you mean by desensitized to life. When I refer to being desensitized to body horror and morbid things, it is in the sense that i lose that gut wrenching disgust for such situations. Instead I just think, "hey, that's sad" when a character has their life drained away by some alien parasite or something. What this allows me to do is to marvel more at these alien parasites, and brutal murder scenes or what have you, and think "hey that's also pretty cool/unique"

I won't deny that there is something satisfying about being able to enjoy these morbid things that typically make regular people shirk. If I'm very honest, it makes me feel special and safe. I feel like I am mentally prepared for the most morbid and disturbing things the world can throw my way.

I do take this a step further in life by becoming somewhat desensitized to situations that are normally quite depressing. I love my friends and I love my family, but I've had a few friends and family die in the last few years. I personally am very close to the people I care about, I would consider myself very very affectionate and sentimental (sometimes arguably too much so), but when these people around me die, I am of the firm belief that I deal with the situation a lot better than most. Instead of crying and breaking down myself, I examine how the situation had changed, accepted it, and then move on. Because I do, I am able, and have been able, to be there for the people who do not take the loss so well; I am able to to console them and be an emotionally stable force for them. I'm proud to be able to be that stable force that helps others to recover, and it warms my heart to see that it helps people.

I suppose the key, or at least it seems so in my own head, is to define a very clear moral set, and then desensitize myself in ways that inhibit my instinctive emotional reactions from taking control and making me feel things that do not correspond with my moral set. I am an idealist, it is who I am, and the most important thing in the world to me is Love. But I am a firm believer in using both my head and my heart. I recognize that love is based in hormones, just chemicals in the body, but I do believe that the relationships that these chemicals build is mutually beneficial, and thus I definately believe it is something that people should indulge in as much as possible.

This all ties into my semi-hedonistic, and very liberal outlook on life, but I figure it's best that I go ahead and cut this rant as it's getting a bit long for a response to a simple statement x3 sorry Gedo.

I'm pretty much like that, except my emotions have no sentimentality. They're strictly responses and not drivers, meaning if my mother died I'd be sad. Not so much about the fact that she's dead, but that it would leave behind a complete mess of finiances, paperwork, and events.

I am, quite frankly, a horrible person, and the sad fact is that I recognize that. Isn't any way of getting out of this depressing cycle unless I suddenly become ignorant, or the world suddenly becomes a much happier place than its current state.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Oops yeah lol. In my defense, I'd just woken up. :P

Aww, Gedo. :/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Meira bedhead would make Medusa be petrified in shock and amusement.

Yes, give me more of your pity emoticons. They feed my tortured apathetic soul. Soon I will have enough to buy children's tears to put into my alchemical potion for eternal power.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:18 pm

You should make Spirit have to brush it every morning. Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 2120966141

Lol. XD

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
You should make Spirit have to brush it every morning. Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 2120966141

Lol. XD

Pfft nah. Obviously it's a three man job. Or should I say three manservant's job? Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 2733086858

Oh yeah I don't know if you like animated racing action, but Redline is a treat for the eyes even if you don't. It also has the benefit of having the (english) version up on youtube. Two of them, in fact.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:29 pm

But you only have two. Unless you're going to get Berserker to do it too. XD

Racing? As in race cars?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Of course he will. Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 2120966141... And now I feel like giving Meira a frying pan, like in Tangled.

Yeah. The concept is basically a race using old fashioned motors in a sci-fi future with warp drives and stuff.

Spoiler:
That said there's only two races in the movie, with most of it being focused on some character development. The last race is pretty long though, I think it covers the last 30 minutes or so. First race covers 10 minutes of the intro or sommat.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Oh, I've seen clips of it on youtube. I... don't really care for the art style.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:44 pm

D'aw, okay.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 pm

You should try watching Justified though. Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 4134108735

You ever watch Lost? :0 That was my favorite show ever. GoT is giving it a run for its money though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:54 pm

I dislike T.V. shows about 3x as much as I dislike movies.

I've only ever actively watched 3 series that weren't cartoons. One of them I stopped halfway and grew tired of, another I can't really enjoy watching now, and the final one... Well it's meh.

Oh and Game of Thrones I guess, which I burned through fast enough
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Why do you dislike tv series? :/ I tend to like them far more than movies since they last a lot longer, tend to have deeper plots and better character development, and are just more fun to keep up with.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Primarily because they last longer. Comitting 2 hours is casual enough, commiting 10 or more is blaaaaaaargh. It'd be nice if I liked the characters and setting, but my actual interests are pickier than yours, even if I'll watch out of boredom.

Plus I like the element of fiction, and most series don't have that.

Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 621929346 I'm sorry
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, that's true enough. I'm very picky about series I keep up with, but the ones I do I think are well worth the time. Even then, I usually prefer to watch them on tv so it's only like an hour a week, rather than sitting down and slogging through hours worth of episodes.

It's okay lol. Just making suggestions.

Back to top Go down
Shayu Wolf
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Shayu Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 pm

You're somewhat right Gedo ^^; I find it's best to treat the living like human beings and the dead like objects, after all that's what a corpse is, you can't hurt it's feelings if it's dead. Unfortunately it's quite stressful when you needed that object for something >.< .

Since my friend as has died, I have taken intellectual property of his personality, he is now a character of mine :3

I haven't gotten into a TV series since Breaking Bad ended. That was a fun trip. Anybody here seen black lagoon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 pm

I think it's about time to make a new chat thread, isn't it?
Fooly's thread has the most posts now, going both beyond yours and mine. D:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 pm

I believe people feel sad over dead people not for the deceased but for the griever's own loss.  Dying isn't so bad, especially if the person was old or sick and had low quality of life. But you miss having them there. It's usually almost entirely selfish, but understandable.

You turned your dead friend into a character? Interesting. :0

Everyone tells me that since I'm a chemist, I should watch it. :roll:Never heard of Black Lagoon.

You're right. New thead it is! :O

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly   Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly - Page 43 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 9: A Song of Ice and Fooly
Page 43 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43