Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:05 am

Aegis

- Alina -

"You have nothing to apologize for, Samael." Alina put a hand on his shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze before stepping back again. "This decision was out of your control, and in hindsight, I could have done things differently beforehand. This whole situation, although not ideal, can still work out to our advantage. It can all still work out to our peoples' advantage. And they're the ones that matter here."

She gave him the closest thing to a smile that she could currently produce, and pulled her hand up into a salute. "Now, wish us luck, and send us on our way."

---------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

"Them?" Lisa mouthed the word over Alina's shoulder, and her eyes suddenly widened with understanding. Raidon was talking about children.

Plural.

She and Arya so needed to have a talk when this was over with, but that would be something for another day.

As Marcus, James, and Rise approached, Lisa waved them towards the elevator. "Let's give the two of them a minute to sort things out." She said, motioning for them to go ahead. Lisa didn't follow them though. She had some words for him too, once Alina was done.

As they parted, Lisa walked over to Raidon, gently punching him on the shoulder. "So, I take it you didn't just barely knock up my sister then?" She searched his eyes for the answer. His words would be heard, but they weren't necessary. "You better be ecstatic about this. She deserves nothing less."

---------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

As the last of the group filtered into the elevator, she pulled the switch to close the doors. "Alright. Ground rules."

"We're going to talk. If negotiations break down, we'll re-calibrate our approach, but I don't plan on starting any fights today." She turned her gaze towards Lenka, Marcus, and Luke. "I don't know the three of you very well yet. So, let's get this clear. You all stay safe on my watch. If I give an order, I expect it followed, because I wouldn't have given it without a good reason."

"If I don't give any orders, assume I trust you to deal with the situations you create for yourself and act accordingly."

"Got it?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Caltha - Bunker

Raidon nearly choked at Lisa's words. That definitely wasn't the way he would have described the situation. When she asked about his anticipation, though, he sobered up.

"I don't know how to be a good father," he admitted. "I didn't have the best example. But I do want this. I want to try."

He thought of Arya, of his hand on her stomach, of the little babies she'd one day hold in her arms. his babies.

He smiled faintly. He'd be lying if he said the anxiety and fear weren't still there. But for the first time, there was something else there too, something light and hopeful.

"You should get going," he said, nodding toward the elevator. "If we want these children to have a promising future, we're going to have to start making it today."

He watched Lisa go, steeling himself for whatever came next.

--------------------------------------------------

Lisa clambered into the elevator, and the group took off. Rise felt a nervous but eager anticipation as they began to climb for the surface. Alina gave them a pep talk, but Rise didn't need it. They'd fought before, and already she felt herself slipping into the old Aegis form. Hopefully, they could trust the other three to follow their lead.

Once they reached the surface, Alina led the way to her family estate and her private airship. No doubt Lisa wouldn't be too happy to be in it again so soon, but it couldn't be helped.

Lisa... As they strapped in, Rise cast her mind back at Lisa stopping to converse with Raidon. She seemed surprised by something Raidon had said, something about a future for "them" or something. What was it? "I don't want to think of them being born into a country without your leadership." Yeah, that was it.

Wait... "Them being born"? Her eyes widened. She looked over at Lisa, half ready to shout, then stopped herself.

Nah... couldn't be.

Old Bunker

Alina's airship landed by the old bunker, and Aegis clambered out to look up at the old bunker they'd once called home. Rise felt so many old memories and feelings wash over her, and she clutched James' hand automatically.

And to think, that Lev punk was squatting in there, desecrating that.

Rise narrowed her eyes, released James' hand, and marched first over to the entrance. She still remembered the old passcode, and the door opened for them.

Into pitch darkness.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Old Bunker

- Lenka & James -

Lenka looked at her feet during the flight. She felt a little nervous. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Finally they landed and stepped up to the entrance. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was James.

"Just be careful, okay?" he said, though his eyes said that he was much more concerned than he let on.

Lenka nodded. Even though she was curious, she knew better than to step up and walk in first.

Her eyes wandered back to Rise who was getting ready to enter the pitch black of the entrance. She was so brave.

James took a deep breath and stepped up behind Rise. "Let's go," he said and took out a flashlight. The light ghosted around the empty walls. It looked dark and dusty, and he wanted to say deserted, but that would be too good to be true.

"Let's hope the lights still turn on in this place."

Lenka waited for them, Alina and Lisa to enter the bunker before stepping up. The darkness didn't really bother her.

-------------------------------------

Old Guard - New HQ

- Kurik -

Kurik leaned back in his chair and placed his feet on the table. Normally he wouldn't indulge in such a disrespectful behavior. However, the room was dusty and table was covered in old papers. This place needed a thorough clean anyways.

He watched as Annabelle and Lorrin tried to get the equipement to work. It didn't quite seem to start up. Maybe age had damaged it.

There was a quiet knock at the door.

"Enter."

Two of Annabelle's Privates came in carrying two heavy boxes full of their own equipment. Annabelle looked relieved.

"Where do you want this?"

Kurik jumped up and pulled the old files from the table. He waved them over just as Annabelle said, "On the table."

He helped them lift the boxes. They contained the back up computer system that they could hopefully hook up to the current system.

"Is everyone getting settled in?" he asked them.

"Yes, more or less," one of them answered. "I think we'll be unpacking and setting up until morning."

They turned to leave after saluting. Kurik followed after them.

"You can reach me via com, if anything happens," he said to Lorrin. "I'll help getting things settled."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:29 am

Old Guard
Belobog, "Belo", Volkov

"Sir, I will do everything in my power for Arusia." Said Belobog with determination in his eyes.

"What do you have in mind?" He asked, his voice firm as ever. Belobog posture was ready to do everything. Whatever Maxim asked him to do, Belobog was going to do it as he firmly believed Maxim has Arusia's best interest.

Old Bunker

Luke Jaron

Luke smiled faintly, the situation reminded him of his escape from Legion's base. "This really bring back memories..." Luke muttered. "That said, I remember one of the Aegis' member used to have Hama Strain..." Luke commented, recalling the information that he accidentally found out while he went to save the children.

Then remembering that he had not shared about his past, he cleared his throat. "I mean, I heard the rumors about your group... So was it you, James? You mentioned you had a strain once, right?" Luke asked.

Peterny - Basement
Nadenka Orlov

"You think?" Said Nadenka, "I think not, I think I will definitely fall for you. Well, I guess, we are talking different circumstances here that's why you have a doubt about your charm." She smiled playfully.

When Alexei pointed out they should move out, Nadenka nodded, her playfulness was quickly covered by her seriousness. She knew fully well what she was going to do, and she was not going to let hesitation stop her now."Right, let's bust your friend out."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:44 am

Aegis

- Alina -

As the darkness of the bunker loomed before her, Alina stepped forward, one hand on her rapier. Setting her features in a hard expression, she took a step through the door. So many memories in this place, not all of them good, but back then she'd hoped there wouldn't be any more bad ones here.

A disembodied flashlight moved over her shoulder, lighting the way. That would be Lisa, she thought to herself as another slipped past lighting up the other side of the hallway.

"What do you guys think?"
Alina asked over her shoulder. "Should we knock, or just walk in like we own the place?"

Would it be poor form to point out that until earlier this morning, she technically did own the place? Probably not the best train of thought right now, but ironically amusing none the less.

---------------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

"I thought we were here to talk." Lisa responded, rolling her eyes. "Although I do seem to recall you having a backup plan in case Lev is a man of few words."

A chill ran down her spine as Alina grinned in response. "How about we start by turning on the air conditioning?"

Lisa watched as Alina knelt beside a vent and placed her palm against it. A faint, aqua light danced over her finger tips as a layer of frost coated the wall beside the vent. After a few seconds, Alina rose back to her feet.

At least the woman hadn't lost her sense of humor, although Lisa wasn't sure this was the best approach for meeting Lev. It wouldn't surprise her if their professional diplomat decided to put Lev once they found him though.

---------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

"I suppose it's a bad idea to just turn on the lights then?" Marcus asked as his eyes darted around the hallway. Overall, it didn't look that much different from the one where they'd been for the last couple of days. Seen one underground bunker, seen em all. Or something like that.

"Seems accurate." Lisa responded. "But I imagine that our fearless leader's freeze-out tactic will announce our presence pretty quickly. So, you might get to turn them on soon enough."

Marcus shrugged, continuing to examine the tunnel. If they wanted to walk in the dark, he wasn't going to complain. This diplomatic mission was beginning to seem less and less diplomatic by the minute though.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Old Guard - New HQ

- Ariana -

Ariana settled into a chair, scowling at the less than luxurious accommodations they'd been subjected to. Farrington seemed to be preoccupied, muttering to himself and pouring over things on his com.

"When will be able to get back to my strain training?" Ariana asked. "I'm supposed to have a near-unified strain like my father, but all I can use so far are Bufu spells."

Farrington ignored her. Ariana narrowed her eyes and extended her right hand, conjuring a magic circle. Then she flicked her hand at it, just as she'd seen her father do in all the footage she'd studied. The icicle shot through the air, embedding itself in the wall just past Farrington.

"Ariana!" he snapped, finally setting his com down. "Now is not the time."

"When then?" she snapped back. "I'm tired of waiting for everything. Waiting for my strain to develop, waiting to get my throne, waiting-"

"Do you know how long I've been waiting to get you on that throne?" Farrington retorted. He took a deep sigh, running a hand over his mustache, then walked over to her. He took a seat across from her and looked her square in the eyes.

"Do you know why I've waited so long, so patiently?" he asked.

Ariana bit her lip and shook her head.

"Because I believe in you," he said. "When I found you, I only... It doesn't matter. I've seen how you've taken to this role, how well you've adopted your father's mannerisms. You can take his place and bring this empire back to greatness."

Ariana, humbled by these words, nodded demurely. Farrington managed a slight smile, then got to his feet.

"Not if we can't weed out a few things first though," he muttered to himself, turning back to his com.

Old Guard
- Maxim -

"Good," Maxim said, smiling. "I appreciate your loyalty, Belo. We've had some unfortunate hiccups, but I feel confident with you still here."

A bit more flattery than truth, but true enough. He would need some help if Farrington were really onto the truth, and it would be best to keep Kurik from direct involvement.

"Belo," Maxim went on, "as far as Alexei and Ehlana, I am sorry things turned out this way. I know the three of you were close."

Peterny - Basement
Nadenka Orlov

As they stole onto a train toward the capital, Nadenka's words continued to ring in Alexei's ears.

"I think not, I think I will definitely fall for you."

He stole a glance at Nadenka, the light from the window playing off her face as she gaze out the train. It was strange how much things had changed since they had taken a train like this before.

Belo had been with them then. Hopefully, he and Kurik weren't regretting their decision to help them out now.

"What do you want?" Alexei asked suddenly. "I said I wanted to rescue my comrade, but... what do you want after all this?"

Aegis

- Rise -

The Hama Strain...

Rise paused and shook her head, feeling a familiar empty pang.

"No, that was Alex," she said quietly.

Something moved in the dark ahead. Had they alerted Lev or whoever else was in here by Alina's freeze-out idea, or something else? It was hard to make out, but Rise was sure she saw something drift from the kitchen into the gym.

Everyone froze for a moment. Then Rise bit her lip and raised her fan to conjure.

"Agilao!" she cried, swiping her fan at the magic circle. A surge of fire raced up the hallway, momentarily illuminating everything. But there was nothing to see. Rise raced up in its wake, pausing to stare into the kitchen.

Memories of their dinners together, of Jane teaching her to cook, welled up inside her. She shut her eyes, then turned toward the gym. Enough screwing around. Rise marched inside and threw on the lights.

Something was strange though. Even though they were on, the light was dimmed and weak, like in a brown-out. It was still enough light, however, to make out the sole figure in the center of the room.

"Lev, right?" Rise asked, resisting the urge to strike. This was supposed to be a diplomatic mission, if they could help it. She just wasn't sure she wanted to help it.

Lev turned toward them, and Rise felt a chill go down her spine. Lev brought his hand up to his mask, and she couldn't help but recognize the gesture. She'd seen it in nightmares, would probably never totally unsee it after everything they'd been through.

"Pierrot?" she whispered.

At the sound of the name, Lev lowered his hand, like he'd been caught in the middle of doing something he shouldn't.

"I thought it might come to this..." Lev whispered, titling his head away slightly, like he wanted to avoid looking at them. "You shouldn't have come here. This can't end any way other than badly."

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Old Bunker

- James & Lenka -

James looked over his shoulder towards Luke and shook his head.
“I had a Zio strain,” he said in response to both him and Rise.

His attention was caught by Rise’s sudden movement and her casting. The fire illuminated the empty hallway for a few seconds.

“So much for a diplomatic mission,” Lenka muttered when Rise darted off into the darkness, closely followed by James and the others. They went from the hallway into the gym. The lights were faint in here and she could see a figure standing in the dim light.

Rise and James seemed to recognize him.

Cautiously she pulled on James’ sleeve.

“Who is Pierrot?” she asked. “I thought we’re looking for Lev…” she pursed her lips. The situation was becoming more and more cryptic. Also, why would this Lev or Pierrot character just threaten them?
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:22 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

Lisa gasped in the silence of the bunker. The figure before them was a nightmare from the past that she'd thought was long behind them now. Instinctively, she reached into her bag and grabbed a handful of meditation balls. Before Lisa could release them into the air though, cold fingers wrapped around her forearm.

She didn't have to look up to know it was Alina, but even so, she felt the need to protest. "Nothing good has ever come from someone wearing that mask."

----------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

"I know." Alina gave Lisa's arm a squeeze before releasing it. Despite her own reservations, the air in the room was chilling quickly now. Her emotions were involved, and the result was on display in her magic.

Fear and confusion were not the least of them, but at the forefront was anger.

"Lev." She practically spat the name as she stepped around Rise and towards the figure. "Lev...iathan."

"But you're not. This has all been too sloppy for an entity that could pull off an almost twenty year deception."

The weight of a frosted crown now rested upon her head, and she laid a hand on the hilt of her rapier.

"Choose your next words wisely."

"Why would you, who knows what that name means. What that mask means. Why would you choose to hide behind them both?"
She had to force the words out between gritted teeth.

- Marcus -

Okay. So, clearly this wasn't the person that Aegis had expected to find here. Marcus had suspected that Alina might be a bit forward, given the conversation she'd had with Keynes before they left, but this was different.

Whoever this was standing before them was someone that they knew. He tried to recall the name Pierrot from anywhere. Had James mentioned a Pierrot in his story? Chastenay, right? But he was dead.

Lev...iathan.

Marcus swallowed. Okay, THAT name he recognized, and not in a good way. His fingers clinched, only relaxing slowly when Alina called him out as an imposter.

He could only hope she was right. Because a monster? Marcus wasn't sure he was ready to deal with that.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:18 am

Luke Jaron

Luke had eyes on the shady character the moment Rise had discovered its presence, and Luke remember it well from his encounter with Legion. No, to be precise, he only saw the Pierrot once. A message that was played in the Legion's base.

He don't remember clearly what was the position, but from how others react to him, Luke could only make an educate guess that this person was one of the main threat in that fight.

He was not so sure what would happen next, but he was not going to let him get away. Since Alina was talking to the person, Luke just had himself ready to pounce at him if things go south.

On the Way to Capital

Nadenka Orlov

"After all this?" Nadenka asked, "I don't know..." Said Nadenka, gazing at the window again, then she looked at Alexei's direction. "What if I want this conflict to end? Do you think you can make that happen?" She asked, then she smiled at him weak, yet with warmth. "It's quite hard isn't it? So I will stay with you, for now. And help you and your friend. That's the least I could do as a friend." She smiled and gaze at the window. "She's lucky, a man who would risk his life to save his love is rare these days." she commented in teasing manner.

Old Guard
Belobog, "Belo", Volkov

"Sir, we were, but my country will always come first." Said Belobog, "I take it that Old Guard had given you a trouble as well, Sir? Subordinates incompetence always bring pain to their superiors, I feel ashamed that I am one of them." Belobog baited his lips, "I would do my best to make it right for you and for Arusia, sir." Said Belobog in confidence.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 am

Old Bunker

- Rise -

"Lev." Rise turned as Alina brushed past her, eyes cold and hard as ice."Lev...iathan."

Rise's eyes widened. No, it couldn't be. Not him.

No... it couldn't be. Something was different about him. Alina seemed to think so as well.

"But you're not. This has all been too sloppy for an entity that could pull off an almost twenty year deception."

Lev looked up at Alina, at the icy crown and rapier in her hand, and remained silent and still.

"Why would you, who knows what that name means. What that mask means. Why would you choose to hide behind them both?" Alina forced out between gritted teeth.

Lev shrank back, staring vaguely off into the corner. He seemed in a daze, only half there.

"It's a reminder..." he murmured. "I can't hide what's inside. None of us can."

Rise exchanged a look with Alina, then stepped forward. But Lev suddenly straightened up and stared at them.

"Go on then." He threw his arms out wide. "Show me. Show me the filth running through your veins!"

Rise felt anger course through her like fire. She held up her fan, eyes narrowed.

"You want it?" she called out, conjuring. "Then come and get it. Maragi!"

She swiped at the magic circle, sending a spread of fireballs shooting through the air at Lev.

Train

- Alexei -

Make the conflict end...

Alexei gazed at Nadenka, lips drawn tightly. There wasn't any stopping what was in motion. Even if he were to tell the Grand Army everything he knew about Arusia and the Old Guard's plans, it was too late to avoid the inevitable takeover.

"It's quite hard isn't it? So I will stay with you, for now. And help you and your friend. That's the least I could do as a friend."

"Thank you," Alexei said, nodding. As a friend... it's funny how something about that sentence bothered him.

Nadenka smiled and gaze at the window. "She's lucky, a man who would risk his life to save his love is rare these days."

Alexei let out an annoyed huff. She really wouldn't let that go, no matter how many times he refuted the idea that he and Ehlana had anything going on between them.

"I risked my ass to save you first," he said. There was a moment's silence, and he blanched. He hadn't really meant to blurt that out.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:50 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

Alina's words tumbled around in her head as Rise stepped forward to launch an offensive.

Who knows that that name means.

Knows what that mask means.

Recognition pulled at the corners of her mind as she tried to put all of the pieces together. Alina clearly knew who this Lev person was. Maybe they all did.

And then, it hit her like a freight train. "No..."

------------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

Rise's attack fell from the chilled air as Alina stretched out her hand, pushing the fireballs aside with an arctic blast.

"Always so impatient." She said as she stepped past Rise again, a cold smile on her face.

"Both of you were."

"Both of you still are."

"But I never dreamed that you'd be so impatient as to stoop to the same levels as Legion. Threatening the very people you claim to protect with chaos and fear."

She wouldn't allow it. No matter who stood on the other side of the line.

But this. Nothing could have prepared her for this.

"Now, take off that mask and talk with me face to face. Alex."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 am

Old Bunker

- James & Lenka -

James turned around to Lenka and explained in a quiet voice who Pierrot was.

Lenka nodded. That made sense. "But why now?"

James shrugged. "I don't know." The situation didn't exactly make much sense to him until Alina dropped Alex' name.

This couldn't be. He didn't want to believe it, but now everything made sense in a perverted way. Why they hadn't been able to find him and why Lev and his group had been able to stay under the radar for so long...

"Why, just why?" he asked.

Lenka stood by quietly for once, wondering if Alina's statement was correct. She thought Alex was their friend. The one who had saved them all.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Old Bunker
Luke Jaron

"You got to be kidding, right?" Luke looked at the masked figure, and he saw the seriousness in Alina and looked at James who looked shock as well.

Luke eyes darted off to Lisa and Rise...

Luke was sure that the reunion in their mind was not something like this. Luke eyes went back to the masked man who had been called out as Alex by Alina.

Was he really the Alex that all these people worried about and cared about? What was he really trying to achieve? Be killed by his friends?

Luke stared at Alex. "I don't understand..." Luke commented softly, "Instead of staging such act, why didn't you just tell them what was troubling you this much...?" Luke was not so sure, but he knows extremist when he sees one.

He himself was one and it was clear that Alex had something in his mind that led him to go that extreme... As told by Rise, if this was the place that hold so much precious memories..... Something in Alex's mind must have forced him to go this far... Something must have...

When Luke had to be in the extreme, he had no one. But, Alex had them. So what have driven him to this?

Train
Nadenka Orlov

"Hmmm?" Nadenka raised her eyebrows, surprised by Alexei showing more emotion than usual. Then she smiled warmly, "Of course, you did," Said Nadenka, then she gently sat beside Alexei. She gave him peck on his cheek. "That's your prize."

Then she let out a soundless sigh, "If you manage to have your eyes set on me even after this, I may come around. I just need time. I mean, who knows, you might just runaway with your friend once you get her back..." She gave him a gentle tug with her elbow to his trained ribs. "I think she's quite pretty, you know? So don't feel bad, if you think I am pushing you. I need time to be honest to myself too." her face was blushing little, "I am not that dense... and if I am going to reply to someone's feeling, I want to give my answer that's only true for him." She cleared her throat, and went back to her seat, she gazed at the window. Nadenka's face had the sign of pinkness. "One step at a time."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Aegis Bunker

- Rise -

Rise have a start as Alina stopped her attack. She didn't have time to protest before Alina stepped forward, however, staring down Lev with an icy smile.

"Always so impatient. Both of you were. Both of you still are."

Rise turned questioningly toward Alina, but somehow, she couldn't get the words out. Why did Alina talk like she knew him?

Did Alina? Did she?

"But I never dreamed that you'd be so impatient as to stoop to the same levels as Legion. Threatening the very people you claim to protect with chaos and fear. Now, take off that mask and talk with me face to face. Alex."

Rise's fans clattered to the floor as she stared at Alina, then snapped around to look at Lev.

No... it couldn't be.

And yet, she knew it was. Somehow, everything fit into place.

"Alex..." she murmured, bringing her hands to her mouth.

Lev flinched and drew back. Then, with shaking hands, he reached up and pulled away the mask. No one in Aegis could mistake the face.

It was Alex.

"I don't understand..." Luke commented softly, "Instead of staging such act, why didn't you just tell them what was troubling you this much...?"

"How could I?" Alex said, his voice trembling. "None of them were there. None of them."

That felt like a barb straight to Rise's heart. Yes, she'd been busy with her new singing career and James' family, but... had she really neglected Alex in all that?

"They can't understand anyway," Alex muttered. As he spoke, something began to happen, out of the shadows, something began to form, a silhouette out of their worst nightmares. It hovered just over Alex's shoulder, its eyes gleaming a wicked gold.

"No one can understand," their voices said in eerie harmony. "They don't have the Unified Gene. They don't know what it's like to know that any day you could become the Leviathan's vessel once again. They don't understand the poison, the taint running through their veins."

Alex clapped his hands to his ears, as though to stifle the wicked specter's voice. "That's why we have to silence it! Silence strains till nothing's left!"

Alex fell to his knees, clutching his head. "I tried. I tried to silence mine. But the treatment didn't work."

The specter crouched beside Alex, hovering just behind his ear, as they spoke in harmony again. "The Unified Gene was too powerful. There's no hope. Not for me."

Rise took a shaky step forward, eyes moving from the ghostly figure of Pierrot to Alex. Could it be real? Was the Leviathan really back?

"Alex..." she whispered. She stopped, feeling a fire welling up inside her once again. No... that wasn't Pierrot. She would never forget that presence. This was something different. Whatever was messing with Alex's mind, she would break him free from it.

"There's still hope though," Alex said, staggering to his feet. "I can still save you. All of you. You can still be cured. I'll MAKE you cured!"

Train
- Alexei -

Alexei watched as Nadenka shifted seats over to him, then pressed her lips gently to his cheek. His skin tingled, and his heart quickened in his chest.

What was this? He'd bed many women in Arusia, and never once felt embarrassed or vulnerable. What was it about Nadenka's quiet and gentle reserve that seemed to do strange things to him?

Nadenka sighed, explaining that she needed time to sort her feelings and come to the place where she felt secure in truly committing herself once again. It made Alexei realize exactly who he was dealing with. Nadenka wasn't a fling or a casual relationship. Moving forward with her was a commitment. Breaking her heart would be unforgiveable.

Was he really ready to put his heart on the line? Maybe he already knew the answer and was too scared to admit it.

Looking up, Alexei met Nadenka's eyes and nodded. She turned back to gaze out the window, and Alexei fell into silent contemplation.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:41 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

None of them were around. None of them.

"None of us?!?" Lisa growled, putting her hands on her hips. The initial shock of Alina's revelation had faded, now replaced by borderline fury.

"More like you spent too much time self-compartmentalizing to drag your dumb butt two buildings over and talk about things with me. I don't want to hear you say that none of us were around."

"I'm not going to pretend to understand you, but that's not exactly my fault if you don't ever talk with me anymore."
It felt surprisingly good to get that off her chest. Although she and Alex had never hung out more than once or twice a week, she had felt it odd when he'd gone MIA for almost a month. Knowing that this was where he'd been, she could easily unleash a little of her frustration on him.

----------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

Marcus blanched as Lisa stepped past him. One moment, they had all been geared up for a confrontation, and the next they're having a discussion. Granted, it was a heated discussion, at least on one end, but still. This felt all kinds of awkward, and Marcus was pretty certain that combat wasn't supposed to go like this.

Glancing in Lenka's direction, he shifted his shoulders, as if asking a silent question. This isn't how it's supposed to go, right?

Whether or not she would understand such communication, he wasn't sure, but he still felt like it needed to be asked, and there was no way he was going to vocalize the concern. With Lisa, Rise, and Alina all in the moods they were, he was likely to get caught in the crossfire.

----------------------------------------------------------------

- Alina -

"You won't be making us anything."
Alina's words were almost as cold as the misting air pouring off of her. "What you're going to do is sit down, and we're going to talk about this like adults. Because, despite the fact that your little stunt has finally cracked open the administration that was already under serious strain, I still believe you're capable of reasonable discussion."

She hoped that was true, but the thing lingering over Alex's shoulder hadn't gone unnoticed. "You're about to become Legion all over again. To throw all of those people, who just started to get back on their feet back to the ground. That's not who you are Alex, and that's sure as hell not how the administration I helped build operates."

"If you have a problem that needs addressed, you come over here and discuss it with me. You don't make threats. It's beneath a person of your character."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Aegis
Luke Jaron

Luke was sure that he shouldn't butt in this matter, but he couldn't help it. He felt drawn to Alex; he felt that Alex was in the state where he was two years ago. A state that he did not wish anyone to experience. The thing that was trying to consume Alex, it was different, but it was not something unfamiliar to him. Before he realized what he was doing, he made a step forward.

"I don't know what made you believe that you are alone, I mean, I don't know much about you." Said Luke, "But I know what is like to fight something that tries consume self, and I know what it's like to be lone-wolf, and I know what it's like to be in fear of losing oneself... and feeling that no one would understand the battle that's happening in self." Luke's eyes darted at his hands, and then looked at Alex. "Trust me, I had been doing that for awhile. But, you already know how to end this fight that's happening within you, right?" Luke made one more step, "You have to let your friends in. If they can't see, you got to help them see. You got to fight it and give your friends a chance... a chance for them to listen what's really happening to you and what you are really going through..." Another gentle step, "I know I am a stranger, but if you did not stand up for the people two years ago, I would still be running from the Legion, the army, and from my family...And perhaps I would have died alone somewhere where no one would find me. So, thank you, Alex. For saving me. For giving me a chance." Said Luke, "So, just like you given me a chance, I wish you could give yourself a chance and give your friends a chance. How about that?" Luke extended his hand towards Alex, waiting for him to make the decision. Luke was not too close to Alex, but perhaps he was most closest target for Alex to attack, if Alex decides to attack.

Was Luke crazy? Perhaps. Was he putting himself in danger by breaking the formation and getting closer to Alex? Yes, he is. But, he could understand little bit of what Alex was going through. Even if it was volunteered loneliness, even if it wasn't, Luke knew how such thoughts drove a person to seclusion.

Luke knew the risk, but he was going to give it a try... Just like how Mark extended warmth, Luke hope his sincere words would bring Alex to warmth that Alex really needed, to warmth of his friends.

_________________________________________________________________________________

In the train

Nadenka Orlov

Nadenka Looked at Alexei's direction, smiling faintly. She was not so sure if the man caught what she meant, then again, did she know what she meant?

Nadenka was not so sure about it, but it was clear that she really had to find the answer that she could be satisfied for herself and for Alexei as well.

Then the long thoughts made her sleepy, and gently her eyes were close. The window was too hard for her head. She tried to find comfort by using her hand to support her head, it was obvious that support was not going to last long, so she stood up and sat next to Alexei.

"Just to let you know this means nothing, to burst your friend, I really need to be in good condition and well-rested... I hope you don't mind..." Then she lean her head on Alexei's side, and quickly she fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:58 am

Old Bunker

James

Realisation dawned on James‘ face. This couldn’t be. No, this shouldn’t be.

Alex’ accusations stung. Had they really been so absorbed that they ignored one of their best friends? That they didn’t see he needed help?

He shook his head slightly. No.

This wasn’t their Alex. Something had gone wrong, maybe when he tried to silence his strain, maybe somewhere else along the way. It was still foolish of them not to watch out for signs.

James crossed his arms, watching to see if Alina was able to resolve the situation.

------------------------

Lenka

Lenka glanced around at this surprising turn of events and caught Marcus’ eyes. She gave him a light shrug back. She didn’t know what was going on either.

Quietly she took a step towards him.

“This isn’t at all what I expected,” she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Aegis

Alex flinched at Lisa's angry tirade. Rise could sympathize with what Lisa was saying, but not everyone could admit they needed help. Alex was always the type to take everyone else's troubles on his own shoulders, not place any on theirs.

"Lisa..." Rise murmured, putting a hand on her shoulder. She couldn't say much else though before Alina took the lead once more, the air chilling all around her - always a dangerous sign. Alina laid out the damage that Alex's actions had had on the government, and it hurt to think that someone she cared about could have had such a negative impact on the country they were trying to save.

Alex hung his head, looking stricken and ashamed. But it was when Luke stepped forward and began to speak that Alex was able to look up, something almost like hope in his eyes. He looked at the hand, then stepped toward him. As he did, the ghostly figure of Pierrot seemed to waver and fade out.

Rise moved over to Luke's side and smiled as Alex approached them, looking so lost. When he reached them, he took Luke's hand. Rise bit her lip and pulled Alex into hug.

"Oh, Alex," she whispered. "I'm so sorry. About everything. But you're we're all together again. That's what matters."

She pulled away and smiled at him, then looked down at his arms and gasped. At this distance, she could see needle marks all over his arms. How many times had he tried to silence his strain.

"Alex..." She put her hand to her mouth and shook her head.

Alex stared down at his arms and trembled slightly. Rise quickly brought her hands together and tried to concentrate.

"Here, let me heal me you," she said, conjuring.

"NO!"

Alex pushed her away, eyes wide. He stared at her - no, just over her shoulder - and shook his head.

"No, Rise..." He looked around wildly at them all. "No, you can't have them! I won't let you!"

Rise stepped forward, tears in her eyes, trying to comfort him. But Alex brought up his hand, conjuring near instantly.

"Mahama!" he cried. A magic circle spanning the entire length of the room erupted upward in a blinding burst of light.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

"Rise! No!" She reached out to grab Rise by the collar and pull her back, but it was too late. The damage already done. Much like Ehlana had shied away from magic, Alex now reacted in a similar manner. Unfortunately, given his own strains, his reaction was much more dangerous.

As the blinding light filled the room, she tugged Rise backwards, away from their friend. Under normal circumstances, he wouldn't hurt them, but nothing was normal about these circumstances. Alex didn't appear to be in his right mind.

Blinking to try and clear away the spots in her vision, Lisa directed all of the flashlight beams she was currently controlling towards where Alex had last been standing, hoping to catch him equally off guard.

--------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

Having been looking towards Lenka and away from Alex at the moment when the light originated, Marcus had slightly more time to react than the others, not to mention his ever sharpening reflexes. At the moment, they felt more like a blessing than a curse though.

Turning his gaze in Alex's direction, he tracked the man's movements. Something told him that jumping to the front of the group wasn't the best idea, but everyone else seemed to still be getting over the blinding flash.

One hand still on the sword at his waist, Marcus slipped past Luke and the girls, who had all been in front of him. Up close, he got his first good look at Lev, or Alex as the others called him. With the track marks running up his arms and the glazed look in his eyes, the only thing Marcus could think was that Alex must be some kind of junky.

Not the most favorable opinion of someone who had once saved the world, but the might could fall just as easily, perhaps even harder since the pedestal was so high.

"You're not being a very agreeable individual right now." Marcus said, keeping his voice even, despite the adrenaline running through his veins. "The lady was only trying to help."

- Alina -

Gritting her teeth against the blinding light, Alina fully drew her rapier now. Whether she wanted to talk this out or not, she wouldn't risk her troops, her friends, any further than she already had.

The last thing she wanted to do was pick a fight with Alex, but if he wouldn't see reason, she couldn't allow him to be a threat to those around him.

Why did leadership have to come with so many bad choices? She was beginning to feel the weight of them all on her shoulders, especially after this last week.

Alex would always be a friend, but Lev was a threat, not only to her friends, but to the entire country. She had failed her people as High General, but as Commander Alina Grey, she would not do the same. Cold resolve washing over her, she waited for the blurriness of her vision to clear.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Aegis

Rise, confused and disoriented, wriggled out of the hand holding onto her. It took a moment to realize it was Lisa, once her vision had returned.

"Lisa?" she murmured. She turned as Lisa directed all the flashlights on Alex, who winced and shielded his eyes. Marcus took that opportunity to charge up to Alex and chide him for the sudden aggression.

Unfortunately, Alex interpreted this as a sign of aggression as well.

"No, stay back!" he cried. "Agidyne!"

Almost instantly, a meteor materialized in the sky and hurtled down on Marcus. Rise gasped and dashed forward, her fans already in motion for conjuring.

"Red Wall!" she cried, erecting a shield in front of Marcus. The power of Alex's spell was too great, however, and the shield shattered apart in the explosion. Marcus and Rise were thrown back to the ground with a cry of pain.

"R-Rise?" Alex whispered, his eyes becoming focused. "I... I didn't mean..."

He shut his eyes and clasped his hands to his head. Lighting scorched through the air, striking the ground and ceiling around them. Ice spontaneously crystallized across equipment and formed patched along the wall. Wind kicked up in unpredictable currents.

Rise sat up, her eyes wide with fear. It was like when Jax's synth seraph went berserk after his little sister's death, only much worse. Alex was so afraid of losing control that he was self-fulfilling his own prophesy of doom.

His mind... it was cursed with the unbearable weight of his Unified Strain and what it meant that-

Rise's eyes widened. Curse... Maybe there was a way to break through whatever was affecting Alex's mind.

"Everyone!" Rise called out. "I think I can calm him down. But I need you to buy me some time."

Rise knelt to the ground, trying to ignore the magic running wild around her, and clasped her hands together as though in prayer as she conjured with all her might.

(OOC: Some people will need to try to hold Alex back, and some will need to protect Rise from the spells running wild so they don't interrupt her casting.)

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:37 am

Luke Jaron

"NO! Don't!" Luke did not understand why they couldn't stay calm, why couldn't they trust each other better. Why couldn't they understand that Alex was not trying to harm them, but was trying to protect them from his internal struggle.

But the little faith in Alex did the damage and Marcus ran towards Alex, thankfully Rise intercepted preventing Marcus from roasting.

However, Alex went berserk as he realized he had hurt his friend. "No! Alex! No!" Then Rise called everyone, someone to hold Alex and someone to protect Rise from the wild magic.

Luke was sure which part he had to play. "I will hold his strain at bay! James! Lenka! Could you help me to Support Rise?" Luke asked as he knew whatever he was going to do, he still need some people to watch over Rise "I leave holding down Alex to rest of you." Luke was pretty confident that they would do well, "Marcus, it would be good time to let your anger out." He said to the guy who still got fight left in him.

"Overlimit, Strain-Overdrive!" Luke started to feel the surge within him running wild as well, "Makarakarn! Matetrakarn!" Said Luke, casting several layers of barriers blocking off wild strain that tries to disrupt Rise and may hurt others, and cast another one, stacking another set of it. Luke hope that it could withstand Alex's strain attacks, and buy enough time for Rise to complete her cast. Luke should be able to cast Makarkarn and Matetrakarn again, the moment that it shows crack so that it would be renewed.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 pm

Aegis

- Marcus -

Let his anger out? Marcus barely heard the words through the ringing in his ears. Was that what he'd looked like when he'd taken on the Redcape? Like he was letting his anger out?

He definitely had a lot of anger right now, but that loss of perspective, of control, wouldn't make this situation any better. Marcus flexed his fingers, feeling the burn of the motion all the way through his body. That spell had been no joke. He had barely been able to reflexively shield Rise. If not for her own counter, he probably wouldn't be much more than a smouldering pile of ash now.

Gritting his teeth, Marcus pushed himself to his feet and drew his sword. Fighting an ally might be an issue for the others, but he and Alex had never crossed paths before now. This wasn't personal for him.

- Lisa -

"Oh, get over yourself!" A flashlight clipped Alex in the back of the head, sending Lisa's message loud and clear. Less than a second later, another shot for the back of his knee, intended to drop Alex to the ground. She didn't want to hurt him, but sometimes men just needed a good beating to get their heads on straight.

A bolt of electricity shot in her direction, but the third flashlight intercepted it, creating a shorter path to ground it away from her. With a sizzling pop, the bulb exploded, throwing little fragments of glass onto the floor.

"Are you actually trying to kill us all, you insufferable goof?"

- Alina -

A pillar of ice shot up in front of Alina, carving through the electricity that scoured the walls on either side of her. Just as quickly, it fell to the floor, and she rolled over it, ducking beneath a wave of flames. Having an opponent with every strain was definitely nothing to laugh at.

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of Marcus, also moving towards Alex. His entire torso was covered in frost, and a bolt of electricity caught him in the arm, arcing out from his sword. To her surprise, the boy didn't flinch. He must have the Kaja strain to shrug off that kind of abuse.

A sideways gust of wind staggered her, but after a second of regaining her footing, she continued pressing forward. At least Lisa was providing them with a distraction while they navigated the maelstrom of chaotic magic.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:28 pm

- James -

James flinched at the light. He was too far away to react in time, but luckily Lisa stood by to pull Rise away. When his eyes adjusted, the scene had changed to a more chaotic one. Alex unified gene seemed to go berserk and none of the normal spells appeared to hold against it.

He glanced to his side, Lenka still stood there, slightly stunned at the display of magic.

James gritted his teeth. This wasn't making him very useful at the moment.

Luke created a barrier to protect him, Lenka and Rise, who was casting something in an attempt to calm Alex down. Meanwhile Lisa, Alina and Marcus tried to keep Alex busy. It didn't appear to be working very well.

He could see that Luke's barrier was already starting to weaken. It would only be a matter of time, until the first spells started to break it. In his head he counted the seconds until it would disappear. Even with his Overlimit active, Luke wouldn't be able to withstand the power of the unified gene forever.

"Lenka, get out of the way," he said. "Try not to get hit by any spells. I don't want you to get caught in the crossfire!" James grabbed his sister by the shoulder and spun her around to break her stare and ushered her back.

Then he grabbed Rise's fans that she's dropped when she started conjuring. His katanas wouldn't do anything against spells, but the fans should be able to deflect or absorb them.

3... 2... 1... 0...

Cracks started showing and when the first spell broke through a weaker point and headed towards Rise. Quickly he deflected it back. It didn't look nearly as elegant as Rise, but it got the job done.

He wasn't going to let anything happen to her, so he would watch her back while she was busy conjuring.

-------------------

Lenka

Meanwhile Lenka had taken a few steps back, still watching the spectacle, even though James had told her to go hide. Well, too bad, she didn't feel like hiding.

This was wrong. Alex was a friend. He shouldn't have to go through this. In her mind, it clearly wasn't his fault, but whoever or whatever was controlling him had seriously messed him up.

Almost involuntarily, she stepped closer to the chaos, moving out from under the barrier and out of James view, who was focusing on Rise.

She felt almost drawn towards it. A small part of her mind told her how crazy and dangerous this was. She should be hiding, she should be terrified in light of this power display. However, she was not.

Suddenly, she was hit with a Zio spell that bounced off one of the barriers. Lenka froze. Her hands clutched at her chest and for a moment she couldn't breathe. Surprisingly there was no pain, just energy. She could feel it flowing through her. It welled up, growing stronger and stronger until it felt she couldn't contain it within her body anymore.

Lenka pushed her hands out. Electricity exploded around her hands and shot forward like a Zio spell multiplied by 1000. It headed straight for Alex, encasing him in bright ball of lightning.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:05 am

Alex fell to the ground from Lisa's blows, dizzy and gasping. But if anything, it only made his magic even more out of control.

"No, I'm sorry," he groaned. "I don't..."

Pierrot's mask obscured his vision, a wicked yellow gleam from behind the eyeholes.

"Fool," it whispered. "It was only a matter of time. It's only a matter of time before each and everyone one of them is mine, like a puppet on a string. Starting with you."

"NO!" Alex cried, thrusting his hands to ward the apparition away. The Megido spell exploded from his fingertips, hurling Lisa away into Marcus.

Then Lenka's lightning spell struck, encasing Alex in a cage of electricity. But then next moment, he wavered like a mirage and appeared outside of it, thanks to the Trafuri spell.

"Please, stop. Make it all stop!" Alex said, burying his face in his hands as he simultaneously cast Maragidyne, Mabufudyne, and Magarudyne, spawning flaming meteors, tremendous icicles, and slicing tornadoes.

"Alex, enough."

Rise opened eyes and unclasped her hands, thrusting them at the magic circle in front of her. "Amrita!"

A rush of cold winter air swept through the room. Alex recoiled, like an ocean wave of icy water had crashed into him. The spells suddenly vanished, and the room fell silent.

"R-Rise?" Alex murmured. He looked up, dreading the sight of Pierrot's haunting form. But it vanished, like a puff of harmless smoke.

"Oh god... what have I...?" Alex looked up at all of them, then quickly hid his face in shame.

Rise strode up to him and forced him to look back up. "Hey, enough of that. No more skulking in shadows. We're your friends, and you're going to look us in the face."

Trembling slightly, but finally lucid, Alex turned his face toward them. He mouthed wordlessly. What could he say to make any of this okay?

"Let's go back to the kitchen," Rise said. With an arm around Alex, she led him over to James.

"Can you take Alex with you? I think a few people could probably use some healing," she told him, glancing around at some of the others. "And by the way, you look cute with those fans."

She managed a smile, then moved over to Lisa and began casting her healing magic.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:17 pm

Luke Jaron

"Woah- Nicely done!" Said Luke as Lenka struck Alex with her awaken Zio-Strain. However, just like before, to Alex it seemed all was child play.

Luke's barrier as well was child's toy to Alex. However, Rise managed cast before it gets out of hand completely.

Luke gave harmless grin at Alex, who finally snapped out of it, and his eyes traveled to Lenka. Luke knew pretty well that James got this, so he decided to check on her first.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Luke asked Lenka, "Looks like you found yourself a new friend. A wild one that is." Said Luke, gently smiling, indicating that she got a strain to work with.

That being said Luke realized he was losing his strength, the tension was gone and all the strength he put up had just been released.

"Oh...great..." Said Luke, as he walked little bit further to find a place to sit, but with all the mess, it was hard to find one, than he collapsed. However, still conscious. "I'm okay! Take care of others first! I just need some food......and some.....rest...." Said Luke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 31 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next