Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Ergo Research  - Kitchen
- Rise -

Rise smiled as James pulled her into a hug. It felt good to have things settling down a bit to normal.

"A vegetable medley soup and a roast," she said, kissing his cheek. She turned back to the table and counted the number of plates to make sure they were sufficient, then paused.

"Wait, why is Luke staying with the Redcape?" she asked. Kokonoe shook her head and massaged her temples.

"Cause he's not a Redcape anymore," she said. Rise's eyes widened.

"Wait, you guys did it? The cure worked?" she asked, turning to James. Then she hit his arm. "Was anyone going to tell me about this?"

"We didn't have a chance," Kokonoe replied, sinking a little lower into her chair. "Besides, in case you couldn't tell, I'm a little tired here."

Rise sighed and leaned back against the counter.

"Well, this is good, right? Is Mark going to be okay? Can they help the other Redcapes?"

"As far as we can tell," Kokonoe said. "And they're going to try. But that's out of our hands now."

"It's a start," Rise said, brightening up. "And it's something we can toast to."

She ushered everyone to take seats at the table, feeling a warm flush at the nostalgic feeling of friends gathered around the table together.

------------------------------

- Raidon -

Widen? Raidon looked from the girl down to his arms and legs, wondering what he was supposed to be widening.

Widen... Oh, Raidon. She was trying to say his name.

"No, he told her. Raidon. RAI-DON."

Millie's attention was already elsewhere, however. She latched onto one of the pins on his coat and attempted to tug it off, shouting "Sparkly!" once more.

"No, no," Raidon said. He had to release one hand - very carefully not to drop her - to extract her grasp from his pin.

"Not sparkly," he instructed. "Polished."

He frowned. Were all children like this? He couldn't imagine behaving this way as a child. Then again, who he was before his father gave him the scar on his face was a very different person than the who he was after.

Raidon looked at Millie's innocent face, and it felt like an old wound had tore open. He'd never doubted his father's actions before, but now he couldn't help but wonder.

What parent could scar their child like that?

He swallowed a lump in his throat and shook the thought away as he turned the corner and spotted the kitchen. His father had done what he thought was right. Maybe Raidon himself would have been no different. It didn't really matter though. He was never destined to be a father.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Ergo Research Lab
- Arya -

“Thank you,” Arya released Lisa from her hug. “I still can’t believe it.” She smiled. “It also means you’ll be an aunt,” she added with a wink at Lisa.

“Oh,” Arya gasped, “And Samael will be a father.” Suddenly she looked a little unsure. It occurred to her, that she had never really discussed children with Raidon. How would he react? Did he even want children?

Before she could sort her thoughts, the medical officer came back.

“I have some iron supplement for you and I will arrange for the results to be sent to your medical officer in Helios. She’ll be taking care of you and will help you with anything you need,” the medic said and handed her a small blister pack. “Take one to every meal and have your iron values re-checked every three weeks.”

Arya took the pack and nodded.

“C’mon, we were going to eat anyways,” she said and took Lisa’s hand and started walking. Her face was still lit up with happiness. “But you have to promise…not a word to anybody, until I’ve had a chance to tell Samael,” she said. “I’ll have to go visit him as soon as I can.”

Arya bit her lip. She knew Lisa and Samael didn’t have the best relationship, even though they both tried for her sake. Hopefully this didn’t strain their relationship even more.

“Will you be okay with this?” she asked her sister affectionately.

--------------------------

Ergo Research  - Kitchen
- James & Lenka -

James blushed lightly and rubbed his arm. It didn't really hurt, he was just surprised. Thankfully Kokonoe explained everything, relating how the cure had worked on Mark and hopefully the other Redcapes.

“Of course we were gonna tell you,” he mumbled. “It’s just been a really long day.” Which would hopefully quiet down a little. He had enough excitement for one day.

When everyone sat down, he could feel memories returning from long ago. It was good. Familiar. They hadn’t done this in a long time.

He helped Rise dish out the food and then sat down across from Jax.

“You went to see the prisoner…Ehlana, right?,” he began. “How did it go? Did you get anything useful from her?” he asked Jax.

Without doing so purposefully, his eyes drifted over to Lenka every now and then. She still looked pale, but who was he kidding? She always looked pale.

Lenka, meanwhile, had recovered and sat upright in her chair. More than anything she was feeling hungry, something that was only too evident by her stomach growling loudly.

“So where is your daughter?” she asked Kokonoe and Keynes, remembering that she saw the little girl at the lab earlier, but not when they left. "Her name is Millie, right? She's just the most adorable kid. And so sweet," Lenka gushed away cheerfully. "How old is she? She must be a bright kid if you let her roam around the lab.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Peterney
Belobog "Belo" Volkov

Belobog bite his lips, and he had his eyes staring at the ground; the comrades had planned and were willing to take the risk for the mission. While his comrades were putting everything in the line, Belobog, he himself had been resting and trying to find a way to contact them.

He should have just started something, even it would kill him. That might have helped his comrades...

When it was his turn to tell his side of the story, Belobog sighed.

"I was trying to kill the redcape before its capture, but I failed and had gained an injury that looked very dire. Nadenka, the prisoner, discovered me in the woods and nursed me back to health." Said Belobog, stating what he knew. "I discovered that she's a military officer, and was able to hack into her computer. I found out of Ergo Research Center through her computer files and decided to take the matter in my hands to kill the redcape." Belobog curled his lips. "Of course, however, when I arrived, I was too late and I assisted Alexei with his escape. From on wards, it just like what Alexei had said."

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

After James left for the dinner, Luke cleared his throat, and then started tapping the ground and creating the beat, started a song.

Spoiler:

After he sang, Luke sighed, looking at his friend who is still unconscious "Like you did for me, I will do it for you too."

He slowly smiled, "You know, I learned a lot and there's so much to tell you... Some part of it, you might not like it though..."

Luke chuckled thinking all back to the emotional roller coaster he had went through, but settled quite quickly. "You just need to wake up, idiot, then I will tell you crazy things that's been happening...."

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Peterney
- Kurik -

Kurik listened quietly to Belo.

“So you were hurt pretty badly,” he asked. “How did you make such a quick recovery?”

He counted the days on his fingers. Then he realized.

“Wait, she’s a strain user? A healer? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Kurik sounded more upset with himself than angry at Belo or Alexei. “What if she has more than one strain? This is important information. The guards need to be warned.”

Kurik got up, shaking his head. “I’ll be right back.” It was too easy to forget about magic and strains if you lived in a place where they didn’t exist. In the old days, he had been much more suspicious of anyone he met and anticipated that people he encountered had magic.

You need to pay more attention he scolded himself while he hurried out of the room. How did he allow this routine check to slip his mind?
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Aegis

- Millie -

Millie turned her gaze up at Raidon's face again, giving the pin one more tug. "Porridge?" She shook her head enthusiastically. "No porridge. Sparkly!"

"Silly Widen." She buried her face into the shoulder of his coat, humming a tune.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

"Probably best if you don't remind me of that." Lisa responded with a chuckle. "Hearing you call me an aunt makes it sound like I'm old."

She gave her sister another squeeze when she saw the look on Arya's face. "He'll be extatic." Lisa whispered into Arya's ear with a smile. "Or he doesn't deserve you." Odd that those were the words she chose. Up until now, she'd always thought that Raidon didn't deserve her sister. Maybe this would change things.

"You don't need to worry about me." Lisa said, linking her arm with Arya's as they made their way out of the infirmary. "This news is yours to share, and I'll never be anything but happy for you."

"So smile a little."

- Keynes -

"We don't exactly let her roam around the lab. She's a regular little escape artist." Keynes responded with a chuckle. "Fortunately," he pulled Kokonoe a little closer, smiling down at her, "Kokonoe had the lab childproofed, just in case. So, the cute little thing can't get into too much trouble."

"I haven't checked on her since I got back, but I assume she's in the nursery?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in Kokonoe's direction.

- Marcus -

As the not so subtle sound of Lenka's stomach rumbled through the room, Marcus slid two bowls of soup onto the table, one in front of Lenka, and the other in front of Rise.

"Ladies." He said, taking a step back. "You cooked it. So, it's only fair you eat first."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:06 am

Ergo Research  - Kitchen

- Marcus -

"Thanks," Rise said, taking the bowl from Marcus with a smile. "I guess you're not a total ogre then."

She winked.

"I'm withholding knighting you just yet though," she added. She sipped on the soup, humming appreciatively. Hopefully, the roast had turned out as good.

-------------------------

- Jax -

Jax dug into his bowl of soup, though it was clear from the way he was eyeing the roast that he was much more interested in the main course.

"Yeah," I saw her," he said, looking up at James. "Didn't get much out of her though, not that I was expecting much. She's too tight-lipped. We're going to have to play the long game. Once she starts to realize that whoever she's working for has no intention of rescuing her, her resolve will start to waver."

After another few mouthfuls of soup, he set down his spoon.

"The Council wants to speak with her personally. I'm going to have to take her back to the Capital in the morning."

- Kokonoe -

Kokonoe shook her head at Lenka's question.

"You don't let Millie do anything," she said. "She finds a way to do what she wants. Even Lambda has a hard time keeping up with her."

Keynes asked where Millie was, raising an eyebrow in her direction. Kokonoe scowled back.

"I was a little busy with angsty teenagers breathing down my neck and people's lives on a timer. I haven't had a chance to-"

She stopped abruptly as Raidon entered the kitchen, Millie squirming in his grasp as she attempted to seize one of his pins.

"Your daughter was roaming around," he supplied, eyes flitting from one parent to the other. "I thought I should bring her to you."

He looked at Millie one last time, then handed her over to Kokonoe.

"Uh, thanks," she said. Kokonoe settled Millie on her lap and brushed her hair away from her forehead.

"I should go," Raidon murmured, glancing about the room. The rest of the table seemed to have gone silent as his presence. Even though they were allies, he doubted Aegis saw him as one of their companions.

"Just sit," Kokonoe said, pushing the chair at the end of the table out with her foot. Raidon settled down, with Kokonoe to his right and Keynes on his left.

"Your daughter is..." Raidon seemed to struggle for a description. "...animated."

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:51 am

Arusian
Belobog "Belo" Volkov

"She is Dia strain user." Said Belobog, and before he could tell Kurik that she's single strain user, Kurik speculated that she might have more strain and went off to the prison.

Belobog sighed, "There he goes..." Belobog casted his eyes on the food that he was about to eat. He sighed again, "Everything was going according to the plan... What made that redcape special? Why did they chased after that redcape?" Belobog muttered; they were in shadows, and many redcapes were created by them.

No member of Aegis made a movement back then, and then some how, this redcape got their attention. "The man who I shot... Was he any importance to Kaddath?" Belobog was not so sure if he was asking question to himself or to Alexei.

Belobog just had no appetite... They were going to lose their comrades who fought and trained together.... Not by enemies' hand, but their own ally.

Heading to Prison

Nadenka Orlov

"So, where are you guys from?" She asked the guards who were leading her to the prison. "Are you both from Kaddath?"

She shrugged, "I know I am a prisoner, but, I want you all to know that I was an officer of old Kaddath, too. The country made its fall while I was treating wounded."

She sighed, "I mean, who knew right? In any case, if old Kaddath comes back, would they recognize the death of the all the spies that lost their life for the old Kaddath?"

She asked, one might say that she's trying to start conversation. However, after hearing about getting old Kaddath back, she can't help, but ask that question.

Was she trying to search for the reason to join this cause? She was not sure...
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Ergo Research  - Kitchen
- Lenka -

Lenka threw an appreciative look at Marcus when he placed a bowl in front of her. She beamed a smile at him and guestured for him to take a seat as well.

She began eating, it really did taste good. Though with the way her stomach had been complaining, anything would taste like heaven.

In between mouthfuls, she chuckled at Keynes and Kokonoe when they described Millie roaming around as she pleased.

“Looks like you’ll be having lots of fun when she becomes a teenager,” she said amused.

Just then Raidon entered with Millie. Lenka watched him as he awkwardly handed Millie back to Kokonoe. He didn’t seem very comfortable holding her. Actually, looking around, he didn’t seem very comfortable, period. The conversation in the room had gone silent. However, Kokonoe invited him to sit and he didn’t refuse.

It dawned on Lenka who he was, having never actually met him, but only heard stories. She glanced back and forth between Keynes and Raidon. She didn’t feel awestruck, but still a little intimidated by his presence. He seemed so… stoic and unapproachable.

------------------------
- James -

James was enjoying his soup while Jax talked. It was good. Then again, he loved almost anything Rise cooked.

“I see,” he replied. “Hopefully the Council can see eye to eye with your suggestion and doesn’t try to push her. That just might shut her down completely. Oh and I'll send you all the data we have on her and her accomplices, albeit it's not much,” he admitted.

He looked up when Jax mentioned that he would leave in the morning. “I’m sorry to see you go so soon again,” he said. “We don’t get enough time to catch up…like this,” he gestured around. He didn’t mention that it was partly because he hadn’t joined the military after getting his strain silenced.

“It seems one catastrophe is just chasing the next,” he added with a wink.

Just then Raidon came into the kitchen, carrying Millie. James had to admit, that holding a child made him look much less cold.

------------------------
Peterney
- Kurik -

Kurik skidded across the corner just as the two guards who were opening a cell for Nadenka. He stopped short and took a second to collect himself.

“I have just been informed that Dr. Orlov is a strain user,” he said calmly. “At this moment, she is a confirmed Dia strain user, but we all know the possibility for a second strain isn’t exactly low. Please take proper precautions with her prison cell and when interacting with her.”

The guards nodded and one of them indicated for Nadenka to step into a different cell with reinforced walls.

Kurik stood by and watched. For a prisoner she seemed very calm. Too calm. Especially considering that she used to be in the military.

“Did you search her?” he asked. The guard shook his head. “Please do so. Respectfully,” he emphasised. “We don’t want any surprises. And bring her some food.”

He spoke politely almost soft, his voice not really full of authority. Yet the guards complied with his requests quite willingly.

“Thank you.” After they had searched Nadenka for possible weapons, one of the guards left to arrange for some food. Kurik waited until he returned before he moved towards the door to go back to their quarters.

------------------------
Ergo Research Lab
- Arya -

Arya giggled when Lisa didn’t appreciate being called an aunt. “Don’t worry, you’ll always be younger than me.”

They walked towards the kitchen and Arya squeezed Lisa’s hand affectionately.

“Thanks,” she smiled. “It wouldn’t be the same, if I couldn’t share this with those I hold dearest.”

The next hallway they turned into lead directly towards the kitchen door.

“So what do you want to eat?” she asked Lisa. “I heard the kitchen here is well stocked,” she said and pushed the door open.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Arusian - Prison
Nadenka Orlov

Before she could get any answers from the guards, the man who questioned Alexei and Belobog about what had happened intervene. The man was definitely from Kaddath, she became certain as he spoke much more than last encounter. Did she get his name? She was not so sure.

Another evidence of how he was careful with her, as in to imprison her, showed he was definitely part of the Kaddath's old army.

Perhaps, he was the one she could ask that question to get the answer...? Or perhaps, she could at least tell him where to bury her?

Well, she thought that her chance to ask or even to plea was gone when she was finally got imprisoned. But, she realized the man stayed because one of the guard decided to leave for some errand.

"Hey, you are from Kaddath, right? There are things I am dying to know..." Said Nadenka, "I mean, because of you, the guards did not answer questions of mine." She bite her lips once more, not so sure he would answer her... But she had to try. "If old Kaddath comes back... Would they recognize the bravery of, and honor the dead agents?... I mean, the agents of old Kaddath...you know... spies who worked for them...." Then she continued with her next question. "And if I die, perhaps after I have outlived my uses, is it too much to ask where to bury my dead body?"

One may find her questions funny, but it was clear that she was not joking when she asked those questions to him.

Last edited by Nexius on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:36 am

Peterney
- Kurik -

Then Nadenka spoke. Feeling curious about her, Kurik stepped closer until he stood in front of the bars. Her questions were odd. Why would she care about this? And why would she ask if he was from Kaddath...unless Belo or Alexei had mentioned Arusia to her. Well this could be problematic. No one was supposed to know about Arusia.

“Think about it,” he said quietly, indirectly confirming that he was from Kaddath. “Did the regime of the Old Kaddath care about dead agents and soldiers before?” he asked her, keeping the bitterness from his voice. “No they did not. Therefore, I wouldn’t hold my breath hoping that it will miraculously happen now.”

“As for what will happen to you after you outlived your use…that is not my call to make,” Kurik shrugged. “Though I suppose you can ask.”

He crossed his arms and after a pause spoke again. “Why is it so important to you that people of the past are honoured for their actions?”

Kurik heard the guard come back, holding a tray of food in his hand. He stepped back from the bars to allow him to place the food in Nadenka's cell. However, instead of leaving right away, he waited to see if she would answer his question.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Peterney Prison
Nadenka

Nadenka could not help, but looked disappointed by Kurik's answer. She bite her lips as Kurik asked her why it was so important. Nadenka sighed lightly, and smiled weakly. "Someone I hold dear lost his life. He was one of the undercover agents of old Kaddath." Said Nadenka, holding back her emotion. "Lost his life during the mission... Possibly ally ship's bombardment, but I have doubts..." She paused for a second, then she quickly added. "If I die, could I be buried where he lost his life? Your agent who hacked my computer should know the coordinates... That was the password to my computer and all of my files..."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 am

Aegis

- Keynes -

Keynes threw his head back and laughed at Raidon's apparent discomfort in dealing with his daughter. "She's a handful, that's for sure. I wouldn't have it any other way though. She keeps this old man on his toes."

He held out his arms, and with a delighted squeal, Millie tumbled into them. "What have I told you about leaving your room?" Keynes grumbled, half-heartedly.

"Apposed to have a adult." Millie responded, nodding sagely. "Widen adult?" She asked, pointing at her newest friend.

"Well, yes. He is..." Keynes chuckled. "But I doubt he found you in your room. So, don't think that's getting you out of hot water."

He cleared his throat uncomfortably at Lenka's comment about Millie as a teenager. "I try not to imagine myself any older than I already am on most occasions..."

-------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

Smiling to himself over the conversation at the table, Marcus slipped into a seat and ate in silence. This was what he was used to at the foster house, lots of noisy people around a single table, enjoying a simple meal that they'd prepared together. Odd that the sensation had never felt as much like home as it did now, but maybe life or death combat changed that in a person. Only time would tell.

-------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

"And don't you forget it." Lisa responded with a wink before giving her sister's arm another squeeze. "It wouldn't be the same without you to lean on. I've already had enough of that for a lifetime."

Smiling, Lisa stepped into the kitchen, only to stop short. Well, this wasn't the scene she had been expecting, but it was definitely a sight for sore eyes. "Well, it looks like today, the chef has prepared some kind of soup." She quipped, pulling Arya through the door. "Have you ever eaten a meal prepared by a pop star?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Ergo Research

- Rise, Jax -

Rise frowned at Jax's and James' conversation, stirring her soup mindlessly.

"Do you have to head back so soon?" she asked. It would be nice if this time together with everyone could last longer.

"Sorry," Jax said, smiling. "But it can't be helped. You guys should get some training in while you have some time though."

Rise rolled her eyes, but couldn't help smiling as well.

"Why am I not surprised?" she said, sipping her soup. "If that's your way of making me happier that you're leaving, it's sort of working."

Jax laughed heartily. He then turned to James, his expression growing more serious.

"So, James, you got your strain silenced, right?" he asked. "How have you been doing with that?"

- Raidon -

Raidon listened as Kokonoe and Keynes discussed their daughter and parenting. Were all children that much maintenance? That must be difficult, when both parents were so busy with their careers.

As he was pondering this, the kitchen door opened. He recognized Lisa's voice before he saw her, but what shocked him was the sight of the person Lisa was talking to.

"Arya," he said, standing up. He took a step toward her, but was all too aware of the presence of Lisa between them.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:53 am

Ergo Research
- James -

“Ugh...Training…,” James sighed half-heartedly at the idea of training. Even though he had stayed in shape, it was mostly because Alex kept pushing him and wouldn’t allow him to slack off.

When Jax mentioned his silenced strain, his expression grew serious as well.

“Right and I don’t regret it,” he said. “I know it’s supposed to be part of who you are and it makes you the person you are today and not having it will change you and so on…”

“But I never felt that connected with it, maybe because when it first appeared, it felt like a whole lot of problems came with it.” It was true. When it first appeared he came so close to being forcefully drafted, to having to give what he worked so hard to accomplish. And then staying in university with an activated strain? That was just asking for trouble if anyone had found out. And a secret like that didn’t exactly help on the way to making friends.

He stirred his soup absentmindedly.

Of course things had worked out for the better. In retrospect, his chances of survival during the events with the Leviathan would have been slim at best if he didn’t have his magic to rely on. So it was good. For that part of his life. That was now over, or at least it was supposed to be.

“Though I admit, the past three days have made it harder to accept the limitations that come with a silenced strain,” he explained, giving a wry smile. A lot harder, especially if those you care about are continuously putting themselves in danger. “Still, I feel like it was the right choice. I’ll just have to figure out a different way to do things.”

“Speaking of strains,” he added when he suddenly realised he had never asked Jax that question. “You kind of lost yours too. Do you miss it?” he asked, referring to the incident when his synth seraph was ripped out.

-----------------------------

- Arya -

When Arya stepped through the door she realised what Lisa was referring to. Her eyes roamed around the room, it seemed everyone was here.

“A meal cooked by Rise sounds --,” she stopped short when her eyes fell on Raidon.

Pure surprise showed on her face which quickly turned into happiness and she smiled. She didn’t know what surprised her more. The fact that he was here or the fact that he had actually joined this merry round for a meal.

There was a tingle of nervousness. She had expected more time to figure out how to tell him the news. And she couldn’t do it here, in front of all these people. No, she wouldn’t do that to him.

"Lisa, please give me a few moments,” she said, looking a little apologetic and squeezed her sister’s hand affectionately.

She stepped around Lisa and closed the gap between her and Raidon.

“Samael,” she breathed, her eyes brightening as took his hand. She placed her other hand on his chest and stood up on her tiptoes to give him a short kiss.

“I was asked to consult on some equipment the intruders left behind,” she explained. “I’ll have to take it back to Helios to finish analysing it. I had no idea you would be here, but I'm happy to see you.”

Arya realised she started to ramble. She couldn’t put it off. No, she didn’t want to. Internally, she was still so happy, she just wanted to share it with him.

“Actually…,” she hesitated, wondering if this was even the right moment to do this. “Can we talk…somewhere?”

-----------------------------

Peterney
- Kurik -

Kurik’s expression went cold when he heard Nadenka’s story. He could understand what she was feeling better than she knew for he too had lost someone, but he wasn’t about to let that show on his face. He wouldn’t allow her to open up old wounds when he spent so much time working through the anger and the pain. He needed to stay focused.

“I will see to it, that your request is placed with your files,” he said. “That’s all I can do.”

And with that he turned around and left, going back to their quarters where Alexei and Belo were still waiting.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

"Do what you need to." Lisa responded, squeezing her sister's hand in response. "Just make sure you actually do get something to eat. You're not just taking care of yourself anymore."

Giving Arya a slight push in Raidon's direction, Lisa made her way to the table and poured herself a cup of soup before sitting down beside Rise.

"I see you've gone back to cooking." She commented, nudging her friend with her elbow before blowing the cloud of steam away from the surface of her soup. "Can't say that's a bad thing. As I recall, Keynes tried to hire you as a cook for the bar at one point, right?"

A slight tug on her shirt drew her attention down to the smiling girl that had somehow planted herself between them.

"Hi Weesa! Hi Deesay!"
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:05 am

Peterney
Nadenka

"Thank you...It means a lot to me." Said Nadenka before the man leave her to her cell. She sighed and smiled weakly, as she just remembered that she forgot to ask his name. Then again, as she did not know how long she will breathe, she just shrugged it off. "Thank you" Said Nadenka as she took the her own meal.

She sat on the cold chair started to eat; she was not so sure if this was her last meal, but if it was, she felt little happier that she would not just tossed out at random places...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Ergo Research
- James -

Jax nodded seriously at James after he'd explained his feelings on giving up his strain.

"I'm glad you feel that way," he said. "It's a big step to take for anyone, and I'd be lying if I said some people haven't expressed regret at losing their strains. But I didn't think that would be the case with you. You've always had a strong sense of who you are and what you want."

He expected the conversation to loop around to him before long, and sure enough, it did.

"Yeah," he said, touching his hand to where the scar was on his chest. "I still have my Overlimit, but I try not to use that outside emergencies. I'll admit it, it's taken a lot of getting used to. I relied on my strain a lot. But it's also something that Legion gave me, so I can't say it's something I ever felt comfortable with."

His hand tightened slightly on the fabric of his officer's jacket. Those weren't memories he liked to revisit.

"I'm glad I could use it for some good, but I wouldn't wish for it back."

- Rise -

"Hey, Lisa," Rise said, looking up as the other a seat beside her.

"I see you've gone back to cooking," Lisa commented with a nudge of elbow. "Can't say that's a bad thing. As I recall, Keynes tried to hire you as a cook for the bar at one point, right?"

Rise smiled.

"Yeah, he did," she said. "But it wasn't the right thing for me. I love being able do this for you guys, but singing is my true passion. I can't reach the nation's stomachs, but I can reach their ears."

They were interrupted by a call from beneath the table.

"Hi Weesa! Hi Deesay!"

"Hey, Millie," Rise said, smiling sweetly at the little girl. From the other end of the table, they heard Kokonoe groan.

"On the move again," the researcher muttered.

- Raidon -

Lisa made her way around to the others, leaving Raidon and Arya alone. Well, relatively speaking.

“Samael.”

Arya closed the distance between them and gave him a small kiss. Even the brief contact was enough to make him forget everyone else in the room.

“I was asked to consult on some equipment the intruders left behind,” she explained. “I’ll have to take it back to Helios to finish analyzing it. I had no idea you would be here, but I'm happy to see you.”

"Coincidental timing, but I'm glad it worked out that way," Raidon said, brushing her cheek with his thumb.

“Actually…,” she hesitated. “Can we talk…somewhere?”

Raidon paused. He'd only just noticed that she was a bit flushed, excited. Was something going on?

"Of course," he said, ushering her out the door with his hand gently on her lower back. "Lead the way."

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:43 am

Ergo Research
- James -

James nodded in agreement. He understood what Jax meant.

Letting go of something so powerful as strain magic was a difficult decision. For those whose strain just awoke, they needed to decide if they were even comfortable with it, but the more they tried it out, the less likely they were usually to let go of the new found power. And those who had relied on their strain for a long time, they often found it hard to let go, especially if their future career depended on it.

“I’m glad you still found something you excel at and that you want to do,” he said with a smile, dimly remembering a conversation Jax and him had two years ago when they were still a group of runaways.

His eyes travelled over Jax’s black jacket. Despite covering more skin, it still showed off how well trained he was.

James sighed and ruffled his hair. “Guess you’re right,” he grumbled. “I especially should do some training so I learn better how to deal with people using magic,” he admitted.

----------------------
- Arya -

Arya nodded and lead the way out the door and into an empty office. She was well aware of Raidon’s hand on her lower back, feeling the strength and warmth radiating from it.

“Samael, I have something important to tell you,” she said softly and didn’t quite know how to continue. Having children was not something they had openly talked about and suddenly she didn’t know how he would react. What if he wasn’t ready for a child?

“I know this is very out of nowhere, but I’m so excited and happy about it, that I just have to tell you right away,” Arya hesitated and looked down.

“I’m pregnant,” Arya said, her voice clear despite her nervousness. She took his hands and looked into his grey eyes. “We are going to have a baby.” She couldn’t help it, the excitement and happiness clearly showed on her face and her cheeks blushed. However, some doubt about Raidon’s reaction still remained in her eyes.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 pm

Ergo Research Lab
Luke Jaron

"Hey, Mark...." Luke called out to his unconscious friend, "Remember you told me to be selfish, for once?" Luke smiled, "I did. Well, not for the princess like you told me to, but for a friend that defines my current world.." Luke sighed, yet he had smile on his face. "But, you know, I think being selfish brings back old me." Luke chuckled, "I know right? The old me, the one who looked everything so dark..." Luke sighed lightly, "It was hard to believe it at first, but I realized it not long ago that my old self was really selfish..." He turned little red, embarrassed as he remembered some of his own behavior."I think some of them might have thought of me very childish...." His voice almost became a whisper. "I guess I owe them an apology..."

Then there was sound of growling. Then Luke burst into laughter, "I guess, I am really hungry!" Luke smiled and stood up, "You know, I don't want to be selfish ever again. But, if I have to, I want to be selfish for the right reason, and in the right way."
He glanced at his friend, who was still unconscious, and smiled. "Even though, I cannot confidently say that I am totally free from my dark past.... But, I think I am starting to see the light that you have been talking about..."

Luke waved his hand as he went out of the lab, "I will be right back and will save some for you, If I can."

Luke sighed as he finally stepped outside, and looked at the directory. "I hope they have some left...." Then he turned little red, not so sure how he should apologize for his behavior... Would they even take his apology seriously?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:32 pm

- Raidon -
Raidon followed Arya into an empty office. Raidon had barely gotten the door closed before Arya started speaking. It seemed like she could hardly wait to get the words out.

“Samael, I have something important to tell you,” she said softly. Raidon stepped closer and took her hands before nodding.

“I know this is very out of nowhere, but I’m so excited and happy about it, that I just have to tell you right away,” Arya hesitated and looked down.

Raidon frowned. What could have happened to make her like this?

“I’m pregnant.”

Raidon froze, his eyes wide. He couldn't possibly have heard that right.

“We are going to have a baby.”

Raidon's grip went limp, and Arya's hands slipped from her own. He took a step back, unable to meet her eyes.

"I... I don't know what to say," he murmured. Pregnant? A baby? How could that be possible?

Raidon wiped a hand across his face, trying to delay the moment before he had to look her in the eyes. How was he supposed to tell the best news for her was the worst news for him?

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:29 am

Ergo Research
- Arya -

Arya knew she couldn’t expect him to burst with emotion like she did. And she didn’t want that. In the past two years she’d gotten pretty good at reading his feelings.

However, the longer it took him to say anything, the more nervous she grew. She bit her lip, waiting. Actually, he looked like he might go into shock. Rarely she’d seen him so discomposed.

“You…,” her voice sounded weak. She cleared her throat. “You don’t want children?” she whispered.

Finally she took a deep breath. They would figure it out. Somehow.

“I know this is all quite sudden. I only found out today,” she said quietly. “Just remember that I love you no matter what and that I want to do this with you. Together,” she paused, unable to meet his eyes. “But I understand if you need some time. And that’s okay. We have time.”

She intertwined her hands, cradling her necklace.

“I should probably go back to Helios.”

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Ergo Research

- Raidon -

Raidon knew that wasn't the reaction Arya had been looking for, and he knew that despite what he said, it was hurting her.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. "But, I..."

He swallowed and forced himself to look up at her.

"I don't know how to be a father," he said, touching the scar on his face. "This... this is all I know about fatherhood."

Raidon hadn't regretted their relationship in the past. They were both happy, and that was all that seemed to matter. For the first time, though, he had to wonder if he'd done the right thing. Arya deserved to have a child with a man who could be there for the baby, who knew how to treat it right.

The idea of Arya carrying another man's child made his stomach turn, however. Maybe he was just selfish.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Ergo Research
- Arya -

Arya was about to turn around and leave when he spoke again. She stopped and looked into his eyes.

Understanding showed on her face once she realised his concern and her expression softened. Gently she traced the scar with her finger.

“I understand that you have doubts. So do I, about being a good mother” she admitted. “But you’re not alone in this. I’ll be there with you every step of the way. You have to remember….you’re not your father. You can’t let that define the decisions you make.”

It was true, his past, his childhood didn’t exactly provide the good reference for good parenting or a happy childhood. Well neither did her own past. So what? That didn’t mean they had to make the same mistakes.

“I know you know how to care. You care about me, right? That’s all I ask you continue doing,” she said, keeping her voice soft, but not pleading. She was asking, leaving the choice up to him. This was not something she could or wanted to push onto him. It had to come from him. “Please at least try before you give up…for me. For our child.”

This was more than she ever dreamed of. Having a child with the man she loved and raising a family. More than anything she wanted to do this together with Samael. After all it was his child too. And there would never be another man who could take his place in her heart.

And then she actually raised her voice a little bit “And I won’t abandon this child,” Arya cast her eyes down. “I can’t.”

It wasn’t exactly an ultimatum, but if she acutally raised her voice it was clear that she wouldn’t change her mind about this.

Her mind shied away from the consequences should Raidon decide he really didn’t want to be a father. Would she be alone again? Could she bear to see her potential family torn apart again? Would she be strong enough to do this on her own?
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Aegis

"C'mere you!" Lisa said, plucking the toddler from the floor tickling her until she giggled.

"Well, I'm glad to hear you're doing what you love." She responded, giving Rise a soft smile. "I'm definitely enjoying not being locked into architectural design anymore. That much math was driving me nuts."

Lifting Millie up over her head, Lisa let the girl go, and she drifted over their heads, weightless. "Up! Up!"

With a smirk, Lisa twisted her fingers, and Millie drifted higher, giggling madly.

"Do you regret not finishing school?" She asked, keeping her eyes on the floating toddler.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:40 am

Ergo Research
- Raidon -

Try, she asked. Well, he could do that much. He didn't know if he could succeed, and the doubt was likely to plague him every step of the way. But he owed her that much. And he owed the child, too. It was his. It was his responsibility.

Before he could answer, Arya made a surprising declaration that she wouldn't give up the child. Raidon looked up, startled.

"Arya, I wouldn't..." he said. "I would never ask you to do that."

He looked down, trying to grasp the idea that there was baby growing inside there even now, and put a hand gingerly over her stomach.

"I'll try," he promised.

- Rise -

Did she regret not finishing school? Rise had never really thought about it. Or maybe, she'd just avoided thinking about "what-ifs."

"No, I don't think so," she said, looking down into her bowl. "I won't say I don't miss it. There was a lot I liked about being at the university. But I'm doing what I love, and I'm doing what I'm needed to do. I can't regret that."

She smiled. She did wish there was more time to spend with her friends though. It was nice that James was always with her, but she missed spending time with Lisa and Alex.

Alex... She hoped he was all right.

At that moment, Luke entered the kitchen. Rise looked up, surprised to see him.

"Oh, Luke," Rise said. "Is everything okay? Is Mark all right?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 17 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next