Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:58 am

Ergo Research
- Jax -

Jax watched Luke closely as he fluctuated between anger and despair. In the old days of the bunker, he would have suggested a training session to work out Luke's feelings on a punching bag. Unfortunately, he was learning that there were some problems words could solve better than fists.

"I think you know that it's not the Army's fault," he said. "And it's not my friends' fault, or yours, or Mark's, or even that prisoner's. There's someone behind all this, and we need to figure out who it is. We can play the blame game, or we can do something about it. Kokonoe and James are working hard right now on a cure to save Mark and the others affected by the Redcape virus. I have my policemen searching for the other victims right now. And now I'm going to talk to that prisoner and find out what I can so this doesn't happen again."

Jax stood up and went for the door.

"You're not under arrest," he told Luke. "We just wanted to fill in the gaps in your record, which we can take care of later. If you want to stay in here, you're welcome to. But I think Kokonoe and James are getting ready to test their cure. You might want to go be there."

With that, Jax left the room and headed for the prisoner. He hoped that whoever this woman was, she had some humanity in her. Otherwise, this was going to be unpleasant for everyone.

------------------------

- Kokonoe -

Kokonoe sighed and ran a hand through her hair. For the first time, her façade of calm and control slipped.

"If we have any hope of curing this one and the other Redcapes out there, we're going to need to do it now," she said. "As for what you can do, you can guard me. Cause if this doesn't work, I'm pretty sure that kid is going to try to kill me."

She bit her lip and began to prepare the injection.

"You know, when I signed up for this gig, no one told me I would have people constantly depending on me," she muttered. "Sometimes, I wish I could just go around and punch things instead of having the whole world breathing down my neck for all their solutions."

Kokonoe stood up and turned to face James, wiping a hand across her face.

"You should go get him," she said. "He'll want to be here for this."

----------------------------

- Lenka -

Rise snickered as Lenka proceeded to tell Marcus off about playing up her fainting spell, even if that had been partly her fault.

Then, Marcus proceeded to dig his grave even further by declaring that he was not fairy tale material.

"You don't need to convince us about that, Marcus," she said, winking. "Not with the way you manhandled that woman. But I guess you'd make a pretty good ogre."

------------------------

- Raidon -

Raidon followed Keynes down the hallway, a twinge in his chest. He had not set foot in Ergo Research for two years now. The last time he'd been here, he had taken Arya prisoner, ripped her away as she was grieving for the young girl that had died under Kokonoe's care.

With some effort, he turned his attention away from the past to Keynes.

"Sometimes, I feel like I'm walking a tightrope," he said heavily. "My loyalty should be to the government alone, but I also feel a debt of gratitude to the members of Aegis that makes me wonder if I could ever take measures against you."

Lisa and Keynes, perhaps, would never truly forgive him - and maybe that was no less than he deserved - but he still held them in high regard.

"There is plenty of opportunity for Serena and her Anti-Strain loyalists to use my findings to force measures against the High General," he admitted. "When legal right and moral right don't necessarily line up... it's hard to know what to think."

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:59 am

Luke Jaron

Yes, Luke knew that it was not army's fault, nor was Aegis, nor was his and definitely not Mark's... But to say that prisoner was not to be blamed as well... Jax surprised Luke... perhaps, Luke already knew it too that prisoner was not to blamed...  He had seen enough Legion lackeys who discarded their lives and were fighting for someone and something they shouldn't have... Perhaps, that prisoner was something like that too. A tool, a pawn... something that could be thrown away once it served its purpose...

If that was the case... she probably would not know much... However, even Jax had stated that, Jax stood up and told Luke that he was going to get to the bottom of this. Finally, someone was going to take the very first step in finding out who was really responsible for all these chaos.

And Jax made his exit, telling Luke that Luke was not under arrest. More importantly, Jax left with an update from the lab; James and Kokonoe were going to try prototype cure to his friend.

Luke didn't respond straight away, but before the door close behind Jax, Luke mastered his courage to say "Thank you"

Luke eyes stared at the door, and his eyes were cast down once again. Not so sure what he should do next. Should he go to the lab? Or should he stay put?...

Luke shook his head, And bite his lips, and stood up. Sighing once more. Luke stood at the door, then as the door opened, Luke stepped outside. Luke slowly walked towards the lab. He never was a coward, and he was not going to be one now.

Even he might lose Mark, Luke decided not to stay far or be absent from the moment; the moment that could be his first friend's last moment... With all things considered, the situation did not give Luke any hope in seeing his friend alive. Yet, Luke hoped this was the moment that he would actually witness a miracle.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Ergo Research
- James -

James walked over to watch Kokonoe prepare the injection. He squeezed her shoulders to comfort her. “Must be hard to always be the smartest one,” he said with a wink.

“And if I had known how much fighting we’d have to do, I might’ve thought harder about giving up my strain,” James added and grinned. “Because I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t stand a chance against Luke. I’ll give it a valid effort though.”

His expression turned serious again after a few seconds.

"In all seriousness though, you tried your best,” he said quietly, “What more can you do?”

He took a deep breath and headed for the door. “I’ll get Luke.”

Just as he exited the lab and turned a first corner, he almost ran into Luke. “Hey there you are,” he said, “I was just coming to get you. We have something we can try that might help your friend.”

They headed back to the lab. Just before they entered, James grabbed Luke’s arm to get his attention.

“I want you to know we really tried our best,” he said calmly. “But I still can’t promise that it will cure him and reverse all the effects. There was just not enough time to run all the proper tests before we inject him.”

He released his arm and stepped into the lab towards Kokonoe.

- Lenka -

“I guess we’ll never know,” Lenka said to Marcus and winked at him. She giggled at his and Rise’s reply. What an image.

“Do you need any more vegetables?” Lenka asked Rise and peeked into the pot.

This looks like it’s plenty,” she added and tried the broth. “And it tastes delicious. Though maybe a pinch more salt,” she offered as a suggestion.

- Arya -

Arya continued working while Lisa filled her in on all the details. She removed the vircator, the part of the jammer that had amplified the signal, and set it aside. To analyse the workings of the jammer, she didn’t need the amplifier.

“That is quite a story. And you really have no idea where these people suddenly came from? No files, no records?” Arya asked curiously and looked at her. “Are you okay?” she asked softly. “With all that has happened…it must bring back quite a few memories. And you look a little worn out." A hint of worry clouded her voice.

Carefully she set up a screen in front of the jammer that would capture all the different frequencies it was set to disrupt. Then she pulled up her laptop and signalled Lisa to step behind the machine. Arya began playing with the settings on the circuit board and started up the jammer. There was a high pitched sound and some flickering as the invisible ray hit the screen.

Arya straightened up and looked at her laptop. “Mh…” she said. “Interesting.”

She turned the jammer off again and began taking samples of the materials it was made of while her laptop created a diagram of all the frequencies that were disrupted.

“You see this?” she asked Lisa and pointed at the graph. “It’s jamming all our known communication frequencies. Not just commercial, but also military and governmental.”
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Luke Jaron

At first, Luke followed James silently. He was not so sure what to say, or how to react... Luke realized how childish he was with his previous behavior, and probably have burden them with the things that should have been burden of his own..When James grabbed his arm and told him that they did their best, and told Luke about the low possibility of its success, Luke smiled weakly. "I know..." and before James enters the lab, Luke added "Thank you."

Then Luke followed inside to the lab to witness what may be his friend's last moment. Luke could feel his heart already breaking apart.

What should he do if he loses him here? Turn himself into the old self? No, he knows better than that... But was he strong enough to prevent his old demon from crawling its way out? Perhaps not, but he was going to try his best... Mark changed him, and as Jax pointed out, the blame game was not going to help him.

He should say thanks to James and Kokonoe first for their hard work to save his friend... Hopefully, it would not burden their heart... Well, would it burden their heart?... Luke won't know, but he was not going to be the new burden nor put a blame on them...nor put a burden on their heart..

The burden of losing his friend, it should be his own burden to carry...
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:21 am

Aegis

- Marcus -

"I'm still not convinced I won that fight." Marcus responded, sounding more serious now. "In the end, I might have caught her by surprise, but she definitely had the upper hand for a while."

"Not that I'm a master martial artist or anything." He shrugged and turned on the sink to wash the bowls and knives they'd used to prepare the vegetables. "But I have taken a few basic hand to hand courses, and none of them came close to preparing me for that."

------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

"We honestly have no idea." Lisa said, glancing over Arya's shoulder as she tinkered with the device. It might be dangerous technology, but it looked kinda cool. "As far as our records are concerned, she doesn't exist."

She glanced over the readings on Arya's laptop, trying to process her sister's explanation. "So, I'm no expert on this..."

"But the general public doesn't have access to those frequencies, right?" This entire story was getting weirder by the minute.

------------------------------------------

- Keynes -

"That's understandable." Keynes nodded, a grim expression on his face. "And I appreciate your efforts to remain neutral."

"I know that Alina has strived to push through the legal red tape that prevents you from presenting objective information before the Council." He sighed, scratching the graying whiskers on his chin.

"While I agree that Serena is overzealous, Alina seems to think she'll make a powerful politician, given some time to grow." Keynes shook his head, looking dumbfounded. "How in the world she can be pleased with that, I don't know."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Ergo Research Lab

- Arya -

“Mh…no, they don’t,” Arya replied. “In addition, the military and governmental frequencies are encrypted.”

She contemplated that for a few seconds. “But that wouldn’t matter if you just tried to jam them,” she finally said and stood up.

After taking a step, she suddenly felt light-headed and her world started spinning. Quickly she grabbed the edge of the table to steady herself. Lately she’d been feeling kind of tired, especially in the morning.

Arya could feel Lisa’s eyes on her.

“I’m fine,” she tried to reassure her. “I’ve probably not slept enough. I was travelling at lot lately.”

There was no need to explain why she was traveling so much. Of course it was to visit Raidon. She tried to visit him every other weekend for a least a couple of days.

“I’m afraid that’s all I can tell you from this first look,” Arya said. “I’ll have to take it back to Helios to figure out exactly how they modified it and to have all the materials tested to find out their origin. And we’ll have to run some tests to devise countermeasures.”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:44 am

Ergo Research
- Kokonoe -

Kokonoe waited until James and Luke had entered the lab before fitting the syringe into the tube connected to the Redcape. She had expected Luke to do or say something toward his friend, but he seemed beyond words or actions at this point. It was just as well. She might find herself hesitating, and they couldn't afford that at the moment. So she nodded.

And pressed down on the plunger.

For one long, terrible moment, everyone waited with baited breath.

Then the Redcape shrieked, high and loud and grating. It writhed and flailed on the table, its vitals going haywire. Kokonoe looked on, swearing under her breath as she waited. It's signals began to flatline. The Redcape gave a few weak spasms and twitches.

Then stilled.

- Rise -

"I think we're good on vegetables," Rise said, taking the spoon from Lenka. She sipped the broth as well and hummed thoughtfully.

"Right, a little salt," she replied, tapping the container lightly to dispel the right amount. She stirred the pot further, then sipped again.

"Just right," she announced, smiling. "By the time everyone's gathered up and eaten their soup, the roast should be ready for serving."

It was nice to get back into the routine of things. She could almost imagine the bunker, the training room, and Aegis all training together for their next battle. She smiled wistfully and set the spoon down.

"Marcus, can you set the table?" she asked before turning to Lenka. "Lenka, can you go get everyone?"

She had a moment's hesitation, however, and frowned as she asked, "Do you think Luke will join us with everything going on? I kind of doubt it, but I guess we should try."

She served out a bowl full and covered it.

"I'm going to take this to Ehlana," she said. "I know not everyone agrees with it, but I don't like the idea of her rotting in there while we all feast."

She picked up the bowl, smiled, and headed out of the kitchen.

- Raidon -

Raidon gave an amused hum at Keynes words as they continued down the hallway.

"I think the High General is willing to deal with the inconvenience of political opposition," he replied. "if it benefits Kaddath as a whole."

If he recalled the layout, they should be getting close to the lab soon.

"Whether or not you agree with her stances or methods," Raidon continued, "Minister Winters has her heart in the right place. She wants the best for Kaddath and its people."

- Jax -

Jax studied the prisoner bound to the chair. He'd entered the chamber a few minutes ago, but hadn't questioned her or even spoken. He was allowing himself the time to study her and think about his approach.

Apparently, the appeal to emotion had failed on her. And scare tactics weren't his thing, or likely to produce results here anyway. Appealing to her sense of logic wouldn't work if she ended up being a die-hard fanatic like the Pale Rider had been, but it was the only route that hadn't been tried yet.

"To be honest," he said, "you don't really interest me. I was in a position like yours a few years ago. I'm sure you have some useful knowledge, but not that much. Not enough to make you a liability for situations just like this."

He stepped in a little closer, fixing her with his grey eyes. Her eyes were grey too, he noticed.

"But there is one thing I am interested in, and that's who you're working for. Because that's the person I really hold responsible for all this, and that's the person I intend to stop."

He could feel his blood heating, he way it always did when faced with injustice.

"If you cooperate with us, I'm willing to look past your previous actions," Jax told her. "I can help you make a new start, and I can protect you. Because we both know that whoever you're working for would kill you as soon as take you back to make sure you don't spill any secrets you might have. They don't care about you; just what use you have. And when that use is over, you're disposable. Everyone is."

He shook his head. Memories of Legion still lingered in there. Old scars that would probably never heal completely.

"I still hope," he said, more to himself than to her, "that there will be a day when people are no longer sacrificed to causes."

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:55 am

Luke Jaron

Luke closed his eyes then opened his eyes and shifted his eyes to the Kokonoe,  "Thank you, I know both of you tried your best" and then smiled weakly to James.

Luke shifted his watery gaze to his friend who quiet down, stilled and looked lifeless.

Luke slowly walked toward the redcape as close as possible. He was not sure if his friend is really dead or still alive.

Luke casted his head down, and asked Kokonoe and James calmly as possible.  "I know I have been asking a lot, but could I stay here alone for a moment? I... I will quickly call for both of you if something happens..."

Luke did his best to hide his trembling voice..
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Ergo Research Lab

- James & Lenka -

James held his breath when Kokonoe injected the Redcape. It shrieked and flailed and then…it was still. James exhaled slowly, looking away. They had failed. Worse, had they killed it?

Willingly he complied with Luke’s request. James stepped out of the lab and leaned against the wall, closing his eyes.

“I can’t remember the last time you looked so gloomy,” Lenka said. She had just walked around the corner. “What happened?”

James opened his eyes, recognising the voice instantly.

He filled his sister in on what just happened in the lab in the last hour. Her cheerful expression cooled and she looked a little sad.

“Poor Luke,” she said. "And you. Are you gonna be okay?"

James nodded. He would be fine. “Did you want anything in particular or were you just wandering around?” James asked to distract himself.

Her expression instantly became a little indignant. “Rise sent me,” Lenka said. “She made dinner and asked me to get everyone to the mess hall while she brings some food to the prisoner. Her name is Ehlana by the way,” Lenka added, realising James probably didn’t know yet. However, she could see that the mentioning of Rise had brought a little smile to his lips.

Before she could ask anything else, two men turned around the corner. After a second, she recognised one of them as Keynes and greeted him with a wave.

(OOC: Payne + Illya, feel free to use Lenka and James fill you in on things and get Keynes and Raidon up to speed. That’s probably faster than doing it in a few posts Q&A style. I figure between them, they have all the information on where everyone is and what they are up to and what they know.)

--------------------------

- Ehlana -

Ehlana’s eyes opened as soon as she heard that someone stepped in through the door. Even though she appeared calm, she was becoming restless. She wanted to move around. Being bound for hours and hours on end was beginning to wear her down.

Her eyes watched Jax, waiting for him to speak. She recognised him and tried to bring everything to mind that she knew about him including the bits and pieces Rise had told her earlier.

Finally he spoke.

The message itself didn’t surprise her much. He seemed smart enough to figure out she could only provide information even though he tried to downplay the amount of info she could have.

However, she was surprised with his direct and honest approach. No chit-chat, no deception. She could appreciate that.

You’re disposable. Everyone is.

A small smile curled around her lips. If only he knew. That exact attitude he was trying to attribute to the Arusians now was the very demerit that had gotten Kaddath into trouble in the first place.

Ehlana kept her eyes on him when she finally spoke.

“Yes, I know your story, Chief Mathis,” she said. “But unlike you, I won’t get the chance to sleep my way up the ranks to improve my situation.” The innuendo was clear.

“So I think I'll pass on your offer," she added.

Ehlana stopped talking and fidgeted around in her chair. She still wanted to believe that as long as she kept her mouth shut, Maxim and the others wouldn’t just drop her. That simply wasn’t the way Arusia worked.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Ergo Research Lab

- Kokonoe -

Kokonoe stared at the unmoving figure of the Redcape, her blood draining from her face. Even if she'd been working under a ridiculously small timeframe and with minimal knowledge, she couldn't forgive herself. She hated excuses, and she wouldn't tolerate them now.

Luke was talking, asking for a moment alone. But Kokonoe's feet seemed to be rooted to the spot, her eyes fixed on the creature's body.

Maybe that was why she was the first to notice that the Redcape was not looking so red. The tendrils encircling its body seemed to be withering, turning dry and brown. After a few moments, they began to crumble and pull away to reveal tender human flesh.

Kokonoe inhaled, the breath lodging in her throat. The tendrils fell from the body to the ground like dead vines. The body suddenly arched off the table, gasping for breath, the signals rocketing back to life on the monitors.

"He's..." she murmured. But there wasn't time to waste with stupid observations. Kokonoe raced to the IV that assassin woman had brought in. Fortunately, she hadn't seemed to tamper with it. Kokonoe dragged it over and injected it, then began to punch buttons.

"LAMBDA!" she roared.

Lambda appeared a moment later, rigid and at the ready.

"It worked," Kokonoe said briskly, running an anesthetic and calming agent into Mark's bloodstream. "Get the rest of the samples out right now. Coordinate with Jax's police forces. If they've found the other Redcapes, get over there and inject them with the serum right away. They're going to need immediate emergency care, so make sure they take them to the nearest hospital right away."

Lambda nodded and collected Kokonoe's formula.

"I'll report back as soon as I can," she said, then vanished in the Traesto spell's light.

Mark's vitals calmed down to normal, and his body rested limply on the table, unconscious but alive. Kokonoe fell into the nearest chair, ran a hand through her hair, and swore under her breath.

--------------------------

- Jax and Rise -

Jax glared at Ehlana. She was confident for someone strapped to a chair. But that would wear off soon enough when she dealt with the truth that no one was coming to rescue her.

"Suit yourself," he said, shrugging. "But the offer will still be there when you're ready."

The door opened, and Rise entered with a bowl of soup.

"Jax!" she squealed, nearly upending the bowl in surprise. She set it aside and leaped into his arms, laughing happily.

"It's so great to see you," she said, beaming. "In person, I mean."

She glanced between him and the prisoner, her smile fading.

"What are you going to do with her?" she asked. Jax sighed.

"Take her back to the capital," he said. "The Grand Council wants a crack at her."

Rise picked back up the bowl she'd brought in and hesitated.

"Can I give her dinner?" she asked. Jax was surprised, but he realized he shouldn't have been. It was just like her.

"Sure," he said, grinning, "as long as I get some too."

"Head to the kitchen then," Rise announced, pointing at the door. She approached Ehlana and set the bowl on her lap.

"It's a vegetable medley soup," she told Ehlana, then glanced at her cuffed hands. "It'll be tough, but I think you can manage the spoon."

She joined Jax, and they headed out of the chamber to the kitchen. Jax was looking forward to dinner. He hadn't had cooking like Rise's in too long.

--------------------

Peterny

Alexei, Belo, and Nadenka had exited the train and moved through the crowds of Peternity toward the outskirts of the city. Alexei was glad to stretch his legs again. He wasn't made to sit still for so long.

It took them some time to get through Peternity. By the time they reached the base hidden some miles outside the city where Maxim had told them to return, dusk was setting in.

"Halt."

Two guards in the smart uniforms of the Old Guard appeared from nowhere, weapons raised. Alexei put his hands in the air, grunting.

"We're Arusians. Maxim is expecting us," he told them. The guards nodded, then ushered them toward a rocky hill. The base had been cleverly concealed, and offered a good amount of security, from what Alexei could tell.

"Keep cool, you two," he said to Belo and Nadenka, "Let me handle this."

The guards led them to a meeting room. Inside were Maxim and Kurik, as well as Lord Commander Farrington of the Old Guard and the High Lady Adalia.

"What's the meaning of keeping us in the dark all this time?" Farrington began, setting into them immediately.

Maxim was observing them quietly, his eyes intense.

"Belo," he murmured. "You're alive. But where is Ehlana?"

"If that's not your agent, then who is she?" Farrington asked, narrowing his eyes at Ehlana.

Alexei swallowed, forcing his face to remain calm and impassive. He didn't look at Farrington but Maxim as he forced the words out.

"Ehlana was captured. We failed."

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:08 am

Luke Jaron

Luke gazed back to the lifeless body of the redcape as he heard James leaving the lab, and well, he did not really have strength to ask once more to Kokonoe to leave, so he just bite his lips. Perhaps, he was asking too much... Then Luke realized something was happening to the redcape, and Luke could not help, but to shout, "Mark!?"

Luke was not so sure, nor was not so sure how to respond. "Mark!" He called out once again, Kokonoe summoned Lambda and gave orders; it looked like it worked and Kokonoe have discovered its cure that could be used for other redcapes.

"Thank you, thank you so much...." said Luke, swallowing his tears hard.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Ergo Reseach Lab
- Ehlana -

Ehlana glared back at Jax, but didn’t reply. It seemed for now everything between them was said.

The door opened and Rise entered. What Ehlana wasn’t prepared for was the enthusiastic response Rise gave when she saw Jax. Where had that come from?

At least this afforded her the possibility to learn about Jax’ plan. On to the capital and the Grand Council. Good. The longer it took, the more time Maxim and the others had to adjust to the new situation.

Rise, suddenly remembering why she was here, brought over a steaming bowl of vegetable soup. Ehlana eyed it cautiously when Rise set it down in her lap.

The cuffs didn’t give her much leeway, not to mention the fact that her torso and her legs were immobile, but she still managed to life the bowl and smell it. The smell was okay, though she couldn’t identify any of the vegetables except maybe carrots. The soup also didn’t look very appetising. A mush of vegetable floating sadly around in some broth.

Well Arusian food wasn’t exactly appetising looking either, but this was just sad. With a sigh, Ehlana picked out a carrot and gave it a try. If she was being honest, it didn’t taste very exciting, but she continued eating by picking out one kind of vegetable at a time to see if she liked it. Especially broccoli and cabbage she found particularly disgusting and left them in the bowl.

After finishing the broth, she actually felt better. With all the tension, she hadn’t realized how much hunger and thirst had bothered her before.

-----------------------
Peterney
- Kurik -

Their meeting with Lord Farrington and High Lady Adalia was suddenly interrupted by the arrival of the team that was sent to dispose of the Redcape and if possible Kokonoe.

To his surprise, Alexei entered accompanied by Belo and by another woman. Ehlana however was missing.

Kurik raised his eyebrows and listened intently. What had happened?

“How could you allow this to happen?!” Kurik demanded with a loud voice, almost jumping from his chair. It was clear that he was upset. Angry was probably a better word. He knew only too well what it meant if one of your agents was captured by Kaddath.

His fist came crashing down on the table, leaving a visible dent.

"This was your team. Your responsibility,” he growled. “Yet here you are with nothing to show for except more liabilities. Do you have any idea what they will do to her to get the information they want? Anything!” Kurik spat the word out with disdain.

He could feel Maxim’s eyes on him, probably trying to tell him to calm down. However, he was too upset to sit back down. Instead he walked towards the back of the room and crossed his arms, glaring at their arrivals from afar.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:28 am

Belobog & Nadenka

Belobog had his gaze down, biting his lips in a disagreement with Kurik's harsh comments. If he was there with the team, they might not have failed this miserably. It should be him... the one who they should blame on missions' failure... should be him...

He should have been much vicious, calm and calculative... It was his incompetence that brought his team to this state. "I am to be blamed, I was not able to regroup with team earlier...and..."

But before he could say any more, Nadenka cut in.

"So sending just two agents should not be taken into consideration? I must say, that sounds alike old Kaddath I know. Authorities taking no responsibility at all for their incompetence to provide up-to-date information and support."
Was this woman insane? Thought Belobog and gazed at her with surprise.

On the other hand, Nadenka did not show any sign of fear or so. She shrugged, "Then again, what do I know anyway..."

Nadenka could tell much she's not welcomed, and she knew she was shortening her life expectancy by opening her mouth; however, as a person who had really nothing to lose, she could not sit ideal and see how this ends up just blaming it to the agents.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Aegis

- Keynes -

"Oh, I agree." Keyne responded reaching for the panel to open the lab. "I just know what it's like to be on the wrong side of the fallout from an administrative dispute."

As the door opened, he took in the scene before him. Some of the equipment was still scattered about, but for the more part, everything important seemed to have been moved back into place. The Redcape was nowhere to be seen though.

Judging from the human torso he could see in the center of the room, and the fact that Kokonoe had slumped back into her chair, it was safe to assume that they'd just completed her procedure.

"I hope there's good news." He said, walking up behind her and gently gripping her shoulders with his fingers. "You look beat."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

Lisa frowned at Arya's words, although the slight stumble had put it there in the first place. "Still, they would need to know what frequencies they want to jam in the first place. Considering its nature, it's probably best that we have Lambda transport it." She said, trying to keep the worry from her voice.

"How about we let security keep an eye on it, and you and I go grab a bite to eat. I bet you're still living off of protein bars and lemonade at Helios."

[OOC: She's suspicious. Another spell like that would make Lisa take her up to the lab.]
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:31 am

Ergo Reseach Lab
- Kokonoe -

"Hey," Kokonoe murmured. She patted Keynes' hand on her shoulder and sighed.

"He's alive and human," she said. "That's all I know for certain right now.

She looked over at Luke's tear-stained face. She'd probably never admit it, but the stress and strain had been worth it.

"We'll need to keep him in observation for a while," she told Luke. "I'll see if I can get him moved to a bedroom when he's stable. You can stay with him, but don't touch anything."

She got up from her chair and shuffled toward the door.

"I'm starving. I think I've earned myself some dinner," she said.

-----------------------

Peterny
- Alexei -

Alexei remained silent in the face of Kurik's derision. Nothing he could say would fix this, and besides, Kurik was right.

Belo cut in, trying to take the blame. Alexei had expected that. What he hadn't expected was Nadenka's scathing retort. Both he and Belo stared at her like she'd gone mad. Maybe she had.

"Well," Farrington said, sneering at her, "It's Old Kaddath we want, isn't it?"

High Lady Adalia looked at the agents and waved an impatient hand.

"Who is she anyway?" she demanded.

"Dr. Nadenka Orlov," Alexei replied, glancing at her. "She found and nursed Belo back to health. She also helped us escape from Ergo Research."

"She should have helped you fit a rope around your necks," Farrington sneered. "Would have saved everyone a lot of time and effort. Now, we'll have to go through the trouble of dealing with you ourselves."

There was a faint hum from the end of the table. Everyone's eyes turned to Maxim, who had been silent and impassive up until this point.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that, Lord Commander," he said calmly. Farrington growled.

"What's the meaning of this?" he demanded.

"As representative of Arusia, I'm ultimately responsible for the actions of my agents. Unless you intend to punish me, then I think the matter should be left aside."

"You're just going to let their failures go unpunished?" Farrington asked, incredulous. Maxim turned his eyes from Farrington to the agents.

"I'll deal with them in my own way," he said flatly. Farrington didn't seem content with that, but the High Lady's interjection once more swayed the conversation.

"And what about the agent that's been captured?" she asked, crossing her arms. "We can't just let the Army have her."

"It will mean possibly exposing one of our contacts," Farrington murmured, stroking his chin. "But it can't be helped. She has to be silenced."

He turned to Maxim, sneering.

"Do you have any objections to that?" he asked. Maxim met his gaze.

"No," he said. "By all means."

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:09 am

Ergo Research Lab
- James & Lenka -

The sudden commotion from inside the lab caused James and Lenka to hurry back inside. James couldn't believe his eyes when he saw that the Redcape was gone. It had worked. Marks vital signs appeared weak, but he was alive.

He breathed a sigh of relief.

Lenka was more vocal about her excitement.

"That's incredible, it worked. You guys are so awesome. If anyone could've done it, it was you," she exclaimed excitedly and walked over to Luke, putting a hand on his shoulder. "See I told you so," she said with a wink and then added more seriously, "I hope he recovers quickly."

When Kokonoe mentioned dinner, she remembered why she was even here.

"Rise made dinner for everyone," she said to Kokonoe before they headed out the door. "She's in the kitchen and asked me to invite everyone."

She looked sternly at James. "Especially you. She knows how easily you lose track of time."

James shrugged helplessly. It was true. "I'll be there, he reassured her.

"I'll just give Lisa a call," and more towards Raidon he added, "Lisa and Arya are somewhere downstairs in a containment lab examining the jammer that shut down our communications earlier."

Lenka, feeling like she'd informed everybody, left the lab as well and headed for the kitchen.

James pulled out his phone to call Lisa and inform her and Arya about dinner and the arrival of Raidon.

---------------------------------------

- Arya -

"True," Arya agreed and then sighed. "But there is so many people working in the military and the government... It would be possible to aquire the information somehow," she explained. "And even though we updated everything after the Legion hacked the communication two years ago, we can't be sure that it won't ever happen again."

She packed her laptop and other things back up in the boxes.

"It's fine. I'll have it shipped on the jet that brought my equipment," she said. "Let's go eat."

She laughed at Lisa's comment. "Yes, almost true," she replied. "But I think I've had too much lemonade. Lately it just tastes awful." She shuddered.

They walked up towards the elevator. When Arya stepped in, she suddenly felt dizzy again.

"Hold on a second," she said weakly to Lisa and grabbed her arm to steady herself. Her world kept turning and she closed her eyes, but that only made things worse and she suddenly felt nauseaous. A thin layer of cold sweat appeared on her forehead as she paled.

Peterney
- Kurik -

Kurik watched the discussion, still upset. However he was beginning to calm down. Useless rage had never helped anyone, that was something he learned in Arusia. However he was still far from level of patience and calm Maxim displayed.

Mentally he filed Nadenka's name away for later. She needed to be checked out, especially since she seemed to have a connection to Ergo Research lab. Was she a danger? Judging from her comment, she certainly didn't know what she had gotten herself into.

The news that Ehlana needed to be disposed of weren't surprising. Still he couldn't quite bring himself to agree with it wholeheartedly. However, it was for the cause. She knew what she had signed up for and she would be a greater liability if she could give out information, especially about Arusia.

Finally he felt enough in control of himself to join back into the conversation. He sat down.

"So what's the next step now?"
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 am

Luke Jaron

"Thank you... and I promise, I won't touch anything...." said Luke, with a nod. However, his eyes did not leave his friend.

As Lenka put her hand on his shoulder, Luke responded gentle hold to her hand, and let it go. "Thanks, you are right, and sorry for my rude behavior back then." Luke smiled at her, but his gaze was back to his friend as Lenka wished for his friend's quick recovery. "I hope so, too."

Perhaps, he is still worried about his friend; however, not much as he did. For the first time, something he wanted to protect, was still there and living.

What if he had lost him? Thought Luke silently, but shook his head, "When that time comes, I will think about it..." He muttered to himself.

Belobog & Nadenka

Belobog had his head and his eyes gazing downwards, he couldn't believe his ears. They agree to terminate one of their own.

Would it be a treason to wish that old guard would fail and have Ehlana survive the attack? Belobog bite his lips, he could not agree with Maxim's decision... however, it was their failure that brought them to this situation....

Nadenka closed her lips, trying to understand what the aged man mean by bringing old kaddath back. Was he being serious? She thought and she was not surprised by their action to discard their own. But definitely, she felt like this was how her lover probably have been viewed and have been discard by the old Kaddath... a pawn that outlasted his uses...

If she was in better standing, she could have definitely pointed out that 'incompetence of providing up-to-date information' was the reason why old Kaddath fall, but she didn't as she wanted to see what's their next move.

It's interesting, however, that she was not immediately killed. Perhaps, the person who caught everyone's attention previously had something in his mind? Maybe she is already a new piece for that man to use?

Nadenka looked at the two agents who came with her; Belobog looked quite saddened by the decision made by his superior and Alexei, on the other hand, looked okay. Then again, one could never know, everyone could hide their true feelings. In any case, she sealed her lips to hear what's going to unfold here.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Aegis

- Keynes -

"Your wish is my command." Keynes said, snaking an arm behind her shoulders and pulling her against him. "So, if it's dinner you want, then dinner you'll have."

He waited until they'd exited the lab to continue. "How are things, really? I know I left you with a nightmare situation when Lambda whisked me away earlier."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Lisa -

"Really? That seems strange, but I guess tastes do change over time." She took a moment to reflect on that. There was a time when she'd liked the taste of yogurt, but now she couldn't get past the slimy texture of it...

"Arya?" She was jolted back to attention when her sister gripped her arm, turning a peculiar shade of green. If Arya could suddenly read thoughts, it was possible Lisa's a moment before might bring this on, but she doubted that scenario.

"The dizziness you might have gotten me to write off, but that is not the face of tired." She gestured in Arya's direction with her free hand while she supported her with the other. "That is the face of sick, and I'm taking you to the infirmary."

Without waiting for her sister's protests, Lisa pulled her into the elevator, but she didn't push the button for the infirmary floor until some of the color had returned to Arya's cheeks. After a few seconds in the elevator, over the course of which, Arya visibly paled again, Lisa slowly navigated her down the hall.

"What did you eat yesterday?" Lisa asked, quizzically. "Protein bars don't usually cause food poisoning."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Millie -

As Raidon's booted feet exited the lab, heading in the direction of the basement, little arms closed around his leg, bringing him to a halt.

A pair of trusting, brown eyes looked up at him as the little girl spread her arms towards him.

"Up!"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:31 am

Ergo Research Lab
- Kokonoe -

Kokonoe's shoulders slumped slightly as she and Keynes walked away from the others.

"It's been rough," she said. "Dealing with the prisoner situation, a monster outbreak with a ticking clock, and angst-ridden kids. I'm not young enough to be dealing with this crap."

She shot him a side-long look.

"Don't you dare agree with that," she added.

- Raidon -

Raidon had stood aside during the sudden chaos as Kokonoe's cure worked on the Redcape. It was a fortunate stroke, one that he hoped spelled an upward trend in their luck.

To his surprise, James informed him that Arya was here with Lisa. He proceeded to radio down for them, but Raidon didn't want to wait. If Arya was here, he'd meet her on the way.

He started to leave the lab, but was stopped short as something latched onto his leg. He staggered a little and looked down, brows furrowed at the small child seated at his feet. She stared at him with big brown eyes, arms extended toward him.

"Up!" she said, smiling. Raidon frowned. She wanted him to pick her up? Was she unable to stand on her own?

Unsure how to proceed, Raidon reached down tentatively and picked the child up. When he set her on her feet, however, her expression fell.

"I don't understand," he murmured, trying not to sound frustrated. "What do you..."

He paused. Up... Did she mean up in the air?

Carefully, he picked her up and held her at arm's length, their faces now level.

"Now what?" he asked her. What was the point of this?

Peterney
- Alexei -

Alexei fought to keep his face impassive as Ehlana was handed a death sentence. It didn't surprise him - he wasn't that naïve - but the shock still ran through him. It was the difference between someone dumping a bucket of ice water on you from in front of you or from behind.

He kept his silence as Kurik finally seemed to calm himself and ask the question on everyone's minds.

"So what's the next step now?"

"The Army will think they have the upperhand, now that they hold a captive," Maxim said. "It's imperative that we keep them wrong-footed, constantly guessing what the next move is."

"Meaning what exactly?" Lady Adalia asked impatiently. Maxim turned to her and smiled indulgently.

"I think it's time My Lady made her intentions known," he replied. "Let Kaddath know that their true leader is ready to reclaim her throne."

Adalia's face flushed like an excited child.

"It's finally time?" she said, looking at Farrington. "We'll declare war on Alina Grey?"

"No, no," Maxim said, shaking his head. "The pains and scars of revolution are still too near. The transition must be made - or appear to be made - peacefully and diplomatically."

Adalia frowned and folded her arms.

"That usurper isn't just going to hand my throne back," she said.

"You're right," Maxim answered, smiling. "Alina Grey would never do that. That's why she has to be removed first."

Farrington smiled and stroked his chin.

"I see how it all fits together now," he murmured. "I'm just glad you're scheming for us, Arusian."

Maxim said nothing. He merely smiled.

"I think we'd best prepare for the speech," Farrington said, standing. "What do we do with her in the meantime?"

He waved a hand, indicating Nadenka.

"She's a well-respected and high-ranking Army official," Alexei said quickly. "We believed she might have useful information."

He hoped his words wouldn't get Nadenka subjected to torture or other unpleasant means of interrogation. But if they thought she wasn't useful, she wasn't going to get better treatment than Ehlana.

"We already have plenty of spies and informants," Farrington said dismissively. "We don't need another."

"No," Maxim interjected. "But if she is as respected as they say, she may have some weight in pulling others to your cause."

"Very well. Put her in the prison then," Farrington said impatiently. The guards took Nadenka by the arm and led her from the room.

Alexei watched her go, his feelings mixed. He and Belo stood awkwardly as Farrington and Adalia began to prepare for this speech of theirs. Maxim motioned to Kurik and indicated the agents.

"Kurik, can you take the agents back to our quarters and debrief them? I'll let you know when we're ready to air the speech. I'm sure you'll want to be here for it."

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Ergo Research
- Lenka -

Lenka had hurried back to the kitchen. After all she was feeling hungry and there was quite some good news to go around.

She entered only to find few people there. Marcus, of course, as well as Rise and Jax. She recognised him from way back at the beginning when they called him at the police station. That was right after the incident with the Redcape had happened.

“I told everyone that you made a very delicious dinner,” Lenka said cheerfully. “And th-…” but before she could get another word out, she suddenly froze. She gripped the counter while her vision blacked out. Her knees became weak and gravity began pulling her body towards the ground.

-------------------------

- Arya -

Arya didn’t protest. She was busy straightening out her world. Once they were out of the elevator the nausea and dizziness slowly passed.

She took a deep breath and pulled her shoulders back.

“I’m sure it’s nothing,” Arya said, but Lisa was clearly worried enough and lead her to the infirmary.

“I don’t just eat protein bars,” Arya rolled her eyes at her sister. “I ate what everyone else did. Just normal cafeteria food.”

She felt better, but she could tell that Lisa wouldn’t let this go, so they entered the infirmary. Arya didn’t want this to be a big deal. Surely, Lisa had enough things to worry about.

They were greeted by a medical officer on duty who politely asked what they needed help with. Arya hestitated, unsure how to describe things without sounding ridiculous.

-------------------------
Peterney
- Kurik -

“Of course,” Kurik said back to his usual more quiet demeanor and stood up.

They waited until the guards had left with Nadenka and then he indicated for Alexei and Belo to follow him.

He lead them through a small maze of hallways. It was probably easier for them to remember the way than for him. With the base being concealed in a hill, it had similarities to an Arusian outpost.

Finally they arrived in their quarters. The main room resembled a living room with several doors leading away from it. The design was not extravagant but still spacious enough to be comfortable.

Kurik pointed at the doors. “Bedroom. Bedroom. Kitchen. Bathroom,” he said and sat down at the large table. On a side table, food had been prepared in a cold buffet style.

“Here’s a map of the complex,” he added and pointed towards a sheet of paper on the table. “As far as I’m aware, you’re allowed to freely move about, but I don’t think it would be a good idea to visit you new friend in her prison.” He tilted his head slightly, looking at Alexei and Belo.

Kurik gestured towards the food. “Help yourself.” He waited until they both sat down at the table.

“Now, tell me what happened once you set out towards Ergo Research Lab?” he mainly addressed Alexei, keeping his voice calm and civil.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Aegis

- Keynes -

"Well, aside from the angst-ridden kids, that doesn't sound like too bad of a day." Keynes responded with a soft chuckle. "And I don't believe anyone is old until they start to think they are."

He pulled her closer and pressed a kiss to the top of her head before sweeping the door open and motioning for her to enter the dining hall. "After you."

---------------------------------------------------------

- Millie -

The little girl grinned from ear to ear as she looked into Raidon's eyes. "Hi! I'm Millie!" She practically screamed in excitement, waving her arms over her head frantically.

"You has sparkle shoes!" She giggled, clearly amused by the reflective properties of Raidon's well polished boots.

- Lisa -

"And you tell me that my eating habits are unhealthy." Lisa responded with an eye roll of her own as they stepped into the infirmary, but her expression was still worried. Hopefully the nurse would have a quick answer. Arya was the only family she had left, and Lisa worried about her enough as it was.

"Excuse me."

The woman behind the desk looked up from the datapad she'd been reading off of and glanced between the sisters.

"My sister isn't feeling so great. Could you take a look at her?" Lisa tried to smile, but it probably didn't go over so well.

After putting her datapad into the desk, the woman rose and told the women to follow her. Lisa stood by impatiently as the woman questioned Arya about her symptoms and recent eating and sleeping habits.

- Marcus -

Marcus had just finished putting out the last of the silverware when Lenka whisked into the room, informing them that everyone would be here shortly. A slight wobble in her voice drew his attention, just as she gripped the counter and squeezed her eyes shut.

Not good. Muttering a curse, Marcus dashed around the edge of the table and slid under her, catching Lenka's upper body and cradling her head with his shoulder so that it wouldn't strike the ground.

Mission accomplished. Except now, he was on his back... With his knees bent under him... And Lenka sprawled over his chest as dead weight... Not an ideal situation for sitting back up.

"A little help?" He asked, looking sheepishly up at Jax, who was standing over them, looking concerned.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Nadenka & Belobog

Nadenka did not put up any fight, and complied what they were going to do with her. She was genuinely surprised with Alexei standing up for her, perhaps, now they are even?

Belobog, on the other hand, did not like that they were keeping her. Matter of fact, Belobog thought that she had outlived her uses. Perhaps, he was too disappointed that they were not going to save Ehlana to see anything in clear manner.

When they were finally separated from the old guards, Kurik asked about how the last mission went, and as he had no idea of how it was initiated nor who had come up with the plan, Belobog shut his mouth.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Ergo Research
- Rise -

Rise and Jax were catching up as Rise started setting the meal on the table. Marcus was finishing up with the silverware and plates, and everything should be ready by the time the others arrived.

Lenka was the first to come back, announcing that the others were following. Just then, however, she got a dizzy spell and fainted.

"Lenka!" Rise gasped, moving forward. Marcus got there first, however, but his bad positioning got him on the floor with Lenka on top of him for his troubles. Rise and Jax stood over them, looking concerned.

"A little help?" Marcus asked, looking sheepishly up at Jax.

"Looks like we're late to the party."

Jax and Rise turned. Kokonoe and Keynes stood in the doorway, eyeing Marcus' contorted position on the floor.

"Here," Jax said, chuckling as he picked Lenka up like she weighed nothing and setting her down on one of the kitchen chairs. Rise was at her side in a moment, brushing her hair back.

"Lenka? Are you all right?" she asked. Jax left her to it and returned to Marcus to haul him to his feet.

"I think your rescue maneuvers could use a little practice," he said, smiling.

- Raidon -

Raidon winced as the little girl shrieked her name.

"Hello," he murmured. "I'm Raidon."

Millie's attention was already elsewhere, however, as she giggled about his shoes. Raidon looked down at his polished boots and frowned.

"They're polished," he said, "not sparkly."

Boots should never be described as sparkly.

"I should take you to your parents," he said. They would know what to do with her. Why had they left her to wander about like this anyway?

He sighed and looked at the child. It seemed impractical to carry her all the way, but it didn't seem like she was able to walk yet. Reluctantly, he held Millie close to his body and let her rest over his shoulder.

"All right, let's get you to Keynes and Kokonoe," Raidon said, setting off down the hall.

Peterny
- Alexei -

Alexei surveyed the quarters that Kurik showed them. They were hardly luxury accommodations, but coming from Arusia, they might as well be. He eyed the cold buffet on the table, his stomach protesting the lack of food recently.

Alexei snatched a roll off the nearest plate and tore a hunk off it with his teeth as Kurik finished pointing out the rest of the room's features. When he mentioned Nadenka, Alexei swallowed and frowned.

"She's not our friend," he said flatly. Even if she were, it wouldn't be good to draw attention to it.

Alexei finished off the rest of the roll and directed his attention to the cheese platter. He really didn't want to relive the experience at Ergo Research again, but it couldn't be helped. He related in detail to Kurik how he and Ehlana had planned the infiltration, how he'd diverted the attention of Aegis with the jammer while Ehlana attempted her assassination, how everything had gone to hell, and how Belo and Nadenka had showed up to attempt an extraction and escape.

"That's everything," Alexei said after he'd finished. He didn't bother to leave anything out or make excuses. He didn't have any, and besides, Kurik wasn't the one deciding his fate.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Ergo Research Lab
- Arya -

“Well, lately I’ve been feeling tired, especially in the morning and in the afternoon,” Arya answered the questions and sat down. “And my lower back has been bothering me, despite training regularly. However the physiotherapist at Helios said everything was fine.” Arya kept glancing at Lisa. It all seemed so menial, something that would probably straighten itself out over time.

The woman nodded and entered more information on her datapad.

“From what you’re describing, it could be numerous things,” the medic said calmly. “But before we jump to any conclusions, I would like to take some blood and look at your protein levels and white blood cell count to see if we’re dealing with an infection or something else entirely,” she explained.

Arya nodded and willingly pulled up her sleeve. The medical officer proceeded to take some of Arya’s blood while Arya looked away. She didn’t mind seeing other people’s blood, but the thought of looking at her own blood leaving her body made her feel queasy.

“That was it,” the woman said while she put a vile of Arya’s blood in the analyser. “It’ll be a few minutes until we have the results. You’re welcome to wait here.”

True to her word, she came back after a few minutes, studying a chart.

“Well, it’s definitely not an infection,” she said, glancing down at her chart. “As far as I can tell, your iron values are bit low but the rest of your blood work is absolutely normal, except…”

“… your hCG levels are also elevated.”

Arya looked at her with a confused expression and then glanced at Lisa. She had no idea what that meant. The medic noticed her confusion.

“It means you’re pregnant. To determine the exact levels and how far along, I’d have to run more tests. Congratulations.”

Arya looked surprised and turned around to Lisa. Happiness and excitement spread across her face.

“I’m pregnant! Can you believe it?” she squealed happily, her eyes sparkling.

“I’m going to have a baby!” Arya was ecstatic, jumping up and grabbing Lisa by the shoulders.

------------------------------
Ergo Research  - Kitchen
- James & Lenka -

Lenka opened her eyes, finding herself in a chair instead of the floor. Nothing hurt, which was a relief. Her eyes searched the room, seeing Marcus being pulled up by Jax and she realized what happened. She'd have to remember to thank him later.

“Yes, I’m alright,” she said, giving Rise a reassuring smile. “Thanks.”

She sat up a little straighter, some of the color returning to her face. “I guess I shouldn’t have skipped lunch,” she added with a shrug.

Just then, James entered the kitchen, having failed to reach Lisa on her phone. So he decided to leave her a message. He surveyed the scene before him, wondering for a moment what had caused Markus to land on the floor.

“Sorry, I’m late,” he said. “Luke is staying with Mark and I can’t reach Lisa. She and Arya are …somewhere, I guess,” he added an shrugged. “I left her a message.”

It had been a long day, well more like a roller coaster. He went over to Rise and Lenka, with the latter looking particularly pale. Aha, that explained the previous scene. He raised his eyebrows at her and she shrugged.

“So what did you make?” he asked Rise and pulled her into a quick hug, “It smells delicious.”

------------------------------
Peterney
- Kurik -

Kurik sighed when Alexei finished his report.

“So you don’t actually know what happened inside the lab?” he concluded and made a mental note. And the jammer was gone too. Too bad. It was always dangerous to leave behind equipment.

It had been a reckless plan. A good one, but reckless. Well in such a short amount of time it was a surprise that they had managed to find a working plan somehow. He had to admit, these Arusians sure knew how to find a way.

“We have to be careful where you go from now on,” he added, looking at both Alexei and Belo. “Undoubtedly your pictures will be everywhere, especially if they can’t ID you.”

He shifted his gaze to Belo.

“And what happened with you?”
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:36 am

Aegis

- Lisa -

Pregnant?

Lisa blinked at the word, trying to process it as her sister pulled her into a tight hug.

Pregnant? For sure, she was relieved that Arya wasn't sick, but pregnant?

It could only be Raidon's baby, and as extatic as she was for her sister, Lisa hadn't actually considered this outcome. How in the world it had slipped her mind, she wasn't sure, but there it was. Regarless of anything else in the future, Raidon would always be a part of her sister's life now.

And that meant that Lisa would have to actually learn to accept him, not just pretend he didn't exist for her sister's sake.

She wasn't sure she could do that yet.

But, for Arya, she would try. Her sister deserved all the happiness in the world, and if this was what made her happy, then damn it, Lisa would be happy about it too.

"You'll make a wonderful mother." Lisa said, wrapping her arms around her sister to return the hug.

-------------------------------------------------------------

- Marcus -

"Got the job done, one way or another." Marcus responded as he pulled himself to his feet with Jax's help. "Your suggestion is noted though." Hopefully, there wouldn't be any further need for such maneuvers though. As much as he was glad to come to Lenka's rescue, he'd prefer that she not need saving.

Shaking out his legs, he moved back to the other side of the table. Rise was talking with Lenka now, and as much as he wanted to check and make sure she was alright, doing it in this crowd would probably only embarrass her further. If there was one thing he'd learned about his travelling companion in the last few days, it was that she had a surprising amount of pride, and he could respect that, even if it felt like holding himself back to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------------

- Millie -

"Widen?" Millie asked, looking quizzically at the man holding her in the air.

Her attention shifted as he put her against his shoulder though, and she grabbed onto one of the pins in his coat, indicating his rank. "Sparkly!" She declared loudly before tugging on the pin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 16 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next