Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation

Go down 
+2
Nexius
Payne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Well, hurry and read his story Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 2332200876

But I think everyone has a capacity for evil. People just have different thresholds to reach that point. Besides, misery is colored by the source of the affliction. If it's something tangible, something you can directly act against, you're probably more likely to take it out on that than yourself. Taking it out on yourself is a sign of helplessness, an inability to act on the source of your problems.

If the media is swamped with people telling you you're scum, it's hard to act on that. If someone walks up and says that, you can punch them.

The creature, if it had simply existed, probably would have just killed himself. But as he knows of his creator, a direct source of responsibility, he can act on that. And that agency allows him to put aside his misery for the time being.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:35 pm

That's why I said that we'll see. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 2416964522

So, what else?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Justine's death was something...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Poor Justine. :/ See, my problem is that Victor screws up, and everyone else suffers the consequences. And then he just wallows in self-pity.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:03 pm

that's hipocrital of you to blame Victor and not the Creature. Both are equal to blame. But one did out of naivity while the other one did it out of anger.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:11 pm

I do blame the creature. But he has justification for his anger, if not his actions. Unlike Victor, who's just an idiot.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:14 pm

this is the problem with society nowadays. It's sad when an idiot is more hated than a raging man
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Because there's justification for his anger. If he had just attacked Victor directly, I wouldn't have any problem. But William and Justine and the others are completely innocent of Victor's wrongdoing, so I'm not happy with that.

But Victor willfully disregards all warnings against his actions, and then refuses to take responsibility when things go wrong. The creature was capable of good, had things turned out differently. But Victor was always hopeless. It's only at the very end of the book that he acknowledges his own guilt.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:22 pm

a raging man has no control
and idiot ,,, is an idiot so meh.. an idiot can have the capacity to change more so than when talking to a raging man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Shadow-Heart wrote:
a raging man has no control

DON'T EVEN DARE STATE THAT bull****. A raging has ALL the control, he just chooses to let it go.

people who say that an emotion can make you lose control, have no idea what losing control means.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Geez, Jorg, calm down. Some people can lose control in fits of rage like when they find a spouse in bed with someone else. I've never had that experience though, so I can't swear on it.

But in any case, we tend to give more leeway with acts of passion because of the unpredictability involved. That's why there's a distinction between first and second degree murder.

The creature's acts of violence are almost never premeditated (with one exception). But Victor knowingly and willingly created something and then abandoned it and his responsibility.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:30 pm

A person in rage has all the control of going through with that single tracked act that will lead him to accomplish the task at hand but he chooses not to be reasoned with. Where as an Idiot is going about being ignorant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Geez, Jorg, calm down. Some people can lose control in fits of rage like when they find a spouse in bed with someone else. I've never had that experience though, so I can't swear on it.

But in any case, we tend to give more leeway with acts of passion because of the unpredictability involved. That's why there's a distinction between first and second degree murder.

The creature's acts of violence are almost never premeditated (with one exception). But Victor knowingly and willingly created something and then abandoned it and his responsibility.

So if I create a fabulous piece poop filled with it's billions micro-organisms, I can't abandon it?

What law or force of nature is this that states I can't abandon what I create? Because I do that every day.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 746295744

Yeah, I think you're disregarding the all-important qualifier of "sentience." No, making a model airplane and abandoning it is not the same as giving birth and then dumping the baby on the sidewalk.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:30 pm

a baby grows into a being that will continue your bloodline. A bunch of pieces of meat sewed together do not qualify as a baby.

but again this come down to this.

jorgiguel wrote:
the "self made man" allows people of that culture to easily sympatize with anything so long as it has a desire to be a person equal to others :0

bet you wouldn't give two shits about if it didn't want to fit with others. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 4276320252
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:39 pm

It doesn't have to do with passing one a bloodline. It has to do with responsibility. This "thing" (whether baby, creature, whatever) came about as a result of your actions. You therefore have a responsibility to take care of it. Actions have consequences, and decent people do not cause actions and then neglect to deal with the reactions.

Sure, I would. It's not about wanting to fit in with others. It's about never being given a choice. Really, it's rather similar to the idea of Angra Mainyu in Heaven's Feel. It's being labeled "evil" and a "monster" from birth without ever having done a single malicious thing. In fact, the creature is far more innocent. Even before he wants to fit in with people, he just tries to get basic necessities like warmth and food and people still flee or beat him off.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Except Angra Mainyu isn't a winny ***** like the creature? :V

Creature: Oh Victor, before you condemn for thy crimes, hear me out for I am the most miserable being of all.

Angra Mainyu: **** you and your ****.

Except Angra Mainyu also didn't have the power to kill anything and wasn't a walking abomination. And he was also tortured to death. And condemn after death for eternity. You know comparing the two, is like comparing a neglected child(Creature) with a beaten up, chained up, starving and dieing   child(Angra Mainyu).

ok, now out of this farce. I already know that the answer is that we have differant values, you care that it has human emotions while I don't.

But, and this is a big one. When the creature first talks, he sounds just like a devil proposing a pact with a victim. And I'm not even looking at what Victor sees, I'm just looking at the Creature's quote.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm talking about the Angra Mainyu acting through Sakura, which was far more of a walking abomination. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 2332200876

I'm not getting how you see that comparison... But anyway, I refuse to continue this argument until you read his backstory. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 2332200876

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:47 pm

then be specific when talking about an identity with multiple personas
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 pm

>.>

You are argumentative today. Anyway, what else?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:25 pm

when will the rp start?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Ask Payne. He's GMing. :0

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:08 am

he wants 2 more role players other than you two to participate.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:11 am

We know. But seeing as how no one is stepping forward, we either have to give up, press on, or go find recruits.

And by we, I mean he. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 2332200876

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation
Page 3 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next