Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis OOC XI

Go down 
+4
Dannytheman1
BBomb
Prisma*Illya
Foolcoolylover
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 pm

thanks for posting

so what am i supposed to do now?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:48 pm

What do you mean? :0

For posting, you can bring Snow and Lizzie over to the other group. And you can have Arya attack the police with Darcy. And James can talk to the High General. Or attack. Whatever you like.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:53 pm

well of course for posting lol

sorry, but Arya doesn't attack unless attacked, no matter how i twist it, that's not in her character m.m

lol why would i attack the High General? he hasn't done anything wrong besides being a cold ass and killing someone who tried to lead a revolution against him : P those can't really qualify as attack reasons XD
Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:56 pm

NoIn-LoKi wrote:
thanks for posting

so what am i supposed to do now?

Well for now, you live one day at a time. : o
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Well, they're definitely planning to attack and kill.

Good point lol. I'm sure he has questions to ask though.

Oh, Florence.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:58 pm

oh you want me to npc the policemen? >.>
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:59 pm

If you want to. Though the implication was that they were moving in for the attack.

Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Spoiler:

Here is Brady. Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 4134108735 He is only a year old too. :0
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:03 pm

so yes in reality you want me to npc the policemen so there can actually be a fight, because just implying that they attack doesn't leave me a lot to react to >.>

i'll do it, but just for the record: i hate staging my own fight scenes where i have to control both parties involved
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Aww..

Well, you're fighting with a bow, so you really just need to fire off arrows. There's a lot less involvement there than something like a swordfight.

I can appreciate that, but as you saw in my last post, I'm controlling a hell of a lot of battles right now.

Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:10 pm

He has been checking things out nonstop. :0
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:11 pm

then you should have had more stuff prepared for the other characters. Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 4276320252

a participant in the RP should never have to NPC their own battles...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:12 pm

You're a gm too. You do it then.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:14 pm

i was gonna have her pull out her daggers to make it more interesting, but since i doubt this fight will go on for very long, especially seeing that Lizzy and Snow will arrive, i'm just gonna...i don't know... think of something i guess

yeah, i knew you were gonna say that...and i understand (just not tonight, sorry)

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:14 pm

I would have if I'd known I needed to.

it's your scene.
so, it's your responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Well, I can't do it now.

Yeah, everything is always my scene and my responsibility.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:43 pm

There. Hopefully that suffices.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:54 pm

of course, you're the main GM, what kind of world would this be if you weren't responsible? : P

but seriously, obviously it's a lot of work and you're doing the best you can, and i know you're getting a lot of shit, especially from me, since i tend to see the detailed scenes more than the overall plot, so i have difficulties dealing with time skips and all that un-detailed nonsense

but if you notice it becomes too much work, mostly during the battle scenes, sharing is good (and asking doesn't hurt contrary to popular belief  Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 2888084956). that doesn't mean you have to tell everyone to stage their own fights (please don't ever do that), but we're enough people to switch it up enough that everyone has someone rp'ing an actual opponent not just themselves, there's enough low-life NPCs to go around (unless you don't trust us with your disposable characters Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 3694477269)

thanks for the edit (though i was half-way through something else, but oh well...) don't edit it back though D: i will work with it
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:01 pm

I wouldn't make anyone NPC scripted opponents, but no name mooks were fair game, I thought.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:04 pm

yeah, that's what i thought too, but my point was to kinda pair people up so you don't have to control all the no name mooks during big fight scenes and the person fighting against one or a few of them doesn't have to control them either
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Not sure I get what you mean.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 pm

she means it's not much fun to control the no-names that you're beating up on.
it kinda takes all the creative thinking out of it if you know exactly how you're going to take them down instead of having someone else to control them and possibly counter your moves.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Unfortunately, it's difficult to stretch my creativity over like ten different scenarios at once. I don't ask for it much, but it's nice for people to contribute more than just the bare minimum... Especially other GMs.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:21 pm

which is why I said I'd have done it if you'd told me to. :/
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:23 pm

mh...i think Payne failed to mention the main point.
i know this is long, but hopefully it explains what i mean

it's basically the principle you tried to apply earlier, though admittedly it was a bit rushed.

Right now there are several battles going on, right? You, having quite a few characters are of course heavily involved. Some other characters also have major battles, some against important opponents (like Keynes and Lecarde, Raidon and Dekker, etc), and some against less important opponents (like Arya and Darcy with the policemen). This has applied throughout the rp.

I understand that when you're busy writing all the important battles it can be hard to write also scenes for the more disposable antagonists (like policemen, soldiers, Legion goons). Maybe I'm the only one who dislikes it, but generally people get bored of having to write their own fight scenes against those disposable antagonists. So ask someone else to do it.

You tried to ask Payne to rp some policemen so Arya and Darcy could fight them. That way, you don't have to do it and I don't have to write my own battle scene, yet I get to have a fight that isn't monotone because someone else takes part in it.
I admit in this case asking earlier would've helped, but I doubt any of us would object to helping out that way. So instead of you (since you're busy writing all the other fight scenes) or me (who's rp'ing the character fighting the goons) someone else (in this case Payne or danny or whoever else is participating) could control them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC XI   Genesis Crisis OOC XI - Page 31 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis OOC XI
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next