Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games IC

Go down 
+3
RyubosJ
Spiriter
Dannytheman1
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Yacht

When Logan got up, Lancer was already standing on the deck, her eyes looking over the open water. She heard him stir and turned around. In her eyes, there was a dark calmness. The end wasn't very far and she knew it as well as he did.

For now, her appearance had returned to normal, quite a contrast to the grande and almost fearful battle attire from last night. It made her look tamer but no less beautiful. Without saying a word, she followed him inside.

They found Calisa and the priest already up. The mood was quiet, almost downright depressing and sad. Not a surprise after the events of last night, but still, in this enclosed space it felt almost suffocating.

Lancer threw Logan a look and then went over to the stove to make some tea. I sure hope you're in a better mood than those two, she thought towards him and pulled out a few cups, placing them on the counter.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Yacht

Logan was surprised to find both of their guests already awake and sitting in the main cabin. He'd actually anticipated Calisa locking herself in the room he'd given her and refusing to come out. Now, he wasn't entirely sure how to deal with her.

He offered Lancer a shrug in response to the look she sent him. Actually, I'm probably in a worse mood than either of them, but it might improve if you let me have a cup of that tea while it's hot. I feel like there's frost on my bones...

Crossing the small space, Logan pulled out the chair across from Calisa and eased into it, making very little noise for someone his size. "I'd say good morning, but I doubt you'd agree with me." He said, speaking as softly as he could without reducing his voice to a rattle.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Calisa gave a soft laugh, the note distinctly bitter.

"Good for you, I expect," she replied, looking down at the cooling mug of hot chocolate. Yes, his Servant was still here, and he was one battle away from victory.

But for that, he would need to go through Saber. From what she knew of him, that wasn't going to be easy. Lancer's Noble Phantasm was powerful, but obviously situational. Saber had two, and they were not nearly so limited.

"Or maybe not so good," Calisa said, turning to look back out the window again. "Nightfall isn't much time to figure out how to beat Saber."

Raphael was watching her keenly, but she ignored his probing gaze.

"Perhaps," he said after a few moments. "But if you and I can deal with the homunculus tonight, it won't matter."

That got her attention. If there was some way to deal with that creature and put an end to all this, she would have no qualms joining in.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Yacht

Without a word she poured the tea in the prepared cups and then pushed one towards Logan. "You really need to learn to take care of yourself," she said, her expression softening a little.

However, when she moved the other two cups towards their guests, her expression was a little more distant and cold, but not unfriendly.

Call me if you need me. That thought drifted towards Logan as Lancer turned around to leave. She headed for the door but before it closed, she had already disappeared in spirit form, undoubtedly preparing for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Yacht

Logan had the guild to chuckle as he reached out and took the cup of tea Lancer offered him. "Well that's put me in my place then." He rasped, taking a sip. "Thank you."

As she turned to leave, he offered her a nod to let her know he would call when she was needed. In the back of his mind, he'd almost hoped she would stay in the room though. Maybe she could have helped diffuse the tension that seemed to pulse in the air between the cabin's three occupants.

"Saber isn't my immediate concern." Logan responded, taking another sip of tea. "Given the homunculus' previous course of actions, I suspect that ending Saber's time here would only result in a new Servant that has the powers of both Saber and Caster. Now that concerns me." He leaned back in his seat, letting the warmth of the tea in his hands spread up his arms and into the rest of his body.

"You think me a monster, don't you?" He asked, never letting his eyes travel from his cup of tea. It wasn't quite clear who the question was directed at.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Logan's assessment was entirely plausible. Given past experience, returning Saber to the homunculus could result in another High Servant.

"I'm not sure you have a choice in the matter though," Calisa said, finally reaching for her mug and taking a sip. "Annabelle's coming for you, whether you like it or not."

If she and Raphael really could take care of the homunculus before it could gain any more help, then the final outcome wouldn't matter.

Or would it?

She stole a glance at Logan, feeling unnerved. It seemed traitorous to want Logan and Lancer to persevere after they had killed Caster. But then again, she had no love for Annabelle and Saber, and they certainly had no qualms about killing her or her Servant either.

"They did seem to want to help me," she admitted, thinking back on their first encounter and most recent meeting. It didn't make Caster's loss any more bearable, but she had to admit the truth - it was a war, whatever name it carried, and they did what they had to do.

"No, I don't think that," Calisa said, staring into the murky brown liquid. "Actually, I don't really know what to think of you."

She looked up and nudged her chin in Raphael's direction before looking back down at her mug.

"Him I get," she added. "But you..."

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Yacht

Logan took another long sip of his tea, contemplating the woman's words. "Then you're more kindhearted than I can fathom." He growled. "Because that's precisely what I am. A monster on a leash, albeit one I could break at any given time."

He glanced at Raphael, a look that didn't carry any sort of sentiment or animosity. It was more of a recognition than anything else. "When you hear something go bump in the night, I'm the thing that bumps back, the thing that makes it never go bump again. That is what I am, and although I bear no ill will to anything that happens to intrude upon my encounters, I will not hesitate to crush anything in my way underfoot, so long as it allows me to complete my orders."

"Him,"
He nodded towards Raphael. "You can trust to keep you safe. Me," Logan chuckled, raising his cup of tea towards her in a salute. "You should avoid like the plague, because it's quite likely that I pull something like it behind me in my wake."

Logan tipped back the remainder of his tea and sat the empty cup back on the table. "As for Annabelle... Well, let's just say that she might become one of those things I have to crush underfoot while carrying out orders. Saber will hardly be a threat without a mana source, but perhaps he can sustain himself long enough to prevent the birth of another super Servant..."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:53 pm

A laugh. She just couldn't help it. The speech was delivered straight, but it seemed so comical to her.

"So tell me," Calisa said, setting the cup down and turning to look at Logan for the first time. "How many times did you have to recite that little speech before you started buying into it?"

When you have to convince yourself of a lie, force yourself to conform to a truth your inner self resists, there's always going to be cracks. You can never fully contain it, deep down, no matter how much you start to play into it on the surface.

She'd seen that much in Raphael. No matter how much he spoke of destiny and preordained purpose, the tiniest sliver remained, exposing a young man who was lost and still hurting.

As for herself, it was impossible to look in a mirror at the Lannister manor without seeing it. She'd never been very good at hiding anyway.

"So what's your deal?" Calisa asked, returning her focus to Logan. "Did your parents force you to be a good little soldier and fight for justice and virtue? Or are you some kind of crusader for vengeance, taking out your pain the only way you know how?"

She shook her head. Anyone who had to declare their purpose and being wasn't trying to convince others, only themselves.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Yacht

Logan didn't speak for a few moments after Calisa's statements. In a sense, she was right, but at the same time, she had completely missed the point.

"My parents," He began, somewhat shakily. "Tried to warn me what I was getting myself into, but I was too enamored with the idea of what I could be. Once I actually had what I thought I'd wanted though, that's when I realized it came with a burden that no one should ever have to carry."

He glanced at Raphael for a moment. "I'm sure you've been wondering since I approached you earlier. My mother was also a burial agent. You would know her name. She tried to keep me out of the agency, but I was a poor study in listening as a child. By the time I figured out she was right, my hands were already soaked in blood."

Logan chuckled, but it wasn't a happy sound. "The only way I've been able to live with myself since I started my work is by continuing on, knowing that as long as I'm still doing the work, no other poor soul will have to take up the cross I bear." His gaze moved back to Calisa, and he looked at her as if he were searching for something. "Is that the story you wanted to hear? Was that the answer you sought?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Raphael's expression changed. The process of elimination was hardly a difficult one, and the pieces fell into place quite easily. He didn't see the resemblance now - from the little he knew of her, they were not so much alike - but he had heard many of the veterans of the time speak of her when she was younger. Yes, that description matched much more closely with the man he was looking at.

"Stupid," said Calisa, and Raphael looked at her with a start. Her expression was no longer coldly indifferent but fierce and passionate.

"Of course I'm not satisfied!" she said hotly. "Are you stupid? What gives you the right to decide other people's choices?"

"Calisa-" Raphael tried to say, reaching for her hand, but she swung it away from his grasp.

"Free will, remember?" she said, staring at Logan with a smoldering gaze. "You can't decide people's choices by acting like some kind of martyr. Besides, how can you save other people if you can't even save yourself?"

Calisa turned and marched toward the exit, in desperate need of fresh air. She paused on the threshold, her hand grasping the knob tightly with white knuckles.

"This isn't about you wanting to be noble," she whispered. "You're just a spoiled brat who can't deal with the consequences of his actions."

With that, she slammed the door behind her and headed for the deck, finally releasing her breath at the feeling of the salty air buffeting her face.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Yacht

Logan sighed as the door slammed behind her, and he reached up to slowly massage his temples. "Very judgmental, isn't she?" He asked Raphael with a bitter laugh. "I can't say I blame her though. Only someone who has taken the road I walk could understand why I continue doing what I do."

He glanced at the priest for a moment. "You don't need me to tell you that though, do you?"

After a moment of silence, Logan stood up and took the cups from the table to clean them. As he stepped behind the counter, he spoke again. "So, let's hear your plan then. I'd rather eliminate the source of the issue first, rather than dealing with Annabelle and only making the situation worse later."

You might want to be present for this conversation. He transmitted the thought to Lancer. If they were going to discuss the possibility of ending the war in failure, he wanted for her to know about it. After all, she had a wish too... Otherwise, she wouldn't have been summoned here.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Silence was Logan's only response. In actuality, Raphael felt truth in Calisa's words, opening a perspective he had not been privy to before. However, he was not here to save Logan from his inner demons. That struggle was meant for someone else. His immediate concern was for other matters.

"Actually, I'd prefer for you to stay put," Raphael said, leaning back and folding his well-muscled arms across his chest. "The last thing I need you to do is complicate matters by bringing Saber and his Master along when I'm trying to deal with the homunculus and that cult member."

Yes, if Logan could provide a sufficient bait, it should leave his path unencumbered.

"Besides, it would sense you both coming," the priest continued, closing his eyes in contemplation. "This way, we have a chance of getting the drop on it."

In the end, if they wanted to keep Saber from being absorbed by the homunculus, Logan and Lancer would need to stall. But Saber was meant for drawn out battles, with the regeneration of his Noble Phantasm. Lancer, on the other hand...

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Yacht

Lancer appeared in the middle of the room even before Logan had finished his thought. "Did you really think I was going to venture far?" she asked him with a slightly mocking tone and then turned towards Raphael.

Her eyes lost the softer touch they had when she spoke to Logan and she mirrored the priest by also crossing her arms. "So essentially, you're asking us to be sitting ducks here." It was a statement. Clearly she didn't approve. "Besides, what makes you think you can… destroy the homunculus?"

There was a tiny bit of hesitation when she said that. Lancer still wasn't sure if she even wanted to let them try. After all, it was still the vessel of the grail, right? The one who could grant the winner their wish. Could she let them destroy the last chance she had for fulfillment even if there was no certainty the homunculus would grant the winner's wish?
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Yacht

Logan frowned at the exchange between Raphael and Lancer, the later being completely right about what their position would be if they went along with Raphael's plan. "I have to agree with Lancer. Us staying away from the homunculus does provide you with some measure of surprise, but it has to know you're coming for it at some point." He paused for a moment, letting out a sigh. "But even that is getting ahead of ourselves."

He turned to Lancer with a weak smile. "Before I agree to anything, I want to know where you stand on this, partner. I won't order you to destroy the Grail if it comes to that. It's a choice I'll let you make for yourself. However, my orders are clear, and you should know by now that I take those very seriously."

"If it comes down to it, I'll go through whoever is in the way to accomplish my goal, even if it means I have to face off against a friend. I'd really prefer to avoid that."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Yacht

Lancer's open expression turned into a light frown when she heard Logan's words. If she was surprised by his statement, she didn't show it. "That's very noble of you. Not everyone would've chosen to give out a choice." She crossed her arms and turned to face the window, thinking for a few minutes.

Finally she turned back around and looked at Logan, a new determination in her eyes. "I'm going to be honest. I won't give up on the one thing that can grant me my wish," she said, twisting a lock of her hair between her fingers. "And as long as there is a shred of hope, I will try to archive that."

She paused and flicked her hair behind her ear. "However, if that abomination proves to be too evil or stubborn, I won't hesitate in destroying it, because it has taken away the last chance I had to make a real difference." A cloudy dark look shrouded her eyes when she finished.

"You think you can work with that?" she suddenly asked, her tone much more cheerful.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Yacht

Logan gave Lancer a sad smile and nodded at her response. "I can agree to those terms, partner. I know what it means to you. So, how could I not try to help in any way possible?"

He turned back to Raphael, a determination of his own now reflected in his gaze. "I'll agree to staying away from the homunculus and out of your way. If you manage to destroy it, then so be it." He paused for a moment before continuing. "However, Lancer and I will not seek to stall Saber and Annabelle. Our goal will be to eliminate them as the only remaining competition. If we manage to do so before you can destroy the homunculus, all bets are off."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Raphael's eyes narrowed as his gaze locked with Logan's. The steely determination there was palpable.

So be it. A race then. It was the best he could have hoped for, realistically. Nodding, the Executor stood from the table and headed for the door to find Calisa.

"For the record," he said, pausing long enough to look back. "She's not so far off."

[OOC: By the way, I know I didn't give you guys any direction on that, but you did perfectly there.]

--------------------

"You think you're up to it?"

Calisa appreciated the concern from Raphael. Beneath that hard exterior, he was really rather gentle and considerate.

"Yeah, I am," she replied. The thought of the homunculus holding Caster captive within it was terrible to bear.

Raphael nodded, satisfied with her response. The homunculus may be powerful, but they still had a chance.

Suddenly, her hand was on his arm, and he blinked at it for a moment before it fully registered.

"Can I make a confession?" Calisa asked quietly, turning to look at him. "It's... going to be a long one. But I want you to hear it, if that's okay."

He didn't have to respond. The acceptance in his eyes was clear enough. Taking a deep breath, she started from the beginning.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Yacht

Logan waited until Raphael had left the cabin before turning back to Lancer with a wary grin. "Well, now that we've settled that, I guess you and I had better prepare. We've seen all of Saber's tricks, and he's gonna be a major pain to get rid of. I've also seen glimpses of his Master's abilities, and she's not going to be a pushover either. Something about her is..." He paused, trying to think of a better word but unable to come up with one. "Wrong."

"She seems more like a machine than a human being."
His eyes darkened for a moment, remembering the doll who had served as his nanny for so many years. "Her mindset seems to almost be that of a Magus' doll, and that could make her unpredictable."

"The most efficient option would probably be to take her out and let Saber waste away without a mana source to sustain him."
He said with a sigh. "I try not to make a habit of killing children though, no matter how warped they may be."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Yacht

Lancer returned the smile and quietly returned to the kitchen sink, cleaning out her cup. "I guess so," she replied, twisting the cup in her hands.

She turned to face Logan. "You know she is not a child anymore, right?" Lancer asked. "The Master of Saber has made her choices and those choices come with consequences. To me it didn't seem that she wasn't aware that death is a definite possibility. Don't forget that when the situation comes"

Crossing her arms, her eyes wandered to the window, staring into the distance. "For what it's worth, I want you to know, that whatever happens…I'm glad I ended up with you as my Master."

As if struck by a sudden burst of energy, Lancer straightened up and stepped in the middle of the room. Her bright eyes looked determined. "Let's go. We need to get ready. After all you want to win, right?"
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Yacht

"Perhaps the fact that she doesn't consider herself a child is what makes me think of her as one..." Logan responded gruffly. "But don't worry, I'll do what needs to be done."

He fell silent again for a moment, reflecting on her words before he spoke. Lancer had been patient with his strange whims, even the fact that he hadn't really cared about the outcome of the competition until now. She deserved to have had a more involved Master for this War. "It's worth more than you know, partner." He responded with a wry smile.

As she stepped to the center of the room, he pushed himself to his feet as well. "Yeah, we'll win this thing yet." He responded, a note of steel in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 am

Transition - Night XV

"Are you prepared?"

Annabelle turned away from the window to meet Saber's gaze. He stood expectantly, awaiting her response.

He would never understand. Never could. They were made differently. All his focus was on his goal, blinded to everything else. But her...

The goal was meaningless in reality. Succeed or fail, it amounted to the same thing. It was a ghost of a chance that winning and gazing into Akasha itself could bring some kind of value to her existence.

But even then, it was merely following through on what her mind told her. Hope never penetrated her heart.

"Of course," she replied. No matter the outcome, she intended to see things through.

"The Games still need a victor crowned," she said, turning her back on the room forever.

"And tonight, I shall place that crown upon its rightful king," Saber declared.

--------------------

Four figures stood by the docks, watching as the sun descended past the horizon.

"We'll be heading to the church then," Raphael said, turning to look at two of the only remaining competitors in the Games. "If we don't return back, I trust you'll finish things."

Time was of the essence, if Lancer and Logan really intended to end the Games as they were intended. But they couldn't afford any mistakes. Not now.

"You ready?" Raphael asked, looking to Calisa. Her face grimly set, she nodded and turned to follow him as he headed for the church. After a few tentative steps, she hesitated and looked back.

Forgiveness... she wasn't ready to give that out just yet. And forgetting... she knew that would never happen. But still, even so, it didn't seem right to leave it at that.

"Good luck," she said quietly, her eyes meeting Logan's for a moment before she turned away and hurried after Raphael.

They were all going to need it.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Docks

Logan grunted in response to Raphael's comment about finishing things. The man was assuming too much if he thought that defeating Saber was a sure thing.

His response to Calisa's words was only silence though, at least until she had already turned and began to move away. "Luck will have no bearing on tonight's events." His cracking voice carried across the docks. "For any of us to survive would take an act of God." He chuckled at that. "May He be with you in your journey at least. He'll want no part in what takes place for me next."

He turned and nodded to Lancer, telling her it was time to go before setting off into the city.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Streets

An ash colored owl landed on the street in front of Annabelle and Saber. It let out a low hoot, drawing attention to itself as it watched them with glowing crimson eyes. After a moment, it hooted again and took flight, slowly winging its way to a street sign at the end of the street, where it lighted before its head turned all the way around to look at them again. The message was clear. "Follow me."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Park

Logan stood beside the fountain in the park, watching the water cascade into the pool below it. It wouldn't be long now...

He glanced around one more time, taking in his surroundings. Lamps at the corner of each intersection dimly lit the paths winding through the center of the park, all leading to where he stood.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw an owl land on the light post to his left. It's crimson eyes met his for only a moment, and then it disappeared, blown away like a cloud of smoke.

"They'll be here any moment." Logan said aloud. "But I suppose you already sensed Saber coming..." He finished with a wry smile.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Shadows moved at the edge of the park, wavering and uncertain, until two figures stepped into the light.

Annabelle looked serene, almost doll-like, as she moved slowly across the park, the long blonde hair and white dress flowing in the wind.

In stark contrast, Saber towered behind her like a moving fortress, the black armor steadfast as it trampled the grass beneath it.

The two approached the fountain, and Annabelle seated herself on its edge, her hand sliding slowly toward the water.

"Before we begin," she said softly, her fingers treading gently across the glassy surface of the water. "I'd like to hear what your intentions with the Grail are. That is..."

The magus looked up, regarding her foes with unfeeling black eyes.

"What is your heart's desire?"

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Park

Lancer didn't have eyes for the fountain. Actually it seemed she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings at all. Instead, she was kneeling on the ground, her lance tightly in her hands. The same ritual as before. Her lips moved silently, reciting her prayer to low for anyone to pick up on.

Finally, when Saber's presence became too strong to ignore, she looked up. Her fierce eyes fixed on the parts of the shadows Saber and his Master would emerge. "They're here," she said and got up, moving closer to Logan.

Her stance showed pride. Even though she had seen what Saber could do, she refused to be intimidated by it, eyeing her competitor with no fear in her expression. She waited. Waited for the two Masters to be done with their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Park

Logan regarded the girl with measured silence. Was there any point in telling her what she wanted to know? Perhaps a better question was if there was any reason not to...

"You've posed two separate questions." He responded, his voice rumbling more than rasping tonight. "My intentions for the Grail are still undecided, as I'm not sure how cooperative it will be. As for my heart's desire..." He paused, looking into her eyes. "Well, I'm not sure you would understand, but I suppose there's no harm in telling you at this point. My heart's desire is peace, for the turbulence that rips away at my soul to cease. That isn't a desire that I can allow myself to realize though."

He spread his fingers in the air before him, looking at his hand with sadness in his eyes. "Now." Logan said, a fireball forming in his hand. "I hope that your curiosity is satisfied." He jabbed his fingers into the fireball, spreading it into a halo with a familiar gesture. "Because the time for talk is over."

With a deft motion, Logan twisted the halo through the air, resting it over the crown of his head. "I've said it to myself every time I dawned this appearance..." He said, locking the crimson orbs of his eyes with her black ones. "It's only fitting that an angel be present to welcome one of us into death's embrace, and now, we see which of us will have our turn in judgement tonight..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 35 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games IC
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next