Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games IC

Go down 
+3
RyubosJ
Spiriter
Dannytheman1
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Meira: Ro & Berserker (Warehouse 2)

She just finished the maple-glazed donut, watching the two's reactions. Hmm. Well, she didn't mind pushing it a bit. It was a funny idea, after all. And considering the other things she'd been through, Meira considered it not quite so weird. "What? Ya don't believe me? The Chinese have been doing it for years. You could say it's almost..." Meira grabbed another one, walking with a bounce in her step towards the statue. "Traditional. Kinda like this lady. You know she's not a statue right? She's actually alive. Breathing. Heart beating. Not much else is going on though. No sleep, no movement, not even sight. She can think though; she can hear. She's Shiyan Fu, the Master you were going to have before I ripped the title from her. Really... traditional, you could say." It was obvious was where this was going as Meira stopped in front of the statue. "Poor girl has only had sex once. And it was while she was unconcious. You'd be doing her a favor before she dies in a few weeks. What do you say, Berserker? Ro? Try it out?"

Shiyan Fu's mouth, was of course, not wide open. Still, it was slightly agape in the despair Meira had petrified her in, and that was enough. The devious woman's hand grabbed the frozen's chin. It twisted and pushed. Hard. The grating of stone could be heard, as well as a large snap as part of the jaw unhinged from its rightful spot. The result was an awkward gape, as if in pure shock and unbelievable terror. "Huh. I kinda like this look better. Almost like she's appologizing for not being a prostitute and instead becoming an inadequate waste of space magus." With those cruel words, she slapped the donut around Shiyan Fu's mouth, the frosting making it stick. It was clear from the smile on her face as Meira walked back to the box of pastries that what she had done was more of an inside joke with herself than anything else. There was no innocent smile hiding sadism, it was a smile of pure contempt at the situation, overshadowing the happiness it gave her. "Ah, if you guys actually want to do it though, I can remove the petrification from her mouth. Don't worry about her biting down, I felt her jaw break."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Noin - Streets

Logan took a few more steps in silence after Lancer spoke. Coming to a sudden halt, he turned to look over his shoulder at the ruins of Kaiserpfalz, now behind them. "I don't know what to make of it... We've got ourselves one serious screw up on our hands, and I don't know if anyone truly realizes how much this shifts the balance."

With a sigh, he turned back forward and started walking again. "In any case, I need to visit the chapel again and let Raphael know that another of the original Masters has been removed. Atlas will need to start searching for a new director too. So, I should contact the agency and give them a heads up about a possible power shift in the near future."

"As for us... Well, I think working with them is out of the question. From what I saw, Caster is too independent to trust, and Calisa is resolved to protect her own freedom, but I don't think she'll extend that resolve to picking fights with the other Masters. Jamie will be her only target for the moment. We'd be best served to try and deal with some of the others in the meantime, while Caster's attention is elsewhere."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:04 am

Gedo - Warehouse

Berserker watched Meira as she moved over to the statue, taunting and disgracing her foe even in such a state. Berserker was no stranger to the atrocities of war, but something about this stood apart even from that - wickedness of the most senseless kind.

Declining to respond, he simply retrieved his weapon and began to sharpen it once more.

Ro, on the other hand, was doing all he could to remain calm, remain in control, even as he felt the urge to fly at her and stab every inch of body he could find. Hot, angry tears stung at his eyes.

"Oh, Shiyan. Oh, sister," he lamented, feeling so powerless and desperate. It took every ounce of willpower to walk from the room with shaky, stiff steps until he was safely out of earshot. Then the tears cascaded out like a flood, and he screamed silently as he beat his fists upon the ground, unsure if he hated more the devil before him or the weak fool inside.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:05 am

Transition - Night VI

Kaiserpfalz

Finally, Jamie Lannister decided to make a move.

Dowth had been watching the hotel Assassin had indicated for the rest of the day since they had parted. He had been beginning to think the shady Servant had been fooling with him until the Master of Rider had finally exited the hotel, setting off in the direction of Kaiserpfalz.

Dowth and Saber had followed at a distance, waiting until the other two had seemingly reached their destination. At first, Dowth had had no intention of interrupting Jamie's plans, until he realized that without doing so he would have no idea of why Caster had done what she had done.

It was a risk, but a calculated one. Jamie's interest was still on Caster. He wouldn't attack Dowth unless provoked.

"You fool. You're going to go charge in there unprepared after what happened last time?" he demanded, stepping out and confronting the Lannister magus. Jamie looked incensed by the interruption, glowering at the older man.

"It's none of your concern," he snarled. "That b*tch took my sister and turned her against me. Now she will suffer my wrath!"

Dowth stared in shock - not at Jamie's anger or his idiotic impetuosity but...

"She's alive?" he asked, unable to help himself. Jamie looked annoyed and confused.

"What?"

"Your sister. She survived?"

"Haven't you been listening? Caster took her as her Master! She's holed up in there now."

Dowth turned his attention to Kaiserpfalz, more to hide his expression from Jamie than to study it. So Calisa was alive... and had become a Master, no less. This was highly unexpected... and unwelcome. Though she was alive... there was a silver lining to all this, at least.

"If you rush in there half-cocked, you'll only get her killed in the battle," Dowth said at last, sounding peeved. "Allow me to go in first and speak with her. Perhaps I can convince her to give up this foolishness."

"What do you care about her?" Jamie demanded, eyes narrowed. Dowth's behavior in the matter was highly unusual.

"I don't much care for a breach in the Games I worked so hard to bring about," Dowth answered, sounding just the right touch of indignant. "Wait here then."

Jamie looked as though he might protest, but seemingly thought better of it. Satisfied, Dowth marched in with Saber close beside him in spirit form, hoping that Calisa would be easy to dissuade.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Payne, Illya - Church

Lancer chuckled. "You didn't really expect this to go perfectly smooth, did you?" she asked with a slightly amused look on her face. "You should be glad, Caster didn't get any more upset, on her own territory nonetheless."

"Who do you want to focus on next?" she asked after a while. "Caster, Rider…they will be busy. What about Saber?" she remembered, thinking about the lack of activity from most Servants.

They kept walking and finally stopped in front of the church. Lancer stopped. "I'll wait here," and with that she disappeared, changing into spirit form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Illya - Kaiserpfalz

Caster laying on the branches of the her tree, carefully reading a book as she watched over Calisa's practice her magecraft. There wasn't much to aside from waiting, while Caster wouldn't mind helping Calisa, the way she uses magic and magus use magecraft was way too different. So she was passing the time with a book she borrowed from the library, it was about Greek mythology.

"Hmmmm?"

Finally they arrived, or not, it wasn't Rider and their Master, it was instead Saber and his Master. Strange, she certainly wasn't expecting those two.

"Calisa, it seems we have company, Saber and his Master Dowth, you wouldn't happen to have any connection with them would you?"

It was really strange, Caster never once interacted with them and as far as Caster knew, neither did Calisa. So why had they chose to approach them. Only reason would be is Calisa knew the Master from before the servants were summoned.

Caster was troubled, she knew she was powerful, but she did not know the power of Saber, and considering Sabers tended to be viewed as the ultimate counter to Casters, Caster was really hoping they weren't coming to fight her.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Gedo, Illya, Noin

"No, I didn't expect it to go smoothly..." Logan hedged with a sigh. "But not in a million years did I expect to find Calisa there as Caster's Master. In some ways, it probably makes Caster a little less of a threat, at least to the other competition. However, I can't help but feel like she's fooling Calisa somehow. Something about the way her eyes kept smiling, even when she got mad at me..." He shook his head to clear away the image.

"Saber and Assassin are the two highest priorities on my list, but I also feel like Berserker should be a greater cause for concern. There's been no action from him at all since that first night, and without a Master he should have already disappeared... I didn't expect him to go quietly like that though, even if he did seem sane when we met him. Something funny is going on there." He pinched the bridge of his nose, massaging it slowly as they approached the chapel doors.

"I'll be back in just a minute." Logan said, taking the steps quickly to knock on the door. He had no intention of entering this time, only delivering a message...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:43 pm

Jorg - Kaiserpfalz

Dowth approached at a cautious pace to indicate that he had no wish for a confrontation. He felt a strange combination of relief and trepidation at seeing Calisa there with Caster, seemingly completely at ease with the situation she had found herself in.

"Calisa... I'm glad to see that you are well. I had thought... but no matter. I need to speak with you urgently-"

Calisa, who had been surprised by the arrival of the elderly magus whom she had spoken with once, instantly felt defensive about his intentions.

"If you've come to dissuade me, you can spare us both. I've already had this conversation before, and I'm still not going to relinquish my position, and I won't go back to the Lannisters," she said firmly. "If you really knew my mother... you could never ask that."

The muscles of Dowth's face tightened at the words as though struck a blow. It was all he needed to confirm his worst fears about her treatment... and her late mother's.

"Dear child... I would never wish that on you. But you need to realize that this change in the Games will not go unnoticed by the Moderator. They'll put a bounty on you to stamp you out and make an example to other rule breakers."

"Let them try," Calisa said, her voice hard. Dowth felt it difficult to reconcile this with the lovely, delicate flower he had met but a few days ago. Feeling he might make better progress another way, he turned to Caster in turn.

"Jamie Lannister and Rider are determined to battle you. If you kill Rider, you could obtain Jamie and strip him of his will... use him as a puppet Master. His capabilities as a Master are surely much higher. There's no reason to hold her here," he tried to reason. In truth, speaking to a Servant like this grated his nerves. Servants were merely pawns of a Master. To have to deal with one as an equal was deplorable. But it couldn't be helped.

Saber, who had materialized behind his Master during the proceedings, had been eyeing Caster with an impertinent aloofness. He didn't seem perturbed her powerful display the previous day. In fact, he seemed to consider her only of minor interest.

--------------------

Payne - Church

Raphael had spent the majority of the past few hours in quiet reflection and prayer in the chapel. To his immense relief, the Games had been proceeding with relative smoothness since Shiyan Fu's unfortunate fall. Though the strange circumstances surrounding Berserker's unnoticed presence still in the city bothered him, it was not such a grave matter as to arise much concern.

The priest had just finished standing, adjusting robes as he crossed himself, when he heard a knock upon the wooden doors of the chapel. Surprised by the arrival at this late hour, he moved over to the doors and pulled them open to stare into the face of the other Church member in this city.

"I did not expect another visit from you so soon," he said curtly, turning away from the doors to move back into the chapel, expecting the Executor to follow him inside.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Gedo, Illya, Noin

"You'll have to excuse my intrusion of your reflections father. I'll only be a minute." Logan said, sticking his head far enough into the chapel to make sure no one was within earshot. "I'm afraid I've been made aware of an unfortunate situation that requires your attention..." He let his words trail off, not quite sure of how the other man would react to this news.

"It would seem that Sima has met with his end in some manner, but Caster remains... With an unsanctioned Master at her side." Logan raised a hand to stop the words he knew that Raphael would already be preparing to say. "Before you pronounce judgement, Caster's new Master is Calisa Lannister, the young lady that I walked in on you speaking with a few days ago. If possible, I would like her removed from the games without any harm coming to her. The situation that led to her becoming a Master wasn't exactly resolvable without drastic action, and I wouldn't see her punished for making a decision that was best for her own existence."

"That said, you are the Moderator of the games, and I will abide by your word on the matter..."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Payne - Church

Raphael stopped short at Logan's unusual approach to stating his purpose, almost as if he worried of the reaction. Of course, it was equally disturbing that after just saying thanks for the smooth progression of this event, he would be faced with a problem that would need to be rectified.

"Sima..." he mused. So the Atlas magus had summoned Caster and failed. It would seem that this batch of Servants was most uncooperative. That was two Masters down then, though according to Logan the Servant had yet again remained behind. How she had obtained a suitable Master was beyond him, though it didn't really matter.

He had been about to speak, knowing exactly what his duties required of him, before he was forestalled by Logan. Evidently, the other man had been expecting this.

"Calisa... Lannister," Raphael muttered, running a hand over his face. Disastrous... that was the only thing he could think to describe this. To think that young woman had been a magus... the sister of one of the competitors in the Games, no less... And now she had forced her way into the competition against the rules....

Raphael was not particularly interested in Logan's excuses or his wishes in the matter. He had no choice. Hadn't he told her that only a short time ago? Their paths were preordained... and straying from them could only bring disaster.

"Is this a ploy by the Lannisters to give them an edge, or is she operating independently?" he asked, his voice not betraying any of the momentary flicker of distress he had exhibited before. It would make the difference between whether or not Jamie and his Servant would be facing the repercussions of this development.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Gedo, Illya, Noin

Logan frowned at the man's responding question, although he'd actually expected worse.

"The Lannisters..." He paused, not quite sure how to phrase what he wanted to say. "No, Calisa." She was in the driver's seat now, even if she didn't realize how to steer the vehicle yet. "She cut all ties with her family the moment she became a Master. It was her opportunity to finally get out from under their thumb, and you can be assured that they won't take it laying down. Even if you set no bounty on her head as the Moderator, the Lannister family will probably offer a large sum to anyone that can drag her back, dead, broken, or otherwise..."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 am

Payne, Noin - Church

Raphael felt slightly reassured by the news. Any backlash from the Lannister family would be concentrated to itself, not the other factions or the Church. This would make things less messy.

But still... much as was loathed to recognize it as truth, he was disturbed by the fact that Calisa had gone to these lengths to get out from under the control of her family. For such desperation, she must have endured a great many things.

Nonetheless, it would never be worth it. Perhaps it had been the Father's mercy that he had seen into her soul and attempted to warn her of the dangers of her mindset. She had been so determined to pursue her own will... and now should would suffer the consequences that came with it, as he had. He could only hope that in the breaking of her spirit, she might find the truth.

"The rules are clear. Caster must be dealt with and removed from the competition. Anyone to do so will be compensated for their service. As for Calisa..."

He turned to face Logan, his expression stone-like.

"She should be brought into the custody of the Church, if possible, so that the she can answer to the Lannisters and resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the Association. If not... the consequences are on her head."

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Getdo, Illya, Noin - Church

There was a long pause after Raphael's words in which Logan weighed the consequences of the Moderator's decision. He'd hoped for a better resolution, but this was fairly close to what he had expected. "Understood..." Logan finally managed to choke out the word as he turned to go.

Perhaps he could have delayed this judgement for a short time by not making the Moderator aware of the information, but any of the other participants could have done the same, and none of them held any sway at all over Raphael's decision. As that decision stood though, Calisa was a dead woman... If the Lannisters themselves got a hold of her, she would wish for death, even if they didn't grant it to her, and if she actually succeeded in killing her brother, they wouldn't bother with capturing her anymore. The only orders that would follow would be for her disposal.

As he turned the first corner away from the church, Logan spoke to Lancer in an icy tone. "Change of plans... Our first target is Jamie Lannister. Rider means nothing. If he goes down too, it's collateral damage, but Jamie must die." Vengeance is Mine said the Lord... If Calisa took that vengeance, it would be too late for her, in more ways than one. The Lannisters would need something to pounce on in her place, a scapegoat that was too good to resist. Logan would give that to them...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Illya - Kaiserpfalz

Caster looked down at Dowth who had now paid his attention at her, it seemed he had understood Calisa wasn't willing to listen, and since Caster was much more experience in conflicts, maybe she would listen instead.

"Fufu... You Magus really are logical freaks."

Truthfully Caster did listen, but if Calisa wouldn't listen, what hope was there for Caster too, still she understood his point from his perspective. It seemed many people thought she was using Calisa, which isn't far from the truth, but it's not the way they think it is.

"First, you need to stop with your fake respect, I'm used to being treated as trash."

Caster declared with a tip of annoyance in her tongue, she hated those that lied, specially when it was worthless things like talking, if he hated to talk with her than he should try to hide it, it only made things worse.

"Second, I'm not a Magus, I'm a Witch, what we value is fundamentaly different, people like Jamie who already hit their pick in power do not interest me. I much prefer someone who still has much to grow like Calisa. Also before you suggest, stealing other's powers does not count as growth old man."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:20 pm

Payne, Illya, jorg - Streets

Lancer didn't bother to appear when Logan exited the church again. She followed him quietly, his expression rather grave and she figured his meeting with the Moderator didn't have the result he was hoping for.

Once he spoke, his words confirmed her suspicions. "Are you doing this for this girl, Calisa?" she asked, not quite sure what his reasons were. "Why? What is there to gain for you?" her voice sounded puzzled while she struggled to understand.

They headed back to interfere with the vengeance of Rider's Master.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:29 am

Jorg - Kaiserpfalz

Dowth took a deep sigh, closing his eyes to collect himself. Both Calisa and Caster knew the risks, and neither was ready to budge from their stance. For a moment, he considered having Saber try to eliminate Caster, but it was too risky still. Besides, if Calisa lost now, she would be taken into the custody of the Church, and who knew what ill fortunate would await her then... He wasn't strong enough yet to keep her away from the clutches of the Lannisters.

"Very well..." Dowth said slowly, opening his eyes and turning his gaze to Calisa. There was only one way to go forward then.

"I am sorry," he told her softly. For all she'd had to endure, for how she'd been forced to break free. But even so, he felt a bit of respect. This young woman had something that her mother had not - strength off will.

Inclining his head toward her, he turned and headed for the exit. Saber, who had been staring unflinchingly at Caster, finally turned away slowly from her and followed after his Master. Calisa could only watch, wondering who Dowth really was and why he seemed to care.  

--------------------

Jamie's nerves were tightened like a rubber band about to snap. Dowth had been gone too long... Really, the whole matter was none of his business anyway. Why did he have to interfere? This was a Lannister affair.

"Rider!" he announced, finally snapping. "We're-"

But just then, Dowth came into view, Saber by his side. They marched solemnly down the path until they reached the place where Rider and his Master stood.

"Well?" Jamie asked impatiently. "Is she going to give up or not?"

Dowth stared coldly at him, trying to keep himself in order. Oh, to understand what the girl had gone through... how differently things might have been...

"No," he answered at last, his tone distinctly icy. If Jamie detected some animosity, he certainly didn't seem to care. Gritting his teeth, he signaled to Rider and made to move forward, but Dowth held up a hand.

"I can't let you do that," the elderly magus said, eyes narrowed. If Jamie marched in there half-cocked and started a large-scale battle, Calisa could become a casualty in the cross-fire. He wasn't about to allow that - not for Jamie to get his way and bring the young woman back under his thumb.

"Oh really?" Jamie said, his face twisting in an ugly sneer. "Fine, I'll kill you too! Rider!"

The Servant stepped forward, tensed as he gazed at Saber. He had already tested the knight of the sword in combat once. If he didn't fight at full capacity, he wouldn't stand a chance. And if he did, with Caster's prying eyes about and who knows how many others...

"Master-" he tried to caution, but Jamie was beyond such concerns.

"Do it, Rider! I want them both dead!"

Spoiler:

There was nothing for it then. Sighing, Rider summoned his spear to hand and glared at Saber, who returned the look with a calm, cold smirk.

Like a shot out of a cannon, Rider flew at Saber, his spear swiping through the air at Saber's neck.  The knight of the sword gripped his blade tightly and brought it up to parry, his instinct preparing him for the attack.

But... what? Why did he feel a simultaneous attack from Rider from behind? How was that possible?

It only took an instinct to think this as Rider's spear clashed into the broadsword, and with it a fist suddenly slammed into the side of Saber's head. Staggering to the side, Saber straightened up and wondered if the blow was making him see double.

There appeared to be two Riders standing before him, identical in appearance, save for their expressions. While the Rider he was familiar with maintained his grim, composed expression, the other was practically glowing with the excitement of battle, a confident smile upon his face.

"What? How is this possible?" he could hear his Master asking, as Jamie laughed delightedly at their surprise.

"This is my most precious Noble Phantasm," both Riders answered together. "This is the essence of my soul - two forever as one."

Jamie was grinning delightedly at the horrorstruck expression on Dowth's face.

"Do you understand the difference between us now?" he laughed. "This is the caliber of hero that a Lannister magus can draw. Let's see what your puny knight can do against that!"

With that, both Riders moved together in perfect harmony, like pincers ready to crush their target.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Illya, Jorg, Noin - Kaiserpfalz

Logan grimaced at Lancer's words, not quite sure how to answer them. "You're aware of what I am, are you not?" He responded with a question of his own. "It's a part of what I believe that you yourself don't necessarily have to gain anything from your actions, so long as they benefit the One you serve. As long as someone deserving of it is uplifted by the way you live, then there is still victory, even if you can't see the immediate benefits of it for yourself."

As they crested the next hill, Logan's eyes rested on the figures ahead. Well, there was a surprise... Not only were Jamie and Rider already here, but it seemed that Dowth and Saber had also decided to make a move. This would have been an excellent chance to eliminate Dowth under different circumstances...

Even more interesting though was the fact that there appeared to be two Riders. Maybe he was more powerful than Logan had anticipated... That also meant it would be more difficult to take Jamie down one on one. An opportunity such as this one might not present itself again.

"Go straight for Jamie. If Rider breaks away from combat to interfere, assist Saber in keeping him busy, and I'll deal with Jamie myself."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Jorg, Payne, Noin - Kaiserpfalz

"But that, Master of Lancer, is just what you won't do."

Archer materialized before them, looking non-aggressive but firm. He cast a glance back at the battle, far more interested in it than them.

"I have a vested interest in seeing Saber lose," Archer said, "Preferrably by my own hand, but I'm not picky. I was about to join the fray on Rider's side, but it seems you're forcing me to play bodyguard."

He glanced back briefly once more at the ensuing fight, smiling in his wily way.

"Besides, aren't you the slightest bit interested in seeing what they can do? Interfere too soon, and you won't get a chance."

--------------------

Spoiler:

Rider moved in for a blow with his spear, delivering several blinding thrusts that Saber parried in quick succession. But Rider(?) had been waiting for an opening, and saw it.

Quickly diving in, he delivered a powerful right hook to Saber's face, knocking him back. But the knight of the sword planted his foot firmly back to catch himself and swung back with his gauntlet-covered left hand, backhanding the other Servant with a powerful hit that sent him reeling back.

But with two Servants on him at once, Saber was at a disadvantage. Rider had already thrust with his spear, catching Saber in the shoulder with his spear. With a yell of fury, Saber gathered prana into his sword and slashed forward, sending the burst crashing into Rider and sending him hurling back into a pile of rubble.

Rider(?) had gotten to his feet already, fists raised for an attack. But Saber had no interest in playing defensive. Using his prana burst once more, he gave his feet a boost and covered the distance in the blink of an eye, slashing his sword horizontally to the bisect the young man.

"Tch-!"

Saber was stunned momentarily to see his sword pinned between the knee and elbow of his foe, a satisfied smirk plastered on the young man's face. Saber tried to pull back the sword caught tight in Rider(?)'s hold, but the enemy Servant had already swung back his fist and delivered a strong uppercut, knocking Saber back out of the grip of his sword. Rider(?) tossed the blade back behind him before closing the gap and delivering a series of rapid jabs which Saber took without defending. But just when Rider(?) felt he had the upper hand, Saber let loose a burst of prana and tackled him to the ground, grinding him painfully into the dirt for several meters before Rider(?) could wedge a leg between them and kick hard against Saber's chest, sending him vaulting over Rider to crash into the ground.

But it was damage well worth taking; Saber had landed beside his sword, and in a moment it was back firmly in his grasp. And not a moment too soon. No sooner had he grabbed his fallen sword than he was forced to dive aside as a large, winged something dove past him like a freight train. Saber cast a glance back to see Rider astride a large stone griffin that had stood sentry at the entrance to Kaiserpfalz, its wings beating against the wind.

"Another Noble Phantasm..." Saber murmured as Rider circled back, preparing for another run.

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Illya - Kaiserpfalz

Sounds of a battlefield can be heard from outside, what was most likely just two servants clashing blades, sounded like they were in the middle of a war with bombs dropping from every direction. Yet Caster yawned at this, flicking her fingers a large glass sphere appears in the middle of the room, showing what was happening, it was mostly for Calisa, Caster could always see them without it.

"It seems Rider finally got tired of hiding their secret."

She commented while as she looked at Calisa from the corner of her eye to see her reaction. Caster already knew of Rider being two servants, it was difficult to hide themselves from someone who has eyes everywhere. So what interested her in this battle was not Rider, but instead Saber.

"Fufu, HahahahaHAHAHAHA!"

Hands slowly extend towards the sphere as if entranced, an eary smile formed on Caster face.

"Do you see it Calisa? The futility of men? Abandoning goals and dream for the sake of rubbing their pride at each other. They came here to stop us, yet they now fight each other to see who actually gets to do that! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Caster covers her face with one hand as she attempts to control herself.

"They don't even realize the futility of their actions. In the end, men are destined to fail."

Instead of simply teaming up and taking Caster down, they all fought each other, then what? Simple, Caster gets a nice tired target.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Calisa looked up at Caster in surprise at her mention of Rider's secret. She, of course, had known that there were two of them... but how had Caster known? Had she been watching all of them this whole time?

But those thoughts were driven out by Caster's ecstatic laughter, seemingly soaking up all the conflict with great amusement. Calisa felt as if her assessment was a bit off... after all, if Saber and Dowth had come to attack them, they would have done so. Instead, they'd left to challenge Rider and Jamie.

Still, Calisa had no intention of contradicting Caster. After all, she didn't even really know what Dowth's motivation here was. Instead, she simply watched the battle with growing anticipation, wondering if her concern for Rider's safety was missplaced. They were enemies now... but still, he had shown great affection for her. She would not be happy to see his blood spilled, especially on her account.

---------------------

Spoiler:

"Gah!" Saber gasped, fending off the blows of Rider(?)'s fists before diving aside as the stone griffin bearing Rider trampled the ground where he had stood a moment before. Even as he took his feet, Rider(?) was already moving in to unleashing another flurry of blows to keep his attention as his look-alike turned about in the air for another attack.

Enough was enough. Saber stabbed his sword into the ground as Rider(?) moved in, bringing up both his arms to shield his face. The blow, the strong enough to be felt even through the armor, was stopped short by the defensive maneuver. Even as Rider(?) was recovering from his surprise, Saber swung both arms up and brought them crashing down on Rider(?)'s head, dropping him to the ground in a dazed heap. Saber quickly snatched up his sword just in time to kneel and thrust the blade up into the air, catching the passing stone griffin in its underbelly and tearing through the length of it.

Rider was thrown from it, pulling up in a roll as he hit the earth while the stone griffin hurtled to the ground and shattered into pieces.

They were determined. Saber had to give them that. Already, the two Riders were getting to their feet, eyeing him.

"Give it up, Saber," Rider(?) said, panting.

"You can't keep up with us much longer," Rider added, brushing off dirt from his clothes. But Saber merely smiled in response.

"You're mistaken," he said quietly, straightening up. "I keep going till I win."

Both Riders froze as a strange white vapor seemed to move through the air toward Saber, seeping into his armor. The dirt and bruises and blood on his face began to fade and vanish as his skin returned to its usual appearance. The dented, scraped, and buffeted armor began to mend until it shone like black onyx once more. Even as the mist rejuvenated Saber, the grass beneath his feet and the old tree beside him from which it seemed to emit began to wither, shrivel, and die before their eyes.

"Do you understand the difference between us now?" Dowth cackled, relishing in Jamie's enraged expression. "This is the caliber of hero that I can draw!"

"Now..." Saber said, smirking darkly as he took a step forward, sword in hand. "Let's see if you can keep up with me."

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Payne, Illya, jorg - Kaiserpfalz

Lancer had been watching the proceedings from where she and Logan turned the corner the battlefield. She took in every move of Rider and Saber, watching for anything they revealed about their abilities. That Rider was two people was especially unsettling.

As the battle proceeded, Lancer changed into her battle outfit, getting ready to move when Logan ordered her to go after Jamie. Suddenly Archer appeared and Lancer stopped dead in her tracks. His words were so contradictory to the actions of the previous day when his Master and Saber's Master had formed some sort of agreement. Well that certainly proved he couldn't be trusted.

She glanced over at Logan to make sure they were on the same page.

"I don't understand why you would want to protect someone who is serving a pathetic dog," Lancer said, contempt in her voice. Without hesitating another second, she charged at Archer with blinding speed, her spear swinging at his neck.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Jorg, Payne, Noin

Rider exchanged looks with his identical copy, both alarmed by this latest development. But perhaps even worse was the presence of two more Servants closeby. How they might interfere was uncertain, as was the time before Caster might appear and complicate matters. No matter how they looked, this was a very problematic situation for them.

"What's wrong? You don't look as confident as you did a moment ago," Saber commented, smirking. Neither Rider responded, but Jamie gave an indignant bellow from behind, unable to stand the humiliation any longer.

"Kill him, Rider! Kill him now!" he screamed. "I order you-"

But his words were silenced as Rider(?) gave him a swift blow to the neck, knocking him unconscious. He unceremoniously slung the young man over his shoulder before slowly making his way backward from the battlefield, Rider covering him as he moved. Saber narrowed his eyes, poised to move, but Dowth held up a hand to stop him.

"No, leave it for now, Saber," he ordered quietly. It had been a huge risk taking such a stance against Clocktower's representative, but he wasn't about to press it and lose all favor by being the one to kill Jamie and remove him from the contest. Saber gave him a scowl, evidently displeased with this decision. That was all Rider really needed to make his swift escape and disappear into the night.

"There's other Servants nearby," Saber said after a few moments of tense silence, not bothering to wait for orders before marching off in that direction.

--------------------

Once more, Lancer and her Master proved their brashness by not hesitating a moment to launch into another battle.

"Better a pathetic dog than a soulless tyrant," Archer answered coldly, summoning his bow to block the blow from Lancer's spear. He used a burst of wind to knock Lancer and himself away, creating some distance. However, he did not put an arrow to the string for an attack, merely content to keep her from interfering.

"I'm itching to put an arrow in Saber's throat," he sighed, "but my Master has prohibited it for the time being. Still, there's loopholes to most orders. Nothing says I can't inadvertently help someone else to do it."

However, this was not to be. Archer muttered a silent curse as Rider slipped off, leaving only Saber behind. Unable to lift a hand against Saber for the time being, and not wishing to be found here by them, Archer sighed and vanished into spirit form, feeling that the night had been a regrettable waste.

It was only a few moments later that Saber appeared, surveying Lancer and her Master with calm disinterest. Dowth appeared a few moments later, trying to keep up the appearance that his Servant had not disregarded him and gone off alone to meet them.

"Lancer, we finally meet," Saber said crisply, a thin smile edging onto his face. "Were you just nosing about, or did you come to interfere?"

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Illya, Jorg, Noin - Kaiserpfalz

Logan clicked his teeth in frustration as Rider broke away from Saber in the background. In some ways, it was better than the alternative though. Perhaps there wouldn't be another opportunity to fight him with assistance, but several of his tricks had been revealed. That meant it would be easier to form a plan for dealing with him.

As quickly as Archer had appeared, he also backed away, apparently uninterested in the battle now that Saber was safe. His words continued to echo in Logan's mind though. Jacques had formed a pact with Dowth, but their Servants didn't agree with it... That was an interesting bit of information that he might be able to make use of later on.

Before he could tell Lancer that they were leaving, a figure neared, and Logan frowned, realizing that it was Saber. He didn't want a confrontation with the Knight right now. It would have to happen eventually, but at this very moment, he had other opponents on his mind. Still, the Servant had spoken to Lancer, and he wouldn't cut in on the conversation.

Don't tell him Archer was here... Logan transmitted to her.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Payne, Illya, jorg - Kaiserpfalz

Lancer took a step backward to catch her balance. Archer clearly tried to keep her away from Jamie rather than start a full scale battle. However, before she moved in for another attack, her eyes wandered to the other battle.

She frowned when she realized they had stopped and Rider and his Master broke off for now. There was no reason to fight her way past Archer now. Relaxing slightly, she turned her attention back towards him. A slight smile appeared on her lips. "I shall remember that sentiment," she said as he disappeared.

Her stance tensed a little when Saber appeared, but she kept her face expressionless. Making short eye contact with Logan to convey that she understood, she moved slightly to the side, keeping herself between Logan and Saber. Archer was right, Saber's behavior alone was not very inviting.

"What's it to you, Saber?" she asked back politely. "Would my answer make a difference?" Lancer tilted her head slightly, her eyes wandering towards Dowth and then back to Saber. "I could ask you the same thing, but I think I know you were not just nosing around. Why were you interfering with Rider's path?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Saber arched a brow at Lancer's impertinent response, delivered with a surprisingly polite tone. Well, she was certainly an interesting one.

"It would," Saber responded flatly. "None of us are friends here, of course, but I like to know who's intent on my blood."

Once more, Lancer's boldness showed through as she demanded his business instead. Smirking, Saber shot his Master a look before shrugging.

"Damned if I know. My Master has made several questionable decisions today," he responded, walking closer until he stood before Lancer, watching her with cold eyes. Slowly, he raised up a hand and grasped her face, eyes roaming over her features.

"I appreciate your spirit," the knight of the sword said quietly. "But you should know, I don't like being talked back to, on principle."

Saber was walking dangerously as well; it was obvious that Lancer was not the type of woman, Servant or no, to appreciate being touched that way. Dowth immediately tensed, taking a step forward.

"Saber."

Saber released his hold on Lancer after a moment, turning and giving Lancer a parting smile before turning and walking off to join his Master. Dowth stared hard at Logan, as though wondering what to make of him, before turning and departing back in the direction of city hall.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 16 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games IC
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next