Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:50 pm

Mithras' Throne Room

- Bastion

Bastion stood anxiously, chewing on the pad of his thumb, as Silky's magic worked to mend Cleo's wound and restore his strength until he could finally sit up and prop himself against the wall.

"Well, that hurt," he muttered.

"Why did you-?" Bastion broke off with a frustrated huff and shook his head. "Nevermind. It's just like you, isn't it?"

"Don't tell me you're feeling bad." Cleo shot him a look. "You had to know something like this could happen."

Bastion glared. "Not to you two! I wouldn't..."

When he trailed off, Prince drew in closer and looked down his nose at Cleo. "That wasn't meant for you, as you well know. If you chose to get in the way, you have only yourself to blame."

The angel turned back toward the battle, guiding Bastion around, when Cleo shuffled to stand in front of them.

"What about now?" he asked, throwing his arms out. "You going to blast me aside?

Prince stared him down, expression inscrutable. Bastion realized he must be waiting for an order - the order to remove Cleo as an obstacle or not.

"Return," was all he could say.

With a fleeting look, Prince returned to the gauntlet and left the two men to stand, awkwardly facing each other.

-------------------------

- Ryoko -

"Your death is meaningless to me. All I care about is that you don't interfere and if it takes your death to accomplish that, then so be it."

Asclepius gave a singularly mirthless chuckle. "I see now why the Ring of Gaea accepted you so readily. I have an obligation to my patron. However..." His eyes darkened. "I have an even greater obligation to my research. If that's what it takes..."

He lowered his arms and allowed Catequil's spell to bind him.

Meanwhile, Ryoko and Mithras continued to clash, and as the effect of Light of Order began to fade, their blows became more evenly matched.

"How does it feel, high and mighty god?" Ryoko taunted. "You might have some power, but you've never learned the skill to actually fight. You thought yourself too high and mighty for that, huh?"

Mithras said nothing, brow furrowed with concentration and anger as he knocked Ryoko's hatchet aside before slashing down with his blade, the maga rushing out in a wave. She dodged aside and hurled the other hatched, which raked across his shoulder and tore out a cry of pain from him.

Ryoko smirked. "Next one's going to be your head."

"No." Mithras straightened up, eyes blazing. "I don't think so."

Raising his hands, he cast his Solar Flare spell - but not at Ryoko. She stopped mid-dodge and turned around as the spell exploded near the ceiling. A dangling wooden fixture overhead that no one had noticed, blending with the shadows up that high, ignited with the flames and formed a perfect ball of flame, just like...

Ryoko's eyes widened, and she swore as Mithras' maga suddenly jumped. It wasn't a sun - not a real one - but it symbolically served the same purpose. That meant-

Catequil's Power Bind struck Mithras, pinning him in place, but with a cry Mithras broke the enchantment's hold over him and deflected the spear aimed for him. His Fatal Sword struck Catequil's spear and flung him back toward Vayu.

"Your turn to keep him busy," Ryoko called. "I've got to do something about that fake sun, or we're toast."

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:07 am

Mithras' Throne Room

Vayu was slightly taken off beat when Asclepius suddenly allowed Catequil's spell to bind him. What could he be up to?

However, the explosion from Mithras' Solar Flare spell exploded at the ceiling and the room light up like it was daylight. And with it came a noticeable increase of power from Mithras.

"What the --?" Vayu called out surprised, allowing his attention to be drawn away from Asclepius. And just in time.

With a massive blow, Catequil was pushed back towards him. Vayu jumped to the side at the last moment to avoid being hit by his own demon. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said for Asclepius, still unable to move.

Catequil crashed into him and the wall behind them. While Catequil quickly got up again and took his ready stance by Vayu's side, the same couldn't said about Asclepius who crumpled at the wall.

"Let's go," the demon growled and Vayu nodded. Mithras was definitely their biggest concern at the moment.

Coming from the side, Catequil moved in to strike with his spear once again, the weapon loaded with the lightning of his Dark Vortext spell that would strike Mithras upon contact.

Meanwhile Vayu also moved in for an attack. "Confusion Wave," he called.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:42 pm

Mithras' Throne Room

- Ryoko -

Mithras gave a cold laugh as Catequil surged in and struck with his spear, which clashed against the other god's blade like an impassable wall. Even as the lightning struck from above, Mithras shrugged off most of the damage and sent maga surging through his sword, forcing Catequil down to his knees.

"I did give you the chance to serve me, little god," Mithras hissed. "Now, I will mount your ugly head on that spear of yours."

Vayu's Confusion Wave hit, but it seemed to have only a slight impact as Mithras' eyebrows pinched together, and his grip wavered slightly. It wasn't much, but it was enough to give Catequil a chance to roll back in time as Mithras' Fatal Sword shattered the stone floor where he'd stood.

Ryoko, meanwhile, scaled the wall, then begun to climb her way across the ceiling, trying to get close enough to attack the false sun's support. Just as she got in range and released her hatchets from the roof, swinging them toward the wooden chandelier, Mithras fired his Solar Flare spell up at her. She curled up, trying to shield herself, but the explosion blasted her and her hatchets across the room, where she tumbled into a corner and remained motionless.

- Bastion -

Bastion and Cleo stared tensely at each other, neither able to move for fear of the other getting involved in the fight. But as the false sun light up, and the battle suddenly took a terrible turn for the worse, Cleo turned on Bastion with eyes flashing in anger.

"What's it going to be, Bastion? Are you going to just watch as we all get killed?"

Without waiting, without caring if Bastion tried to attack from behind, he rushed to help Vayu and Catequil.

Wavering on the spot, Bastion glanced at his companions, then up at the false sun blazing overhead.

-----------------------

- Cleo -

Mithras turned with a jeer away from Ryoko's fallen body to Cleo and Catequil as Cleo raced over.

"Good, all here," Mithras said. "Now I can deal with you all at once. I promise not to leave a single ash behind."

Raising his hands, he cast his Solar Flare spell toward them. Even as a small point of flame spun into existence in front of them, swirling and building up heat, a flash of light sailed overhead and struck the chandelier, sending it plummeting downward.

As the explosion ripped through the air, the false sun collided into it, pulling in the flames and imploding in on itself. The floor rippled, buckled, and cracked under the impact as everyone was thrown to the ground.

Mithras shakily righted himself, staring around with wild eyes as Bastion lowered his spear, the glow fading. "You traitor!"

Bastion said nothing, averting his eyes.

(Mithras is back to 3 Star tier. No more tricks. Throw everything you've got at him.)

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:08 pm

Mithras' Throne Room

Vayu had a moment of panic when they saw how Mithras' power suddenly surged. Catequil put all his power into his spear, trying to stop Mithras from overpowering him. The only thing that saved him was the distraction Vayu's confusion wave caused, allowing him to dodge just in time.

"How are we supposed to beat him now?"

"Relax, we'll find a way," Vayu replied to his demon just as Mithras began to taunt them and released his Solar Flare. He only had time to shield himself when a huge explosion rocketed the room. He felt himself blasted back and thrown to the ground. Everyone was covered in dust and ashes.

With a groan he pulled himself back up and looked around. The huge sun had disappeared and he followed Mithras' eyes to Bastion. Vayu gasped in surprise. This was the last thing he had expected.

"Now's our chance," Catequil pulled Vayu back into the fight, pointing at Mithras. Vayu nodded.

"Go, go," he agreed. The demon had taken considerably less damage from the Solar Flare spell due to his immunity and dashed off towards Mithras once again, wielding his spear, charging it up with lightning that would release in an instant.

"You also better get our your offensive attack," Vayu said to Cleo, eyeing him up to see if he was up for it. "Synchro Gift," he cast at fellow Vanguard and then pulled out his own weapon. He wasn't sure how much he could do with only a weapon, but if there was a chance to strike Mithras amongst the others attacks, he would take it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:52 pm

Mithras' Throne Room

Mithras and Catequil clashed blades again and again, bursts of maga from Mithras sword spilling in all directions while Catequil’s lightning bolts struck all around like a heavy rainfall with each blow. Catequil recoiled from the maga bursts, while Mithras winced and gritted his teeth as the static bursts from the falling lightning struck at him. They appeared well matched, Mithras more powerful but Catequil more skilled. Even so, it couldn’t last. Catequil’s reserves would fade first, and they both knew it.

In a desperate lung, Catequil surged forward, taking the gash from Mithras’ blade, and struck hard with his spear. The blow sent Mithras reeling back directly into the path of a lighting bolt, which struck hard on him and caused him to sag.

Taking the opening, Vayu and Cleo leaped into action. Cleo’s Vortex Slash struck Mithras across the chest and sent him reeling back, and Vayu left into the eye of the storm and thrust his blade. It struck true, piercing through the demon’s chest.

For a moment, everyone froze. Mithras, his eyes wide, stared down at the blade, then at Vayu. Then his face blazed with fury, and he lifted his hand and cast his Solar Flare spell.

The force blew him back into Vayu and toppled them down the stairs of the dais. As they righted themselves, Mithras hovered forward, defeated but unwilling to stand down.

“Even if I have to shatter my whole spirit, I won’t let you walk out alive. No one will ever tell the tale of Mithras’ fall!”

He raised his hand, pouring all his maga into the inferno that spiraled in the air in front of them. Then he jerked as something silver embedded in his shoulder, spattering blood across his pale skin.

“Wh-what?”

His spell died out as he turned, sword raised, to see Ryoko emerging from a portal in the shadows cast by his throne. With a snarl, he knocked the hatchet loose from his shoulder…

…just as the other sailed past his blade and sank into his skull.

“Told you the next one would be your head,” she laughed.

He gasped, blood across his face, as Ryoko lunged past him, dragging the chain and his body off the dais and slamming him down to the ground below. Splayed across the ground, he raised a bloody hand toward the Vanguards, fury in his eyes, sparks igniting at his fingertips.

Then the embers died out, as did the light in his eyes. His hand fell back to his blood-stained chest, which slowly dissolved until nothing remained behind.

“So much for the so-called god,” Ryoko mused, gliding down the steps to join them.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:22 pm

Mithras' Throne Room

There it was. One opening.

In the violent clash between Mithras and Catequil there had just been no opening and even though it looked evenly matched, Vayu could see the ultimate outcome.

So when the chance opened up both Cleo and him jumped at the chance. Finally Vayu buried his blade into Mithras' chest. For a moment he thought they'd done it, but the demon lifted his hand to hit him with another Solar Flare spell. There was nowhere to dodge and they both were blasted down the stairs.

He hit the ground, feeling there was no strength left while Mithras stood back up, still determined to fight them until his last breath until Ryoko suddenly appeared and ended it with a well aimed throw of her hatchet.

Vayu watched Mithras' body disappear, catching his breath while Catequil approached him, holding the gash on his arm.

"Will you be alright?"

Catequil nodded.

"Nothing that a little rest won't fix. You?" Vayu nodded and took the offered clawed hand to get to his feet.

"Thank you. For all your help," he said.

"Don't mention it. He irked me," Catequil grumbled.

A glance at Cleo told him that his companion was alright, so he approached Bastion.

"I'm sorry we made you do something that goes against your beliefs, because we weren't strong enough," he said, laying a hand on Bastion's shoulder to make his friend look at him. It made him realize how singed and dirty he must look.

"But I'm still glad you did it," he said. "I didn't want to die here."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:24 pm

Mithras' Throne Room

- Bastion -

Bastion stared at Mithras’ body as it faded, his stomach turning. He couldn’t let Mithras kill his friends, but now…

The hand on his shoulder startled him from his thoughts. Glancing around, he nodded at Vayu before looking away, not sure what to say.

“I’m going down to the city,” he said, pulling back. “Make sure the Ring of Gaea hasn’t broken inside or attacked anyone.”

————————————-

- Ryoko -

“Someone’s a sore loser,” Ryoko mused, watching Bastion leave the room. She made to follow after him when Cleo stepped in her path, smiling despite the mess he looked.

“Are you all right?” he asked. “You took a nasty hit back there.”

She scoffed. “Better than you. I’m made of a tougher stuff than a human. It’ll take more than that to put me down.” As she brushed past him, she paused. “And by the way, don’t expect me to thank you for what you did before. I didn’t ask you to rescue me.”

Cleo shrugged. “I don’t need thanks. Helping a lovely lady is its own reward.”

She glared at him, expecting some kind of punchline, but when none came, she looked away and shook her head. “You need your head checked. Maybe that doctor-“

Her voice died when she glanced at the corner and realized Asclepius had vanished.

“Hey!” She nudged Vayu’s shoulder. “He’s gone. Are you going to let him get away?”

A: Go after Asclepius.
B: Follow Bastion.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Mithras' Throne Room

B. Follow Bastion.

Vayu sighed when Bastion turned away without a reply. Maybe this was longer conversation for a later time when things had calmed down.

His eyes followed him as he left the throne room.

Then Ryoko nudged him, calling hit attention to the disappearance of Asclepius.

Vayu weighed his options for a moment.

"I have no quarrel with him. He did end up staying out of the way and I'm not about to hunt down every demon that supported Mithras. He was the main objective," he said to Ryoko. "I'm more interested in making sure that with Mithras' demise the defenses of the town are still somewhat intact and the oni horde outside hasn't overrun the city or killed anyone."

And to make sure Bastion or rather Prince wouldn't wreak havoc outside if the situation had turned bad, he added in his thoughts.

With those words, he recalled Catequil to his gauntlet and followed Bastion outside.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:49 pm

Mithras’ Throne Room

- Ryoko -

Ryoko watched Vayu leave, and Cleo started to follow after him.

“You coming?’ he called back.

She shook her head. “I’ll be there soon. Get out of here.”

Smiling, Cleo disappeared out the door, and Ryoko turned and headed to the corner where Asclepius had stood. She tapped around with her hatched, looking for a passage, then finally decided to take the quick and dirty approach. Smashing the wall in, she found a passage leading downward and followed it into the shadows, hatchets clutched tightly in her hands.

————————————-

Town Center

- Bastion -

Outside, Mithras’ forces had managed to hold Ryoko’s at bay, keeping most of the forces isolated to the walls. A few oni and other demons had broken free of the defenses, though, and scattered into the city. Bastion rushed to cut off an oni from reaching a house and struck it down from behind, turning to glare up at the forces on the wall.

Was he going to have to cut through all of them? He didn’t trust Ryoko to stop now, right on the cusp of her victory.

Vayu and Cleo emerged from the castle entrance, but he didn’t look at them, instead contemplating his gauntlet. If he and Prince joined the defenders, it might be enough to push them back off the wall. Then when Ryoko came, he could try to strike her down before the other two could defend her, before Cleo could get in the way again.

He clenched his fists, recalling being bound by Mother Harlot, skewered and bleeding out. Cleo hadn’t traded places with him back then, hadn’t taken a blow for his own teammate. But this half-blood oni, this selfish sower of chaos…

“Hey, enough!” Ryoko bellowed. “Stand down!”

Her demon forces immediately stopped fighting and moved back from the defenders, who looked startled and confused. As did Bastion, who turned to see her emerging from a secret passage in the side of the castle with Bifrons in tow. Her hatchets were stained red - whether with Mithras’ blood or something more fresh, he wasn’t sure.

“Mithras is dead,” she announced. “We’re moving out.”

The villagers began to peer out of windows and crack open doors.

“Any demons - or humans - who didn’t like being under Mithras’ thumb can join us,” she added.

Mithras’ demons exchanged looks. Some shied away and slinked off into the shadows. Some wavered uncertainly in place, and others moved to stand with the Ring of Gaea demons. Most of the humans remained in their houses, though a handful slowly emerged, looking at the Gaea demons with a mixture of apprehension and curiosity.

“What’s the meaning of this?” Bifrons demanded. “The Great Mother-“

“Told me to kill Mithras. And I did,” Ryoko snapped. “So we’re done here.”

She shot a sneering look at Bastion through her mask as she approached the other two Vanguards.

“Well, Asclepius’ pet project has been canceled,” she said mildly. “Now we don’t have to worry about being mass lobotomized.”

Bifrons shuddered and looked away.

“What?” Bastion turned to Vayu and Cleo. “You let her-?!”

He bit his lip, turning away. He’d been so focused on the town and its people that he’d forgotten about Asclepius and his research, of the possibility of a cure to Mother Harlot’s demonization. Now… it was lost.

Ryoko ignored him, keeping her eyes on Vayu and Cleo. “I guess you two had your uses, so you can scavenge some of these demons if you want.” She waved a dismissed hand toward Mithras’ forces. “Or…” She eyed some of her Greater Oni. “Hell, I’m feeling generous. You can take one of my guys. If your Chaldea is so wonderfully tolerant and coexistent, let’s see how you handle a real oni.”

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:13 pm

Town Center

When they arrived outside, the situation was tense. Before the tension broke into a fight, Ryoko appeared and actually told her forces to stand down.

Vayu breathed a sigh of relief. He was glad, his instinct hadn't been wrong about her.

When Ryoko revealed that she had destroyed Asclepius and his research, Bastion nearly snapped at Cleo and him.

"Don't put this on us. We all chose not to deal with Asclepius and instead wanted to save this town," Vayu replied to Bastion.

He could see some of the demons and villagers had chose to join the Ring of Gaea. How did he feel about that? Well, if it was their choice...

"We neither need your generosity nor your permission to select a demon," Vayu replied to Ryoko's words.

Then he turned to the groupings of demons and people. "You are free. Free to do and try whatever you want. Don't forget that."

"I think we're done here," he added to Cleo and turned back towards some of Mithras' demons. One of the Empusa who had guarded the doors before was still slinking around.

"I want you to come with me," he said to her, extending his hand with the gauntlet. She hesitated, almost like a stray cat until she came closer and finally touched the gauntlet. A moment later, she had disappeared.

Without another word, he stood there expectantly, waiting for Ryoko and her demons to leave.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Town Center

- Ryoko -

Ryoko raised her eyebrows at Vayu's cold dismissal of her offer, though the effect was lost somewhat by the mask.

"Suit yourself," she muttered.

When he stood by, silent and stiff, it was obvious he was waiting for her to leave. Bastion refused to even look at her. Only Cleo, with a shrug, raised a hand to say goodbye.

She didn't return it and turned her back on them. "I doubt we'll end up working together again. So try to not to cross paths with me again."

"You'd better hope we don't," Bastion growled, still averting his eyes.

She said nothing, giving them one last look like she almost wanted to, then slowly walked away.

- Mithras' Castle -

- Bastion -

Given that the hour was so late, and the obtrusive castle now unoccupied, the townspeople gave the Vanguards free rein to spend the night there and depart in the morning.

Sleeping proved difficult for Bastion, and as soon as the sun came up, he found himself wandering down to Asclepius' lab. Part of wished he hadn't. The place was a wreck, and seeing all Asclepius work destroyed for nothing made his heart sink.

No closer to stopping Mother Harlot still. Of course... there were still the Deathstones. Yes, he had to hope the angels had been right about them.

- Cleo -

Cleo knocked on Vayu's door in the morning and let himself in without waiting for a reply. He leaned against the wall and ruffled his hair with a sigh.

"So..." He glanced over at Vayu. "We've got a report to give to the Council about all this when we get back. How do you want to handle it?"

A: Tell the Council the whole ugly truth. They deserve to know all that happened.
B: Clean up the report and focus on the results. If it worked out in the end, that's all that matters.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Mithras' Castle
A: Tell the Council the whole ugly truth. They deserve to know all that happened.

Vayu was already awake when Cleo entered his room. He hadn't slept much and he hadn't slept well.

"I'm not sure yet," Vayu replied. "Let's talk about it with Bastion. It's not a decision we can make by ourselves."

And with those words, they left his room and searched for Bastion.

Finally they found him wandering the ramparts of the castle overlooking the city as the sun came up.

"Hey," Vayu said.

"Are we ready to leave?" he asked. "And have you given any thought on what we want to tell the Council?"

"I kinda feel like they should know everything...." he suggested, looking at Bastion, trying to gauge his reaction.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:41 pm

Mithras’ Castle

- Bastion -

Bastion overlooked the ramparts onto the plains below, dusty and rocky. He could sense it, just as he had before.

“We can’t afford to go wait,” he told Prince.

The angel nodded, then turned as Vayu and Cleo approached. Without a word, he vanished into the gauntlet, leaving Bastion to face them alone.

“I had no intention of telling them anything but the whole truth,” he said calmly. “I don’t have anything to hide.”

Cleo let that go unremarked on. “Let’s get going then.”

As he turned to leave, Bastion remained in place. “I’m not going back. Not yet.”

Cleo, turned, eyebrow raised.

“I have something I need to do first.” He turned his gaze back on the planes, eyes sharpening. “Go ahead without me. You shouldn’t have a problem with that.”

“Tch.” Shaking his head, Cleo turned and left the ramparts.

Bastion started in the other direction, his jaw set.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:47 pm

Mithras' Castle

"Well good, we're on the same page then," Vayu said and rolled his eyes.

However, Bastion's next sentence came as a surprise. He wasn't going back?

Instead of leaving with Cleo, Vayu leaned his back against the ramparts, looking up to the castle. He could feel the sun rays hitting his back.

"You know....I think Cleo can make the report himself," he mused and looked up to the sky. "I'll come with you. Whatever you have to do."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:59 pm

Mithras’ Castle

- Bastion -

Bastion paused as Vayu followed after him, declaring his intention to accompany Bastion. Bastion’s expression softened, and he looked away toward the plains.

“If you’re sure.” He bit his lip. “Thanks. When it comes to killing Fiends, there’s no such thing as too much help.”

Out there, he could sense it, sense that aura of death emanating from here. Whatever Asra had left behind in him after his resurrection, it resonated with it that aura and responded to it. And right now, it was telling him he had no time to lose.

Another Fiend. Another Deathstone. Another step closer to putting an end to Mother Harlot.

Is Asher didn’t beat them there first.

————————————-

- Ryoko -

Ryoko stood on a rocky outcropping, watching her forces move out. Bifrons hovered beside her, but she ignored him, her gaze turning toward the outline of Mithras’ castle, where she could just make out three figures standing there…

“Mother Harlot won’t be pleased,” Bifrons muttered again.

“I killed Mithras. What’s not to be pleased about?”

“Not on your own,” Bifrons retorted.

Turning her eyes away from the castle, she glared at him. “So what if I let Chaldea wear him down? I call that efficiency.” Ryoko grabbed him by the throat. “And so will you, if you know what’s good for you.”

“You would ask me to lie to Mother Harlot?” Bifrons squawked. “Never, never! Do you know what she’d do to me if she found out?”

Ryoko released the little demon, and he flew back. Then, with brutal speed and efficiency, she whipped her chain around, slicing Bifrons clean in half with her hatchet. As the demon groaned, fading into nothingness, Ryoko chuckled and jumped down off the outcropping to join the back of her procession.

“I guess we’ll never know…”

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:08 pm

Alignment Choices

A) Agree to help Ryoko. - 10 CP
B) Refuse to help. - 10 LP
C) Wait to decide until after meeting Mithras. - 0

A) Return to help Ryoko against Mithras. - 10 CP
B) Fight Mithras without Ryoko's help. - 0
C) Defend Mithras against Ryoko.  - 10 LP

A) Go after Asclepius. - 0
B) Follow Bastion. - 0

A) Tell the Council the whole ugly truth. They deserve to know all that happened. - 5 LP
B) Clean up the report and focus on the results. If it worked out in the end, that's all that matters. - 5 CP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise   Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Standard Mission: The Price of Paradise
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3