Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:48 am

Gad - Getting Help

"Thanks, you saved us back there." Said Gad and he nodded as he understood what she was trying to tell them. At least it was clear that she was not their enemies. Well.. for now...

"Aren, do make sure you protect Beru, alright? I got no demon on me so it's hard to do things multiple things at once." Said Gad, looking at the ghouls that did not looking to back off.

Quickly Gad moved into the nearest ghoul, "Maga Break." And this time he sucked its maga from the ghoul to the point of no return, Gad licked his lips. "Thanks, that was quite delicious." He glared at the rest of the ghouls and then he cast once more. "Crushing Guilt!" It pulled packs of ghouls to the ground and then blast of curse magic inflicted magic damage to them, Gad without hesitation rushed into spinning his scythe dividing them into half without mercy. Then he grabbed one more of those ghouls. "Maga Break." Replenishing his maga from them once more. "Invisible Armor," Gad surrounded himself with buff again, not making the mistake of looking down at them. "I can keep on going. The only redeeming characteristic I got is that I am quite hard to get rid off." Said Gad slicing off drained ghouls in half.
Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:31 pm

Aren Vent - Ghouls & Help

“Beru, be a dear and stand directly behind me, would you?” Aren asked, forgetting where he originally had placed the walking sack of potatoes.

“Aye, aye, I’ll defend Beru; and you can play the role of our knight in shining armour.” Aren said with a grin on his face, as he wielded his scythe, as he slightly shook in anticipation. “Wing, use Wing Buffet.” The young zen, shrieked in agreement as it flapped its wings, channelling its magic, aiming it towards the pack of ghouls.

Aren looked towards Erice, and nodded; as said “So anyway, it’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Erice; Aren Vent, at your service; and our charming knight protecting us from those damn Ghouls, is called Gad.”

Nexius likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:42 am

The Ghouls piled onto Gad as he charged into their midst, draining them and hacking into them. Though they dug in their nails as they clung to him and tried to bite, his Invisible Armor protected him from the worst of it. When they got too overwhelming, the Zhen’s Wing Buffet helped to disperse them a bit for Gad to get in and deal with them in smaller numbers.

Meanwhile, Kuda flew through the air above, batting away Phantoms from above and sending ghostly blue fire to pelt them. Erice took care of any swooping in low, slicing them with her spear and dispersing them.

“Nice to meet’cha!” Erice said, smiling at Aren. “I- Oh!”

She stopped short, eyes wide, as a Phantom phased through Aren with its possession spell. It paused halfway through to gawk at Erice, its ugly mouth wide in silent moans.

Erice placed her hands in a meditative gesture, then slammed her palm into Aren’s chest. The Phantom was blasted out of his body and across the ground, where she aimed her spell.

“Hama!” she called as the Phantom was encased in a barrier of light before being dispersed.

Straightening up, she sighed and turned to Aren with an apologetic smile. “Sorry about that.”

Beru frowned and jabbed Aren with her cane. “Stop flirting and pay attention!” she chided.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:25 am

Gad - Getting Rid of Ghouls

Thanks to Aren's help, Ghouls were scattered into smaller groups, and without showing any mercy Gad took the fight to the ghouls.

"Crushing Guilt!" Gad shouted and sliced the ghouls affected by curse damage with ease, freezing them to sliced ice.

Then he moved to the next group sucking out the maga out from one of the ghouls, then blasting Force Bullets at it, then finish them by beheading them.

Gad went to the next group, slicing their legs off, making them immobile then he cast "Crushing guilt" and proceed ending their lives.

"It seems ghouls are done." Said Gad, then he looked at Aren and the newly joined ally. Gad fired his Force Bullets inflicting magic damage to the phantom that noticed Gad, and he moved to Beru and where others were.

"You alright?" Gad asked Aren, then checked on Beru who looked fine and well. "I mean he is taking hits for you, go easy on him."
Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Aren - Idling with the Gang

He cringed, as he felt something penetrate inside of him, and violate him. “Ugh, how disgusting.” Aren muttered under his breath, as he cringed. “It’s fine, that was a feeling I haven’t experienced in a while.”

Aren turned to Beru, with a smirk on his face. “I’ll just stay here, and look good for you, Beru. I’ll happily let ghouls violate me, if it means you’re safe, and you can watch.” He winked at the old crone.

“Furthermore, I’m not flirting, my heart belongs to someone else; just being polite, as one should when it comes to self-introductions.” He said as he glared at Beru, disgusted that she would assume he had interest in something living.

“Nice one, Gad; I loved how you crushed them...Will it bother you, if I examine the monsters or something, as I’m curious about the state of their cadaver?” The young man, said with as his eyes shined, excited at the prospect of new corpses.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Beru just shook her head at Aren's reaction to her comments, but Erice had missed them entirely while she focused on Gad, who had just finished off or driven away the remaining Ghouls.

"Nicely handled," she chirped. "You guys are better than I thought."

"Moderately competent," Kuda murmured, settling once more near her shoulders.

Erice turned to chide him, but in that moment, Aren's enthusiastic pleading to examine the dead Ghouls turned everyone's attention to him.

"Uh..." Erice began, but there was no need to finish her statement. As with all demons, they began to fade into nothingness, dispersing in black wisps into the wind.

"Anyway!" she exclaimed, trying to move on from the awkward moment. "What are you folks doing up here?"

Beru frowned and shuffled closer to gaze up at her. "We could ask you the same question, young woman."

Erice blinked, then laughed. "That's fair." She then straightened up proudly. "I'm an Exorcist from the Order of Messians! Well, an Exorcist in training. And these mountains crawl with Phantoms and other spirit-type demons, so it's a good practicing ground for me to improve my skills."

Beru nodded and looked around at the caves and openings around them. Yes, there would be plenty of spirits to hunt here. "We're heading to the tombs on the mountain top. My ancestral crypt is there."

Erice contemplated them all a few moments, then titled her head. "Well, I don't mind tagging for extra protection, if you all think you could use the help. I'd be getting in my daily exorcism quota in either way."

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:16 am

Gad - Climbing to the Tomb

"You better study before it turns into dust then..." Said Gad, scratching his hair as he could not understand Aren's fetish over dead corpse. Just then the dead disappeared into maga energy.

Eins probably turned into such dust as well.... Gad's sadness of what he did to the ghouls came to bite him a bit later. Even though he did it so to protect others, he did not like the idea of killing the demons so mercilessly. Was there really no co-existing solution for demons and humans?

He was brought back to the reality soon enough, with Beru answering question from Erice. Finding out that she was from the Order of Messians was quite a pleasant surprise. At least, they are not human haters...

"Well, if you are willing to help, we would gladly take it. But, we need Beru to accept your help as she's the client." Said Gad, as it was a personal matter to Beru, Gad wanted to respect Beru's wishes than anyone else.

Last edited by Nexius on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:29 am

Aren - Climbing to the Tomb
Aren blinked and ran over to the corpses as they turned to dust, letting out a single tear, as he stared at the wisps vanishing into the air. He stared longing into the distance, frowning slightly.“Strange,that their bodies dissolve...I guess that’s something to study, and examine in the future.” He muttered to himself, not talking to particularly anyone.
The thought sunk in that Aren might not get to examine any corpses today; which he found mildly depressing.

The young man stood up with the corners of his lips perked up, slightly. “I would love your company, Erice. The more the merrier, after all.” Aren said, in an awkwardly unnatural cheerful manner; as he tried to cover up his looming depression from the corpses disappearing. “Miss Beru, would you mind if we had Erice’s company?” He said, and then proceeded to say “She would probably be better at dealing with some of the more...Magical demons, per se; as we saw she is a talented exorcist, afterall.”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:53 pm

The group watched, wincing, as Aren seemed to dive into emotional dispair as the demon corpses vanished before he could study them. By the time he turned around, however, everyone resumed a neutral expression as though they hadn’t noticed a thing.

With both Gad and Aren pleading to Beru for Erice’s company, the old woman looked slightly ruffled and turned away to think without all their eyes on her. Kuda sighed, swiveling in midair to stare up at the sky with a bored expression as Erice shuffled her feet.

“Very well,” Beru said, turning back. “Till we reach the top of the mountain, at least.”

Erice beamed. “Great. Glad to be of help. The Messians want a better world, and that starts with helping each other when we can, right?”

“Sure...” Kuda muttered.

Beru, eyes focused back on their path, continued forward toward the mountain top. Erice hummed to herself as she followed along, Kuda drifting in her wake.

“So, you guys are Vanguards from Chaldea, right?” she asked, pointing at the Mark of Mastery each wore pinned to their clothes. “I’ve always wondered what it’s like there.”

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Gad - Climbing with others

Gad climbed with Beru and sometimes helped her out if he thinks its too steep for her to manage her own. Even though she didn’t like the gesture that Gad showed, but sometimes she took it unwillingly as it was clear some path became harder to climb.

When Erice asked about Vanguards, Gad was surprised. “Well, I thought your Order of Messians would teach you one or two things about us.” Then he smiled, “With vanguards you are always in danger of losing life, but fighting for something thats worth. And everyone is so different that every mission is exciting and never boring. Another interesting is that everyone has different things in their mind what’s worth fighting for. Some are fighting for their identity, some for the strength, some for fame, some for honor, some for their loved ones, some for future, some for the fun of it and some for the revenge... So yeah, it might be pretty different from Order of Messians. Not trying to imply that Order of Messians are boring, but unlike your Order, we have bunch of misfits trying to figure co-existence within ourselves.” Said Gad, somewhat optimistic.

Gad cleared his throat, “Anyways, what about Order of Messians? What’s it like to be part of it?” He asked.
Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Aren - Climbing with the party

Aren silently celebrated whilst he climbed alongside the other members of the party. Whilst he silently celebrated in his head; as Erice was allowed to stay. Aren personally believed that the more people around; the more fun, and interesting situations could ensue. “Errr...Chaldea, I’m kind of from the outskirts, and I’m extremely forgetful... Sooooo, I probably wouldn’t necessarily be the best to ask, you’ll be better off asking Gad about more details.” He said awkwardly, as he realised how much he had forgotten since he first gained his mark of mastery.

“Miss Beru, are you quite alright climbing up or would you like some assistance?” He whispered, towards the miserable old crone. Considering how light she was, he was more than willing to carry her up the mountain, to spare her old bones from getting any worse.

Then, Aren looked towards Erice, hoping that she would answer Gad’s question as he hadn’t heard of The Order of Messians. On the other hand, what does Aren actually know about how to dig holes, and the basic theory of being a vanguard, alongside the training. As always, Aren’s curious mind got the better of him; and it went from a mild glance at Erice out of curiosity, to an intense obsessive stare. “Please, Miss Erice; tell me more about your order...Do they do leaflets or any information handouts, I could get a hold of?” Asked aren.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Beru jabbed at Aren with her cane when he tried to get close, scowling at him. “I’ve still got two working legs. I can walk.” She peered up at the sky, eyes narrowed. “Though if it gets too late, we might have to resort to that...”

Shaking her head, she continued on as Erice frowned at the two Vanguards. “But if you’re fighting for different things, won’t that weaken your resolve as a group?”

She glanced off into the distance, toward the direction where the Order of Messians hid their temple.

“The Messians all work together with one goal and one ideal in mind,” she continued, sounding more like she was parroting words than speaking her own mind. “That’s why they’ll outlast the rest of humanity and the demons in the end.”

Aren seemed particularly curious about the Messians, and she smiled and shrugged at his question. “We don’t have leaflets, no. But the Messians sometimes send out Evangelists, whose job it is to go around to villages and even Chaldea sometimes to convert others to the Messians. I think there’s one in Chaldea now you could talk to. His name’s Icarus, but I don’t know him to well. He’s kind of funny.” She gestured to the side of her head, making an odd, flapping gesture. “Has a gimpy wing on his head.”

She paused for a few moments, silent as they continued to trek their way upward. Then she glanced at Gad, appearing a bit shy.

“Is it true that...” She hesitated, then pressed on. “I heard that there’s a guy in Chaldea who’s been blessed by the angels. They even say he was brought back from the dead. The Messians say he’s been destined to lead humanity against her... the Fiend. Then he’ll usher in a new kingdom on earth.”

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 am

Gad - Climbing and Answering the Question

“Actually, I think humanity lasted this long because there’s diversity within them. In fact, I think, borrowing the words of my friend, that’s the greatest gift that uncreated one has given to us for this troubled times. So when we find the common ground than the resolve is going to be stronger than any kind.” Then Gad was surprised how Erice knew about the story about Bastion.

“I am really sorry, I only heard the news of it. I was not there to witness it myself. Even if I knew who you are talking about, I don’t think its my place to tell you his or her name. But I can tell you this much, I do think that person could be a very good leader.”

Said Gad, and he took note of what had been told by Erice.

‘Human Kingdom?....’ thought Gad, he was not so sure if this was a really good news, or a troubling news in disguise.
Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:13 am

Aren - Climbing the mountain

Aren stepped back, avoiding the lethal weapon, that was Beru’s cane after; “I’m beginning to think you like jabbing me, my dear.” He sighed, and looked up at the sky; “At least it’s not raining I suppose, but I’ll still happily carry you, Beru.”

Aren turned back to look at Erice, with a slight smirk on his face. “A gimpy wing, on his head...What would even look like?” He chuckled slightly at the thought of a single wing, hanging off someone's head; as it just flapped, and moved in the wind, not getting anywhere.

‘A kingdom on Earth? Is this the middle ages, again; oh boy.’ “So Gad...If a kingdom is about to form are we going to the knights of the table?” He asked playfully, seeing as the supposed kingdom reformer would likely be referring to their associate bastion.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Erice frowned at Gad’s words. “But hasn’t mankind always struggled with division and hate and injustice? If everyone were on the same page, there would be no strife or discord to hinder our advancement.”

As Aren chimed in, Erice turned and smiled, looking both amused and slightly sheepish about making fun of Icarus.

“Well, like I said, it’s...” She put her hand against the side of her head, picturing Icarus, and flapped it. “Like this.”

Spoiler:

He’d probably be mortified if he ever saw her doing it. Erice got the impression he was a little sensitive about it. The feathers were very pretty, though...

The subject of the angels though seemed to make everyone uncomfortable. Gad was reluctant to talk about the situation, though Erice suspected he knew more than he was letting on. Aren proceeded to joke in his usual way, but Erice didn’t have a comical answer for him.

“The Millenium Kingdom won’t have any need for knights and wars,” Erice explained. “It will be a time of total pacifism. But...” She hesitated. “Only the true believers will be left to inherit the kingdom. At least, that’s what the Order says. So...”

You won’t be there. She let the words go unspoken. It was an unfortunate fact that if the Order was right, people like Gad and Aren wouldn’t be around to see the new world. That always hurt deep down for Erice, who liked meeting new people and making friends. There was always the chance for them to join the Order, to see the truth, but she knew most people wouldn’t choose that path...

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:34 am

Gad - Climbing

"It's true because of differences that we had to go through wars and fights, but because of that people learned the value of co-existence and made many advancement that could help the people to unite. There's always be darkness and light. Without darkness of man, then no man would strive for light. The only reason we strive for light, it's because we learned the darkness inside of us. One day these differences, I think it will help us to get there."

Gad cleared his throat, "I mean, that's just an unpopular opinion of mine."

Gad shook his head when Aren asked him about being knight and all, "Oh, Aren, we would probably the pawns of the knights. Well, unless we work hard and make a name for ourselves." He chuckled.

Erice then began talked about how Icarus flapped its wings and such, answering Aren's question and then when she talked about what Order of Messians believed, Gad looked at her with a weak smile.

"We won't be there." Gad completed for her. "It's alright, Erice. Everyone has a different set of beliefs, and everyone looks at the world differently. If it's a place no diversity can be accepted, I would rather not be part of it. To me, differences among us makes the world interesting and fun. Even though that kind of world bring lots of conflicts and sadness at the same time, I learned that sadness too make us feel alive. Just like conflicts sometimes pushes us forward to think and broaden the views."

Gad climbed up and he was wondering why he was feeling so positive about life, perhaps, he finally had the moment of peace in himself? He did not know, but as he climbing up, he had time to think carefully and reflect upon it himself. He also remembered he did so much of hiking with Eins and his friends that much of his old emotions were rushing back to him. The good old days, hiking up the mountains because of their lack of stamina and such. To train and to bet on whose going to be the slave for a day, and such.

"You know what, I think I will climb the mountains often from now on. I think I was stuck on the ground far too long and couldn't see it for myself where I was going with this." He commented.

He was not the wisest one of his old group, but he had friends who saw world in so many different ways that he could not help but broaden his views about the world. However, he made it sure he was high alert, he was not going to let his old emotions to make him take the mission lightly. "So Beru, are we very close to the destination?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:03 pm

Aren - Climbing the Mountain

Aren nodded sagely, picturing a more natural wing hanging off Icarus’ head. “Ah, so more natural, and less like it's just stitched onto his head, and less just hanging off there?” He asked out of curiosity; as his mental image faded from a peculiar monstrosity, and more along the lines of a typical angel in fiction.

“...Pawns of Knights...I mean it makes me something I suppose, should help justify being one of the living; I suppose.” He said with a chuckle, amused at the thought that he could even be of use, to a higher order; than the Vanguards. “I can work hard...But then again, it depends on the justification; what will the butterfly effect be, if I was to work hard?” He said, mimicking in a monotone, as he attempted to act more serious.

“As for the new order, and us not being around, Gad.” Aren said as his voice slightly shook, allowing the passionate emotions to leak out. “Isn’t death just a new beginning; afterall, do we really know what happens after we pass onto the next cycle?”

He groaned, as he continued climbing. Aren and mountains....Weren’t the best of friends, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Erice frowned and stared down at her shoes as they walked. Both Gad and Aren seemed to take the idea of them not being a part of the Millenium Kingdom in their own unique ways, and each response saddened her in an equally unique way. She could have understood anger or vehement denial, but their quiet embrace of the consequences for that way hurt. It wasn't the way she wanted for them, or for anyone, but... what could she do about it?

When Gad changed the subject to climbing more mountains in the future, Erice clung to the new topic and worked up a smile again. "You should. Mountains are my favorite places. There's something fresh and open about them, and a sense of peace and separation from everything. I'm glad the Messians are-"

She cut herself off, going red.

"Err, nothing!" She waved her hands. "Forget that..."

Fortunately, Beru cut into the conversation with the answer to Gad's question.

"We're here," she said as they finally came up onto the summit. Though mostly rock, dustings of grass and vegetation spotted the area. Fog drifted gently across the ground, weaving spidery fingers through the field of tombstones. At the end was a mausoleum, which must be the family crypt that Beru had told them about.

"I guess this is where I leave you," Erice told them, backing away and waving. "Stay safe, okay?"

With a last, lingering look, she headed back down the slope. Kuda gave the two Vanguards an impertinent glance, then slinked off through the air after her.

Beru didn't bother to look at them, but wandered slowly through the tombstones, fingering the bell around her neck.

"Boy," she said to Gad. "You said that the dead want us to move on... that it's enough to know that they remain in our hearts. Do you truly believe that." She turned to look at him. "If you could bring them back right now, would you?"

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:16 am

Gad - Climbing and Entering the tomb with Beru and Aren

Gad shrugged, "I am not so sure about it myself Aren." Gad answered Aren's question. Gad smiled nostalgically, "But I had a friend who believed that we will all become a star, watching over the left ones."

Erice did not look that happy of how they were embracing such set of belief; no, more like she was in her own world contemplating what was happening in front of her. Many would have showed anger and denial or something like that, but she probably did not expect how Gad and Aren were openly accepting what Order believed in.

Truth to be told, Gad himself was not so sure what is really right. However, he was being honest and sincere about how the future that Order of Messians sounded dull and boring. Matter of fact, he did not believe what Order of Messians' version of perfect world. Gad's view of perfect world was something different, and if there was a real God, Gad could not help himself but feel sad that such boring world would be the version of perfect world in the eyes of the creator of this world.

In any case, Erice became much energetic as he brought the subject about the mountains, from how she wanted them to quickly forget what they had heard, it looked like Order of Messians were doing something in the mountain or some sort. Gad just took the mental note of it so that he could report to H.Q. just for precaution. Erice was a nice person, but not all personal from Order of Messians were known as nice.

"You take care of yourself as well, Erice." Said Gad, "Perhaps we will cross path again, hopefully in better situation." Gad said his goodbyes and followed Beru.

As they walked inside the tomb, Beru asked a question that made Gad think deeply of what to say. "I meant it," Said Gad, "And even I could bring them back, I won't. Not because I don't love them anymore nor I don't remember them anymore. It's because I don't want them to live this hell because of my selfish heart. I think they deserve rest after fighting every day to survive." Gad answered, even though he truly wanted them back in his life, he was not going to bring them back here and make their sacrifice be something that could easily be undone. "Beru, are you planning to bring your sister back?" He asked in sincere voice, and no judgement of what she was about to do.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Beru rested a hand on the doors of the masoleum, unable to bring herself to enter and see her sister’s corpse. She let Gad’s question hang in the air for several moments before turning her head and holding up her necklace.

“Our Sister’s Bells, we called them,” she said softly. “But they have a proper name. The Afterlife Bells.”

She removed the necklace from around her neck and held it out in front of her, her hand trembling.

“They’re said to wake the spirits of the dead and return them to the land of the living. We always promised...” Her voice cracks, dry and hoarse. “... that would bring each other back.”

She hesitated, then began to shake her hand, rattling the bells. The silvery tingle was haunting in the chilling silence of the mountain.

“Sister... Edna... come back to me. Come back to this plane.”

The ground trembled, and the masoleum shook. Beru stepped back, then fell to the ground as another quake, stronger than the last, rumbled through the earth. Then, with a terrifying wail, the doors of the masoleum burst open, and a terrifying creature emerged.

Spoiler:

“At last.” It cackled, a terrible sound. “The ring of the Afterlife Bell has freed me after all these years.”

Beru shook as she crawled back, mouth wide in horror. “You’re not... Edna.”

The Revenant laughed. “The Afterlife Bells are not trinkets, old fool. Your will was not enough to draw forth one who did not wish to rise from their slumber. But my will was more than enough. I’d waited these many years for one of my ancestors to ring the bell bring me forth from behind the veil.”

“No,” Beru gasped, shrinking away. “No...”

The Revenant moved closer, towering over Beru’s form. “As your reward, I’ll let you be the first to house my spirit.”

Before Beru could do anything, the spirit swept forth over her and sank into her body. She screamed and twitched, then grew still as she turned to face the two Vanguards. The woman’s kindly eyes were now wide and malicious as she sneered at them.

“I’d prefer another woman... but your bodies are hearty enough. Perhaps I should take one of you next... once I’ve worn you down enough.”

The two young men didn’t want to harm Beru, but the Revenant had made itself vulnerable by inhabiting her form. If they struck her down now, it’s possible they’d be able to cast the spirit back into the afterlife. If they didn’t... there was no telling what might happen.

[A: Strike Beru down.
B: There must be another way.]

Litmus likes this post

Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:54 pm

[Aren - There has to be another way

Aren screamed, and a big grin filled his face. “OH MY GOD” He shouted in excitement, ignoring the fact that Beru was being possessed. “You’re an actual Revenant...Wow!”

He said, as he violently shook, as he started to panic, realising exactly what he just said; and how it could be considered as disrespectful. “I apologise for my selection of words, and phrasing a moment ago, if you would forgive me mighty elder.”

“I know you probably want to possess us, and all with our strong masculine bodies; but I really like to ask some questions, if you’d allow this lowly one to do such a thing?” Said the young, naive, and stupid man. He gazed at Beru, looking her up and down for any discrepancies or differences, from the Beru they knew prior.

“Oh mighty revenant, may I ask what your name is, and how you managed to survive so long in the form of a spirit?” He asked curiously, as he wondered what exactly she had done to persist so long. He hoped that by talking to her, he could find another way to save Beru. Even if it meant giving up his own body, as Beru was innocent; unlike Aren.

“Almighty Elder, I have a more suitable candidate to house your body if you’d like; they’re female and rather powerful, more powerful than I or the one that you have possessed so far?”

Aren, summoned Wing, and it screeched in response. “It has many talents, and a lot of strength that you could use; at least for now...Wouldn’t it guarantee your chance at survival more so, than a weak human shell?”
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:33 am

Gad - There has to another way

Gad looked at Beru, and he looked down. It looked like he was not able to convince her to rethink about what she was about to do. Gad just hope that Beru's sister was willing to come back and perhaps be happy about the outcome.

As Beru used her item to call upon her sister, Edna, Gad could not shake off the feelings of thing were not going to the way how Beru imagined.

In fact, instead of bringing back Edna to Beru's side, it brought Revenant that soon possessed Beru's body without difficulties. "NO!" Shouted Gad with horror.

The Revenant looked at them with its malice and ill-intentions, even with that it did not hinder Aren asking questions to that thing.

Gad had to think fast, there got to be some way to separate Revenent from Beru. "If you are here, you got to save your sister, Edna." Gad whispered, hoping Beru's item did not fail it completely. Or someone has to go and Erice, who probably had better expertise than them in this area. How far would she be? That was the troubling thought.

"Aren," Gad whispered to Aren, "if all things go south, I want you to take your flying demon and look for Erice and get her help. I will try to buy us the time." Hoping that Aren was not fully giving into his curiosity and actually was thinking about how to save Beru.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:48 am

Erice scuffed her shoes along the path as she made her way down the mountain slope, Kuda floating about her shoulders.

“You’re distracted,” he murmured eventually.

“Oh.” She straightened up. “It’s just...”

Kuda settled onto her shoulders, his warmth and weight comforting. “Yes.”

She sighed. He understood her, knew that it weighed on her when she met people she couldn’t save. Or worse, didn’t want to be saved. She turned back toward the mountain top, then froze.

The sky had grown dark up above. She could feel her skin crawl as something malevolent moved through the air.

“Something’s wrong,” she told Kuda. “We should get back there.”

Taking off at a run, she hurried back toward the place she’d left the old woman and the Vanguards, hoping she wouldn’t be too late.

————————————

The Revenant stretched Beru’s mouth wide at Aren’s sudden excitement and subservience.

“Perhaps you would wish to serve me then, boy?” she cackled. “I could teach you many things.”

His questions amused her, and she hovered slightly around them, smiling.

“My name... yes, I did have one long ago. Lenora, that was what they called me. I desired to live on past the restraints of my mortal shell. One lifetime is not enough to pursue all that there is. One body is not strong enough to do all that one can do. I determined to live on, made it my life’s calling, ingrained it into my soul. Humans... humans are much stronger than demons, my boy. Their bodies may be more frail, but there is power in the human spirit that demons cannot match. I knew of the Afterlife Bells. I hunted one down and brought it into my family, ensured that it would be passed down along our line. I knew that someday, one of them would use it, and I would wait for that day... however long it took.”

She hummed happily to herself. When Aren presented his demon as an offering to her, however, her expression grew sharp and angry.

“Fool, you think you can tempt me into a demon’s form, into a lesser creature controlled by you? How dare you!”

She rose up higher into the air, her face contorting with malicious anger.

Spoiler:

“I will make you pay for your insolence. Your souls will be shredded into the winds, and I’ll take your empty husks for myself!”

Her bony hands curled into claws, and she flew toward them with a hideous cackle. Right as she reached them, someone pushed past the two Vanguards and leaped into the old woman, arm outstretched.

“Release!”

Erice’s palm glowed with holy light as it struck the old woman in the chest, forcing the Revenant out of her body and hurtling back through the air. Beru dropped to the ground like a stone, unmoving, as the Revenant regained itself and shrieked with rage.

“You dare to lay hands on me!” she screamed.

Erice pointed her spear at the Revenant. “You won’t touch her or anyone else. You’re going back in the ground where you belong.”

The Revenant vibrated with power and anger, and the graves began to shake. Phantoms began to shoot forth from the ground and encircle the Vanguards like a storm of angry hornets.

“You’re not worthy of my spirit,” the Revenant shouted. “I will leave your rot for the carrion’s feast. Now, die!”

Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Latest?cb=20191220121152

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:00 am

Gad - Fighting off Revenant and Phantoms

Gad quickly slashed off phantoms with his scythe, dealing enchanted damage of icy wind. He quickly rushed to the side of Beru, hoping she was still alive and well.

"You... You dare used others' affection and love for your own gain!?" Anger ran through his veins, his emotions were running wild. He had it enough with this twisted thoughts that Revenant had. "She really wanted to see her sister, even if it was a short moment... You are not going anywhere, you are going down where you belong!" Gad rushed towards the phantoms slicing them with chilling wind, and quickly cast his Force Bullets at the Revenant, the mata magic quickly sped up towards it.
Back to top Go down
Litmus
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Litmus

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Aren - Fighting off the Revenant

Aren sighed, and shook his head. “You’re truly pathetic, you know that?” He said as he looked at the revenant, disappointed in the outcome. “Just like the living, obsessed with power, willing to use anyone to gain anything...Utter scum” He said with the last bit as his voice oozed with disgust.

“You know, there is the whole image about undead being uncaring, and calm...You’re really a let down for the stereotype.” He said gazing at the Revenant, and he turned his head to Gad. “Yeah, let’s get rid of her shall we?”

Aren proceeded to turn to Erice, “We’ll be relying on you, my dear; if you wouldn’t mind?”

“Sigmund, lend me a hand.” He said, as he summoned his reliable servant. “Corrosive blade.” He muttered, as he enhanced Sigmund’s Greatsword with magical properties.
Aren removed his scythe, wielding it for battle; excited to slay his first undead.

He nodded at Sigmund, giving him the go ahead. Sigmund, charged in head first, without regard for his safety, swinging wildly at the revenant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells   Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Standard Mission: The Sisters' Bells
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next