Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva

Go down 
+4
Payne
Shadow-Heart
jorgiguel
Spiriter
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:27 pm

Zephyr Arc

The maiden swooped low and slipped under him, then threw a charm at him. While he'd ended up missing his blast, Zephyr grinned as the spell hit him and was immediately halved. He released the half he absorbed the same moment to even the playing field. As the Pixie holding for dear life on his shoulder cast Mercy Wind to clear the charm, Zephyr turned his spear down towards the Maiden, whom would doubtlessly show a split second opening from having her spell reflected and cast Shift, sending it shooting forth like a javelin through its chest.

Zephyr landed back near the other two as Vayu threw a fit over Catequil and Samael started preaching to the maiden's for whatever reason. He called back to them. "Looks like I can deal with them somehow at least. We should probably act together though, they're pretty tough and it looks like that woman can remove summons." With that, he hopped after Vayu to make sure he didn't get himself swarmed in that little rampage of his. Wasn't he supposed to be the berserker here?

Last edited by Spiriter on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Samael

"Goki!" Samael called out in shock as the tiny oni was tossed around like a light ball. He looked terrified, as he he squirmed in the air shaking his arms in an attempt to free himself but couldn't overpower the stronger demons. Charlotte's words were nothing more than wind in the air, as his senses were all fixated on Goki .

Samael quickly ran towards the wicked maiden and lunged in the air with all his might. He lowered his hands so that they were below him, as he began to channel some maga below him that glowed an eerie blue light.

"Spectral Steed and fleet foot!" Samael yelled, as the horse fully materialized below him.

The steed lunged itself towards the Wicked Maiden that was about to catch Goki. The spectral steed rammed into it the maiden, as Samael threw his sword at the creature's head before Goki slammed into Samael's chest. Samael quickly but firmly cradled the oni in his arms, as he steered his steed to land on the ground.

"Hold on..." Samael muttered, as the horse landed and skidded across the ground. Samael checked Goki for any wounds before muttering in an irritated tone, "I told you to stay alert, you should be able to outpace them with your hit and run tactics."

"Sorry....." Goki muttered in embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm

- The Frontal Assault -

Everything was playing out the way it always did. Even knowing they couldn’t hope to match Sister Charlotte and her minions on strength alone, the others all ran off half-cocked within moments, leaving Bastion alone.

Bastion gritted his teeth. They hadn’t made any progress at all, had they? Well... he was done being a team player, too. He’d just have to think of something himself.

He was demonless and weaponless, however, and any spells he could use against the so-called nun would surely just be rebounded. What could he do then?

Well, he still had his mind. Against this opponent, that might be more valuable. His eyes drifted across the battlefield, toward the shattered remnants of his spear. Maybe...

—————————————————————————

The Wicked Maidens scattered apart as Samael dashed into their midst, scooping up Goki and delivering him safely to the ground. Distracted with avoiding the charging steed and Samael’s thrown sword, they didn’t notice the Confusion Wave spell until it was too late.

Disoriented, one of the Wicked Maidens could only stare blankly as Vayu slashed through her companion’s wings, then grabbed onto her and dragged her down. His ninjato raised above her she squirmed as he bared his teeth in a vicious threat.

“No, no, please! Spare me!” she wailed, sounding like an innocent young girl.

For a moment.

Then Sister Charlotte’s healing spell flooded through her, and she opened up her eyes in a sneer. “Ha!” She blasted Vayu point blank with her Depravity spell, throwing him back.

“My, aren’t you all worked up,” Sister Charlotte mused as Vayu got up with a snarl, and Samael made to charge with his spectral steed. “Bliss of Ignorance!”

She threw out her hands, and the spectral steed suddenly vanished, dropping Samael and Goki to the ground. The Vanguards could immediately tell something was blocked with their magic.

"It would be so much easier if you would just join me,” the false nun mused as the Wicked Maidens began to circle them. “I could use your strength... make it even greater, you know. Why struggle and fight for people who don’t even care if you live or die? Tucked away in their safe little cities and villages, they go about their lives in determined ignorance of what that costs for all of you.”

She stepped closer, bringing her mirror up to rest before her. “And it’s all for naught. You must know that already. Don’t settle for feeble lies when the truth will make you so much stronger.”

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Zephyr Arc

Zephyr reached Vayu just ask Charlotte's healing spell hit the Maiden under him. Unmoved by her innocent little girl routine, he plunged his spear into her face before she could make use of her restored vitality before pulling Vayu up to his feet.

Then the fake nun cast her little silence spell. These enemies were really getting annoying. It seemed as if they had a spell for preventing everything. The only thing left was buffs and he had a sneaking suspicion that wouldn't be the case for long. "...Yea, we better regroup." He said, placing a hand on Vayu's shoulder and calling to Samael. "Ok, now where's Bastion gotten to?"

Last edited by Spiriter on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Frontal Assault
- Vayu -

He had already decided he wasn’t going to spare her, even as she wailed. He wasn’t falling for that. Vayu stabbed down into her heart just as the Wicked Maiden was healed and unleashed her Depravity spell at him.

In the last second Zephyr pulled him out of the way. Vayu exhaled hard. Just then Sister Charlotte unleashed something else at them, blocking their spells. Vayu ground his teeth audibly. Could this get any worse?

He got to his feet and nodded towards Zephyr. “Yes, let’s regroup.”
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Nihility Xitlalli
016-Sweet
~~
~~~~
~~~~~~~
Nihility|Shoggoth|Tyrian|Minke
~~~~~~~
~~~~
~~

Nihility looked back towards the chapel. Things didn't seem to be going all too well for the team inside. If Cleo was leaving them, and join in the Horde extermination, then probably they would be okay. Unfortunately Amira crashed right into him no sooner as he entered the battle field. The shattering of Ice made the Vanguard turn her attention towards the giant dog tearing away at the frozen Ooze. Nihility smiled as she thought that the ice elemental wild beast was a nice asset to their ranks. But just then, one of the Naga slipped past one of Shoggoth's mouth and was able to fling his ice-y javelin, but thankfully Shoggoth got him in her clutches before he could fire off another attack.

Instantly trailing the spear's direction, Nihility noticed that it was headed to strike into Scarlet's blind spot. The young vanguard was at the moment too preoccupied in getting her bow ready to use against the Ghouls heading towards Amira and Cleo.

There was no time to even warn her of the impeding peril. Without even wasting a split-second, Nihility who was closer to the other female vanguard, dashed to intercept the Naga's weapon. Nihility knew from the previous battles that at her current spell level, she won't be able to absorb the Ice imbued magic javelin but there was something else she could do. Sacrifice, one of her stocked shield.

At this point, it was simply a case of formalities. "Scarlet, watch out!!" Nihility screamed as she leapt into the air and blocked the Naga's weapon with her body.

The thick and pointy javelin's speed was drastically reduced as Nihility grabbed on to hold it back inside her chest. The vanguard's limp body fell onto the ground, turning into a pile of Purple Goo that kept the cold spear stuck in the slime.

Nihility jumped out from the portal that appeared out of thin air and shot her weapon towards the back of a different Naga that was getting ready to throw his own Ice-spear towards an unsuspecting Scarlet.

"Oh no you don't!!"

Following up with a wild war cry, the female fighter yanked at her sword. The sharp blade which was harpooned into the creatures back was firmly lodged into the muscle and so the pull only tightened the chains of the Whip-Sword. Nihility was able to pull the Naga back a few feet and also dive onto it's back from mid-air. Switching the sword back into the chain mode, she kicked off and jumped to land her feet into the serpent's chest and once again pulled on her weapon with all her strength. The sharp edged blades eviscerated the creature's behind as it shreds from the back, following through to the front shoulder, like a chain-saw.

Green Blood splattered all over Nihility's face and the dress she was in. Not thinking much about the stained clothes, the lady fighter simply wiped her face with the back of her sleeve and simply moved on to slash away at the Naga's limp wrist. Picking up the free spear, she used the demon's own weapon to impale through its reptilian chest.

"Let us see how you like being speared."

Stomping on it's lower body, the demonic-girl pulled out the long weapon, but then jammed it back again into the creature... a couple of more times, till she could see the ground through the punctures.

"You mess with my teammates, you get the pointy end of the rod, back up in you!!!"

A headless body of a Lamia, crashed in front of the laughing Vanguard. "Nihility!! Focus on the battle. There still are plenty more on the table."

Shoggoth's voice brought Nihility back into the battle. Nihility spat at the dead Naga on the ground, turned to towards the ghouls converging at the male and female vanguard, and threw the spear at the mass, aiming to strike a blow at the horde from the back. She then looked around at the large wild dog who was still going on town at the Black Ooze with its icy attacks. The mass of Ooze had decreased to non-threatening numbers. The elemental attacks were quite affective against them. Shoggoth's Gluttony had also managed to lessen the swarm of the Snake-beasts. The Horde of Ghouls was now the more pressing matter.

Nihility ferociously made her way through the remaining few Snake-demons, slashing away at their limbs and necks, disarming of their weapons, their will to fight and life itself, as she saw fit.

With the demons trying to flee the open buffet, Shoggoth used her malleable Orb to fire off sharp rods in spades as projectiles for impaling those that thought they would be safe by getting away from her many feeding mouths.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 am

Scarlet

Nihility's shouted warning caught Scarlet's attention, causing her to turn towards the Vanguard in time to see her intercept the attack meant for Scarlet, and then as she dissolved into goo.

"Thanks!" she gasped, reaching for another arrow, then frowned as she counted only a handful left. She had to be careful with her shots.

"Warg! I need you here!" she shouted, an idea forming in her head. The demon responded with a roar, kicked away the Naga it was fighting with and bounding over to Scarlet's side. She vaulted onto its back, and at an unspoken word, Warg sprinted along the front line. Scarlet nocked an arrow, drawing it back and picking a target ahead of her.

"Arcane Tether," she cried, loosing the arrow at her target, tightening her grip on Warg as they ran past, intending to drag the demon behind them, and hopefully into other demons to disrupt them.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:40 pm

- Samael -

Samael let out a horrid grunt as his body slammed into the ground, as Goki nibly landed on his feet slightly skidding on the ground from the horse of the steed and quickly caught Samael's arm.

"Protocol: Emergency Dismount." Goki muttered, as he put all his strength into his arms and pulled at Samael's with all his might. Samael Slowly rose back onto his feet, his legs shaking and cut from the shock of losing the spell suddenly.

This was problematic though, Bastion wasn't here either. He was always the one that came up with plans, but Vayu was right they needed to regroup. For now, he needed to do his best for distracting Sister Charlotte until Bastion showed up.

"I care about them, and so do others! Just sounds to me you want us to move from one pair of shackles to another." Samael yelled with a furious scowl on his face, as Goki began whispering behinds Samael's back to the other vanguards.

"Vayu, is your scary demon back yet?" Goki whispered to Vayu, while crouched under Samael's legs like some prey trying to avoid being seen.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Sister Charlotte laughed at Samael's remark.

"I suppose one who's lived in shackles all their life can never quite comprehend freedom," she mused. "Then the only fate left for you is to di-"

“Mother, right?”

Ringing silence filled the shattered remnants of the shrine as Sister Charlotte turned to face Bastion, who stood several feet away from her.

“Oh, what’s this?” she purred, eyeing him. He had no way to use magic with her spell in effect and no weapon, though he kept his hands clutched tightly into fists. Nor did he make any attempt to fight off the Wicked Maidens who circled threateningly toward him as he slowly approached her.

“I’m ready,” he said. “Show me my reflection.”

Her eyebrows went up. “Well, this is a surprise. I thought you of all, so rigid and orderly, would resist until the end.”

“Then I suppose you weren’t reading me properly,” he replied, continuing to approach her when she made no move to stop him. “I’m a man of logic and rationality, and what you say makes too much sense to ignore. And resisting you is clearly fruitless. I’m against wasting energy on endeavors I can’t succeed in. Humanity will succumb. It’s inevitable. And I want to be on the leading end of this change.”

Sister Charlotte hummed to herself, placing a delicate finger on her chin as she regarded him. “Yes... you do fancy yourself a leader, don’t you?”

Bastion’s eyes flickered to the ground between Sister Charlotte and himself, and he stopped precisely in place. “Well? Will you show me the truth?”

Sister Charlotte giggled, then burst out into full, delighted laughter. After several seconds, it subsided, though a smile remained on her lips. “Very well, young man. Let’s see what truth the mirror shows you.”

With a flick of her hand, the mirror rotated around toward him. Bastion waited, staring with determination into her face, until the mirror was almost right before him.

“Now!” he shouted over the false nun’s shoulder.

Sister Charlotte’s eyes widened, and she whirled around to face an attack from the other three, bringing her mirror around to defend herself. “A trap?” she gasped.

But there was nothing there.

Yes, Bastion thought, leaping toward her. But not from that way.

The distance was perfect, exactly what he calculated his jump distance to be, factoring in his reflexes and hers. Sensing his movement, she turned back just in time to present him her undefended bosom. The broken tip of his spear slipped from his palm, and he thrust the spearhead with all his might.

Right into her heart.

Eyes wide with shock, Sister Charlotte opened her mouth in a silent scream, then crumpled to her knees before him. Bastion panted, staring down at her as she clutched at the fragment of wooden handle sticking from her chest.

Then, she laughed.

“I’m impressed.” Sister Charlotte suddenly drove her hand into her chest and tore loose the spearhead, examining it in her bloodless hand. “It’s a shame, though. I could have given you strength to match that mind.”

Bastion leaped back as Sister Charlotte got to her feet, the hole in her heart - or where her heart should have been - mending itself in an instant.

“You’re...” he murmured.

She laughed and let her hands rise slowly from her side. “I suppose there’s no point in disguising it now. Behold.”

Something was moving beneath her nun’s habit. A moment later, the fabric was pushed aside, and horns sprung from beneath it. Her robes began to dissolve likes ashes, and she stepped out from them in a stunning white and pink robe that accentuated her beautifully curved body.

Spoiler:

“And now...”

With a flick of her hand, black portals appeared around Bastion, which shot out black trendils. Ensnared and bound in his legs and arms, he was hoisted into the air, where he struggled and writhed against his bonds.

The nun... no, the demon who’d shed that facade approached him and smiled up at him as she held out the spearhead in her palm.

“Since this belongs to you,” she said. “I should return it back.”

Bastion’s eyes widened, stomach clenching as ice filled his veins. He heard it in her words, saw it in her eyes. She was going to-

The demon flicked her hand. The spearhead shot forward, too fast to see. But not to fast to feel.

Bastion lurched forward, a scream jammed behind the blood in his throat, as the spearhead skewered his heart. He had a moment - one moment as the image of his yelling comrades and the smirking demon melded with images of his Chaldea, of his childhood, of his father - before everything went black.

The black tendrils holding Bastion dissolved, and he fell to the ground with a dull thud. His head lolled aside, his eyes blank and vacant.

Dead.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:54 am

Frontal Assault
- Vayu -

The Wicked Maiden dissipated under their hands and Vayu and Zephyr returned to Samael. Bastion wasn’t there either. Gazing around, he couldn’t find him anywhere.

Vayu shook his head in response to Goki, hoping the gauntlet seal wouldn’t last much longer. Catequil was already beyond pissed.

Then Bastion’s words caught their attention. He was at he far side of the shrine.

“Bastion, what are you doing?” Vayu whispered more to himself than to anyone else. He couldn’t be serious about wanting to look in the mirror. Was he really trying to take Sister Charlotte down by himself?

Vayu was watching. The attack. The transformation of Sister Charlotte. And the unfortunate counterattack. It took his mind several seconds to realize what just happened.

His eyes locked on the demon’s new appearance while his feet carried him over to Bastion. His jaw was clenched, and he wasn’t allowing any emotion to escape his mind. Survival. They needed to survive. His fingers felt Bastion’s neck, but there was no pulse.

“So what is it you want?” he asked the demon, slowly moving back towards Samael and Zephyr. “You captured the villagers. You turned them into demons. You used us to conveniently dispose of the mist, the Guardian Mahat, for you that kept you trapped here…” he paused.

“Was this your grand plan? A standoff with a couple of Vanguards?” Vayu shook his head. “I don’t think so. You probably have the next village in your sights already and you can only pull of your Sister Charlotte ruse if they don’t know what’s coming.”

He clenched his fists. “So… if we can’t kill you, we can at least make sure everyone knows about you and then all hell will descend on you as Chaldea will send out their best Vanguards to come after you!”

Vayu pointed at the demon, the screen on his Vanguard gauntlet brightly lit as the communications channel was widely open. They wouldn't go down without a fight. But if they couldn't do it, Chaldea needed to be warned.

In a flash of lightning and thunder, Catequil reappeared. Clearly her spell to stop him from summoning had worn off.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Samael

Samael watched Bastion's dead corpse lying on the floor dead.  His emotions, his pulse, his breathing... It all seemed to go silent for what seemed like forever.  His eyes slowly shifting up to sister Charlotte, as he took of heavy single breath.

Samael instinctively clutched his chest, as a gnawing feeling began to grow inside of it.  It felt like the fires of hell were growing in his chest, and as it grew so did his fury from this whole god forsaken situation.

"You're an idiot, Bastion!  Why did you go and die like that!?  At least wait for us before you do something so stupid!" Samael uttered in frustration, as he glared at the women his rage now shifting over to her.

Fine Bastion, we'll do a plan right this time....

"Zeyphr, Cherry can remove aliments right?"  Samael whispered to Zeyphr slowly slipping out of view of sister Charlotte by hiding behind the giant lightning demon, as he continued to say "next time sister Charlotte casts that anti-maga spell summon Cherry and then purge it then berserk into her with our support that should catch her off-guard."

"Goki protect Vayu, we can't have his demon getting removed from battle again."  Samael demanded as Goki and Samael scrambled around the two in an attempt to protect them from all sides.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:58 am

- Cleo -

Cleo groaned as a body suddenly crashed into him, driving him to the ground. He blinked once, taking a moment to determine what exactly had happened. Whoever had landed on top of him was... Soft. He looked down to find Amira in his arms and grinned.

"Sweet Amira, if you wanted to throw yourself at me, this is hardly the time. I know that I've got a magnetic personality, but we really should focus on the task at hand."

Twisting his torso, he rolled the two of them over so that he was on top. Still grinning, Cleo rose to his feet, pulling Amira up as well a moment later.

It wasn't difficult to make out the ghouls closing in around them, but they were turned aside by ribbons of flame as Nekomata lashed out with her flame flick.

"Stop flirting and start chopping." She growled, turning her attention back to the horde.

Frowning now, Cleo drew his katana. "They were human once. I don't want to just cut them down." A ghoul swept its claws towards Nekomata, who nimbly dodged out of the way.

"The feeling isn't mutual." She grumbled. "I'm fairly certain there's no way to change them back, and they're not exactly cooperative right now."

Cleo sighed, but she had a point. They couldn't afford to pull punches here. He'd already taken the lives of several would-be villagers today. A few more wouldn't make that much difference, in the grand scheme of things.

"I guess, at this point, it's more like putting them out of their misery..." A ghoul lunged at him, and Cleo sidestepped, running it through with his blade.

"That's the spirit." Nekomata responded, flicking her claws through the throat of another nearby ghoul. It's head rolled along the ground, eyes still darting back and forth. Gross...
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Zephyr Arc

Zephyr turned and beheld the single dumbest move he'd seen from anyone in this group so far. It just so happened the self-proclaimed most intelligent of them all was the one perpetrating it. Indeed, Bastion confronted Charlotte alone, and was predictably done in quickly and soundly.

Zephyr facepalmed. Vayu quickly decided sending a message out was the most pressing, a sound decision, while Samael attempted to form some sort of make-shift plan. He sighed. "It's not an ailment, it's a silence spell. No one, not even Cherry can cast anything while it's up. Calm down, or we'll all be next." He spoke to Samael with a grim expression.

"For now, keep your buffs active and huddle up, don't we'll need to stick together to stand any kind of chance..." He added. With the silence still active, they didn't have many options at the moment. "When that blasted silence goes off, I vote we retreat as fast as possible. I'd like to pick up Bastion's corpse on the way if possible too... but prioritise staying alive."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:20 am

Spoiler:

Bastion felt weightless, drifting through something neither water nor air. He opened his eyes with a great effort and gasped in surprise.

Light. Light all about. He seemed to be drifting slowly through it, rising higher and higher. Around him floated luminous beings, so bright it should have hurt to look at them, but his eyes seemed to draw to the light like water to a dying man. Their wings moved in elegant sweeps as they circled about, a wordless song on their lips.

Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Heaven

Angels. They were really angels.

He looked above, following the path of spiraling angels to a destination even brighter and more terrifyingly beautiful, and realized the truth.

He was dead. And now his spirit was moving on. To Heaven? Yes, it must be. There’s nothing else this beauty could be.

But as he floated ever higher, he suddenly stopped. The angels continued to circle about, but their bodies turned away from him, wings covering their faces, as something descended from above. Bastion stared in awe as the being slowly came to rest above him, its body strangely translucent like a mirage.

Spoiler:

“Who...?” Bastion tried to ask, but he found forming words difficult.

“You may call me Asra,” the angel said, his voice cool and silvery. “I have been watching you, Bastion.”

Bastion glanced above Asra to the light beyond. “Are you taking me...?”

Asra shook his head. “This is not your time. Your purpose has not yet been fulfilled. A great evil has arisen to consume your world, and you must be there to stop it.”

Evil? Bastion winced as the terrible memories came flooding back. The demons. Sister Charlotte, or whoever she was. The spearhead piercing his heart.

“We can’t stop her,” Bastion told the angel. “We’re not strong enough. Can you?”

Asra regarded him. “I cannot. Not yet. But as a shadow passes beneath a locked gate, I can project some of my power into your world for a fleeting time... if you will let me.”

Let? “You mean... through me?”

Asra nodded. “It will be brief, but enough to stay the Fiend’s hand and save your friends.”

Bastion regarded the angel a moment, then reached out his hand. Asra nodded and reached down toward him, but he passed Bastion's hand and instead placed his palm over Bastion's heart.

"Let this be our contract," he said as heat and light began to surge through Bastion like a tidal wave, blotting his vision with white. "And let my spirit be with you... always."

--------------------------------------------------

Despite the Vanguards' best efforts, the demons kept swarming from up out of the village. Exhaustion was starting to set in, and their movements began more sluggish and weak. The situation was starting to feel hopeless.

Then they saw it. In a flash of light, a battalion of winged figures swooped down from above, sending shockwaves of light from their wings that drove the demons back. With their wings outstretched, they formed a wall between the demons and Vanguards.

Spoiler:

"Be at ease," another winged figure said, descending and facing them. "We shall hold these creatures at bay. Go and bear witness to your salvation."

Spoiler:

He pointed back up to the shrine, and Scarlett, Amira, Cleo, and Nihility reluctantly moved back into the shrine as the angels pressed their wall of defense backward. They only had a moment to register Vayu, Samael, Zephyr... and Bastion's corpse. Then it happened.

--------------------------------------------------

Sister Charlotte regarded Vayu, tapping her cheek with a long, slender finger.

"You've only yourselves to blame," she sighed, then glanced at Bastion's corpse. "Or rather... him, I suppose. I was prepared to slink off, with all of you none the wiser. But he had to reveal the truth, and well, it's just like you said. I can't have that just yet."

She smirked as Vayu clenched his fists in impotent rage. But when he threatened to reveal the truth to the rest of the Vanguards, her eyebrows went up.

"Is that so?" she mused, her words soft.

The three Vanguards huddled together, trying to plan something, despite knowing how hopelessly outmatched they were. When Zephyr spoke last, a delighted titter slipped past her lips.

"Retreat?" Sister Charlotte mused, walking slowly toward them. "My, the optimism of humans is boundless. Or is it simply arrogance? Do you really think I'll let you go now?"

With a wave of her hand, portals appeared in the air around the three Vanguards, and tendrils of black energy shot out to bind them as they had with Bastion. The three were hoisted into the air, struggling in vain.

"I've grown tired of this escapade," she declared. "It's time to end this. At least take comfort in the fact that you'll be rejoined with your friend soon."

She raised a hand, then stopped.

Spoiler:

Something was happening to Bastion's body. Light began to spill from it, as though illuminated from the inside by a thousand candles. His body levitated into the air, the light pulsating and growing brighter, until a blinding flash made everything go white.

Then tendrils binding them vanished, and the Vanguards fell to the ground, freed. When they could finally open their eyes, they saw Bastion standing before them, his hair and clothes dyed purest white.

Spoiler:

He fixed his eyes, glowing bright as two comets, on Sister Charlotte, who took a step back in surprise. She regained her composure after a moment, however, and smiled.

"Well... isn't this an unexpected surprise. I never expected them to dust you off after all these millennia."

"Be silent, Fiend," Bastion said, his voice magnified and strengthened as though another voice spoke in time with his own. "Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. You've done enough damage here. Now, depart back to the depths from whence you came."

All traces of amusement vanished from Sister Charlotte's face. "By what authority do you compel me?" she demanded. "I don't know how you've managed to present yourself here, but I know you can't do anything in your state. Perhaps it's you who should leave... before I tear that boy apart so thoroughly even you can't stitch him together again."

Bastion narrowed his eyes a fraction, his face a mask of perfect composure. "You may try."

Sister Charlotte, baring her teeth, clapped her hands together. All the Wicked Maidens took flight and flew at Bastion in unison, holding out their hands to cast their Depravity spells and blast Bastion to oblivion.

But Bastion merely straightened up, light flooding even more strongly from his body. As it did so, his shadow seemed to grow darker, larger, more solid and real. It split in two, forming what were undeniably wings.

As his eyes locked on Sister Charlotte, the wing-shaped shadows behind him surged forward along the ground and came together like hands crushing an insect between them. As it passed across the shadows of the Wicked Maidens, they dropped like puppets with their strings cut. It was so sudden and so abrupt that everyone flinched as the Maidens collapsed to the ground as lifeless husks before vanishing into shadow.

But Bastion paid them no mind. As the wing-like shadows came together, the tip passed just where Sister Charlotte stood. With a gasp of surprise, she stepped back, bringing her mirror down before her like a shield. As the shadows joined together just beneath it, it shattered in a burst of glass, the fragments scattering apart. Most of them landed in the midst of the shadow and dissolved into darkness. Only one fragment skittered across the ground and lay discarded.

With a flick of his wrist, a spear manifested in Bastion's hand, as though woven from light itself. He pointed it at Sister Charlotte, tilting his chin slightly. "What say you now, Mother of Harlots?" he demanded.

Sister Charlotte stared into him with cold, furious eyes. After a moment, however, she forced a terrible smile onto her face.

"Very well. Keep them, if they're so precious to you," she said softly. "I've already done all I came here to do."

Darkness began to pool at her feet. Shadowy hands rose up, grasping her body with almost reverent care, before pulling her down into the dark depths. As she began to sink out of sight, her eyes swept over the group.

"Rest assured, we will meet again. When the day comes that my Cup runneth over with the abominations and filth of mankind... there will be nowhere you can hide. And no one to hide you."

Her eyes bore into them for one long moment before she vanished from sight.

Bastion's gaze remained fixed on the place where she'd disappeared for several long moments before he turned to face the remaining Vanguard.

"My time is up," he said. "But fear not. We will meet again. The war has only just begun."

A figure, glistening and insubstantial like a hazy mirage, seemed to pull away from Bastion. They had only a moment to make out the faint outline of his angelic figure before he began to vanish.

Spoiler:

"I leave the rest in your hands, Bastion."

The power and resonance in Bastion's words began to fade out as well, and the glowing wells of light behind his eyes twinkled and vanished. The white in his hair began to slowly disappear as streaks of his natural color began to bleed in with every moment. Only the pure white of his clothes remained behind after several moments of silence had passed. Before anyone could spear, they were interrupted by a voice.

"The darkness has been turned back once more... for now," said the winged figure who had led the angelic troop. "But the day will come when they return. You will need our aid when it comes."

He stood before Bastion, inclining his head as he rested the tip of his sword on the ground.

"I am Archangel. I will be your sword and your shield against the forces of hell itself," he proclaimed.

Bastion nodded and held up his gauntlet. There was a flash, and the contract was made. The archangel turned to the other Vanguards and gestured to the troop of angels."

"Should you wish it, they will serve you as well," he said, and the winged women glided forward. "That is... unless you'd rather take those demons instead."

When Sister Charlotte had disappeared, the remaining demons seemed to have scattered, her hold on them broken. But a few seemed to linger, looking lost and confused.

[A: Recruit one of the angels.
B: Recruit one of the demons from the town (choose any).
C: Decline any new recruits.

When the others had made their contracts, the archangel vanished into Bastion's gauntlet, and silence fell on the group.

"We should get back to Chaldea," Bastion spoke at last, his voice quiet and distant, as he looked away from the others. "There's a lot they need to know. That all of you need to know."

Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:42 am

Amira

As Amira battled the demons to no end, she never once saw Haita or felt him helping her. It was as if Haita had abandon Amira in this fight.

Thankfully, she didn't need to wait for Haita as instead, a new force arrived to aid them. Angels? Angels, definitely angels moved in unison to push back the demons and help them get to a safe place.

Now finally out of combat Amira could focus on what has been disturbing her so much during this wholçe debacle. Haita.
She focused inside her, trying to find him, but only barely felt the lingering sensation of his presence. The only sense of comfort she could fell was from the murmurs and whispers that still invaded her mind.

Haita? It was as if he was hiding, making sure that his entire presence was impossible to recognize or sense. Amira couldn't understand what was going on, even if the enemies and allies in front of them were of a different caliber, not once did Haita hide from anyone.

Even as the possessed Bastion battled the nun, Amira's attention couldn't be anywhere but in Haita, who remained silent and presenceless.

It was only after the fight was over and the nun had escaped that Haita finally chose to come out of hiding.

.B - Recruit one of the demons from the town

Amira was going to pick an Angel, definately, but then she remembered she would be using them as materials for Haita. No matter how much she wants to increase Haita's power, she can't repay the angel's help with sacrifice. So instead she headed to one of the demons that were still disorientated. A Lamia who seemed to be lost.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:09 pm

[B: Recruit one of the demons from the town - Naga]
- Vayu -

One moment Vayu was struggeling against the dark tendrils and the next he found himself on the ground. Behind him, Catequil growled in surprise. Something was happening to Bastion's body.

Vayu stared at him, not really believing what he saw. Yet it was too real to dismiss.

When Sister Charlotte had disappeared and the radiant light from Bastion had faded, Vayu took a tentative step towards him.

He pinched Bastion's arm, not very gently.

"What just happened." he asked, skepticism dripping from his voice. "You were dead just a minute ago." He kept the pain and the sadness from his voice. Instead he sounded almost angry, despite the fact that Bastion had just saved them all, well with the help of his new friend.

"He's got an interesting new companion," Catequil commented. The demon seemed unfazed by the fact that Bastion had just returned from the dead.

"So are you going to chose another demon?" Catequil asked him. Vayu turned around and regarded the scene before him.

"I am," he answered vaguely, wondering what would be the best fit.

Finally he stepped up to the demons that were now released from Sister Charlotte's spell.

"Your old life may be over, but if you contract with me, I can give your life new purpose," he said vaguely to the nearest Naga.

There was a moment of hesitation before the Naga nodded and with a flash of light, Vayu sealed the new contract.

"No angel?" Catequil teased.

"I think after the last two encounters I've had enough from them Now leave me alone." And with those words, Catequil disappeared back into the gauntlet. Vayu turned around and followed Bastion back to the horses, not really in the mood to talk to anyone else.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Samael [B: Recruit one of the demons from the town - Black Ooze]

"What silences are..." Samael impatiently responded to Zephyr his voice growing more restless the more time passed. Samael's eyes darted between Charlotte and back to the group, expecting her to lunge at them any second.

"Samael! She's attacking!" Goki called out as he waved his club like a crazed madman at the tendrils.
The unstoppable darkness erupted towards Goki, as he torso and head began to move forward but his legs were still like they were frozen over. The tendrils grew closer to the demon, as he let out a startled yelp and vanished back in Samael's gauntlet.

"Goki! What..." Samael uttered in shock, as the black tendrils suddenly shifted directions and grappled onto the unsuspecting vanguard. He let out a irritated and startled yell, as he futility struggled against the tendrils trying to rip his way from their grasp.

But, Before he knew what happened though, he was blinded by a white light and found himself standing back on the ground looking at Bastion who was standing there with a strong and stern expression, as what appeared to be an angel faded from view.

Samael didn't know what to make of the situation, but there's one emotion that rose above the rest. A bubbling and furious feeling, something that irritated him beyond belief. He wanted to smack, punch, and yell at Bastion. How did he manage, HOW?

"Wha? Did you know this was going to happen?!" Samael yelled at Bastion, his body shaking with fury. Samael began walking up to Bastion, his hands balled into a until he was stopped when a incredibly foul smell penetrated his nostrils as he turned around to see a giant ooze staring at him.

Samael quickly went to draw his non-existent sword as he glanced down at his sheath noticed it was empty. He slowly backed away from the ooze but it just slowly followed him with a strange blank stare.

"Did you want to form a contract?" Samael muttered in confusion, and at that note the slime vanished in his gauntlet.... but the rotten smell from the creature still permeated the air around the vanguard.

Samael stared long at his Gauntlet before his face shifted into an irritated scowl. Goki slowly shifted out of the Gauntlet, his mask now off as he stared at Samael with timid eyes.

"Sorr...." Goki began to utter, but Samael simply forced Goki back into the gauntlet, as he turned his gaze towards Bastion.

"Either way, Glad your okay.... and yea let's go." Samael muttered, as he began to walk over to where the rest of the vanguards were to meet up with them.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Scarlet

Scarlet struggled alongside the other Vanguards to hold the tide of demons at bay, having ran out of arrows. She could feel herself getting more and more exhausted, the physical exertion and her demon's use of magic sapping at her.

A bright light from above caught Scarlet's attention. Her eyes widened at the sight of the winged figures descending onto the battlefield, putting themselves between the Vanguards and the demons.

"Be at ease. We shall hold these creatures at bay. Go and bear witness to your salvation," a figure clad in armour addressed the Vanguards, who returned to the shrine. Scarlet let out a cry as she took in the sight of Bastion's body on the ground, blood soaking his clothes and the ground around him. But before she could react further, something happened to his body.

Scarlet squinted, shielding her eyes as bright light shone from Bastion's body. When the light faded, she uncovered her eyes, seeing the Vanguards that had been at the shrine now free of their restraints, and Bastion now alive again... How?

Scarlet watched in awe as Bastion tore through the winged demons that attacked. It seemed like whatever had revived him had also given him more powerful magic.

As the angels addressed the group of Vanguards, offering their services, a sharp pain hit Scarlet, causing her to wince. It also reminded her that she was not alone... that Dantes had somehow attached himself to her. She had asked that Imp for help, but nothing had come of it so far. Perhaps the angels could help...

"I accept," she said, stepping forward towards the assembled angels.

[A: Recruit one of the angels] (Releasing the Imp)
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Zephyr Arc

As they were forced into desperate straits, the enemy summoned tendrils to bind them and prevent any more resistance. Thinking fast, Zephyr shrank himself and extended his spear, pushing himseld out of the tendrils way, before raising his crossbow to cut the others loose.

Just then, Bastions seemingly came back to life as some sort of messianic creature and smashed Charlotte and her cronies with a host of angels. With the situation somehow dealt with, Vayu beelined for Bastion and grabbed his arm, while Samael looked like he was a second away from knocking the man out.

Zephyr walked up and grabbed Vayu's arm gently to remove it from Bastion's, then looked Bastion in the eye. He gave the other man the same face he had made whenever anyone acted on their own. He looked otherwise calm, but honestly wanted to deck him right there himself. "...teamwork isn't made in a day, Bastion. It takes trial and error."

With that, he spun on his heel and regarded the gathered demons as the winged host apparently felt they called shots. Not even sparing a glance at the pompous angels, his eyes were drawn to a single Naga that appeared to still be thrashing about. He hopped over, grabbed its head and slammed it into the ground. He knew those eyes. "I'll be taking this one." He said, before moving to join the rest.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Nihility Xitlalli
017-Lamia Dishes
B: Recruit one of the demons from the town (Lamia).
~~
~~~~
~~~~~~~
Nihility|Shoggoth|Tyrian|Minke
~~~~~~~
~~~~
~~

Once the Angels descended, they took over to keep the latest wave of demons at bay. This was a bit annoying as Shoggoth hadn't really had her full of the snake meat. The Lamias are such a delicacy, but it was best to not go against the helping hand... though on the other hand, feeding on the divine angelic hand might be quite savoury as well. Hmm... those long, slender Angel Fingers looked very tempting. A nibble here, a sucking there. Oh, God, they seemed finger-licking good...

Shoggoth reverted to her humanoid state, sighed, and walked into the church, albeit a bit disgruntled.

<Holy Stuff happened>

Nihility watched as Bastion got possessed and then swatted the enemy like flies.

"Well, that was easy." She commented to no one in particular. "Someone should really invest in revival or soul binding spells." She casually remarked before turning around to face at the various non-hostile demons that started to swarm the vanguards.

Shoggoth crept behind Nihility and whispered into her ear that she was famished.

"You are such a liar. What have you been doing all this time if not stuffing your face." Nihility scowled at her Gluttonous demon.

"Ah, those were simply appetizers. You promised to power me up with some high-grade meat. I have kept silent for all this time since you last acquired a new dish, but now you outright deny me what I am owed." Shoggoth seemed to be towering over the young vanguard, her eyes blinking and rolling about her face with intensity.

"Please don't get angry at Master. I... I volunteer as tribute." Minke's timid voice came through their shared mind link.

"Oh please, as if your scrawny bones will give me any nourishment, but then again, if you are so willing, I can use your bones to pick my teeth, after." Shoggoth wickedly smirked

Nihility shook her head in disdain at Shoggoth's suggestion, but she knew that if she didn't comply with the demon's wishes, then it will eventually fall onto her to nourish the demon with her own bodily energy.

"Fine, choose your poison as I make room for it in the gauntlet."

Nihility tapped the Vanguard Gauntlet and then swiped outward.

"Minke, I am sorry for this, but it is the only way I can think of where you do not get consumed by Shoggoth. I here-by release you from the contract that binds us. You are now free to roam this world, unshackled." Nihility gave a weak smile at the thought of setting the Imp free and pushing it away from Shoggoth's greedy hands. "I wish you a long and eventful life where you may really enjoy it to the fullest. Thank-you for everything."

"Pfft. Good riddance. Now grab me that delicious Lamia and let's get back to Chaldea. You have made me wait long enough."

Nihility walked over to the Snake-Lady that Shoggoth's talon-like finger was pointing to. The confused-looking Lamia cocked her head to the right and gazed at the vanguard that approached her.

"Oh, what beautiful eyes you have." Nihility slowly raised her right hand and lovingly caressed the Lamia's cheek. Running her hand down its neck, she continued, "Oh my, what slender skin you have." The Lady stepped closer while bringing the snake into an embrace. "Even your aroma is intoxicating, just like your entire self." Nihility cooed into the creature's ears as she took a whiff of the serpent's body. "Make a Contract with me. I can't wait to have you consumed and make the most of this exotic body of yours." Nihility lightly nibbled on the Lamia's ear lobe affectionately and led the demon's arm to rest onto the Vanguard Gauntlet. Nihility let out a low moan next to the Snake demon's ear as she slid their entangled fingers, overlapping each other and their palms pinned together.

The Female Vanguard, continued in a hushed and seductive tone "Repeat after me, I, Lilly, a Lamia, consensually form a contract with Nihility, bonding myself to her every commandment."

Once the contractual deed was said, Nihility softly held Lilly's chin in her hand, seductively gazed at the creature's lime coloured eyes, and brought her face close to her mouth. A couple of seconds long smooch later, the vanguard released the serpents warm lips and slid her tongue across her own. "My, I really haven't tasted anything so nectarous."

Nihility stepped back with a smile on her face and a loving gaze. The enchanted Lamia disintegrated into tiny energy particles which got sucked into the vanguard gauntlet. Her gaze shifted into that of a menacing glare as she turned around to face Shoggoth.

"Good, that was quite pleasing to me. As agreed, I won't bother you, for now."

Shoggoth let her body turn into a state of purple ooze that dropped onto Nihility's left arm and seemed to seep into the Vanguard Gauntlet.

The female vanguard sighed and began to follow the rest of the vanguards, away from the church.

Last edited by Shadow-Heart on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:05 pm

Alignment Check:

Spoiler:

Bastion stared blankly at Vayu and Samael as they seemed to glare and yell at him. It was only when Zephyr approached as well, offering empty platitudes in the guise of wisdom, that the first flicker of expression came across Bastion's face, a cold and distant reproach. Without a word, he turned and walked back down into the village ahead of the rest of the group.

All the way back to the village, Bastion remained silent and disengaged from the rest. They couldn't possibly understand what he'd experienced. Allowing an angel to share your body... it was like being strapped to a meteor hurtling through space at the speed of light. Everything still felt distant, muted, hollow. Would he ever feel the same?

When they returned to Chaldea, they went straight to give their report. Komori met them, worry etched on his face. That only increased the more they spoke.

"So that's why villages have been disappearing," he muttered, his expression dark as he stroked his goatee. "But how did you all get away? If she's as strong as you say..."

"Angels," Bastion replied.

Ose, who'd been lazily leaning against the wall nearby, straightened up and stared at him.

Komori's eyes widened. "Angels? They've barely been glimpsed since as long as most of us can remember. What happened?"

Bastion hesitated, aware of the eyes of the others on him. "They swooped in while Sister Charlotte had us all bound. When they arrived, she decided to make her escape."

Komori frowned. If he felt something was missing - and there was, as Bastion left out the part where he was dead for part of this - he didn't say anything. "We'll need to find out who this Sister Charlotte is and what she-"

"I already know that," Bastion interjected. "One of the angels told me."

The others were definitely all riveted on him now. He hadn't mentioned this to them either yet.

"He called her..." Bastion pressed his lips together, the memory of her wicked eyes on him as the spear pierced his heart flashing through him. "Mystery, Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth."

Ose hissed. Komori went ashen, a hand covering his mouth.

"Mother Harlot..." he whispered through his fingers.

"If it's really her," Ose growled, "then the other Fiends will be rampaging about as well."

Komori shook his head, struck dumb. At least, he looked at them all. "I'll need to take this directly to the Council. In the meantime, all of you stay in Chaldea. You're marked targets. We'll need to decide how best to proceed."

He put a hand on Bastion's shoulder, but Bastion stepped back. "I can't do that."

Komori stared at him, finally seeming to realize something had definitely changed with Bastion.

"'When the day comes that my Cup runneth over with the abominations and filth of mankind... there will be nowhere you can hide. And no one to hide you,'" Bastion recited. "You can't protect us from this, Komori. I have to do whatever I can to stop her."

Ose snorted and shook his head. "You can't kill a Fiend, least of all Mother Harlot. They're not just demons. They're the embodiments of death, existences far removed from this world."

"Even death may die."

For a moment, the rest of the Vanguard could almost hear a trace of that same voice that had spoken through Bastion before. With those words, Bastion turned and walked out, leaving the others staring after him.

Let them doubt. He knew what Asra hold whispered to him. He knew what he had to do.

[All participating Vanguards ascend to Tier 2]

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:07 pm

- Dantes and Scarlet -

"Mhmmmm." a demonic but fatigued voice muttered inside Scarlet's head almost like a sleeping ferocious beast had just be rested from their slumber.  A feeling of slight but barely noticable fever began to form in Scarlet's head, as a hint of dizziness and tiresome heat rushed into her head.

"So, you didn't accept Icarus offer?  Fascinating... but at the same time you recruited an angel to try and 'deal' with me...."  Dantes commented inside Scarlet's head, as he let out a light but sleepy chuckle at the indecisive nature of the vanguard.  

For a second, Scarlet also felt a pang of fear rocket through her veins, but... It wasn't her own fear, it felt distant like he was simply watching it as an observer.  And many more feelings began to rocket through her, as the memories of Dantes' flooded through her head only to be abruptly stopped by... something.

"Hear me out vanguard, you saw what Bastion acted like after he was 'resurrected' by that angel.  He left out information about his death, and who knows how much information he has gained that he's not letting on.  These angels are no better than Icarus, they're just better at hiding their true intentions.... Which just makes them all the more fearsome"  Dantes began to sound more and more concerned by the second, as he continued to say in a enigmatic voice, "You were smart enough to reject the holy water, don't turn back on that choice now!"

Chills began to go down Scarlet's spine, as she felt the chaotic mind of this creature slowly begin to encroach upon her own.  This was it, the thing the demon was truly after was about to be said, she could feel it.

"I... I have idea that can benefit us both... give me that angel, this way I'll be bound to you by contract and no longer reside in your head.  Then, maybe one day down the road when the angels turn on you.... I can serve as a gate to my allies who can grant you a power to help you defend everyone."  Dantes stated in a kindly tone.

"But of course, that power is for another time... I understand if you're hesitant.  And.... I'm too weak now, but I assure you I'm a much more loyal partner than that angel..."  Dantes' commented now letting go of his hold on Scarlet's mind and fading back into her subconscious.

Note:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:44 pm

Chaldea
- Vayu -

Vayu hadn’t felt like speaking to anyone on the way back. Even now he was brooding in the far corner, watching as Bastion relayed the events that happened to Komori. It almost seemed the conversation between Komori and Bastion took on another level as he couldn’t quite grasp the importance. Had they really been on the same mission?

He straightened up when he realized Bastion left out the part where they let him die. His lips tightened. Without a conscious decision, he stood up.

“Wait,” he said. “That’s not quite how it happened…”

As he walked past Bastion, his eyes narrowed. While a small part of him could understand his reasons, the rest of him was upset that Bastion would lie about this.

Vayu stepped up between Komori and Bastion.

“Bastion left something out…that’s kind of important,” he said, his voice not nearly as sure as it was before. “But it was more our fault than his…”

Vayu hesitated, almost as if words failed him. It wasn’t easy to admit that you felt responsible for someone’s death, especially if that person was there to hear it.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Scarlet

Scarlet flinched as the voice of Dantes echoed in her head. She quickly glanced around her, checking that no-one had noticed her acting oddly. Making her excuses, she left the group for the privacy of her room.

Listening to Dantes talk to her, she thought out her situation. He was right - why had she not trusted Icarus but was willing to accept help from these Angels? On the other hand, she had no idea what Dantes had in store for her. Dantes' offer was tempting - it would get him out of her head, at least. Once he was bound by contract, he might be more restricted in what he could do to her. It would mean that she would have to keep him around, but she could always fuse him with Neko or Warg... unless that would cause something to happen to them.

"Okay then... Dantes," she nodded. "I accept the contract..."

[Choice: Accept Dantes' offer]
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:28 am

- Cleo -

"Ladies, please. Can't we talk about this?" Surrounded by a pack of Lamias, Cleo had finally run out of escape paths. He didn't want to cut them down, but there weren't many remaining options. One of them hissed, lashing out at him with her tail. He instinctively brought his Zanbato up to block the attack, and the Lamia screamed as blade met flesh, digging a trench into her scaled body. The others recoiled from the sound, and one of them suddenly froze up. From over her shoulder, Nekomata winked, and Cleo took his opportunity to cast his Bait and Switch on the stunned Lamia.

"We need to get some distance." Cleo grumbled as they backed away from the group.

"Or, you need to grow a spine and fight back." Nekomata responded snidely.

He never got the opportunity to respond though. All around them, light descended. An army of beautiful demons pressed back the masses, ushering Cleo and the others back towards the shrine, where they watched a series of shocking events unfold.

-----------------------------------------

[B: Imprison a Lamia]

After the dust had settled, Cleo returned to the Lamias, who seemed more distraught than violent at this point. "Perhaps now, you'll be more willing to talk?" Cleo inquired, remaining at a slight distance to avoid any unnecessary misunderstandings.

"Talk about what?" One of them asked. "Our lives as we knew them are over."

Another of them openly wept, curling around herself to provide what comfort she could. One of the others put a hand on her shoulder, but that only seemed to make the poor girl cry harder.

"Sure, things won't be quite the same, but you still draw breath. Who's to say that you won't enjoy your new lives as much as your previous ones?"

"Most of us will adapt." One of them responded, giving him a stern look. "But some will feel this blow more strongly than others."

"Of course we will!" The sobbing Lamia cut in. "My husband is gone, and I'm cursed to look like this for the rest of my life."

"I could offer you an alternative." Cleo's voice was gentle, but also somewhat detached. "You would live on as a thing of beauty, but it would mean abandoning your current form. It would mean giving up the life you now have."

The Lamia sniffed, trying to get her tears under control, and failing. "Then let it be so. I cannot bear to be like this."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva   Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva - Page 6 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Critical Mission I: The Demonic Bodhisattva
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next