Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)

Go down 
+5
NoIn-LoKi
Spiriter
Nexius
jorgiguel
Prisma*Illya
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:07 am

Zephyr Arc - Devil's Cocktail

Zephyr met Samael's gaze with a strange intensity, as if he weren't really looking at Samael, but at someone or something else. Perhaps, if he had looked close enough, he could see the almost tangible madness hidden behind those eyes at that moment. Then it vanished as Vayu offered him a glass of water, which Cherry immediately forced down his throat. The cool sensation of water after all the alcohol caused him to snap out of his... addled state. It was at this moment that Samael's voice suspiciously cracked. He instinctively shot him a look at the sudden change, but the other man seemed to return to normal in the next moment. He made a mental note of it.

Thanking Vayu for the water and Cherry for forcing him to drink it, Zephyr took time through the next few questions to collect himself. The questions themselves didn't really have much to do with him, so he instead watched the others grow drunker by the minute instead. He took a shot for getting lost in the forest, a dark look in his eye as he relived the moment, but shook furiously shook his head to get the thought out. "You're right. Let's try a better one." He agreed with Vayu.

"Never have I ever exposed someone's embarrassing secrets!" He called out. Of course, he took the shot.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:38 pm

- Cleo -

“Rule number one.” Cleo responded as he pried Mongo away and deposited him into a booth across from the bar. “Know how to take no for an answer.”

“We’ll get to rule number two once I’m convinced that you’ve got number one properly figured out.”
He turns back to the bar in time for Bastion’s question, but made no move for his drink.

Gad’s addition to the game had Cleo reaching for his glass though. He tossed the shot back with a devilish grin and poured another. That grin dissolved almost instantly when Amira contributed her bit, but Cleo took his drink none the less. At least the alcohol in his blood would numb some of the pain from that particular barb. He almost didn’t notice Samael’s comment about unrequited love, but it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

Cleo also didn’t drink to Scarlet’s comment. He’d never really spent much time outside the city. So, getting lost in the woods was probably a future problem, but it definitely wasn’t a previous one.

When Aeris’ turn followed, Cleo’s glass remained untouched. He did give the woman an appraising look though. There definitely wasn’t anything typical about her. His gaze drifted to Amira next. She was also an oddity, although a little more understandable than Aeris so far.

Never have I ever exposed someone’s embarrassing secrets!

Cleo reached for his glass but pulled his hand away with a flourish at the last second, raising a single finger to his lips. “A gentleman never tells.”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:28 pm

- Bastion -

Bastion stared at Zephyr, brow furrowed. Well, it was probably good to have Zephyr warn them all that he was completely unreliable on the matter of secrets, but it was odd that he seemed to gleeful about his shortcoming. Of course, Bastion left his drink untouched, though in this case the fact that no one had ever really confided an embarrassing secret in him was the overriding factor in this case.

Cleo caught his attention when he seemed about to drink, but then stopped at the last moment with a theatrical flourish that was, frankly, unwarranted in this situation. “A gentleman never tells.”

Bastion snorted and rested his cheek against his hand, elbow propped on the counter. "Since when were you a gentleman."

After a moment's pause, he realized he'd said that aloud and flushed. This alcohol must be getting to his head. Well... whatever. He said it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Komori -

Komori smiled as he watched the new group trying to get its footing around each other. Some groups clicked faster than others, and it was obvious this one was going to take some time. But they were getting there, slowly but surely.

“So much for having a party,” Vayu complained. “These questions are total mood-killers.”

Komori smiled sympathetically. "That's how these go sometimes. All depends on the group dynamic."

His graduating class had been a rowdy and spirited bunch. Their graduation party had been one hell of a night to remember. Hell, they'd been so high on adrenaline, they went through on the tattoo idea with no objections.

No chance of that with this bunch though.

"I believe it's my turn," he said, contemplating his glass. "But... I think I'd like to forgo that in favor of a toast."

He raised his glass and smiled around at them.

"To Vayu, Bastion, Samael, Zephyr, Gad, Scarlet, Amira, and Cleo - fine Vanguards in the making."

"Here here!" Mongo cheered, downing the last of his drink. Even Rory paused in her sweeping to smile at the group and tip her broom like an imaginary glass.

"And to fine customers too~" Nena said cheerfully, eyes roving over all the drinks and calculating her handsome profits for the night.

"We'll work out the details later..." Komori sighed, scatching at his beard. "In any case, it's probably best for everyone to turn in. Tomorrow, you start your first day as Vanguard. Make sure you put your best foot forward."

He got up, thumping the backs of the Vanguards nearest to him as he turned for the door. It was only then that he realized Aeris was gone.

"She slipped out during the toast."

He looked down and saw Rory watching him.  He shrugged at that, mouth twisting into something between a grimace and a smile. "That's just who she is."

Rory didn't have anything to say to that. Komori patted her head gently, smiling, before heading out.

One more class had made it through. But tomorrow, he'd be back to training a new group and starting the cycle anew.

- Bastion -

Bastion polished off his drink and sighed, feeling a hazy sort of warmth envelop him. It wasn't really his sort of picture of a good night, but in a way, it was good to have a chance to get to know the Vanguard he'd be trusting with his back out there.

His gaze drifted over to Vayu, and he cleared his throat. "Say, Vayu... if you were open to it, I could teach you how to read."

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:44 am

The Devil's Cocktail

- Vayu -

Vayu was just about to down his drink when Komori proposed a toast. Define embarassing, he thought to himself and then shook it off.

With a smile he joined in and drank to the toast. He could hardly feel how strong the alcohol was. Definitely a sign that they should stop.

Together with the others he moved outside when Bastion asked him something unexpected.

Teach him to read?

"I know how to read. Thank you," he replied, sounding embarassed.

Trying to brush it off, he took a step away from Bastion. Unfortunately he missed the step leading out of the bar. Vayu lost his balance, being somewhat drunk and landed on his butt.

Perplexed he looked up.

Damn instant karma.

"But maybe I can use some help and practice," he admitted, defeated.

When he came to Chaldea, he'd struggled to learn the basics of reading and writing just enough to get into the Vanguards. Maybe getting a little help wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:13 am

Zephyr Arc - Devil's Cocktail

On his way out, Zephyr heard a thud and turned back. He found Vayu on his back, having obvious had a little more than he could take. Zephyr himself was still steady enough on his feet, so he went over and offered the other man a hand.

In that moment, something inexplicable came over him as he whispered. "Just between you and me, I was 8 at the time." He said with a grin, referring to the embarrassing secret story. He didn't know why he'd said it, but he had a distant look in his eye afterwords, making for the exit.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:47 pm

Gad - The Devil’s Cocktail

Gad toasted to what Komori said and without any more words, he finished his cup. Gad walked toward Rory and he gave an innocent grin to her, "Thanks, let me know if you need any help." Said Gad, then he excused himself from the bar, gently closing the door behind him.

Gad sighed and smiled weakly. He remembered what had happened after his first exam. Jackson, Tyler, Olivia and himself walking out from the bar, happily.

"Say," Said Tyler, "I know this is sudden, but how about we all get tattooed?" Olivia looked at the Thaumaturge as if he said something offensive, "I am not going to do that! I heard it's a painful process these days cause no old technology can be used!" Then Jackson replied it as well, supporting Olivia. That muscle head definitely had a thing for her. "Yeah, if Olivia doesn't want to do it, count me out." Then Tyler scratched his head, "Yeah, now, I think about it. It's a dumb idea. I heard Master Komori had it with his colleagues. Look what that got him into. He sulks whenever that tattoo story comes out." Then Gideon laughed cockily, "What? You guys are scared of it?" Said Gideon, "Heh, well you guys like it or not, I am going to get my tattoo." Gideon walked confidently, "Besides, I think it's good to have one." Gideon continued, "If anyone of us managed to live out to the stage of retirement, then we got something to tell. I mean, the tattoo should help us remember who we had with." Gideon looked at the stars, his smiling faded. Gideon looked at the night sky with seriousness. "I am not going to sulk like Master Komori, instead, I am going to make sure I will treasure who I had with. Even in death, this place needs some light." Then Tyler gave a snort, "Hey, it was my idea," then he smacked Gideon's back. "I am not going to let you look cool by stealing it." Then Jackson grinned, "Yeah, if I can't beat Master Komori yet with skills, then I guess I got to beat him in that sentimental idea." Said Jackson, "Usu!!! Guess getting this tattoo means I beat him in that area!" Said Jackson fired up. Then there was a gentle voice joined three young men. "When you guys put it like that," Said Olivia, "Guess it's worth the pain." Gideon shook his head, smiling, "Can't believe I am getting the same tattoo with these three." Then he smiled at them. "Come on then, let's get a tattoo" The three looked at him and smiled. They followed him, then Olivia asked, "So, what are we getting?" Gideon shrugged, "I don't know, but I guess we will figure out something when we get there." Then she sighed, then the three laughed together.

Then Gad eyes looked at the four tombstones, dropping Forget-Me-Not flowers to each of them. Even to his. "Hey guys." Said Gad, looking at it nostalgically.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:40 am

- Cleo -

Cleo raised an eyebrow at Bastion, but the grin didn’t leave his face as he took another sip of his drink. “I can be almost anything a lady desires me to be.” He responded with a smile.

A moment later, Komori proposed a toast, and Cleo raised his glass alongside the others. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Aeris slip off her stool and fade into the crowd. Perhaps another night, he would ask after the beautiful lady, but for tonight, he already had a companion waiting for him.

Finishing off the rest of his glass, Cleo slid the remainder of his bottle towards Nena. “Would my lovely barkeep be so kind as to write my name on that bottle and throw it on the back wall for me? I’ll finish it another night.”

Dropping a couple coins on the bar for a tip, Cleo pushed himself to his feet which were surprisingly steady as he made his way out of the bar and into the night.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:05 pm

- Bastion -

"I know how to read. Thank you."

Bastion blanched at Vayu's tone and swallowed as Vayu strode away from him. "Right..."

The next moment, however, Vayu missed his footing on the steps out of the bar and fell flat on his backside.

"Maybe we should just focus on getting you back first," Bastion said, smiling.

Between him and Zephyr, they helped him up and out into the night. Zephyr made a rather creepy remark about him being eight for some reason, then disappeared off.

"That was..." Bastion shook his head. "Anyway, let's get back."

The two made it back to the barracks, and Bastion left Vayu off at his room before heading to his own. With the door shut, Bastion slipped off his blazer and fell onto his bed.

It had been quite a day. Some of it good, some of it bad. Some of it... he hadn't quite decided on, namely his progressing relationships with his teammates. But that could wait. For now, he had to rest. Tomorrow would be the start of his journey as a true Vanguard.

- Nena -

Nena took the bottle from Cleo and nodded, lips parted in a smile. "Don't be a stranger!"

She waved at everyone as they took off, then slumped against the bar when the door finally shut behind them. "It's been a long day," she sighed.

"Mhmm..." Mongo mumbled, trying to sneak another glass from behind the bar.

"You." She stuck her foot in his face, forcing him back. "Out. Enough for one night."

"You're so cruel, Miss Nena," he whined.

"Cry me a river." She hooked a thumb over her shoulder. "The door is that way."

Mongo slumped his way over to the door, paws dragging on the ground, before leaving.

"You done, Rory?" Nena asked, turning her attention to the young girl.

Rory set her broom in the corner and nodded. After taking off her apron, she hovered by the door, waiting for Nena to finish locking up.

"Do you think they'll be all right?" she asked, gazing into the night.

Nena blinked. "The new Vanguards?" She shrugged. "Who knows. They could be dead before the end of tomorrow."

"Nena!" Rory said reproachfully.

Nena shrugged. You couldn't get sentimental about these things. Way too many men and women had walked through her bar, only to end up dead. Rory should understand that as well, given what happened to her father... or maybe that's why she was so worried.

"Komori's a good teacher," she said. "I'm sure they're more than prepared."

Rory nodded, seemingly placated. Good enough for now.

What must Komori feel like, though, every time he let more Vanguards loose from his care? Sometimes, she thought about asking him, about peeling back his charming facade and seeing those scars underneath.

Nothing good came from humans and demons getting too close though. She thought of Cleo again, wondering how much he knew about himself. It probably wasn't her business, but...

Maybe it should be.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Chaldea

- Vayu -

After being pulled to his feet by Zephyr, he held a steadying hand out to the wall next to him. It took a few seconds for Zephyr’s whispered words to register in his mind.

A look of confusion crossed his face. By the time he understood what Zephyr meant, the other man had already turned around to leave.

Bastion lead him back to the Vanguard Barracks. When the other man left, he stayed outside and leaned against the door. Vayu took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. Being in the cool night air, he could really feel the alcohol hit, his mind still enveloped into a haze.

What a day.

Spoiler:

Last edited by NoIn-LoKi on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Gad - Vanguard's Graveyard

Gad managed to give a smile, "Do you all remember our first meeting?" He spoke nostalgically, "They weren't rowdy as ours, but it definitely reminded me of you guys." Gad shrugged, "I mean, they probably were a most tamed bunch. Few in numbers as well. No interesting relationship. No interesting rivals. Well, I think they have interesting backgrounds though." Gad shook his head, "I mean this time it had too many male vanguards. Guess I am complaining about the same thing as Jackson did with our party" Gad's eyes shifted to Jackson's tomb.

'We got too many males in this party! We need more females!"

Then Gad's eyes shifted to Olivia's tomb, who shouted back. "Shut it, big goof. No one should force the choice of becoming Vanguards, and besides, they are men and women fighting a different battle." and then Jackson blushed, mumbling something about freedom of speech.

Gad sighed, still smiling, "I wonder how's the other side..." His eyes now shifted to Tyler's. "Hey, Gideon, Eins. Do you guys wonder about the other side? I do sometimes. I wish the other side would be peaceful. I hope its a place where everyone gets together and have a fun party for 24 hours."

Gad sighed, still not losing his smile. "I really hope you guys are enjoying the party." Then he turned around, tapping his back. "I still got mine, so watch over me. I will tell them all about you when I do get my next kin." Said Gad.

Gad smile faded as he walked out of the graveyard, "And before that, I will get myself back and beat that demon to the ground."

Then his eyes wondered to the night sky, "Hope you have become a beautiful star, my friend. Watch me, I am going to bring that demon to its knees." Gad walked back to the barracks, with newly found motivation and strength.
Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 am

Amira

She's not drunk! Maybe, she also lost count of how many drinks. And at one point she just started drinking at everything. Should she have done differently? Probably, not that she can tell, why is everybody using incomprehensive words? Everything is hazy!

Of course, she was drunk, but she was quiet, rather than become an outburst of emotions, her true self became even more secluded. As everybody left, she left too, back to the barraks.

However, there was one thing that stuck with her. The words of a senior. "They really aren't ready for the world outside these walls."

Of course, she was ready! As if she would let her virginity get in the way of her goal! She walked around the barracks until she found a specific room. Slowly she opened, it didn't matter if it was locked, her skill quickly unlocked the door.

It was dark as expected of a room with a sleeping occupant, and she approached the bed she could see the sleeping face of Bastion. What should she do now? Her heart was bumping much faster than before, perhaps...

Huh? Sleep with him? I guess that's fine... With little control over her judgement, she snuck into Bastion bed and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Scarlet - The Devil's Cocktail

Kids... as far as Scarlet could remember, she had focused entirely on getting here. Like her thoughts on love, she had never really considered having kids. Or that might have been the drink in her system affecting her ability to recall such thoughts.

Speaking of which, Komori proposed a toast. Well, it would be rude to refuse, wouldn't it? Scarlet had one last drink before stumbling out The Devil's Cocktail, smiling absently as she made her way somewhat unsteadily back to her room. Maybe she had had too much to drink...
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Vanguard Barracks - Bastion’s Room

- Bastion -

Hmm? Bastion awoke to a faint humming coming from nearby. He yawned and cracked an eye open. His gauntlet, over on the desk, was emitting a faint light. Ah, yes, he was an official Vanguard now. His gauntlet would now be connected to the spirit framework and receive mission assignments directly.

Well, if he had an assignment, he’d best get to work on it. He sat up -or tried - but something seemed to be weighing him down. He stared down and saw Amira sprawled over him, deep in sleep.

Amira.

Sleeping.

In his bed.

“Aaaahhh!!” he cried, throwing her off. She rolled over to the one side - against the wall - while he tumbled the other side right off the bed.

“What.... what...” he scrambled back, pointing a finger at her. “What are you doing here?”

There’s no way... NO WAY. He definitely wasn’t that drunk. He remembered coming back here alone after dropping Vayu off. So how on earth did she get in here? And why was she in here?

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Samael

"I won't turn away anyone if they want me to make them an outfit even if it is a troll. It's always flattering when people like my work, don't you agree?" Samael stated with a smile in response to Vayu, as he didn't take another drink for the rest of the questions. He never wanted kids, he wouldn't be able to provide for them in his condition and in this world... maybe one day but at the moment... No.

"We all have problems, that's why I'm here." Samael stated briefly with a smile, as he raised his class to Komori's toast, but the moment he took a drink the rest of the night turned into a blur.

"Ugh" Samael stated clutching his head as he woke up in the same desk that he was in before the training exam. The various tools still scattering across the room along with other new random objects he must of got during the drunken outage.

"Well, at least I was able to talk to some people... though." Samael stated shivering at some of the things he said as he walked over to a nearby mirror making sure he didn't look too worse for wear... Wait. Was that a women?

"Transform." Samael stated in a panic, as his appearance returned too what it normally looked like as he glanced around the room half expecting someone saw that. They didn't see what he really looked like right?

A ping quickly interrupted his thoughts as he quickly glanced down to see that a new mission had been assigned to him

No use worrying about it now, I have a job to do... just act like everyone is normal.
Back to top Go down
jorgiguel
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
jorgiguel

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Amira

A loud yell and a push cause Amira's body to jolt in surprise. She was sleeping, her mind drifting among the darkness of slumber. She doesn't know what happened, aside from the large headache she feels, like a knife stabbing through her scalp.

“What are you doing here?”

She hears words that she cannot process. Slowly she raises her body and turns to the sound source... It's Bastion who's pointing at her... What's happening?

Urgh, please be quiet Haita. Your voice is echoing through my skull.

My virginity?... Oh... she slept with him... Oh no... Amira's head drops. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me..."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 pm

- Bastion -

It was hard to know what to make of Amira’s expression. She seemed ashamed - or at least remorseful - but what exactly...

There was something about the way she was looking at him.

No. No no no.

They definitely didn’t. They couldn’t have. Without thinking, he pulled open the waistband of his pants and stared down. Okay... that checked out. He sidled up to the bed, rifling through the sheets as Amira peered curiously at him. Nothing there either.

“Umm...” Bastion stood up, cheeks flushed. “I don’t think... anything happened. There would have been evidence.”

His blush grew deeper. To be safe, he could ask if she felt any soreness or... no. No, he couldn’t ask that and face her again.

“In any case, I believe your-“ He coughed. “-virtue is intact. As is my dignity...”

No, not his dignity. Maybe his honor, at least.

What had prompted her to do this, though? They’d both admitted to being virgins, despite some people’s ridicule. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

“There’s nothing wrong with it, you know,” he said. “Staying... pure. It’s not a stigma that needs to be shaken off, despite what some people may say. It’s okay to wait for the right time. And the right person.”

Which definitely wasn’t him.

He glanced down at his gauntlet, still glowing patiently. He scooped it up and cleared his throat.

“Uh, yes, well, have a mission to get to!” he exclaimed hastily, rushing out the door.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:08 pm

———————————-

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 pm

Komori knocked back his glass and sighed. He nudged it back across the bar, and Nena took it without a word. Filling it up with more amber liquid, she slid it back to him with practiced ease.

“How’s the training going?” she asked as he started on the drink.

“It’s been better. It’s been worse,” he replied. “Definitely a different bunch than the last class.”

“And how are the little birds who’ve flown the nest?”

Komori hummed to himself and shook his head. “Cleo, Amira, Scarlet, and Vayu haven’t reported in yet. Bastion, Samael, Zephy, and Gad just got in from their first mission. From what I’ve heard, it went off successfully, but...”

Nena raised an eyebrow. “But?”

“I dunno.” He shrugged. “I worry about them.”

Nena leaned across the bar and looked him in the eye. “Hey, I know you’re protective, and I know why. But you can’t mother them forever.”

Komori’s fingers tightened on his glass. “I know.”

“Besides,” Nena pressed on, trying to inject some cheerfulness. “First mission a success. That’s something to be happy about.”

“Yeah...” Komori frowned. “But you didn’t see them when they came in. They didn’t look like a team who’d struggled together and succeeded. They seemed more strained than ever.”

Nena poured herself a glass and sighed. “Well, it happens, right? It’s a hard job. There’s bound to be stress and strain.”

Komori nodded. “But it’s your team that’s supposed to relieve that, not cause it. The job is hard enough without that. And if you don’t have support to make it through the years... I’ve seen Vanguards get wrecked by it.”

Nena frowned, studying his face. She never liked seeing him get into melancholy moods. Smiles suited him better, made his whole face light up.

“Give it time. They’ll pull together,” she said. “And you can always invite them back here for more group bonding.”

“You just want more customers,” Komori said, his mouth twisting into a wry smile.

“You can’t blame a girl for trying,” she said coyly, sipping at her drink.

“I’m sure Cleo brings in enough business on his own,” Komori mused. “That boy’s always got his eyes on the prize.”

“Glass houses,” Nena said, poking him in the arm. “You’ve been quite the town charmer yourself.”

“Yes, well...” Komori’s cheeks dusted pink, and he picked at the tip of his nose. “I think I’ve mellowed out in my later years. Eventually, a man stops looking for simple pleasures and starts looking for more meaningful things... like companionship.”

Nena met his eyes a moment, then dropped her gaze to her glass. She stirred it absently as Komori went back to his own drink, the moment growing thick with tension.

“Speaking of Cleo...” she said, evading the topic. “How much do you know about his parents?”

Komori frowned. “Not much. I think his mother lives in Chaldea, though I don’t know how much contact they have. Never heard much in the way of his father.”

Nena pressed her lips together. She figured as much.

“Why?” Komori looked puzzled.

“Oh, just curiosity,” Nena said, waving an airy hand. “Never you mind.”

A call for drinks went up from a nearby table, and Nena sauntered off to serve them. Komori watched her go, his glass forgotten in his hand.

When she finally returned, he quickly downed the rest of his drink and stood.

“Heading out?” she asked, retrieving more bottles from behind the bar as more calls for drinks went out.

Komori nodded and leaned an elbow on the counter top. “Is there ever a night where you’re not working here?”

Nena raised her eyebrow. “Getting tired of me? Hoping for another woman to pour your drinks?”

Komori grinned. “Quite the opposite. I’d like to see you have a chance to relax, maybe somewhere with different lighting. A restaurant, perhaps?”

Nena smiled and folded her arms. “Sounds nice. But, you know what they say. A woman’s work is never done.”

Komori smiled, a touch wistfully, and shrugged his broad shoulders. With a wave goodbye, he headed out into the night.

Nena sighed. “Sorry, hun. But it’s better this way - for both of us.” Humans and demons might be able to coexist right now, but they’d never be completely compatible. He only had to look as far as Cleo to see the repercussions...

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:33 am

Zephyr Arc

Zephyr woke up to a pixie shaking him. "It's morning, wake up already!" She yelled as she did. Still fairly sleepy, and stil just a tad sore from his exertions the previous day, Zephyr opted to instead wrap his blanket around himself tigher, turn around, and try to sleep some more.

Bad move. Next thing he knew, he'd been hit in the head by what he could only call a bullet, and the hit caused him to slip out of bed head-first. The pixie-shaped bullet howered above him with a huff as he looked up. "Serves you right. You didn't even use Spell Eater fighting that Oni. You wouldn't have had that much trouble if you did!" She nagged, as he sat up and rubbed his head. He felt like she'd probably kill him before any Oni could.

Then, her words appeared to process in his head. "Oh yea! I forgot about Spell Eater..." This evoked another hard hit in the head. "HOW DO YOU FORGET YOUR MOST IMPORTANT SPELL!?"

Legend says the shout could be heard throughout the whole barracks, and scared all nearby birds away.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Flashback - The Devil's Cocktail - 2 Years ago.

“C’mon,” Vayu said and started walking away from the gate. “I’m starving. Let’s find something to eat.” Catequil pulled the hood of his cloak up to draw less attention to himself.

Having never been here, it took Vayu a little while to get his bearings and the first few places they tried, they didn’t exactly receive a warm welcome.

By now, Vayu was not only hungry, but fuming.

“How come this doesn’t bother you?” he asked Catequil. “Why don’t you just smite them with some lightning?” Catequil shook his head. “That’s not how it works. You will carry the consequences if I attack someone unfounded.”

“Consequences, schmonsequences,” Vayu muttered unhappily and kept walking. They had entered a part of town that didn’t look as noble and clean anymore. Somehow, it made Vayu feel more at ease.

Finally, they entered a bar called “The Devil’s Cocktail”. Their entry, of course, hadn’t gone unnoticed and Nena approached them with a light smile. “Welcome. I’m Nena. What can I get you to drink?” She didn’t seem fazed by the fact that Catequil was obviously a demon. That made her instantly sympathetic.

“We’re actually looking for something to eat,” Vayu said and took a good look around the bar.

Nena frowned. “This is a bar…” before she could say anything else, Vayu had already stood up. He was craning his neck, looking at something in the back. “But I can see you have a kitchen in the back.”

“It’s not in use. Hiring a cook and preparing meals for patrons who would rather have a drink has not proven profitable, so it’s only used occasionally.”

Vayu’s face took on a thoughtful expression and he made his way behind the counter, curious to inspect the kitchen. Before he could enter, he was suddenly face-to-face with a girl.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?” she asked, holding her broom rather threateningly. “This part is for staff only.”

For a moment, Vayu was taken aback by her bossy behavior. First, he paled. Then he blushed.

“I will throw you out, if you cause trouble!” All the while Rory had been walking forward, so Vayu suddenly found himself standing with his back to the door.

He lifted his hands in an appeasing way. From the side, he could hear Catequil chuckle. The demon made no move to help him. Instead, he seemed to rather enjoy his predicament.

“No…I mean… Hi. I’m Vayu,” he stuttered out. “I was just trying to take a look at the kitchen,” Vayu explained. “Nena said it was only used occasionally and I was trying to see if it had potential for cooking.”

A few days later...

Vayu came out of the kitchen, carrying a tray with some small plates and bowls. He was wearing a slightly nervous expression. Carefully, he set the tray down on the bar top and waved Nena over.

Nena finished serving some customers and then came over to Vayu. It was his first day and he was showing her his ideas for some menu items.

“Okay, we’ve got a chili con carne,” he said and pointed to the first bowl. “It’s easy to make and it stores well for 2-3 days.”
Then he took the second bowl from the tray. “As an alternative, there’s this vegetable stew. Depending on the budget, I could add meats,” Vayu suggested carefully. “It also stores nicely and is fairly basic and has a different consistency from the chili.”

“This one is a Frittata,” Vayu explained the next dish. “Depending on the season, I can add different vegetables. Those are Samosas.” He said, pointing to the next plate. “Today with a spicy vegetable filling and a mint-yoghurt dip. And the last plate is simply fried rice.”

Despite trying to keep his calm, his expression had turned slightly anxious. Nena had agreed to give his menu items a week, so they could see if people received it well and he was determined to make the most of it. Maybe he didn’t need this, but he wanted this.

“What do you think?”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Nena peered at the food and shrugged. "It could be deep-fried imp for all I care, as long as it sells."

Mongo, seated in a stool up front, choked on his drink. "That's just cold, Miss Nena."

Nena ignored him and sniffed at the food, smiling slightly at Vayu's nervous expression. "For what it's worth, though... it looks good."

At that moment, the door bell jingled as someone entered, obscured in a black traveling cloak. Nena paused, watching as the figure crossed the bar with a calm stride and took a seat in the far booth. When the person pulled down their hood and threw off their cloak, they revealed a handsome young man with tan skin and white hair, dressed in the priestly robes of the Messians.

Spoiler:

Nena's expression darkened, and she hooked a thumb over in the man's direction. "Messian... Well, there's your first test subject."

The man sat with his hands folded patiently, gazing around the bar with an expression of curious amusement. Vayu passed Rory on his way to the table, where she stood dusting the same spot of floor as she stared at the man.

"Ah," the man said brightly as Vayu reached the table. "Hello there. Does my nose deceive me, or is food being prepared?"

Rory continued to sweep, eyes fixated on the man. Nena prepared drinks, surreptitiously stealing glances at the two of them.

"No drinks, thanks. But I'll try one of every dish," he said pleasantly. "If you please."

Nena leaned on the bar, muttering as she glared at him. "Who comes to a bar just to order food?"

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 am

“Right,” Vayu grinned, apparently not fazed by Nena’s cold reception. As long as she didn’t disapprove, that was all he needed.

He was about to ask her if she wanted to try any of it, when someone entered the bar and sat down in a far booth. His curiosity peaked when he saw Nena’s and Rory’s strange reaction, but he went over to the man, nonetheless.

“Your nose is quite correct,” Vayu confirmed. “We’ve just added five new items to the menu,” he explained. For a second, he was surprised when the man ordered one of everything. Then he shrugged it off. It would a good chance to see if he liked it.

“Sure thing,” Vayu confirmed. “I’ll bring out the first one right away.” And with that he returned to the bar. With a glance at Nena, he slid a bowl of chili towards Mongo and then went back into the kitchen with the rest of the plates.

Catequil was lounging in the back. “She didn’t eat it?” he chuckled.

Vayu stuck his tongue out at him. “No, but she said it looks good,” he replied with a defiant undertone in his voice and put the tray down in front of Catequil. The demon shrugged. “More for me then,” he said and began to eat.

When he saw that Vayu returned to preparing more food, Catequil raised his eyebrow.

“There’s a customer, who wanted one of everything,” Vayu explained as he prepared to fry some Samosas. “And I’m not about to serve cold food.”

A few minutes later, he emerged from the kitchen, skillfully carrying a plate to the man.

“First up, we have spicy vegetable Samosas with a mint-yoghurt dip,” he explained. After a short pause he added. “When you’re done, can I get some feedback?” he asked. “I gotta make sure these become a hit.”
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:58 pm

The man smiled at Vayu as he delivered the samosas to the table and began dip them into the yogurt, sampling slowly and savoring each mouthful. He certainly didn't seem to be in any rush, despite the fact that he'd only come in there to eat.

"I don't know how to cook myself," he mused, his voice mild and soothing. "But I find cooking a fascinating thing. Can you think of any other act where one person imbues something with their own care, passion, and love, and the recipient consumes and incorporates that into themselves?"

He looked away from Vayu, clearly dismissing him, as he returned to eating the samosas.

"Hmm..." Nena mused as Vayu returned. "Don't get Messians in here often. Or ever."

Mongo, who dipped a finger into the chili and sucked on it, made a hum of appreciation. "Ooh, that's good!"

Nena stared distastefully at his finger before nudging Vayu back toward the man.

When Vayu returned, the man had finished the samosas and beamed up at Vayu. "Excellent. I look forward to the next dish. However..." He looked up at Vayu, his eyes piercing. "Why are you so determined to 'make these become a hit'? Or, rather, why are you so concerned with a future of cooking? Is that the way you are most comfortable in communicating your feelings? Or, perhaps, is that the only means left to you?"

He reclined back in his seat, head slightly tilted away, as though to communicate that he wasn't necessarily expecting a response.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Vayu looked at him, the words clearly making him uncomfortable. Thinking of cooking as the consumption of love, care and passion had never occurred to him and just made everything weird. At the first chance, he left the man alone with his samosas.

On his way to the kitchen, he passed Nena who made a comment about the Messians. Not that Vayu had ever heard of them. Shaking his head, he went back to the kitchen to finalize the next dish. He had just brought it back out when Nena nudged him back towards the man.

He placed the plate with the Frittata on the table, feeling slightly apprehensive when the man suddenly looked up with his piercing eyes.

“My… feelings…?” Vayu stuttered, caught off guard. “No, no, I want these dishes to be good, so she lets me keep cooking here,” he added defensively and gestured towards Nena.

“I’ve been on the road for a while and I’m usually cooking to make ends meet. I don’t think cooking is my future though,” he explained. “When you have an older brother, who is good at eeeverything, I figured I needed a different hobby. So, my mom taught me,” he added with a smile. Much to the dismay of his father, but the stranger didn’t need to know that.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:23 pm

The man raised his eyebrows at Vayu's obvious discomfort at his remark, and even moreso when he confessed about where his cooking came from.

"No? And what do you think your future is?" he asked, taking the frittata from Vayu and beginning to sample it. "Something to further distinguish yourself from your brother? Or, perhaps, to surpass him?"

He smiled slightly to himself as he helped himself to more frittata. "I've never had any siblings... though, admittedly, my companions are starting to feel like them."

The man once again continued to eat with a placid smile, as though indicating he was unconcerned whether Vayu responded or not.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)   City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area) - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

City of Chaldea (Freeform RP Area)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next