Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape

Go down 
+4
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
Renshi52
Payne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus nodded at Pierce who was standing with his arms crossed. "Looks like the letters correspond to moon phases as well. Confirms my guess that it should be in the waxing order." He mumbled out loud as we walked over to the vault and gently punched in the code, 213, hoping he wasn't wrong.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Room 3

- Remy -

"Yeah, I hope so," she said and smiled when Kenny talked about trust.

After she entered the code, a harsh buzzing sound pulled her back to the moment and she took a step back, looking almost frightened for a moment.

"Shit," she said.

Remy stood up and walked back over to the flowers.

"Mh…"

"I'll be honest, I'm more positive that the flower names are correct than that the petals will be wrong," she said to Kenny.

Hesitant, she stepped up to the door with the keypad again.

"Let's go with what worked before? We'll keep the flower order and change numbers 1 through 4 to the corresponding petal number, right?" she asked, not sounding very sure of herself. If they got this wrong...then how would they know what caused the mistake?

"So...DLCHD. Daisy has eight petals. The lily has six petals. The clover has four petals. The hibiscus has five petals. And then daisy again with eight."

She used her fingers to count. "That's 86458."

Her hand hovered over the keypad for a few seconds. Finally, after a nod from Kenny, she punched in the code, waiting tensely.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Yù zǐ shuǐjīng
5-B

Yù zǐ held his hand in front of his face to shield his eyes from the bright red light.

"No!!" he exclaimed and turned his head away expecting something more to happen. Slowly opening one eye and squinting through his fingers "Oh, that's it? Haha ha, I thought we'd be electrocuted or something. Oh, well, let's return back to studying the statues some more."

The performer strutted back to stand in front of the four sculptures with Morgan next to him already intently looking at them.

Yù zǐ began walking through and around the statues one by one, looking at them all over.

"Hey, do you think there's something odd about these sculptures, I'm not that up to date with my Greek Sculptures Carving history but all I'm seeing is statue with body and no arms and then a full body after placing the head and then again no limbs and then there is this third one here that is really bothering me. It doesn't seem to have much going for it other than the head and her chest area." The pop artist stopped in front of the bust of the lady with a tiara and began stroking his chin.

"Do you think the code relates to the number of missing limbs? If that is the case then should we, let's see... hmm... yeah, why don't you try inputting the code 02324. I'm still not a hundred percent on the four but if you think it makes sense then go for it, Morgan." Yù zǐ nodded at his partner and waited for the result.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Morgan (Room 5)

"Impossible! HOW?!"  Morgan shouted in frustration at the red light, as he furiously stomped his left foot once into the ground, "I know those statues are those gods!  What's going on?!"

This game must be rigged, he knew for a fact that those gods matched up.  The goat man must of rigged the game, so that someone would die, and he didn't like him specifically because he knew that he was a fraud.

"Hu?  What else is there to study?" Morgan responded in confusion to Yu Zi's jolly demeanor absolutely flabbergasted the singer was able to stay so carefree in this situation.  Though, it did help calm him down a bit as he impatiently followed the singer around to each of the statues with him tapping his footing out of anxiety picturing himself being electrocuted by the Zeus statue after they're wrong.

However, Morgan's eyes widened when Yu Zi made the suggestion about the missing parts.  Yes! They did all miss limbs, the Aphrodite statue was famous for it after all!  This could in fact work!

"That's a good idea!  I'll try the numbers!" Morgan responded with a smile, as he quickly walked over to the key panel again.  The sight of it shot a wave of stress through his body, as he paused slightly before the panel and took a long deep breath.

"Right 0 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 4...." Morgan muttered, as he typed in the numbers in unison with his words, periodically and nervously glancing up at the door before hitting the enter key.
Back to top Go down
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:44 am

Join saw the flashing light, it appears that July being 7 wasn't correct he went over to the missing state and did a handstand.

"I am fine, but maybe with some blood rushing to my head I could lend more of a hand."

As Join said this he lifted his right hand while balancing on his left.

"This is what we know so far... July is the Roman god of animals is it not? Or was the helios? Each animal rules something that starts with S, so we got SSS, there is 3 animals and two of us, TELLS is a five letter words. We make 5, 3+5=8-7 from July who rules the sun and we got 1 correct answer."

Maybe all the blood rushing to his head wasn't the correct choice.

Join jumped down and shook his head and sat down.

"maybe that isn't right, but the part of the animals could be the clue ruling over the Sky, Sea and Savannah. It could be a number that starts with S since we tried seven why not 6? Or even 3 since there is only 3 models?"

Join quietly sat while trying to let the blood flow normally again.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:05 pm

Room 1

- Luna -

Luna contemplated Alecia's words as she wrung the water from her second shirt, letting it drip and pool on the floor. "You seem to have some pretty informed opinions where Pierce is concerned." She threw the shirt over the back of the chair. "I also seem to recall you expecting him to remember you earlier. Care to share your personal experiences with the class?"

Now that she'd gotten her soaked clothes off, Luna was finally starting to warm up. Looking from one painting to the next, she contemplated the code. "L.V.R.M.V." She muttered. Las Meninas. Venus. Mona Lisa. Could it really be that simple?

"If the last room set a convention, then lining up the first letter of each print's name would be the code, right?"

Luna pulled the pen from her hair and scratched out the letters on a piece of paper laying on the desk.

"Assuming the painting we don't recognize is the R, the pass code would be 4-2-3-1-2. Could it really be that easy?"
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Jacke

Jacke frowns as the safe buzzes.

"Huh, though I was onto something..." he mutters.

He listens to Join talking about July as he pulls his handstand. Whilst he's not sure if doing that will help, he is quietly impressed with Join's ability to maintain that pose for as long as he does.

"I'm glad you seem to know about this stuff - I'm clueless about Roman mythology, haha. Maybe you're onto something with the 'beginning with S' idea. We could try that?" He looks at the safe again. "I wonder, is there a limit on the number of tries we have on this safe?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:26 am

Master Post

Room 1

Care to share...

Alecia blinked in surprise, not realizing anyone had been paying attention to that particular bit of conversation she'd shared with Pierce.

"Oh, that." She folded her arms and shrugged. "I was the prosecuting attorney in a case against one of Pierce's former employees, a charge of cyber terrorism in retaliation after his termination. Pierce, of course, served as one of the witnesses and a key testimony in the case. I would have thought he'd remember me after that, but... I guess he did have a lot on his mind at the time."

It was a strange coincidence to think they'd both ended up there, but... Well, everything about tonight was beyond strange.

Luna started to work up a cypher base on what they'd learned. Alecia stared at the cypher over her shoulder as Luna explained, but something felt off. It was the same gut instinct she had when evidence or a testimony didn't line up in court - something her subconscious had picked up on that her conscious mind just needed to catch up on.

"I think it makes sense that the names of the paintings like up with the given code, but..." She shook her head. "Just matching that to the painting number seems too obvious. I mean, why these paintings at all then? I don't think it's coincidence that these specific paintings were chosen."

She walked up to survey the paintings again, her eyes scanning over them. The Mona Lisa, sitting alone with that vague smile of hers. Venus emerging into existence, with the two winged figures watching over her and the maiden rushing forward to cloak her. The mysterious R painting, with the five girls dancing in a circle. And the precocious Las Meninas, doted on by her eight courtiers.

"What do they have in common, and what do they have different?" she murmured. Wait... could it be...?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Room 3

DLCHD. Daisy has eight petals. Lily has six petals. Clover has four petals. Hibiscus has five petals. Daisy again with eight."

Kenny nodded. It all added right in his estimation. Remy braced herself, then typed in the code.

The light turned green with a pleasant chime, and a noise like gears shifting sounded in the door.

"We got it!" Kenny cheered, giving a triumphant little hop. "Way to go, partner. And a little cheer for grandma, too!"

After a few moments, he turned to survey the White Room and grimaced.

"I think I've had enough of white for one night," he sighed, ruffling his hair. "I'm also excited to get back to the dingy foyer. Come on, let's go."

Smiling, he opened the door and peered into the black hallway. Leading the way, he waved Remy forward and disappeared into the darkness. The door shut behind them, and after a few moments of stumbling forward, they found another door and stepped into the familiar foyer layout.

"Well, it doesn't feel like I'm in an asylum anymore," Kenny chirped. "Just a slasher movie."

Glancing around at the monitors, he winced and folded his arms. "Sure hope we don't get any more surprise videos..."

Room 4

Cyrus entered the code 213 into the same, and with a pleasant little chime, the safe light turned green.

"Good," Pierce muttered, allowing a note of relief to color his voice.

Cyrus reached in and extricated a black sphere. New moon then. As he went to hang it up in its original place, Pierce spied a scrap of paper and removed it before shutting the safe. Holding it up, he peered at the notations. They looked like a bizarre cross between an equation and a pictogram.

1/x = O

The O was clearly a moon, drawn much in the same way as the ones hanging from the ceiling, with its pockmarks and valleys. There was one for each of the three phases that had already been hanging.

The last one for the new moon was different. It was simply x = O

With the last moon hung in place, Pierce handed over the paper to Cyrus and studied the moons.

Room 5

Morgan typed the passcode with shaking fingers, staring at the indicator light for a sign of success... or failure.

With a pleasant little chime, the light on the door panel turned green, and a noise like gears shifting sounded in the door. They were free.

[OOC: Go ahead out to the foyer. Kenny and Remy will be waiting]

================================================

Puzzle II: The White Rooms

Rules:

1) You only have three chances to enter the 5-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in the room.
2) Answers and clues can only be communicated IC. Keep it realistic.

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
"1" is the Mona Lisa
"2" is Botticelli's Venus
"3" is possibly one of Louis Janmot's Poem of the Soul pieces, a circle of five women
"4" is Las Meninas
The passcode is LVRMV

Room 2:
"1" is a white lion
"2" is a majestic white eagle
"3" is missing its model
"4" is a white shark
The passcode is TELLS

Room 3:
"1" is an eight-petal flower, possibly a daisy
"2" is a six petal flower
"3" is a four petal flower, possibly a clover
"4" is a five petal flower
The passcode is DLCHD - 86458

Room 4:
"1" is a half moon
"2" is a crescent moon
"3" is a full moon
"4" is a new moon
The passcode is CHFCN

Room 5:
"1" is a curving, feminine figure with both her arms missing. =
"2" is a powerfully built male figure, probably some Greek hero or god. It's head is in place.
"3" is the bust of a woman, an elegantly sculpted head with a tiara emerging from her curls
"4" is a winged figure in a billowing robe with both its head and its arms missing
The passcode is ZANAH - 02324

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:21 am

Yù zǐ shuǐjīng
Room 5 - Exit

"Great Rudolph!! Jingle my balls all the way!!" Yù zǐ chirped in delight, "We made it through."

The merry guy requested his companion to open the door so that the two of them could quickly get out of the trap room.

"Whew, let's get out before the reindeer changes it's mind."

~~~~
Yù zǐ shuǐjīng
Foyer

Yù zǐ would follow Morgan out of the room and hopefully end up in the waiting room where he would look about to see if they were the first team to make it out alive.

Upon noticing that by some unfortunate event, the smiling kid and that Remmy Chica were the ones to reach the first finish line before them, Yù zǐ would first greet them before moving on to observing their new surroundings.

"Oh, what do you know, the young one made it out too." Yù zǐ waved at them, "Hey, congrats to the both of you, we are so glad that you got through." he gave them a beaming smile.

The performer started taking in his surrounding and continued "Anything interesting happened in your room? Our eyes were subjected to some naked people with missing limbs. It was horrifying." He shuddered, his shoulders cramping up as he let out a wincing sound, "Oooeh"

"I hope you had it easy, I thought we would be done for after that first alarm upon the incorrect input, but eventually Morgan The Man got us through on our second try. I hope the others make it out too before the agreed upon time limit."
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus noted the change in color of Pierce's face as he pulled out the black colored sphere, representing the new moon. Wisely keeping his observation of the other man to himself, he took the sphere and walked over to already-hung moon phases, hooking it into the place that was formerly empty. Walking back to take a look at the complete set, Cyrus walked back to Pierce, faintly hoping this would be straight-forward from this point.

He was met with disappointment when we returned to join Pierce, being presented with a piece of paper that had been in the safe along with the model of the new moon. It bore a strange equation that he simply couldn't begin to wrap his head around. "...Perhaps the 1 refers to the half moon, the one labeled number one?" he spoke, for the most part thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Morgan (Room 5)

"Yes, it was right this time!" Morgan sighed in relief, as he fall back and leaned against one of the walls.  He felt like he hadn't breathed this entire time, and he could finally relax a bit knowing that this room was finally.....

"Great Rudolph!! Jingle my balls all the way!!"

"What?" Morgan blurted out, as he suddenly shot up from leaning on the wall and stood straight up at attention and stared at Yu Zi with complete bafflement .  Though, slowly a smile being to appear on Morgan's face as he began chuckling with him covering his mouth with his face turning red... ashamed that he actually found it humorous in 'this situation.

"Sure sure, if I can see a one horse open sleigh again that'd be great." Morgan replied to Yu Zi's latter comment waving his hands at the singer, as he quickly walked out through the hallway towards the foyer.

---
Foyer

Morgan noticed that Remmy and Kenny had finished before them as he spotted them standing outside in the room.  In that instant, Morgan's good mood vanished, as he quickly reverted back to his more serious and mysterious demeanor, covering his face with his hood so it was barely visible.  He let himself get too lax around Yu Zi, and he couldn't afford to do that around these two.

"It was some famous statues of gods, pretty fitting.." Morgan slowly lifted his head slightly so they could make out his facial expression that revealed a slight warm smile, as he clarified the whole 'naked statues' bit. Yu Zi made it sound a lot more horrifying then it actually was.... and with Yu Zi's video being aired... it probably would get off some 'other' ideas that he'd rather not be associated with.

"Yes I'm glad you two made it out of your room, I hope you weren't waiting long."  Morgan stated, as he couldn't help but slowly turn his gaze towards one of the clocks in the foyer noting the time for reference as he said half paying attention, "Anything interesting on your end?  The statues we saw were based off Zeus, Aphrodite, Hera, and Nike... nothing that seemed to clue us in on what's going on in this place."

"Ah please Yu Zi! You were the one who noticed the common thread in those statues, I can't take all the credit." Morgan responded with a warm smile to Yu Zi's compliment.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am

Room 1

- Luna -

"Hmm... It sounded like more than that earlier." Luna mused as she took another look at the paintings. The first puzzle had been oddly simple. That much was true. Did that mean it had been designed to lure them into a false sense of security?

"Are you sure there wasn't some spicy bedroom tryst that you're glossing over here? The two of you seemed particularly combustible earlier, when we were discussing options."

What was different about the prints? They were in black and white, which was weird to Luna, but no one else would probably think that. So, it had to be something about the paintings themselves.

"They're all paintings of people!" She finally exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Room 3 to Foyer

- Remy -

"Oh thank goodness," Remy breathed a sigh of relief when the light turned green and the door opened.

"We rock!" she said and offered him a high five as they walked out of the room.

They walked through the dark hallway and Remy shuddered when the blackness engulfed them. She didn't want to imagine who or what might be watching them. Finally they found the door into the foyer.

Kenny was right, the familiar layout did provide some comfort, albeit not much.

With a slightly worried look, she glanced at the monitors.

Before she could reply, Yu Zi and Morgan walked through the door.

For some reason, Yu Zi was overly cheerful.

"We also had one missed try," Remy replied calmly. "We had flower frames in our room, but they were painted completely black."

"No, I didn't notice anything important that could be a clue," Remy added, "and we've only been here maybe 30 seconds."
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Jacke

As Jacke considered the puzzle for longer, he began to doubt his earlier agreement with Join. The more he thought about it, the more convoluted the reasoning behind that answer became. He ran his hands through his hair in frustration, looking around the room once again. His eyes fell on the statue of the eagle.

"Hey Join... you mentioned July being related to the Romans right? Aren't eagles sorta associated with them? Like, you see them on all their shields and banners and stuff..."

Jacke points to the statue of the eagle.

"Do you think maybe that has something to do with the answer? Maybe the answer is 2, the number on the pedestal? Should we try it?"
Back to top Go down
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:45 am

Join doesn't remember to much from school, but he does know about the roman Colosseum those people knew what a fight was, he admired skilled fighters. Maybe Jacke was on to something with the eagles but didn't they use a lion or was that in movies only?

"I agree with that, if that doesn't work we should try 1 next since Romans I believe used lions in the Colosseum as well."

Join continued to sit thinking if July had to do with something else, maybe a zodiac sign? but he never cared about that stuff.

"what about zodiac signs? Aren't they based on animals as well, maybe that might be the missing one for the statue maybe?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Master Post

Foyer

Kenny beamed as Yu zi and Morgan stepped out into the foyer, but his relief vanished like a puff of smoke a moment later when Yu zi’s quip implied he hadn’t expected Kenny to make it through alive.

“Uh... yeah,” Kenny murmured, ruffling his hair. “Thanks.”

Yu zi then began to chat about their puzzle, involving...

“Oh my god, seriously?” Kenny cried out, clapping a hand to his mouth. Naked people with missing limbs? What had they done to deserve that when all he and Remy dealt with were dried flowers?

Fortunately, Morgan clarified the situation a moment later, and Kenny shook his head in both relief and disgust.

“Dude, why would you phrase it like that?” he muttered. Yu zi seriously had a twisted sense of humor.

Fortunately, Remy took control of the situation, explaining their puzzle room while Kenny hung back a bit. Yu zi definitely seemed to unsettle him.

"I hope the others are all right,” he murmured.

Room 1

Luna mulled over the information Alecia had provided while she inspected the paintings. Just when she had her brainwave and turned to share, Luna leveled her with a look.

“Are you sure there wasn't some spicy bedroom tryst that you're glossing over here? The two of you seemed particularly combustible earlier, when we were discussing options."

Alecia’s face flushed red. “W-what? No, of course not. I’m a professional.”

She shook her head and looked back at the pictures. Right, where was she...

"They're all paintings of people!" Luna fexclaimed.

Yes, right, that’s what it was. “And,” Alecia added, “different numbers of people in each picture. The Mona Lisa is obviously 1. Venus has 4. The dancing girls are 5, and Las Meninas has 9.”

The two of them approached the keypad on the escape door and looked down at it.

“LVRMV,” Alecia repeated. “You want to do the honors?”

Room 4

Pierce nodded to himself as he studied the moons.

1/x = moon, except where x = new moon. It made sense.

Cyrus handed him back the paper, confusion written all over his gormless face. "...Perhaps the 1 refers to the half moon, the one labeled number one?" he suggested.

“It’s a fraction,” Pierce said impatiently, tugging the paper from Cyrus’ fingers. “HALF moon wasn’t obvious enough? 1/2. The full moon is whole... so 1/1, or just 1. If the full moon is full, then the new moon is empty, thus zero. It’s also the only one not to be a fraction, since 1/0 can’t exist.”

God, did he have to do everything here? Maybe a change in partners was in order next round. He needed to find someone that could actually help him survive this night, not someone he would have to drag around like a weight.

“That leaves the crescent moon,” he murmured after a few moments. “Hard to say exactly, but....”

Oh, yes, that must be it. He snapped his fingers. “That phase isn’t just a crescent moon. It’s a quarter moon. One of the main phases. So that ones 1/4.”

Leading the way over to the pannel, Pierce surveyed the code once more. CHFCN.

“Can you enter it?” Pierce asked, folding his arms. “Or do I need to spell out everything?”

Rules:

1) You only have three chances to enter the 5-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in the room.

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
"1" is the Mona Lisa
"3" is possibly one of Louis Janmot's Poem of the Soul pieces, a circle of five women
"4" is Las Meninas
The passcode is LVRMV

Room 2:
"1" is a white lion
"3" is missing its model
"4" is a white shark
The passcode is TELLS

Room 3:

Room 4:
"1" is a half moon
"2" is a crescent moon
"3" is a full moon
"4" is a new moon
The passcode is CHFCN

Room 5:
"2" is a powerfully built male figure, probably some Greek hero or god. It's head is in place.
"3" is the bust of a woman, an elegantly sculpted head with a tiara emerging from her curls
"4" is a winged figure in a billowing robe with both its head and its arms missing

Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:15 am

Jacke

Jacke nods in response to Join.

"Sure, we can give that a shot if this doesn't work. As for zodiac signs... I can't really say much cos I don't know much about them."

With an agreement from Join made, Jacke enters '2' into the keypad for the safe.

"Here's hoping we're on the right track..."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:22 am

Room 2

Another flash of red on the keypad, and another harsh buzzing indicated that Jacke and Join’s second attempt was no more successful than their first.

If they didn’t get it on the third attempt... they’d have to solve the puzzle with a piece missing. Would they even stand a chance?

Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus ground his head as hard as he possibly could. He could almost feel the gears in his head turn, or perhaps that was just throbbing from over-exerting himself. He was by no means an idiot, but mathematics tended to go right over his head. It was simply not his element.

When Pierce decided to share his deductions and spare Cyrus and perhaps more importantly, himself, the torment of waiting any longer in the room, a look of understanding colored his face. He'd gone and over thought the whole thing again. The answer was actually quite simple now that it was laid out before him. Walking over to the keypad, he punched the numbers in carefully, one by one.

4-2-1-4-0
Back to top Go down
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:42 pm

OOOOOHHHHH NOOOOO!

Join, yelled as he put his hands on his face.
Spoiler:

"Well might as well try 1 now, got nothing else to lose..." Join tried to sound optimistic, but he knew that if they can't figure this out it could spell out something grim for the both of them.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 am

Room 1

- Luna -

Luna rolled her eyes at Alecia's response. "You can be a professional and still have a little fun. Besides, he's hot... And rich. Personality is still questionable, but I wouldn't write him off entirely for decisions made under duress."

Before she could follow the rabbit trail too far, Alecia extended her comment about the paintings. Glancing around the room, she did the conversions in her head. "9-4-5-1-4."

Luna glanced at the keypad before turning back towards the chair and shrugging off Pierce's coat. "You do it. I need to pull these back on and see if I'm at least somewhat presentable again." Grabbing her still soggy shirt, she pulled it over her head. Unfortunately, the white was almost entirely transparent, but at least it wasn't as cold now. Besides, the second shirt would cover up anything she didn't want the others to see. With a frown, Luna reached for that one as well.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:06 pm

Jacke

"Dammit," Jacke curses as the safe rejects the number, before jumping at Join's exclamation.

"This is not looking good, Join..." Beads of sweat roll down Jacke's forehead as he realises just how close they are to death the pair might be.

"Uh, sure, let's try '1'," he agrees, entering '1' into the safe and crossing his fingers, hoping that Join is right on the mark.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:49 am

Master Post

Room 1

Alecia couldn't help but chuckle at Luna's retort to her professionalism defense.

"That's a liberating perspective," she mused. Hot and rich... well, she wouldn't necessarily argue that.

"Sounds like maybe you should be pursuing him then," she said quickly, making a pointed look at Pierce's suit jacket still wrapped around the other woman.

Alecia turned away as Luna occupied herself with changing back into her clothes. After a moment, she had to laugh.

"You know, it's funny. This is the first 'girl talk' I've had in years, and it's in a life-or-death escape room. Life's nothing if not predictable, isn't it?"

A bittersweet smile flitted across her lips as she busied herself with entering the code.

"9-4-5-1-4," she muttered, carefully pressing each button in turn.

With a pleasant little chime, the light on the door panel turned green, and a noise like gears shifting sounded in the door. Alecia's heart soared, and a wide smile spread across her face.

"We got it!" she exclaimed.

Throwing open the door before it could do anything like lock up again, Alecia peered into the dark hallway. Well, it was hardly inviting, but it was still a welcome escape from the maddening white of this room.

"Let's get out of here," she said as Luna joined her. Together, they headed into the dark.

[OOC: Payne, in your post, you can have them arrive in the foyer.]

Room 2

Jacke entered the number "1" into the safe. After a moment that felt like eternity, the light on the door panel turned green with a pleasant little chime.

Jacke and Join opened the safe and peered inside. Seated within was the model of a large spider.

Room 4

Well, Cyrus might not be the brightest bulb, but at least he had the humility to stay silent and enter the code as dictated.

With a pleasant little chime, the light on the door panel turned green, and a noise like gears shifting sounded in the door.

"Heh." Pierce allowed himself a smile as he threw the door open. Well, thanks to him, they'd made it out after all.

Cyrus made a movement to head into the hallway when Pierce threw an arm out in his path.

"Things might go downhill quickly with each puzzle room," he said. "Who knows what surprises Goatman has for all of us. If it comes down to picking sides, I hope your memory is better than your math and you remember who got us out of here."

He probably could have phrased that more diplomatically, but it didn't really matter. Either Cyrus had the sense to know who the survivors were here or he didn't.

[OOC: Spirit, you can take us into the foyer and join the others.]

Rules:

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
"1" is the Mona Lisa
"4" is Las Meninas
The passcode is LVRMV - 94514

Room 2:
"1" is a white lion
"3" is missing its model
"4" is a white shark
The passcode is TELLS

Room 3:

Room 4:
"1" is a half moon
"2" is a crescent moon
"3" is a full moon
"4" is a new moon
The passcode is CHFCN - 42140

Room 5:

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 am

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus held Pierce's gaze fora moment, before moving through without a word. Pierce might have been more intelligent, that was fact, but it didn't meant he was an idiot. He'd gotten them out of there, that didn't meant it was suddenly time to make a 180 and start trusting the old fox. Cyrus carefully made his way through the hallway and entered the foyer, finding others already there waiting.

Taking a glance around, he spoke. "Glad you're all in one piece. Are we only missing 4 now?"
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:21 pm

- Remy -

Remy had been nervously glancing at her watch and back to the door that lead to the long hallway. The others seemed to be taking very long.

Conversation between them had seized at some point, but the silence was even worse.

Remy jumped up from her seat and started pacing up and down. She'd never been good at waiting for something.

Suddenly the door opened and Cyrus and Pierce walked in.

She let out a long sigh of relief.

"Oh thank goodness you made it," she said. "We were almost out of time."

Finally she nodded. "Yes, we're still waiting on Luna and Alecia from Room 1 and Jacke and Join from Room 2."

There was a short pause.

"How was your room?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 6 Clock11

Back to top Go down

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next