Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat

Go down 
+3
madarrao
Shadow-Heart
Prisma*Illya
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:36 pm

eh that smoke monster is basically a lost civilization using Steam Punk technology Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 2120966141

The secrets of the Island is Lost Steam Technology Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 142249227
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:13 pm

....no. Not at all. Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 2332200876

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:17 pm

volcanic monster covered with ash Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 2733086858
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:24 pm

NO. >.> It's literally smoke.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:38 pm

but where's the monster part Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 155061061
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 pm

It's alive? And it slaughters people?

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:26 pm

so its a sentient cloud of smoke?

this sounding like Leiv's Killing Fog Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 8cLKkVv
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:41 pm

I wonder if I'd survive if I ship/plane wrecked on an island.

Probably not...

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:43 pm

depending on the abundance of food and water supply. Also if you are to replenish it. Aaand if you don't mind being alone... then yeah. But if you are one of those social types that thrive on company then you'll die a mental death than a hungry one XD
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Oh, I could deal with the loneliness. I think the bigger issue would be sustenance. I don't think I'd have the stomach to hunt, and I know I'd have trouble drinking fresh water without wondering what microscopic organisms were in it.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:39 pm

my only issue will be while sleeping.
Maybe one could use the crashed plane but outdoors. 
first: Temperature
second: Noise
Third: protection
fourth: Bugs.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:54 pm

All true lol.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:56 pm

i love how all of you forget about the biggest issue, and that is to not get ill from bacteria in water or food poison from eating the wrong fruit or animal or ill from a bug bite. Health is the biggest issue when away from modern society, your body is simply not used to being bombarded by so many bacterias and viruses.

there's a reason why so many guides in survival don't go in depth about this. There's nothing you can do about it, you just hope your body is strong enough and doesnt die on itself.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
and I know I'd have trouble drinking fresh water without wondering what microscopic organisms were in it.

You were saying? Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 2332200876

But like you said, there's not much you can do about it. Maybe build a fire and try to boil the water, but that's not always practical or even possible depending on materials at hand. Meat you can at least cook, but you can't do anything about insects.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:33 pm

actually, i take that back, the worst part would be starting a fire. I have no idea how to start an actual fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:04 pm

hey illya you should read about the Mouse Utopia Experiment. It's terrifying D:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Well, you rub the sticks together, and the friction causes heat. The heat on the dry wood causes flames. In theory, anyway. I've never tried it.

Mouse Utopia Experiment? :/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:40 pm

A scientist did an experiment with mouses and rats to see the consequences of overpopulation. The mice had infinite food, infinite water, no predators and no weather conditions. The only thing they did hadn't was space. They had a limited a space to work with. Thus called the Mouse Utopia Experiment.

The first few weeks, everything when as expected. The population rised drasticaly. However between day 300 and something and 600, the population growth halted. The mouse civilization started to fall apart into extinction.

Quote :
This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior. Among the aberrations in behavior were the following: expulsion of young before weaning was complete, wounding of young, increase in homosexual behavior, inability of dominant males to maintain the defense of their territory and females, aggressive behavior of females, passivity of non-dominant males with increased attacks on each other which were not defended against.[2] After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed “the beautiful ones.” Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed.

The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the population.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:50 pm

That doesn't surprise me at all. Interesting experiment though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:54 pm

it's becoming a recent topic because of the alarming rise of feminazi in america and the increase of overall apatic men and women in society.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:59 pm

To be fair, I would say there still isn't exactly perfect equality between women and men. Women lobbying for feminist topics aren't necessarily "feminazis." On the other hand, I do find it alarming the extent to which people will become enraged and perceived slights and inequality. People seem to throw out the term "cis het white male" as though it's something dirty.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:07 pm

but equality doesnt exist. Women and men are differant, that why we can them differant names. Why we have differant bioligies. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in for equal opportunity, that's a differant concept all together. However I don't understand where this hate towards men come from.

yeah, back in the days men treated women like objects. Except, that that's not true, that only started during the Victorian era when the notion of the "proper lady" began. Before that women were treated like treasure. A man was just a pawn, a soldier to fight for his village, if the man died there were plenty of more where they came from. If a woman died, it could lead to the population dropping significantly.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Oh, I agree. I mean, I have no problem admitting that men are sometimes better at some things, and women are sometimes better at others. While I don't think we have to force ourselves into boxes, these boxes usually come from a place of at least partial truth. I believe if a man and woman are doing the same job, they should get the same pay (for something like an office job). In a construction job, however, it would probably make sense that a man gets more pay, as they are likely to be stronger.

And equality doesn't mean ripping people down. Treating men badly and criticizing them doesn't improve the position of women. Bad-mouthing white people or straight people for getting roles doesn't help minorities. Instead of complaining and protesting, go make your own story and star them if you like. And I really dislike this wave of taking existing white characters or straight characters and changing them to something else. Not because I really care about the canon, but because that's basically saying you can't trust yourself to make a good enough minority character from scratch. Therefore, you have to take an established character and just change them.

Also, equality is a double-edged sword. If women want equal pay and such, they should stop expecting the niceties that come from being "inferior." Men used to pay on dates because women either didn't work or had a lot less income. If women are making as much or even more than men, they should stop expecting preferential treatment.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat   Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat - Page 11 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 23: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Chat
Page 11 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next