Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation

Go down 
+2
Nexius
Payne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:29 pm

I think your personal insight is quite effective.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:50 am

Well, I watched the first episode of Jekyll and Hyde. I'll admit to being intrigued enough at where this is going to keep watching, but it hasn't quite sucked me in. I don't particularly like any of the characters (except Jekyll's adoptive family), the romance did absolutely nothing for me, and a lot of the acting is... I don't know. It's not good, but not bad. It kind of falls into this uncanny valley where I can't quite put my finger on it.

I think the worst part is that I don't particularly like the main character. Robert Jekyll is kind of bland at best, and his Hyde self is an absolute tool.

But yeah, I'll still admit to being somewhat curious, so I'll go for another episode. Also, this is quite possibly one of the most disturbing monsters I've ever seen.

Spoiler:

Like... what the actual hell. Blegh.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:05 am

I believe it's supposed to be a hell hound but with a humanoid face. They call it a harbinger so most likely a low-level demon Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 3680231627  seemed fine to me.

And yeah the acting does feel at time, somewhat.. strange :?
I would want to see more of the new MIO recruit. He seems somewhat ... normal Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 3694477269 
I'll also give it a few episodes and hopefully it'll pick up pace. (I've Only watched 2 episodes).

R.Jekyl, I think he just needs to get out of his timid shell. That should happen as he finds more about himself. Some Soul searching or something :/
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Yeah, I assumed harbingers were some kind of demon. Despite how absolutely, terrifyingly fugly they are, they went down pretty easily though. One good bullet.

Possibly. I just think there isn't anything particularly interesting about him as a person. Compare to someone like Constantine, who jumps immediately at you. He's snarky and kind of a jerk, but has a heart of gold. He's clever and good at what he does, but with the rising darkness in play, he's still on a learning curve. Makes him interesting and accessible.

The only thing Jekyll really has going for him are the questions of who am I and what is wrong with me? We knew the first one right off the bat, so we aren't figuring out the mystery with the character. As to the second one... what he is happens to be a raging douchebag. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 2332200876

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:35 pm

on the topic of Jekyll and Hyde,yay time for more new servant arts from FGO

these are the ones you should be able to tell, illya:

these are Tesla, Babbage and Arturia Lancer:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:15 pm

....Tesla is an Archer? And who is Babbage?

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:38 pm

because he "shoots" lightning???

Babbage is the inventor of the computer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbage

dunno why he`s a steampunk mecha

also

solomon,the villain:

also, a cameo, guess who.:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Babbage is the guy that created the first computer

and holy **** it's Zouken!
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:15 pm

That's stupid. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 2332200876 "Shoots" lightning. Pssh.

Really? The guy who invented the computer? God, everyone can be a Servant now...

King Solomon is the game's villain?

Yeah, does look like young Zouken.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:18 pm

considering current society is completly dependent on computers, Babbage isn't just anyone

no another character has the name Solomon. although it's probably a referance
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 pm

well, the final bosses so far have been Flauros and Forneus(2 of Solomon`s demon) and the MC outright ask David why is Solomon doing this, David`s answer is i dont know,why would i know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:47 pm

so wait. it's actually King Solomon?
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:57 pm

thats been the implication so far,

even in the tutorial you were told that Chaldea summoned 3 heroic spirits, the first got taken by Lev Rhynolds Flauros(or took Flauros with him), the 2nd fused with Mashu and the 3rd is Da Vinci
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:40 pm

also, apparently, in the long tradition of the Fuyuki grail war being used as a copy for everyone`s grail war,the Fuyuki grail was is itself a watered down copy of a system to summon seven heroes to fight off threats to humanity(like that specific threat to humanity we know takes exactly 7 heroes to beat/contain)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:55 pm

madarrao wrote:
also, apparently, in the long tradition of the Fuyuki grail war being used as a copy for everyone`s grail war,the Fuyuki grail was is itself a watered down copy of a system to summon seven heroes to fight off threats to humanity(like that specific threat to humanity we know takes exactly 7 heroes to beat/contain)

you mean Primate Murder?
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:03 pm

yeah,him

that explains why the terrifying Primate Murder takes exactly the Grail War amount of servants,when other mythological creatures can take on 100 heroes at once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 pm

madarrao wrote:
yeah,him

that explains why the terrifying Primate Murder takes exactly the Grail War amount of servants,when other mythological creatures can take on 100 heroes at once.

Quote :
mythological creatures can take on 100 heroes at once

where does this come from?
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:17 pm

from an entry on Tamamo, supposedly 9 Tail Fox Tamamo can take on 100 heroes at once...

still, she was killed by 1 enchanted arrow(Enchanted by Abe no Seimei),so people just assumed it was home nation wank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:20 pm

do not compare 9 tail fox tamamo with other mythological monsters. She's one of the most powerful monsters in japanese folklore
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:24 pm

well apparently the NR 1 most likely to destroy the world vampire-like creature is 13 times less powerful than most powerful monster in japanese folklore.

then again, unlike Tamamo, Primate might be harder to kill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:30 pm

also you forget that Tamamo in the nasuverse is a part of a goddess. that makes her pretty big.

Also another thing about her death. Tamamo was pretty much defending herself to survive as she had no real intention to go all out. Which is why she get's killed so easily. I rather doubt Primate Murder would do the same.

notice that both have differant words

its takes 7 heroes to contain Primate Murder

Tamamo can take on 100 heroes

both phrases have differant meanings

it would be the same has "Gilgamesh can beat any hero" only to see him lose to Saber
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:15 am

Solomon can summon himself from the Throne so he has every right to claim being the strongest magician.
Solomon calls and claims himself "one of seven Grand Servants", even his class names him as "Grand Caster". Grand is official servant class by the way.
Grand Servants are strongest Heroic Spirits that they can surpass any overpowered normal servant. (i.e Gilgamesh)
FIXED: Grand Servants have purpose: They were summoned to defeat a threat against humanity, just like what xephfyre says . (Explanation of why everyone thinks it's PM and Type but no confirmation about that due to Andersen grasps Solomon's nature): https://imgur.com/a/eJS68.
Look at any official art which you can see huge black-hole/moon look alike, that was Ars Amadeus Solomon.
Solomon disgusts how humanity still has not surpassed death yet. He decides to summon himself so he can screw it up everything.
Apparently he can destroy the world multiples times all he wants but one of his dialogue implies he still intrigues how humanity hasn't surpassed death according to his expectation. And NO, there is no such thing as people died when they were killed.
Solomon were bored easily while fighting protagonist team, they weren't entertaining enough for him. EXCEPT ANDERSEN, WHO INSULTS HIM. Also he didn't show his true potential yet at this point. Thinks this is sort of Final boss preview. (Thanks to his catchphrase IIZO IIZO whenever he actives one of his skill, makes a new meme mutation for FGO fanbase. NEED THAT AUDIO CLIP).
How ironic, even David says IIZO IIZO. \FACEPALM/
Solomon has NP but instead, he uses generic blackhole. (Make sense because he is unplayable servant and no info about his card attack layout and etc).
Solomon eliminates Shakespeare, Andersen (After he insulted him), Kintoki and Tamamo. No word whether they were killed for real or not.
Thanks to Solomon as he confirms seven Grand Servants actually exist, according to data mining there is a new servant called "Grand Saber". Grand Saber was voiced by Ayako Kawasumi, who voices all Arturias. However, Grand Saber's real identity hasn't revealed yet though.
Kintoki & Tamamo were working together with Tesla because they were planning to go next stage. Next stage is obviously E Pluribus Unum, American Revolution War. After that, both fight him off-screen. After Tesla fight, both join protagonist team (Both are remain unplayable in story mode until Solomon eliminates them that is)
Speaking of that, this chapter's theme is pretty much screams Knight vs Mad Scientist theme, next chapter? America servants vs Asia servants. Judging how many Japanese, India & Chinese historical figures are there according to data mining and why Tesla, Kintoki & Tamamo want to go that stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:45 am

So, from what I understand

The Real Holy Grail System didn't summon 7 random heroes. but rather it summoned 7 of the most powerful heroes. Which were Grand Saber, Grand Lancer, Grand Archer, Grand Assassin, Grand Caster, Grand Rider and Grand Berserker.

This system were used to stop beings whose power levels seem comparable to that of Types. Which seems outlandish but not impossible.

Grand Caster Solomon seems capable to destroy the world and seems completly uncaring about fighting other Servants, so power level wise, it doesn't seem impossible that 7 of these would stop a Type
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:08 pm

where do you get your info from jorg? Reddit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:18 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 40 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation
Page 40 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next