Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation

Go down 
+2
Nexius
Payne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:53 pm

Huh. Interesting.

Prisma Illya has some very interesting ideas, but it's a little too convoluted for me.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:15 pm

id say just watch the anime... although it wont get this far next year, or probably the one after that...

you do watch the anime right? at least to see Bazett punch the **** out of Gil

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Nope, haven't seen it outside the first few episodes.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:45 am

hi
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:49 am

Hi. :0

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:59 am

hmmmm need to start my frankestein essey
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:03 pm

I thought you wrote that?

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:08 pm

no, i did the presentation which was a seperate thing. now I have to write it. I'm just getting the mood right. I was going to start yesterday, but I got really sick so I didn't have the patience
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:43 pm

gosh I got 3 employee sick-leave request letters today Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 1494320738
is this a global thing now :/

"We wish you a speedy recovery"... yeah Copy paste works just fine XD
no really I hope you get better  or get a valid excuse to not work on essay as per the Doc's recommendation of X-Days of rest : D
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Oh, I see. :0 What do you have to write about?

You make people work on Sunday? Geez, you guys are slave drivers. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 2332200876

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:38 pm

i'm questioning between two options that I presented myself

option 1: Make a regular essay that talks about my previous goal with Frankestein work built through research and neutral opinion

option 2: Make a less "professional" essay that talks about the journey of Frankestein, the conclusions taken from it and the personal reasons behind such journey and conclusion

one is a more "mechanical" work that feels more forced but more "usual"

the other one is a more "natural" work that feels more personal but perharps too personal
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:52 pm

I'd go with the more personal option. The passion is going to show, and it's going to be a better work for it.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:55 pm

that's what I was leaning on the most. I also feel like it's the one that will be more in depth, which is always a plus
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Indeed. Let me see it when you're done, kay? Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 4134108735

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:46 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:30 pm

So, what else? :0

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:55 pm

I don't know if what I'm writting is good for an essay D:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Why not? :0

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:32 pm

here's the first draft I did. Yes I know it's short, but that's why it's a draft

Quote :

Journey of Intentions

There is no better title to describe the process that I overtook of analyzing and dissecting Frankenstein. This work which left in me a stronger sensation than I would have never desired was a pure rollercoaster of attempts to discover which way I should tackle it. Perhaps that’s why I chose it to be this way. Not to tackle it on an angle, but to show it for what I believed it to be. Intention, even when I started this I threw this word around quite boldly. First looking for a religious intention where Mary Shelley made comparisons with a Monster and a Human. For a rebellious intention, where she stood opposite to the romantic beliefs. I even at one point brainwashed myself that she had indeed created this story with full intention of the Creature being an evil character. I kept of switching back and forth through multiple angles which only kept on increasing in number the more in depth I thought about. There was even a moment where I felt I was going mad as I soon saw many old sighs of depression resurface in me as I tried to understand the story and more specifically the Creature. I had to take a break and as Christmas passed I felt that I was mentally healthy again to finish this. That’s when I realized, or perhaps it’s best said, that’s when I admitted to my overall frustration with Frankenstein and the Creature. Here I will bring the conclusion that I found and that I so stubbornly rejected out of the need to prove myself better than the Creature.

Out of a need to find logic in the work Frankenstein many people have done works and essays to reach to their conclusions about this work. While I will not reject them since the people behind them have far better experience and knowledge than me or at least I hope so. I will nonetheless voice my opinion, my own conclusion, even if it’s entirely based around my own experience and how I saw myself in Frankenstein.

Throughout this work I hated the Creature, I absolutely loathed it. While I was perfectly content with its learning process by observing the De Lay family and even its failed attempts in companionship with De Lay. It was what transpired afterword that caused my hatred towards it to grow endlessly. By the end of the novel I had to stop myself not only to breathe and prevent myself from breaking something, but more importantly to refute that which the Creature stated to defend itself. I didn’t refute it out of fun or pleasure, but rather by instinct, I had to refute it or I would lose to it.

This brings the truth of what I saw from the Creature as I read this work. Just like the Creature was Frankenstein’s monster, the Creature was also my own monster, the side of me that wished nothing but to see others suffers as much as I believed myself to have suffered. I saw the Creature as the depression that for 5 years made me lose hope and almost commit suicide multiple times. That’s why I hated the creature, why I blamed everything, even its existence. The Creature reminded me of what I could have become should I have made the wrong choice. That is not to say that I believed the Creature to be an evil or malicious being. But rather that every cruelty that it committed were its own decisions. And yes, of course there are reasons and circumstances behind its decisions; however the one who made the last call, the one who said yes or no, was the Creature alone.

That is not saying that I don’t see the Creature as a victim, or that I don’t understand it. Quite the contrary, I feel that if I didn’t understand him so much I probably would like him. But because I understand the position of feeling alone, I understand the need for other’s companionship even when one believes themselves worthless and I even understand the desire to make others suffer. I feel like I know the Creature too much. And knowing what Mary Shelley went through I can see where the Creature’s inspiration comes from.

Seeing as depression alone in a mental state and not an actual mental deficiency, it would not surprise me if Mary Shelley at one point in her life time would have fallen into depression, especially considering her first child loss. I defend that the Creature is the manifestation of the hopelessness and despair found in depression. But I do not defend it to be an intentional input from Mary Shelley, but rather an unconscious influence of a terrible experience that she conveyed as she wrote about a being becoming a monster.

I do not have the experience of a literature author neither the credit of one, but in my own way I have experience in building of worlds and characters, and when making them there is never a pure intention behind them outside of their own existence. But when I look back at them after their creation, I can find all these strange reasons and meanings behind them which at the time of their creation where not only important to me but also obvious and as such there was no need for an intention for them. I believe that the same applies here. Mary Shelley didn’t create the Creature as the manifestation of depression or of the death of her child or neglect or any of those, but rather the Creature was the chimera of everything that Mary Shelley felt important to her when creating it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Jorg... Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 4134108735

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:00 pm

yes?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:18 pm

It's very good. Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 4134108735

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:22 pm

hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:47 pm

What? :0

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:56 pm

i don't know. I'm not confident. I never did something like this and all the other ones I see use external works as references. Which I lack and quite frankly see no point in using
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation   Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation - Page 39 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 21: Chats and Recreation
Page 39 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next