Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Really? You want to hug a murderous bondage queen?

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 pm

no, i havent watched it yet, i havent been in the mood yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:33 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:

yes :<

just like I want to hug Charlotte's problems away
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:41 pm

Hmm, I see. Btw, can you put those pics in spoilers?

Well, Charlie is a different case. Ad Mary showed, you actually can solve her problems with a hug lol. And we see her before the descent into madness, so we know there's goodness there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:43 pm

I only liked Carmila after i knew her background :<
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:

I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe... DX
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:55 pm

I don't think you can contrive a backstory that would make Carmilla sympathetic. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 2332200876

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 4276320252

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:17 pm

She's not sympathetic :0

She's naive, selfish and sadistic. She regrets what she did but aknowledges that she enjoyed it nevertheless, so there's no point in changing. Her interlude is literally throwing you(her master) into her castle and have you play her 'game', which I forget how it went, but it was something she would supposadly to the girls she captured. Something like, 8 would be killed, 1 would be a pet and 1 would be set free. Her wish is still for eternal beauty and to return to her noble life.

I like her because of her attitude "I was stupid for thinking that would grant me eternal beauty, but whatever now is too late too look back." It makes her a compeling character
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Well, it makes her a terrifyingly amoral psychopath. Compelling... I dunno. She certainly isn't flat, but acknowledge the foolishness of past actions doesn't necessarily make one complex or interesting. And it DEFINITELY doesn't warrant a hug. >.>

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:25 pm

8 were killed, 1 was kept as a pet till the next batch and 1 would be left to "try to escape" the odds of escape are supposedly 1 out of 1000
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well, it makes her a terrifyingly amoral psychopath. Compelling... I dunno. She certainly isn't flat, but acknowledge the foolishness of past actions doesn't necessarily make one complex or interesting. And it DEFINITELY  doesn't warrant a hug. >.>

well I wouldn't expect you to understand lol

I wont go in depth, since there's no point. Understading this requires one to have gone through similar. But there's a part of me that understands her position. That position of apathy after realizing you've ****ed up and the self-loathing one harbors. She's not someone that you or me would care or even shed a tear in real life. But as a character, in my eyes she is disturbingly realistic.

NOTE: I like her character, I think that she's lovable because I know the hole she's put herself in and thus want to hug her and show the way out. That is it. That does not mean that if she was real that I would be doing the same.

Remember I love making characters. So there's a differance between me liking a character and me liking a person.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:02 pm

I see. Well, like you said, I have trouble sympathizing. It's not bragging when I say I can't think of any times I've majorly screwed up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:16 pm

that's why I'm better at making villains :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Lol. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 4276320252

Oh my god, The Gift. Holy crap, what a movie.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Btw, since you're so good with making villains (Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 4276320252), maybe you can help me with a question I have about one of the characters from my books.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:39 am

sure :v
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 am

So, as I explained in the book, each of the main members of the coven has a reason for pursuing power.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Geez, Jorg. Even when you don't respond to me, just voicing the problem to you brings my mind to the solution. You're my lucky charm. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 4134108735

Exert from book 2:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:35 pm

hmmm, you're getting there but not enough.

Most people will understand that feeling of stagnation and the desire to find meaning in a world where, even if you're at the top, it just doesn't seem to care about you.

I don't know what type of personality you want him to have. But perharps instead of having him say
Quote :
"But a world where the strongest survive is a world of struggle without end. No obligations, no morals, no rules. Just the struggle. That is the purest reality we can reach."

you could have him say something to transmite the message of chaostic. Something like, ultimatly he wants to find meaning, but he's reached a point where he's just enjoying the ride to chaos.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Well, I see it as he can only see meaning IN chaos, in struggle. In other words, it's a very extreme variation of the idea that the journey is what matters, not the destination.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm

if that's what you want to transmite, that doesn't seem the end result. From what was written, it felt more like he lacked meaning and saw this as an opportunity to find it. Not that he only hold meaning in chaos.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Exactly. He lacks meaning now because there is no struggle in his life. When he was trying to build his own business and give his deceased father the middle finger, he found purpose and meaning. Once he achieved all he set out to do, he felt empty. The struggle was the meaning. In a world where only the strong survive, however, life will be a constant struggle. There's no worry of stagnation.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:03 pm

i see :0
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:26 pm

So, does he seem more interesting now? He's come alive a little more to me. Makes much more sense given the direction I wanted to take him in book 3.

Anyway, I should be finished with my edits today. I'll probably give them a break for the rest of the day once I finish, then give it all a read-over to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then I'll send it to you to see what you think of the changes. Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 4134108735

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:30 pm

he seems better. But something is missing, hmmmmm, there's a lack of depth in him, which comes from you thinking too far ahead. Book 3? You don't even have book 1 published and you're already there -.-

Last edited by jorgiguel on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat   Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat - Page 39 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 19: In the Beginning Was the Chat
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next