Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat

Go down 
+2
madarrao
Nexius
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:31 pm

It's not?

Oh really? I didn't think angels were a part of Nasuverse.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:57 pm

before you rage, the one calling him master is just an aprentice

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:27 pm

That was pretty convoluted. Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 2332200876

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:33 pm

convoluted?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Needlessly complicated.

In other words, out of that rather enormous paragraph that would be rightly labeled an info dump, this is the bottom line:

Quote :
"So...does that mean the name Angel is just given to anything with an ambiguous magical nature, and are being used by magecraft?"

"Correct."

All that time spent babbling on just to say that. And what does it add to Fate anyway? Unless this Adventures in Waverland story focuses on this concept explained in the vaguest and most esoterc terms, it's pretty much pointless.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 am

Welcome to the nasuverse?

Nasuverse stories have always done that. Pages and Pages of info dumps only for at the end a single line to explain it.

this story isn't about fate. It's about the clocktower.

Kara no Kyoukai was about the supernatural
Tsukihime was about vampires
Fate was about the Servant system
Witch is about True Magic
and this one is about Magecraft

all we're missing is one about the Church

and before you say "but they also talk about other things" true, but they never delve too deep into those subjects, they are never the main focus. Waver's light novel primarely touch on topics that concern to the Clocktower.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:12 am

Oh, I'd be very interested to hear about Clocktower's inner workings. But this is just magecraft conceptual mumbo jumbo.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:27 am

welcome to magecraft

first light novel is about a particular Castle that is an Angel and Waver was sent there to investigate what is going on. Among the several magus that show up, Luvia shows up as a treasure hunter who whats to add the secrets of the castle to her colection.

second light novel has come out recently, but only thing known is that the narrator is Kayneth's sister

here's the description of the first book

Quote :
"In a way, you could say that the modern magus is in the business of gathering angels."

The detached castle Adra. [India? Syria? Ethiopia? Spain? none of the above?]
Like a lone living being, it is a demon castle created by magi who were fascinated with angels.

The ruler (Lord) of modern thaumaturgy at the Clock Tower, El-Melloi II, gets caught up in a battle for succession over the detached castle. The interior of the castle is adorned with many angels.
Only those who have unraveled the mysteries of the Angel Names granted them are invited to inherit the detached castle.

However, it was no simple solution to a riddle. To the high-ranking magi of the Clock Tower, it was the beginning of an excessively fantastic tragedy--.

Now, the curtain rises on the "Lord El-Melloi II Case Files", which blends riddles and illusions, thaumaturgy and mysteries. [shinpi!]
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:40 am

Hmm.

I don't understand why they keep putting this energy into Fate and won't bother with a Tsukihime 2. I want more Dead Apostle lore!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:52 am

I'm not going to pretend to understand how a company works. but i'll try to give a simple understanding from my perspective.

Tsukihime Remake which is what is coming out(which will be significantly differant, not in the sense that the plot will be differant, but rather the writting style will be updated and likely more content will be added.)

This product will require most of Type-Moon's workers in it, including Nasu who is the writter of the company

Fate products on the other hand, have long since left the control of Type-Moon. Basically while Tsukihime Remake is being made by Type-Moon

all these Fate products are being made by other companies with the guidance of Type-Moon

so it's easier for more Fate products to come out since more companies are working on them.

add in that Nasu is a lazy ass troll, and we'll probabily only see the Tsukihime Remake in 2 years or so.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:12 am

Hmph. Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 2332200876

Or what about Notes? I'd like to see that made into a finished work.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:32 am

Notes is that thing. It will probabily never be made into a real thing, but will be referenced in everything else
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:34 am

Well, it should be.

I would like to see an original work focusing on the Church side of things too.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:40 am

a story about Ciel in the church :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:54 am

That would be cool.

Well, I revamped the prologue for my book. And I've thought of some subplots I can add to lengthen things. It's hard because I struggle between wanting to get this out and wanting to perfect it as much as I can.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:47 pm

and how's that going?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Good, I think. I'm very pleased with how things are progressing, even if I had hoped to be farther along. Part of that is my own fault though. Between moving and my surgery, I haven't been quite as disciplined. I have to send you and Nex copies so you can give me your thoughts. .

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:48 pm

ooh yeah... How are you feeling now? (I know I hate it when people ask me that, its not like they can do anything or even if they could, I wouldn't want their help :?

How far have you settled in, and did you go with the cheaper apprtment or the other one.. are the neighbors any good (leave you alone) or friendly (ahem-nosy-ahem) types Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 2382268751 ?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't mind lol.

I'm doing better. It was very bad earlier in the week. I realized the gauze was sticking to the stitches and causing them to pull when I moved. So I found a triple antibiotic ointment with a nice, greasy consistency that I apply to the gauze now that keeps it from sticking. Since then, the inflammation went down considerably, and the pain has been much more manageable.

Well, the more expensive one wouldn't have been ready in time anyway, so it turned out to not be much of a decision. Of course, the other people didn't know that, so I haggled the price down since they thought I was going to walk away. Surprisingly, the neighbor situation has been better than expected. I rarely see anyone when I get back from work, and once inside, I don't really venture out till work the next morning. As for weekends, I've either been out of town at my parent's or in bed recuperating from surgery.

Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:27 pm

I had a blood test taken today, and yeah those gauze with a cotton wool in between to stop/absorb the bleeding are quite annoying. I always find myself ripping them off once getting into the car. sure it'll bleed a little but not enough to cause a worry. If I leave the tape then either it gets itchy or like you said, pulls at the skin and that's main annoyance. With stitches, yeah that could be more dangerous. Good thinking about the alternate method Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 442579085

Haha Good going on the price drop. Now even if the Place doesn't pan out(which I hope it does), You'll always have that to feel good about : D

On my floor, I got 4 apartments (excluding mine) and two of them have families staying since the start and the other 2 keep getting new tenants every 2 or 3 months or so. Sure we met all our neighbors (mostly when waiting for the lift but that's about it. A simple Hello or Thanks for holding the lift, or being thanked for doing the same, is the most interaction that goes on between us. And that too is like maybe 3 times in 5 months and that may be stretching it too.

Some years back, the next door neighbor had a little girl who would play outside in the hall with a same aged neighbor from the lower floor but now that they've grown up, no one's seen or heard them playing outside. So its all mostly been silence now or on some occasions you could hear the telly running if the volume happened to be high. 

Other than that, an entire building with over 50 families and we know nothing about each-other (at least from our standing) it could be that some families, residents know about others on another floor but from what I've seen ... is barely any liveliness. No roof top parties (unfortunately we don't have any pool so no pool parties or grill/barbecue) Everyone mostly stay indoors or outdoors, only thing common, they all stay to themselves. :P

It's definitely not like how I see in the movies/shows where everyone knows everyone and even if they have never met, they still know everything about each other XD No Gossiping going around here, the only noise (during their seasons) is what comes from the Crickets / grasshoppers. And that gets pretty annoying pretty fast.

Maybe for once, some of us would like to have that feeling of living with "neighbors from hell" .. you know, just for the drama XD Its all Peace and Quiet, with the occasional sounds of Door opening and shutting and the Ding of the Elevator. By the time you reach to the eye-hole to look outside from the door, the people are gone. One would think they are living among ghosts if it wasn't for the occasional Hello and Goodbye. o/
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Yeah, the supposed "non-stick" gauze does not live up to its reputation. >.>

Lol. Yes, I am a tough negotiator! :P

I dunno. I like having nothing to do with my neighbors lol. But yeah, television is not very realistic about such things. Behavior of neighbors, how easy it is to make friends, relationships, etc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:21 pm

So Carmilla is like Sasaki Kojiro in the sense that both are fictional in the nasuverse.

But here's the fun part, while servant Sasaki Kojiro is just a random farmer

In Carmilla case she's actually grown up Elizabeth, which implies that CCC Elizabeth is actually a child and not just a woman that achieved youth.

btw, both have a Shirou/Archer relationship, Eli refuses to become like Carmilla while Carmilla looks at Eli like and I quote "an intolerable symbol of enjoying youth while indulging in ignorance."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Huh. So they're just recycling old concepts then. Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 4276320252

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:31 pm

more like rectifying an old concept

it's not the first time, Extra's Vlad is also very differant from Apocrypha's Vlad. One being more like Dracula while the other being more like the historical one.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:35 pm

Yes, except that they didn't exist within the same story. Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 2332200876

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat   Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat - Page 31 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 18: Let it Chat
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next