Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games

Go down 
+8
Foolcoolylover
Payne
madarrao
Leiv
Shadow-Heart
Dannytheman1
NoIn-LoKi
Prisma*Illya
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage

The Grail Games - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:07 pm

something about the masters or the servants, or both
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:09 pm

I see.. The Grail Games - Page 7 2332200876

Well, let me know if you think of it.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:19 pm

another question. : o

is it possible to have a spell that's a bounded field, and the number of lines determines the size it is?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Well, that's kind of a given. The larger and more powerful a bounded field is, the more lines you need to cast it.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:22 pm

not sure I got my point across. :/

I mean, is it possible to have the bounded field with the same effect, regardless of size, but the number of lines spoken to cast it determines the size of that specific bounded field.

for instance, creating a field that's the size of a basketball would be a single-action, one the size of a human would be a single line, one the size of a small room would probably be a four line, etc.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:25 pm

It doesn't really work like that, to my knowledge. Each bounded field has a size and effect relative to it. Although, I think you should probably get Jorg's opinion on it.

What did you have in mind anyway?

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 pm

I think I mentioned before about a bounded field I was working on that would remove oxygen from a space. : o

but the more I got to thinking about it, the more I realized that it would be very useful to be able to make small or large ones, depending on the situation.
so, I needed some clarification on the workings of bounded fields.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Hmm.. yeah, I would verify with Jorg. As far as I know, specific bounded fields have a set area. At least, I've never encountered any in Nasuverse thus far that change size. But he might be able to tell you otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:41 pm

m'kay. : o
guess I'll wait on him to show up before I finish then.

aside from the lines for my spells and one final look at my history, my sheet is done though.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Well, you can edit in the lines for the spells later. :0 Let's see it after you look over your history. The Grail Games - Page 7 4134108735

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:05 pm

well, if the lines can affect that, it changes the description for that spell. :x

but I can just post the rest without that spell on it for now when I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:08 pm

A pretty minor change though..

Yeah, do that. :0

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 pm

true. XD
I just don't like putting down things that are going to change.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:14 pm

It's not a big deal. The Grail Games - Page 7 2332200876

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:27 pm

there a varius types or bounded fields, but as far as it's known they are either fixed size(Araya's portable bounded fields) or mabiable size, everything else.

essentially if you want a castable on the spot bounded field, it has to be fixed size, and not a ridiculous size at that.

otherwise bounded fields need time and preperation to set up, as such you can set them as you want.

but i aint allowing you to have a castable on the spot bounded field unless that's your main magecraft, aka, your magecraft is nothing but bounded fields
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 pm

okay then.

if you're gonna veto the bounded field (which you did), I'll have to come up with another spell to replace it then.

it was going to be one of my main defensive measures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 pm

illya, bounded fields are not casted(unless you're Araya, aka bounded field maesta!) they are set up, it's like building a fence around your house, so long as you have the materials for it, you can make it as large or small as you want. expect with bounded fields it's just knowledge and time
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:33 pm

and that knowledge would be what I was looking for. XD

thanks for letting me know jorg.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Not necessarily. Rin cast a bounded field around a classroom to block out noise on the spot. Of course, that's a small, weak field compared to something like the Bloodfort.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:39 pm

she did? i dont remember that. the only ones that come out of my head are the really big ones ad the ones used on the houses of the magus
Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:40 pm

cuz getting rid of sound/noise(presumably canceling out air vibrations) is equivalent with whatever other bounded fields we see throughout the series
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:43 pm

It's when she attacked Shirou at the school in UBW.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:45 pm

well, regardless of whether or not it's possible, he did just say he wouldn't approve it unless my Master is specific to bounded fields, which he's not. XD
so, I don't think it's a big issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:47 pm

well if i'm wrong, then i dont mind
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:48 pm

but in any case, it would need to be a specific size and number of lines, right? : o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games   The Grail Games - Page 7 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games
Page 7 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next