Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat

Go down 
+4
madarrao
Nexius
Renshi52
Prisma*Illya
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Oh trust me, my heart is well prepared for it Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 3680231627

I read a chapter that made my mental broke and they killed one of my favorite character in one pic, chopping him into several pieces.... And he had survived 20 chapters so i thought he would be....oh well reoccurring character..... But no, he dies..... He went through all the **** that world gives him and he dies in one picture.... Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 621929346
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Geez, what is this thing you're reading anyway?

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:01 pm

I don't think it has proper translations yet, so can't give you exact name... But yeah... It's sci-fic genre story Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 142249227
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Sounds terrible.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Its terrible Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 3680231627

I won't recommend it to someone who wants only goodies, and doesn't want to read really hopeless situation... Who has actual heart disease...

Its really for people who could recover from it and who can take the big upset Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 3680231627
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Why do you even read this? Game of Thrones is bleak, but it has a point to it and tells a very gripping story. This just sounds depressing and awful for the sake of being depressing and awful.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:18 pm

The main character of Berserk was given birth to by a hanged corpse
That about sets the mood for what the rest of the ****-storm is

:|

I'll leave the rest to Jorg or Maddy because
\**** I'm lazy
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:20 pm

....how could a hanged corpse give birth? >.>

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Why do you even read this? Game of Thrones is bleak, but it has a point to it and tells a very gripping story. This just sounds depressing and awful for the sake of being depressing and awful.

That's what i thought, but there's hope... Kind of hope... So i got to see it through the end Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 2733086858
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Uh huh. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 2332200876 Your hopeless optimism at work, I see.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:37 pm

I guess so Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 4134108735

So definitely GoT is no challenge Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 2733086858
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Tue May 26, 2015 11:43 pm

We'll see~

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 6:04 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I doubt that.

this is what I hate about GoT fans, they have no idea of how light GoT actually is. GoT is lighter than 90% of european myths. MYTHS, shorts stories from centuries ago.

Berserk makes European Myths look like disney fairy tales.

basicaly Berserk is mediavel europe where all it's myths are true. So basicaly remove all the knights in shinning armor, remove all the heroes and good people. People in there are killed, eaten, raped or all at the same time on a daily basis. One of it's lightest arc is showing it's version of the old vatican(aka witch hunting and turture of the pagans) and that was darker than whatever GoT has. BY MILES.

Prisma*Illya wrote:

they hanged a woman that was near labor, by being hanged the baby just kinda poped out~(not realistic but definatily something an european myth would have)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 6:18 am

MIND YOU, I am not saying GoT is bad or that it's a kid's show. What I'm saying is that it's not that dark as a story in comparison. It's realistic which means it's both dark and light, it has it's dark moments and then it has it's light moments.

The only reason it got popular is because for a TV series yes it was darker than anything else. But for example, in the world of books it's just another story, a good one but not one people read because "it's a dark story." People read GoT for the same reason people read LoTR, because it's an original complex world based on old european history and myths.

btw GoT is based on the War of Roses, so yeah, it's not even dark in comparison to history in europe
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 7:30 am

oh.... it's based on 'War of Roses'? .......

Hmmmm.... Okay Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 142249227
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 9:46 am

jorgiguel wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:
I doubt that.

this is what I hate about GoT fans, they have no idea of how light GoT actually is. GoT is lighter than 90% of european myths. MYTHS, shorts stories from centuries ago.

basicaly Berserk is mediavel europe where all it's myths are true. So basicaly remove all the knights in shinning armor, remove all the heroes and good people. People in there are killed, eaten, raped or all at the same time on a daily basis. One of it's lightest arc is showing it's version of the old vatican(aka witch hunting and turture of the pagans) and that was darker than whatever GoT has. BY MILES.

Prisma*Illya wrote:

they hanged a woman that was near labor, by being hanged the baby just kinda poped out~(not realistic but definatily something an european myth would have)

Jorg, how far in Game of Thrones did you actually get? Cause it has people being killed, eaten, raped, tortured, and burned alive as sacrifices. So...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 9:58 am

'Don't be popping a boner on top of my head!'

-Gutts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 11:38 am

Prisma*Illya wrote:
jorgiguel wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:
I doubt that.

Prisma*Illya wrote:

Jorg, how far in Game of Thrones did you actually get? Cause it has people being killed, eaten, raped, tortured, and burned alive as sacrifices. So...

illya the differance is that Game of Thrones is ABOUT a good story that HAS dark elements.

Berserk story is ABOUT dark elements that HAS a good story

i mean seriously all thoese elements you talked about FSN has them too, does that mean it's as dark as GoT? no! Just having these elements aren't enough, it's how you use them.

also it's funny that you bring the "have you watched it?" card when you yourself havent done so with Berserk. If you actually knew Berserk you wouldn't even be questioning it on being darker. I still remember the time where you were horrified over the brutality over a big ass caving an idiot's face in. Guess what, that's a normal thing in Berserk, it's probably the less painful way to die in Berserk.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 11:49 am

Which totally didn't answer my question. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 4276320252

Also, I never said Berserk wasn't brutal. I can't say without knowing more about it. Unlike you.

A big difference you don't take into account is that one is drawings. The other is actual people. That's always going to be worse, even when they're depicting the same thing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 11:50 am

And drawings can depict way more darker things and get away with it

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 2332200876
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

actualy illya it's the other way around

real people means that most of the gore is very bland since they still can't make good CG without it looking off.

most of berserk? i can't even post pics of it cause the gore is unrestricted
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Yes, but there's more detachment because there's less similarity between you and a drawing compared to you and a living being. For instance, Sakura's abuse in FSN is technically worse, and I did feel very bad about it, but the rape of a certain character in GoT a few episodes ago felt way worse because I was seeing it happen to a real person. In fact, the fairly discreet way they handled it almost made it worse.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Also, I'm pretty sure you've never seen past season 1,if that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 12:22 pm

the reason it felt horrible is because it shouldn't have happened. The reason people who read the books are mad over it, is because not only should it not have happened, it actually changed certain characters personalities by doing it Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 4276320252

i mean seriously, does GoT have a kid being strangled by the entestines of another kid?

or women(and children) being raped by trolls, only to have the troll babies burst from the belly eat the mother and then proceed to **** other captives?

or kids getting eaten by swarm of little faries

or a bunch of trolls killing a man and then rape the sister right next to the corpse

and these things aren't even bad by Berserk standards.

also I know this will make me sound like an asshole, but it really saddens me when I say "One of it's lightest arc is showing it's version of the old vatican" and you still think it's nothing special. I know you barely had any of it there in America, so let me put it in context.

If you think that the holocaust was bad, you have no idea how bad the Church was when it was doing it's witch hunts.

There's a reason why most of Europe is becoming less and less religious.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11Wed May 27, 2015 12:29 pm

See, again, GoT is horrifying because its brutality is realistic. That stuff just sounds gratuitous for shock value, which I find more stupid than anything else.

I know all about the Inquisition. Not only that, but the "counter Inquisition" done against suspected Catholics in Protestant countries. The accounts are terrible to read, but just throwing out the name doesn't make me tremble.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 30 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next