Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat

Go down 
+4
madarrao
Nexius
Renshi52
Prisma*Illya
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Okay, I got half. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 4276320252 In any case, I don't see how being inspired by the War of the Roses makes it less dark.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:16 pm

it doesn't make it less dark than what it is, it makes it less dark than what people claim it to be. Which is my main problem with it. The hype for GoT is off the roof!
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Again, why? Pretty sure we can agree that history is a great source for pretty effed up stuff.

It's hyped, but I'd say it's pretty warranted. I don't think "darkness" is just a checklist. Murder? Check. Rape? Check. Gore? Check.

It's all context. In Game of Thrones, these things all tend to happen to characters you care about. Whereas Berserk, even if the stuff is more disturbing and grotesque, it sounds like it happens to background characters and is ludicrously over-the-top.

Another great example: people being torn apart. Happens all the time in Mortal Kombat, to the point of being pretty blah. Blackwolf doing it in that one rp was pretty effing disturbing because it was unexpected and written quite effectively.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Ok to put it into GoT terms, and if you don't mind Berserk spoiler (As if)
Spoiler:

I'm too lazy to try hard

I'm guessing you get the point though.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:31 pm

Honestly, eh. I don't see that as considerably worse. Also, pretty sure "Reek" is broken inside and out. And his dad got sent his d*ck in a box. Also, Ramsay constantly flays people alive. In the last episode, an old woman that wasthe one ally Sansa thought she had at Winterfell is shown to her by Ramsay with all her skin flayed off as she was alive.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:33 pm

illya if a story is advertized as "the darkest an most compeling story yet" and than you find out that it is no differant and it is actually a watered down version of historical happenings with watered down myths thrown in the bin. How the hell is someone suppose to react other than "this is overrated"

well if it happened to any other form of character they would be called canon fodder. Characters you care about dieing is nothing, hundreds of stories do it.

also take that back, the hawk group demise from Berserk is still considered to this day the most ****ed up plot twist in manga/anime history. and it's been decades since that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Spoiler:

btw illya do you know why Sansa isn't raped in the books?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Jorg, you've never even watched most of it! Hearing "someone got killed" or "someone got raped" has a whole lot less impact than watching it happen to someone you're emotionally invested in. So you just reading plot events like a transcript will clearly not emotionally impact you.

Again, this Berserk stuff smells to me of gratuitous obscene content for the sake of shock value.

Because she's at the Eyrie and not at Winterfell?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:39 pm

I give up on you.

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 2332200876

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 I6FG8
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:40 pm

That's not dark. That just looks gross and ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:45 pm

no, because Tyrion actually loves Sansa Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 2382268751
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
That's not dark. That just looks gross and ridiculous.

i think that was more to show how his brain felt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Ok.

I will be very simple with you here.

Imagine if 80% of the cast you knew and loved on GoT
Was sacrificed in a brutal and unforgiving matter by grotesque monster in a single demonic ritual
To resurrect Geoffry and make him King of all the nations

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 I6G3f
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:49 pm

No, he doesn't?

Well, that would be bad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:52 pm

if you say so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Welp now I feel like re-reading Berserk for the fifth time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sat May 30, 2015 11:56 pm

Gedomaru wrote:
Welp now I feel like re-reading Berserk for the fifth time.

i did it recently. the church arc keeps getting me o.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 12:01 am

Talk about gratuitous obscene content for shock value...

Great story too.

That ****ing priest.

THAT ****ing PRIEST.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 12:01 am

They're barely together, and they never have any emotional connection before he's imprisoned and she takes off. He never even thinks about her, and the most she says about him is "well, he didn't manage to rape me." Which, in terms of GoT, is actually rather complimentary.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 12:07 am

Gedomaru wrote:
Talk about gratuitous obscene content for shock value...

Great story too.

That ****ing priest.

THAT ****ing PRIEST.

That guy was a special kind of crazy, i have every reason to hate him and I still can't do that.

Prisma*Illya wrote:
They're barely together, and they never have any emotional connection before he's imprisoned and she takes off. He never even thinks about her, and the most she says about him is "well, he didn't manage to rape me." Which, in terms of GoT, is actually rather complimentary.

that's why people are complaining over the scene, because he is radically differant from his book version
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 12:12 am

I know what you mean.

Spoiler:

He has smashed his face against the floor 3.65 million times in the name of devotion.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 12:12 am

No... they're complaining about that scene because it happened to a different character. Jorg, Tyrion had nothing to do with any of this. He's on a different continent. This is between Ramsay Bolton and Jeyne Poole (book), and Ramsay and Sansa (show). This is how I know you barely know anything about it. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 2332200876

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 12:16 am

if you say so
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 12:24 am

Jorg, STOP SAYING THAT. Unlike you, I've watched every bloody episode of this show.

In season 3, Sansa marries Tyrion. In both the book and show, he never touches her or abuses her. That's because he's one of the few decent people in this story, not because he loves her.

We're in SEASON 5. Tyrion, in both the books and show, escapes to Essos across the sea after being accused of killing Joffrey. In both the books and show, Sansa is taken north by Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish to the Eyrie.

Where things diverge, and where the controversy comes from, is that in the books, there Sansa remains. At Winterfell, one of the servant girls of the Stark family is played off as Arya Stark and married to the heir of the Boltons, Ramsay, while in control Winterfell. To cut out this secondary character, the show had Sansa go to Winterfell and take over this plotline. So in the show, she has to marry Ramsay and is subjected to his mistreatment, whereas in the book she remains untouched.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11Sun May 31, 2015 1:19 am

Pies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 35 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next