Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat

Go down 
+4
madarrao
Nexius
Renshi52
Prisma*Illya
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Ngg... I didn't like all the Illya flashbacking. They were stomping all over canon there.

First, the whole tainted Iri mirage thing was weird enough on its own. I presume as the lesser Grail, they're saying Ilya can connect to the Greater Grail at any time, even though that was never established... Plus, it ruins the idea in HF that Angra Mainyu is just like a baby trying to survive and be born. That's why you can almost get behind Kirei's idea, because how do you judge something with no willful evil? But here, they seem to be giving it a very tangible, willful malevolence that doesn't really jive with what we know.

Also, Ilya throwing tantrums and saying she doesn't need anyone? I know in her VN flashback she wasn't thrilled with Berserker, but I never got the impression it was because she didn't like being a homunculus. She seemed just fine with her role. Plus, we have her and the wolves hitting/biting Berserker like he has nomal flesh, when I seem to recall Shinji bending his leg or arm up like an accordion after hitting Berserker when escaping the skyscraper after Rider falls to Saber in the Fate route.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 3:39 pm

that was all the einsberg brainwashing her. remember you are seeing from her perspective. And she's not pissed over being an homunculus, she's pissed over being betrayed by Kiritsugu.

God Hand is an activated noble phantasm, not a passive. so those wolves were magical :V
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Hmm. If you say so.

Also... wow, I didn't think it possible, but Ilya's death was somehow even more sad here. I almost thought I'd cry for a minute there.

I also don't know why, but for some reason I like Gil in UBW in a way I don't like him in any other appearances. I think he's just far more appealing as an active, all-out villain than some big-headed braggart who sits around acting superior.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 3:54 pm

well in HF he gets killed off to early to do anything and Zero he's more focused on corrupting Kirei
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Oh, Gedo. That's a nice gesture. You should be happy.

Nice, sure.

But it's about as suspicious as Kotomine offering to help. Even if he means it, you know he'll just **** things up somehow.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Well yeah. He was lame in HF lol.

Fate he was all right. UBW he's pretty cool.

FZ.... ugh.

Maybe he just wants to be there on your big day. You're family, after all. :/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 3:58 pm

then tell him not to come :V
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Well yeah. He was lame in HF lol.

Fate he was all right. UBW he's pretty cool.

FZ.... ugh.

i do like how he seemed in fate/strange

his first order to his master which was a child with robotic personality was to behave like a child.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:06 pm

You've read Strange/Fake?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:06 pm

the manga
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Ah, I didn't know that had come out.

You know, as much as I like Archer, I would pick Lancer to be my Servant of all the FSN ones.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:

I'd prefer to be part of Kotomine's family.

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 2332200876
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Considering one ended up killing herself and the other a living demon detector, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 2332200876

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Ah, I didn't know that had come out.

You know, as much as I like Archer, I would pick Lancer to be my Servant of all the FSN ones.

Well considering his loyalty, i'm not surprised
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Indeed. He's a top tier heroic spirit, loyal, and surprisingly obedient. Plus, he'd be a lot of fun to hang out with in the off-hours.

And, well, let's just say his legend extends to more than just fighting. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 2120966141

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:45 pm

you mean like being cursed to kill those he cares about Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 2120966141
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:49 pm

I don't recall that part. Things only went sour cause he tangled himself up in so many stupid geis. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 2332200876

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Ngg... I didn't like all the Illya flashbacking. They were stomping all over canon there.

First, the whole tainted Iri mirage thing was weird enough on its own. I presume as the lesser Grail, they're saying Ilya can connect to the Greater Grail at any time, even though that was never established... Plus, it ruins the idea in HF that Angra Mainyu is just like a baby trying to survive and be born. That's why you can almost get behind Kirei's idea, because how do you judge something with no willful evil? But here, they seem to be giving it a very tangible, willful malevolence that doesn't really jive with what we know.

Also, Ilya throwing tantrums and saying she doesn't need anyone? I know in her VN flashback she wasn't thrilled with Berserker, but I never got the impression it was because she didn't like being a homunculus. She seemed just fine with her role. Plus, we have her and the wolves hitting/biting Berserker like he has nomal flesh, when I seem to recall Shinji bending his leg or arm up like an accordion after hitting Berserker when escaping the skyscraper after Rider falls to Saber in the Fate route.

you can blame Nasu for stomping all over canon, he`s writing the new scenes according to his tweeter...  illya`s flashback is part of Illya route that didnt have purpose in HF so it got cut.

Fate strange Fake
http://mangafox.me/manga/fate_strange_fake/v01/c001/1.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
I don't recall that part. Things only went sour cause he tangled himself up in so many stupid geis. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 2332200876

it's Gae Bolg's actual curse of his myth, to only kill those close to him. There's an actual cameo of this in FHA where Lancer complains about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 4:57 pm

madarrao wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:

you can blame Nasu for stomping all over canon, he`s writing the new scenes according to his tweeter...  illya`s flashback is part of Illya route that didnt have purpose in HF so it got cut.

Fate strange Fake
http://mangafox.me/manga/fate_strange_fake/v01/c001/1.html

so sadly no new servant this week
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 5:00 pm

He is? Huh.

It's never mentioned in Fate though. I haven't played Ataraxia, so I guess if it's in there...

There's nothing there, Maddy.

Back to top Go down
madarrao
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
madarrao

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 5:02 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
He is? Huh.

It's never mentioned in Fate though. I haven't played Ataraxia, so I guess if it's in there...

There's nothing there, Maddy.

try this one then, if not just google Fate Strange Fake chapter 1

http://mangapark.me/manga/fate-strange-fake/s1/v1/c1/1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 5:07 pm

i love how Lancer's just like "yeah sorry for holding back last time" and proceeds to kick Archer like a bug. It really sets the tone of Lancer being ridiculously powerful, which is something many people didnt think
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 5:14 pm

That seems to work, thanks. :0

Hmm. I still think "kicking Archer like a bug" is an exaggeration. Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 2332200876

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11Sat May 02, 2015 5:16 pm

"Kicking him like a dog"? pun intended
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat   Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat - Page 8 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread 16: Once Upon a Chat
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next