Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Inception - Hollingsworth Job

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Gerard pointed his gun at Rina, his mouth quite dry. His eyes flickered between Lana and his mother, his heart beating more rapidly with every moment. Then they came to rest on Rina. Then gun seemed to weigh in his hand like a rock.

Could he really kill someone?

You've already done that.

Could he really stain his hands with blood?

They already are.

His jaw clenched. His eyes hardened. His finger squeezed the trigger.

For them, yes, he could.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:11 am

Rina

As the reflection of Rina shattered, so did the floor.

Making Gerard to fall to never ending pit hole, there was a voice that had been threatening to kill Lana and his mother.

However, this time, instead of sounding hostile, it sounded warm, and calm. "You have now power to fight Jacque, don't you forget that feeling and that determination you just had. Use that feeling to fight your inner demon to protect your loved ones."

Rina opened her eyes, and sighed in relief. "The training went well and he is ready to fight Jacque." She looked at the Michael's side. She stood up, putting herself away from Gerard.

"Gerard would freak out to see me here as well, so I will check outside." She told John and Sofie who should probably be ready to pull another stunt together.

"better pull out our young architect too, to make the scene similar to where they left off." She suggested to them.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:24 am

John gave Rina a moment to leave the room before placing a hand on Sofie's shoulder. "Don't bother lying to me. I'll know." He spoke with a sad smile. "Can you handle being in between them again as Lana? Gerard may need a catalyst."

As he spoke, John slowly pulled Michael up from the floor, standing the boy on his feet. After her answer, he would let go for a moment to give the Architect a kick.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:18 am

Sofie waited tensely with John, wondering as she watched the four unconscious bodies how this would turn out.

Rina awoke abruptly, reporting her success. That meant Gerard would probably be up shortly. John moved to wake up Michael, but stopped short to look at her.

Sofie felt surprised. John looked concerned - not just in the success of the mission, but in her well-being. She blinked, taken aback, but almost immediately felt her expression hardening. Whatever weakness he thought she'd displayed, it was not something she planned to address.

"I can handle anything," she told him, turning toward the bathroom mirror. She ran her hands through her long hair, the tresses bleeding red beneath her fingers. When she turned away from the mirror, the familiar face was replaced by that of the Hollingsworth heir.

"Let's finish it then," she said, smiling.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:01 am

John's lips twitched in the slightest hint of a frown, but he didn't reply. Instead, he let go of Michael's limp form for a second before catching it again.

The Architect woke with a start, blinked once, and then shook his head. "That is one murderous bastard..." He mumbled as John placed him on his feet.

"No doubt." John offered in response while he collected the pasiv machines. "The rest of us should get out of the room now. When they wake up, the only person who can influence them is Lana. Even if I can fool them here as the dreamer, their subconscious would realize the mistake if I intervened here any more."

"Besides, I'm gonna need to move after this..." The room warped, expanding, and chairs sprouted from the floor, shifting the landscape to that of a courtroom. Jacques' and Gerard's limp forms hung over the tables of the plaintiff and defendant, while the chair beneath Sofie rose into the witness box.

"I pity the judge in a case like this..." Michael said, frowning.

"There is no judge in a case like this." John responded, reaching for the door. Just before stepping out, he shot a look in Sofie's direction. "The good news is that, either way, this will probably be over quickly." With that, the door closed behind him.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:10 am

Sofie watched the others leave the room, her gaze lingering on John before the door shut behind him.

So, it was all her show now. She clenched her jaw, watching as Jacque and Gerard roused from their slumber.

"What?" Gerard muttered, giving a start as he looked about.

"The prosecution will go first."

Gerard looked around, eyes narrowing as he saw Jacque stand and stalk toward Lana, his gaze malevolent. The court, filled with projections, watched with eerily silent stares.

"You have been accused of twisting and manipulating this man's mind," Jacque said, stabbing a finger in Gerard's direction. "Of fundamentally altering his very being! How do you plead?"

Lana looked across the court room at Gerard, a tear streaking down her cheek. She smiled softly, her hand clasping the bench in front of her to show the dazzling engagement ring he had placed on her finger himself.

She looked so much like she had that day. Gerard felt his breath catch in his throat.

"Guilty," she said softly. The court erupted into murmurs.

Jacque smirked and looked at Gerard before turning back to his table.

"No more questions."

Gerard stood and moved over to the witness stand, his breath hitching slightly at the sight of the tears flowing more freely down Lana's face. He reached up and brushed them away from her eyes, and she smiled at him in turn.

"Lana, is it true that you have made me happier than I ever have been in my life? That you have fundamentally changed me - into a worthwhile human being? That I would let you deceive me, manipulate me, and alter me just to spend another day with you?"

Lana grasped his hand with her own, struggling not to break down.

"Yes."

Gerard smiled, his own eyes moist.

"The defense stands."

Jacque stood, looking to the jury, his expression triumphant.

"If that's all, then I think her sentence is decided. Death."

The jury turned its gaze toward Gerard. The rapid beat of his heart cooled to a chilling stillness as he turned and regarded his doppelganger. His other self.

"No, I don't think it's decided at all."

The courtroom distorted. To her amazement, Sofie found herself sitting at the prosecutor's table, staring up at Jacque on the witness stand.

"She's not on trial here. You are."

Jacque looked up at Gerard, gazing coldly down on him from the judge's seat.

"You are charged with the attempted murder of Lana Hollingsworth, Anna Mercier, and Gerard Mercier. How do you plead?"

Jacque looked frightened for the first time. Sofie herself felt an awed respect as she watched Gerard conjure the pistol to his hand, aiming it inches from Jacques' forehead. The jury watched, their expressions severe. Condemning.

"Wait. You and I... together, we can be what we once were."

Gerard's finger stroked the trigger. He thought of his mother's tender gaze. Of how much she looked forward to seeing him on his wedding day. Of Lana trying on her wedding gowns, a dazzling sight in white.

For them... it was so easy.

"Guilty then."

A thunderous bang went off in the room. Sofie flinched, watching as Jacque collapsed to the ground in a spray of red.

It took considerable effort for Sofie to stand and move to Gerard's side. She clasped his hand, and the gun immediately slid from his grasp to the floor as he turned to look at her.

He looked like he wanted to say something, to find words to express this moment. But she raised a finger to his lips before replacing it with her own lips.

The dream world felt hazy. It was collapsing. Time to wake up.

--------------------

Sofie awoke with a start, finding herself in the spare room in the senior care center. Still dreaming. It would be bliss to finally get back to reality.

"You guys all right?" Elliot said, helping her up. "Did it go all right?"

"Not exactly," Sofie said, watching the others wake. "We'll fill you in later. For right now, we need to decide what to do."

Should they bring this news to Julian? Should they let it all go and use this stage to soothe away the work they had done as distressed dreams after his mother's near death incident? Or was there another option?

Sofie looked to John automatically, wondering what his thoughts were.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:33 pm

"Ugh..." Michael rolled over and pulled the pasiv machine from his wrist. "What a waste of brilliant architecture."

John chuckled at that, sitting up and pushing himself back against the wall. "If that's all you're concerned about, you'll be fine."

The Architect shot John a withering look before turning away with a grimace, and John chuckled again. "Well, I suppose we found out his deep, dark secret?" He asked, turning his attention to Rina. "I'm assuming when you got into the vault, the other personality is what was waiting for you?" He phrased it as a question, but John continued as if the answer was obvious. "If that's the case, Mercier is repressing some serious issues. The man needs some serious psychiatric help."

"Didn't we kill the other personality though?" Michael spoke up again, looking confused.

"Hardly. Multiple personalities can be better controlled through the dream. It's a proceedure that's currently being field tested among psychologists in a small circle. However, controlling them isn't the same as erasing them. All we did was essentially put Jacques back behind lock and key. He's still there, just burried deeply in the subconscious."

The corner of Michael's lips tipped up as John spoke. "Fascinating..."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Rina

Rina curled her lips, "Yes, that was what exactly happened." Rina stood up, "But I don't think it's multiple personality, if it was, we would have faced several Mercier... Not one. Split personality and multiple personality is totally different thing." Rina looked at Gerard, "It is not hard to cure if its split personality...." She commented. "In any case, let's get out of here. We now know his secret and we had spent too much time."

Then Rina checked her dice, "Also, I have trained him so his subconscious would be attacking us pretty soon if we don't hurry up." She looked outside, carefully, to see if they were clear to go or not.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:50 pm

Sofie had witnessed the court room showdown in a way they hadn't. Although she shouldn't care much about the Mark, it was hard not to be a little invested after watching that triumph of will.

"I don't think it's going to be an issue again," she said, shrugging nonchalantly. "Seems Mercier has thinks pretty well in control."

Elliot pursed his lips, looking troubled.

"Is this even something we can use? There's technically no definitive proof of his condition. It's not something our client can really use to blackmail or otherwise persuade him."

Sofie wasn't sure if that was something she felt good about doing anyway. She and Lana were on rather good terms, and leaving her without Mercier's love and support with a baby on the way could prove devastating for her. Sofie glanced at John, the only other person who knew this little secret, and wondered what he felt about it.

"So, what do we do then?" she asked, looking pointedly at him. As team leader, it was probably Rina's call most of all, but she didn't have all the facts, and John could have a heavy influence on the proceedings, if he felt so inclined.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:57 pm

"Well, now that I'm aware of the other personality, I could probably dig through Mercier's past again. With the new insight, some other things could be brought to light that would have escaped the initial screening." John said, looking thoughtful. "However, I don't think this is something that our client could use as blackmail. If there's something more about this violent personality in Mercier's past, it's altogether possible that mentioning it to him might bring the violence back to the forefront of his mind..."

John frowned, pushing himself to his feet. "If there is something, and the client wants to act on it, the only safe solution for all parties involved would be prison. Trying to hold his past sins over Mercier's head would probably only result in our client meeting an unfortunate end at his soon-to-be son in law's hands."

"That's screwed up." Michael sheepishly responded.

John turned his attention to the Architect. "Yes, it is. The human mind is a screwed up place."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Rina

"You guys are hiding something from me...." Said Rina, looking little bit uncomfortable. The only reason why Sofie asked John to make decision was obvious... John knew something that Rina did not....

Rina sighed, "Well, we can only tell the client that he doesn't have any ulterior motive... Loves Lana to the degree to kill his past. In fact, I won't be surprised if Jacque comes out as dead man in the police data base." Said Rina, something made her feel that searching 'Jacque' won't do any good for them as well.

The determination of his consciousness to kill his other half, it also implied he knew something about his other half, unconsciously. Willing to throw everything for one girl... Too bad, Rina never met such man... well she thought she had someone like that until he changed...

"But really, I am not joking. We discuss what we should do in real world. Not here."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:25 am

Rina was right. Lingering down here wasn't a good idea. She reached for a gun, but Elliot placed a hand on her wrist.

"No need," he said, smiling. Sofie raised a brow.

"How much longer?"

He raised a finger while he glanced at his watch. It shook slightly as he waited, tensed.

"Right... about..."

--------------------

Sofie blinked, staring around the dark studio. She felt the velvet curtain beneath her fingertips and remembered.

"Well, that was a nightmare I won't soon be repeating," she said in clipped tones, feeling her old temperament return with the happy acclimation to the real world. She pulled out the needle and rubbed her arm, wincing slightly.

"I was going to ask," Elliot said, removing his as well. "But I probably shouldn't."

"Not until we get back to the warehouse anyway," she replied and stood up. She felt quite tired, but the last thing she wanted to right now was go to sleep.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:46 am

Rina

Rina was up as well and as she stood up to her feet, she looked at Sofie's direction, biting her lips. "When we get to the warehouse, I sincerely hope you could tell the crew what you and John were hiding from us." Rina looked little bit disheartened by the fact that Sofie was holding some information from her. However, that disheartened face disappeared, as she gave professional smile.

'Was I really not that trust worthy...?' thought Rina. The only reason, that Rina could come up with, why Sofie would take such action was because Sofie felt Rina would make a wrong decision of what to do in this job. That ached Rina's heart, especially, when she was trying her best not to screw up the job because it involved Sofie, a person who was like a older sister to her, and her role model.

Rina did not, however, hover that thought much. What Sofie did was still understandable. Rina did betray her client once because she felt it was right thing to do. As Sofie wanted to keep good relationship with Hollingsworth... yeah... for Rina to make a call that could benefit for Sofie and for Hollingsworth, something must be keep in the dark...

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:28 pm

"I'll clean up here." John motioned to the pasiv machine and the still barely slumbering Mercier. "When he comes to, it's best if he thinks that he just fell asleep on his couch."

"Can I catch a ride with one of you?" Michael asked Rina and Sofie. "My scooter is a few blocks away, since the noise might have attracted attention, and considering the part of town we're in, I'd like to retrieve it before someone else feels the need to liberate it for themselves."

John clamped the case closed behind them a moment later and motioned them towards the door. "He's coming around. We need to be out of here."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Rina

Rina smiled gently, "I will go with you." Said Rina to the young architect, then quickly she said her temporary good byes to her team as John said they really had to leave. "I will see you all in the warehouse."

Yes, in the warehouse, Rina would find out what was the information that Sofie and John knew, but they did not tell her and the team.

When she has the all the information, Rina was certain that she could make a proper decision of what to do.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Reconvening at the warehouse proved to be more uncomfortable than Sofie had expected. Elliot kept fidgeting in the corner, looking as though he had conflicting opinions, none of which he intended to voice.

Sofie had been doing a lot of thinking during the drive over. Hard thinking.

For her part, Sofie knew what the smart thing was to do. And she knew the smart thing was what would benefit her. She liked Lana well enough. And she was very found of Rina.

But in the end, she could only trust herself to watch her back. And screwing over Julian did nothing to ensure her longevity or affluence.

"John is of the opinion," she began, casting him a glance. "that Lana is pregnant with Mercier's child."

She thought it best to add a disclaimer, and cast him another look. She was, in effect, throwing him under the bus.

"She didn't drink any wine at the gala," she said flatly, making it clear that this evidence wasn't particularly substantial.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:55 am

Rina

Rina looked at John and Sofie, then sighed. "That's not enough to say she's pregnant." Said Rina weakly, "But it is a possibility." Rina looked at the other crews, "How about we call it a day? I will get the solid evidence of Lana's pregnancy." Then her eyes were to the chemist.

"Mr. Lewis, it seems like you have an opinion to share with us. I would also like to hear from others before we close the night."  Said Rina looking at everyone.

"Of course, it will be my decision what to share with the client of what had happened. But, I would like to know about everyone's opinion about the job we just dealt with."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 pm

"Getting solid evidence is the problem." John cut in when Rina suggested calling it a night. "I know that she's been to the clinic recently, but I can't get her medical records. Our Client, Mr. Hollingsworth, has greased a lot of palms to make sure his daughter's medical records are completely sealed. The only ones who have access to her files are Lana and him." John grimaced, as if it physically wounded him to admit he couldn't get his hands on the files.

"I suppose that asking the Client for access to the records wouldn't work?" Michael spoke up.

John shook his head at the question. "I tried appealing to him about it when I did my initial research, at which point he informed me that I was profiling Mercier, not Lana..." He sighed and leaned back against the wall. "If we want positive proof before we take it to the Client, the only one who can confirm or deny is Lana herself."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:37 am

Elliot shifted uncomfortably in his seat, unsure whether or not to take up Rina's invitation.

"I'm not usually this involved with the jobs," he admitted. "I rarely enter the dreams during the extractions, so I've never really..."

He trailed off, rubbing his temples. Mixing chemicals was so much easier. But as everyone waited in silence, he could see he wasn't going to get out of finishing this.

"It's just so personal this time," Elliot said. "Not just corporations or political scheming. It's... people's lives."

Sofie knew what he meant. This was a bit more personal than most extractions tended to be. But in the end, a job was a job.

"That's why asking Lana directly is problematic," she interjected. "I don't think she's just going to hand that information over unless you tell her why you need to know. And to do that is going to turn her against Julian, which will assuredly turn him on us."

She looked between John and Rina, giving them a very hard look.

"You weren't just planning to come right out with it, were you?"

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:47 am

Rina

"Every job is related to people's lives, small or big. Every information we share make difference in someone's life, good or bad. No job is unrelated to people's life, Mr. Lewis." Rina stood up, and then her face turned to Sofie, smiling softly. "And to your question, Miss Verdreaux. I will be honest with you, I wasn't expecting it to be this job to become this complicated matter. But, I won't put my crews in dangerous situation." Then Rina clapped her hand once, drawing everyone's attention. "Well thank you all so much for today, a job well done. I will inform you all what we should do about this matter tomorrow." There was a confidence in Rina's gesture, it looked like she already had a plan in mind.

Well she did, however, she was not so sure it will work out all fine. She had some people who wished to open art gallery and Rina could be the co-host of opening of art gallery, and by requesting for Mercier's art work to be displayed, Lana should be there too.

During that ceremony, Rina should be able to get close Lana.... And may be suggesting a drink, if Lana is really pregnant, not to offend the co-host, she would come clean with why...

But there was another plan in her mind as well. That, however, should only used as back-up plan.

Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:04 am

It would seem the meeting was over then. Elliot got up, looking sheepish, and collected his things before leaving.

Sofie wasn't feeling ready to call it a night yet.

"I need a drink," she mused, grabbing her coat and purse. With Rina handling whatever scheme she was concocting, it meant Sofie's job was done.

She looked over at John, momentarily questioning if she should ask him to join her, but she thought better of it.

The job was over. No sense in getting attached to anyone.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 am

"I have to agree with the good professor." John said, scratching his chin thoughtfully. "This job is decidedly more personal than the norm, particularly since one of the group's members is a friend of the client."

"At times like this, you have to weigh the ethics of the situation against your work ethic. While I personally prefer to be paid for accomplishing a task, it's not always the best option available."

Michael groaned, rolling his eyes. "If we don't go through with it, I need to pick up another project. Prototypes are too expensive for bounced paydays." The young man continued muttering to himself as he moved to the corner of the warehouse and pulled on his goggles.

John watched the boy walk away before turning a sad smile towards the rest of the group. "A drink is starting to sound absolutely delightful..." He sighed. "Care if I join you?" John raised a questioning eyebrow in Sofie's direction. "Or would you prefer your own company tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:55 am

Sofie paused in the doorway, turning to look at John. She wasn't sure whether to be surprised by his self-invitation or not, nor whether to be annoyed or pleased. She pursed her lips for a moment, showing none of these conflicting feelings, as she surveyed him. Then, with a casual shrug, she turned back toward the door.

"Depends. Are you buying?" she asked, heading to her car without a backward glance. It wasn't a question, really, and they both knew it.

--------------------

Sofie wasn't really a bar-goer. She preferred a more high-brow scene when she drank, and preferably more expensive alcohol. As it was, she wasn't in the mood to venture too far, so the nearest bar had to do.

She headed straight to the bar, trusting that John could follow her well enough, and sat down on one of the stools, turning more than a few heads as she passed. Her looks not withstanding, not many frequented Patsy's Pub wearing Chanel.

"Something strong," she told the bar tender with a flattering smile. She ignored John until her glass was set down in front of her. She took a deep drink and set it down on the bar before finally turning to look at him.

"Honor among thieves," she mused, swishing her drink absentmindedly in her left hand. "You know, I never would have guessed you'd be one to turn away a pay-off out of ethics."

[OOC: Nex, you can have Rina do her thing while we're whittling away time.]

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Rina

As everyone left, Rina dialed her phone and few moments later, Rina got an answer. The answer was no. Rina sighed as she sat on the chair. She leaned her tired back on the chair and her eyes stared at the ceiling, blankly.

For the first time, she felt the urge to give up her moral code and just get the job done. The first job was rather easy for her to ditch the client, but this second job.... it had too many complications....

Too complicated, but in her mind, 'right' answer was already in her mind.

The 'right' answer was to talk with Lana... But what Lana could do for Rina in return? Nothing...

Then again, what Julian could do for her? Apart from paying her, what could he do? Sure, nothing happened to Rina after the screw up she did with previous job, but could she risk of putting herself to more risk.

Rina also had family.... She wanted to protect them, not put them in danger....

Rina sighed once again....

Then suddenly there was a ringing, Rina picked up her phone without checking the caller.

But the voice surprised Rina and she suddenly stood up from her seat.

"Hello?" It was Han, "I heard you need someone to open art gallery? Who do you want to invite? Let me guess. Gerard Mercier? He is already in my list."

Rina blinked her eyes, speechless, she checked her phone again. Checking the name of the caller. It was definitely 'Han'. She cleared her throat. "Yeah. That's the artist I wanted to invite." Then she quickly asked, "How did you know I wanted to open art gallery?" Han gave a chuckled, "Well, let just say I have my ways. Dress nicely, you are my special guest. By the way, I invited his girlfriend too."

Rina curled her lips. "How special?" There was a second of silence, then calmly the male said it very clearly. "Very special. I will send you the details."

Without giving Rina a chance to ask him more question Han ended the call; Rina stared at her phone, biting her lips.

It looked like she was given a chance to talk to Lana...
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Sofie had already ordered a drink by the time John reached the bar. Parking spaces had been awkwardly placed outside the run-down establishment, and one didn't simply park an Aston Martin anywhere. One bold patron was making his way up on Sofie's left when John tapped the man on the shoulder and gestured as if pulling a knife across his throat before thumbing towards the door and sliding past him.

"Scotch, neat." John said to the bartender as he slid onto the stool. "Just leave the bottle out." He continued with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

Several moments passed while the man poured his drink, and John didn't respond to Sofie's comment until after he'd taken a long sip of it. "Do you think me heartless, Sofie?" He deadpanned, not even a touch of humor in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inception - Hollingsworth Job   Inception - Hollingsworth Job - Page 9 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Inception - Hollingsworth Job
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: IC Section-
Jump to: