Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games IC

Go down 
+3
RyubosJ
Spiriter
Dannytheman1
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 pm

"Fu" -- Raphael (Chapel)
She silently rose her severed stump, proof enough she had resigned. He had put those command seals there himself. "This is what you call the luck of draw? It is very unlucky... the Berserker card." It was definitely strained. Not just her accent and words, but her own will to speak. It wasn't a matter of her pride being hurt; it was clear enough she realized she no longer had any. This woman had gone into the war full well expecting to win. But she had not even made it longer than twelve hours. She had not faced any other masters. She had not faced any servants. She had merely faced her own servant, and one that was mad enough she had to immeadiately resign the war. When she had her pride, her life was worth more than it. But now that she had no pride, she felt her life was worthless. But she wouldn't let her sacrifice count for nothing. She could at least live on, half in a dream, for the rest of her life...

Meira -- Berserker (Warehouse)
Meira couldn't help but laugh and smile for half a second. She couldn't. It was just too stupid. If it were less so, she would have been annoyed. But it was just idiotic enough to make her somewhat happy. "No no, a punch. Stop it short of my face so it doesn't actually hit it. Like this." She was in motion. Her toes pressed against the ground, giving her grip. Her leg twisted, her waist rotated, her shoulders swung. A full out punch stopped short of Berserker's face, a small gust of wind following. She knew to him it would be slow and weak. Meira wasn't even using magic. But she hope he respected her technique. She had spent her whole life making something out of her life that had begun as worth nothing. These fists that were dangerous than any boxers. These tools that had more control over life than any surgeon's. She hope he acknowledged that if her fists were as strong as his...  "Except, you know, with your strength and speed. I need to get used to that level." Meira withdrew her hand, keeping an eye out on Berserker. Not a trace of red shone in its depths. She may not be able to even see the punch, but that's what she needed. A sheer innate realization of how fast things would get.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Bakery

The sweet aroma of freshly baked bread drifted through the bakery where Logan had just purchased a bag full of croissants. He gave the old lady behind the counter a parting wave and stepped out the door before slipping into the alleyway next to the building. At the end of the narrow passage was an old staircase that led to the flat above the bakery, the location Logan had chosen to set up shop for the Games. It was fairly small, but considering some of the places he'd lived in on assignment, it was quite comfortable.

Aside from that, the roof, which he had access to from the balcony on the back of the bakery, overlooked the center of the city. It was an ideal place to setup for scouting, although the position did feel somewhat exposed, considering that it was probably surrounded by the other participants. The threat they posed would decrease over time though, as they were eliminated...

Taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open and stepped inside the flat. The first room was a connected living space and kitchen with a small bar running between the two, and adjoined onto the far side of the living space were a bedroom and bathroom. Although he'd considered the possibility of a female Servant, it hadn't crossed his mind until after the summoning that she would have to stay with him. Thankfully, she'd spent the night in spirit form though, and he'd been able to avoid sleeping on the couch. Not that he wouldn't have, but the bed was definitely more comfortable than the lumpy old thing.

"Soup's on." Logan said as he entered the living space and sat the bag of baked goods on the bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Illya - Library

Spoiler:

"If you are an Assassin, you're a rather poor one,"

Assassin peers at the voice, a middle age man dressed in common folk clothes. He looked at Assassin with curiosity tilted in his eyes.

"Ah yes. Archer was it?....I see you have gotten quite accustomed to modern times rather quick."

Assassin immediately identified the man's class with just a glance, even behind the mask Assassin's eyes were like that of a predator reading another predator's actions. Ignoring the sniped comment Archer threw at him, Assassin seemed to have now changed his focus to the Servant in front of him.

"It sure took you awhile to notice me, I was starting to question if your eyes could only see darkness."

He jokes, his voice old and ragged as he spreads his arms rather comically.

"Well...Not that it matters, you being slow has allowed me to collect a few books to entertain me during this silly war, hahaha..."

Now one could question if Assassin was joking or was just tempting the opposing Servant. Regardless of which, Assassin was showing one thing, he wasn't afraid of Archer.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Payne - Bakery

Lancer stood at the open door balcony, overlooking the city in a wide gaze. It seemed as if she hadn't moved since Logan left. Everything was quiet…so far.

When the door closed with a soft click she turned around. Her appearance had changed. Her long brown hair was now caught in a pony tail and she had exchanged her Servant dress for something more casual. However, wearing jeans shorts and a simple top together with high heels did very little to hide her beauty.

She sat down in the chair and peeked in the bag. It took her almost a good minute, but finally she selected something and took a bite. Obviously happy with it, she took another bite.

"This isn't soup," she said quite determined and leaned back in the chair, propping her feet up on the table.

---------------------------------------------------------

Illya - Library

Jayce entered the room after giving a short knock. He nodded respectfully towards the elderly man. "How are you, Jacques?" he asked quietly, his blue eyes staring at him unblinking, watching for any gesture and reaction.

After a few seconds he broke eye contact and walked over to the tray in the corner. It contained a selection of prominent liquors. Pouring himself a glass with a steady hand, he turned back around to Jacques.

"You must be quite pleased with Archer as your Servant?" Jayce asked and raised his glass in an appreciative gesture. Of course he guessed the answer to that already. Archer. One of the Three Knight classes. Who wouldn't be happy with this?

He took a sip and then sat down across from Jacques. "Are you ready to begin in earnest then? Where do you want me to go first?"
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Bakery

Logan chuckled softly from behind the bar as he poured himself a glass of water. "No, it's not soup. My apologies for the miscommunication. I'll try to refrain from using modern terminology where possible."

He reached over to the bag, which she'd left on the counter and pulled it in his direction. After a second of looking over the contents, he pulled out two of the baked goods inside, sat one on a napkin, and took a bite out of the other.

"I don't expect much activity from the others for the first day or two. They'll be busy setting up defenses..." He spoke thoughtfully as he ate his breakfast. "I've never really been one for defending a position though. One of the reasons I chose this place is because it's small and hard to find. That alone isn't a great defense, but it does allow me to be a bit more leisurely with how I use my time."

He took a sip of water to wash down the bread and leaned over the counter. "So then, shall we do like the rest and prepare for our defense, or go our own way and prepare for our assault?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Gedo - Chapel

Raphael stared at the severed stump offered to him as a sign of proof, his face a hard mask. Although it was impossible to stop the idea that this was retribution for tampering in things against the law of God, he also could not help but feel a small twinge of sympathy for the broken creature sitting before him. She may have lost her Servant, her hopes of victory, and her pride, but perhaps she could gain something more precious here.

"It is my duty to minister to both body and mind," he said, taking her good hand. "You will be cared for her for the duration of the Games. Please, follow me."

He had not anticipated guests so early on, and would need to gather more provisions for the woman's stay. But in the meantime, he could at least offer humble accomodations for her to rest and heal.

--------------------

Noin, Jorg - Library

"Jayce," Jacques said with a smile, raising the young man's arm with his left hand and shaking it with his right. He gestured to the table with drinks before taking a seat and waiting for his guest to do the same.

"Yes... a knight Servant, and the one best suited to me. I've been most fortunate," the old man replied. That said nothing of the skills and Noble Phantasms he'd gleamed from his earlier discussion with Archer. It was hard to anticipate the strength of the other Servants, but Jacques felt confident in his chances.

"Yes, to business," he sighed, his facing becoming grave. "I would first like to locate the bases of the other Masters today, before we decide to scout in the evening. I already know where the Clocktower Master is established. That leaves the other five still to be found. The morning after the ritual is an ideal time. After all, magic, especially of this magnitude, leaves traces that are difficult to contain."

--------------------

Spoiler:

The air was suddenly cold and tense. Now Archer was viewing the strange apparition as a distinct enemy. To perceive one's class in battle was standard - but to read it at a glance was most unusual. The strange Servant's manners did nothing to help this perception, showing little fear in the face of a knight-class Servant, regardless of the environment.

"You are a strange one, Assassin," Archer said softly. "If that's who you are."

Perhaps no other Servant would have made a statement like that, but Archer had encountered many strange things in his time. This would hardly be the strangest.

"If all you came to collect was books, then I will allow you to leave unharmed. But if you came for trouble-"

Archer's gaze sharpened like a razor, his killing intent decisive now.

"Then you would be most unwise, not-so-Silent Killer."

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Illya - Library

Spoiler:

Assassin mockery soon faded as he remained silent. His eyes never leaving Archer's. His body was tense and his blood cold, he had not expected Archer to so easily unravel his trick.

"Fu, was I too careless?"

Assassin form beings to fizzle like static, his form twisting and fading as another took is place. Instead a woman, slightly taller than what Assassin showed to be, long hair, dark robes and a dark aura to boot. Her face hidden by a faceless white mask, that hid all facial expression.

"What a useless Noble Phantasm, could it hide my Servant aura it would be much more useful."

The woman voice betraying her aura of dread, a voice of complete disappointment and lack of care for her current situation. And yet she smiled, even with the mask, somehow it could be seen, a smirk.

"Don't worry Archer, this was just a test. Though likely not the smartest one."

A sigh, really this woman showed complete lack of respect toward Archer, no fear, no care, really, it almost feels as if whether it was Archer or someone else entirely, she would still treat them the same.

"Still to have been so quick to see through it, clearly you're not just an ordinary hero? Ah~ that killing intent, is that how a hero should gaze upon a lady? Fufu~~"

Again with the taunting, Caster was likely pushing pass her boundaries, 'test' Caster was playing here was what could best explain this situation, showing lack of regard and lack care, Caster just continued to push the button and taunt Archer. This was a 'test' of patience set by Caster toward the closest Heroic Spirit she could find.
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:57 am

Meira -- Berserker (Warehouse)

Berserker remained silent as his master laughed and smiled for the first time since he had been summoned. Listening as she told him off he was ever so slightly caught of guard when her own punch flew at him, flicking his hair with its force. Because he had been summoned with magic he had assumed that this girl was like the sorceress of his time, caring little for the physical world except to slate there desires, when they remembered them. In fact his master Meira appeared to be someone who would fight with her fists just as soon as with her mind.

Nodding his head somewhat he took a half step back and punched, his fist travailing at its maximum power. To the eyes of a normal person it would have been hard to trace and in comparison to Meira's punch the blast of air would be considered a weapon.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:50 am

Payne - Bakery

Lancer finished eating in silence, her gaze wandering out the window again. It wasn't clear if she had listened to Logan until she lifted her finger and turned to look at him.

"Don't ever underestimate your enemies. There is no time to waste. I would wager they are already hard at work, preparing and planning," she said and began to twirl a lock of her hair around her finger.

"Lucky for you, you didn't summon me here. However there are other ways another Servant may detect my presence. Therefore leaving this place defenseless would be stupid." She threw him a challenging look.

She paused and put a finger on her chin. "I'd make it a priority to know where the enemy is before launching an assault," she finally said and shrugged. "I assume you have a plan." she stated in a manner that left little doubt about her expectation for the answer that would come from Logan.

-----------------------------------------------------

Illya - Library

Jayce nodded in agreement. He downed the remaining contents of his glass and set it down softly. Usually his gaze was stern and distant, but it became softer whenever he looked at Jacques. A person common to both had united them and even though it felt strange to Jayce to be helping someone, he respected the old man.

"I'll make it my priority to gain information about their locations," he said and then tipped against his temple. "I have the names of the Masters from when you attended the banquet. That should help narrow the search down." A sly smile spread across his face.

Jayce stood up. "I'll report back to you as soon as I can, Jacques."
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Gedo, Ryu - Warehouse

After he released some of his pent-up frustration, Ro had bought a large amount of food, put it in a crate he bought lined with tin-foil, and layered inside with wooden boards so the food wouldn't get mixed up and messy, and then Quickly and quietly moved through the city from the roof-tops and alleys so as to not stand out, and arrived back at the warehouse.

Once there, he "unpacked" the crate full of food, laid out a feast, and put the rest of the food in storage. There was enough food laid out to feed several people. He would then appear at Meira's side as ghost-like as ever. With a bow, he spoke "The meal is ready, Milady". Oh lord how he'd enjoy the day the cur in human form before him would be put an end to.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Bakery

Logan couldn't stop a smile from tugging at the corners of his mouth at Lancer's retort, and he tipped back his glass of water, draining the remainder of its contents. "Yes ma'am." Was the only response he offered as he sat the glass in the sink and then made his way around the bar.

"Obviously, I set up some wards on this location when I chose it." He said, waving towards a series of runes that had been inked onto the wall by the door. "But we both know that anyone trying hard enough will be able to see past them, and traditional defenses have never been my forte anyway."

Logan sat down in the old chair across from the couch, and although it creaked in protest, he didn't seem to notice it. "It's not difficult to find out where Lannister will set up his headquarters, considering the show they put on last night. So, he would be the easiest to scout. However, I suspect that several of the other Masters will have the same idea. So, what I suggest is that we go fishing. We'll use Lannister as the bait and see who bites."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Payne - Bakery

"Indeed I noticed," she said, glancing at the door.

There was a short silence after Logan finished speaking. Finally Lancer nodded and stood up. "Let's go then." From her expression it was unclear what exactly she thought of the idea and how much she really agreed with it, however no word of protest crossed her lips.

She stayed in her casual clothes, choosing to keep her appearance more human in case they did come across any bystanders.

"Anything else you need?" she asked and headed for the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:59 pm

"Shiyan Fu": Raphael (Chapel)
"I thank you for that, father. I should be safe enough, especially when I cannot even make a pact with a new servant." She followed him inside. Her memories worked like clockwork. She either knew things or she didn't. She of course didn't not find it suspicious, she was made to think that. But she still acknowledged the fact. She acknowledged something was wrong. But there was no critical thought. It was a fact. She didn't care about it. Meng Yui was locked in Shiyan Fu's mind... No, it wasn't even that. It was a mind of a puppet. A machine.

Meira: Berserker (Warehouse)
Woosh. It had been faster than she was prepared for, of course. No one could accurately guess how powerful a servant was until they've seen one. Meira stumbled back, her face stinging a bit from the air that had smacked her in place of his fist. She bit down on her popsicle, swallowing a large chunk and spitting out the rest. "Okay I..." Suddenly she grabbed her head as if in pain. "Ow ow ow, brainfreeze... Uhgyuck... I need to work on this before trying it again. Go back to... doing whatever boring crap you do." Respect for his guarding duties? None. She waved him off and walked away. Not like there was anywhere else to go, but it was a not-so-discrete way of saying not to bother her.

Meira: Ro/Berserker (Warehouse)
Meira was off facing a wall in the warehouse when Ro returned. She was busy making slow deliberite punches and watching the motion very carefully. One did not train their sight by watching fast things. Time was infinitesmall. Even the shortest of durations had an infinite amount of time between it. In this aspect, it did not matter if one was fast or slow. The time was the same. To notice more and more specks between the marks...

Of course her annoying ass lackey inturrupted her introspection. Not that it was his fault. And she was hungry. But he was still an annoyance. She turned to him, her eye gleaming a faint red while she cracked and twitched her fingers. Her smile was sincere. "Listen you parasitic crap-eater, I don't need your unqualified politeless. If I need to be reminded of your place as a degraded pig's piss-stain, I'll do it myself by snapping your legs so you roll around and squeal at my feet." She didn't like nice. That's probably why her asshole of a father sent this man. A trained dog.

She left then, heading to pick up a pre-packaged italian sub. Her venom was so casual that its intensity may well have been lost on Ro. She hated that man as she hated everyone else in the world. A clear dislike, with a clear head. Meira would pleasantly torture him to death, as one would bask in the revenge in a much-hated enemy. And she had just met him.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Gedo - Chapel

Raphael nodded in acknowledgement of Meng Yui's thanks, though he felt there was some error in her words.

"Do not think that the other magi are merciful," he told her, his voice gruff. "They don't all need a reason to kill. You would be wise not to leave the chapel until the affair is over."

He stopped before a wooden door, showing her living accomodations for her stay. After promising to bring food once she'd cleaned herself and rested, he returned to the front of the church and sat on the front pew, brooding silently.

So, the first Master had already been taken out, by her own Servant no less. Berserker had no Independent Action like Archer, nor the prowess to obtain mana like Caster. He would be unlikely to last long, although that could make him even more dangerous.

"Tonight should see the first clashes of battle," he thought, shutting his eyes.

--------------------

Payne, Noin - Bakery

Calisa breathed in the fresh air, eyes sparkling with excitement at the bustle and freedom of Dusseldorf's streets. There was something oddly thrilling about the people passing her by with little notice; it didn't give her a sense of loneliness, but a sense of belonging, as though it were only normal and unworthy of attention that she be there.

Her first stop had been to the clothing boutiques, and she'd been thrilled to try on the stylish fashions and twirl at her reflection in the mirror, feeling like a whole new person.

All this fun had worked up a little bit of appetite, but, fortunately, she'd spied a nice bakery nearby. With a few croissants in hand and a hot chocolate in the other, she sat a table and slowly chewed and sipped, gazing at the city around her.

"It's almost laughable how easy my wish is to achieve," she thought, sighing and running a hand through her long, silky hair. "And yet I stand less of a chance of getting it than any of the Masters here."

Masters... The word made her tilt her head curiously at the sight of a young man and a beautiful woman exiting from an apartment above the bakery. She had not, of course, been allowed anywhere near the banquet, but she's still been able to observe the Masters as they departed. And she was quite sure he had been the first one to leave.

--------------------

Jorg, Noin - Library

Archer was hardly surprised when Asssassin dropped his act, his shape warping into that of a lovely, raven-haired woman in dark robes. She seemed surprised by his deduction, thinking she'd slipped up somehow.

"Don't sell yourself short, Caster," he replied, arms folded as he regarded her. "You're not the first sorceress I've encountered."

Yes, it was his instinct, rather than an error on her part, that allowed him to see through her deception. Archer smiled calmly in response to Caster's words of empty flattery, though it didn't reach his eyes.

"Which is also why I've come to the understanding that no woman learned in magic is fitting to be called a lady."

Yes, taunting was an ineffective tool on one such as Archer, one he'd found to be used by the weak against the weak. Few things had to the power to anger him, and she would be hard-pressed to find them.

--------------------

Jacques gazed warmly at Jayce, grateful for this man who would stake his life for Jacques' most fervent desire. The fondness and respect of the young for the old was never unappreciated either.

"I look forward to hearing of your success," he said, taking Jayce's hand in a firm handshake before watching him leave.

--------------------

Fooly - Town Hall

Dowth poured over his tomes in silence, feeling immensely satisfied by the previous night's events. All was going according to plan, and before long, he would have the respect and power he deserved.

"Grandfather," came Annabelle's voice, and he looked up to see his granddaughter standing in the doorway of the office, staring blankly at him.

"Yes, speak," he said, setting his book down to look at her.

"Shall I get supplies? We haven't any stores of food or other necessities," she said dully, as though the matter hardly affected her. Dowth stroked his chin and turned to gaze out the window.

"Yes... I think so," he replied. "And take Saber with you. It would be good for him to get a lay of the land."

Annabelle nodded and left, walking out the side door unnoticed by the rightful occupants of the building.

"You heard, yes?" she said to Saber, knowing he was there despite not seeing him. "Will you continue in spirit form, or manifest?"

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Illya - Library

Caster remained silent at Archer comment, simply examining his expression and intention. After concluding that Archer spoke only truth, she continued.

"I see, you must have a bad experience with...what was the name again? Ah yes Witches."

Caster voiced her conclusion, though it seemed she had to think a while to find the right word. Turning around, now ignoring Archer for a few seconds as she picked up a particular book in the shelves about some mythology. After picking it up, she turns around with book in hand, though her aura of dread remained, her voice showed signs of relaxation.

"By the way Archer, what do you think of these books? I am most intrigued by them, back then recording past events seemed rather worthless to me, though reading them is most enjoyable."

Caster opens the book as flips a few pages, indicating her interest in them. This was Caster main reason to invading this territory, she wanted it for herself and she was most annoyed when she learned that another Servant was occupying it. She almost thought of just stealing the whole building, but decided that that was too much work for just luxury, after all she was Masterless, she needs to save her mana if she doesn't want to fade way.

Of course she still came to take what she wanted from it, also to discover if the Servant in this library at least had some brain to put proper use to it. So far that seemed to be the case.

"Ah, I went on a ramble there, silly me, Hero like yourself would care less about the opinion of a lowly creature like myself~~."
Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Retro-post: Night of the summoning

Saber nodded and gave a small smile. One could mistake it for joy, others could spot it as the kind of smile that someone gets when they get exactly what they were expecting. He put a hand on his sword, and rested it on the hilt. "Then by my sword I swear that any who stand in the way of the Grail will know how cold it tastes." Not waiting for a reply Saber entered his spirit form to take watch.

Present

Guard duty ticked on painfully slowly, but that was expected. Every small movement had to be watched until the Servant Assassin lay dead once more. Of course any Assassin worth his gold would be able to slip in and be ready for the kill before he could sense their presence. Mistakes can be made however.

Morning came and he was roused to readiness by his Master's words. He stalked to the lady's side as she slipped out of the side door. "Yes, I heard." he responded to her "Unless something happens, I'll remain how I am."
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 am

Berserker stood backwards at the same time as Meira, watching her reaction to his demonstration. At first he thought she was fine, if a little shocked till, after beginning to speak she grabbed her head in pain and started to yell about brainfreeze. Thinking this could be an attack Berserker grabbed the blade Meira had given him and looked around. However as far as he could tell there was no one around and his master didn't appear to be considering this brainfreeze and attack.

Some what puzzled Berserker picked up the ice that Meira had been eating and tried some. The sudden cold took him by surprise, as well as the flavours. Clearly this must have been the source of her brainfreeze, so why eat it even if the flavours were interesting. Dropping the remnants Berserker returned to spirit form and headed out, deciding to scout the area around the building.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Logan let out another raspy chuckle as Lancer got to her feet and made for the door. "A woman of action... I like it." He said as he got up to follow.

At the door, he grabbed his coat from the hook on the wall and pulled it on, but Logan left the hood down this time. No sense in drawing unnecessary attention...

"No, I'm good to go." He responded as he stepped out the door behind Lancer and turned to lock it.

His fingers froze on the latch for half a second. Was he imagining it? This competition would be nerve racking. He had not illusions about that, but he'd been under pressure before, and it had never caused him to be more paranoid than normal.

Taking a slow breath, he turned the key to lock the door and followed Lancer down the stairs that led to the street. No, he wasn't imagining it. The familiar feeling of eyes on his back was real. Had they already been found?

Logan didn't turn to look yet. That would be too obvious.

"Do something that gives me a reason to turn around." He mumbled in Lancer's direction. "Someone's watching us, and I want to know who."
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Payne - Bakery/Street

They left the apartment and started walking down the street. Logan's words were unexpected, but the possibility that someone was already watching them didn't come as a surprise. She picked up on his intent immediately.

Lancer slowed to a stop and picked up a pair of sunglasses from a nearby newsstand. Pretending to look at herself in the mirror for a second, she used the chance to cast a glance on the street behind her in the mirror.

"Hey, don't you think those look good on me?" she called out when Logan had passed her by a couple steps, giving him the opportunity to turn around without raising any suspicion. Despite the sunglasses, she looked at him, waiting for his reaction to whatever had him on edge.

--------------------------------------------------

Streets

Jayce stood in the empty office of the librarian, one finger pressed against his lips. His other hand played with a pen and his blue eyes were fixed on the map of Dusseldorf that was pinned up against the wall. There were a few marks on there, points of interest he circled.

The pen spun between his fingers and for a while it was the only sound in the room. Finally he sighed and scribbled down a few addresses in his notebook.

Wasting his time thinking about all the possible hideouts wasn't going to get him anywhere. He was much more comfortable if he could take action. Following this thought, he headed out the door and was greeted by late morning sun.

There were a few important things to know about magi, especially if you hunt them for a living. For one, they were traditional. They liked old buildings. The odds were good, one of the historical buildings in this city served as a base camp for one of the Masters.

With this thought in mind, Jayce began making his way to the closest one, the Kaiserpfalz. A smile played around his lips when he stepped onto the train. "This is what I do..." he said to himself. "Now let the Games begin."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Jorg - Library

Spoiler:

Bad experiences with witches...

Archer did not reply, but only offered a knowing smile. He watched as she turned her attention to the books once more, her delicate fingers tracing the bindings of several volumes before she found one to pique her interest. At this, she seemed to recall the other Servant's presence and spoke to him about the wonders of books.

"I seldom find anything written that does not have some value," he said evenly, noting that despite her use of trickery and deception before, she seemed to have an honest interest in the library. Of course, he didn't buy her self-depreciation for a moment.

"On the contrary," Archer answered calmly. "The greatest knowledge always seems to he held by those most unpleasant. And besides, no good ever came from disregarding a witch."

--------------------

Fooly - Streets

With Saber's status confirmed, Annabelle paid him no more heed as she made her way down the streets, cold and focused as the bustle and pleasant activity of her surroundings made no difference to her. As she cut down an alleyway, a figure moved suddenly from the corner, grabbing hold of her hand. She stopped short, but made no other indication that she had noticed.

Spoiler:

"Well, aren't you a pretty little thing?" the man said, his breath rancid as he leaned in to smell her hair. His clothing and hair were dirty, as though he'd spent the night sleeping there - which he very likely had.

"Be a good girl and come with me, and I won't have to do anything nasty to you," he whispered, his grimy fingers trailing down her pale, delicate arm. Annabelle gave no response or moved for a moment, then spoke suddenly, as though to the air.

"No, that won't be necessary," she said, feeling the spirit beside her tensed for action. The man, misinterpreting her words, turned her about and pressed her against the wall, leering into her expressionless face.

"You want to rethink that? Someone could get hurt," he hissed, pulling out a rusty pocket knife. Annabelle regarded him calmly with her blue eyes, disregarding the weapon aimed at her throat.

"Too late for that..." she replied, the black of her pupil expanding to eclipse the blue of her iris and the whites of her eyes. Instantly, the man released her as though she were white-hot, staggering back with his face a mask of panic and terror.

"N-no, stay away!" he whispered hoarsely, slashing at the air and staggering about drunkenly. Annabelle moved from the wall, stepping slowly closer as the man gave up fighting his invisible assailants and sank to the ground in a miserable huddle, crying and groaning like a tortured soul before a scream was rent from his throat. He began to claw at his eyes like a rabid animal, as though trying to rid himself of the visions he was seeing. But that did no good - they were in his mind, where he could never escape them.

"Sometimes I wonder what they see," Annabelle murmured, her shoe prodding carelessly at the man's head as he continued to mutilate himself. "What makes them so afraid."

Her eyes returned to normal, and she turned abruptly on the spot, heading for the exit to the alley without a backward glance, as though there had been no interruption.

"Then it passes," she finished, turning the corner into the street, the memory of the incident already banished from her mind as irrelevant.

Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Illya, Noin - Street

Seeming to be surprised by the question, Logan turned to look in Lancer's direction. His eyes darted past her for a few moments, scanning the crowd. A woman sitting in front of the bakery averted her gaze just as his passed over her, a nervous tick of someone not wanting to be caught observing. Why had she been looking though? Logan wasn't vain by nature, but it wouldn't be the first time a woman had simply been staring at him because of his looks. Usually, they didn't stare so intently that he noticed it though...

Taking note of her features, he turned his attention back to Lancer, and shook his head at the sight of her. "Honestly, I think you could make a burlap bag look good, but I don't like them." He reached out and pulled the shades from her face. "You shouldn't hide a pair of eyes like those."

Sitting the shades back on the stand, he turned back in the direction they had been moving and offered Lancer his arm to make their parting seem more natural until they had turned down the next street.

"The cultured looking woman with the sunfire hair..." Logan whispered as he released her arm. "She wasn't a Servant, or you would have noticed her before I did. Maybe a stray magus scouting out the territory for one of the factions?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:41 am

Illya - Library

"Pfff." Caster laughs, it was light and cheerful, though a bit of irony could be felt in it "Ah Archer, if you keep calling people monsters, they'll end up as monsters. Food for the thought." she waves his hand elegantly.

Archer was interesting, he seemed a rather intelligent fellow, yet his preconception about Caster seemed to be a firm belief, a tip to when she researched history. Regardless she had stayed there perhaps too long.

"Hmmmm~~ I've decided Archer, I'll leave this territory for you. A token of gratitude for entertaining me with a pleasant talk." Caster's feet begin to lift into the air, her hair and whole body and even the books levitating as if in water. So long as you are alive I'll restrain myself from taking this place for me."

Caster and the books slowly from down to up begin to fade into dust

"Well...Though I'll likely come here again if I need more information~~<3"

And finally she's gone, Caster and her books, and with her, the feeling of dread creeping in vanished. Now more than ever the difference could be felt, it was as if despair itself had bathed the whole room in mud and then washed it all up in a second.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Gedo, Ryu - Warehouse

As Meira finished with her name-calling, Ro stood tall from his bow, replacing the usual look in his eyes was, not rebellion, nor rage, but pure madness. Nothing else was given away from them. Saying nothing, he then simply seemed to disappear from the room. It was obvious to him that she held hatred or some other form of animosity towards him. What she didn't know was that the feeling was absolutely mutual.

Ro stood outside the warehouse perimeter now, in an unassuming place where only those that were actually looking for something or someone would find him. At least, for those that looked at the place from outside. Anyone that was, say patrolling or just walking around the place could still find him well enough. He was pondering whether or not to go grab a bit himself.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Payne - Bakery/Street

Lance gave a small laugh and allowed him to put the sunglasses back. "Thank you," she said, "I wouldn't use them though. They make seeing…weird." She sounded a little unsure, as if she didn't know how to phrase the effect the sunglasses had.

After he had gotten a good look at the woman, they continued their way. "I saw her in the mirror. Having magi around isn't too disconcerting as long as they stay alone."

"Could you have known her from somewhere else?" Lancer asked after a while.

------------------------------------------------

Kaiserpfalz

Jayce stepped off the road and began to head for the old walls that surround the old castle of Kaiserpfalz. Climbing it with ease, he sat down and just observed for a couple minutes. He had decided to approach not from the main entrance, but from the side.

Nothing but the animals in the surrounding woods and the faint sounds of the city around him could be heard and he was unable to detect any movements. Maybe it was time to use some of his other senses. He pulled out a glass bottle filled with water and poured it over his hand and on the ground.

Placing his hand on the ground, he mumbled a few verses. This allowed him to scan a limited area around him for any activities that required a lot of mana, similar to a radar.

Finally he looked up. "Mh…interesting." he murmured. There was no immediate response, only faint traces, which could mean anything. Jayce pulled out the map again and glanced at it. Did he want to investigate further or try his luck at another location?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:53 pm

She had been doing her regular routine. Nothing special. Intensive training too soon would just tired her out. She need to sleep light these nights, certainly not before Assassin was dead, and at least not until her plan began. Meira was moving just to keep her body ready. But honestly, she had been raised her whole life differently. Right now, there was hardly anyone around. There was hardly anything to do. So she finally decided to kill time with the help of someone else.

"Hey Berserker, come over here. I've been wondering, but aren't you curious about this world? You told me you had basic knowledge, but that should only make things more interesting for you. So what is it you want?" She hangs her hands out, open as if anything the world was hers to give. "I can give pretty much anything you're curious about, though the larger things may take some time. Weapons? Technology? Entertainment? Books? Drugs?" She's kinda pouting in an annoyed way right now. "Half the reason why I summoned the Berserker class was 'cause I thought they'd be fun..." No Meira. Having an uncontrollable raging beast that could tear you apart is not usually considered fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games IC
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next