Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Skin Search

Go down 
+4
BBomb
NoIn-LoKi
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Skin Search - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Ditto, can't see the picture

TYOo lazy to image source it
Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:51 pm

tried, didn't work
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:52 pm

*pulls out fistfulls of hair*

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

no, treat your hair better than that, bad Illya
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
That's not possible.. how can you not see it in the picture?

Yes, grey with black dots.

says image broken here, had to image source it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Screw it, I just used a grey background.

http://rpbskintest.forumotion.com/

So, does everyone like it then?

Back to top Go down
RyubosJ
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
RyubosJ

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:09 pm

I do, although the buttons will need to change
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 pm

i don't like the buttons either
and i don't really like the font for the tabs such as 'home' 'members' etc
can't really comment on the rest, seems to be pretty straight forward
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 pm

I've only been working on the front page, if you're referring to thinks past that point.

I made new buttons for Home, etc. I'm uploading them now.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:21 pm

i see

well i can't really say i like it until i've seen the while thing
looks good so far i guess

so are you going to award yourself 10,000 points Skin Search - Page 3 4276320252 or were you planning on doing the whole thing yourself from the start?
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 pm

NoIn-LoKi wrote:
i see

well i can't really say i like it until i've seen the while thing
looks good so far i guess

so are you going to award yourself 10,000 points :rolleyes:or were you planning on doing the whole thing yourself from the start?

She should give them to us for working so hard to find some for her O:

Besides that, I like the new background. still too bright for some of the RPB denizens.
Back to top Go down
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Open some blinds and it should be better. :0
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Foolcoolylover wrote:
Open some blinds and it should be better. :0

I didn't mean me lol, This room is plenty bright.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Okay.

I don't need points lol. No, but since every normal skin I found seemed to plain, I just decided I might as well try making my own.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:45 pm

well i'm glad you let us know Skin Search - Page 3 4276320252 we like wasting out time posting useless suggestions....

and no offense Illya, but the font you used for the new buttons is awful >.> i can hardly read it on my phone and i had to look twice to see what it says on my computer....
yes, i admit it's a personal preference and i know you can't please everyone, blah blah, but i don't like twirly fonts and i just wanted to mention it's hard to read
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Prisma*Illya wrote:
Okay.

I don't need points lol. No, but since every normal skin I found seemed to plain, I just decided I might as well try making my own.

pretty sure my WoW one wasn't plain(This one: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/WoWMaevahEmpire )

But meh. Do me and Noin still get points for our hard work?
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:47 pm

NoIn-LoKi wrote:
well i'm glad you let us know :rolleyes:we like wasting out time posting useless suggestions....

and no offense Illya, but the font you used for the new buttons is awful >.> i can hardly read it on my phone and i had to look twice to see what it says on my computer....
yes, i admit it's a personal preference and i know you can't please everyone, blah blah, but i don't like twirly fonts and i just wanted to mention it's hard to read

Agreed, the new font doesn't work, and it's even more 'girly' with it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 pm

I just started doing it today. So a little hard to give notice on that.

Fine. You make the buttons then.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:57 pm

look, it doesn't hurt to post it for others, you know, even if you mentally decided you were going to do it on your own >.>

well i would if you gave me anything specific. i don't even know what dimensions or kb size they need to be or if you just need to select a font ....
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:02 pm

NoIn-LoKi wrote:
look, it doesn't hurt to post it for others, you know, even if you mentally decided you were going to do it on your own >.>

well i would if you gave me anything specific. i don't even know what dimensions or kb size they need to be or if you just need to select a font ....

Yea, we need information to work with : o
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Spiriter wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:
Gee, thanks lol. Skin Search - Page 3 4276320252

I don't like the grey as much, but it's all right.

And why are we not having this discussion on the skin search thread?

Anyway, the grey background works, sure, but you should have the center a darker color too. Dark Forest Green maybe.

no, just no >.> why in the world would you want a green background and one that will be in contrast to any font color you could select? you know how much that is going to hurt your eyes?
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm

NoIn-LoKi wrote:
Spiriter wrote:
Prisma*Illya wrote:
Gee, thanks lol. Skin Search - Page 3 4276320252

I don't like the grey as much, but it's all right.

And why are we not having this discussion on the skin search thread?

Anyway, the grey background works, sure, but you should have the center a darker color too. Dark Forest Green maybe.

no, just no >.> why in the world would you want a green background and one that will be in contrast to any font color you could select? you know how much that is going to hurt your eyes?

Random suggestion, the color was just an example. I just meant a darker color would be better.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm

What do you think I just did? I posted the link saying I was making a skin and asked people's thoughts. I don't know how much more I'm supposed to do.

Go make a forumotion forum, then look in the admin section at allll the different options you can chose for every button and picture on the forum. Then you guys will know what I'm working with and why nitpicking every little thing after I've been working on it for hours is slightly irritating.

But hey, like I said, if you guys want to, make your own skins just the way I'm doing it. Customize everything exactly the way you like it. Then we'll see which one people like best.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Spiriter:
oh okay

well i'm not opposed to having the grey a few shades darker, but i don't mind the light grey either
i just get bothered by too much color really

Prisma*Illya wrote:
What do you think I just did? I posted the link saying I was making a skin and asked people's thoughts. I don't know how much more I'm supposed to do.

Go make a forumotion forum, then look in the admin section at allll the different options you can chose for every button and picture on the forum. Then you guys will know what I'm working with and why nitpicking every little thing after I've been working on it for hours is slightly irritating.

But hey, like I said, if you guys want to, make your own skins just the way I'm doing it. Customize everything exactly the way you like it. Then we'll see which one people like best.

Geez, Illya, what got into you?
you were the one who said it was a contest and once we posted suggestions, you simply started making your own. how am i supposed to know that it's not another example >.>

and no, i'm not making a forum, thank you. i'm very willing to help, but not to that extent. if i wanted to make my own skin, then i would not have bothered posting examples...
and we're not nitpicking everything. you asked for our opinion. what did you expect? that we applaud you and tell you everything is great? obviously you're putting a lot of work into it and i'm pretty sure we all appreciate what you're doing. that doesn't mean i can't say my opinion and if i don't like it, then i don't like it and no amount of saying how much work it is, is going to change that
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:15 pm

NoIn-LoKi wrote:
Spiriter:
oh okay

well i'm not opposed to having the grey a few shades darker, but i don't mind the light grey either
i just get bothered by too much color really

Prisma*Illya wrote:

Geez, Illya, what got into you?
you were the one who said it was a contest and once we posted suggestions, you simply started making your own. how am i supposed to know that it's not another example >.>

and no, i'm not making a forum, thank you. i'm very willing to help, but not to that extent. if i wanted to make my own skin, then i would not have bothered posting examples...
and we're not nitpicking everything. you asked for our opinion. what did you expect? that we applaud you and tell you everything is great? obviously you're putting a lot of work into it and i'm pretty sure we all appreciate what you're doing. that doesn't mean i can't say my opinion and if i don't like it, then i don't like it and no amount of saying how much work it is, is going to change that

What she said.

Noin: Just a few shades darker is what I'm saying.

Last edited by Spiriter on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skin Search   Skin Search - Page 3 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Skin Search
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next