Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis OOC III

Go down 
+4
madarrao
Payne
Prisma*Illya
NoIn-LoKi
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Well, I'm back. :0

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Foolcoolylover
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Foolcoolylover

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Welcome back. : o
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:52 pm

and I'm back *cheers*
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Yay for being back.

So, what's up?

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:10 pm

quite a bit...

I got through midterm week rather well, and I'm using my labtop since the motherboard in my desktop died again (I'm not certain, but it's probably true since it's happened before with the computer >.>)

On the plus side, Tsukihime is still saved on my labtop, so I can get back to watching that.

But I don't have my desktop save files, so I'm going to have to rewrite the posts I had saved.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:25 pm

You never finished Tsukihime? :O

Oh, that sucks. :/

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 pm

No, But I will be able to now Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 4134108735

Ya, it's happened quite a bit for some reason. I believe the dust accumulating on the motherboard is damaging it, so I try to clean off the dust every once and a while but it always ends up dying >.>
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:41 pm

So what point are you at? :0 And you played FSN already, right?

That's too bad. :/

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Ciel's route still, I'll probably just replay it from the start since it's been quite a while
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Oh, I see. So did you play FSN? :0

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Ya, I played all of it. We went over this :p
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:01 pm

I lose track. I've discussed it with many people. Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 4134108735

But you should play Shikkoku no Sharnoth when you finish Tsukihime. It's a really fantastic VN. :0

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:05 pm

That's a new one :0

What's it about?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Well, it's hard to talk about without giving stuff away. It takes place in an alternate universe steampunk version of Victorian England, where the discovery of engine technology has caused society to advance rapidly, though the resulting smog has covered the earth in a blanket of grey. Stories about the blue sky beyond are considered fairy tales now. In this world where there's no room for fairy tales, fairy tale monsters are being rumored to roam the streets of England. These Metacreatures are said to attack and murder innocent people during the night. Mary Clarrisa Christie is caught up in the mystery behind these occurrences when she's forced to form a contract with a shadowy man in order to save a friend.

Remember Mary and M from Fantasy Zero? They're from this VN. So is Jane Doe, actually. :0

It's a total anachronism stew of people from history and myth. (Agatha) Mary Clarissa Christie, Charlotte Bronte, Sherlock Holmes, Mrs Hudson, Inspector Lestrade, Sebastian Moran, Heinz Heger, Bram Stoker, Henry Irving, Winston Churcill, the Baskervilles, Joseph Capek, and Arthur Conan Doyle are just a few of the characters involved.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 pm

That sounds pretty crazy, so it's like... mystery and investigation? That sounds pretty fun :0. Does it bounce between the characters, or does it have a central character of sort?

Marry and M? Was that your earlier rp before sortilege?
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:39 pm

It does bounce between characters sometimes, but the main character is Mary. The story comes in acts, of which there are five. Each act is divided into chapters, with two chapters making up an arc. Each act focuses on a character that serves as the host for the Metacreature, having summoned the creature due to have some strong passion and a fear of "tomorrow" and what it may bring. That's why the subtitle for Shikkoku no Sharnoth is "What a Beautiful Tomorrow."

At the end of each chapter, you have to play a mini-game where Mary has to escape from the current Metacreature. You get unlimited walks, which move you one space, around 25 dashes, which move you three spaces, and like 10 sprints, which move you five spaces. The first part is collecting four "voices," which are squares on the map you have to land on. There's four gauges on the screen with numbers, which indicate how many spaces you are from the voice. It's pretty fun and stressful trying to navigate the maze-like landscape to reach the voices while four "Faeries" and a Metacreature chase you. If the faeries make contact with you, your mental state decreased. If your state reaches "despair," you lose. If the Metacreature makes contact with you, you automatically lose.

In the second part, you have to reach a certain square on the playing field to win (usually as far away from your starting position as possible. This time, there's these golden spaces on the field that you can lure the Faeries into. If they land on the space, they become trapped in that spot, which makes things easier for you. If you trap a certain amount, you unlock bonus concept art. :0

It's usually pretty intense, since the computer tends to be pretty smart and likes to cut off your escape routes, boxing you in so they can knock down your mental state and make you lose.

Yes. :0 Wait, were you not in that one? It was the one where they were trapped inside the MMORPG.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 pm

That does sound really interesting, and has a game that sounds pretty good it keep it fresh. I'll be sure to play it after Tsukihime.

I like the switching character mechanic a lot, it provides alternate perspectives and I find that any sort of entertainment that uses that mechanic tends to have a better feel to me.

Ya, I know what it was though since you've told me about it, and I've heard you talk about it when you were talking about stat systems. I started rping in Animecrazy when Anarchy first started up, you were well in your way into sortilege at that point.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Yes, they do it a fairly decent amount in this. :0 And it's pretty cool to have a VN with a game mechanic integrated. It's a really fun one too, at least to me.

Oh, I wasn't sure if you were one of the people involved. We had a pretty big crew for that one.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:58 pm

That's good, I know it's important to have a fun quality since if it's bad it can kill the immersion and such :0.

I would of definitley been in that one if I saw it, but when I first started checking out AC again there weren't any rps open besides unstable ones or sortilege. So ya :X

You usually don't have big crews though, did something happen with that rp :p
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Indeed. A lot of people complained about the mini-games, but that's probably because it requires planning and thinking, and they were just too dim to figure them out. Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 2332200876

So this is the first one you've done with me, right? :0

Well, since it was supposed to encompass a very large world and have a bunch of different character classes, I wanted to make sure we got to use all of them. :0

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 pm

They probably just wanted to continue the direct story, but if the problem with that thinking is that if you're that rushed then you aren't really enjoying the story as much as you should... (unless it's like a climax or something, then it tends to get rushed because I want to read the ending and get through the build-up so badly Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 87804517)

Yep, it feels a bit longer, because I used to talk to you when you posted rp guides and such.

Ah I see, it would be fun to do something like that again, but we're going to have to get more members. Maybe a big planned rp for the entire forum or something with the various gms, but I can already tell would be pain.. but it sounds like a fun idea
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, I love the story, but the buildup to the Metacreature chases is one of the most intense parts. :O

Ah, I see. :0

I guess it could be possible.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Ya, I guess I'll have to actually read the VN before I can say much :0

I doubt it though, it would be fun though, but it just feels like it would be utter chaos since every gm has such a different style :x
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Mkay. Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 4134108735

Very true. It would require a lot of work.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Posted Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 3680231627

I was waiting for Keynes' post but oh well, there was a chance I might get busier so posted Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 142249227
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis OOC III   Genesis Crisis OOC III - Page 20 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis OOC III
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next