Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape

Go down 
+4
Spiriter
Prisma*Illya
Renshi52
Payne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:47 am

Join, quickly stop posing around and helped Jacke look for clues. Since Jacke already went for the models he will check the exit.

"First off I'll like to apologize for posing around seeing those models almost had me in a trance of sort. I'll quickly check the exit to confirm for any clues or just a simple trick to see if we are truly locked in never hurts to check if the door can simply be unlocked and open." Join chuckled as he swiftly made his way over to the door.

"By the way could you tell me what you found over there?"
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Jacke

Room 2 B) Examine the Furniture

"There's 4 pedestals. 1 has a lion, 2 has an eagle, 3 is empty and 4 has a shark. I wonder what that could mean?"

Jacke looks over to Join examining the door.

"I'm gonna look at the furniture... You see anything over there?"

Marking his words with action, Jacke walks over to the sofa, thinking for a moment. He decides to check the undersides of the furniture, getting down onto the floor.

"Maybe there's something attached to the bottom of one of these chairs..."
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:30 am

B) Examine the furniture

- Luna -

"LVRMV?" Luna asked, blinking a couple times.

"Great, more cipher puzzles." She groaned.

Glancing at the painting Alecia had mentioned, Luna took a moment to consider it. "I'm vaguely familiar. It's one of Janmot's Poem of the Soul pieces, but I can't recall the exact title of this one."

She gestured to the empty space on the wall with one hand. "I think the bigger issue is that we're clearly missing an additional piece of art, and I get the feeling that will be important to us getting out of here."

"Maybe it's hidden somewhere else in the room?"
For the first time, Luna considered the other objects in the room, giving each item a curious glance to determine if it could hide the fourth painting.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Yù zǐ shuǐjīng
5-B

Yù zǐ blinked for a few seconds as Morgan explained his hypothesis.

"Well, I thought the winged statue would be a male if we were going the Female, Male, Female, Male pattern, but as it's not like we can look under the dress and it is sculpted to be ambigious while the rest are clearly developed pieces, you could be right to say that there is only one prominent masculine sculpture. So, yeah, let's go with your answer, at least unlike me, you got one choice while I ended up with two options."

Yù zǐ getured to the safe in the sofa to suggest Morgan to try his code. "Go ahead and dial it in."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:26 am

Master Post

Room 1

A) Examine the paintings
B) Examine the furniture
C) Examine the exit door

Alecia sighed. It didn't seem as though Luna knew the name of the mystery painting, which might have made things a bit easier on them. Maybe they could figure it out by process of elimination... assuming they could find the fourth painting.

"Yes, it has to be in here somewhere," Alecia said, glancing around. Her gaze naturally fell on the furniture, which were the only other thing in the room.

Luna seemed to be thinking along the same lines. Alecia gestured to the furniture, shrugged, and began to peer around it. As she worked, however, her mind was also working on the much larger puzzle - how to get out of this nightmare they'd walked into.

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" she said, sliding open the drawers on the end tables to find them empty. "Those other two... the medium and the pop star. Do you trust them?"

They'd already made it quite clear where they stood in relation to each other and her, but it was more than that. More than any of the others, there was something unnerving about their complete apathy. The way Yu zi turned the revelation that he'd destroyed three people's lives into a tribute of his own glory turned her stomach.

Join was disturbing for other reasons, and Cyrus seemed equally violent, if what they'd seen was true. That was another thing to worry about. If something caused them to snap, they could be just as dangerous as Goatman or his traps.

That left the list of reliable people uncomfortably short. Luna, Remy, Kenny, Jacke... and Pierce. He might be contentious, but there was a certain honesty to it that made it bearable.

Tossing aside the cushion on one of the chairs, Alecia gave a start. "Oh, a safe!" she exclaimed. Peering at it closely, she found it was built into the base of the chair. Inscribed was a diagram of the solar system above a single digital display.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Room 2

A) Examine the models
B) Examine the furniture
C) Examine the exit door

Join found a door on the left side of the room from where they'd entered, a door just like all the ones they'd encountered before. A 5-digit input was required, and inscribed above the digital display was the word "TELLS."

Meanwhile, Jacke searched through the furniture, moving aside chairs and tossing aside pillows until he found beneath the seat cushions of the sofa a safe with a single digit code. Inscribed was the word "July."

Room 3

A) Examine the flowers
B) Examine the furniture
C) Examine the exit door

Kenny cocked his head as Remy began to rattle off a variety of flower names. "Uh... yeah, sure. Those all sound like possibilities."

It was clear he didn't recognize most of those names.

Turning to hide his blush, he glanced at the first portrait and squinted. "That could be a daisy, like you said. My mom likes to plant daisies."

He glanced at the second picture and shrugged his shoulders. After a moment, he tousled his hair and looked around.

"Well, one of the frames is missing. Maybe we should try finding that first."

He and Remy approached the furniture, the only real place to look, and began to search. After a few moments, Kenny paused to glance at Remy.

"What we saw on those monitors... do you really think those guys might be psychopaths or something?" he asked, rubbing his arm uncomfortably.

While he spoke, Remy slid open one of the end table drawer's and found a small safe with a three digit code. Inscribed above it were the numbers "123."

Room 4

A) Examine the spheres
B) Examine the furniture
C) Examine the exit door

"Heh, jackpot," he mused. Kneeling down, he inspected the door. There was no hint of a code - just an input for a 3-digit code.

While ruminating in his head, he called out to Pierce and shared his findings with the other man. "From what I've gathered, it comes down to 324 or 325, not counting the missing sphere." He told him while going over his logic, noting the door he'd found.

Pierce glanced up from the safe as Cyrus approached to look at the safe. He listed off his two guesses, but Pierce shot him an unimpressed look.

"How do you figure?" he asked. "There's only four models, and the fourth one is missing. So I find 4 unlikely, and 5 even more unlikely."

He folded his arms and narrowed his eyes as he studied the safe. "You're overthinking. Logic says it's a three digit code, and we have three models out. So it should be some variation of 1, 2, and 3."

Pierce stood and turned to look at the models. Phases of the moon... yes, it was obvious enough. Half moon, crescent moon, and full moon.

"It's either increasing order or decreasing order," he surmised. "213 or 312."

He paused to watch as Cyrus reached to input one of the two codes. Then, he slid his foot in front of the pad, cutting off the other man's attempt.

"There's something I want to clarify first," Pierce murmured. "Did you really work for me at some point?"

It was strangely coincidental. And personally, Pierce didn't put a lot of stock in coincidence.

Room 5

A) Examine the statues
B) Examine the furniture
C) Examine the exit door

As Morgan input "2" into the safe, it gave a little chime and unlocked. When the medium swung the door open, they found the head of a man staring at them, his bearded face strong and chiseled.

At the same time, Yu zi crossed the room to inspect the exit door. It contained a five-digit input code, above which was inscribed "ZANAH."

================================================

Puzzle II: The White Rooms

Rules:

1) You only have three chances to enter the 5-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in the room.
2) Answers and clues can only be communicated IC. Keep it realistic.

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
"1" is the Mona Lisa
"2" is Botticelli's Venus
"3" is possibly one of Louis Janmot's Poem of the Soul pieces, a circle of five women
"4" is missing
The passcode is LVRMV

Room 2:
"1" is a white lion
"2" is a majestic white eagle
"3" is missing its model
"4" is a white shark
The passcode is TELLS

Room 3:
"1" is an eight-petal flower, possibly a daisy
"2" is a six petal flower
"3" is a four petal flower, possibly a clover
"4" is missing
The passcode is DLCHD

Room 4:
"1" is a half moon
"2" is a crescent moon
"3" is a full moon
"4" is missing
The passcode is unknown

Room 5:
"1" is a curving, feminine figure with both her arms missing.
"2" is a powerfully built male figure, probably some Greek hero or god, with its head missing
"3" is the bust of a woman, an elegantly sculpted head with a tiara emerging from her curls
"4" is a wined figure in a billowing robe with both its head and its arms missing
The passcode is ZANAH

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:58 pm

Join turned around back to face Jacke, he stepped forward while his right hand open palm out on his forehead and left horizontally placed under his chin, he announced to Jacke what he found.

Spoiler:

"The passcode is TELLS, from my own understanding it could be the first letter of each of the animals; S, E and L but that would leave two not there and one from the model we don't know. It could also be something from its own domain, like the lion is known as the king of the jungle like from that one movie. Eagles own the sky/air, and sharks the sea. But that is my own two cents anything by the furniture that we could use the probably try to break down the door if we can't figure it out?"
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Room 3

- Remy -

Remy looked away from the flowers. This wasn't getting them anywhere, especially if they both didn't know for certain what kind of flowers there were.

She began helping Kenny by looking through the furniture until she found the safe.

"Oh."

Kenny's question pulled her from her thoughts.

"You know…" she replied. "I'm just not sure. Of course what we saw was horrible, but it was only a short clip."

"We don't know their side of the story. We don't know if there's anything else to it or why they really reacted the way they did."

Remy shrugged.

"One thing is certain, that Cyrus guy has some serious issues…"

She looked back at the safe and then her eyes returned to Kenny once more. "What do you think?"

While waiting for Kenny's reply, she looked at the safe. The "123" inscription was confusing. Up until now, there had always been letters to give clues about the code. Entering "123" seemed way too easy.

What if it was the other way around this time?

"I wonder," she said and looked back at the flowers. "What if "1" tells us that it's flower number 1. If I assume that is a daisy, it starts with a "D" and the letter "D" is on number 3 on the keypad."

"That would make the clover with a "C" the third digit to be entered. "C" is on the number 2. But what about the second one?" Remy's eyes wandered back towards the door and the original code. DLCHD. Well that only left two letters. L or H.

"So the third must be "L" or "H"... and therefore 5 or 4" she hesitated. Was it okay to just guess? Remy took a deep breath. "So using that logic and a lot of assumptions the 3-digit-code would be 352 or 342. Does that sound right?"
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Jacke

After finding the safe, Jacke looks back at Join as he announces his findings. He stares blankly for a moment at Join making yet another pose. At this point he has come to accept his partner is going to continue making odd poses every now and then, so he presses on.

"Huh, that does seem to match... maybe its like the previous puzzle?"

Giving a small smile at Join's suggestion of breaking another thing, Jacke gestures to the safe he had uncovered.

"I don't think we'll be getting through that door, but I've found a safe. It's got a single digit code, the clue is 'July'. I guess 7 has a good chance of being the answer?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Room 3

- Kenny -

Kenny scratched at his head and shrugged.

"I guess. But... they didn't even try to deny it or justify it. Like it wasn't even a big deal to them. And Yu zi...

He winced and shook his head.

"I mean, writing a tribute to people who died because of your messed up actions? I don't know if that's just tone deaf or outright sociopathic."

Remy seemed to think Cyrus was the worst, but Kenny wasn't sure he agreed.

"I dunno," he murmured. "Cyrus is violent, but Join is violent and a creeper."

Remy studied the safe, and Kenny scooted closer to look. Remy started to theorize that the 123 pointed to flowers 1, 2, and 3. Kenny adjusted his glasses and nodded. It made sense.

But then she started to get into letter coding, and Kenny's eyes began to glaze over. When Remy looked over expectantly at him, he shrugged and looked over at the flowers.

"I guess, but... don't you think it's circular reasoning? Using the door code to solve the safe code to solve the door code?"

He stood up and narrowed his eyes at the frames, humming to himself.

"Let's take a step back. If we hadn't looked at the exit code, what would we have? 123, three frames, and three flowers with different...."

He trailed off, then clicked his fingers.

"Different petals. Different petals, right?" he said, pointing to them. They're all colored the same, so they're biggest distinguishing feature is their number of petals. So... we just put the number of petals for each picture number."

Kenny glanced at Remy, then shrugged.

"I mean, I think it makes sense. Or we could do yours. Sorry, I'm kind of indecisive," he said sheepishly.

Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Morgan (Room 5)

"Bingo!" Morgan shouted, as the safe clicked open, as he observed the head of the statue.  It obviously belonged to the second statue and the bearded face gave him the idea it was Zeus.  He took the head out and held it up to Yu Zi with a satisfied smile that the input was correct.

"I was confused as well, but then I realized the winged figure was the goddess of victory Nike.  Still.... looking at this code, it seems to be fairly similar to the last puzzle with the numbers on the statues matching with the code." Morgan stated, as he held the head closer to Yu Zi, "Though, at the very least all these rooms will be good material for your songs, poor Zeus here was beheaded!  Such treachery!"

Morgan placed the head down for a moment, as he examined the code further with him punching in the numbers for the gods he figured out quickly in his head.  The combinations were either...

"23431 or 21413." Morgan stated out loud for Yu Zi to hear with his hand under his chin with a more puzzled expression.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Room 3

- Remy -

"Oh my god! You're so right!" Remy slapped her forehead. "The petals. I thought about them in the beginning and then totally forgot about them."

Suddenly she looked a little embarrassed.

"I get sidetracked so easily and then I overthink stuff and lose track of the obvious," she admitted.

She kneeled down in front of the safe.

"Let's try the simple solution first: the petals," she declared at Kenny's indecisiveness. "And if that doesn't work, we'll try something more complicated."

"So for the petals it would be 864." Slowly she punched in the numbers after Kenny nodded his approval.

Remy thought about Kenny's words regarding the other participants. "Oh don't get me started on Join. That guy has a screw lose," she chuckled. "Have you seen those poses?"

"Not sure if he's like a psychopath, but I wouldn't want to meet him a dark alley."

She looked up at Kenny and smiled. "By the way thanks for saving me from getting partnered with him. I really appreciate that."

"Speaking of dark alleys...I also wonder about Pierce. He's so unapproachable. And it seems he has a history with Alecia, that lawyer lady."
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus felt like smacking himself in the face for letting his thoughts run off with him before he'd seen what the rest of the room had to offer. It was obvious now that he saw the number pad Pierce pointed out. He spoke while making a mental note to hold his horses next time. "...apologies, I got a bit ahead of myself."

As Cyrus made to try one of the two potential codes, Pierce blocked the pad with his foot, causing him to snap his head up to look at the other man out of reflex. "There's something I want to clarify first," Pierce murmured. "Did you really work for me at some point?"

An uncharacteristic grin slowly crept onto Cyrus' normally stony expression, albeit just barely. "We're not exactly a no-name company, but I figured the great mind behind Cybers wouldn't remember. Summer of ####, when you personally held an open showcase and one of your company's many offices. Several other times as well, but that was the one time I was directly involved. Something about having many enemies and needing to beef up security, as I recall."
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:14 am

Yù zǐ shuǐjīng
5-B

Yù zǐ took the chiselled head from Morgan and stared at it as he walked towards the Greek statues and looked at them while frowning as his mind went deep in thought.

"Well, if you say the first one is Aphrodite and the winged one, the fourth statue here is of Nike, then that leaves the second statue, the third and then this head."

Yù zǐ walked over to the headless but muscular built statue and proceeded to place the head that they found onto the statue to see if it was an exact fit or not.

"What I am thinking is that if I mix your findings with what I am thinking and go with the door code ZANAH then could it be possible that it goes like so..."

Yù zǐ didn't really expect for the head they found in the safe to go with the headless statue because he was thinking that it was the fifth piece linking to the five digit code.

"Z is for Zeus which is this head. A is for Aphrodite which is the first statue so that is One. Next, N is as you said for Nike and that would be 4. This leads to the next A which could be Athena and the third statue so three. Now we are left with H and if we take that as Hercules and link it with this muscular built statue, we give it the number 2."

The guy swept another look at the statues and the head. "ZANAH, if we give Zeus the head a 5, as in the fifth piece, then the code would go as so, 51432."

Yù zǐ spun around and faced Morgan, "Well, doesn't that boggle one's mind?" he said with a nervous laugh.

"Then again, if we do think that this male head is of Zeus and it sits perfectly fine on this powerfully built male figure which would denote the number 2 to Z, then what do you reckon we do with H at the end of the code of ZANAH? Is it for Hera and are the two female busts really both Aphrodite?" he questioned his friend. "It is tricky because we got a five digit code with four statues and a fifth piece that may or may not be a part of one of these statues."

Yù zǐ once again looked at the Headpiece that he placed on the second statue, "Does this headpiece look like it sits properly on that statue to you?" He questioned while tilting his head and peering at the statue and the Headpiece.

"Maybe the headpiece is of Hercules and also this statue is of Hercules, but then what number do we give the Z in ZANAH if we give H the number two?" Yù zǐ questioned out loud though speaking to himself.

The guy threw his hands up into the air in exasperation, "Or we could just go with what you came up with, the 21413, your theories have proven right so far."
Back to top Go down
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:57 am

Join a little confused on the safe being 7, was there something he missed? The first part was a daze could be the pain he endured from hitting the glass.

"if you'd on me asking, I would like to try to understand how you got to 7 as the answer, it would be best to understand this so I can be more useful in later rooms, if the puzzle is similar to this, I kinda dazed out in the first room."

Join lifed his hand to show dry blood around it, then leaning back and rasing the same hand more into the air.
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Jacke

"Ah, sorry mate. So this safe has 'July' etched into it right? And the code is one digit, so I was thinking maybe the month number might be the answer..."

Jacke pauses when he sees the dried blood on Join's hand.

"Uh, you okay there? Not gonna bleed out on me, I hope!" He tries to add some levity to the situation.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:54 pm

Room 1

- Luna -

Luna considered Alecia's question as she ran her fingers along a desk, feeling for anything strange on the surface. "Yu zi didn't seem so bad to me." She finally said. "Although fame has a way of turning everyone into a monster."

"I wouldn't say I trust him, but I can't exactly say the same about anyone with us in this house. Even you."
Moving on from the top of the desk, she began checking the legs. "As for the medium," the venom was obvious in Luna's tone, "I don't trust or have the patience for anyone that says they can see the future or speak with the dead."

She moved in Alecia's direction as the woman stumbled upon a safe. At first glance it looked fairly sophisticated, but there was an archaic diagram of the solar system carved into the chair above it. "That's an interesting transition between two timelines." Luna reached down to tap the display, seeing how many numbers it took to unlock the safe.

"How about you, counselor?" Luna asked, turning Alecia's question back on her. "Do you really trust any of us?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Master Post

Room 1

Luna didn't seem to share her trepidation concerning Yu zi. That didn't bother Alecia as much as what she said next.

"I wouldn't say I trust him, but I can't exactly say the same about anyone with us in this house. Even you."

Alecia winced. So much for potential allies. She didn't want to give in to pessimism, but it was hard to believe they would make it out of this when no one trusted each other.

"As for the medium," Luna continued, words laced with venom. "I don't trust or have the patience for anyone that says they can see the future or speak with the dead."

"I can agree with that much," Alecia said, allowing a worn smile to flit across her lips.

The two women peered at the solar system diagram, and then the single-digit display for the safe. Alecia's gaze flitted between the display and the paintings, wondering what possible connection there could be between the two.

"How about you, counselor?" Luna asked, turning Alecia's question back on her. "Do you really trust any of us?"

Alecia frowned and folded her arms. "I thought I did... until a few moments ago," she murmured. "Tell me... if you don't trust me, why ask me to partner with you?"

Room 3

- Remy -

Remy input the code "864" into the safe, and the light flicked to green with a pleasant chime.

"Awesome," Kenny exclaimed, trying the door. Inside was the last of the frames, and a slip of paper.

"Hibiscus, Daisy, Clover, Lily," he read before handing it to Remy. "All right. We just have to figure out which names go to which flowers."

With Remy following, Kenny carried the last frame over and hung it back on the wall. With all four in place, the two of them surveyed the frames.

Spoiler:

"By the way," Remy said, smiling at him. "Thanks for saving me from getting partnered with him. I really appreciate that."

Kenny ruffled his hair sheepishly. "Yeah, sure thing. Least I could do."

"Speaking of dark alleys..." Remy continued. "I also wonder about Pierce. He's so unapproachable. And it seems he has a history with Alecia, that lawyer lady."

"He's definitely a tough guy to be around," Kenny agreed, wincing. "But Alecia... what kind of connection do you think they could have? I mean, that'd be pretty crazy to meet someone you know like this."

Room 4

A) Examine the spheres
B) Examine the furniture
C) Examine the exit door

Pierce frowned as Cyrus seemed to grin at having information he didn't. Well, let him get smug about it. It hardly mattered.

What he said though was enlightening. Yes, come to think of it, that did ring a bell. After a former employee had been terminated, he'd vowed to get even. Not one to take chances - the only thing worse than getting killed would be getting murdered by a pathetic excuse for an ex-subordinate - he'd beefed up his security detail. Only it had turned out that his ex-employee's idea of getting even had been to try to sabotage all their servers and purge all their data. They'd been lucky to have backups that prevented them from losing anything permanently, but it had taken considerable time and manpower to get things back to proper functionality.

Fortunately, the scum was now rotting in prison, like he deserved.

"Hn." Pierce retracted his foot, though he still remained glaring down at Cyrus. "And now we both end up here. That's pretty unlikely, isn't it?"

He waved a hand toward the sofa, indicating for Cyrus to input the code.

"I'll check the exit door," he said before heading off to the other side of the room.

Room 5

Yu zi fitted the head Morgan had taken from the safe onto the neck of the male statue and it fitted into place. The statue was now perfectly intact.

The pop prince and the mediocre medium stared up at it, pondering over the theories now that the head was not a fifth piece as theorized.

Rules:

1) You only have three chances to enter the 5-digit passcode. Failure will automatically set off the death trap in the room.

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
"1" is the Mona Lisa
"3" is possibly one of Louis Janmot's Poem of the Soul pieces, a circle of five women
"4" is missing
The passcode is LVRMV

Room 2:
"1" is a white lion
"3" is missing its model
"4" is a white shark
The passcode is TELLS

Room 3:
"4" is a five petal flower
The passcode is DLCHD

Room 4:
"1" is a half moon
"2" is a crescent moon
"3" is a full moon
"4" is missing
The passcode is unknown

Room 5:
"1" is a curving, feminine figure with both her arms missing.
"2" is a powerfully built male figure, probably some Greek hero or god. It's head is in place.
"3" is the bust of a woman, an elegantly sculpted head with a tiara emerging from her curls
"4" is a winged figure in a billowing robe with both its head and its arms missing
The passcode is ZANAH

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dannytheman1
Simplistic Scripter
Simplistic Scripter
Dannytheman1

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Morgan (room 5)

Morgan paused with a stern expression consuming his face as he thought about Yu Zi's words for a few moments.  He didn't consider that Zeus could be a 5th figure.  And, he didn't want to waste chances and risk setting off the death trap and killing the both of them... as inputting the wrong one would take up two tries since he wasn't sure which code to pick.

"Athena was usually portrayed warrior though with a helmet, I doubt she would look like that but I did initially think Hercules for 2.  I think you're onto something about Hera as well, she fits the description of the 3rd one."  Morgan responded thoughtfully, as he watched Yu Zi pick up the Zeus head.

"Great!  It fits perfectly!" Morgan stated excitedly and clapped his hands together, as Yu Zi placed the head on the second figure.  That removed any doubt that it would be a secret 5th code, so then the code must be one of the two codes he said.

"I'll insert the code then!" Morgan stated with excitement, as he began dialing in the numbers 21413 for Zeus, Aphrodite, Nike, Aphrodite, Hera.  Though, he realized he hadn't been discussing the most pressing matter at the moment... alliances.

"I do want to ask you something Yu Zi.  I trust you completely... however, I fear that lawyer will start to turn people against us.  We need more people on our side in case sides are taken..."  Morgan gave a puzzled expression, as his options seemed to grow smaller and smaller the more he thought about it in his head,
"I think the best people we could use would be... Jacke.... maybe Cyrus or Pierce..... other than that..."

Morgan wanted to use Kenny and Remy from the start, as they seemed to be the most interested in his medium abilities.  However, after his outburst and Yu Zi's dirty laundry getting out, the chances of them being anything above neutral was.... slim.

Morgan's face was suddenly covered with discuss as he struggled to utter the words from his mouth "Join....."
Back to top Go down
Renshi52
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
Renshi52

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:09 am

Join laughed hard, at what Jacke had said, "This is nothing but a scratch, and okay I understand the reason for the safe now thought it may had to do with the animals, I was simply overthinking. Okay I agree we should try 7 it makes the most sense."

Join had said as he wrapped the scarf around his hand, while giving another pose.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Room 3

- Remy -

"Well, Alecia is a lawyer," she replied. "Maybe she helped Pierce with a shady business deal. He's definitely the type of person I can see trying to trick somoene for his benefit. And when you own a business, that only works with the right legal backing."

For a moment she contemplated. "I'm not sure about Alecia, she doesn't seem too bad, sort of genuine."

"What about the others though?" she asked Kenny. "Take Morgan for example. I was really impressed that he is a medium, but after the way he acted, I'm not so sure anymore..."

"Yes! It opened," Remy exclaimed enthusiastically when the safe opened.

She took a step back when Kenny hung the picture next to the others and just looked at them for a good minute, running the names in her head over and over again.

"So," she began and stepped up to the pictures, "This is definitely a clover, like you said." Remy pointed at picture number 3. "And this is definitely a daisy," she said and pointed at picture number 1.

"That leaves the other two as hibiscus and lily."

"Hmpf," she exhaled audibly. "I am just not sure. Without the color it's so hard to tell. They do look kind of similar."

"I know the hibiscus plants at my grandma's house often have 5 rounded petals, so I'm leaning towards number 4 being the hibiscus."

"Lilies on the other hand are more unpredictable. They like to have 5 or 6 petals and their petals are more varied in shape and size." Remy pulled on her hair and covered her eyes. "Eek, I can't decide. What do you think?"

"If it's the way I'm leaning the code would be 12341?!" she sounded almost shocked. "That seems too easy, no?"

"Here, I know. You decide which one is the lily and I'll type in the corresponding code, okay?"
Back to top Go down
SnedHlepPls
Worthless Wordslinger
Worthless Wordslinger
SnedHlepPls

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Jacke

Jacke stares at Join for a moment when he makes his next pose.

"You sure you're okay, mate..." he mutters to himself. "Right. I'm gonna try it then."

Jacke moves in front of the safe, placing his hand on the keypad.

"I hope I'm right about this," he says, before pressing the '7' key.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:48 am

Room 1

- Luna -

"No hard feelings, counselor. Besides, if I trusted you immediately, it would seem suspicious, right?" Luna smiled, tapping her fingers on the location of Venus in the diagram to draw Alecia's attention before pointing to the painting over her shoulder. "I'd venture a guess that the number 2 will get us into this safe."

"To be honest, a big factor was that with another woman in the room, I could do this." Rising back to her full height, Luna pulled Pierce's jacket closed, fastening the middle button. With a bit of squirming, she was able to pull her arms inside and wiggle out of her wet t shirt, pulling it over her head and throwing it over the back of the chair. A moment later, the long sleeve shirt she'd been wearing beneath that joined it with a wet slap.

Shivering, Luna picked up the t shirt first and began wringing the water from it. "Aside from that, you seemed like you could be trustworthy, and to be honest, the alternatives weren't great. You did see some of those guys we were in the room with, right?" She shivered again, for a different reason.
Back to top Go down
Spiriter
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Spiriter

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Cyrus Winter

Cyrus watched Pierce walk off as he made to punch in the numbers, before stopping just short. Pulling his hand back, he decided it would be best to see what they find at the exit door before rashly inputting the code. There may be an extra clue there that may tell them which code to use. Instead, he got up and followed after the other man. "Best we check everything before rashly jumping in on things, not too keen on jumping the gun."
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Heart
Amateur Author
Amateur Author
Shadow-Heart

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:47 am

Yù zǐ shuǐjīng
5-B

Yù zǐ held his breath in anticipation as Morgan clicked the first button but then he paused and asked him a question instead. The singer squinted at the highlighted number on the keypad when the lady lawyer was mentioned. Morgan was taking his time to enter the code.

"Well, it is still too early to pass the verdict. Everybody should be given at least a second chance to better present their case. We can pass our judgement on them after they make a huge shift in the sea. Let's just wait and see how they all behave if or when we meet them in the next foyer. Maybe some alone time will give them a change of heart and perspective. For now, let's just focus on getting out of this room."

The pop artist had by now started nervously biting his lips and he motioned Morgan to complete the input of the passcode.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:14 pm

Master Post

Room 1

Alecia couldn't exactly argue with Luna's logic, so she opted for silence. Maybe it would be more suspicious for everyone to instantly trust each other. But they were in the same predicament, weren't they? It only made sense to band together

Luna smiled and tapped her fingers on one of the planets on the diagram. Oh, the planet Venus. Botticelli's Venus, the second painting. Of course, it made sense.

Alecia input the code, and a the safe lit up with a green light. Inside was another painting, which she carefully extracted from the safe.

"To be honest, a big factor was that with another woman in the room, I could do this."

Alecia turned around just as Lisa extracted her wet shirts from beneath the suit jacket Pierce had draped over her and tossed aside. Laughing, Alecia shook her head and stood up with the painting in hand.

"Guess I can't blame you," she said. Notions of cooperation aside, she really wouldn't want to be trapped with some of those men in the group.

"I was a little surprised by..." she paused and gestured to Pierce's suit jacket. "Didn't seem like something he would do. But I guess we only see such a small glimpse of people. Maybe we judge too quickly."

She shrugged and held up the painting in her hands. A blonde young girl stood framed by eight other people - family and courtiers perhaps - as posed for a portrait.

"Las Meninas, I think?" she asked, hanging in back on the empty slot of "4."

Room 2

After Jacke input the number "7," the safe gave a buzzing noise and flashed red. It would appear the code was incorrect.

July, the 7th month. It wouldn't be as simple as that. Maybe Join had been on to something after all.

Room 3

- Remy -

Spoiler:

[quote="NoIn-LoKi"]Room 3

- Remy -

Kenny frowned, rubbing his arms uneasily as Remy cast dispersions on Alecia and Pierce.

"Maybe you're right," he said. "More and more it seems like you can't be sure who to trust. Well... I'm glad we can trust each other, at least."

He smiled as she approached him and began to survey the pictures. One was a daisy, and four a clover. So that just left hibiscus and lily. That was a pretty good lead!

"So," she began and stepped up to the pictures, "This is definitely a clover, like you said." Remy pointed at picture number 3. "And this is definitely a daisy," she said and pointed at picture number 1.

"That leaves the other two as hibiscus and lily."

Remy seemed to think that number 4 with the five rounded petals was hibiscus, which would leave number 2 with the six petals as the lily.

"Grandma knows best, right?" Kenny said, shrugging. "I think you're right. "1" is Daisy, "2" is Lily, "3" is Clover, and "4" is Hibiscus."

He nodded to Remy, and she input the code "12341" into the door. Immediately, it gave a harsh buzzing noise and flashed red. Kenny winced and stepped back.

"Okay, that's one down," he murmured. "All right, so it's either we got the flowers wrong, or... we're missing something. Maybe, maybe it's the petals again?"

He glanced at the door. They had two shots left, and three combinations left. Either they kept the flower order the same and changed to petal number, or they switched the flower order and went with that, or they changed the flower order and went with petal number.

Room 4

A) Examine the spheres
B) Examine the furniture
C) Examine the exit door

Pierce shot Cyrus a glare as the other man joined him at the exit door.

"Do we really need two of us to inspect this?" he asked, sounding exasperated at the inefficiency he was so used to.

Seeing as how Cyrus was already there, there was nothing to do but check out the code. It appeared to be five digits, with a code of CHFCN.

"If you're finished, would you like to get that safe open now?" Pierce asked, folding his arms.

Room 5

21413 for Zeus, Aphrodite, Nike, Aphrodite, and Hera. The logic fit, but after Morgan entered the code, the door gave a harsh buzzing sound and flashed a red light.

One strike.

Morgan and Yu zi turned back to survey the statues. Perhaps simply assigned the letters to the statues wasn't enough. That would be too simple anyway. There must be something else they were missing.

Rules:

Discovered Information:

Room 1:
"1" is the Mona Lisa
"4" is Las Meninas
The passcode is LVRMV

Room 2:
"1" is a white lion
"3" is missing its model
"4" is a white shark
The passcode is TELLS

Room 3:
"4" is a five petal flower
The passcode is DLCHD

Room 4:
"1" is a half moon
"2" is a crescent moon
"3" is a full moon
"4" is missing
The passcode is CHFCN

Room 5:
"1" is a curving, feminine figure with both her arms missing. =
"2" is a powerfully built male figure, probably some Greek hero or god. It's head is in place.
"4" is a winged figure in a billowing robe with both its head and its arms missing
The passcode is ZANAH

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape   TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape - Page 5 Clock11

Back to top Go down

TerrorFest 2018 - Zero Escape
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next