Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Maxim, Kurik -

Maxim and Kurik entered the Old Guard's bunker and headed down the halls toward the council chamber. High Lady Adalia and Lord Commander Farrington were already there.

"High Lady," Maxim said, inclining his head. "Lord Commander."

They both nodded in return as Maxim took his seat.

"As a token of our gratitude for your efforts in aiding the Old Guard's campaign," Adalia said, "I have decided to bestow a favor upon you. Ask, and within reason, it's yours."

Farrington gave no indication that this was a surprise to him. Evidently, this had been well-rehearsed.

"You're too gracious, my Lady," Maxim said, smiling courteously. He paused a moment, wondering if Kurik would react as calmly as Farrington had.

"I would like to request that Kurik be made one of your generals," he said.

Farrington said nothing, but his face tightened as his eyes shot to Kurik. Adalia, however, opened her mouth in astonishment.

"Him? But, why?" she asked, glancing at him. Unlike Farrington's look of cold disapproval, hers was one of complete indifference.

"A sign of good faith, for one thing," Maxim replied. "If Arusia and the Old Guard are to truly work together, we must be willing to integrate. For another, I believe your troops could benefit from his leadership abilities. I'm afraid I've been squandering his considerable talents as my personal aide."

-------------------------

Transport Ship
- Jax, Lisa, Ehlana -

Jax frowned at Lisa's response. It was troubling, though not entirely surprising, to know that her encounter with the Army's interrogation methods had still not healed completely. Maybe it never would.

But on another level, it spoke of distrust for the government. It seemed that no matter how hard they worked or tried, they couldn't entirely distance themselves from the reputation and mistakes of the past regime.

"We're not like that," he told Lisa. "Alina would never authorize those kinds of methods, and neither would I. We're going to do all that we can, but not at that kind of cost. I won't become part of another Legion."

His expression darkened. He'd probably never shake off those memories either.

The ship began to lift off. The clear signal came through, and Jax accelerated out of the terminal and into the air.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ergo Research

- Rise, James, Lenka, Marcus, Keynes, Luke -

"Keynes, stop being such a show-off," Rise muttered as she dragged her feet into the gym. It had taken considerable effort to get out of bed this morning, feeling as tired as she was and snuggled so comfortably.

But she and James had finally managed to crawl out of bed and get on with the day. Rise groaned as she sat on a bench and rubbed at her eyes. It seemed impossible that she used to fight Legion's Riders and get up the next morning to train after.

~Vae Victis - The Black Lily Blooms~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

Kurik took his seat next to Maxim and relaxed back…until Adalia spoke. Raised eyebrows were the only sign of his surprise, otherwise he kept his face impassive.

When he heard what Maxim wanted the favour to be, he sat up. His eyes met with Farrington’s, who seemed to thoroughly disapprove of this request, and they coldly stared at each other for a few seconds. Kurik couldn’t blame him for disapproving. This idea was crazy.

However, firstly he knew better than to undermine Maxim’s authority and secondly he didn’t want to embarrass his friend. So he looked away from Farrington and smoothed his expression.

“If my Lady is still willing to grant this favour, I'm willing to put aside all differences and I will gladly accept the position,” Kurik said smoothly and inclined his head towards Adalia. He would need to have a word with Maxim later. He was certain the researcher had another agenda than the simple explanation he gave to Adalia.

--------------------------

Ergo Research
- Lenka, James -

Lenka chuckled at Keynes’ reply unable to keep a straight face. From his serious look, she hadn’t expected him to be funny. Her eyes flickered back to Marcus, who was definitely looking a little uncomfortable with the situation and being put on the spot like that.

“It’s okay if you were staring,” Lenka waved it off, winking at Marcus.

She tilted her head, looking at Keynes thoughtfully. “You trained my brother and Rise and the rest of them, right? If I wanted to learn how to defend myself better, is that something you can help me with?” she asked, wondering if he even had time for that.

Speak of the devil. Just then Luke walked into the gym. Quickly he was followed by Rise and James, both of which still looked a bit tired.

Lenka beamed a smile at them.

James had followed Rise and leaned against the wall. Even though they had slept in, he felt it was still too early to do anything. But it was nice to have these moments alone with her. He cherished them, especially in stressful times.

It wasn’t very surprising to find everyone else was at the gym already. Seemingly most people preferred to get up early in the morning. Lenka for example, who beamed a bright smile at them. He raised his eyebrows at her ribbon.

She seemed to sense his scepticism and stuck her tongue out at him. James shrugged and stifled a yawn.

“Are you guys done training already?”
he asked, quietly hoping that the answer would be yes.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

"Oh, hi!" Said Luke, as he himself was surprised by Rise and James, then he scratched his hair as James mentioned about training. "Training? You guys were training? I don't mind doing some work out," Said Luke confidently.

Luke stepped ahead and started stretching, and then he split his legs showing his own reflexes.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:09 am

Transport Ship

- Lisa -

"Don't get me wrong." Lisa responded, giving Jax a wry smile. "I'm not concerned that you or Alina would treat a prisoner unfairly under normal circumstances, but you and I both know that these aren't normal circumstances. This Redcape matter is the first major issue that the new government has seen, aside from the reconstruction efforts. The standards that are set right now are the ones that will shape those of the future."

"I won't put that at risk, no matter how much I trust you guys. Because, at the end of the day, I don't know anyone else at the capitol." She sighed, leaning back into her chair as they took off. "So, it's not your integrity that needs to be called into question here. It's the integrity of the new government, which I intend to verify for myself."

----------------------------------------------------------

Aegis

- Keynes, Marcus -

"I..." As Marcus tried to formulate a response to Lenka's comment, Luke called out, and in his surprise the weight bar sagged down to his chest once more, pushing all the air from his lungs. "Omph..."

"Done?" Keynes barked out a laugh, waving the rest of the group over. "We're only just getting started." He turned to the struggling Marcus and put a hand under the bar, helping him lift it back onto the rack.

"Maybe better if you go a little lighter." Keynes commented, giving Marcus a pat on the stomach. "Good effort though."

Turning back to Lenka, he studied her expression for a moment before giving her a nod. "I'm sure we can figure something out, but before that, the rest of these slackers need to warm up."

"So," Keynes turned his gaze towards Luke, Rise, and James before waving his arm towards the weight bench, which Marcus was slowly rolling off of. "Who's next?"
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:45 am

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

"Slackers?" Luke grinned, "You are the second man who called me like that, I mean it's natural for old man to call young as slackers, it seems..." Luke shrugged, "I might have given up my dojo inheritance to my elder brother, but that doesn't mean I slacked off my training routine"

Luke stepped forward, and got himself ready for lifting weight bar, "But you are right that everyone should warm up," instead of decreasing the weight of weight bar, Luke straight away removed it from the rack and got himself ready to lifting it up.

At first, Luke was surprised by its weight; it was not heavy for him, but he definitely take note that the man who he had addressed was not someone who he should easily discredit as 'just' old man. Perhaps, he might even be better than his father.

Luke smirked, "Who are you exactly in army, Keynes? Some kind of a trainer? Luke only got the names of the people on the dining table, but he couldn't remember if he was told what kind of job Keynes did for army.

Without much trouble, Luke was lifting the weights; even though, he might have looked just an average young man, the moment he used his strength, his muscles kindly replied and showed his well-trained biceps and triceps.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Peterny - Old Guard HQ
- Maxim, Kurik -

It was clear that Adalia had not expected this request, nor was she adequately prepared to handle it. She bit her lip, unable to glance at Farrington without seeming as though she were in control of the situation.

"Very well," she said. "I'll grant your request."

Farrington's knuckles whitened as he gripped the table.

"And where would you suggest his 'leadership abilities' be best put to use?" Farrington asked, his voice laced with disdain.

"Arusia has considerable security that Kaddath could benefit from," Maxim said. "And with his previous experience in the Army, he would have knowledge of how to manage the soldiers tasked with keeping guard of the facility."

"Yes, yes," Adalia said impatiently, waving her hand. "He can lead security of the facility. Now, we have something more important to address. First, your lost agent."

Maxim nodded and looked to Farrington.

"It is risky, but we've decided to have our contact at the Capital deal with her while she's en route on the transport ship from Ergo. It will provide another useful distraction for Alina Grey, I think, while we prepare for our proper agenda."

He turned to Adalia, whose cheek flushed with excitement.

"The High Lady is ready to give her speech," he said. "Are we prepared to overwrite the Army's frequencies?"

"Everything is ready," Maxim said. Adalia stood from the table, smiling proudly.

"Then it's time for Kaddath to meet its true leader," she declared.

--------------------------

Ergo Research
- Rise -

Rise giggled at James' question.

"I think they're just getting started," she said. Sure enough, once Marcus had flopped off the weight bench, Keynes was challenging the rest of them to try.

"I'll pass," she said, raising an eyebrow. Did he really expect her to try that?

Sighing, Rise stood up and started to stretch.

"No point in resisting," she said to James, pecking his cheek. "Might as well start warming up."

It would be a good idea to get some training in while they had a chance.

Transport Ship
- Jax -

Jax nodded his head. He could appreciate Lisa's misgivings, and he appreciated that despite who might be running the government now, she still had enough sense not to blindly follow.

"Fair enough," he said. "To be honest, I don't know myself what the Council will want to do with her. The situation is getting high-profile. We have a leak somewhere, and the public is getting edgy. We don't want a repeat of what happened before."

He sighed and shook his head.

Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:27 am

Ergo Research
- James & Lenka -

"Whatever," James grumbled but he knew Rise was right. So he walked towards the running track to warm up. He had no intention of lifting weights to warm up until these clowns were done, so he gladly left that to Luke. It was a little surprise, that the young man had no trouble lifting the same weights as Keynes.  What were these people made of?

He stepped on the running track and turned it to a medium fast pace, perfect for getting things going and warming up. It wasn't too difficult to keep up with and he ran evenly, making sure his breathing didn't become too fast.

"Oh great," Lenka replied to Keynes and clapped her hands in excitement. She turned away from the weight bench and moved towards the open space of the gym.

A little concerned her eyes followed James, who seemed less than enthusiastic about the whole thing. She giggled. She knew he wasn't a morning person, but this seemed to be a new low even for him.

"C'mon James, put some effort into it," she said and stepped up to the running track and turned the speed up. James shot her a dark look, but didn't complain.

"What?" she teased him, "You were the one who always bragged that he trained with Alex."

"I don't brag," James said, his breathing sounding much faster now.

----------------------------------------
Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

There was a moment if tension and the Adalia spoke, granting Maxim's request. Kurik wasn't sure if he should be jubilant or distressed by that, especially after the look Farrington threw him.

When he heard what that position actually entitled, he swallowed dryly. That was a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of power.

He inclined his head once again towards Adalia. "You have my thanks, Milady," he simply said.

The topic turned towards other important matters and he focused his attention on them for the moment. Making sure Lady Adalia's speech was delivered without any mishaps was also important.

Later there would be time for Maxim and him to discuss the particulars of his request.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Paterney - Prison
Nadenka Orlov

"So you guys are working in shifts, huh?" Said Nadenka, and yawned. "I really must say, even though it is interesting to see new faces, it's kinda sad that you guys rarely respond to my question..."

Nadenka started to stretch herself, legs and arms. She looked at the guards through the door that barely showed her outside.

"Ha, you look surprise that I managed to see you are different person." Said Nadenka playfully, "Mind you, I am a doctor and it does no good if I can not differentiate the people I am dealing with."

Nadenka sighed as she remembers one of the moment that she and her lover played a game on the field. It was a game where she would be blind-folded and she had to find her lover only by differentiating the sound he made. It could be his voice, it could be his footsteps, it could be his claps... She always managed to find him and she always had the way to identify him from the other people...

But that was no more....

"I will be there soon..." Nadenka murmured in whisper, smiling weakly.

Paterney - Training Hall
Belobog Volkov

"Come on, is this all you got?" Belobog roared at the old guards military units. As the man who were sparring with Belobog fall, the people  started whispered to each other; one of them made a comment how Belo would not have won if they had used their strain.

Belobog started to crack his knuckles, "What did you say? Come up then. I did not say you guys are not allowed to use your cursed strain against me." Said Belobog, provoking one of them who looked very well confident of his strength.

The guy jumped into the ring, got himself comfortable to beat the crap out of Belobog, but as he become comfortable and ready, Belobog quickly closed his gap with him and started punched him.

The anonymous soldier fall; many were surprised how the man fall before he could even fight back. "The kids I fought back then had more fight than you all. I am done with this!" Belobog shouted at them.

He exited the training hall; he could not help himself, but feel enraged. All the training he had, and the result. It all showed that he was able to take care those strain users, and yet they failed. What did they do wrong?

Belobog punched the wall as he turned on the shower, "Dammit." He cursed, he could not believe that his comrade was going to end up dead.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:09 am

Transport Ship

- Lisa -

Lisa nodded in response to Jax's words before throwing a cautious look over her shoulder to the segment of the ship where Ehlana was being kept. She couldn't see the prisoner from here, but Lisa had little doubt that the woman would be trying to think up an escape plan of some kind.

"The fact that no one knows exactly what the Council will do is why I'm here. They need the reminder of the past, ugly as it may be. That's the only way they'll be able to shape a proper future."

-------------------------------------------------------

Aegis

- Keynes -

"I'm a nobody." Keynes responded, giving Luke an assessing glance. "Just some old relic that the administration digs out of storage when they have a pet project that needs to be dealt with discreetly." With a chuckle, he motioned for Luke to sit on the bench.

"How about we see what you can really do?" He asked with a grin.

"And you!" Keynes growled, grabbing the retreating Marcus. "Who said you could leave without giving me your maximum effort? You might not be able to lift this now, but you'll be able to do it with one hand when I'm done with you."

- Marcus -

With one hand?

Marcus glanced at the weights in Luke's hands and then back at Keynes. He was crazy. Absolutely certifiable...

Right?

But, what if he wasn't?

An image of the Redcape gripped in his outstretched hands flashed across his memory, causing Marcus to blink rapidly. Maybe he was the crazy one, and not Keynes...

"Well, get on it!"

Marcus shook his head, turning back to Keynes. "What?"

"Oh, to be young and have selective hearing again." Keynes grumbled before dropping a weighted bar over Marcus' shoulders and pointing to the running track. "Go! Run! It'll be good for you."

Moments later, as he trudged against the track, weighed down by the bar, Marcus was still wondering what had convinced him that this was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Ergo Research
- James & Lenka -

Lenka turned the speed on James’ moving track up again.

“Really Lenka?” James asked, sounding a bit breathless. “Don’t you have some warming up to do?”

He still didn’t know what he thought of the idea that Lenka joined them for training. Maybe he would worry less about her if he knew she could defend herself properly and he trusted Keynes to help with that.

“I already warmed up,” Lenka said cheerfully and twirled her ribbon around his head. He waved it aside.

“Keynes is going to help you train?” James asked his sister, trying to concentrate on the conversation as well as on running, he had to work to keep up with the speed.

“Yes, and there’s nothing you can do about it!” she said. “I’m in this…all the way. And don’t even start with the whole fainting thing. I’m tired of hearing it.”

James raised his hands. “I wasn’t gonna start this again,” he said. A smile played around his lips when he saw the surprised look on her face. Clearly she hadn’t expected that. “Just don’t expect him to go easy on you.”

“Pffft,” Lenka said, quietly relieved that this wouldn't be the cause for another argument. She stuck her tongue out at James and turned the speed up one more notch before she turned back to the others. On her way she passed Marcus, who was not only running, but also suffering under a weight bar.

“Are you having fun yet?” she asked Marcus and twirled her ribbon as she walked past him.
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Ergo Research - Gym
Luke Jaron

"So you are a stuff of a legend? That's pretty good recognition." Said Luke, looking at the positive side of what Keynes said.

When Keynes challenged him to work out further, Luke grinned, and got himself ready as he sat on the bench. "I'm just warming up."

Luke was having much fun; Luke smiled as it helped him to remember how he had enjoyed training with many students from the dojo.

After the conflict, Luke couldn't join ordinary training section in dojo because he had lost the joy with working with the people. The long lone wolf struggle that he had to deal during the conflict made it so that he could not train with others.  

The killing intent in his every move was too great and his heart was not ready to open to others; Mark changed that, but it did not help Luke to overcome his lone training habit.

Perhaps what Luke needed was the words of little encouragement or wake up call to push it little further. That said, Luke's eyes drifted to Lenka, who was speaking to Marcus, then shook his head.

'They probably are very close friends... or even more than that... So stop it and concentrate Luke.' Thought Luke as he also remember how Lenka was able to calm Marcus down when he went into rage mode.

Luke then bite his lips, remembering it well how Marcus turned so aggressive for Lenka; perhaps, they were really that close?

Luke shook his head, realizing it himself that he was not concentrating properly. Fortunately, his ears were still working and his body did not wonder too much about it. So whatever Keynes would have asked him to do, he could have done so.

'Besides, I am not a good material to become anyone's boyfriend.' Thought Luke, 'Who would want someone that has so much blood in his hands...?'

Luke lips formed bitter sweet smile, as he himself followed what Keynes was instructing him to do.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:35 pm

Ergo Research

- Rise -

All the others were talking to each other and exercising on the various equipment in the gym, but that didn't interest Rise. She moved apart from the rest and pulled out her fans. She'd been a bit rusty in the fight with those unknown agents, and she wanted to be ready for whatever came next.

Taking a deep breath, she swept her fans through the air in a complicated dance. She swung her arms in rapid spirals, first using a series of slashing strikes, then backpedaling with nimble feet to perform parries for redirecting enemy attacks.

The fans were an extension of her arms. With each movement, as her focus grew, it became hard to tell where the fans ended and where her hands began.

Transport Ship

Jax nodded at Lisa. He had to admire her conviction.

"Well, it's good to have you with me," he said, smiling. "It would have been pretty dull flying to the capital otherwise."

There was a beep from the control panel, and the flight navigation switched from manual to auto.

"The hell?" Jax muttered, trying to switch back to manual. A lot of transports used auto navigation from the transportation department in Caltha, but Jax had never heard of one being forced on like this.

As he wrestled with the controls, the navigation destination changed. Jax's eyes widened as the ship lurched and began to dive.

The destination was set to the ocean below.

Peterny - Prison

- Alexei -

"You're surprisingly talkative still."

Alexei appeared in front of Nadenka's cell. He leaned against the bars and nodded to her in greeting.

"How are you holding up down here?" he asked. The nearby guard glanced at him, but then looked away. Alexei didn't care, though. The Old Guard could turn up their noses at the Arusians as much as they wanted, but it was Arusia that would stand on top when all was said and done.

Peterny - Old Guard HQ

High Lady Adalia took her place behind an ornate podium in the Old Guard's auditorium. Cameras and lights were positioned to give her a stunning performance. Farrington draped a beautiful, red ceremonial cape over her uniform and nodded to her.

Maxim and Kurik stood off to the side, watching as the camera men and technicians gave their signals to show they were ready.

"High Lady Adalia is no leader," Maxim murmured softly, "but she is quite exceptional at posing as one."

The final signal was given. Farrington raised his right hand and grinned.

"And now, it's time for the Old Guard to rise from ashes of Old Kaddath. It's time for High Lady Adalia to claim her birthright!"

And with that, the broadcast began.

Caltha - Grand Council Chamber

"The situation is growing tense," Serena reported, the holographic image on her chair frowning. "More and more people are attempting to resist strain registration, and it's causing unrest and distrust in the population. People fear the idea of strain users running around unchecked. The Anti-Strain movement seems to be headed by a young man they call Lev. He's rallying the people to action."

The rest of the Council murmured at these words.

"Many are in favor of punishment being forced on those who resist registration," Lecarde said, his hologram off to the side of Serena's chair. He was not, after all, an official member of the council. "I don't think a decision can be held off much longer."

Roland Durmail, who had arrived to the meeting only a few minutes ago, slightly winded and puffing, gave an affirmative wag of his head.

"I believe the Electorate are all in agreement," he said, slightly breathless still. He looked to Alina, seated in the High General's chair.

Raidon looked at her as well, frowning. The situation had to be put under control. He had to wonder now, though, what having a child would mean for all this. He would want them to be protected from the threat of rogue strain users, of course. But if they were born with a strain, and they didn't want to join the Army.... The thought of someone forcing them into a chamber and stripping them of their magic didn't sit well with him either.

"High General," Lecarde said, his eyes soft. "I think-"

He stopped short in surprise. The large display monitor in the chamber suddenly came to life. It seemed that wherever Lecarde and Serena were, the same thing was happening.

A woman - no, a girl, really - appeared on the screen. Behind her was an ornate emblem above which was written "The Old Guard." She wore a spectacular uniform and ceremonial cape, and her posture was regal and authoritative despite her age.

And there was something about her that looked... familiar.

"Greetings, people of Kaddath," she said, her eyes shining. "I am High Lady Ariana Adalia, the daughter of High General Arzei Adalia."

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Transport Ship
- Ehlana -

Ehlana had been sitting in the hull, her posture rather relaxed. She had folded her hands in her lap, the chain of the stun cuffs hanging loosely down. Her ankles were fastened to cuffs with short chains that lead to the wall, giving her a little room to move about but not enough to surprise anyone who entered the hull.

The concept of flying was not foreign to her and soon the familiar feeling of acceleration surrounded her. How long would it take them to reach the Capital at this speed? It was hard to judge with no windows, but she guessed it would be at least a few hours.

Suddenly the ship lurched forward and began a steep dive. Not expecting this at all, Ehlana was thrown forward, landing hard on her knees when the chains stopped her fall.

“What gives?” she shouted, not sure if they could even hear her. Unsteady, she clambered back to her seat, still feeling the steep dive. What was happening? There was but one conclusion her mind could reach. A rescue mission. After all the transport was usually the most vulnerable part of any mission.

But which idiot had decided that getting the air ship out of the sky was the best course of action?
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 am

Peterny - Prison
Nadenka Orlov

Nadenka recognized the voice who commented on her behavior, but she gave him a surprised look. It was clear that she was not expecting the visit from the two men she had saved.

She shrugged, "Well, my motto is to get to know more people in every moment. Besides, I can't help myself, but be nosy at people's health." She smiled faintly, "It's a habit that comes with the job."

Nadenka gazed at Alexei for a moment; her eyes were studying his barely visible face just like how her eyes studied others.

When Alexei asked her about how she's holding up, she gave him a playful look. "You could say I am enjoying my last moment of my life to the fullest." Said Nadenka, she even sound cheerful. Then Nadenka blankly stared at Alexei, as if she caught something from his barely visible face. "How about you? You don't look so fired up to be back with your allies." Then she sighed and smiled, "Ah sorry, I have tendency to read too much and over-exaggerate of what people are thinking." She stared at the ceiling for a short moment with thoughtful face, then she glanced at Alexei with a faint smile "So, did they finally decide what to do with me?" She asked, with a sad smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Aegis

- Keynes -

Keynes didn't respond to Luke's comments about being a legend. Instead, he just continued adding weights to the rack.

"Try it now, and let's see how strong your motor is."
He said, stepping behind the rack. "If your arms are anything to go off of, this should be about right."

As Luke lifted the bar, Keynes glanced in Rise's direction. Her form wasn't what it had once been, but she moved faster than the last time Keynes had seen her. Maybe all the stage performing wasn't so bad after all.

- Marcus -

"Define fun." Marcus huffed in response to Lenka's question. "Because if this looks fun to you, then I think you might need to have your head investigated."

Sure, he could use his strain to make the process easier, but that wasn't really the goal here, right? At least, he didn't think it was.

"Be careful." He grinned through the exertion. "The old man will find some kind of torture just for you next."

Capitol

- Alina -

Alina watched with an impassive face as Serena's report was interrupted by another broadcast. The meeting had been going about as well as she'd expected before this, but the unexpected announcement explained as many things as it raised questions. Now she had a face to put with the leak of information. How that information was getting to the young Ariana, she wasn't sure, but the fact that she had the codes to access the emergency broadcast system told her enough.

On the desk, her communicator buzzed, displaying a message asking if she wanted the transmission to be cut short. Still displaying no outward emotion, Alina picked up the com and punched the button to send a verbal response. "Let the girl say her peace, but prepare an immediate broadcast for when it ends."

Leaning back in her chair, Alina listened and observed the other faces in the council chambers. Several members seemed shocked or outraged, but she was looking for outliers. Such as conviction. And resolve.

Transport Ship

"You just had to say something to jinx it, didn't you?" Lisa quipped, throwing a nervous glance at the control console. From behind her, she heard Ehlana cry out, and Lisa unfastened her harness, floating out of her seat and through the door to the back. "Either get this thing under control of call someone who can!" She yelled back through the opening to Jax.

"Okay, time for a heart to heart." Lisa forced a smile in the prisoner's direction. "We're experiencing some technical difficulties. This thing wasn't built to swim, and if we hit the water, we're going to sink like a rock. So, considering the circumstances, I'd assume this is the work of some friend of yours, which means that they're either not very intelligent, or they're trying to get rid of you."
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Aegis
Luke Jaron

"Sure, keep it coming." Said Luke, coming back to focus on his side of the training.  Even though Luke had been continuously got himself fit, pushing his limit with weights was perhaps long ago.

Then again, he had been pushing his limit in the conflict that he got sucked into; there was no time for him to really test his own strength that he had developed over the years. The only moment he tested his superiority of his skills and strength was during the tournament that brought Luke and Mark together.

Even though, it was clean victory of Luke's, Mark definitely fought against him well than the others. Mark was probably the most courageous one as well.

In any case, what Keynes had added did not stopped Luke's strong arms for lifting the weight. It looked like Luke was surprised by his own strength as well. It also made him realize how strong the bear-man was.

If Luke could go beyond this point without strain, and as that bear-man fought without any strain or some sort, how strong was that bear-man? Of course, this was his guess as he did not saw him shouting any strain.

Luke suddenly could feel his motivation renewed; perhaps his own competitive martial artist spirit did not die. "Add some more please." Said Luke, his eyes suddenly burning with fiery determination and motivation.

Perhaps Luke's emotions got best of him during the fight with the bear-man; however, Luke did not believe in slightest that bear-man was weaker than him. Luke would even rate the bear-man's strength above his own. Even to the point that the bear-man probably the strongest foe he had ever faced.

Luke grinned; Luke felt like he should thank the bear-man for igniting the fire inside him. That excitement was quite visible in his face now. It looked like Luke was not going to go easy on himself in this training.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Transport Ship
- Ehlana -

Ehlana looked up when Lisa opened the door and her expression turned wary. If she was surprised that Lisa outright stated the problems they were having with the ship, she didn’t show it.

The most disturbing news was that they were apparently over water. Ehlana swallowed dryly and her eyes flashed to her ankles for a quick second. Though little experience, she knew how to swim, but that wouldn’t matter if she couldn’t get out of the ship.

Then her eyes moved back to Lisa, wondering how much truth was in her words.

“You’re bluffing,” she finally said, her voice not nearly as firm as she wanted it to be. “How do I know this isn’t your doing in an attempt to break me?”

However, doubts had begun to enter her mind. If this really was a rescue mission, why were they still falling out of the sky?

----------------------------

Ergo Research
- Lenka -

Lenka chuckled.

“You should be glad he didn’t hear that,” she said, clearly amused. “I don’t think Keynes takes it well when being called old.”

She stood there, watching him for another few moments. It did look quite exerting and Lenka was sure she could never suffer through that for any extended period of time. The thoughtful look on her face disappeared and she smiled at Marcus.

“Well, I better go see what’s in store for me,” she said with a grin.

Lenka walked up to Keynes, who had just added more weight to Luke’s rack. Her eyes widened. That was a lot of weight, yet Luke seemed to lift it with ease.

“Is there something specific I should do?” she asked, suddenly seeming a little uncertain. This clearly wasn’t her forte.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Peterny - Prison
- Alexei -

Alexei gave an amused snort at Nadenka's justification for pestering the guards

"If you say so," he murmured.

Alexei looked at Nadenka and saw her gazing intently into his eyes. He shifted slightly, a bit uncomfortable at her stare.

It was hard to get a read on this moment. She could go from morbidly cheerful to dead serious in a matter of moments. What was really going on in her head?

"They're not my allies," he said, casting the guard a sidelong glance. "I doubt any of them would give two craps if I dropped over dead. But we're all soldiers. We follow orders. We make peace when we're told. And we kill when we're told."

He scratched absently at the stubble on his chin. Nadenka was smiling back at him, her expression sad. She wanted to know what would happen to her, but she didn't look expectant that it would be anything good. That was wise. Better to start with low expectations. Less of a chance of being disappointed.

"Not yet," he replied. "They're too busy with their big speech."

He waved a big hand vaguely at the ceiling above.

Capitol

- Raidon -

Raidon gripped his chair, his knuckles whitening as he stared at the broadcast. It couldn't be... Adalia had a daughter?

"I speak on behalf of the Old Guard," Adalia continued, gesturing to the symbol behind her. "We remember Old Kaddath, and the old ways that led Kaddath to becoming a great empire. A great empire my father led in strength and prosperity until a conspiracy and coup led to his death."

The girl's blue eyes hardened at these words.

"As many of you know, the group called Legion sowed seeds of discord that ignited a flame of revolution to this country, even as the Grand Army and my father sought to institute peace and stability. But in the end, it was neither group to emerge victorious. It was a small group stylizing itself as Aegis, defenders of the people."

She smiled derisively at these words, her eyes narrowing.

"It was Alina Grey, a branded traitor to the Grand Army, who rose to claim the seat of High General. She and her followers conspired with Legion against the Grand Army. She even seduced Legion's own Red Rider to her cause. And when she'd used Legion to invade the Capital, she decapitated both Legion and the Grand Army in the same day. That day, a traitor who broke every oath and bond of loyalty was crowned a hero. A hero on a blood-soaked throne."

"How can she dare!" Lecarde cried out, his holographic form rigid with pain and fury.

Of course, Adalia could not heed Lecarde's words, even if she wanted to, and Raidon very much doubted she would. Adalia leaned forward, gripping her podium.

"They say it's the victors who write history - what is true and what is lies. But I believe you all deserve the truth, because truth breaks the shackles of despots and tyrants. Alina Grey claimed she could make a better Kaddath, but what has she done to better your lives? Has she brought you peace? She tries to silence your magic, to strip you of the power that makes you who you are. Just as she stripped my father and I of the rulership of this great empire."

She closed her eyes for a moment, as though to steel herself, before continuing.

"But I will not bring Kaddath to revolution once more. Our great land has suffered enough chaos and bloodshed. It pains me to see this nation suffer under Alina Grey, but I will not remove her by force. If I am to take up my father's mantle and rule this great empire once more, it will be with the consent of the people and its government."

Adalia stared in to the camera, and it was as though she could look right into the eyes of Alina Grey herself.

"So I invite High General Grey to meet with us and discuss terms. If you truly care for Kaddath as you say you do, then you will consider all possibilities for its future - even ones you're not in. And to the people of Kaddath, I urge you to make your voice heard, but to keep the law and order of the empire as well. It is in order and stability that we will rebuild, and in order that all will be made right."

With that, the transmission ended. The symbol of the Old Guard, as they claimed to call themselves, lingered on the screen a moment before going to black.

The Council began to shoot each other looks, murmuring and whispering. Raidon remained silent, his eyes fixed on Alina. What was she going to do now?

Transport Ship

- Jax -

Jax worked at the controls furiously, but it made no difference. The transport continued to plummet, the blue of the ocean rising alarmingly fast to meet them.

"Dammit!" he swore, flinging off his seatbelt. The ship was nosediving, and he had to clamber to reach the back of the ship where Lisa and Ehlana were.

"We have to bail," Jax said, hoisting himself up through the doorway. "Get her up."

While Lisa was getting the prisoner out, Jax considered their options. The hatches were all locked. They should be able to open with an emergency override, but the controls were unresponsive right now.

That meant he was going to have to make an escape hatch.

"Come on!" he told Lisa, wavering her and the prisoner over. They had to climb to reach the back of the ship - a dead end.

"Everyone hold on to each other," Jax ordered. "This is all going to go to hell in the next few seconds."

It had been a long time since he'd used magic. But he needed it now, and he needed it fast.

He reached deep within himself and grasped the flickering sparks of a fire - that fire that burned with a desire to protect others and bring justice. That fire ignited and enflamed him as he balled his hand into a fist.

"Heat Riser!"

A red aura enveloped him, and he felt his strength and agility soar to superhuman levels. With a fierce cry, he pitched forward and punched . The back wall of the transport blew off and hurtled backward through the air.

And with a sudden roar of wind, so did they.

Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Mon May 01, 2017 2:41 am

Peterny - Prison
Nadenka Orlov

Nadenka gave Alexei thoughtful look, "You think their speech will actually impact the Kaddath?" Nadenka crossed her arms, "Well if the speech swirls up the people of Kaddath, then I have to say, I am disappointed with the people who I served." Nadenka sighed, "Then again, the current government themselves already disappointed me already, I don't think it's impossible..." Nadenka remembered how current government was passive about the ones who worked behind the scenes as well.

"So, who are your allies then?" She asked, perhaps she decided to change the topic.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Mon May 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

Kurik stood off the stage to the side, watching the busy preparations. Well they certainly put a lot of effort into making this a grand show. Lady Adalia certainly seemed to fill the role well. She spoke well, carrying her message across.

He wondered how the message was received. Kurik knew that the message was broadcast throughout the whole country, that also included any monitor in the government buildings.

Sure, the offer sounded tempting, but would they really go for it?

“Quite impressive," he said. "Do we have a way of knowing how this message will be received? How the Council and more importantly High General Grey reacted?” he asked Maxim quietly. Meanwhile he kept his eyes on Adalia, who now elegantly stepped off the podium.

His mind was still occupied with what happened this morning, but he would wait patiently until he had a chance to talk privately with Maxim.

--------------------------------

Ergo Research
- James -

Meanwhile James had slowed the speed the of the running track again until it stopped. He stepped off it, feeling more than warmed up. On other days this would’ve been a work out on its own for him.

Since the others were still busy pumping weight, he grabbed a bokken, a sort of wooden training katana and began to go through the motions. Thinking back, he did take a long break from training. Ever since the last time he saw Alex, but because he was so busy, he hadn’t noticed how the time flew by. It was no wonder that he felt rusty and the motions seemed foreign to him.

He took a deep breath and concentrated, going through the range of motions again just slower this time, trying to re-establish the connection he was supposed to feel with his weapon.

How effective was this even going to be if he did face someone with a strain? His stance became more aggressive and the bokken cut through the air faster and faster.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Tue May 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Transport Ship

- Lisa -

"You have got some serious denial issues, girl." Lisa responded with a shaky voice. Flying? Not her cup of tea. Falling? TOTALLY not her cup of tea.

Chancing a quick glance out the window, Lisa was surprised to hear Jax behind her. "Bail?" She swallowed, looking up at him with wide eyes. "You can't possibly mean what I think you mean."

When his only response was a grim stare, Lisa muttered an expletive and swiped her palm over the scanner on the wall, releasing Ehlana from the wall. She was still bound, but at least now, she wasn't tied to the ship.

Setting her jaw in a grim line, Lisa marched a dumbfounded Ehlana towards Jax. Even though she knew what was going to happen next, it did nothing to calm her nerves.

"For the record," Lisa quipped, slapping her palm against the center of the other two passengers' backs, "I really, really, really, hate this idea."

The words had barely left her mouth before the three of them were sucked out of the transport and hurled into the open air.

Trying not to focus on the sensation, Lisa let go of the others, spreading her arms and legs to slow her descent. Controlling her own flight was stressful. If she had to add one more person, it was nearly impossible. With three people? Not gonna happen. She needed to create a window of time when her own course didn't matter.

As the other two slipped further and further below, Lisa scanned the waves below. No sign of land, in any direction. Great. What she wouldn't give for a boat...

Lisa screamed in surprise as the ship shot past her, throwing her off center and sending her into a temporary tailspin. Thankfully, it looked like the others were out of it's path.

Wait...

Cursing to herself, Lisa focused on the two below her. Wind whipped around their torsos, slowing their descent as they neared the surface of the ocean. It wouldn't absorb all of the blow, but it would keep them alive.

As she neared the surface, the wind around Lisa swirled downwards, forming a tight spiral. Rather than losing speed, she gained it, and when the air collided with the waves, water sprayed up in every direction as she sank beneath the surface, disappearing from sight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitol

- Alina -

Alina rose to her feet as the transmission ended, punching a button on her com. "Transmit audio only." She spoke into the device, which beeped three times in quick succession.

Her cold gaze traveled around the room before she spoke, demanding silence without her having to utter a single word.

"I suppose introductions are in order, as that only seems fair. I am Alina Grey, High General, for what little love I have for the title."

"We at the Capitol have strived since the end of the previous administration to give the general public a voice among the nobility. While we admit that this comes with some unexpected stress, we are determined to ensure that each and every one of you, the people, has equal opportunities."

"However, those opportunities are provided within the confines of the laws, which your chosen representatives (myself included) have put into place. I want you to know that what decisions we make have been heavily debated and thought out, to ensure that we allow you the freedoms you deserve."

"Many of you have been trying to stand on both sides of those laws in recent days, which is making our job very difficult. While we want to provide you with the liberties that you deserve, we also have to take your own safety into consideration. Please understand, the laws are there to protect you. Not to restrict you."

"That said, tapping into the government broadcast network without permission is considered a major offense, as this channel is generally reserved for emergencies only. We would be happy to meet with Miss Adalia, provided you play by the same rules as we do."

"The two of us disagree on some basic facts, but I would be happy to talk those out with you face to face. I'm assuming if you can access the network, you know how to get in touch with us."

She pressed another button on the com and tossed it onto the table before turning her attention back to the other Council members.

Now that the broadcast was over, her outer calm was now reflected as a cold determination, the kind of aura a soldier might give off before battle. "Consider yourselves put on notice." Alina gestured to everyone sitting around the room. "The people put us here, and that can just as easily replace us with someone else."

"I'm here because I love those people, because I want what's best for them. For as long as that's true, I'll strive to stay. So, if I stop caring, you'll all be the first to know."

"I can only assume that each of you is sitting in that chair because of the same convictions. So, put your heads together, and let's fix this!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Aegis

- Keynes

Keynes chuckled at Luke's motivation, but he made no move to add more weight. "Endurance means more than raw power. If you still want the extra weight after about fifty lifts, let me know. Otherwise, just keep pumping the bar until you can't lift it anymore."

He took a deep breath, turning his attention towards Lenka, who now stood beside him once more. "Oh, I've got the perfect thing for you." Keynes grinned, motioning for Lenka to follow him across the gym. His long strides quickly passed most of the equipment, until he came to a stop next to the heavy bag.

"Let's see how much force you can put behind that little frame." Keynes said, tossing her a roll of tape. "Wrap your knuckles with that."

While she was doing that, Keynes pulled out a pair of gloves and stuffed a small sand bag into each of them.

After inspecting the tape on her knuckles, he held the gloves, which would be surprisingly heavy, out for her to take.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 am

Ergo Research
- Lenka -

Lenka followed Keynes across the gym until he stopped in front of a heavy bag.

She raised her eyebrows, wondering what he was up to. After wrapping her hands, she took the gloves he held out for her.

They were heavy, heavier than she expected but she didn't complain. Lenka seemed to give off a quiet determination, showing she wouldn't just quit.

"I'm not really a true gymnast, by the way," she said, struggeling to put the gloves on. "I just wanted to do something fun as most combat classes were really frustrating for me."

She took a stance in front of the heavy bag, squinting at it.

"Also, I'm studying political history," she said, answering his other question from earlier. "I want to become a journalist. Though I guess that does have to do with news and media."

Finally she struck the heavy bag. It hardly moved. Rather than being discouraged, Lenka adjusted her stance a little and tried again. This time it actually moved noticeably.

"Are you sure this is the most efficient way for me to gain strength?" she asked and raised her hands again, striking the heavy bag again. Left. Right.

---------------------------------------
Transport Ship
- Ehlana -

After seeing Lisa's expression it dawned on Ehlana that this might no be a rescue attempt.

"--" She had no response for that.

Shocked, she allowed Lisa to lead her to the end of the ship, where Jax used his magic to blow off the back wall. Wind suddenly surrounded them and in the next instant they were whipped from the ship and falling towards the sea.

She tried to brace herself for the impact, but nothing could have prepared her for this. Ehlana hit the water, sinking disoriented but at least conscious. For a while she was unable to tell which way was up.

Frantically she moved in one direction, hoping that it was up. Just when her lungs started screaming for air, her head broke through the surface and she gasped for air.

It didn't last long however and a wave swept over her head, dragging her under for a few seconds. She fought her way to the surface again, treading water, breathing heavily and coughing up sea water.

The chains certainly weren't helping and she could feel their weight trying to drag her down. Her survival instinct took over and even though she could feel pain in her chest every time she took a breath, she ignored it for now. What were a couple of bruised or cracked ribs compared to the danger of drowning?

She looked around. There was nothing. No Jax, no Lisa. Had they not made it? Did they land too far away for her to see?

Her eyes just saw water and waves. It seemed endless, evetually meeting the horizon turning into a blinding line of light.

Panic rose in her chest and threatenend to overtake her. Never in her life had she felt so small and helpless. So completely powerless against this monster that was the sea. For someone who had the spent all their life underground, this was overwhelmingly frightening.

Another wave swept over her and she swallowed more sea water, fighting to stay afloat. Even if she started swimming, she didn't even know which direction.

That thought sparked something. She realised didn't want to just give up and die here. Ehlana fought the panic back and raised her wrist to look at her watch. There was a compass on it, working off the magnetic field of the earth. It always pointed north.

If she headed east, there would be land, right? Right?
Back to top Go down
Nexius
Noteworthy Novelist
Noteworthy Novelist
Nexius

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Wed May 03, 2017 4:54 am

Ergo Research
Luke Jaron

"Okay, I got this." Said Luke as Keynes left him with fifty lifting up. Besides, Luke agreed with what Keynes said. Raw power means nothing if you don't have the endurance to keep it up.

Especially for Luke that meant something for him as his Overlimit was all about his endurance. He needed to be focus and for better focus, Luke needed stamina.

But, it seems his body quickly adjusted to the weight that it looked like fifty lifts were not going to tire him out.

Remembering what Keynes said, Luke decided to lifting it until he really felt he had no strength to do it.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Thu May 04, 2017 12:58 am

Peterny - Prison
- Alexei -

Alexei shrugged at Nadenka's question. He didn't know Kaddath well enough to say whether such a speech would work, but then, he wasn't entirely sure it was supposed to. Whatever Maxim's plan was, he tended to use all outcomes to his advantage.

"My allies?" he muttered. Well, he should have expected that question to come up, after what he'd said.

"Belo, who you've met," Alexei replied. "Maxim and Kurik - they were the scientist and the other man with him upstairs. And Ehlana..."

He trailed off. Ehlana was probably dead already - whether by the Army's hands or some useful pawn of the Old Guard, he couldn't say.

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Maxim -

Maxim smiled at Kurik's question.

"High General Grey isn't likely to ignore such a public declaration," he said. "I expect-"

He was cut off by an incoming transmission. Alina Grey was already responding to the Old Guard's message already.

"Well, I expect that," Maxim continued, once Alina's message had finished.

"Are we actually going to meet with her?" Adalia asked peevishly, her arms folded tightly across her chest.

"We must," Farringon replied. "It's the only way to maintain an aura of cooperation."

Maxim smiled and nodded. It was satisfying to hear his words coming out of Farrington's mouth, as though they were the old soldier's.

Capitol

- Raidon -

The Council members all sat in silencing, attempting to digest all that had transpired in the last several minutes. It wasn't until Alina's outburst at the end that everyone seemed jolted to life.

Raidon felt just a little relief at this. It was good to know that Alina hadn't been completely wrong-footed by this unexpected development.

"I'm sure the claims of this 'Old Guard' are baseless accusations," Durmail began, scratching at his snowy beard. "But for the sake of formality, I think it will be best to have them reviewed."

He cast Raidon a look. In his position, it would be Raidon's responsibility to assess any accusation against officials like this.

"You're not suggesting that we give in to their demands?" Serena asked, frowning. "We've spent far too much time trying to rectify the mistakes of the past to simply hand the reigns back to those same people."

"No, no," Durmail protested, reddening slightly. "But simply ignoring such a claim does nothing to cast the High General in a better light."

"What about this meeting?" Lecarde interjected. "Alina, are you really going to meet with them?"

His eyes were intense, his face a mask of forced calm.

Middle of the Ocean

- Jax -

Jax hit the water hard. There had been so little time to take in Lisa's and Ehlana's figures plummeting through the air beside him, the plane roaring off past them, and the great blue expanse of the ocean rushing up to meet them before they in it.

It seemed Lisa had tried to cast her Overlimit on them, but with mixed results. She'd probably saved them from serious injury, but that didn't do much to make Jax feel better at the moment. Aching and disoriented, he sank through the water for several seconds before his brain kicked in. Adrenaline shooting through his limbs, he kicked with powerful strokes and broke free of the surface.

Gasping for breath, he whipped his head around to look for the others, too winded to yell.

There was the prisoner - Ehlana. She seemed to be having trouble staying afloat. He paddled over to her and put a steadying arm beneath her as he tread water.

"You all right?" he asked. "Have you seen Lisa?"

Last edited by Prisma*Illya on Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11Thu May 04, 2017 11:29 am

Middle of the ocean
- Ehlana -

Another wave swept over her head and Ehlana coughed up another mouthful of salt water.

She did have trouble keeping her head above water and as more time passed, she could feel the effort it took.

Suddenly Jax appeared next to her. Shock, followed by relief. She realised, he was helping her stay afloat and didn’t pull away. It seemed silly to stay uncooperative in this life or death situation and to be honest, if he didn’t help her, she knew she would eventually drown.

“I’m alive,” Ehlana replied between breaths. Her hostility seemed to be gone for now. “No sign of Lisa though.”

---------------------------------

Peterney - Old Guard HQ
- Kurik -

Kurik grinned when the transmission started and High General Grey’s message sounded through the room. It was phrased much more calmly and rationally than he expected. It was hard to tell, but he believed he could hear hints of growing anger and frustration in her words.

“Clever,” he said quietly. “I suspect you have a location in mind that will let us retain an advantage?” he asked Maxim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC   Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC - Page 19 Clock11

Back to top Go down

Genesis Crisis: Resurgence IC
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next