Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Welcome to the new stage of roleplay~

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Grail Games IC

Go down 
+3
RyubosJ
Spiriter
Dannytheman1
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Lancer stopped when Logan spoke, her hand resting on the door handle. His words were spoken with enough true emotion to convince her and she turned back around. She had gotten through to him which was more than she had hoped for.

Her eyes were piercing him for quite a few moments before she finally spoke. "I accept your apology because it was meant sincerely," Even though her anger wasn't quite gone, she was willing to push it aside for now if it meant change could be otherwise achieved.

She wasn't sure if he actually believed in those words just yet. It was simply impossible to change ones views and believes in such a short time, but she was truly glad to see that his stubbornly upheld wall seemed to have gotten a few cracks. Certainly over time, he would be able to find peace.

"You may find that this path appears just as hard as the one you had chosen. But please don't give up hope. There are people who believe in you, myself included."

She sat down next to him on the bed, not close enough to touch him, but still close enough so that he could feel her presence.

After a moment of shared silence, she stood up and rested her hand on his shoulder for a second. "I'll leave you to rest. You probably have a lot on your mind," she said with a light smile and walked out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:24 am

Calisa stared out over the waves of the water, allowing her mind to remain peacefully blank as she simply felt the rush of the waves and the gentle rocking of the boat.

"You seem distracted."

She gave a start and looked up to see Raphael gazing down at her, his expression almost mild. Smiling, she shrugged and turned back out toward the water.

"Oh, just thinking. Or, trying not to, rather," she said lightly. Nodding, Raphael leaned back against the wall and gazed out over the water as well, looking contemplative.

"This will be my last job," he said after a long pause. "I think a service done in guilt is no service at all."

Calisa smiled. At least one of them was getting it.

"I think... I think she'd be proud of you, Raphael."

She was worried he might not react well to her being brought up. He had told her the truth - a very brave move on his part - but she wasn't sure if that meant she was at liberty to discuss it.

But she needn't have worried. Raphael only sighed and looked upward, as though hoping to pierce the heavens with his gaze and catch a fleeting glimpse of her.

"Yes... I hope so."

--------------------

There was a knock on Logan's door, and Raphael and Calisa entered, looking serious.

"I finally pinpointed the homunculus' location," he said. "It's hiding beneath Kaiserpfalz."

Calisa looked startled and turned to stare at the priest with a questioning gaze.

"Not that surprising, really," Raphael replied, glancing at her. "Caster amassed a substantial amount of power there. It would be the prime location for activating the Grail."

Kaiserpfalz... it was the last place she wanted to go, but there didn't seem to be much choice.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
https://rpbastion.forumotion.com
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Yacht

Logan had breathed a sigh of relief when Lancer accepted his apology, but he hadn't realized at that moment what trials he might have set himself up for on a different path than the one he had previously chosen. Even several minutes after she'd left the room, Logan could still feel Lancer's hand on his shoulder. It was like a brand on his skin, reminding him of her words.

There are people who believe in you, myself included.

How could he hope to live up to that? Yet hope was all he really could do. His fingers tightened over his shoulder, where Lancer's hand had been several moments before. There was no point in worrying over it now. Other matters still needed to be taken care of.

As if summoned by his thoughts, a knock echoed from the door, and both Raphael and Calisa stepped inside. Logan dropped his hand from his shoulder, gripping the mattress with it instead. "Considering its past course of action, it will give us a short time to come to it on our own terms, and if we don't comply, it will send something to fetch us forcibly." Logan responded to Raphael, reaching behind him to pull the shackles on the bed forward. "So, the question is, do we go after it, or do we wait for an invitation?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Raphael nodded solemnly, feeling Logan's assessment was likely correct.

"If we're going to face it, I'd rather face it head-on," Calisa said, looking fierce.

"At this stage, I doubt much sense of subtlety or reservation remains in it either," Raphael added. "I'd rather not involve anyone more than we have to."

"So what's the plan then?"

Raphael looked thoughtful as he moved to the wall and leaned against it, eyes closed in concentration.

"It's going to expect Logan and Lancer to pursue it. Me as well, no doubt," he murmured after a moment's thought. "But you... perhaps not."

Calisa remained silent, though her eyebrows raised slightly.

"Lancer will need to preoccupy any backup the homunculus tries to bring up," Raphael said, glancing over at Logan. "And I'll have to deal with that cultist, who will, no doubt, be lurking around. That's going to leave you with keeping the homunculus' attention until Calisa can get an opening."

It wasn't an ideal situation for anyone, but it was the only choice they had.

--------------------

Pain. Pain. Pain.

It was impossible to hide any longer. Involuntary spasms sent its body twitching at odd moments, and even breathing seemed to send a rush of broiling hot steam through its lungs.

But its smile... its smile never faltered.

Because it had one. It had outlasted them all. They had tried to use it as a tool, but it had instead crushed them all.

"Do you feel that?" it murmured, its spine convulsing so that its torso pitched forward a moment. "Victory is so very near."

"Yes, Master," the black-cloaked figure of Edmond said, bowing low to the ground at the foot of the mound of rubble upon which Abaddon sat, like a monarch on his elaborate throne.

But the homunculus gave the cultist a dismissive look before glancing at Destroyer, its lips curving in a maliciously gleeful smile.

"And you, Destroyer? How does it feel to serve by my side, here at the end?"

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

Location : Sitting alone outside a door that someone else kicked in. I'll wait for all eternity. Won't you invite me in?

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Yacht

Logan frowned as Raphael spoke, but rather than responding as the priest laid out a plan, Logan muttered an incantation under his breath. The shackles between his fingers twitched and coiled before melting around his wrist and spreading across his upper body, where they reformed in their original state.

"Your plan is missing one thing, Moderator." Logan said, turning a wolfish grin in Raphael's direction. "I still have an obligation to my Servant, to bend the Grail to my will. Before you take the liberty of destroying it," His eyes turned to Calisa. "I do at least want to question it. If it refuses to be used for its original purpose, then so be it. I won't end this without trying though."

Lancer, prepare yourself. He transmitted the thought to her. Soon, we will know if our wishes will be granted, or if the thing that refused to allow them will be crushed under our heels.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Lancer didn't appear out of thin air like she usually did. Instead she walked through the door of Logan's bedroom, looking much like a normal person, with a cup of tea in her hand.

"I'm always prepared," she declared. "How much more rest do you need?"

She let her eyes wander about the room, coming to rest on Calisa and Raphael.

"What else do you need to get ready?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:58 am

- Illya

The figure called Destroyer looks upon the homunculus and tilts her head to the side, ever since she was summoned she had been wondering why the homunculus had done this. She couldn't understand, and now she felt the need to voice her question.

"It feels quite interesting, I already knew I would become a mere slave once again. Life has that attribute to it... But, why? Why can I still think not as a new being called Destroyer, but instead my mind is still that of Lilith?"

She looks at her hand, now clad in a black armor similar to that of Saber, she couldn't understand it, what did the doll have to gain from this?

"It feels interesting, I have so much anger pilled inside and my brain tells me that I should direct it to you. Yet, to even think of such thing makes my soul cry in pain, almost as if I'm betraying my own nature. I'm impressed, not only are you humiliating me, you're preventing me from killing you."

Her bloodlust grows, it becomes to thick that a dark aura begins to form around her suffocating the air. Yet her eyes and voice never changed, calm and collected, it did not even feel like Lilith and instead felt like a machine with her intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Payne, Noin - Ship

Raphael gave a humorless chuckle at Logan's words, looking annoyed.

"Still on that, are you?" he said dismissively. "Well, we'll see how accommodating the homunculus is when we arrive."

"When will we arrive?" Calisa asked from her place by the wall.

"Whenever we're ready to leave," Raphael answered, eyeing Logan. "I think that largely depends on his condition, however."

--------------------

Jorg - Kaiserpfalz

Abaddon grinned appreciatively at Destroyer's words, standing shakily to its feet and approaching her.

"You see," it said softly, reaching a hand up to touch her, which spasmed in midair before reaching her face. "This is what happens to those who deny me."

It turned from her, its face hardening even as its grin broadened.

"Those who deny me love, deny me respect, deny me choice, deny me LIFE!"

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Yacht

"I see you've gotten your voice back." Logan said, responding to Calisa first in an amused tone before turning to Lancer and Raphael.

"I've rested enough, although I am lacking the energy I usually have, no doubt because of massive blood loss last night." He slowly flexed his fingers, testing his grip on the sheets in between them. "We don't have the luxury of waiting for me to heal completely though, and I doubt my condition will improve drastically over the course of the afternoon. So, I'd say, let's get this over with, and I can rest after it's done."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Illya - Kaiserpfalz

"Don't get ahead of yourself, doll."

Destroyer chuckled, she looked at the homunculus with mocking eyes, all this melancholic play of his was laughable at best. Lilith couldn't understand him, no, perhaps it was because she fully understood his position that her actions showed nothing but mockery.

"With that way of thinking you'll never prove yourself to be alive."

She explained him, he was so blinded by hatred that he would never see the answer even if it hit him right in the face. Lilith continued to mock him with her eyes, she showed no fear as death did not scare her, and she showed no hatred as she was currently incapable of feeling hatred towards the homunculus, yet she couldn't help but feel joy from seeing his pathetic attempts.

"To be human is to seek pleasure, little doll. Until you fully understand that you will never stop being a doll to me, no a puppet trapped in his own strings."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Calisa blinked in surprise, realizing she'd spoken aloud out of reflex. It seemed her voice was back.

Good thing too. She was going to need every available spell she had for the coming battle.
Raphael, who had turned to look at her at the sudden sound of her voice, looked back at Logan and frowned.

"While I appreciate your... tenacity, there's no reason to rush in recklessly. We'll wait till dusk. Rest... or prepare, if you prefer, until then."

He turned to leave the room, but Calisa stopped him with a hand on his arm.

"Where are you going?" she asked softly, studying his face. He sighed before turning to glance at her.

"To pray."

Calisa nodded and released him to go, but then thought better of it.

"Mind if I join you? Two prayers are better than one, right?"

Raphael smiled - a thin smile, but a smile nonetheless - before nodding.

"All right. We can use all the prayers we can get."

--------------------

Doll

The word made the homunculus snap around, its glare cold and spiteful. But upon hearing Caster's words, its expression cracked into an amused smile once more.

"Why, my dear Lilith," Abaddon replied, its head jerking disconcertingly for a moment as he tilted it mockingly to the side. "Why do you think I brought you back in the first place? Why do you think I draw out these Games instead of moving in to crush the last remaining dregs of competition?"

Yes, he could have converged on them at the park after the battle with Saber, when they were weak and vulnerable. But that would be no fun. They had to think they stood a chance.

"I am enjoying myself. Oh so much," Abaddon laughed silkily. "And when I've finished with these ridiculous Games, I'll enjoy myself even more. The world will be my playground. I'll take whatever I want, and do whatever I want."

And the wait was almost nearly over. Abaddon moved back to its makeshift throne and perched itself, with some difficulty, due to sporadic twitches of its limbs, and sat humming to itself as it awaited its prey to walk into its web.

--------------------

Transition - Night

The sun was disappearing behind the horizon as they walked through the streets of the city, unusually sparse for the time of day.

Everyone was quiet, even unusually so, as they made their way toward Kaiserpfalz. Despite her determination, Calisa could not help but feel some trepidation, especially knowing when they were going.

But Raphael moved straight and tall with iron-like determination. It made Calisa feel a bit braver, and determined as well.

"They're all going to do their best. I have to too," she thought.

When they reached the ruins, it was as silent and desolate as the way they had left it. calisa's eyes moved automatically to the place Caster had faded before snapping back into place.

"The ruins beneath," she said quietly. "This way."

Taking the lead, she headed toward the opposite end, where the passage leading beneath was located. Again, her eyes moved of their own accord to the place where Dowth had been laid to rest.

It hurt. But it also brought anger, and resolve.

"Let's end this," she murmured, disappearing into the darkness below.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Kaiserpfalz

Logan's boots made almost no sound, even as they trod over the broken gravel and earth of Kaiserpfalz. He'd remained passively silent while they walked, but now that they were approaching their destination, he found himself unable to speak. No words from him would influence the others. They were all driven by their own determinations, and he bore no illusions about how this night would probably end.

Light flickered around them as a fireball came to life in his hand, and Logan twisted it in a familiar motion, spreading the flames into a halo, which he rested over his head.

"Roar of the beast..." The crackling words echoed in the tunnels, almost like the flames that were produced from Logan's fingertips. "Set free from its cage." More fire sprang forth, now filling both his hands with flaming swords, which illuminated the tunnels around them.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Raphael stopped short as the entrance to the homunculus' chamber appeared in the distance. He held up a hand, stopping the others short, before pulling up the sleeve of his robe to reveal the Command Spells inscribed on his forearm.

"Here," he said to Logan, seizing his hand. "Lancer is going to need these."

The Command Spells began to snake across Raphael's arm and onto Logan's, when suddenly a noise came from the chamber ahead. Raphael removed his hand and stared up ahead before signaling the others to follow.

--------------------

Abaddon stared into the gloomy darkness of the ruins below Kaiserpfalz, eyes narrowed in contemplation. It had ignored the faint sounds of movement around the bottom of the rubble heap upon which it sat for quite some time, but suddenly sat up straighter and looked around.

"Minion," he said off-handedly, waving for Edmond's attention. "What are you up to?"

The cultist straightened up, dusting off his robes.

"Merely setting up protective spells for you, Master," he said subserviently as the homunculus peered around the base of his makeshift throne, noting the sigils and rune markings surrounding it. Abaddon's eyes narrowed for a moment before a wild laugh burst from its mouth.

"You realize, of course, that I am connected to the Root - and all the knowledge within."

It stood up slowly as Edmond stepped back, still unable to meet his master's eyes.

"Did you really think I wouldn't recognize a binding ritual when I saw one?"

Abaddon made a move, but Edmond reacted first. Clapping his hands together, the sigils lit up with an intense blue light, sealing the homunculus within the barrier. Destroyer looked to Abaddon for instructions, but the homunculus gave none. Instead, it stopped short and stared at the cultist, who now bore a wide smile.

"The Infernal Mother will be so pleased," he said quietly. "The power of a true demon, finally within her grasp."

Abaddon's expression was hard like marble as it slowly moved toward the edge of the barrier. Then, with one gesture of its hand, the sigils seemed to ignite and vanish, removing the barrier. Edmond staggered back, eyes wide in terror.

"No, that's..."

"You should have known better than to cross me."

With a thrust of its arm, Abaddon sent Edmond hurtling back against the cave wall, his head connecting with the hard stone with a sickening crunch.

"You can come out now," the homunculus said quietly as the cultist's body collapsed to the ground, wide-eyed and unmoving. "With the preliminaries past, we can finally move on to the main event."

--------------------

Calisa slipped back into the shadows of the passage, hand still over her mouth to keep herself from making any noise. The cultist's sudden, gruesome death had come as quite a shock, but she couldn't let that ruin their plans.

Raphael, meanwhile, had stepped into the chamber, eyes only briefly flickering to the cultist's corpse before looking at the homunculus. Well, this would certainly change things.

"Well, let's not waste any time then," he murmured, Black Keys slipping into his hands.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Kaiserpfalz

"What a waste on both sides, one tries to restrain instead of kill and another kills instead of corrupt. Truly I am surrounded by fool."

The sound of heavy steps fills the chamber with metal scrapping on other metal as a powerful female voice echoes through the chamber. It was Destroyer, clad in black broken armor similar to that of Saber and a body similar to that of Caster, with sword at her shoulder she glares at the homunculus.

"You could have left him alive, at least I could have given him some worth to his existence. But there's no saving a chuck of dead meat."

She complains at the homunculus recklessness, with her magic she could have made Edmond into a fine puppet, but perhaps the homunculus knew that would be too dangerous for him.

"That said... What do we have here?"

She turns to the intruders, she already knew they were here, there was no hiding from her. It seemed all of them came back, even those she did not want to see.

"Calisa?... What are you doing here? You're no longer a Master, you have no obligation to be here."

Her eyes narrow and look down at the ex-master, her voice carrying irritation.
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Kaiserpfalz

Logan grimaced as the Command Spells snaked up his arm, but he didn't release the flaming sword in his grip. Now was the time for action. All else could wait until the final blow had been struck, although it seemed that the first wouldn't be delivered by any of them... Logan regarded the fallen cultist with mild disinterest before turning his gaze to the homunculus.

"Main event?" Logan asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "You make it sound like you'd planned all of this... But then, that would mean you already know the outcome. Do tell, creation of Man. What is tonight's course of events?"
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Spoiler:

Well, there was the big surprise out the door then. Calisa bit her lip and stepped into the light with the others, daring to gaze up toward Caster. No, not Caster - she was something different, whatever she looked like. Right?

But no... the golden eyes, the same eyes... could only be truly hers.

"Lilith...?" she murmured, her voice catching in her throat.

The homunculus laughed loudly, gazing toward his High Servant before glancing back at them.

"That's right. I thought it only fair to allow her here for our grand finale," it said, its head twitching slightly on its shoulders. When Logan spoke, however, its smile faded.

"Yes... a creation of man, but its tool no longer," Abaddon said quietly. "Tell me, you servant of God, is it right for man to play God? To create life and control it for his own?"

The homunculus' shoulder spasmed as it gave a sudden laugh and turned away from them all, musing softly to itself.

"But no matter. As for tonight's events... why, that's impossible to predict. After all, that's in your hands, not mine."

"What do you mean?" Raphael demanded sharply.

"Well..." Abaddon said slowly, turning back to them. "I am the Holy Grail, after all. Nothing is beyond my grasp. So the question is, do you wish to bask in my power? To grant your heart's desire?"

There was a thick silence as the four intruders stared up at the homunculus, trying to swallow its words.

"Yes, I am willing to bestow my power upon you and grant your wishes, if you surrender to me. Don't you want to be able to right the wrongs of your past?"

Abaddon glanced slyly at Lancer, its lips twitching.

"To undo the mistakes that have fractured your lives and those around you?"

His eyes moved to the three Masters, gleefully watching the careful masks falter as their painful memories swam to the surface.

Calisa blanched, the thought of what things might have been like if Dowth had never been cruelly forced apart from her mother - a loving home, caring parents, and freedom...

But then, would all this pain have been in vain? Would they all have suffered so much for nothing?

"No..." Calisa said hoarsely. "I can't do that."

She looked at Raphael, his eyes wide and his fists clenched. She could imagine the images flashing through his mind right now.

Walks with his fiancé, full of laughs and smiles and kisses....

The burns and screams of the towns as hundreds and hundreds of people suffered and died....

His own love, lying cold and dead across his body....

"We can't do that," she said more loudly, daring to touch his arm gently. "Those things are done. It's time to stop living in regret. Once and for all, we have to be strong enough to break free from those chains of the past and move on."

Raphael turned to look at her, his eyes uncertain.

"Cause anything else is just running away," Calisa whispered, squeezing his hand. For a moment, she thought she saw the glimmer of tears in the priest's eyes. But in a moment, he had closed his eyes and breathed deeply before opening them again, the blue orbs hard like sapphires.

Perhaps he didn't feel strong enough to speak, or just felt words weren't necessary. Either way, he simply looked and her and nodded slowly.

Calisa smiled.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Kaiserpfalz

"Whether or not it's right for men to play God is for the Almighty Himself to decide." Logan responded, his gaze locked with that of the homunculus. "I am merely the tool used to carry out the sentence He hands down."

He fell silent again as Abaddon continued to speak, but Logan's thoughts were anything but silent. The creature offered them the wish, clear and simple... But at what cost? And even then, would asking for what he truly desired really produce the same result? It felt like cheating somehow.

It was Lancer's voice that broke him from his thoughts, cutting through the cold air like a blade twisting into his heart...

"The price I would pay to give my people a second chance at prosperity, a second chance at a legacy they could be proud of, is great..." Her voice started low but quickly gained volume, and she inhaled deeply, turning her fierce glare on the homunculus. "But never, not even in chains, did I surrender to any man, nor will I surrender to the likes of you here and now. At the end of it all, a legacy born at the cost of your pride is no legacy worth having."

Logan couldn't keep himself from chuckling at that. "Well, there you have your answer, creation of man."
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:01 pm

"So, that's your answer then," Abaddon said softly, its shoulder jerking spontaneously as it watched them.

Suddenly, the air began to become charged with mana, dense and thick to even the least astute magus. All around the homunculus, spheres of raw magical energy began to form.

"Very well. Generosity was never one of my strong suits anyway. Destroyer!"

The Servant leaped into action, but Lancer was already in motion to meet the enemy's sword with her spear.

"Then I shall have the satisfaction of dealing with the rest of you myself," Abaddon said, snapping its thin, pale fingers. Instantly, the mana shot forward like a deadly rain of meteors, aiming to wipe them out.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:25 am

Kaiserpfalz

Logan shifted one foot slightly as the air in the chamber became heavy. This wasn't good. Whatever the homunculus was planning was going to be massive.

Lancer twisted her spear to the side, drawing Destroyer's sword with it, and kicked forward with her back foot, driving her shoulder into Destroyer's breastplate to push the Servant backwards a step. She had just twisted her spear for a lunge at Destroyer's knee when a flaming whip crashed into Destroyer. It didn't provide much in the way of damage, but it wasn't meant to. All it needed to do was distract Destroyer for a moment.

"Lancer, dispel it!" Logan yelled, one of the Command Spells burning away from his arm.

Compelled by the spell, Lancer twisted her spear and, using both hands, drove it into the ground at her feet.

If the pressure from the mana had been intimidating, the presence that now filled the chamber would be more akin to oppressive. The rain of mana sizzled as it vanished into air that now seemed stale to all those occupying the chamber. Likewise, Logan's halo and flaming whips vanished, doused by the dominating force of Lancer's magic resistance.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Abaddon's feet began to lift off the ground as its body twitched more convulsively than ever. Its eyes, however, remained quite steadily fixed on the three humans below.

"I only offer two choices - submit or suffer. Since you have spurned my generous offer, there is only one course left."

Suddenly, he flew in their direction, more mana gathering into spheres about him like a cage.

"Now SUFFER!" the homunculus shrieked.

Raphael sprang into action first, unleashing several waves of Black Keys in seconds. But Abaddon fired off his mana bursts, deflecting each blade aside and replacing his own defenses instantly. With a wave of his hand, he shot a blast at the priest, knocking him back against the cave wall.

"Raphael!" Calisa yelled, making a start toward him. But it would be no good. She couldn't give the homunculus any openings.

Holding her ground, she raised her hands and conjured a bolt of lightning to her hand. Then, with the other, she stretched it back, as though holding an arrow. With a cry, she let the Starbow spell fly toward the homunculus, who countered it with a blast of his own.

"Logan, find an opening!" she cried, her body straining as she more rapidly began to fire bolt after bolt at the homunculus, trying to momentarily create a breach in its seemingly impenetrable defenses.

--------------------

"You know you can't win."

Destroyer's blade fell across Lancer's spear like a sledgehammer, the impact sending a shockwave of mana all around. Again and again, the dark paladin swung her blade, releasing ridiculous amounts of mana with each blow and showing no signs of stopping.

"Is it the sign of a hero, never giving up in the face of defeat?" she asked, yellow eyes narrowing.

Even as your homeland is invaded...

Even as your children are slaughtered...

"Or are you just a fool?" Destroyer challenged, crying out with effort as she swung her blade like a bat, with enough force to blast away even the strongest Servant.

--------------------

[OOC: Due to the fact that I'm tired of constantly having to wait on people - and that includes everyone - I'm going to be updating this rp daily, regardless of who posts. If necessary, I'll NPC anyone I need to in order to keep things going. You've been given notice.]

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:13 am

Kaiserpfalz

"Find an opening..." Logan muttered Calisa's words back to himself, rolling his eyes at them. As if it would be that easy. The only brief openings the homunculus seemed to present were when its body twitched uncontrollably, and that seemed to be a completely random occurrence. Timing a spell to fit into the window would be impossible.

Still, he had to try something...

If he could get in close, he could do some damage, but with all the mana swirling around the homunculus, that wasn't really an option. No matter how hot he stoked the fire around him, it wouldn't burn all of that off before some of it made its way to him. Range didn't really seem to be an option either. What he needed was a shield that wouldn't break for long enough to reach the monster...

His eyes suddenly widened in realization. They had one such object here with them! Swallowing, Logan let his gaze drift to where Lancer and Destroyer were dueling for a moment. Was it even possible? Did they really have any other choice?

Lancer, is there any way you can restrain Destoryer's movements for long enough to make her into a projectile?

He projected the thought, even as he was already muttering an incantation.

Fire sprang to life in his hands, greedily clawing its way up his arms and then surrounding his torso. Logan took one last breath before the flames consumed him entirely, coating him in a molten coat that lit up the dim room.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Lancer moved back to lessen the impact on her lance. Then she moved closer again, looking for an opening in Destroyers attack barrage.

“I may not be a hero…,” Lancer replied, her teeth gritting as she blocked another one of Destroyers blows.

She put more effort into her next attack, thrusting her lance forward. “…but I’m definitely no fool!”

Destroyer’s blade came at her with tremendous force and she knew she couldn’t completely avoid it. She readied her lance and half blocked the blade to take some of the power out of it. Being hit by the blast, she skidded backwards and almost lost her balance.

I can restrain her, but I can’t hold her long enough to throw her, Lancer projected back to Logan in the moment of reprise she had after Destroyer’s big attack. Almost immediately in response, she charged forward again, ready to attack again.
Back to top Go down
Prisma*Illya
Paramount Pagemaster
Paramount Pagemaster
Prisma*Illya

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:42 pm

Calisa panted heavily, her arms drooping to her sides as she let loose her last Starbow spell. The effort was too much; keeping up with the homunculus' capacity was nearly impossible.

"Die," Abaddon said, swiping a hand in her direction. Streams of mana burst forward, surging toward her to strike her down.

Suddenly, Raphael leaped in front of her, hurling Black Keys alight with flames to counter each blast.

"Raphael..." she breathed.

"There's only so much I can do," the priest said, cutting her off. "You need to come up with a spell to get past its defenses."

"What-"

"You created your own spells!" he yelled, leaping forward to hurl more Black Keys at the homunculus. "You have to have one that can help us!"

Well, there was one she could think of. But it was going to be difficult to pull off, and leave her quite vulnerable.

"Logan, you and Raphael are going need to keep me safe. I need total concentration for this," she told him, moving back and taking a deep breath.

Throwing her head back, Calisa let loose a continuous note - a dark, wild, haunting sound. Out of her mouth seemed to issue a red light, from which separated out red wisps that flew toward the ground, morphing into ghostly shapes.

The daemons flew forward toward Abaddon, who shot a volley of blasts at them. However, the blasts seemed to have no effect. And when the familiars flew into the orbs surrounding the homunculus, faded out of existence.

"What?" Abaddon cried out in surprise, convulsing. It quickly replaced them, but more familiars were emerging from Calisa's mouth, surging forward like a relentless tide.

Abaddon caught on quickly; the girl was the source, and she needed to keep her song going. Immediately, the homunculus forced his fury on her, letting loose more blasts toward the magus.

--------------------

Destroyer sneered at the red-haired woman, her yellow eyes flashing disdainfully.

"If you're not a fool, then you're suicidal."

The High Servant blocked Lancer's blow, but did not follow up. Instead, she stepped back, raising her blade before her. A sickly green aura began to coat the blade, giving it an eerie glow.

"Malkira, Curse of the Wicked," she murmured. In a sudden move, she burst forward, slashing toward Lancer's legs, the sweeping around for a blow to the side.

But the High Servant's sword no longer needed to strike Lancer's flesh to wound her. Just contact with her spear was enough to drive the curse, the wicked poison into her body.

~The Ruin of Camelot~
Back to top Go down
Payne
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
Payne

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:14 am

Kaiserpfalz

Logan grimaced at Lancer's mental response. Not being able to restrain Destroyer was a major wrench in his plan... Not that he would have had time to complete it anyway.

A haunting sound penetrated through the roar of flames around him, and Logan's attention turned to Calisa, who seemed to have found a way to weaken the homunculus. She also seemed to have gone completely immobile. Not good...

A surge of mana shot towards her, and Logan leapt in front of it, inhaling to pull the flames from around himself. Just as the mana reached him, Logan released the jet of flames from his mouth, punching a scorching cone through the center of the blast. He felt the mana wash by on either side of him, stinging his skin. It wouldn't be safe to try and protect Calisa from the assault like this again. No, he needed a more direct approach.

"Pardon my closeness..." He muttered as he stepped into her space, getting as close as he could without disrupting her airflow. The sound of rattling chains was barely audible over the haunting howl that Calisa produced, but they fell to the ground and then rose behind him, forming a solid wall between the homunculus and the pair of them.
Back to top Go down
NoIn-LoKi
Celebrity Composer
Celebrity Composer
NoIn-LoKi

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:24 pm

“You don’t know anything about me,” Lancer replied. “At least I can still make my own decisions.” She too had recognized some distinctive characteristics of Caster and knew she was now bound to the homunculus.

Lancer watched as Destroyer unleashed her spell, he whole body tensing up in anticipation.

When the attack followed, she reacted quickly, knowing that it was best to avoid getting struck by that curse.

She dodged the first swing narrowly and then raised her lance, infusing it with mana and driving it into the ground. The blast sent up a barrage of mana, sparks and loose rocks.

Hoping it would get her a moment of hesitation or distraction, she used that time gripped the handle of Destroyer’s blade to block the final blow. Using all her power, she tried to wrestle the blade from her hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grail Games IC   The Grail Games IC - Page 38 Clock11

Back to top Go down

The Grail Games IC
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next